NATION

PASSWORD

If I said that I'm an atheist in your nation?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Greenwichian Arcadia
Attaché

Founded: Aug 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenwichian Arcadia » Sun May 10, 2020 5:59 am

Probably no one would notice such a common stance.
US, Canada, obscure sci-fi plus weird sports = this.
NS stats are used (for now). Population is 231M.
Refer to canon NS policies when in doubt.
Set 50 years ago with 2020 tech.
A 6/0/5/16 nation.
Intgaming
ÆEEAADS!
[free space]
What I wish is totally irrelevant, what people wish really matters.
—Nicole Greenwich, the first PotC.

Suid-Afrika and Rhodesia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Suid-Afrika and Rhodesia » Sun May 10, 2020 6:10 am

Somone would probably say something like "You make me sad"
My nation is an imagination of what would of happend if Rhodesia won the Bush Wars in the early 70s and survived into the modern day. It forced the UN to recognize Rhodesia as a sovereign nation and lifting the embargo by threatening to Execute every captured communist insurgent.
The weak UN agreed. In the 80s Rhodesia aided South Africa when it was being boycotted. Ian Smith convinced the leader of South Africa. Frederik de Klerk to executed Mandela instead giving in the Afrikanner government to follow it's example and improve the lives of the Africans loyal to the government.
Rhodesia has good relations with
America Belgium Portugal Israel Taiwan and Russia as they ignore the UNs sanctions and complaints And trade with them anyway.

VlaRiSsiA
Envoy

Founded: Oct 16, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby VlaRiSsiA » Sun May 10, 2020 8:35 am

Execution of you and all your family members. Everyone must worship the ogrelord, meaning that if you are an atheist, you don’t revere our ultimate supreme leader. We crucify those who don’t worship the great leader and force their family to dig their own graves.
Shrek may or may not have killed three hundred million people
tl;dr - after nuclear war, corrupt oligarchical hellhole emerges. ogre leads revolution, kills oligarchs after civil war, improves quality of life with progressive social policies and industrialization. couple foreign invasions, assassination attempts, personal losses, and rebellions later, ogre goes psychotic and kills anyone he’s sus of. then a fascist midget invades and kills third of the population, ogre manages to defeat him but goes completely bonkers.
now we got a hyper-totalitarian hyper-militaristic industrial hive-mind quasi-slave state that the ogre 70 years ago would be horrified at
pro: communism, progressivism, national liberation, internationalism
anti: capitalism, imperialism, fascism, conservatism

Roegerland
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Roegerland » Sun May 10, 2020 8:46 am

Depends who you say it to, though the most common response might be something along the lines of "Oh right, okay"
✸✸✸✸✸

Starrden
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 22, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Starrden » Sun May 10, 2020 8:48 am

“Eh. Whatever.”
Fedaral Republic mo Slons i Ragan - Long Live the Federal Republic of Starrden
NS Stats are neither alive or dead, yet instead in a state of eternal limbo, constantly enduring a existence of torture and horrific pain, but deliberately prevented from experiencing the sweet release of death and whatever comes after.
All views expressed by my nation are not my own
She/Her
00111010 00110011

Revolutionary Arkania
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionary Arkania » Sun May 10, 2020 10:39 am

Most people wouldn't care. The traditionalist faction of the Eternal Revolution Party would try to crucify you on the next rainy night. Perhaps, if you fit other aspects, some factions of the ERP would invite you to join the party.
Last edited by Revolutionary Arkania on Sun May 10, 2020 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revolutionary State of Arkania
A rump state formed from the ashes of a European superpower, led by an unstable alliance of 4channers, red-pilled youngsters, and incels.
Overview | The President
Fortuna Chronicles: Feminist protest ruined by the police, ends with 47 people arrested. | Legalization of opposition parties to be voted by the Congress next Tuesday.

Skillvio
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skillvio » Sun May 10, 2020 1:33 pm

Other than the elderly or rural, poor folk, Albans are not very religious--if at all. A majority subscribe to the Church of Alba, but most parishioners don't attend services regularly. You would encounter little resistance or judgment.

Watchelan
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Watchelan » Sun May 10, 2020 1:41 pm

"As opposed to what? ... Keep your voice down, son."

Penguin Union Nation
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2007
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Penguin Union Nation » Sun May 10, 2020 4:17 pm

Someone would say, “What do you want, a medal?”

Dzigerski
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dzigerski » Sun May 10, 2020 11:20 pm

You would probably get some dirty looks here or there from the older folks but nothing much would really happen.
Last edited by Dzigerski on Sun May 10, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You thought I was dead, but I’m back, and more powerful than ever.
We’ll destroy your military

The Municipalities of Antarctica
Secretary

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Municipalities of Antarctica » Sun May 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Very few, if any, would care at all. Those who do care, would be those scolding you for focusing on that instead of survival in this bleak place.
~ The Stalwart Federation of Antarctic Municipalities. ~
A concoction of bureaucratic complexity, frigid weather, and occasional disasters. Managed by an Administrative Governorship and an unstable Representative Council.
Current Year: 2022 AD.
This nation does not represent my Political or personal views, not entirely. It does, however, use most NS stats. Normal canon also assumes a mostly-normal Earth.
Take everything said on this account with a grain of salt, most of it is uninformed. Also never happy with anything, constantly reworking and reformatting.
Typical activity times go from 7-9 AM to 10-12 PM MST (UTC-7). If you want me to react to you, please be aware of this timing. Proud Member of The Pacific.

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

If you said that you are an atheist in your nation?

Postby Deacarsia » Sun May 10, 2020 11:28 pm

You would be deported.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

South Acren
Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby South Acren » Sun May 10, 2020 11:30 pm

Depending what Universe your in, its either a stoning, a burning at the stake, forced conscription, or prison time. Worst that could happen would you would be sent to meet one of the Horsemen themselves, and I have yet to have someone return from THOSE meetings.
Last edited by South Acren on Sun May 10, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Gott Mit Uns!"
.....begin transmission

Be not afraid. We now acknowledge your existence. You are now under protection of The Eternal Empire. We will guard you with our lives forevermore. Pray you never give us a reason to revoke it.
Imperium Aeterna, Empire Eternal

The Sladerstan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sladerstan » Sun May 10, 2020 11:31 pm

A Creation Scientist may hear you and try to logically explain the existence of God (our Scientists are mostly Creationist) but, if you're lucky no one will even care but probably just ignore you. Unless you started cursing God and saying blasphemous things, then people will get angry.

Kafair
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Sun May 10, 2020 11:35 pm

You'll enjoy our wonderful religious training centers and all the copies of The Flare Scroll you could imagine!

So its better to just keep that to yourself, yah
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx
"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech
I SUPPORT THE USE OF SWORDS IN MY MILITARY, DEAL WITH IT
The first president of the Azure Watester Federation! Join today!
NS Stats? Dont make me laugh!
NationStates Flag Bracket - 5th place!

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Mon May 11, 2020 5:44 am

Something similar to:"...And?" or "It's not my business" or "I don't care".

Kantani Civilisation
Secretary

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kantani Civilisation » Mon May 11, 2020 4:12 pm

People would probably look at you awkwardly and wonder why, but it's not illegal or anything.
A primarily PT to MT nation.
Mixture of the aesthetics of Ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia with a conlang and a conculture based around lots of water.
'Kantani Civilisation' is not the official name of the state. That's just a placeholder so that, if and when the dynasty changes, I can change the Kingdom name to match.
The Satavakal Kingdom
of
the Kantani
22M, gay, commie, Australian, history teacher (in training), overly dramatic, extremely obnoxious.

Talitoa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Talitoa » Mon May 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Nobody would really have a problem, unless you started to denounce it. People here think religion is a thing people can decide for themselves and can be a good thing.
[align=]Hey there, it's Talitoa, and I'm ready to dance.[/align]

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Mon May 11, 2020 10:08 pm

people won't care
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Mon May 11, 2020 10:10 pm

Nothing because of religious freedoms and the fact that 47% of Monsonians are atheist.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Mon May 11, 2020 10:14 pm

You would get a few stares from people if you said it out loud and would just move along. While Aeritai's population is mostly Christian being a atheist here is not punishable.
Last edited by Aeritai on Mon May 11, 2020 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

White Sun
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby White Sun » Tue May 12, 2020 5:25 am

At best, you'd get a shrug from passers by.
The White Sun Empire
"智徳俊英"
Kiyonai Chronicler
First Fleet Week since before the Proteus Event to take place on schedule | The Week in Pictures

Accipitridia
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 24, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Accipitridia » Tue May 12, 2020 5:30 am

The people of Accipitridia would honestly not care. They have better things to do other than punish people for their beliefs.

Gnollrike
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Gnollrike » Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 am

Depends... are you a rich atheist?
Last edited by Gnollrike on Tue May 12, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Tue May 12, 2020 7:27 am

Almost everyone would agree with you, and the ones who aren’t atheist, aren’t religious enough to make a fuss about it.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information