NATION

PASSWORD

Awake in Prefeton (Superpowers Char RP|IC, Signup, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat May 09, 2020 7:57 pm

The beach
Kristen Lane

Their group was divided. Some that she knew were going with the man who for almost all her life, she had known as Principal Tefford, and now was some kind of secret agent type. Some were clearly wanting to stay - like Reagan, who took off before anyone could stop her. "What's her problem?" thought Kristen after hearing her outburst. She had thought about chasing her down with her jet speed ("And that's actually a cool nickname for me... 'Jetspeed!' Has a nice ring!" as the thought came to her mind). But then Allison literally punched through a tree (!) and had another outburst. Things were happening too fast, and she had a very important decision to make. Her first thought had been to stay. But now?

Fegun wrote:Marcel

Marcel didn’t know how he felt about Kalos after that mental attack he had. On one hand, he found himself apathetic to the boy on a personal level but as a human being, he couldn’t help but cringe in sympathy breakdown. The tall teen was almost glad he put a little more faith into Ascot than other s had but then Tefford came, hell all that guessing and paranoia even sounded real. When Kristen sidled up near him to whisper in his ear he still felt pretty confident in helping everyone else get off this island. “Yeah, but we can do this, there’s all of us right. Something out of a dumb book…” He paused as his expectations for his new somewhat friends were Stomped on, shot, and quite literally shouted over as his old doubt crept up with each presented argument.

He groaned in disappointment and surrender putting his face in down into his chest missing his hands more than anything at that moment. Allison wanted stay, he had to just trust Maurice’s word, Tefford was being even more curt and vague. Was this always how it was going to be needless risk over the smallest amount of evidence that they had. Hell, he knew Maurice but he didn’t know him, he didn’t know any of these people in any true intimacy. All he had to rely on powers was Kristen and that was because she was just a kind soul willing to look past his bad habits and mediocre tendencies.

If he didn’t leave he’d feel guilty about what he knew happened at that ball for not listening to the various obvious warning signs. But to up and leave with a bunch of teens and his principal well Marcel didn’t really want to repeat what got him to Preferton in the first place. He really wanted to disappear then he wouldn’t have to make this decision. He fell on his back letting the grass really rustle against his back, Damn, I couldn’t even keep my convictions for a minute. He shut his eyes and scrunched his face in concentration hoping maybe he’d get some extra power to just be gone. But all he managed was a lighter feeling and now legs dwindling with the air the smoke. He looked up at Kristen with a pained grin, “we’re gonna fuckin die aren’t we?”

Marcel was right. They were most likely to die. She tilted her neck to look up at the tall boy and grimaced. "What if we do die if we stay here?" At first she had been thinking she'd just stay home, ignore what had been happening and try to salvage the rest of a normal high school career. But something about Allison's outburst and the reactions afterwards to made her reconsider. It's not like there were going to be any competitions any time in the near future. And it's not like she'd be able to use her jets on the track, without being disqualified immediately and having the police - or worse, the army - begin investigations into her.

Again to Marcel, Kristen said, "At first I was thinking I should stay. But now? I'm almost thinking we should go. For a lot of reasons. First, what if all of this is true, and our lives are in danger? I don't want to die. And it's not always the easiest for me to keep my exhaust pipes in me when I run, so that would be a clear give-away and could get the wrong people noticing. So hear me out. Whoever works with Mr. Tefford might know something about powers. They could help me with my exhaust pipes, and most especially, they could help you train yours. How about we go and get the equipment from Mr. Tefford?"

And Kristen stood up, heading over to where the equipment was being handed out.

Rashaad Pennel

He had to admit it. Having Allison lose her cool and destroy the tree had been something pretty cool to watch. He wished he had a video of it, but that wasn't the kind of thing that would help if someone saw it. And the reaction Atalia had was certainly nice, when she put her hand on his leg before going to talk to her friend, since it was practically on his thigh. The touch felt good. Adventurous and good at the same time. He smiled, not able to help himself.

While she was gone, Rashaad tried to sort out his options. He was on the fence. There were benefits of staying, and benefits of going. First, was the benefit of staying alive - if this whole thing were true, and that was a big if seeing how their only knowledge of it came from a guy who was an obvious mental case and saw visions or something. But if it were true? Shouldn't he go?

But on the other side, Rashaad still had the advantage no one else did. His father. If the military really was trying to kill them, surely Dad would stop it. They wouldn't let them kill his own son. Right? And if he did go, that would probably direct the military's attention even more to track him down. Would he be endangering the lives of everyone else if he did go?

Maybe it was a bit of denial. Maybe it was a lot of naivety. Maybe it was the fact that he had lost his legs when he was 8 in a car accident, and it took a lot to scare him. But as it was? He didn't want to risk anyone else's life - certainly not Atalia's. But anyone else's, too. So he came to a decision, speaking to no one in particular.

