NATION

PASSWORD

Bible Bots are now teaching childern about Jesus in Roblox

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri May 15, 2020 10:42 am

State of Turelisa wrote:I hope it encourages many children to accept God, to stop wasting so much time playing daft computer games and instead devote it to serve Him.

For God’s sake,
let us be men not monkeys
sitting with our tails curled
a bland grin on our faces
while the machine amuses us
D.H. LAWRENCE

My experience with any religious evangelists in video games have always resulted in a block, ban, or a bunch of people spamming the chat with atheist memes. So honestly they do nothing other than take up player space for games
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 12:27 pm

Dylar wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:I hope it encourages many children to accept God, to stop wasting so much time playing daft computer games and instead devote it to serve Him.

My experience with any religious evangelists in video games have always resulted in a block, ban, or a bunch of people spamming the chat with atheist memes. So honestly they do nothing other than take up player space for games

If I ever see an evangelist in a video game I'd actually just spam the chat with atheist memes despite being pretty religious. It'd be fucking hilarious.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Fri May 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Atheris wrote: If I ever see an evangelist in a video game I'd actually just spam the chat with atheist memes despite being pretty religious. It'd be fucking hilarious.

I'm sure bombarding them with 'smart' quotes would be the proverbial water off a duck's back to evangelists, sweetie. They're quite used to the puerile responses of the ignorant public.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 4:16 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:
Atheris wrote: If I ever see an evangelist in a video game I'd actually just spam the chat with atheist memes despite being pretty religious. It'd be fucking hilarious.

I'm sure bombarding them with 'smart' quotes would be the proverbial water off a duck's back to evangelists, sweetie. They're quite used to the puerile responses of the ignorant public.

It'd be really funny, though.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Fri May 15, 2020 4:17 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:

what an arrogant statement
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Fri May 15, 2020 4:20 pm

Atheris wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:

It'd be really funny, though.

That's a matter of taste.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 4:20 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:
Atheris wrote:It'd be really funny, though.

Well, yeah. But it'd be funny.
#FreeNSGRojava

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Fri May 15, 2020 4:28 pm

Change my mind: Those recruiters for incredibly zealous and active Roblox military groups out-chad Bible Bots. Bible Bots have nothing on how intimidating and dedicated those recruiters are.

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Fri May 15, 2020 4:35 pm

Atheris wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:

Well, yeah. But it'd be funny.

According to you. There are many who would find otherwise.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 4:38 pm

State of Turelisa wrote:
Atheris wrote:Well, yeah. But it'd be funny.

If the majority of the server's doing it, then the majority of the server finds it funny. Ergo, it's pretty funny.

Daves Computer wrote:Change my mind: Those recruiters for incredibly zealous and active Roblox military groups out-chad Bible Bots. Bible Bots have nothing on how intimidating and dedicated those recruiters are.

German Empire 1964?
#FreeNSGRojava

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Fri May 15, 2020 4:46 pm

Atheris wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:

If the majority of the server's doing it, then the majority of the server finds it funny. Ergo, it's pretty funny.

Daves Computer wrote:Change my mind: Those recruiters for incredibly zealous and active Roblox military groups out-chad Bible Bots. Bible Bots have nothing on how intimidating and dedicated those recruiters are.

German Empire 1964?

1. I concur. I find it funny.

2. Not sure about that group. Im referring moreover to the zealous military groups in general. Oftentimes the ones who coordinate as rigorous a training as a Roblox player can, host several training sessions a week, and institute strict discipline and protocols. It's freaking indoctrination lol.

Haiti2006
Civilian

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Haiti2006 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:47 pm

Christian fundies fuck off!

Stop perverting christianity in Jesus name!!

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Fri May 15, 2020 4:50 pm

Haiti2006 wrote:Christian fundies fuck off!

Stop perverting christianity in Jesus name!!

Your first forum post on NS. Congrats.

Dylar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dylar » Fri May 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Tfw the F.E.A.R recruiter actually thinks he's in a real military and he starts off his recruitment campaign with "When I was in the service"
St. Albert the Great wrote:"Natural science does not consist in ratifying what others have said, but in seeking the causes of phenomena."
Franko Tildon wrote:Fire washes the skin off the bone and the sin off the soul. It cleans away the dirt. And my momma didn't raise herself no dirty boy.

Pro: Life, Catholic, religious freedom, guns
Against: gun control, abortion, militant atheism
Interests: Video Games, Military History, Catholic theology, Sci-Fi, and Table-Top Miniatures games
Favorite music genres: Metal, Drinking songs, Polka, Military Marches, Hardbass, and Movie/Video Game soundtracks

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Dylar wrote:

Tfw the F.E.A.R recruiter actually thinks he's in a real military and he starts off his recruitment campaign with "When I was in the service"

topkek
#FreeNSGRojava

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Fri May 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
State of Turelisa wrote:

what an arrogant statement

Indeed. One gets used to if from the supposedly wise and learned preachy folks though.

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Fri May 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Atheris wrote:f the majority of the server's doing it, then the majority of the server finds it funny. Ergo, it's pretty funny.

I believe that's what's generally known as a fallacy.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Fri May 15, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Fri May 15, 2020 5:37 pm

Dylar wrote:

I need context! Give! This is one of the few times where I can say LOL and mean it!

Petravia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Petravia » Fri May 15, 2020 5:39 pm

I've gotta ask? Why does it matter. There are probably actual pedophiles on roblox and this... this is your concern. really?

Daves Computer
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Fri May 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Petravia wrote:I've gotta ask? Why does it matter. There are probably actual pedophiles on roblox and this... this is your concern. really?

Although it wouldn't be right to say religious indoctrination is one of the most pressing issues on Roblox considering far worse and more common things such as what you point out, I think Bible Bots is still a topic that merits discussion if people are interested in participating. I do not believe anyone is asserting Bible Bots as the worst thing to happen to Roblox.
Last edited by Daves Computer on Fri May 15, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 5:43 pm

Petravia wrote:I've gotta ask? Why does it matter. There are probably actual pedophiles on roblox and this... this is your concern. really?

Discord is also a haven for pedophiles. That doesn't stop us from focusing on users that actively try to advertise things other users don't agree with on the platform.
#FreeNSGRojava

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Fri May 15, 2020 5:52 pm

That is, until I start my Lord-Defending-Super-Jesus-Continental-Cult-Army and recruit all of Jailbreak to my cause.
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Atheris
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri May 15, 2020 5:53 pm

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:

That is, until I start my Lord-Defending-Super-Jesus-Continental-Cult-Army and recruit all of Jailbreak to my cause.

Count me in. I'll spread the word of the Lord and Savior using a prison shank.
#FreeNSGRojava

Petravia
Civil Servant

Founded: May 04, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Petravia » Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Atheris wrote:

Discord is also a haven for pedophiles. That doesn't stop us from focusing on users that actively try to advertise things other users don't agree with on the platform.

fair enough. maybe i'm biased. but i just find that it isn't really worth making an entire thread about. some people have beliefs and want to share them. you can ignore them. that's just my opinion. the content isn't illegal, and isn't really malicious.

Bakongland
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakongland » Fri May 15, 2020 5:55 pm

Atheris wrote:
La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:

Count me in. I'll spread the word of the Lord and Savior using a prison shank.

The Great Jailbreak Crusade of 2021

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General