NATION

PASSWORD

Defensive Pact for Smaller Regions

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Founded: May 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Defensive Pact for Smaller Regions

Postby The Industrial City » Fri May 29, 2020 3:34 pm

If you are the Founder or in charge of foreign relations for a smaller region, consider joining the Interregional Army Pact.This is essentially a defense pact where the signees each contribute to an independent army. This army is fundamentally a defender army, and, once large enough, it will begin some of the defender activities that the larger defender regions participate in. But for now, it will just be defending the signees of the pact from raiders. This means that signing this pact is super beneficial for small founderless regions that could quickly be overrun by raiders. All you have to contribute is a WA nation. For more information, telegram me or check out the dispatches on the Interregional Alliance Army page.
The pact itself: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1380297
I am the President of The Democratic Region of Casau, author of the Interregional Army Pact of 2020 https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1380297. If you are a relatively small region with little to no functioning military forces, consider joining the pact. To sign, telegram me.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:38 pm

The Industrial City wrote:-snip-

sounds good, but why not join a pact with another region?
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Fri May 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Awesomeland012345 wrote:
The Industrial City wrote:-snip-

sounds good, but why not join a pact with another region?

There is no reason for you not to join a pact w/ another region, but I don't know if this has already been done catering to smaller regions.

Edit: Plus, you can be in this pact as well as a pact with anyone else, provided that the pacts don't interfere with each other.
Last edited by The Industrial City on Fri May 29, 2020 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am the President of The Democratic Region of Casau, author of the Interregional Army Pact of 2020 https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1380297. If you are a relatively small region with little to no functioning military forces, consider joining the pact. To sign, telegram me.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri May 29, 2020 6:10 pm

You should form some sort of an alliance...made up of founderless regions. You could call it the Founderless Regions Alliance. Oh wait, we already did that once.

Frankly, as a raider, I enjoy defender alliances with founderless regions in them. They're all the more fun to take and hold and maybe destroy if you're trying to send a message to that particular defender group.

From a native's perspective, though, they're probably going to do more harm than good, especially if you end up in an alliance that doesn't really care to show up and defend its foundless regions, which is what started happening in the end days of the FRA. You're just going to get hit more because a raider's favorite target is a defender region.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Sat May 30, 2020 2:00 pm

Duly noted. We will use this information to our advantage. Thank you.

Edit: why would we publish the names of our founderless allies? That seems kinda stupid, right?
Last edited by The Industrial City on Sat May 30, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Sat May 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Many thanks to Union of liberty for being our first signee besides ourselves!

The Confederate-State
Lobbyist

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Confederate-State » Sun May 31, 2020 1:39 pm

Why not just work on convincing every small region to set their delegate authority to only "World Assembly"?
Speaker of the Assembly of Players in Greater Middle East

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Sun May 31, 2020 2:01 pm

The Confederate-State wrote:Why not just work on convincing every small region to set their delegate authority to only "World Assembly"?

Founderless regions are unable to do this and the WA delegate automatically receives Executive power. Additionally, this pact gives regions not only a guarantee of defense but an ability to be represented in Military Gameplay as well, which is something that most regions will never be able to participate in besides occasionally being raided.

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Sun May 31, 2020 8:30 pm

Many thanks to The Great Monarchical Nations, for being our 2nd signee!

A Bloodred Moon
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 13, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby A Bloodred Moon » Sun May 31, 2020 11:35 pm

As Evil Wolf mentioned above, defender association by founderless regions usually ends with them being raided several times or destroyed. It paints a huge bullseye on the back of founderless regions to associate themselves with defenders or defender pacts.

That said, even though I'm a raider, I do wish you the best of luck. Seeing new regions enter R/D, away from the established defender culture and their old guard, is always encouraging to see. Historically speaking, interregional defender alliances like the ADN and the FRA became very powerful, leading the defender world at times. Indeed, should you get enough people on board, you'll be able to defend your founderless allies. It will undoubtedly be hard at first, but should you prove to be stubborn enough, I have no doubt it will work out. Might be worth asking some of the older defenders for tips to get you started. Other than that, good luck, and hopefully see you on the battlefield :)

EDIT: and it might be worth setting up a forum and discord/other chat program to coordinate with your members more easily, as well as securely, since I have seen no indication you have any.
Last edited by A Bloodred Moon on Sun May 31, 2020 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoWhatup

Alpha Emeritus of Lone Wolves United - For Your Protection

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:20 am

A Bloodred Moon wrote:As Evil Wolf mentioned above, defender association by founderless regions usually ends with them being raided several times or destroyed. It paints a huge bullseye on the back of founderless regions to associate themselves with defenders or defender pacts.

That said, even though I'm a raider, I do wish you the best of luck. Seeing new regions enter R/D, away from the established defender culture and their old guard, is always encouraging to see. Historically speaking, interregional defender alliances like the ADN and the FRA became very powerful, leading the defender world at times. Indeed, should you get enough people on board, you'll be able to defend your founderless allies. It will undoubtedly be hard at first, but should you prove to be stubborn enough, I have no doubt it will work out. Might be worth asking some of the older defenders for tips to get you started. Other than that, good luck, and hopefully see you on the battlefield :)

Thanks! It is good to see that both sides appreciate this idea. I am currently working on ways to protect founderless regions that sign the pact, so don't expect easy pickings! :)

A Bloodred Moon wrote:EDIT: and it might be worth setting up a forum and discord/other chat program to coordinate with your members more easily, as well as securely, since I have seen no indication you have any.

Yep, I'll be working on this.

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:59 pm

I am in
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:37 pm

Wonderful! I will add you to the list shortly. You will have until 5:30 on Wednesday to move a WA nation to Interregional Alliance Army

Ostrovskiy
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ostrovskiy » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:22 pm

The Industrial City wrote:Wonderful! I will add you to the list shortly. You will have until 5:30 on Wednesday to move a WA nation to Interregional Alliance Army

wait! Sorry, I can't. I will reapply one day if necessary
Elected Director of the Union of Democratic States

Senior Warden, TGW | Lieutenant, UDSAF
First person to complete the lavenderest collection in Season 3, Best Rarity Collection of 2023 (as voted by the Cardens)
SCR#439, SCR#444, GAR#674, SCR#471, SCR#492, SCR#493, Issue #1622

Sleet: You are a Zionist and think anti-Zionism is anti-semitism. Me: y e s

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 pm

Ostrovskiy wrote:
The Industrial City wrote:Wonderful! I will add you to the list shortly. You will have until 5:30 on Wednesday to move a WA nation to Interregional Alliance Army

wait! Sorry, I can't. I will reapply one day if necessary

It's ok.

Wortleyeti
Civilian

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wortleyeti » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:04 pm

Sounds good, I would like to join

The Industrial City
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Industrial City » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:40 am

You aren't a World Assembly nation. That is required to enter the army. And you don't represent your region, so your region isn't joining. So what do you mean? Are you going to start your own region? Become World Assembly? Give us a WA puppet? I need you to elaborate.

Awesomeland012345
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Awesomeland012345 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:59 pm

The region should only be a placeholder. If you're actually an army, then people will have lots of puppets in the WA. You shouldn't have to have one ready at all times. You can just apply to the WA.

Edit: here's an example: The MT Army
Last edited by Awesomeland012345 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☆ All hail the Holy Awesomeness of Awesomeland012345! ☆ Cheddar

The founder and delegate of Cheddar Dispatches alllll haiillll the tunaaaa Become a dual citizen today! Join Cheddar! :) pls pls pls Take a poll! shh... secret easter eggs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay