NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Mon May 18, 2020 7:40 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Albrenia wrote:
Ah yes, TDS. Much like 'Orange Man Bad' and 'But Hillary's Emails' it's just one of the memes created to avoid having to actually confront the problems of Trump's abysmal leadership.

Please, point out where our complaints are wrong and stop hiding behind non-arguments.

There's a fair bit of difference between 'Trump has done something wrong.' and 'Trump is conspiring with the nonsentient virus to kill us all.'

Obviously the virus isn't smart enough to be in on even a stable-genius-level conspiracy (you know, the kind where you brag about the crimes you're committing on TV and Twitter, and you only don't go to prison because your co-conspirators control the judge and jury). When someone pushes someone else off a cliff, you don't say that they were "conspiring" with gravity to kill them. Similarly, when someone steals medical supplies from someone else during a global pandemic, you don't say that they were "conspiring" with the virus to kill them.

The virus isn't a co-conspirator. It's simply the murder weapon.
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Was Donald self-referencing when he called Kim Jong-Un "Little Rocket Man"? *thinking*

oh, are you a gauth puppet?

The post, not the poster.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon May 18, 2020 8:09 pm

Neutraligon wrote:

Yes, this is so far off recommendations that it is beyond ridiculous. It should be ather well known that this disease is known to effect the blood vessels. That Healthy young adults are dying of blood related issues because of this disease. And what is one of the side effect of hydroxychloroquine....yeah such a great idea.

Do we know for sure he actually is taking it and not just claiming he is to make it look like it's the miracle drug he claims it is? I mean, all we have to go on is his word for it, and we all know how much his word is worth.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 18, 2020 8:10 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Yes, this is so far off recommendations that it is beyond ridiculous. It should be ather well known that this disease is known to effect the blood vessels. That Healthy young adults are dying of blood related issues because of this disease. And what is one of the side effect of hydroxychloroquine....yeah such a great idea.

Do we know for sure he actually is taking it and not just claiming he is to make it look like it's the miracle drug he claims it is? I mean, all we have to go on is his word for it, and we all know how much his word is worth.

I think the WH has confirmed it.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Yes, this is so far off recommendations that it is beyond ridiculous. It should be ather well known that this disease is known to effect the blood vessels. That Healthy young adults are dying of blood related issues because of this disease. And what is one of the side effect of hydroxychloroquine....yeah such a great idea.

not at all

but, like, what's harm in him taking more and more?

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon May 18, 2020 8:12 pm

Diahon wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

not at all

It's potentially harmful to him.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon May 18, 2020 8:16 pm

I know that much, you know.

Diahon wrote:

Oh, is he? And he's shitting on scientific trials just for kicks while he's at it? Is he now claiming he's better than the scientists too?

Very well.

Let's go to Wikipedia to find out... things!

Common side effects include vomiting, headache, changes in vision, and muscle weakness. Severe side effects may include allergic reactions, vision problems, and heart problems.

I see, I see. More!

The most common adverse effects are nausea, stomach cramps, and diarrhea. The most serious adverse effects affect the eye, with dose-related retinopathy as a concern even after hydroxychloroquine use is discontinued.

More! More!

For short-term treatment of acute malaria, adverse effects can include abdominal cramps, diarrhea, heart problems, reduced appetite, headache, nausea and vomiting.

MORE! MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ---

For prolonged treatment of lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, adverse effects include the acute symptoms, plus altered eye pigmentation, acne, anemia, bleaching of hair, blisters in mouth and eyes, blood disorders, convulsions, vision difficulties, diminished reflexes, emotional changes, excessive coloring of the skin, hearing loss, hives, itching, liver problems or liver failure, loss of hair, muscle paralysis, weakness or atrophy, nightmares, psoriasis, reading difficulties, tinnitus, skin inflammation and scaling, skin rash, vertigo, weight loss, and occasionally urinary incontinence.

YES! MORE! MORE! MORE!

One of the most serious side effects is retinopathy (generally with chronic use).People taking 400 mg of hydroxychloroquine or less per day generally have a negligible risk of macular toxicity, whereas the risk begins to go up when a person takes the medication over five years or has a cumulative dose of more than 1000 grams. The daily safe maximum dose for eye toxicity can be computed from a person's height and weight. Macular toxicity is related to the total cumulative dose rather than the daily dose.

The macular changes are potentially serious. Advanced retinopathy is characterized by reduction of visual acuity and a "bull's eye" macular lesion which is absent in early involvement.

MOR--oh? That's it?

Hmph. Well then, time to sit back and jump in joy as absolutely --

heart problems

-- nothing --

liver problems or liver failure

-- happens.

Myrensis
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2010

Postby Myrensis » Mon May 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Maineiacs wrote:

That was pretty much my thought. We know the man's ego is slightly more fragile.than cotton candy, and people said mean things about him when he first started blithering about a drug he knew nothing about working wonders for a virus it was never tested for, so I could very much see him claiming he's taking it and look! He hasn't dropped dead or caught coronavirus, that proves he was totally right all along and smarter than all those so called "Doctors"!

The Cult will eat it up without question

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon May 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Myrensis wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

That was pretty much my thought. We know the man's ego is slightly more fragile.than cotton candy, and people said mean things about him when he first started blithering about a drug he knew nothing about working wonders for a virus it was never tested for, so I could very much see him claiming he's taking it and look! He hasn't dropped dead or caught coronavirus, that proves he was totally right all along and smarter than all those so called "Doctors"!

We cannot know for sure if he's taking it unless 1) we see him take it daily on live TV/ internet or 2) he drops dead from the side effects, and as much as I dislike him, I will not wish death on him or anyone else.
add 6,928 to post count

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 8:54 pm

Myrensis wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

Imagine if he still got sick.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 18, 2020 8:55 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

We cannot know for sure if he's taking it unless 1) we see him take it daily on live TV/ internet or 2) he drops dead from the side effects, and as much as I dislike him, I will not wish death on him or anyone else.

Please don't let him die. The militias are everywhere in my state now and if he dies, they'll probably blame Obama for it somehow and begin the mass killing.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Mon May 18, 2020 9:42 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Twittershits about him being deliberately infected by a Deep State martyr.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 18, 2020 9:44 pm

I wonder if the company that produces the drug suddenly gained a new major shareholder recently.

The Grims
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grims » Mon May 18, 2020 9:52 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Myrensis wrote:

Side effects include heart failure. At his age not unlikely.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Mon May 18, 2020 9:55 pm

The Grims wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Don't forget Donald's diet of twenty Big Mactm's a day and burnt leather pieces jokingly referred to as "steaks".
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon May 18, 2020 10:53 pm

The Grims wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

the adderall cannot be helping either lol
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 18, 2020 11:49 pm

Born rich.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he would prefer for government employees to wash Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's dishes if his wife or son was not there to do so.

While the dish-washing assertion was not among those reportedly investigated by the State Department inspector general fired by Trump last week at Pompeo's recommendation, the secretary of state faced dual investigations by the department watchdog into whether he had staffers perform personal chores and whether he looked to circumvent Congress in accelerating an arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

"Look, he's a high quality person, Mike. He's a very high quality, he's a very brilliant guy," Trump told reporters at the White House after he was asked whether he was concerned that Pompeo might have requested the watchdog's ouster to halt the investigations.

"One of us."
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:48 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:Born rich.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he would prefer for government employees to wash Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's dishes if his wife or son was not there to do so.

While the dish-washing assertion was not among those reportedly investigated by the State Department inspector general fired by Trump last week at Pompeo's recommendation, the secretary of state faced dual investigations by the department watchdog into whether he had staffers perform personal chores and whether he looked to circumvent Congress in accelerating an arms deal with Saudi Arabia.

"Look, he's a high quality person, Mike. He's a very high quality, he's a very brilliant guy," Trump told reporters at the White House after he was asked whether he was concerned that Pompeo might have requested the watchdog's ouster to halt the investigations.

"One of us."

$210 thou. Sorry Mike but it's the law. How about I throw in a maid and a golf tutor?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 19, 2020 2:47 am

I've been letting the news run on loop, so I've seen AG Barr say "As long as I'm attorney general I will not let this office be used for political ends" a half dozen times, including that slight twinge of self awareness as he said that looking up briefly.

In reference for his refusal to play along with "Obamagate".
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:I've been letting the news run on loop, so I've seen AG Barr say "As long as I'm attorney general I will not let this office be used for political ends" a half dozen times, including that slight twinge of self awareness as he said that looking up briefly.

Good on him for that, I guess.

I kind of wish we weren't at the point when refusing to take part in a distraction and smear campaign for the President was something noteworthy though.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue May 19, 2020 2:50 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:I've been letting the news run on loop, so I've seen AG Barr say "As long as I'm attorney general I will not let this office be used for political ends" a half dozen times, including that slight twinge of self awareness as he said that looking up briefly.

He also said the Justice Department wasn't going to announce an investigation of Joe Biden, following in Ukraine's footsteps.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 19, 2020 3:13 am

Gormwood wrote:

He also said the Justice Department wasn't going to announce an investigation of Joe Biden, following in Ukraine's footsteps.

So...who is going to be the next attorney general?

In other 'get the fuck out of here with that shit" news, Trump saying that he wants the states to decide about opening up, but if he disagrees he'll step in.

This fucking guy...

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue May 19, 2020 3:16 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Gormwood wrote:He also said the Justice Department wasn't going to announce an investigation of Joe Biden, following in Ukraine's footsteps.

So...who is going to be the next attorney general?

In other 'get the fuck out of here with that shit" news, Trump saying that he wants the states to decide about opening up, but if he disagrees he'll step in.

This fucking guy...

"It's your choice, but only if you chose the way I want you to."
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Loben The 2nd
Senator

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Loben The 2nd » Tue May 19, 2020 3:25 am

Maineiacs wrote:
Diahon wrote:
not at all

You have everything to gain and he has nothing to lose, why on earth would you want to stop him?
no quarter.
Satisfaction guaranteed.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue May 19, 2020 3:33 am

Loben The 2nd wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:

You have everything to gain and he has nothing to lose, why on earth would you want to stop him?

This is a rather disturbing insight into your thought process.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General