NATION

PASSWORD

Effect of your Nation Ceasing to Exist?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Effect of your Nation Ceasing to Exist?

Postby Jim the Baptist » Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 am

I'm sorry if another thread covers this but I honestly can't find much information about what happens when your nation ceases to exist.
I want to know what happens after it ceases to exist but you reactivate it, does your nation still look the same or what changes? I'm talking about endorsements, stats etc. What about residency or influence? And how long do you have to re-activate the account after it ceases to exist before it vanishes into oblivion? Is there a deadline? Thank you

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 am

Unless you made a significant impact on NationStates, you can recover your nation for a 5 year span until that nation is unretrievable.

When you recover a nation, it will look the same but with a significant time gap.

Also Drew is going to CTE today
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 am

Don't quote me on this, but I think you also get an issue related to your refounding. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Earthbound Immortal Squad
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Earthbound Immortal Squad » Thu May 28, 2020 10:02 am

Jim the Baptist wrote:I'm sorry if another thread covers this but I honestly can't find much information about what happens when your nation ceases to exist.
I want to know what happens after it ceases to exist but you reactivate it, does your nation still look the same or what changes? I'm talking about endorsements, stats etc. What about residency or influence? And how long do you have to re-activate the account after it ceases to exist before it vanishes into oblivion? Is there a deadline? Thank you

I believe your flag is reset but the rest of your stats stay the same. Your nation has enough people that the name can't be re-used. As for influence and endorsements, endorsements will go to 0 and your influence will decrease at a very rapid rate. I believe trading cards are maintained for a little while but not indefinitely. On the plus side if you CTE'd and come back you are applicable to getting an Easter egg issue about zombies. Can't remember it's name though.
Last edited by Earthbound Immortal Squad on Thu May 28, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merry Christmas!

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am

Yeah that's why I am doing it because I want that easter egg issue (223).
In terms of your rapidly reducing influence, if you revive the account basically immediately after it CTE's and get a lot of endorsements back ASAP do you think it would not really go down too much? I know no one knows the numbers but just want to get an idea.
Anyone also know about what happens with your region and therefore also residency?
Last edited by Jim the Baptist on Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am

Dytarma wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I think you also get an issue related to your refounding. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Yes, this is an easter egg issue. There is no other known way to obtain that issue.

Jim the Baptist wrote:I'm sorry if another thread covers this but I honestly can't find much information about what happens when your nation ceases to exist.

Hi. You will lose all your endorsements and residency stats. I’m not exactly sure about influence, but that seems to be the case. You can reactivate it immediately too.

Do you plan on leaving Europe?

Edit: Just saw the response. I highly don’t suggest such a thing, unless you are willing to lose the trust you regained in the region after the string of TGs you sent. I still do remain rather distrustful of you.

(For those asking, it’s a sort of internal issue)
Last edited by Pilipinas and Malaya on Thu May 28, 2020 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Dominant Oppressors
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 01, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Dominant Oppressors » Thu May 28, 2020 10:04 am

your flag is reset as he said but you are also refounded in either Lazarus or Osiris I think, you lose your region as well anyway
My IC Character likes to collect titles, especially from foreign nations, if you would like to grant me one, you may do so here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=482842&Start=1
Titles will be granted in return and your involvement is greatly appreciated,
Thanks and may God bless you!

Only some NS Stats are canon for my nation, so better to assume they aren't rather than they are, thanks! :)

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Thu May 28, 2020 10:09 am

Dominant Oppressors wrote:your flag is reset as he said but you are also refounded in either Lazarus or Osiris I think, you lose your region as well anyway

I think the list includes Balder and another region.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Thu May 28, 2020 10:12 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Dominant Oppressors wrote:your flag is reset as he said but you are also refounded in either Lazarus or Osiris I think, you lose your region as well anyway

I think the list includes Balder and another region.

Refounded nations do not respawn in The Rejected Realms.
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Thu May 28, 2020 10:19 am

Any definitive answer on trading cards?

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu May 28, 2020 10:26 am

From the FAQ:
What happens to its card if a nation ceases to exist?

Nothing. The cards don't go anywhere.

What happens if my nation ceases to exist?

If your nation ceases to exist and you don't restore it, then eventually your bank and any cards you have collected will be deleted.

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 am

Luna Amore wrote:From the FAQ:
What happens to its card if a nation ceases to exist?

Nothing. The cards don't go anywhere.

What happens if my nation ceases to exist?

If your nation ceases to exist and you don't restore it, then eventually your bank and any cards you have collected will be deleted.

But what does that phrase mean: "If your nation ceases to exist and you don't restore it, then eventually your bank and any cards you have collected will be deleted."? So eventually they do get deleted? Any ideas how long that takes?

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 pm

Jim the Baptist wrote:
Luna Amore wrote:From the FAQ:

But what does that phrase mean: "If your nation ceases to exist and you don't restore it, then eventually your bank and any cards you have collected will be deleted."? So eventually they do get deleted? Any ideas how long that takes?

There's an ongoing experiment (IIRC) dedicated to finding out... someone created a bunch of puppets, opened some packs and let them all CTE, then they're in the process of reviving one per month until the cards don't return. Until that gets concrete results, we do know it's more than a few days, which should be all you need for the easter egg.

It might also be worth amending the FAQ, @admin, to state that the cards do in fact change - they get roughly 10x rarer.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Thu May 28, 2020 9:04 pm

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Jim the Baptist wrote:But what does that phrase mean: "If your nation ceases to exist and you don't restore it, then eventually your bank and any cards you have collected will be deleted."? So eventually they do get deleted? Any ideas how long that takes?

There's an ongoing experiment (IIRC) dedicated to finding out... someone created a bunch of puppets, opened some packs and let them all CTE, then they're in the process of reviving one per month until the cards don't return. Until that gets concrete results, we do know it's more than a few days, which should be all you need for the easter egg.

It might also be worth amending the FAQ, @admin, to state that the cards do in fact change - they get roughly 10x rarer.

Interesting. So basically as long as I re-activate it really really quickly within a day or less of it CTEing it should be fine right?
And can I just clarify what you mean about the cards getting rarer? You mean the market value of all your cards goes up by roughly 10x? So if your deck is worth 500 it will be roughly 5000?

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Thu May 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Jim the Baptist wrote:
SherpDaWerp wrote:There's an ongoing experiment (IIRC) dedicated to finding out... someone created a bunch of puppets, opened some packs and let them all CTE, then they're in the process of reviving one per month until the cards don't return. Until that gets concrete results, we do know it's more than a few days, which should be all you need for the easter egg.

Interesting. So basically as long as I re-activate it really really quickly within a day or less of it CTEing it should be fine right?
And can I just clarify what you mean about the cards getting rarer? You mean the market value of all your cards goes up by roughly 10x? So if your deck is worth 500 it will be roughly 5000?

No, nothing like that happens to your deck. I'm talking about the card of the person that CTEs. The chance of finding the card of a CTE nation is 10x smaller than it would be if the nation was not CTE.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Fri May 29, 2020 1:55 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Jim the Baptist wrote:Interesting. So basically as long as I re-activate it really really quickly within a day or less of it CTEing it should be fine right?

No, nothing like that happens to your deck. I'm talking about the card of the person that CTEs. The chance of finding the card of a CTE nation is 10x smaller than it would be if the nation was not CTE.

Really? I thought it was 0 chance
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Fri May 29, 2020 2:16 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
SherpDaWerp wrote:No, nothing like that happens to your deck. I'm talking about the card of the person that CTEs. The chance of finding the card of a CTE nation is 10x smaller than it would be if the nation was not CTE.

Really? I thought it was 0 chance

Not quite - it used to be, but that got changed earlier in this season.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=479282

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical