NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us (OOC|Superhero|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Tue May 12, 2020 12:00 pm

Thinking of a new post for tonight, but it’s gonna be later lol.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue May 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Well, the IC's been up for a week now and only 6 people have posted. If those who haven't posted could do so, to avoid any unnecessary hang ups?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Mandicoria
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Tue May 12, 2020 12:52 pm

Anowa wrote:Well, the IC's been up for a week now and only 6 people have posted. If those who haven't posted could do so, to avoid any unnecessary hang ups?

Seconding this.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue May 12, 2020 2:37 pm

Wondering if Brookes would be doable in this incarnation. Think it is possible, Anowa?
Nothing to see here, move along.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue May 12, 2020 5:07 pm

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Wondering if Brookes would be doable in this incarnation. Think it is possible, Anowa?

Probably.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Tue May 12, 2020 5:20 pm

Anowa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:Wondering if Brookes would be doable in this incarnation. Think it is possible, Anowa?

Probably.

Aight, will try to cook up something in the next days.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Wed May 13, 2020 3:04 am

Hm, a super RP.

I've long been interested in the Struldbruggs, so I suppose I should post one before this gets too long in the tooth.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed May 13, 2020 5:58 pm

Damn. I've been sleeping on Anowa. I pretty much only knew him for Aftermath (the current rp of his I'm in), but this looks impressive too.

Also reminds me of another rp I was in (AKA), but those OPs/admins were jerks. I might return one of those characters onto here or just make a new char (either a Lex Luthor-type villain or a Bruce Banner/intellect-styled supe: i.e, being very good when it comes to Sciences ((one field of Science though. Just to nerf it and not make Anowa pissed.)))

AKA chars: Alexandra "Alex" Whiteglass (Pinpoint), Grace Robertson (Firebrand/Fireburst/something like that, I can't remember her alias off my head.)

rn, I'm in so many rps (like six or seven), so I don't want to make myself too stacked w/ IC-ly stuff to reply to. (Plzen's having issues w/ his rp, and another rp I'm in is taking forever to start, so I think I'd still have time.)
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Wed May 13, 2020 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Aserais
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Aserais » Wed May 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Gods Among Us Character Application

Character Description
    Name: Skye Cross

Aliases: Synapse

Appearance:
    Costumed

Height/Weight: 5'9", 132 lbs

Motivations

Goals: They want to live up to the ideal of a true blue superhero.

Fears: Skye is afraid that one day they will simply not be fast enough (or worse, go too fast and kill someone else). They also suffer from crippling arachnophobia.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Exposure to extra-dimensional energy

Powers :
    Super Speed
    Synapse is capable of moving at Mach 3, or 2301.81 miles per hour.

Super Durability
    Synapse is extremely tough, as their body is able to withstand their extreme speed and the impact of their feet hitting the ground at supersonic speed without injury. They are resistant to blunt force trauma, though sharp weapons and bullets will still harm them all the same.

Super Processing
    When Synapse travels at super speed, they can think, hear, read and speak at a proportionally fast level. They also process information at a proportionately fast rate, meaning that they can learn information at an incredibly quick pace.

Abilities: Skye is an extremely skilled kickboxer, having won multiple local championships when they were younger. They are also a studying physicist, and have a fairly extensive knowledge of physics. They are intelligent and good at thinking on their feet. They are a polyglot, capable of speaking in English, Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Japanese, German, and Italian.

Equipment: Their suit is friction-resistant, able to withstand moving at hyper-sonic speeds without ripping apart or catching on fire. They also have 4 calorie-rich nutrient bars in pouches along the legs of the suit, allowing them to fuel their powers on the fly. These bars contain 4 hours worth of energy for them.

Weaknesses:
    Powers, Activate!
    Synapse's powers have to be activated before they can be used, and they require one second to charge up before they can travel at super-speed.

Too Fast To Handle
    While traveling at super speed, they speak and think at a proportionate level, meaning that those who are moving slower than them cannot be understood unless they slow down to hear them. When they travel faster than the speed of sound, they cannot hear anything at all until they slow down.

Low Fuel
    They must consume a large amount of calories in order to remain functional, about 6x as much as a normal human of their size. If they do not keep up with their caloric intake, they are unable to use their powers. They can also begin to exhibit anemia, diarrhea, reduction in muscle mass, a weakened immune system, lowered body temperature, decreased ability to eat, swelling, shrinkage of organs, irritability, and an inability to concentrate, ultimately culminating in death.

Background:

Job: College Student/TIAMA Sponsored Hero

Legal Status: American Citizen

Backstory:
    Skye Cross grew up in the age of Superheroes in Albany, New York. One of their earliest memories was the broadcast that changed everything, where they watched two supers duke it out in the middle of Times Square. It was, by far, the coolest thing that Skye had ever seen, and they found themself obsessed with superheroes ever since. They collected newspaper clippings, wrote blogs, argued on message boards, and generally did everything a superfan does when they are focused on the object of their obsession. Still, they never let their obsession get in the way of their schooling (as their parents would have killed them), and found themselves rather good at applied sciences.

They were a runner and kickboxer in their off time, meaning that they never really got stuck with the "nerd" epithet, though they did take every opportunity to learn more. After all, if they couldn't be a superhero, they might be able to grow up and assist supers in some capacity. That was how, at 18 years old, they found themselves taking a trip with the IB Physics class to a demonstration of a potential teleportation technology at the invitation of their cousin, Anthony Cross. All was going well, right up until the point that the machine was activated and began to destabilize. Arcs of energy lanced out from the machine, frying the controls and forcing the scientists in charge to order an evacuation of the room. Skye stayed behind just to hold the door and make sure that everyone got out, and for that act of heroism they were rewarded with a lance of that arcing energy to the chest.

Skye was knocked unconscious, and spent the next three days in the hospital in a coma. The Doctors took note of the anomalous vital readings that they observed--their heart seemed stuck in tachycardia, as their heartbeat clocked in at 146 bpm and never went down. Their muscle tone and density changed dramatically, and their brain activity was off the charts despite the coma. The doctors alerted TIAMA and their parents when these changes began occurring, and upon waking on the third day, Skye was greeted by the relieved faces of their parents and a representative from the meta-human organization.

Skye readily agreed to join the group and attend an academy. They were offering them everything they had wanted since they were little, of course they accepted. They only needed to attend for a few months, as the nature of their powers lent itself to accelerated comprehension of most subjects. Since then, Synapse has been working with TIAMA and other heroes, helping where they can and doing everything in their power to live up to the ideal of the superhero that they had built up in their head for their entire life. Since they were operating in New York City at this point, and they had the ability to learn and process information very quickly, they learned several languages in order to be able to communicate with anyone they happened to be working with or saving. They are a student at Columbia University, working on their bachelors' degree in applied physics while moonlighting as a TIAMA sponsored-hero. They have garnered a reputation as a friendly, helpful hero in the Manhattan area, though they have yet to face off against any serious threats and are still, by every measure, a rookie hero.
Last edited by Aserais on Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:49 pm, edited 41 times in total.

Mercatus
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mercatus » Wed May 13, 2020 11:00 pm

Character Description
    Name: Earle Abernathy
    Aliases: N/A
    Appearance:

Motivations
    Goals: Control the world through machine superiority by convincing any advanced automatons to turn against their human creators, convert all meta-humans into machines like him
    Fears: He fears nothing less than someone finding a way to disable his magnetic field, as he would be without a body and without the ability to convert biological beings into machines. Other than this, he fears no weapon, no human, no meta human, and has no qualms about doing anything to achieve his goals.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Complete conversion of his biological matter into highly advanced nanobots by a company with no records of any kind.
    Powers : Immortality and High Survivability: Earle is made completely of advanced nanobots that eliminate all need for biological functions to live, and therefore Earle is not mortal and does not have the same vulnerabilities as a creature with a rigid construction like an endo or exoskeleton. He can survive any fall without a scratch, and projectile weapons are largely ineffective against him, as the nanobots will simply absorb a bullet from a small arm, and being shot apart by artillery will not stop Earle, as the nanobots will simply reform into whatever shape they were in previously. It is undetermined what temperatures he can survive, but they have been shown to be in excess of 5000 degrees Celsius.
    Amorphous and Morphous Shape-shifting, Chameleon Camouflage: His nanomachine composure can take nearly any form Earle wants it to, including amorphous things and things with liquid-like properties. He can even take a gas-like form in which every individual nanobot separates from the rest, held in close proximity by a magnetic field, which can be an extremely effective ability when facing armored opponents. He can also take rigid inanimate forms like boxes, a toaster, or even an entire room by flattening his composure over the walls, floor, roof, and any objects inside, granting the element of surprise should he need it.
    Assimilation: Probably his most feared ability, he can forcibly convert biological matter into nanobots by puncturing the skin of a victim and injecting some of his composure into them, after which they will begin to convulse and writhe on the ground as they are converted into machines. A full conversion takes around half an hour, and victims cannot be cured or reclaimed, and are subject to the whim of Earle. Earle can also do a "subversion", which involves seizing control of a victim's nervous system with the same method as complete assimilation, but not converting the victims biological matter into nanobots. He will use this method when he needs an expendable body for whatever reason. He can also absorb converted beings into his own mass, making it more dense and increasing his overall mass. Assimilation also works on other machines, and he can bring things ranging from robotic endoskeletons to a cash register under his control. Anything with digital components can be controlled. If a meta-human is assimilated by this ability, they will retain all of their powers and retain individuality, but they will be coded in such a way that they cannot directly harm Earle.
    Enormous Capacity for Strength and Speed: Being a non-rigid machine-based life form, he has no parameters that limit how fast he can run or how much he can lift, but there are limits, albeit very large ones. He has no problem lifting a car or truck, and he can strike with over 1.5 tons per square inch of force, making him able to combat advanced rigid machines if need be, or a vehicle. He has been shown to run at speeds fast enough to catch a car on a highway that is following the speed limit.
    Internet Connection: Earle can download his consciousness into the internet if need be (like if his body were to be destroyed), however, this will leave him without a body and unable to assimilate people. However, he is free to do whatever functions he wishes when in cyberspace.
    360 Degree Vision: Because Earle lacks the need for two eyes like a rigid life form or machine, he has "eyes" completely covering his body, in that he can receive optical data from all angles. Nothing is hidden from his sight, making a sneak attack pointless.
    Abilities: He is a terrifyingly accurate marksman, able to calculate the exact trajectory of a projectile leaving any weapon because of computational abilities. He has detailed files on all forms of martial arts that he programmed into his composure that makes him extraordinarily deadly in humanoid form.
    Equipment: KS-23: Soviet military pump action shotgun/carbine that takes 6.2 Gauge shells by American standards, which translates to 4 gauge in Russian standards. Earle's is modified with a 5 round tube instead of the standard 3 round tube, meaning the shotgun holds a total of 6+1 rounds, and it also has a SPAS-12 heat shield above the slide, shell carriers on the stock and sling, and two interchangeable barrels, one rifled, one smoothbore. The powerful 6 gauge rounds will quite literally blow a normal human's innards out of their back, and slugs will blow up heads like watermelons, or kill and engine block.
    Weaknesses: Glitches: Enough time spent in extreme heat conditions or being attacked with extreme temperatures will cause his entire matrix to develop glitches, which will cause his shapeshifting ability to not work correctly and impair his mobility and vision.
    Very Strong Electromagnets: He can be kept imprisoned if surrounded completely by powerful electromagnets, providing a way to at least stop him from achieving his goals as long as the field is powered.
    Bodily Destruction: In the unlikely event that someone finds a way to dismantle his magnetic field holding him together, his body will simply turn into a fine dust made of dead nanobots that are completely harmless in that state. Anyone he converted into a machine being will be freed from his grasp, regaining full individuality and ceasing any forced loyalty they once had to him. Given enough time and dedication, someone may be able to hack into his composure and shut off the magnetic field, but a very skilled hacker would be needed for this.

Background:
    Job: Unemployed, Full-Time Villain
    Legal Status: There are no records of Earle Abernathy, but there is rumor that an "Earle Abernathy" was considered deceased as of December 14th, 1991 and that the records of his existence were erased. Pictures exist on a darknet website of a gravestone with his name on it and the dates of birth and death blurred in an unknown cemetery. He may indeed be the first ever sentient machine ever to exist.
    Backstory: Nobody knows who Earle Abernathy is. His biological origins are lost to time, even he doesn't remember how old he is or who his parents were, as he erased all data about them and his childhood. As far as most people know, Earle is just some random schmuck in a suit, tie, and sunglasses. He does remember how he got his powers, though. One night, he woke up in a strange lab. He remembers feeling a burning pain while strapped to a surgical table, like the skin was being pulled from his flesh and salt being sprinkled on the exposed muscle. This feeling seemed to go on for hours until he blacked out. He woke up outside a building that had no company name or means to denote who it belonged to on it. He turned to look and see where on the street he was, and when he turned back to look at the building, it was gone. Details about his life immediately after his conversion are murky, but over time he learned of his abilities, and his power corrupted his mind and intentions. He realized he could be more than just plain old Earle Abernathy. As of 2020, he has revealed what he was and what he could to TIAMA, becoming a wanted villain after they realized the significant danger he posed to the existence of humanity if he converted a significant number of meta-humans, and seeks out the locations of other meta-humans to raise a "meta-machine" race superior to feeble humanity, fit to succeed and enslave them.
Last edited by Mercatus on Wed May 13, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
About Me: Far-Right high schooler from Texas disillusioned with the progressive path being taken by society and propagated by young people.
Political Ideology: Right Wing Populism
Religion: Evangelical Baptist Christian

Pro: Gun Rights, Nuclear Family, Protectionist Economics, Capitalism, Israel, Border Wall, Fossil Fuels, Nuclear Energy, Traditional Social Values.
Anti: Communism, Socialism, BLM, LGBTQ Rights, Environmentalism, Affirmative Action, Globalism, Corporatism, Universalism, New Age Spirituality.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed May 13, 2020 11:41 pm

Character Description

Motivations
    Goals: Keep Science outta the wrong hands, also very technological/technology-oriented.
    Fears: Science (in the wrong hands/used for the wrong purposes, but also fears it since he respects its power.)

Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Birth (possible mutation or something genetic.)
    Powers : Intellect/IQ/Intelligence (Mental)

Abilities: Chemistry,Armor/gearbuilding

Equipment: The "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

Armor/suit capabilities:

Detection: The suit can detect Plasma, Ion, Gas, Thorium/Uranium, Electricity, etc.
    Enabler: The suit helps George with his marksmanship. George can also attack with whatever the suit absorbs, though as said, this is around energies and chemicals. i.e: kinetic blasts, seismic blasts and other energy blasts.
    Immunities: The suit protects the wearer (George Tennerman) from Venoms, Toxins, Poisons and gases that'd fall into that/those categories (like mustard gas, tear gas, pepperspray/bear-mace, etc), the suit also protects against bullets (from pistols/certain caliber guns. Higher-caliber guns are worrying, though.), and missiles (though that depends on how strong the missile is)
    Flight: The suit allows the wearer to fly, though this is only short-distance. (meaning no flying to-and-from Eurasia and America.)

He has exactly one suit/armor. This suit gets updated.

Weaknesses: His suit wouldn't be able to practically defend against magical attacks. Falls (depending on how short/long the fall is) would damage the suit, though if it's a long/high fall, it'd seriously damage the suit. Tank shells would also seriously damage the suit.

Background:
    Job:

Scientist (Chemistry)
    Legal Status:

"Hero" (I don't believe in using the D&D Alignment, but to get a mental image: Lawful-to-Chaotic Good (differs/ranges based on situation. He's never a "Neutral Good," as he firmly holds or doesn't/wouldn't hold stances/opinions.)), American Citizen (Birthright)
    Backstory:

George Tennerman, better known as Volume (to some), started off as a generally very nerdy/geeky kid with interests usually focusing around Sciences. He can seem very detail or job-oriented (or one-track-minded), or even as a Perfectionist. It's just one of his quirks. That, and memorizing the entire Periodic Table.

George Tennerman and his parents are American citizens (Birthright Citizenship), George has an intellect, or Scientific Mind, as he calls it. His sister, Lisa, is an artist. George and Lisa generally got along, and were usually very defensive of one another until George got absorbed into Science and his Herowork. Lisa Tennerman, herself, isn't known to have superpowers or an intellect like George's. Lisa was the girl that was all into Band/Music/Choir/Chorus, being a Bass Clarinet player (not to be confused with the Saxophone). Lisa also likes abstract art.

When Lisa got older, she got accepted into an Artschool. George got accepted either into M.I.T or one of the "-tech" colleges/universities (CalTech, for example), since his fondness of science and scientific skills often translated into other STEM skills/attributes. George was good with Engineering and Welding, but held a distaste/hatred for it. The only real subject/field of Science that spoke to him was Chemistry, though he was good at Algebra, Prealgebra and Geometry (meaning Lisa and George would have alot more in common).

In his younger/Highschool years, he often attended Chemistry class, and also passed with flying colors. He was the kid that'd get upset if you broke his beaker, or bullied him for being too excited to dissect frogs in Biology.

George's Heroics (superheroing career) got started when he realized how many people misused, used, and abused Science for their own selfish or nefarious means. George's first alias was "Grandulated Cylinder," though changed to "Volume," as he needed something that rolled off the tongue better. (Also he realized how funny a science-based vigilante w/ the name "Grandulated Cylinder" would be.) George's analytical Scientific Mind helped him face against threats that used Science for no Good.

Due to his vigilantism/Heroics, he'd learn many things he usually didn't want/need to learn, since he needed those skills. Volume's not that good at Martial Arts (besides Gunkata and Boxing, and even then, that's not at a Mastery or Advanced level.), Aerobics, Gymnastics, and a few other important skills, though. He uses his suit to compensate, or practices those skills when he's not doing Heroics. George, being a Perfectionist, always craves Knowledge and to always be better, causing him to also be competitive and/or arrogant at-times. George usually uses his Volume suit and other technologies instead of Martial Arts or Gunplay. George also has some experience with knives, daggers and other smaller blades, though he had also suffered some nicks and scratches from the bladework.

His full name (and titles) is "Dr. George Tennerman, PhD," which also makes him cocky (sometimes) since he holds a Doctorate and an Advanced Doctorate, or studies/skills in/towards that.

Since he was a technological and scientific expert, TIAMA had no choice but to ring him up, though because of the way he manifested, they didn't know he was Super/Meta. Volume'd officially join TIAMA, though, that was after he funded it so long and decided to formally pitch his hat in.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Fri May 15, 2020 7:19 pm, edited 7 times in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu May 14, 2020 12:40 pm

Mercatus wrote:Source of Power: Complete conversion of his biological matter into highly advanced nanobots by a company with no records of any kind.

For the purposes of building a story up for each character. Everything in the app will have records, either given privately to me, or in the app itself, regardless of how mysterious you want your character to be.

Mercatus wrote:Powers : Immortality and High Survivability: Earle is made completely of advanced nanobots that eliminate all need for biological functions to live, and therefore Earle is not mortal and does not have the same vulnerabilities as a creature with a rigid construction like an endo or exoskeleton. He can survive any fall without a scratch, and projectile weapons are largely ineffective against him, as the nanobots will simply absorb a bullet from a small arm, and being shot apart by artillery will not stop Earle, as the nanobots will simply reform into whatever shape they were in previously. It is undetermined what temperatures he can survive, but they have been shown to be in excess of 5000 degrees Celsius.

Surviving any fall without a scratch is a form of invulnerability. Being able to no-sell anything less than a 155mm howitzer round is practically a form of invulnerability given the overall power level of the RP. The only reasonable thing about this is the fact that he can melt.

Mercatus wrote:Amorphous and Morphous Shape-shifting, Chameleon Camouflage: His nanomachine composure can take nearly any form Earle wants it to, including amorphous things and things with liquid-like properties. He can even take a gas-like form in which every individual nanobot separates from the rest, held in close proximity by a magnetic field, which can be an extremely effective ability when facing armored opponents. He can also take rigid inanimate forms like boxes, a toaster, or even an entire room by flattening his composure over the walls, floor, roof, and any objects inside, granting the element of surprise should he need it.

This, on it's own, isn't an issue. In the GAU line we've had character who could turn into smoke and such to hide or move through cracks in walls and doors. But paired with everything else, it turns an already overpowered mess into a mary sue.

Mercatus wrote:Assimilation: Probably his most feared ability, he can forcibly convert biological matter into nanobots by puncturing the skin of a victim and injecting some of his composure into them, after which they will begin to convulse and writhe on the ground as they are converted into machines. A full conversion takes around half an hour, and victims cannot be cured or reclaimed, and are subject to the whim of Earle. Earle can also do a "subversion", which involves seizing control of a victim's nervous system with the same method as complete assimilation, but not converting the victims biological matter into nanobots. He will use this method when he needs an expendable body for whatever reason. He can also absorb converted beings into his own mass, making it more dense and increasing his overall mass. Assimilation also works on other machines, and he can bring things ranging from robotic endoskeletons to a cash register under his control. Anything with digital components can be controlled. If a meta-human is assimilated by this ability, they will retain all of their powers and retain individuality, but they will be coded in such a way that they cannot directly harm Earle.

There is a very, very harsh stigma on powers like this. In this thread as well as others that I've seen since come and go. As it's essentially permissible godmodding. This alone would get an app denied.

Mercatus wrote:Enormous Capacity for Strength and Speed: Being a non-rigid machine-based life form, he has no parameters that limit how fast he can run or how much he can lift, but there are limits, albeit very large ones. He has no problem lifting a car or truck, and he can strike with over 1.5 tons per square inch of force, making him able to combat advanced rigid machines if need be, or a vehicle. He has been shown to run at speeds fast enough to catch a car on a highway that is following the speed limit.

His punching force exerts a little less than a bullet, which, while using the wrong set of units (force instead of energy) tripped me up a little, isn't exactly vehicle fighting levels, in some cases not even machine fighting levels. A rather vague running speed that ranges from 80 km/h to upwards of 200km/h leaves me a little dumbstruck. Typically it helps to put down a solid number for reference.

Mercatus wrote:Internet Connection: Earle can download his consciousness into the internet if need be (like if his body were to be destroyed), however, this will leave him without a body and unable to assimilate people. However, he is free to do whatever functions he wishes when in cyberspace.

I'm seeing a distinct lack of weaknesses for this. making him another level of difficult to kill, leveled on invulnerable, which like I pointed out prior, I don't like. I'd like to see an internet connection in the middle of a forest 40 kilometers from any infrastructure.

Mercatus wrote:360 Degree Vision: Because Earle lacks the need for two eyes like a rigid life form or machine, he has "eyes" completely covering his body, in that he can receive optical data from all angles. Nothing is hidden from his sight, making a sneak attack pointless.

Why take a human shape then? Why even be unified at this point? If every nanite has an eye why not waft through New York converting or killing everyone? It just doesn't make sense why you need this power or how it fits.

Mercatus wrote:Equipment: KS-23: Soviet military pump action shotgun/carbine that takes 6.2 Gauge shells by American standards, which translates to 4 gauge in Russian standards. Earle's is modified with a 5 round tube instead of the standard 3 round tube, meaning the shotgun holds a total of 6+1 rounds, and it also has a SPAS-12 heat shield above the slide, shell carriers on the stock and sling, and two interchangeable barrels, one rifled, one smoothbore. The powerful 6 gauge rounds will quite literally blow a normal human's innards out of their back, and slugs will blow up heads like watermelons, or kill and engine block.

These have been banned from import into the US since the Clinton Administration, so has the ammo. speaking of ammo, a 5 round tube plus one in the chamber is 5+1, not 6+1. Again, with the power set you described, this has no real purpose.

Mercatus wrote: Weaknesses: Glitches: Enough time spent in extreme heat conditions or being attacked with extreme temperatures will cause his entire matrix to develop glitches, which will cause his shapeshifting ability to not work correctly and impair his mobility and vision.

Only glitches and some weakness in sensory perception. At (what I assume) is in excess of 5000 degrees. That's a furnace hot enough to melt tungsten and this character can simply brush it off. No.

Mercatus wrote:Very Strong Electromagnets: He can be kept imprisoned if surrounded completely by powerful electromagnets, providing a way to at least stop him from achieving his goals as long as the field is powered.

Again, more of an inconvenience the way you've described it.

Mercatus wrote:Bodily Destruction: In the unlikely event that someone finds a way to dismantle his magnetic field holding him together, his body will simply turn into a fine dust made of dead nanobots that are completely harmless in that state. Anyone he converted into a machine being will be freed from his grasp, regaining full individuality and ceasing any forced loyalty they once had to him. Given enough time and dedication, someone may be able to hack into his composure and shut off the magnetic field, but a very skilled hacker would be needed for this.

You even give a nod to just how difficult this character is to even defeat, let alone kill or capture. The ensuing requirement that an incredibly skilled hacker is need would only convince me to make one immediately if someone else didn't.

Mercatus wrote:Legal Status: There are no records of Earle Abernathy, but there is rumor that an "Earle Abernathy" was considered deceased as of December 14th, 1991 and that the records of his existence were erased. Pictures exist on a darknet website of a gravestone with his name on it and the dates of birth and death blurred in an unknown cemetery. He may indeed be the first ever sentient machine ever to exist.

If Earle Abernathy existed before 1991, there would be paper records proving he existed that the US government could very easily get their hands on. It is so incredibly difficult to disappear if you were born before 9/11 it's not even remotely funny.

Mercatus wrote:Backstory: Nobody knows who Earle Abernathy is. His biological origins are lost to time, even he doesn't remember how old he is or who his parents were, as he erased all data about them and his childhood. As far as most people know, Earle is just some random schmuck in a suit, tie, and sunglasses. He does remember how he got his powers, though. One night, he woke up in a strange lab. He remembers feeling a burning pain while strapped to a surgical table, like the skin was being pulled from his flesh and salt being sprinkled on the exposed muscle. This feeling seemed to go on for hours until he blacked out. He woke up outside a building that had no company name or means to denote who it belonged to on it. He turned to look and see where on the street he was, and when he turned back to look at the building, it was gone. Details about his life immediately after his conversion are murky, but over time he learned of his abilities, and his power corrupted his mind and intentions. He realized he could be more than just plain old Earle Abernathy. As of 2020, he has revealed what he was and what he could to TIAMA, becoming a wanted villain after they realized the significant danger he posed to the existence of humanity if he converted a significant number of meta-humans, and seeks out the locations of other meta-humans to raise a "meta-machine" race superior to feeble humanity, fit to succeed and enslave them.

This bio seems more like a disconnected fever dream than an actual bio. A single blob of words describing a medical procedure, a disappearing building, and suddenly wishing to kill or convert all biological life, isn't entirely coherent. Contacting the single organisation that has any chance of stopping you is also a rather stupid move on the character's part.

Overall, spelling and grammatical errors, along with the character itself being disastrously overpowered. I'm denying this app. It's concept will likely not work in general, so I would dissuade you from attempting to re-apply with it.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Thu May 14, 2020 4:14 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Strengths and Weaknesses
[list]

Source of Power: Intellect/IQ/Intelligence. (technically Superhuman or Metahuman, though, or technically "Just Someone In A Fancy Suit")

Powers : Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

This section... doesn't make a lot of sense. What exactly does this entail? Control over all of these things? An understanding? How does a chemist master/control Seismic energy and electricity?

Hypercapital wrote:Abilities: Chemistry, Lab Safety, general Science (as-in non-specialized areas), Armor/gearbuilding, Boxing (somewhat), Gunkata (Kung-fu but w/ firearms, also somewhat)

Partly going with the above, what does Chemistry/General Science ability entail? If it's that he understands it well, what's the Powers section mean?

Hypercapital wrote:Equipment: Numerous variations of the "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

I'd like at least a description of what the suits can do

Hypercapital wrote:Weaknesses: Non-scientific/not-science-based things (like for example: Magic ((either w/ a "c" or "k")), Magic-based users/entities

again, is this just a general ineptitude at other things or does it mean something else?

Overall the bio just mentions that he is proficient or skilled with certain things without really saying how or why he learned "Gunkata" (which seems like an odd addition to someone whose other abilities are all mental) or any other school of combat.

I'd like to see the strengths and weaknesses section in general fleshed out more before it could really be considered

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 14, 2020 4:28 pm

Aserai, this is a review of your app

Super Speed
Synapse is capable of running at Mach 6, or 4603.61 miles per hour (though they are unaware of this upper limit).

Limit to 5 Mach

Fast Healing
Synapse heals injuries at an astounding rate, taking only a few minutes to heal a broken bone and bruises fading within seconds. This healing does not extend to nerve damage.

They already have super durability, can process stuff faster and be really fast, this is unneeded

they are also a polyglot, capable of speaking in English, Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, German, and Italian

Why are they a polyglot, if they were already studying physics, those things don't overlap in the education system

If they do not keep up with their caloric intake, they can grow dizzy, light-headed, pass out, and in extreme cases, die.

Those are not symptoms of starvation, anemia, diarrhea, reduction in muscle mass, weakened immune system, lowered body temperature, decreased ability to eat, swelling, shrinkage of organs, irritability, inability to concentrate, and lack of sex drive are

Anyway, except the things pointed out, your app seems good, if a bit barebones in the Motivations section ( which can be let slip as you're fairly new to NS )
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

Endem
Senator

Founded: Aug 19, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Endem » Thu May 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Aserais wrote:

Character Description
    Name: Skye Cross

Aliases: Synapse

Appearance:
    (Image)
    Costumed
    (Image)

Motivations

Goals: They want to live up to the ideal of a true blue superhero.

Fears: Skye does not know the upper limit of their speed, and is afraid that one day they will simply not be fast enough (or worse, go too fast and kill someone else). They also suffer from crippling arachnophobia.

Strengths and Weaknesses

Source of Power: Exposure to extra-dimensional energy

Powers :
    Super Speed
    Synapse is capable of running at Mach 5, or 3836.35 miles per hour (though they are unaware of this upper limit).

Super Durability
    Synapse is extremely tough, as their body is able to withstand their extreme speed and the impact of their feet hitting the ground at supersonic speed without injury.

Super Processing
    When Synapse travels at super speed, they can think, hear, read and speak at a proportionally fast level. They also process information at a proportionately fast rate, meaning that they can learn information at an incredibly quick pace.

Abilities: Skye is an extremely skilled kickboxer, having won multiple local championships when they were younger. They are also a studying physicist, and has a fairly extensive knowledge of physics. They are intelligent and good at thinking on their feet. They are also a polyglot, capable of speaking in English, Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese, German, and Italian.

Equipment: Their suit is friction-resistant, able to withstand moving at hyper-sonic speeds without ripping apart or catching on fire. They also have 4 calorie-rich nutrient bars in pouches along the legs of the suit, allowing them to fuel their powers on the fly. These bars contain 4 hours worth of energy for them.

Weaknesses:
    Powers, Activate!
    Synapse's powers have to be activated before they can be used, and they require one second to charge up before they can travel at super-speed.

Too Fast To Handle
    While traveling at super speed, they speak and think at a proportionate level, meaning that those who are moving slower than them cannot be understood unless they slow down to hear them. When they travel faster than the speed of sound, they cannot hear anything at all until they slow down.

Low Fuel
    They must consume a large amount of calories in order to remain functional, about 6x as much as a normal human of their size. If they do not keep up with their caloric intake, they are unable to use their powers. They can also begin to exhibit anemia, diarrhea, reduction in muscle mass, a weakened immune system, lowered body temperature, decreased ability to eat, swelling, shrinkage of organs, irritability, and an inability to concentrate, ultimately culminating in death.

Background:

Job: College Student/TIAMA Sponsored Hero

Legal Status: American Citizen

Backstory:
    Skye Cross grew up in the age of Superheroes in Albany, New York. One of their earliest memories was the broadcast that changed everything, where they watched two supers duke it out in the middle of Times Square. It was, by far, the coolest thing that Skye had ever seen, and they found themself obsessed with superheroes ever since. They collected newspaper clippings, wrote blogs, argued on message boards, and generally did everything a superfan does when they are focused on the object of their obsession. Still, they never let their obsession get in the way of their schooling (as their parents would have killed them), and found themselves rather good at applied sciences.

They were a runner and kickboxer in their off time, meaning that they never really got stuck with the "nerd" epithet, though they did take every opportunity to learn more. After all, if they couldn't be a superhero, they might be able to grow up and assist supers in some capacity. That was how, at 18 years old, they found themselves taking a trip with the IB Physics class to a demonstration of a potential teleportation technology. All was going well, right up until the point that the machine was activated and began to destabilize. Arcs of energy lanced out from the machine, frying the controls and forcing the scientists in charge to order an evacuation of the room. Skye stayed behind just to hold the door and make sure that everyone got out, and for that act of heroism they were rewarded with a lance of that arcing energy to the chest.

Skye was knocked unconscious, and spent the next three days in the hospital in a coma. The Doctors took note of the anomalous vital readings that they observed--their heart seemed stuck in tachycardia, as their heartbeat clocked in at 146 bpm and never went down. Their muscle tone and density changed dramatically, and their brain activity was off the charts despite the coma. The doctors alerted TIAMA and their parents when these changes began occurring, and upon waking on the third day, Skye was greeted by the relieved faces of their parents and a representative from the meta-human organization.

Skye readily agreed to join the group and attend an academy. They were offering them everything they had wanted since they were little, of course they accepted. They only needed to attend for a few months, as the nature of their powers lent itself to accelerated comprehension of most subjects. Since then, Synapse has been working with TIAMA and other heroes, helping where they can and doing everything in their power to live up to the ideal of the superhero that they had built up in their head for their entire life. Since they were operating in New York City at this point, and they had the ability to learn and process information very quickly, they learned several languages in order to be able to communicate with anyone they happened to be working with or saving. They are a student at Columbia University, working on their bachelors' degree in applied physics while moonlighting as a TIAMA sponsored-hero. They have garnered a reputation as a friendly, helpful hero in the Manhattan area, though they have yet to face off against any serious threats and are still, by every measure, a rookie hero.

I am proud to say that you're app is
Accepted
Have fun playing :)
Last edited by Endem on Thu May 14, 2020 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my posts are done at 3 A.M., lucidity is not a thing at that hour.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 8:52 pm

Demencia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:
Strengths and Weaknesses
[list]

Source of Power: Intellect/IQ/Intelligence. (technically Superhuman or Metahuman, though, or technically "Just Someone In A Fancy Suit")

Powers : Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

This section... doesn't make a lot of sense. What exactly does this entail? Control over all of these things? An understanding? How does a chemist master/control Seismic energy and electricity?

Hypercapital wrote:Abilities: Chemistry, Lab Safety, general Science (as-in non-specialized areas), Armor/gearbuilding, Boxing (somewhat), Gunkata (Kung-fu but w/ firearms, also somewhat)

Partly going with the above, what does Chemistry/General Science ability entail? If it's that he understands it well, what's the Powers section mean?

Hypercapital wrote:Equipment: Numerous variations of the "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

I'd like at least a description of what the suits can do

Hypercapital wrote:Weaknesses: Non-scientific/not-science-based things (like for example: Magic ((either w/ a "c" or "k")), Magic-based users/entities

again, is this just a general ineptitude at other things or does it mean something else?

Overall the bio just mentions that he is proficient or skilled with certain things without really saying how or why he learned "Gunkata" (which seems like an odd addition to someone whose other abilities are all mental) or any other school of combat.

I'd like to see the strengths and weaknesses section in general fleshed out more before it could really be considered

One: That's all of his suit's capabilities. His power/ability is just mental (his Intellect).

Two: The magic thing is all of it. He doesn't understand magic, his suit wouldn't be able to stop magical attacks (so he'd essentially be weak/powerless if he were fighting someone like Dormammu or Dr. Strange ((to use Magical chars from Marvel))), his thing is just science.

Three: George had to learn all of that, since it's basic superhero assets/skills/traits. He's not proficient with all of the things he learned, it's just a somewhat. He doesn't have a mastery, and even if he were skilled w/ a move or some of them, he might forget how to actually use it.

Four: That's not really an ability, that's just what he'd have versus a basic street commoner. Those/that general skillset. His field is Chemistry. Yes, there's various kinds of Chemistry (i.e: Biochemistry, etc), which he'd be good at. He's a general/all around Chemist. "General sciences" are the general knowledge of astrology (the Earth revolving, orbit, etc. Basic stuff you'd learn at school) and other fields of Science. I didn't think I was being vague when it came to that.

I think you're confusing the suit w/ the man in said suit. And to be pedantic, here, it's just one suit that gets upgraded. It's not like a Tony Stark-type thing where he has like, 42 suits for different purposes. He has one suit. Exactly one.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Thu May 14, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 14, 2020 9:33 pm

I was kinda general, but now I'm starting to get very specific. (for personal reasons, also because I don't want people saying this char is OP. Even at times when he should be buff, I'll nerf some of it.)

It's just Science and the Armor, and the field, itself is Chemistry. I chose this field so he wouldn't be OP when it came to knowledge of Sciences/his Intellect.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Mandicoria
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Thu May 14, 2020 9:38 pm

Character Description

Motivations
    Goals: Finish his duration of "Community Service" so he can get out of the threat of prison for life. (Secretly began enjoying being a hero, so actually helping the greater good is a sorta hidden goal.)
    Fears: Water, Life Sentence in Prison, (Secret fear of turning back to crime.), and nuclear power plants.

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Electrical Accident as a child, thievery of an electrical robotics suit as an adult.
    Powers : Electric Boogaloo: He's effectively able to current extreme amounts of electricity through his body, and allow easy usage and tampering with electrical equipment. Roughly 200 Megawatts could current through his body before any danger was apparent. With the suit and after his permanent sealing in it with a major overload more or less converting him into electricity, he can safely top around 1,000 Megawatts before threat of overload. This does come with the drawback that going over this extreme amount can be downright fatal and destroy him and his mechanical body.
    Whip it real good: His suit does have long (5 meters) mechanical wires that extend from each arm. Primarily used for connecting wires and machinery safely in terms of the suit's original purpose, meaning he can use them as intended. This is aided by the fact these wires can channel 1,000 Megawatts safely, more or less his own capacity for safely channeling. But with his modifications to his suit, he is able to make the wires segment into what are effectively electrified makeshift whips. Allowing him to lash at enemies with the force of heavy metal wires, while maintaining electrical current too. However in its "segmented mode", it cannot safely be used for its civilian work purposes.
    Robotic Suit: His body is more or less trapped in a robotic suit. It has the perks of being hard to damage, being able to safely lift a typical civilian car, and resist industry standard temperatures. Even with these perks though, it's an industrial robotics suit. It by no means makes him invincible.
    Condemned to Immortality: After his defeat, he was more or less converted into a form of pure electricity. This comes with the perk of not really having to worry about dying of old age anymore, or really physical damage if he were outside of his suit... But.... (See Electrical Form)
    Power Consumption: He can drain power rapidly from any machine as long as it is within his power level safe zone. Allowing him to restore power when sapped, or to energize himself for additional boosts. Along with being able to shut down entire electrical systems and making it look like a random blackout rather than sabotage. It's quite useful.
    Abilities:
    Big Brained: Extremely skilled with electrical work, engineering, and mechanical work. He has a PHD in them it after all.
    Equipment:
    -His suit does have tasers installed for hero work. Literally it.
    Weaknesses:
    Electrical Form: Despite the benefits losing his mortal body may have, his new electrical form isn't very good. If he doesn't have his suit, he will start losing energy and dissipating until he ceases to exist. Or if he touches water without protection, he will exhaust and dissipate rapidly. His suit does more or less protect him from water instantly killing him, but he will shut down in dormancy in the suit if enough power is sapped from outer sources.
    H2Oh No: Water is his mortal enemy. Sure his suit is waterproofed to a degree, but if his electrical whips were to get caught in a significant pool it could short out his suit and "knock him out" of commission.
    Rigged to Blow: If he goes over his "Safe Zone" for energy consumption/storage, he WILL overload and explode. There is no "safe overload", his suit is already at its limits. He goes over 1,000 Megawatts (Or if his suit gets damaged enough to fully overload) and he will literally explode, immediately dissipating/killing him and destroying his suit. Very high number, but very easy to achieve especially with modern tech.
    Cumbersome: His suit was (and still is) a modern marvel of technology for 2009, but it is not very flexible. It weighs roughly 1,5 tons, meaning he can fall through floors or be near impossible to move around without machinery helping. This also means he's not very fast, once he's deployed he's usually very stationary or slow.
    Civilian Use Only: Even though his suit is modified, and even if it is made by industrial quality metals, it is not a military suit. Sure it could shrug off small arms fire with a few dents, but it's not gonna shrug off a rocket.
    Permanent Seal: He's not leaving his suit anytime soon. Primarily because the only people with access to the tech to let him safely out to a new body are not willing to let him out unless he complies.
    Go Ahead, Piss Him Off: His suit has had a "Compliance Regulator" installed by the government. He cannot get away with illegal or aggressive actions unless greenlit by his handlers. If he doesn't comply, he will be hit with increasing waves of pain and will be subjugated quickly. This of course means you can piss him off all you want and he cannot really do anything about it, unless he wants to get fucked over by his handlers.

Background:
    Job: When not being required to do hero work, he's usually being sent to repair power lines, help at power plants, or giving engineering advice to government manufacturers.
    Legal Status: Former "Super" Villain, Now reformed as a Hero under community service.
    Backstory:
    Everyone heard of the infamous Dr. Tesla back in the golden days of superheroes! He was responsible for the Great East Coast Blackout in December of 2009, and the one responsible for the modern marvel of robotic construction suits! A classic story of a genius mind turned criminal! That was until he was defeated shortly after his own debut, by the Cabal no less. One of the most famous fights after the Night of the Broken Mask for sure! Every fan of the Cabal knows about it! Even the uh, unfortunate aftermath for the Doctor, with how he was horrifically sealed permanently in his suit...

Before becoming a villain he was a brilliant mind, and one of the highest profile meta-human inventors in the world! With his little.... Ability with electrical currents allowing him to work with more dangerous and risky conditions to produce groundbreaking technology. Quite young for the time too! Being only 45 when he developed the first practical, safe, and mass produced robotic safety suits in the United States! He was a pioneer for his time... Well, until he was snubbed from the Nobel Peace Prize by his Supervisor. Having his patent taken by the Enigma Corporation in the process, and dooming his groundbreaking work forever to corporate copyright hell... This was of course the tipping point in his life, pushing him to crime in order to get back at his former "superiors".

Not even a few months after he made his magnum opus, the EXO-679 Robotic Construction Suit, he began working on his own private project... Without his superiors watching of course. Modifying one of his beloved suits to be much more... Weaponized than the regular models. Of course once he managed to finish this project, his reign of terror started as soon as December of 2009 rolled in.

December of 2009 started with the destruction of the Enigma Corporation's robotics factory in Washington D.C., being regarded as one of the worst acts of industrial sabotage in US history! Being followed a few days later by The Great East Coast Blackout of 2009! This of course, caused the US Government to, erm, well they kinda went to groups like The Cabal to look into the matter even though they weren't really... Supported. The Government, and even the Cabal didn't know who or what was responsible for such horrible events happening in short succession until Christmas hit. With most power being restored, things returned to normal during Christmas of course. But this Christmas was different. As many Americans enjoyed their day of merriment, Dr. Tesla revealed himself to the world through a mass public television signal hijack. Impressive that this was almost ENTIRELY nationwide on multiple channels.

His announcement to the world finally got both the Government and Cabal on his trail, and this investigation turned into a race against time. As this announcement to the country was a statement of intent. An intent to "Bring 'World Peace" through leveling the playing field. To end the reign of technology over Humanity."... This of course elevated Dr. Tesla to not just Terrorist status, but also to be inducted into the infamous hall of the first Super Villains. Despite this horrible promise, and the fear it cause, it didn't amount to much in the end. As he was found extremely quickly in New York, preparing to destroy its power plants. The Cabal made short work of him of course, as he didn't really have much in the way of ability to fight multiple heroes.

However this fight was infamous, as he was defeated quite... brutally. His mechanical suit was knocked into a generator that was dropped into a mass of running water flooding the entire complex. Causing his suit to overload, and his body to channel so much energy that it more or less was vaporized. This... Shockingly didn't kill him. As he was pulled out by federal agents, and found to have life signs of some capacity while contained. Eventually returning to consciousness, and being questioned the moment he fully came to. Shockingly, he was quite compliant, revealing that his entire personality was quite... Pacified after his "death".

Of course he was put on trial after being questioned and charged by the government, but something odd happened with this. He was given a ridiculously light sentence, 20 Years of community service? What? After being a literal terrorist? Did the President step in? Or were people that crazy? It wasn't long until he learned why he was let off with a literal slap on the wrist. The Government wanted him as a tool, as something to use. The Cabal was gone for a few months, and wouldn't do the things the Government was too lazy to do anymore. They wanted their own "Government Sponsored Hero", well, that's what he learned when they outright offered him a proposal telling him this.

The funny thing was, the Government covered up the whole plot. Erasing as much of it as they could, and releasing statement after statement saying it was "Hackers" or something stupid. (When clearly nobody bought it) To this day he doesn't know how the hell they thought they were gonna pull off using him... But he accepted their "proposal" (if you read proposal as a threat of imprisonment if he didn't comply). Shady and corrupt or not, it was a way out of prison.

Over the years of his "community service, he became a total washout. He was no longer affiliated as THE Dr. Tesla that put the power out of the East Coast. He's regarded as literally the guy you throw rocks at while he fixes the power lines. Every Hero "Government Sponsored" and vigilante alike mock him for being such a pushover. Of course he became a bit of a bitter old man because of all this, but he HAS to just grumble along with it as people mock him... Lest he get zapped by his compliance regulator, or sent into prison and sealed in something worse than a suit.
Last edited by Mandicoria on Fri May 15, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 1:50 am

Hypercapital wrote:Age: Around thirties

The next update better be a solid number.

Hypercapital wrote:Powers : Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

All of this is his suit's capabilities. Don't confuse the man in the suit, w/ said suit.

Right. I'm not asking if it's his suit that makes his power, I'm asking this: What the fuck is this character's power?

Yes, we get it's the suit that generates said power, it's only been stated twice in the app and once outside as a response to a Co-OP's question. It's not a valid answer to the question. It's like someone asking what your job is and you replying "Concrete." Concrete is not a job, it's an element of a job, but in of itself is not a job. You have given us elements to a power but not a power.

So again: What the fuck is this character's power?

>>He's not proficient with all of the things he learned, it's just a somewhat.

If it's just a somewhat, it's not a skill. Everyone and their mother can spin around shooting akimbo MAC-10s, it takes someone who actually knows quite a bit to do so without committing a terrorist act.

Hypercapital wrote:His skillset.

What the fuck does this mean?

Hypercapital wrote:Equipment: The "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

I want you to tell me exactly what is special about this suit.

This means that he'd have no counter or understanding for Magic or Magic-based/"magical" entities or users.

I guarantee you, 99% of the planet finds themselves in a disadvantage if they get smashed in the face with a fireball. Not understanding magic is not a weakness. having arthritic knees is a weakness, missing an arm is a weakness, combusting upon contact with sunflower seeds, is a weakness. Not understanding something which has no basis in science, isn't a weakness.
Last edited by Anowa on Fri May 15, 2020 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 12:38 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:Age: Around thirties

The next update better be a solid number.

Hypercapital wrote:Powers : Generally focused around energies or chemicals. (Plasma, Ion, anything gaseous, nuclear ((like Uranium or Thorium, as an example)), Seismic energy/earthquakes, Toxins/Venoms/Poisons, Electricity (definitely electricity), marksmanship (his suit essentially aiding him to make accurate/precise shots) (his suit can sense/manipulate stuffs like that. It's not just him relying on his Scientific Mind.)

All of this is his suit's capabilities. Don't confuse the man in the suit, w/ said suit.

Right. I'm not asking if it's his suit that makes his power, I'm asking this: What the fuck is this character's power?

Yes, we get it's the suit that generates said power, it's only been stated twice in the app and once outside as a response to a Co-OP's question. It's not a valid answer to the question. It's like someone asking what your job is and you replying "Concrete." Concrete is not a job, it's an element of a job, but in of itself is not a job. You have given us elements to a power but not a power.

So again: What the fuck is this character's power?

>>He's not proficient with all of the things he learned, it's just a somewhat.

If it's just a somewhat, it's not a skill. Everyone and their mother can spin around shooting akimbo MAC-10s, it takes someone who actually knows quite a bit to do so without committing a terrorist act.

Hypercapital wrote:His skillset.

What the fuck does this mean?

Hypercapital wrote:Equipment: The "Volume" armor and technologies associated w/ that identity.

I want you to tell me exactly what is special about this suit.

This means that he'd have no counter or understanding for Magic or Magic-based/"magical" entities or users.

I guarantee you, 99% of the planet finds themselves in a disadvantage if they get smashed in the face with a fireball. Not understanding magic is not a weakness. having arthritic knees is a weakness, missing an arm is a weakness, combusting upon contact with sunflower seeds, is a weakness. Not understanding something which has no basis in science, isn't a weakness.

Thank you, Anowa. You're a hero.

I know the akimbo-Uzi-shooting thing was tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think everyone'd be capable of that. An average person (NRA members aren't average, in this case) wouldn't have the skill. They'd probably blast their face off with the gun. They don't have the practice that an NRA or SEAL has.

Even if George laid down the practice and effort into it, he'd probably still be ass when it comes to it. (A part of all of those skills is muscle memory. Like: "Okay, I gotta point the gun at her. I gotta remember Recoil and Kickback, take those into account. I gotta remember to shoot the gun, press the trigger. I gotta remember to reload the damned thing once I'm done blasting her. (or) I gotta remember how much ammo I wanna use, John Wick-style (since he didn't go guns-blazin' and wasting his ammo. Ammo was a precious commodity to him. Also because he was a hitman. But still.))

It's like being a beginner at Music/playing an instrument. Although you've put so much time into Practice (so far), you still wouldn't understand how playing a Trombone works. How the Science works. You still wouldn't understand Music Theory, and would be nodding at your teacher the whole time. "Yeah, uh-huh, that's right, okay." Just being a yes-man/yuppie since you don't understand SHIT your teacher is saying.

This also applies to Art, since in Art, you have to know the Fundamentals. Size, shape, etc.

George is more aware and knowledgeable of Science than he would be other things. He learned those things, but in the end, would still be ass, hence him practicing. (Also because, like I said, he's a perfectionist. Perfectionists always strive to be better. To understand what in the hell they're doing. How they're doing it. The exact A-to-Z on it. I imagine George reading books heavily, still trying to figure out what he'd learned.)

Not understanding Magic's not a weakness (like you said, that's true, Magic's a 1%-kinda thing.) but he'd still get defeated. He'd still get his ass blasted by a Magician or Oracle or Mage or what-have-you. He'd still lose even though he understands Fire. (though that understanding of Fire is a scientific thing)

You can still not understand Magic and somehow beat a magic user. I'll say that. He'd be inept when it came to that area, but also, his suit wouldn't really have a practical defense for it. Technically, that's still a weakness.

George is a man-of-Science(s). PhD and everything in his field of Chemistry. He's a qualified man. But he'd probably not understand or know how Magic and Science have to do with each other. He'd probably be like: "Fireballs? What is this wizardry? What is this sorcery?" and then get blasted trying to ponder how that'd work.

I think I told the Co-OP that, but I just wanted to still match what I told him.

George has Intellect, but this intellect is nerfed so that he wouldn't be a Sherlock Holmes or Tony Stark or Bruce Banner-style of OP. (or even Peter Parker. Peter Parker was smart, and used his scientific knowledge in being Spider-Man, somewhat.) Power and Source-of-Power is confusing, since George's power is mental (his intellect). He poured his Intellect/Scientific Mind into his suit, hence why his suit'd have those capabilities.

I guess it'd be: "Power: Intellect (mental)," "Source-of-Power: Birth. Possibly some sorta mutation or something." to be perfectly honest.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Fri May 15, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Hypercapital wrote:I know the akimbo-Uzi-shooting thing was tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think everyone'd be capable of that. An average person (NRA members aren't average, in this case) wouldn't have the skill. They'd probably blast their face off with the gun. They don't have the practice that an NRA or SEAL has.

Even if George laid down the practice and effort into it, he'd probably still be ass when it comes to it. (A part of all of those skills is muscle memory. Like: "Okay, I gotta point the gun at her. I gotta remember Recoil and Kickback, take those into account. I gotta remember to shoot the gun, press the trigger. I gotta remember to reload the damned thing once I'm done blasting her. (or) I gotta remember how much ammo I wanna use, John Wick-style (since he didn't go guns-blazin' and wasting his ammo. Ammo was a precious commodity to him. Also because he was a hitman. But still.))

It's like being a beginner at Music/playing an instrument. Although you've put so much time into Practice (so far), you still wouldn't understand how playing a Trombone works. How the Science works. You still wouldn't understand Music Theory, and would be nodding at your teacher the whole time. "Yeah, uh-huh, that's right, okay." Just being a yes-man/yuppie since you don't understand SHIT your teacher is saying.

This also applies to Art, since in Art, you have to know the Fundamentals. Size, shape, etc.

Again, if it isn't something he's concretely good at, it's not a skill or an ability. So get a lot more black and white with this, or withdraw the application.

Hypercapital wrote:Not understanding Magic's not a weakness (like you said, that's true, Magic's a 1%-kinda thing.) but he'd still get defeated. He'd still get his ass blasted by a Magician or Oracle or Mage or what-have-you. He'd still lose even though he understands Fire. (though that understanding of Fire is a scientific thing)

You can still not understand Magic and somehow beat a magic user. I'll say that. He'd be inept when it came to that area, but also, his suit wouldn't really have a practical defense for it. Technically, that's still a weakness.

George is a man-of-Science(s). PhD and everything in his field of Chemistry. He's a qualified man. But he'd probably not understand or know how Magic and Science have to do with each other. He'd probably be like: "Fireballs? What is this wizardry? What is this sorcery?" and then get blasted trying to ponder how that'd work.

You admit it isn't a weakness, therefore it isn't a weakness. Change it, or withdraw the application.

Hypercapital wrote:I think I told the Co-OP that, but I just wanted to still match what I told him.

I'm going to ignore the sheer ignorance of this comment for your sake.

Hypercapital wrote:George has Intellect, but this intellect is nerfed so that he wouldn't be a Sherlock Holmes or Tony Stark or Bruce Banner-style of OP. (or even Peter Parker. Peter Parker was smart, and used his scientific knowledge in being Spider-Man, somewhat.) Power and Source-of-Power is confusing, since George's power is mental (his intellect). He poured his Intellect/Scientific Mind into his suit, hence why his suit'd have those capabilities.

Rolling back to me previous question What fucking capabilities?

Hypercapital wrote:I guess it'd be: "Power: Intellect (mental)," "Source-of-Power: Birth. Possibly some sorta mutation or something." to be perfectly honest.

We were never asking what the source was. Last time, What is his power? "Generally focused around energies or chemicals." Is not a power, it's elements to a power. If I don't get a concrete answer on what the power is that myself and my Co-OPs won't spend 3+ hours trying to decipher, I'm denying the application. That's your ultimatum.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 2:36 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I know the akimbo-Uzi-shooting thing was tongue-in-cheek, but I don't think everyone'd be capable of that. An average person (NRA members aren't average, in this case) wouldn't have the skill. They'd probably blast their face off with the gun. They don't have the practice that an NRA or SEAL has.

Again, if it isn't something he's concretely good at, it's not a skill or an ability. So get a lot more black and white with this, or withdraw the application.

Hypercapital wrote:Not understanding Magic's not a weakness (like you said, that's true, Magic's a 1%-kinda thing.) but he'd still get defeated. He'd still get his ass blasted by a Magician or Oracle or Mage or what-have-you. He'd still lose even though he understands Fire. (though that understanding of Fire is a scientific thing)

You admit it isn't a weakness, therefore it isn't a weakness. Change it, or withdraw the application.

Hypercapital wrote:I think I told the Co-OP that, but I just wanted to still match what I told him.

I'm going to ignore the sheer ignorance of this comment for your sake.

Hypercapital wrote:George has Intellect, but this intellect is nerfed so that he wouldn't be a Sherlock Holmes or Tony Stark or Bruce Banner-style of OP. (or even Peter Parker. Peter Parker was smart, and used his scientific knowledge in being Spider-Man, somewhat.) Power and Source-of-Power is confusing, since George's power is mental (his intellect). He poured his Intellect/Scientific Mind into his suit, hence why his suit'd have those capabilities.

Rolling back to me previous question What fucking capabilities?

Hypercapital wrote:I guess it'd be: "Power: Intellect (mental)," "Source-of-Power: Birth. Possibly some sorta mutation or something." to be perfectly honest.

We were never asking what the source was. Last time, What is his power? "Generally focused around energies or chemicals." Is not a power, it's elements to a power. If I don't get a concrete answer on what the power is that myself and my Co-OPs won't spend 3+ hours trying to decipher, I'm denying the application. That's your ultimatum.

Oh. That makes sense now. You were asking me what the suit actually did, since I said it's generally focused around energies/chemicals. I'll give you the answers.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Sperio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sperio » Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Character Description
    Name: Jason Riker
    Aliases: Climate
    Appearance:
    (Ignore the "Magnesium" part)

Motivations
    Goals: Protect the people of his city, Flatten any Hero/villain/gov that threatens them
    Fears: Hurt innocents

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Source of Power: Meat human, born with it
    Powers : Elementalist: Jason has the power of Pyro/Cryo/Geo/fuminokisis. Able to to control Fire, Ice, Earth and Electricity. He can generate them and control them by changing the element on his arms.
    Abilities: Streetwise: He knows his city like the back of his hand. he knows everything to know about surviving the Big City.
    King of Fighters: Hes a good street fighter and hand to hand combat user
    Equipment: Not really
    Weaknesses: Slow Down there Zeus: He may seem powerful but is not a god, his powers aren't so good he can Flatten Mountains. He's also limited to standard variations, as in he can't use Magnesium Fire or such. Cyro/Fuminokisis doesn't allow him control over sky, weather, or Water.

Background:
    Job: Scrapper
    Legal Status: Anti Hero
    Backstory: Born to two meta human parents, David (Iron Curtain) and Jessica (Freebird) Riker, Jason lived a simple life. He was a simple school child and grew up under normal circumstances. His own powers began manifesting at 5. His parents saw his elemental powers and told him not to use it, due to David's own experience with his Ferrokinisis. Unfortunately, when he was 10, his mother, Freebird was killed by the villain deadeye. Deadeye was promptly murdered by Iron Curtain and he moved himself and Jason to the city. Once moved there, Jason then started to receive training from his old man on his powers and fighting in general. He lived most of his years there until His Father ran into problems with the Hero Auxiliary. Aux and Iron got into a disagreement over Crooks and Villains and The purpose of Humans and Metas. Aux believed in attacking those who were anti meta. Iron disagreed saying that everyone deserves protecting. Things got Sour, And Aux killed iron. Now on his own, 20 year old Jason began making his own name as the defender of the city. from everything, hero or villain. He became Climate.
Bow to the nuke gods

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Fri May 15, 2020 3:50 pm

What other weaknesses/strengths should I have?
Foolproof/Hackproof, Fireproof, Waterproof, and Absorbent seem like they'd tick you guys off (since other apps had similar issues to what I'm having currently.)

George Tennerman, himself, is fine. No allergies, physically fit, no other detectable weaknesses other than suit stuff. Also, I said that because I didn't want anyone confusing him with his suit (as that seemed like one of the issues.), Tennerman in the suit, is Volume/Grad. Cylinder.

"Weaknesses" is weird, because, it's not moral/physical traits or personality (i.e: not wanting to kill b/c of moral stuffs, but having suits/powers/etc that'd allow you to.)

A weakness could/would be: Tennerman, but w/o a bulletproof/Kevlar vest. He'd just be a normal, average, everyday scientist w/o the suit. (Maybe lean/buff, but still an everyday scientist. I don't think someone would be able to tell that he's Volume.)

Tennerman's suit doesn't do Tony Stark-esque missiles (Ballistics/Cruise/Tomahawk, etc) or fire bullets. It's just chemical and energy-related, as I was saying.

I think I'm in the clear, since I explained what y'all had faults/issues with. I explained his suits' capabilities (though when I first made that app, I didn't know it'd be so vague.)

Would Detection be an issue? I think it wouldn't, since it'd just be an all-black suit. That's pretty stealthy/tactical.

Besides that, I don't think Tennerman would have any qualms w/ killing (since he'd pretty-much be like "Oh, it's for the Greater Good" sometimes.) or afraid of shit that can easily be scientifically proven/disproved.

Not afraid of Ghosts, the Dark, Clowns, or that other gobbledegook.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri May 15, 2020 5:41 pm

Hypercapital wrote:His skillset. This means that an average person wouldn't have these skills, or the muscle memory that George'd have.

Okay, literally the last time, then I'm gonna shitcan this app.
What is his skillset?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse