NATION

PASSWORD

Flag advice super thread

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Wed May 20, 2020 6:14 am

Thanks! Changed them already, these colours go a lot better together.
WCC President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Antibuda
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Antibuda » Wed May 20, 2020 9:27 am

Ravennog wrote:I can help. First of all, the yellow and white do not go well together. Maybe get rid of the white stars altogether, as they are different sizes and off-centered. Be sure to do something with the waves, too. I suggest you remove the waves and replace them with simplistic lines matching the sun.

I took your advice and also replaced the sun with something more modern. I think it looks great. Thanks.
Winner of 2 medals in the 2020 Oatland Olympics!
ns stats have been deported

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.
Antibuda wrote:Monkey 4114 decided to wear an Ice Age baby costume in February.

Liriena wrote:Make California three times bigger to intimidate its neighbours into submission.

On a potential Trump movie:
Kronica wrote:Annoying Orange: The Movie
Population isn't used.
I mean, how do you think we would cram 200 mil+ people
into an island the size of Puerto Rico?
didn't mean to get daily referendums
idk how we did
I feel like this half represents my views, but a lot of the time there's no option I like.
LeftValues: Centrist Marxist

Prosperon
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosperon » Wed May 20, 2020 5:10 pm

I've been wondering whether my flag was well designed. If it isn't then I would appreciate any criticism you may have of it.
For Peace And Prosperity!
Motto of the People's Republic of Prosperon

Join The Economic Alliance of Prosperity today! | Check out my iiWiki page (it's a work in progress) | Take a look at my Constitution

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Thu May 21, 2020 2:18 am

Looks good to me. I think the hammer and sickle are a fraction too large for the circle they are in. Just a 5-10% reduction in width should clear that up.

I would also suggest that you do not use the ripple effect - it does nothing on the black and makes the stripes look unbalanced.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
The Blaatschapen wrote:I'll still graze the forums with my presence
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Golairia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Golairia » Thu May 21, 2020 2:23 am

Rate my flag? I like it but I think the cross might be just a lil too thicc

Prosperon
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Prosperon » Thu May 21, 2020 5:05 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:Looks good to me. I think the hammer and sickle are a fraction too large for the circle they are in. Just a 5-10% reduction in width should clear that up.

I would also suggest that you do not use the ripple effect - it does nothing on the black and makes the stripes look unbalanced.

Good ideas, thanks!
For Peace And Prosperity!
Motto of the People's Republic of Prosperon

Join The Economic Alliance of Prosperity today! | Check out my iiWiki page (it's a work in progress) | Take a look at my Constitution

Golairia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Golairia » Thu May 21, 2020 8:45 pm

ok I changed my flag. could i get some feed back on it?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri May 22, 2020 3:47 am

Golairia wrote:ok I changed my flag. could i get some feed back on it?

The eagle looks unbalanced to me. I think it needs to move about 1/3 of the distance towards the left edge.

The diagonal would also work a fraction narrower, but is fine how it is.
Christian Democrats wrote:Would you mind explaining what's funny? I'm not seeing any humor.
Please do not TG me about graphics requests. That's what the threads are there for.

Antibuda
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Antibuda » Fri May 22, 2020 11:47 am

Golairia wrote:ok I changed my flag. could i get some feed back on it?

I think the diagonal line feels out of place, and doesn't look like it's part of the flag. Imo it looks like a protestor painted over it. You could put something in it, or change it somehow. The symbols are on point, although I agree with Almonaster Nuevo on the eagle, and the colors are great.
Winner of 2 medals in the 2020 Oatland Olympics!
ns stats have been deported

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.
Antibuda wrote:Monkey 4114 decided to wear an Ice Age baby costume in February.

Liriena wrote:Make California three times bigger to intimidate its neighbours into submission.

On a potential Trump movie:
Kronica wrote:Annoying Orange: The Movie
Population isn't used.
I mean, how do you think we would cram 200 mil+ people
into an island the size of Puerto Rico?
didn't mean to get daily referendums
idk how we did
I feel like this half represents my views, but a lot of the time there's no option I like.
LeftValues: Centrist Marxist

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Fri May 22, 2020 12:18 pm

If you do decide to change the stripe, one option would be for a set of white circles placed similarly to the shells in the Mann and Eyre flag.
Last edited by Almonaster Nuevo on Fri May 22, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The North American Realm
Political Columnist

Founded: May 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The North American Realm » Fri May 22, 2020 11:03 pm

Flag advice?

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sat May 23, 2020 2:33 am

Both the Eagle and the stars are proportionally too large. As a rough guide, the eagle should be about 1/3 the height of the flag.

I don't like the arrangement of the stars. A line following the diagonal stripe would work better.

Terran Commonwealth
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Terran Commonwealth » Sat May 23, 2020 2:37 pm

Hello,

I’d like to ask for some advice on a coat of arms concept I had in mind. For context, this nation is an interplanetary state created by a British-united Earth. I am thinking about replacing the English royal arms inside the Order of the Garter with the Earth, though I am unsure about which resource to use and what else I should change to make the arms more unique and keeping a British empire look while making it look kind of global. Here are the 3 Earth resources: one, two and three.

Thoughts?
| Terran CommonwealthFor the benefit of all mankind
The British Empire reforms into the Imperial Federation and founds a global community of nations. Essentially, an EU-like UN dominated by the British Empire.

1 Nov AD 2275
| The Herald | New Westminster, Mars, bids farewell to one of its greatest architects, Aurelia Perzan, who passed at 133 years yesterday.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Sat May 23, 2020 2:39 pm

Not too British

Terran Commonwealth
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Terran Commonwealth » Sat May 23, 2020 2:42 pm

Somerania wrote:Not too British

I aim to continue using the lion and unicorn supporters and the British crown in the complete arms, though I may change more to make it more futuristic or something.
| Terran CommonwealthFor the benefit of all mankind
The British Empire reforms into the Imperial Federation and founds a global community of nations. Essentially, an EU-like UN dominated by the British Empire.

1 Nov AD 2275
| The Herald | New Westminster, Mars, bids farewell to one of its greatest architects, Aurelia Perzan, who passed at 133 years yesterday.

Dominioan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dominioan » Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Alright, give me advice on this flag. I’m going to get hate for the Helios, but I like it, so is there anything else wrong with it?
Help i'm addicted to pain so I keep coming back to this site
Direct rule from Oklahoma City
Cool person

I've read 1984, so I can confirm this is in fact 1984

BOOMER SOONER
CHOP ON

The North American Realm
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby The North American Realm » Sun May 24, 2020 12:16 am

flag advice?

Imperial Majapahit
Envoy

Founded: May 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Majapahit » Sun May 24, 2020 1:39 am

The North American Realm wrote:flag advice?

I've seen someone else on another thread say this before, but I do agree with them, so I'm gonna repeat it here: if you switch the positions of the maple leaf and the eagle along with the red and blue, it'd accurately represent the geographical location of Canada and the US.

But other than that, that's a damn solid flag.

Dominioan wrote:Alright, give me advice on this flag. I’m going to get hate for the Helios, but I like it, so is there anything else wrong with it?

The ultimate one rule I try to follow with flags is that it should be drawable by your average schoolchildren. Your flag doesn't necessarily have to be too simplistic that it becomes too generic, but flags normally shouldn't contain any excessive symbolism; for example, that... golden humanoid figure you have on yours.
Last edited by Imperial Majapahit on Sun May 24, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
♔ KEMAHARAJAAN MAJAPAHIT ♔
A sovereign Hindu-Buddhist empire in Southeast Asia, having survived centuries of crises and feeble European attempts at colonialism.
Overview | News Agency | Emperor | Premier | Territories | Military | Foreign Relations | Political Parties | Embassies | Trivia
A 15,38 civilization, according to this index.
Self-proclaimed 5-star General, Admiral, and Marshal in the realm of Hearts of Iron IV.
"Mahajapit? Majahapit? Mapajahit? Mahapajit? Mapajahit? Ma...ja...pa...hit?"

Whitestrand
Civil Servant

Founded: May 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Whitestrand » Sat May 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Mind I get some thoughts on a coat of arms design I had in mind for this nation? I plan to use an irminsul as the primary piece, with a snake wrapped around the trunk and a sun situated in the irminsul’s crest. This nation has a lot of sun worshipping, pagan motifs and incorporates both age-old aesthetics with modernity. It’s a constitutional monarchy and has an English-derived culture. It isn’t wholly English, though, and people don’t like it when it’s confused as “little England.”

Note: the link for the arms containing the sun wasn’t work with [img] nor [url], so I had to place it below. My apologies.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bf/Coat_of_Ams_of_Vaira_Vīķe-Freiberga_%28Order_of_Isabella_the_Catholic%29.svg
☯︎⠀KINGDOMOFWHITESTRAND⠀☯︎
NATION ᛫ SOLIDARITY ᛫ WELFARE

MT to Early PMT 21st century Anglophone fiefdom ruled by yours truly. Notable for its soft eugenics, politically syncretic govt., non-human citizens and high culture.

| The Rooster | Whitestrand Embassy to Israel officially moved to Jerusalem, capital of Israel. // Unnamed Catholic priest arrested under investigation of paedophilia and endangerment of minors. // Former mosque converted into Solarian church, ordained by Father Aldrich, Bishop of Eorlington.

Storrelandet
Secretary

Founded: May 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Storrelandet » Sat May 30, 2020 6:45 pm

I was wondering which of these flags do you guys like the most?:

The flags:
https://imgur.com/a/aLEOx32
Last edited by Storrelandet on Sat May 30, 2020 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Kingdom of Storrelandet, represented by King Asbjorn of house Grundlægger and governed by Edvin Vigtig, Prime Minister of Storrelandet.

A Class 1.6 Civilization according to this index. Tier 8, type 5

Using NS stats for everything except GDP and population.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun May 31, 2020 12:28 am

No need to spoiler links, just big inline images.

They are all good, but I like 2,1, then 3

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Sun May 31, 2020 12:34 am

Whitestrand wrote:Note: the link for the arms containing the sun wasn’t work with [img] nor [url]

It should work as a URL. Worth reporting in Technical.

Whitestrand
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitestrand » Sun May 31, 2020 2:44 am

Almonaster Nuevo wrote:
Whitestrand wrote:Note: the link for the arms containing the sun wasn’t work with [img] nor [url]

It should work as a URL. Worth reporting in Technical.

I believe it has something to do with the parentheses and/or the percentage characters in the link that messes up the url.

MT to Early PMT 21st century Anglophone fiefdom ruled by yours truly. Notable for its soft eugenics, politically syncretic govt., non-human citizens and high culture.

| The Rooster | Whitestrand Embassy to Israel officially moved to Jerusalem, capital of Israel. // Unnamed Catholic priest arrested under investigation of paedophilia and endangerment of minors. // Former mosque converted into Solarian church, ordained by Father Aldrich, Bishop of Eorlington.

Whitestrand
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Whitestrand » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:58 am

Anyway, what do people think about the proposed design? Any recommendations to add? What would be wise to symbolise or represent with the arms in addition to what is already being represented?

For context, the irminsul represents the Germanic peoples and “the old ways”, the snake representing rebirth and long life, while the sun is either a religious symbol or symbolising a new era/dawn.

Almonaster Nuevo
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Almonaster Nuevo » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:08 am

Don't add anything, there is plenty there.

Only you can say if the symbolism is right, but it sounds good to me. Colour choices will make a difference. I would suggest a blue background, white Irminsul, yellow sun and red snake.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay