NATION

PASSWORD

The 51st WHF - Sinnlichšukai, Tödlichebujoku - IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 2:45 pm

"Our first Phase 2 voter is.. Petroslovania!! Hello?" She waits a few moments, then turns toward the audience. "Hmm, looks like they're having an issue. No worries, I can still announce that Petroslovania gives 5 points to:

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 2:50 pm

"Hello Antalanga? Oh dear. Anyway I can announce to you that Antalanga has given its 5 to.."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 2:56 pm

Anya Krebs: "And now it's the home vote! Wow, haven't seen you in a long time, Momoko, how's it been?"

Momoko laughs.

Momoko Krebs: "You know you missed me! The Tödlichebujoki 5 points go to..."

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat May 16, 2020 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:05 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Fatiman Federation! Oh powers at last, we have the video feed- hello there!"

Althea Desnilla: "Hello! My name is Althea and Today we're voting for WHF."

Anya Krebs: "That's wonderful, great to see you! Now let's see those 5 points:"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:10 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Waisnor! Ah excellent, great to see you!"

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat May 16, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:15 pm

"Hello Kalosia! Oh well, hmm. Let's get on with it, Kalosia's 5 points go to..."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:21 pm

"Good evening, Antenovaria... well then." She takes a deep breath. "Alright, Antenovaria's 5 points go to..."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:25 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Togonistan! Ah, Malinda, great to see you!"

Malinda: ''Good evening Sinnlichšukai! Hello everyone, how you're doing? I'm really happy to be here tonight and it is an even bigger pleasure for me to announce that our 5 points went to...''

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat May 16, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Natanya! Looking great tonight, Annija!"

Annija Lendberkyev: "Good evening everyone in Sinnlichšukai. Hope you've all had a great night. Well, there no reason for any of us to wait any longer, Natanya's five points are awarded to...."

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:40 pm

Anya Krebs: "Good evening Beepee! Looks like you're having a bit of fun there, Anita?"

Anita Margarita: "Good evening, Sinnlichšukai, this is Beepee calling. Thank you for a wonderful show. Here are the 5 points from the Beepeean jury."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat May 16, 2020 3:46 pm

"Now it's time to look at the half-time scoreboard for Phase 2, all the 5 points added to the Phase 1 totals. Malta Comino Gozo rises to the top, but not by much, with Beepee and a whole 5-way tie not far behind. It's a very interesting situation in the left half, while a number of WHF veterans sit on the right hand side."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 2:31 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Achaean Republic! Let's see those votes, Narinho!"

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 2:40 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Britonisea! Great to see you!"

Lukas Aalgaisy: "Hello guys! My name is Lukas and I will be presenting the votes for Britonisea. It's great to be back in Todlichebujoku in for..like..ever! Was I even born the last time Todlichebujoku hosted? Haha, anywho! Our five points go to............."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Izmedu! Good evening, Vedran!"

Vedran: "Dobra vecer Tödlichebujoku! Good evening Sinnlichšukai, this is Vodiznad calling. I have to say, it's been a hell of a show, and it's great that the World Hit Festival is here haha. Okay, let's get to the votes. My god, it's getting hot in here..."

Anya Krebs: "These spotlights do make it feel a bit like an Izmeduan summer right now, you don't want to see the sweat. Now, your votes please?"

Vedran: "Our five points go to..."

"NORMANDY AND PICARDY"

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Mercedini! Andersi, how's it going?"

Andersi: "Good Evening Tobu. This is Zoloroni calling. Thanks so much for the amazing show tonight and best of luck to all nations tonight. It's a big night here in Mercedini, as TeleDini the family of World Hit Festival broadcasters with their debut in the senior contest. We hope for many exciting editions in places far and wide across the multiverse. All that's left for me to do is reveal the point from the Mercedinian Jury tonight.

Our five points go to..."

"Our hosts, Todlichebujoku"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello, Estogium! Oh hello Tim Armstrong, back again!"

Tim Armstrong: "Hey everybody, my name is Tim Armstrong and I will be presenting the votes for Estogium. These times are very testing. The coronavirus has taken over and my nation, which currently has - I don't even know, like 70,000 cases or something is under lockdown and so the team at RVC has decided to take me to these fields at my old school; a nice open space to present the votes. You know, this is the first time that I am wearing this rugby jersey since I was eighteen years of age. I was quite the player back in the day - haha, in more ways than one. I loved going out there and rugby tackling each and every guy that came my way; I still do that to this day. It just makes me sad...nostalgia. Wow. I'm so happy that the World Hit Festival exists in this day and age because we really need it, we need to spread the love, grab our towels and come together...through livestream! So I'd like to announce that on my official OnlyFans account, I will be doing a camshow on next Sunday at 11pm Estogian time. You'll also get access to my stuff for the 22 hours leading up to the camshow and an hour after too for 50% off. My OnlyFans handle is ti-"

Anya Krebs: "Ahem."

Tim Armstrong: "Oh the votes, I am so sorry! I got a bit carried away there! My five points are going straight to my friends from....IZME-

Joking, I might have to ban Izmeduans from viewing my OnlyFans account; I heard that they treat Achaean's really badly in those Saline Plants and I do not agree with it. I am #TeamAcaya #AchaeaIsDeveloped and tings! With that being said, their song wasn't good enough to get our five points."

Anya Krebs: "Tim, dear.."

Tim Armstrong: "Right, anyway our 5 points are actually going to..."

Tim Armstrong: "Congratulations to ya, I hope you guys win! I love you all. I'll be back next edition providing top spokesperson quality content. Follow me on instagram and twitter, just search my name on google - I am famous enough for those handles to just pop up and also, please remember to spend some money and support my OnlyFans journey! Love you!!"

Anya Krebs: "Thank you for wrapping it up Tim, it's certainly time to move on!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:15 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Lagoa! Looking great, Lâna!"

Lâna Lobo: "Boa noite, Sinnlichšukai! It's Estegoa calling, and I'm pleased to announce that our 5 points go to..."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Teesdexxia, may I have your votes please Joseph?"

Joseph Alexandesso: "Evenin' all in Tödlichebujoku. It's been a fun night and we hope you've all enjoyed it as much as we have, but enough chin-wagging, the Teesdexxian 5 points go to the wonderful nation of...."

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:25 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Normandy and Picardy! Heinué, may I have the Normand votes please?"

Heinué: "Bojour Todlicb'joque, la boinne nuit! Hello, I am Heinué, live here in this... rather drab studio somewhere in Rouen, here to give you the top 5 points of the Normand and Picard vote. Les cinq points du jury de Normandie et Picardie sont attribués à..."

"Kalosie!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:35 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Vartugia! Please give us the votes."

The spokesperson speaks gibberish

Anya Krebs: "I'm sorry, I'm afraid I don't understand-"

The spokesperson then disappears

Anya Krebs: "Um…?"

The spokesperson has teleported behind the host and is seen holding a mixing table that it stole. It then teases the host before teleporting away. We will never see it again and we never know what Vartugia voted for... at least not directly from their spokesperson.

Anya Krebs: Well then... that happened. So I do have the 5 points from Vartugia here, they go to..."

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:40 pm

"Now, before our last jury, let's take a look at the scoreboard! Currently, Kalosia sits at the top with only 1 point ahead of second place Malta Comino Gozo. This makes it a 2-horse race. Will our final jury keep Kalosia on top? Give Malta Comino Gozo its first win? It's all on the final jury!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Anya Krebs: "Hello Malta Comino Gozo! Your votes please?"

Lewis Sarucino: "Hello Tod, this is Valletta calling! And Lewis Sarucino, two time performer for MCG at WV! Thank you for a wonderful show, It was amazing! It is with great pleasure that I can give you the points from Malta Comino Gozo:"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:54 pm

"A huge congratulations to Domeniku Kaľari of Kalosia with his song 'L'Eklisu'! An excellent performance, please come up to collect your trophy!" Anya gestures next to her, where Momoko is holding the winner's trophy. "And of course, the winner's reprise!"

Final results, all ties are broken

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 3:57 pm

WINNER'S REPRISE
"L'Eklisu" - Domeniku Kaľari

Title Translation: The eclipse
Language(s): Kalosian
Lyrics: Domeniku Kaľari
Music: Domeniku Kaľari
Tune: Fai rumore — Diodato

The arena was dark as the loud cheering died down slightly, save for a spotlight on him, but the dim lighting of the stage had a somewhat blue aura to it. The background screen actually had a bright reddish-orange circle, much like this. As a medium-shot camera started zooming in on him, he played the opening notes to the song.
Sta kelkuno oskuro
Ma në es la notë
Sëmbla komë lë mondu sta silenžosu
Ma es la ilušio, lë silenžo

There’s something dark
But it’s not the night
It seems like the world is silent
But silence is the illusion

The camera showed him up close and slowly circled around him on the piano as he continued to play and sing.
Se la vitë stesë brušandu
La foku sarebë pašio
E se le stelle stesë niu siñu
Noš giderebere a kazë

If life was burning
The fire would be passion
And if the stars were our sign
They would guide us home

Now the camera angle changed to a wide shot, and there was a black circle (not identifiable on the black background) that started to — you guessed it — 'eclipse' the sun.
Në briľa lasu
Keste mezoñe
N’atšeka mi pju

It doesn’t shine up there
These lies
No longer blind me

The background screen displayed an eclipse like this. It was almost like an eye that watched over Domeniku, reminding him of the limited time he has to potentially save this relationship or salvage whatever damage can be saved. The eclipse persisted on screen for the remainder of the song.
You could really hear the amount of emotion that Domeniku was conveying. Indeed, he seemed like he was truly singing from the bottom of his heart.
Vidël l’eklisu ki
U miu stanku koru flestuto
Es klaru, tu e ja saputo

See the eclipse here
In my tired, wilting heart
It’s clear, you and I know

Halfway through the next part, the camera switches to a close up angle and as he sings the last too lines ("it's too much, you and me"), he looks deeply into the camera.
Kë eklisamu ši
U kestë albë në sta lë sol
Komë un poémë senzë paroli
Es tropu
Ja e tu

That we eclipse each other
There’s no sun in this sunrise
Like a poem without words
It’s too much
Me and you

Now it switches to another camera angle that circles Domeniku and the piano completely. The song begins to build momentum, and the subtly, the lights begin to come to life, just enough to carry on that momentum.
Lë ventu noš kanta unë melodië
Lë tšelu es niu pitor
Ma ov’z es kela vož?
Ov’z es kela piturë?
Kestu kanžu es un kridu

The wind sings us a melody
The sky is our painter
But where is that voice?
Where is that picture?
This song is a cry for help

As the camera continues to circle the Domeniku, we get a glimpse of the audience in the arena, many of them with their phone lights out. In the darkness of the eclipse, it is this — the support of the people around you — that allows life to shine. It was as if Domeniku was singing amongst the stars that were meant to guide him on this depressing journey of love.
Kadë le nuve diventanu oskure
E le lakrime dëla pložë stanu kadendu
Semprë ja spetu pël’arkutšelu
Ma n’es arivatu maj, l’arkutšelu

When the clouds become dark
And tears of rain fall
I always await the rainbow
But the rainbow never came

But as Domeniku sings this next part, his eyes glisten, and his face reflects resolve. As he sings the next part, it's as if he realizes that it's not worth saving the relationship, and that he should let things fall apart.
Në briľa kaǧu
Kestë speranzë
Në gida mi pju

It doesn’t shine down here
This hope
No longer guides me

With his newfound determination, Domeniku gets up, abandoning the piano, and brings the mic with him, singing as he walks towards the front of the stage.
Vidël l’eklisu ki
U miu stanku koru flestuto
Es klaru, tu e ja saputo

See the eclipse here
In my tired, wilting heart
It’s clear, you and I know

He reaches a mic stand at the front of the stage where he attaches the mic. This frees his hands to perform gestures that really convey the emotion that he is trying to convey. That grief that he could not save the relationship, but the relief that it is now over and he is left with a blank slate.
Kë eklisamu ši
Es tropu
Ja e tu

That we eclipse each other
It’s too much
Me and you

The last word of the last part was prolonged, and Domeniku spread his arms, reflecting his newfound sense of freedom. The dark blue stage lights were not stagnant, and the flow here somewhat reflected the flurry of emotions and thoughts that ran through Domeniku's head at this current moment. The wind machine blew subtly over him, giving a little bit of life to his outfit.
In this next part, the stage lights turned orange, a sign that the eclipse was over but that the light that illuminated the skies was no longer the lies of the love, but the rays of righteousness.
Noj eklisamu ši

We eclipse each other

But then the lights become subdued, returning to its dark blues, reflecting that the song was coming to an end.
Oľal lo, kestë romanzë es mortu ǧa
Amurë nia a finitë tantu tempu fa

Forget it, this romance is dead already
Our love ended a long time ago

As Domeniku let out one last "Oh...", the crowd screamed as gold confetti streamed down around him. A grin spread across Domeniku's face, and he took a bow. Afterwards he leaned into the mic one more time, stuttering out "Gražia... gražia". Perhaps he was in disbelief and completely overwhelmed over the exceedingly warm reaction that the audience and the world had given him, knowing for certain that they were all foreigners without any bias towards Kalosia.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sun May 17, 2020 4:00 pm

Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun May 17, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates