NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 10:30 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo flashed a smile back, looking at Felix in his wetsuit...

This time Felix didn’t notice, continuing to smile, and he dipped under the water for a second, to get his hair out of his face.

He kept on looking, smiling as he did so.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 10:33 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Titanne wrote:This time Felix didn’t notice, continuing to smile, and he dipped under the water for a second, to get his hair out of his face.

He kept on looking, smiling as he did so.

Felix was still rather oblivious, until he noticed the silence between the two of them. He met Vohoffsky’s gaze, and then turned away shyly.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Former Delegate and President of Thaecia. Current Delegate of Annecy.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 10:35 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He kept on looking, smiling as he did so.

Felix was still rather oblivious, until he noticed the silence between the two of them. He met Vohoffsky’s gaze, and then turned away shyly.

"Don't be nervous. You want to keep swimming?"
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 10:40 am

Titanne wrote:Felix was still rather oblivious, until he noticed the silence between the two of them. He met Vohoffsky’s gaze, and then turned away shyly.

"Don't be nervous. You want to keep swimming?"

About a million thoughts were running through his head, accompanied by a million different voices, all giving him advice.

He stared at Vohoffsky blankly, having forgotten the question.
Ridin' with Biden

Not yet radicalized by the internet, he/his, Flamboyant Homosexual, among other things.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat May 30, 2020 10:46 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"I would like to know if you had any ideas regarding energy policy?"

Senator Colbert: “We need to protect our fossil fuel jobs and stand against the insane Green New Deal. What is your plan?”

"I believe strongly in the need for energy independence. Like I said earlier we need to up our refining capacity and lower regulations in general. I do believe in the importance of states rights on this issue, if South Carolina doesn't want offshore drilling then we aren't going to force the measure. I believe strongly in the importance of fracking and am very bullish on natural gas... I don't believe on the Government picking winners and losers but natural gas will likely see the most expansion under my administration."

"We also need to realize that fossil fuels are finite and get some programs in place to help people transition jobs when an area runs out or an industry such as coal is less profitable. I will protect coal certainly and do my best to preserve jobs but frankly the most I can do is slow down the decline. Heck you've seen it in Utah, ten years ago Utah switched from relying on coal to natural gas. Utah especially has some of the largest theoretical solar resources, a bunch of potential wind, hydropower, and even geothermal potential. We should be spending money on researching how to make these new energy sources practical, diversity of energy sources is a strength. I'm not Paulson being a climate warrior looking to de facto end coal."

I am also bullish on nuclear energy and want to fix the outdated permitting and regulatory red tape, so we can actually have 21st century nuclear that is safe, clean and cheap for Americans. My number one priority is to make sure gas and energy is as affordable to Americans as possible, my second priority is to protect American jobs and my third is energy independence. Real independence both to protect ourselves and to undermine Russia, Iran and a dozen other energy rich bad actors."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 11:04 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Don't be nervous. You want to keep swimming?"

About a million thoughts were running through his head, accompanied by a million different voices, all giving him advice.

Theo simply stood there, waiting for a response...
Please Watch

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sat May 30, 2020 11:04 am

The Orion Islands wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:
Eliza, receiving knowledge that Senator Colbert was calling her office phone, decided to pick up, "Senator, what do I owe the pleasure?"

Senator Colbert wasted no time in getting to the point. “What does your husband mean by Fourth of July fireworks?”

"I wouldn't know Senator, and even if I did I'm not sure I would be a liberty to tell anyone."

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 11:08 am

Titanne wrote:About a million thoughts were running through his head, accompanied by a million different voices, all giving him advice.

Theo simply stood there, waiting for a response...

He shook his head, dispelling the noise in his head.

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" he said apologetically, with a small smile.
Ridin' with Biden

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat May 30, 2020 11:13 am

Titanne wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Theo simply stood there, waiting for a response...

He shook his head, dispelling the noise in his head.

"You looked like you wanted to say something, but...I said, should we go for another round?"
Please Watch

Titanne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Titanne » Sat May 30, 2020 11:14 am

Titanne wrote:He shook his head, dispelling the noise in his head.

"You looked like you wanted to say something, but...I said, should we go for another round?"

"Oh... yeah!"

He laughed softly.
Ridin' with Biden

Islandia-Durrnil
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Islandia-Durrnil » Sat May 30, 2020 11:29 am

Last edited by Islandia-Durrnil on Sat May 30, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat May 30, 2020 11:31 am

The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse