NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 5:12 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Trump worships Mammon.

Trump worships himself. He tweeted about himself being the Second Coming of God to the Jewish people.... who absolutely do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/08 ... -of-israel
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-twee ... in-israel/

It's no wonder some are beginning to think of him as the Anti-Christ.

Trump is like stupid, old, fat Randall Flagg...so, not Randall Flagg at all actually.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Fri May 22, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri May 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Idzequitch wrote:States' Rights only matter when a Democrat is overstepping the bounds of Federal government. When Republicans do it, it's called maga or something.

If state's rights don't matter then let's get rid of sanctuary states, which is essentially where a state can impose an immigration policy on the rest of the country.

States don't have rights, people have rights and polities have certain powers.
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Trump's church is Pastor Norman Vincent Peale & The Power of Positive Thinking.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Fri May 22, 2020 5:32 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:...

Those undocumented immigrants can be arrested when they set foot in another city? They cannot actually live anywhere else than the sanctuary city.

And even in those cities if the federal government discovers them, they are not protected by the city/state.

All a sanctuary city is, to my understanding, is a city essentially going "we can't physically stop you from rounding up migrants, but you'll have to do it yourself and we won't help"

I thought we were big on devolution and decentralization? Or is it bad now that the spooky liberals figured out how to play too?
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 5:34 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:https://apnews.com/1bc3065eb2e4414289ef0ac1ac4ebaf7

Basically Trump's "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black" moment.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri May 22, 2020 5:40 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:https://apnews.com/1bc3065eb2e4414289ef0ac1ac4ebaf7

Basically Trump's "if you don't vote for me, you ain't black" moment.

Pretty much.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri May 22, 2020 5:42 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
I am ok with that.

Honestly, you don't seem keen on individual rights to begin with.

Not the way you define them.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm

La xinga wrote:https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499184-trump-demands-governors-allow-churches-to-open

So it seems our awesome/horrible president says that churches and other religious stuff must open, and if the govs say no, he'l override them.

What does NSG think about Donald Trump's statement?

Merged into the MAGAThread.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri May 22, 2020 6:08 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
La xinga wrote:https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/499184-trump-demands-governors-allow-churches-to-open

So it seems our awesome/horrible president says that churches and other religious stuff must open, and if the govs say no, he'l override them.

What does NSG think about Donald Trump's statement?

Merged into the MAGAThread.

I'm all for places of religious stuff. Everyone has the right to practice whatever religion they want.

But not now when we have a pandemic going on. This is Trump pandering votes while people die.

Brunswick-upon-Raritan
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunswick-upon-Raritan » Fri May 22, 2020 6:10 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:I dont think the president has the authority to "open" up the churches. That said, the states dont have the authority to shut them down either.

States do have the authority to shut down churches and other establishments in order to impose quarantines for public health. This was decided by the Supreme Court in the 1900s, as a power neither delegated to the U.S. government nor prohibited from the States, thus it’s a power reserved for the sovereign states, or the people. Quarantine laws are an exercise of states’ sovereign police powers, and the federal government is limited in its ability to interfere with them, because states do not “surrender” their territory to the “general government”.

https://www.americanbar.org/news/abanew ... -approach/
https://www.jstor.org/stable/pdf/1271946.pdf
“Brave as the battle roll of drum,
Strong as the surf when tempests come,
Throbbed all of Jersey’s hearts of oak,
When war upon the Jerseys broke.”

CyberNations class of 2007
Former Nation | Never Forget | Support Our Troops
...got milk? ;) Drink Pepsi, Defeat Communism

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:
Katganistan wrote:
They are?
Seems like they should be paying taxes then....

Not all types of corporations are required to pay taxes.

If anyone within that corporation are personally acquiring profit from the activities of the corporation they should have to be taxes on what they receive because working individuals and businesses have to pay taxes on what they acquire/receive from their wage/salary/business. Is there something I'm missing? Why are they exempt?

Also in regards to preachers.. What a sense of entitlement they have to think that they not only deserve to be supported (or made extremely wealthy even especially in regards to these American fatcat protestant mega church pastors) by tax paying working people in the pews but think they don't even have to pay taxes on it themselves? Granted I am prejudiced against these kinds.. but c'mon. What are the people thinking that give these people money? Are they looking at it like a party where there's a jar for tips to help the person providing the food/booze? Actually that kind of makes sense.. but only if they are providing you and your community something of direct value like social gatherings with food, entertainment, music and help with emergencies and bills when needed etc. Maybe I just talked myself out of this argument.. BUT it's that pastor Ive got a problem with, not necessarily the church. The preacher should NOT get paid. You work like the rest of us and can get up on your podium on your off time. See this is where small communities are beneficial. That preacher would be be working right along side you everyday, living right down the road from you in the same kind of house.. not far off in a walled off mansion and flying around in jets, hobnobbing. ugh.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Fri May 22, 2020 7:01 pm

So this was why American soft power was pissed away in four years? This? Fucking this?

The Trump administration has discussed whether to conduct the first U.S. nuclear test explosion since 1992 in a move that would have far-reaching consequences for relations with other nuclear powers and reverse a decades-long moratorium on such actions, said a senior administration official and two former officials familiar with the deliberations.

The matter came up at a meeting of senior officials representing the top national security agencies last Friday, following accusations from administration officials that Russia and China are conducting low-yield nuclear tests — an assertion that has not been substantiated by publicly available evidence and that both countries have denied.

A senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the sensitive nuclear discussions, said that demonstrating to Moscow and Beijing that the United States could “rapid test” could prove useful from a negotiating standpoint as Washington seeks a trilateral deal to regulate the arsenals of the biggest nuclear powers.

The meeting did not conclude with any agreement to conduct a test, but a senior administration official said the proposal is “very much an ongoing conversation.” Another person familiar with the meeting, however, said a decision was ultimately made to take other measures in response to threats posed by Russia and China and avoid a resumption of testing.

The National Security Council declined to comment.

During the meeting, serious disagreements emerged over the idea, in particular from the National Nuclear Security Administration, according to two people familiar with the discussions. The NNSA, an agency that ensures the safety of the nation’s stockpile of nuclear weapons, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

hahahahahahahahahahaha whateventhefuckingfuck
Last edited by Diahon on Fri May 22, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri May 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Diahon wrote:So this was why American soft power was pissed away in four years? This? Fucking this?

The Trump administration has discussed whether to conduct the first U.S. nuclear test explosion since 1992 in a move that would have far-reaching consequences for relations with other nuclear powers and reverse a decades-long moratorium on such actions, said a senior administration official and two former officials familiar with the deliberations.

The matter came up at a meeting of senior officials representing the top national security agencies last Friday, following accusations from administration officials that Russia and China are conducting low-yield nuclear tests — an assertion that has not been substantiated by publicly available evidence and that both countries have denied.

A senior administration official, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe the sensitive nuclear discussions, said that demonstrating to Moscow and Beijing that the United States could “rapid test” could prove useful from a negotiating standpoint as Washington seeks a trilateral deal to regulate the arsenals of the biggest nuclear powers.

The meeting did not conclude with any agreement to conduct a test, but a senior administration official said the proposal is “very much an ongoing conversation.” Another person familiar with the meeting, however, said a decision was ultimately made to take other measures in response to threats posed by Russia and China and avoid a resumption of testing.

During the meeting, serious disagreements emerged over the idea, in particular from the National Nuclear Security Administration, according to two people familiar with the discussions. The NNSA, an agency that ensures the safety of the nation’s stockpile of nuclear weapons, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

I love living in the cold war.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Fri May 22, 2020 7:11 pm

Diahon wrote:So this was why American soft power was pissed away in four years? This? Fucking this?

That moron is going to get us all killed at this rate.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Fri May 22, 2020 7:14 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

We may die but atleast we owned the sjws and the msn media

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri May 22, 2020 7:27 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:

We may die but atleast we owned the sjws and the msn media

Tom Lehrer wrote:When you attend a funeral
It is sad to think that sooner or
Later those you love will do the same for you
And you may have thought it tragic
(Not to mention other adjec-
-tives) to think of all the weeping they will do
But don't you worry

No more ashes, no more sackcloth
And an arm band made of black cloth
Will some day nevermore adorn a sleeve
For if the bomb that drops on you
Gets your friends and neighbors too
There'll be nobody left behind to grieve

And we will all go together when we go
What a comforting fact that is to know
Universal bereavement -
An inspiring achievement!
Yes, we all will go together when we go

We will all go together when we go
All suffused with an incandescent glow
No one will have the endurance
To collect on his insurance
Lloyd's of London will be loaded when they go

Oh we will all fry together when we fry
We'll be French-fried potatoes by-and-by
There will be no more misery
When the world is our rotisserie
Yes, we all will fry together when we fry

Down by the old maelstrom
There'll be a storm before the calm

And we will all bake together when we bake
There'll be nobody present at the wake
With complete participation
In that grand incineration
Nearly three billion hunks of well-done steak

Oh we will all char together when we char
And let there be no moaning of the bar
Just sing out a Te Deum
When you see that ICBM
And the party will be come-as-you-are

Oh, we will all burn together when we burn
There'll be no need to stand and wait your turn
When it's time for the fallout
And Saint Peter calls us all out
We'll just drop our agendas and adjourn

You will all go directly to your respective Valhallas
Go directly, do not pass 'GO', do not collect two hundred dollars

And we will all go together when we go
Every Hottentot and every Eskimo
When the air becomes uraneous
We will all go simultaneous
Yes, we all will go together
When we all go together
Yes we all will go together when we go
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm

I wouldn be surprised if there will be a war with the PRC this or next year. The resurgence of nuclear test is a bad sign. However the reasons are Covid-19 related. It has killed ten thousend of americans and it may soon cross the 100k barrier of deaths if not more. The economic crisis will also show its full extend soon.

Now theres two possible kind of reactions to this crisis, psychologically speaking.

One would be to figure out it's own mistakes and short commings and see why it went that way, and fix it. This is hard. The other is to find a scapegoat and put the blame on them, which also avoids asking questions to one own state and what may have gone wrong in the own house. This is easy.

I sense theres an increasing tendency to blame the PRC for the Covid-19 pandemic because it is more convinient than clear out the own house. (It might not even be entirely unjustified...)

But it is in any case easier than to question the system in the US that led to the crisis as it is now. like why people dont have enough money for food, why no access to healthcare. etc. For a lot of those people those problems don't exist. They cannot exist. They shouldn exist. Because America is the ultimative, and most advanced nation in the world. It cannot be what shouldn be.

Theres a lot of people who would rather perish (or start a war...) than admitting their such failure and shortcommings. I don't have to tell you to which category Donald Trump belongs most of the time.

I believe a war with the PRC is a possibility for this reason.
Last edited by Nakena on Fri May 22, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Zurkerx
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 20, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Zurkerx » Fri May 22, 2020 8:43 pm

Nakena wrote:I wouldn be surprised if there will be a war with the PRC this or next year. The resurgence of nuclear test is a bad sign. However the reasons are Covid-19 related. It has killed ten thousend of americans and it may soon cross the 100k barrier of deaths if not more. The economic crisis will also show its full extend soon.

Now theres two possible kind of reactions to this crisis, psychologically speaking.

One would be to figure out it's own mistakes and short commings and see why it went that way, and fix it. This is hard. The other is to find a scapegoat and put the blame on them, which also avoids asking questions to one own state and what may have gone wrong in the own house. This is easy.

I sense theres an increasing tendency to blame the PRC for the Covid-19 pandemic because it is more convinient than clear out the own house. (It might not even be entirely unjustified...)

But it is in any case easier than to question the system in the US that led to the crisis as it is now. like why people dont have enough money for food, why no access to healthcare. etc. For a lot of those people those problems don't exist. They cannot exist. They shouldn exist. Because America is the ultimative, and most advanced nation in the world. It cannot be what shouldn be.

Theres a lot of people who would rather perish (or start a war...) than admitting their such failure and shortcommings. I don't have to tell you to which category Donald Trump belongs most of the time.

I believe a war with the PRC is a possibility for this reason.

I do find it unlikely we would go to war with China despite circumstances in play. A war of that scale would cause WW3 and it would be catastrophic. Still, I find it improbable at best. As for the deaths from COVID-19, we'll surpass that mark sometime mid next week sometime. And as for the economic crisis at hand, this won't be a V-Shape recovery by any means, not what some politicians or pundits may want us to think. There has been damage and it'll take months if not years to fully recover, that's if we don't have another recession, which I think is likely within a few years after the COVID one.
A Golden Civic: The New Pragmatic Libertarian
My Words: Indeed, Indubitably & Malarkey
Retired Admin in NSGS and NS Parliament

Accountant, Author, History Buff, Political Junkie
“Has ambition so eclipsed principle?” ~ Mitt Romney
"Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value." ~ Albert Einstein
"Trust, but verify." ~ Ronald Reagan

Baja California Autonoma
Attaché

Founded: Feb 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California Autonoma » Fri May 22, 2020 9:42 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Trump worships Mammon.

Trump worships himself. He tweeted about himself being the Second Coming of God to the Jewish people.... who absolutely do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

How can anyone of faith vote for this man? This is abominable!

Vince Vaughn
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vince Vaughn » Fri May 22, 2020 9:43 pm

You're money baby
Work ethic. Work ethic.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri May 22, 2020 10:00 pm

Baja California Autonoma wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Trump worships himself. He tweeted about himself being the Second Coming of God to the Jewish people.... who absolutely do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Fri May 22, 2020 10:07 pm

Katganistan wrote:Trump worships himself. He tweeted about himself being the Second Coming of God to the Jewish people.... who absolutely do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

They accept bribes.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Fri May 22, 2020 10:43 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:

They accept bribes.

Every man has his price.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat May 23, 2020 12:20 am

Grimmsland wrote:
Bear Stearns wrote:
Not all types of corporations are required to pay taxes.

If anyone within that corporation are personally acquiring profit from the activities of the corporation they should have to be taxes on what they receive because working individuals and businesses have to pay taxes on what they acquire/receive from their wage/salary/business. Is there something I'm missing? Why are they exempt?

People who work at tax-exempt corporations still have to pay income taxes on the income they earn. The difference is that the corporation doesn't pay any tax itself. Why is this difficult for people?
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General