"I think I'm going to stay."
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Sat May 09, 2020 10:57 pm

The Brothers Sapohznik

Nikolai had spoken to Allison as she entered into a severely impaired emotional state, but it seemed that she did not register his words. The heavily muscled woman would then proceed without warning to pummel a nearby tree to splinters. Nikolai watched as she sat down on a log, trying hard not to look like she was crying, but he knew well enough that he was fully aware that she was indeed weeping; mourning that her days as a kickboxer were over; she would never fight in the ring again as she would be far too powerful for literally anyone on the planet right now... unless if they too had strength powers.

"That didn't go well, I see.", Nikita "Sasha" said as he approached his brother, who was standing helplessly as the snow piled down upon his head like pepper from a grinder. "So?"

"I think it's best to leave her be for now...", Nikolai answered as he brushed the snow off his ushanka. "It does look like Cecil and Atalia have it all sorted out."

Nikita nodded. "So, what say you? Do we go now...?"

"Indeed, we should.", Nikolai replied. "We have many preparations to do, Koala."

Nikita scratched his head. "I'll miss Pietro..."

"Who said we're leaving the cat behind, brother?"

"Hmmmm... no one."

Talchyon wrote:"I think I'm going to stay."

Just as Nikolai and Nikita were about to leave the area to get back to their house, they both heard Rashaad saying that he would stay in this island. The same island where nothing seemed to be right anymore.

With a snappy motion, Nikolai stooped his upper body to look right at Rashaad's own eyes. He had this piercing gaze that would seem to go right into one's own soul. His expression was neutral, as if there wasn't anything to feel.

After a moment of the piercing stare, his mouth slowly creased into a smirk as he chuckled with great casualness. "I see.", Nikolai nodded. "In that case, can you ask your dad about... I don't know, strange things happening on this island?"

Nikolai winked at the chair bound as he stood right up. "And do contact us when you find something out... can you?"

They haven't had the best interactions, but it was clear that Nikolai was in a good mood at the moment.
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Sun May 10, 2020 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Fegun
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fegun » Sat May 09, 2020 11:32 pm

Marcel
Talchyon wrote:The beach
Kristen Lane

[spoiler=Should I stay or should I go]

Marcel didn’t know how he felt about Kalos after that mental attack he had. On one hand, he found himself apathetic to the boy on a personal level but as a human being, he couldn’t help but cringe in sympathy breakdown. The tall teen was almost glad he put a little more faith into Ascot than other s had but then Tefford came, hell all that guessing and paranoia even sounded real. When Kristen sidled up near him to whisper in his ear he still felt pretty confident in helping everyone else get off this island. “Yeah, but we can do this, there’s all of us right. Something out of a dumb book…” He paused as his expectations for his new somewhat friends were Stomped on, shot, and quite literally shouted over as his old doubt crept up with each presented argument.

He groaned in disappointment and surrender putting his face in down into his chest missing his hands more than anything at that moment. Allison wanted stay, he had to just trust Maurice’s word, Tefford was being even more curt and vague. Was this always how it was going to be needless risk over the smallest amount of evidence that they had. Hell, he knew Maurice but he didn’t know him, he didn’t know any of these people in any true intimacy. All he had to rely on powers was Kristen and that was because she was just a kind soul willing to look past his bad habits and mediocre tendencies.

If he didn’t leave he’d feel guilty about what he knew happened at that ball for not listening to the various obvious warning signs. But to up and leave with a bunch of teens and his principal well Marcel didn’t really want to repeat what got him to Preferton in the first place. He really wanted to disappear then he wouldn’t have to make this decision. He fell on his back letting the grass really rustle against his back, Damn, I couldn’t even keep my convictions for a minute. He shut his eyes and scrunched his face in concentration hoping maybe he’d get some extra power to just be gone. But all he managed was a lighter feeling and now legs dwindling with the air the smoke. He looked up at Kristen with a pained grin, “we’re gonna fuckin die aren’t we?”

Marcel was right. They were most likely to die. She tilted her neck to look up at the tall boy and grimaced. "What if we do die if we stay here?" At first she had been thinking she'd just stay home, ignore what had been happening and try to salvage the rest of a normal high school career. But something about Allison's outburst and the reactions afterwards to made her reconsider. It's not like there were going to be any competitions any time in the near future. And it's not like she'd be able to use her jets on the track, without being disqualified immediately and having the police - or worse, the army - begin investigations into her.

Again to Marcel, Kristen said, "At first I was thinking I should stay. But now? I'm almost thinking we should go. For a lot of reasons. First, what if all of this is true, and our lives are in danger? I don't want to die. And it's not always the easiest for me to keep my exhaust pipes in me when I run, so that would be a clear give-away and could get the wrong people noticing. So hear me out. Whoever works with Mr. Tefford might know something about powers. They could help me with my exhaust pipes, and most especially, they could help you train yours. How about we go and get the equipment from Mr. Tefford?"

And Kristen stood up, heading over to where the equipment was being handed out.
[/spoiler]

“I-wait a minute!” Marcel stabilized his diminishing legs and wobbled after Kristen. “I get what you’re saying but we’re risking death just by trying to get off this island…” He paused trying to come up with sound doubts but they only leveled to ‘what ifs’ and ‘why nots’. Yeah, that was frustrating, the whole crappy bag of what-ifs. Kristen was right a lot of them were about leaving. They couldn’t just stay here with uncontrolled powers and something big just beyond the curtains. “I mean you right. Yeah, I Just…I don’t know if I can rationalize this decision right now. I mean I was just supposed to come here live with my uncle the go back to my parents once my grades and shit were in order.” His eyes drifted down between her arms and his missing arms. Nothing would ever be the same, would it?

“Maybe I’m trippin on the idea but my mind knows I can’t stay. My heart it just ain’t goin wit’ me where it needs to go,” He sighed trying to kick at the ground to pack down his rising nervousness. “Not to be weird but like even if the group tweaks out. We’ll have each other’s back right, like tight friends, no matter what?” Marcel swallowed the dryness down with his sheepish attitude that wanted to seep into his words. He felt so childish and insecure knowing that he didn’t really need to ask about being friends but nonetheless needed the comfort, the assurance. He needed something to make his decision have value and he hoped that this would be it.
Some people put something smart, some people put something snarky, some might use it for the message, some might use it for their ads, but not me says instead i'll put this here because I could not think of something original to write.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sun May 10, 2020 8:04 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Atalia Bayer

Atalia had stayed silent through the exchange. She wanted to go, but if Rashaad and Allison were staying, she wasn't going to budge. Sticking with her friends was more important. When Allison took off she got up, patting Rashaad on the leg, "I'll be back in a moment; I need to make sure Allison is okay."

She took off after the other girl, though the short delay had apparently let Cecil get their first, "Hey," she said. She almost added 'I've got it from here', but that sounded a bit rude when someone had come in to try to help her friend, so she left it at 'hey' and then turned her full attention to Allison, "So I couldn't let you run off looking upset after all the time and effort you've put into making me feel okay about myself again. So from where I'm sitting, I don't think any advantages you have in competitions are unfair. You might need to ham it up a little to keep people from getting suspicious, but I don't think there's any reason you can't compete in the Nationals. It's not like I'm going to stop doing archery."

That was the closest she'd come to admitting she had powers to anyone but Allison and Rashaad, "You know, it would probably be more suspicious if you suddenly stopped competing in stuff. If you weren't always competing in things and winning it would be like you aren't you anymore."

Tefford

Tefford stopped by his car, a black buick that he kept immaculately polished, "Alright, I'm glad to have you lot with me, but kids, you need to calm down a bit and come at things rationally."

"You're too young for the X-Files," he added, "But nobody listed to Fox Mulder. So telling people things like I've been at the school since time immemorial, when you only need to look at the old school photos in the office to know that isn't correct, doesn't help convince people that leaving the island is a good idea."

"Also," he added, "You can all stop calling me 'Everyman'. That's just a code name like 'The Scarlet Pimpernel', 'Agent K' or '007'. You can call me Tefford. I'm just John Tefford... though I could also be 'Tobias Scott'. This is all very confusing."

"Now, that being said," he glowered in the direction of the people who hadn't left the meeting, "I don't want to stick around here longer than I have to. Do you think anyone else is coming?"

Due to Allison's anger and swirling thoughts and doubts, she didn't understand what Cecil was talking about. She didn't know what dysphoria had to do with any of them, being completely obvious to what Cecil was. Still, his words of encouragement did seem to cheer Allison up a bit even if she still looked pissed. He offered alternative ways to use her powers. His comment about people paying money to see her take on a monster truck was amusing. She kind of half heartily imagine herself in an arena combating and monster truck. Needless to say, Allison liked the idea.

Atalia, on the other hand, suggested that Allison continue to compete professionally, although hold back some. Allison would have to " ham" it up for the crowd, faking possible injury due to her durability. Even though Allison wasn't too keen on doing what she would describe as cheating, the idea of still being able to compete made her feel better. Maybe Atalia was right, maybe there was still hope that she can still fight in the UFC. That though alone made Allison perk up a bit, though she still looked glum. Allison was appreciative of the two going out of their way to make her feel better.

Allison walked up to Atalia and Cecil and wrapped her arms around the two and brought them into a big hug. " Thank you, I needed that. Allison whispered before letting them go. She seemed to be in a better mood, having let off some steam with the yelling and punching the tree. " Now don't anyone I was crying or I'll crush you." Allison added jokingly to them, a huge smile on her face.

" So...do we go with the others or stay? I don't know we would go, but my grandpa lives in Augusta. I'm sure he would let us stay at his Club's place." Allison asked Atalia.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 am

Harper Holiday

After a while of being away, Harper started to get homesick. At first it was somewhat enjoyable, living alone. He could do whatever the hell he wanted and eat whatever he wanted. But he soon found himself tiring of it. It sucked to be sleeping on some wood with sheets over it, and it sucked eating out of tins everyday. He started to long for home-cooked meals again, and the warmth of his cozy bedroom (though this is referring more to emotional warmth than physical).

One morning while sat on a rock, Harper looked over the waves as the sun came up. He had in his hand some tinned tuna fish which he was eating with a plastic frog spoon. Surrounding him were about two hundred crabs, watching him silently.

"What?" Harper yelled, spreading his arms out. He noticed that their movements followed the can of fish bits. "Oh, this?" he pointed at the can. He didn't wait for an answer, and tipped it onto the pebbled shore, starting a feeding frenzy. While the crabs were occupied, Harper went back to his tug hide-out and ducked into the massive hole in its side. He couldn't stay here much longer, nice as it was. He was going home. And so he started packing up, stuffing all his clothes and sheets into his bag.

He sighed loudly as he thought about what he was going to say. How he was going to explain what he did and why. It would be a mess. But he couldn't live out here forever. Though by honing his powers and spending time in the sea, he'd fallen more deeply in love with it, he just couldn't do it this way.

That very afternoon, Harper left the beach. But not before he opened all the remaining tins he had and feeding it to his crab friends. That way they didn't follow him up the beach and into town.

Returning to Prefeton, Harper took to sneaking. He didn't want attention so early on, especially since he saw several posters of him in shop windows and some of the lampposts down main street. He didn't consider that it'd be this bad, and that made him feel a lot more nervous. He thought for sure he would be in a lot of trouble for vanishing like he did.

Harper left the beach feeling a lot more confident thanks to his powers. He felt like he had a chance to protect his grandparents and friends and himself. But this situation made him feel terribly small. Part of him was pulling him back, towards the coast. But the other part argued that he couldn't bear the loneliness for much longer, and that it seemed nothing bad was happening after all. Everything seemed rather normal. Of course there was no telling if that normalcy was going to last, but Harper was willing to ignore that thought for now, for a bit of comfort.

Back home, Harper quietly steps in to find that his grandfather is out.. Probably fishing. His grandmother was home though, because no light would ever be on if she wasn't. Sure enough, Harper hears her in the kitchen, washing the dishes. He walks into the doorway and just stands there for a bit, not knowing what to say, but finally squeezes out some words..

"Grandma.. I'm.. Home.."

Harper's grandmother freezes and she drops a plate she was washing with a loud clang. She turns to him slowly, a mix of terror and disbelief on her face. It was as if she thought he was a ghost. But once she was fully facing him, she swooped in and gave him a hug. A hug that soon gave way to tears as Harper apologized profusely and his grandmother shushing him. Upon hearing of Harper's return, his grandfather rushed home too for the reunion. He wasn't as tearful, and was more worried, constantly asking if Harper was hurt at all.

After all that, it was really just a matter of explaining why Harper had left. They knew he did it willingly because of all the stuff he'd taken out of the house. He was quiet for a little bit, wanting to tell the truth. In the end though, he decided to continue hiding his abilities, suddenly becoming aware of the possible dangers that might come with it once more. Nonetheless, his brief and broken explanation was enough for his grandparents. They were just happy to have him back home, safe and sound...

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun May 17, 2020 3:38 pm

Atalia Bayer

Nachfolgia wrote:

Allison walked up to Atalia and Cecil and wrapped her arms around the two and brought them into a big hug. " Thank you, I needed that. Allison whispered before letting them go. She seemed to be in a better mood, having let off some steam with the yelling and punching the tree. " Now don't anyone I was crying or I'll crush you." Allison added jokingly to them, a huge smile on her face.

" So...do we go with the others or stay? I don't know we would go, but my grandpa lives in Augusta. I'm sure he would let us stay at his Club's place." Allison asked Atalia.

"I saw nothing," Atalia replied seriously, though there was a slight gleam in her eye that suggested a joke was on it's way... she rubbed her ribs, "Though, honestly, I'm more worried you'll crush me by accident. Or open a door a bit too fast and knock all my teeth out."

She began to set off back in the direction they had come, content that Allison would follow her, though she grimaced at the talk of staying or going, "I'm kinda in favour of going," she said, "But not so much that it means I'm going to leave Rashaad and I got the impression that you were in favour of staying as well. I mean, how do we even start trying to make heads or tails of all of this stuff. Some of us have demonstrable super-powers, but it doesn't mean every dream or every experience you have is evidence of something supernatural going on. All we really know is that some strange stuff has happened and some mysterious people want us off the island. Does Maurice know if they want to harm us or protect us?" she shrugged, "Flip a coin. Its not clear what the right choice is."

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon May 18, 2020 5:59 pm

The beach meeting
Rashaad Pennel

His mind was made up, but he wished it didn't have to be. When some people are on the fence on a topic, and they come to one of the two sides, they jump in with both feet and go full gusto into their decision, damn the consequences. The analogy for Rashaad, however, was like he had been on the fence, and now was on the one side, but still clinging to the fence and not wanting to touch the ground.

But he couldn't go. His dad would get his military buddies to help track him. He'd be putting the lives of everyone here in danger. And that meant Atalia, if she was going - which, he couldn't tell one way or the other based on the body language she and Allison were showing to each other.

Rashaad realized he must have spoken his decision out loud when Batski and Robyev, the Commie Twins, stopped on their way to get the communication tech supplies.

Europa Undivided wrote:
The Brothers Sapohznik

Just as Nikolai and Nikita were about to leave the area to get back to their house, they both heard Rashaad saying that he would stay in this island. The same island where nothing seemed to be right anymore.

With a snappy motion, Nikolai stooped his upper body to look right at Rashaad's own eyes. He had this piercing gaze that would seem to go right into one's own soul. His expression was neutral, as if there wasn't anything to feel.

After a moment of the piercing stare, his mouth slowly creased into a smirk as he chuckled with great casualness. "I see.", Nikolai nodded. "In that case, can you ask your dad about... I don't know, strange things happening on this island?"

Nikolai winked at the chair bound as he stood right up. "And do contact us when you find something out... can you?"

They haven't had the best interactions, but it was clear that Nikolai was in a good mood at the moment.

Nikolai's expression left a lot to be desired. While he was gazing at Rashaad with a coldness that could mirror his ice ability, Rashaad just stared back, with his eyes open and a no-nonsense look. "Yeah, yeah, I'll ask my dad. How you want me to contact you, I don't know since I don't have your phone number, but whatever, man."

Kristen Lane

Marcel was scared. That was easy enough to see. But things weren't safe there. There was no chance of going back to her old life. Others had made that perfectly clear to Allison when they told her she wouldn't be able to compete again. Kristen knew the feeling. It's not like she'd be allowed to go all jetspeed with her exhaust pipes behind her as she was running 8 times faster than everyone else. And that was on top of everything else that had happened this year. Her friends turning against her. Her increasing sorry at their lack of understanding. That constant feeling like there was no way she could ever be normal again.

Yeah, it was definitely time to go.

“I-wait a minute!” Marcel stabilized his diminishing legs and wobbled after Kristen. “I get what you’re saying but we’re risking death just by trying to get off this island…” He paused trying to come up with sound doubts but they only leveled to ‘what ifs’ and ‘why nots’. Yeah, that was frustrating, the whole crappy bag of what-ifs. Kristen was right a lot of them were about leaving. They couldn’t just stay here with uncontrolled powers and something big just beyond the curtains. “I mean you right. Yeah, I Just…I don’t know if I can rationalize this decision right now. I mean I was just supposed to come here live with my uncle the go back to my parents once my grades and shit were in order.” His eyes drifted down between her arms and his missing arms. Nothing would ever be the same, would it?

“Maybe I’m trippin on the idea but my mind knows I can’t stay. My heart it just ain’t goin wit’ me where it needs to go,” He sighed trying to kick at the ground to pack down his rising nervousness. “Not to be weird but like even if the group tweaks out. We’ll have each other’s back right, like tight friends, no matter what?” Marcel swallowed the dryness down with his sheepish attitude that wanted to seep into his words. He felt so childish and insecure knowing that he didn’t really need to ask about being friends but nonetheless needed the comfort, the assurance. He needed something to make his decision have value and he hoped that this would be it.

Kristen, on her way to the equipment, turned around. Poor Marcel. "Of course, Marcel. We have to look out for each other. But come on! We need to get the equipment before our chance is gone."

Kristen then went over to Mr. Tefford - at least, the man who answered sometimes to that name now. ("Hard to believe that man is the principal I went to my freshman year after getting in that argument in class with Marcia!") And she got equipped with the tech, planning how she was going to keep this hidden from her Mom. Not that Kristen expected it to be that hard. Mom wasn't very clued all the time as to what was going on. She always seemed hassled. But it was familiar, and Kristen respected her all the same for working to support them both. She was at least more honest than her dad, who always seemed like he wanted to buy his way back into her heart.
Last edited by Talchyon on Mon May 18, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Mon May 18, 2020 8:04 pm

Batski and Robyev

Nikolai slowly nodded at Rashaad before creasing his mouth into a smile. "Good for you...", he said as he pulled out his phone. He reached out his hand to drag the nearby log so that he would be able to sit beside the chairbound boy. "Here's my number...", Nikolai went on as he flashed his own (new and previously totally unused) phone number for Rashaad to see. After Rashaad put him in his contacts, Nikolai continued to fiddle with his phone.

Nikolai continued speaking with a warmth in his voice that Rashaad could have never imagined for him to have towards him, especially after the not very subtle threat the Russian boy gave back in the diner. "Obviously, we can't make our communications obvious to whoever wants to bring us harm... Nikita you got some paper?"

"Right, right.", Nikita nodded quickly as he took out his notebook and tore off one sheet from its rings. He handed it to his brother, who quickly began to scribble on it with a pen.

"So, we'll need coded messages as I have every reason to believe that communications are being tracked..."

As Rashaad looked on, Nikolai made his first writings, which were surprisingly legible instead of the usual chicken scratch that he makes. "If he knows something but is not directly involved, send 'Hammer.' If he doesn't know a thing about the stranger things, send 'Screw'. And if he is directly involved, which I hope is not true in any capacity, send 'Nuts.'"

He would go on for a few more moments before finishing. "And, finally, if you are certain that your life, along with that of any others that chose to remain, to be endangered, send 'F'."

"And remember.", Nikita said in turn to Rashaad. "Never put this on your phone or any other electricity device. Better yet, memorize it before destroying it. But, only if you are sure that you can remember all of this, which I doubt..."

Nikolai nodded. "One last thing, by the way. Uh... sorry about the dagger thing. You know, I'm just moody..."

He sniffled; it was unclear if that was because of the weather or something else. "Take care, man." Nikolai then stood up from the log and momentarily placed a hand on Rashaad's head with unimaginable gentleness before heading out.

Nikita stayed on for a bit, looking at Rashaad. "You know,", Nikita began. "Nikolai is a very swell, sweet dude with a bit too much of moodiness and anxiety. If you think that what he just did was wierd, think again. That's his normal self. He's a loyal friend. You'll be lucky to have him."

With that, Nikita turned away to follow his brother home.

There is much to prepare for.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis

Fegun
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fegun » Mon May 18, 2020 11:24 pm

Talchyon wrote:The beach meeting

[b]Kristen Lane

Marcel was scared. That was easy enough to see. But things weren't safe there. There was no chance of going back to her old life. Others had made that perfectly clear to Allison when they told her she wouldn't be able to compete again. Kristen knew the feeling. It's not like she'd be allowed to go all jetspeed with her exhaust pipes behind her as she was running 8 times faster than everyone else. And that was on top of everything else that had happened this year. Her friends turning against her. Her increasing sorry at their lack of understanding. That constant feeling like there was no way she could ever be normal again.

Yeah, it was definitely time to go.

Kristen, on her way to the equipment, turned around. Poor Marcel. "Of course, Marcel. We have to look out for each other. But come on! We need to get the equipment before our chance is gone."

Kristen then went over to Mr. Tefford - at least, the man who answered sometimes to that name now. ("Hard to believe that man is the principal I went to my freshman year after getting in that argument in class with Marcia!") And she got equipped with the tech, planning how she was going to keep this hidden from her Mom. Not that Kristen expected it to be that hard. Mom wasn't very clued all the time as to what was going on. She always seemed hassled. But it was familiar, and Kristen respected her all the same for working to support them both. She was at least more honest than her dad, who always seemed like he wanted to buy his way back into her heart.

Marcel

Marcel didn't know the answer he was looking for when he asked his question completely. Well, he had an idea but she had answered exactly how he theoretically wanted her too. She urged him forward and 'said they would look out for each other' nothing more nothing less and quick but no less strong assurance. So why did he feel somewhat disappointed? Even as he stewed in his thought while following a good distance behind Kristen he couldn't put his finger on it.

Eventually, he figured if he himself didn't know then why did it matter his decision was made. So he tried not to slog too much in his step nor lower his back in an attempt to look shorter because he had a mostly clear goal. More importantly, he had guaranteed support and he didn't want to lose it by dragging them both down. It was one thing to avoid trouble for himself but he'd be damned if he'd leave Kristen out to dry. After all everyone teen here had to make this hard decision to stay or go. Once he got to Tefford his immediate thought was tired the man looked. this situation isn't fair to anybody, he shook his head before trying to reach for the tech and realized oh yeah he still had no arms. "Hey Kris, could'ya mm..." He gestured to with his missing arms to Tefford's equipment. "Sorry for being high maintenance right now." He chuckled awkwardly and had a troubling thought of why he felt disappointed but he would stow that away for later.
---------------------------------------------------
Kalos
Kalos finally came out of his shocked stupor after his episode with palpable anxiety. He stayed silent as collected himself from the spot Ascot had pulled him holding onto his robe and shielding his eyes from the fire with his hat. The cone of it started to cave in as his fingers shakily held the hat toward the side of his face in necessity. Things were still moving here and there the animals still trilled far too close to his ears but he could make out everyone around him. He didn't know what anyone was doing at all but he would manage he would figure it out. He'd never been so scared in his life but at the same time, he never felt so wounded in his pride in himself in his magic. Ah but it really wasn't it was just the voices that are magic, "He knows" "He knows?" "No, he doesn't you're all fools. it's all magic," "Maybe his grandmother was right about the medication he can't be trusted," "But he knows isn't that great?" "knows what?" "Knows nothing HE KNOWS-" Kalos smacked his head on a nearby tree drowning out each voice with a thud before it could get out of hand again. He felt the pain of reality run down his forehead in warm comfort with a triumphant nod. Now to find out what was going on and why the audience was thinning out.
Some people put something smart, some people put something snarky, some might use it for the message, some might use it for their ads, but not me says instead i'll put this here because I could not think of something original to write.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Tue May 19, 2020 5:04 am

Nachfolgia wrote:

"I saw nothing," Atalia replied seriously, though there was a slight gleam in her eye that suggested a joke was on it's way... she rubbed her ribs, "Though, honestly, I'm more worried you'll crush me by accident. Or open a door a bit too fast and knock all my teeth out."

She began to set off back in the direction they had come, content that Allison would follow her, though she grimaced at the talk of staying or going, "I'm kinda in favour of going," she said, "But not so much that it means I'm going to leave Rashaad and I got the impression that you were in favour of staying as well. I mean, how do we even start trying to make heads or tails of all of this stuff. Some of us have demonstrable super-powers, but it doesn't mean every dream or every experience you have is evidence of something supernatural going on. All we really know is that some strange stuff has happened and some mysterious people want us off the island. Does Maurice know if they want to harm us or protect us?" she shrugged, "Flip a coin. Its not clear what the right choice is."

Allison followed Atalia back to the fire. Her mind was now deep in thought. As much as she wanted to stay, deep down she knew it would not be a wise choice. Not only did she suddenly not have a future here in the MMA world, Allison also had to worry about the military if she stayed. Knowing the people she knew in her Grandpa's motorcycle club, Allison learned early that a target on the move is harder to catch. If she stayed, she would be an easy target.

Her other thoughts went to her classmates. They might need her with them in case anything happened. Allison was their strongest fighter, emphasis on " strongest." If the group got into a fight or if something was blocking their way, she was the go to candidate to insure the group's survival.

Allison took a deep sigh before speaking, clearing her mind for what she was about to say.

" I...changed my mind. I think we should go with them." Allison continued, placing her hands on her hips.

" As the others have said, I don't exactly have a future in competition here. Besides...I feel like they might need us in case anything happens." Allison said, sad as she began to come to terms with not competing again.

Allison then switched back over to a smile, chuckling a bit at her next words.

" Who else is going to protect them if not me?" Allison said with a huge grin, her confidence showing once more. " We'll need you too. I'll need my BFF by my side as we kick ass.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Mon May 25, 2020 6:29 am

Atalia Bayer

Atalia looked between Allison and Rashaad. Well this was awkward, "You know I only said I'd stay because you two wanted to." she confessed. Not that that had probably been too hard to figure out since she'd spoken in favour of leaving.

She looked between the pair of them again, chewing her lip uncertainly. Allison would recognise what was going on in the other girl's head; Atalia wanted to be friends with everyone and while she had cut herself off from the rest of the school, that instinct was still there when she was with people she trusted. She felt a strong bond to both Allison and Rashaad and didn't want to do anything that would upset either of them but this wasn't a situation where she could sit on the fence. Finally she ventured, "I think, whatever we decide to do, we should do it together. The last time there was a 'situation' I got badly hurt. I don't want that to happen again and I don't want that to happen to either of you."

"Most people seem to want to get on that boat," she added, "And I'm thinking if we go with them for now, there will be plenty of opportunities to bail out if it looks like we're on some fool's errand. Sure we might get yelled at for breaking quarantine or whatever, but if Mr T is right we might be in deep trouble if we don't go with him."

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon May 25, 2020 3:22 pm

The beach
Rashaad Pennel

Atalia looked between Allison and Rashaad. Well this was awkward, "You know I only said I'd stay because you two wanted to." she confessed. Not that that had probably been too hard to figure out since she'd spoken in favour of leaving.

She looked between the pair of them again, chewing her lip uncertainly. Allison would recognise what was going on in the other girl's head; Atalia wanted to be friends with everyone and while she had cut herself off from the rest of the school, that instinct was still there when she was with people she trusted. She felt a strong bond to both Allison and Rashaad and didn't want to do anything that would upset either of them but this wasn't a situation where she could sit on the fence. Finally she ventured, "I think, whatever we decide to do, we should do it together. The last time there was a 'situation' I got badly hurt. I don't want that to happen again and I don't want that to happen to either of you."

"Most people seem to want to get on that boat," she added, "And I'm thinking if we go with them for now, there will be plenty of opportunities to bail out if it looks like we're on some fool's errand. Sure we might get yelled at for breaking quarantine or whatever, but if Mr T is right we might be in deep trouble if we don't go with him."

Rashaad gulped. He had dreaded this moment too, but it had to come out.

"My father," he stammered, tripping over his tongue. "My dad - he's in the military. If I just up and leave, he'd get friends of his in the military to help track us down. I'd be putting a target on everybody else."

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Atalia Bayer

Talchyon wrote:The beach
Rashaad Pennel

Rashaad gulped. He had dreaded this moment too, but it had to come out.

"My father," he stammered, tripping over his tongue. "My dad - he's in the military. If I just up and leave, he'd get friends of his in the military to help track us down. I'd be putting a target on everybody else."

Atalia nodded along with that, then abruptly stopped, giving a wry smile, "Actually, Rash... you won't be."

"If there is some big conspiracy studying us, then we'll get a big target on us regardless of who your dad is," she explained, "A lot of us can do stuff that would be very valuable to a lot of people. If there is a shady cabal pulling the strings behind the scene then I imagine they will pull out all the stops to get us back. If there isn't and Tefford is leading us down the wrong path then the fact that your dad will invest resources in tracking you down is actually a good thing for anyone who leaves."

"I'm not trying to make you leave if you don't want to," she added hurriedly, "Just thought you should consider that."

John Tefford (or Tobias Scott): By his car

Tefford cast his eye across the assembled group. Anyone still on the beach would be staying behind. There didn't seem to be any more coming, "Alright, what I said about communication gear, that was a ruse," he confessed, holding up a hand to forestall any protests from the assembled students, "There are too many people involved in this. Someone is going to spill the beans on our departure time and get us caught and I'd say the most likely way for that to happen is someone who isn't that keen on the plan telling their parents. So we're actually leaving the island right now. I know you haven't had a chance to pack a change of clothes, a toothbrush or anything else, but unless it's life-or-death, I'd suggest you leave those things and get new ones on the mainland."

"We are going to take a fishing boat from the docks, so I need to know who knows how to pilot a boat?" he asked, letting the question hang for half a second before adding, "And I know that we don't have the keys, but I happen to know that the Harbour Master keeps spare keys to a lot of the boats in a safe behind his desk. Anyone here think they can get into a locked office and safe?"

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Ascot Rider

“I have entropic powers which can rot or rust away any nonliving substance, given time,” Ascot said to Tefford/Tobias, “If someone can get me into the harbor master’s room, then I can manage to bypass the safe’s locks and get the keys ‘manually’.”

He was a little pissed that they were going to leave the others behind, but realized the wisdom behind the ‘Principal’s’ decision.
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:16 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:"We are going to take a fishing boat from the docks, so I need to know who knows how to pilot a boat?"

At this question, Alyssa piped up. "I can." At least she hoped she did. A small fishing boat wasn't too hard, especially given how much they were used by the school's fishing club, but a larger commercial one might be a tall order. But the same ideas should apply, right?
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Now?!

Nikolai and Nikita shook their heads at the same time with the same speed and the same disbelieving expression on their more or less identical faces. Nikolai was then the first to speak after Alyssa said that she could pilot a fishing boat. "I'm sorry, 'now'? Did I hear that right?"

His brother shook his head before gazing towards the snowbound earth. "He didn't stutter, Volodya."

"Well, I had hoped to leave a letter of farewell to my, err, our parents and sister.", Nikolai said with a hint of sadness and disappointment in his voice. "But, fine. It's now or never then. It would be a smart move to get out as soon as possible. It's just... I didn't expect it to be this soon."

A moment of silence. "Volodya?"

"Yeah, Sasha?"

Nikita looked around, ascertaining that his question was going to make sense. "Where is Erika?"

"Oh crap, where is she? Didn't she leave ahead of us?"

Nikita placed his palm on his face, disappointed. "She really was on a hurry, huh. Call her with your old number, can you? She is definitely coming with us. She has nothing to lose."

His brother stuck his cane into the soft ground. "I'll do that, alright..."

Nikolai quickly excused himself to somewhere nearby as he proceeded to call their water bending friend. He look worried and stressed, though one can tell that he often felt this way as evidenced by the abundance of grey strands that stood in contrast with the rest of his brown hair.

As that went on, Nikita continued on the conversation with their Principal. "Alright, so we have someone that can break the locks and someone that can drive the boat. But we'll have to cover our tracks. I can do that, at least for a while."

Nikita scratched his head as several pairs of eyes went towards him. "If I can gain access to any one of the computers that are tethered to the cameras that are surveying the harbor, I could remove any footage that could incriminate us as the culprit of stealing the boat and replace it with a pre-recorded loop of a harbor that shows everything as absolutely normal. And in case anyone is wondering, I can also deal with the timestamp of the footage and..."

A pause. "The Harbor Master has the computer for the CCTVs in the office as well, right?"

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Connor Vale

"We will find out", Connor spoke up to Alyssa. "If you can drive a boat then I hope it is not hard since we do not have many options for a driver". He sounded a worried and the sudden change to the plan to leave right now left him feeling both rushed and sad. He wanted to spend more time with his family before leaving the island but, as Tefford put it. They may not get a chance since someone may tell others of their plan and ruin their chances of escaping to the mainland. So getting as fast as possible before they get caught was the only choice. And by the sounds it the two brothers got breaking in the safe and covering there tracks got that covered.
So all that leaves is waiting for this to start and they can leave this island.

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
"We are going to take a fishing boat from the docks, so I need to know who knows how to pilot a boat?" he asked, letting the question hang for half a second before adding, "And I know that we don't have the keys, but I happen to know that the Harbour Master keeps spare keys to a lot of the boats in a safe behind his desk. Anyone here think they can get into a locked office and safe?"

Jack Brekker

Jack took but a moment of pause at Tefford's announcement. He hadn't been expecting to leave, sure, but he figured it would have to happen eventually. He only regretted leaving his car. And his cat. And his rig. He realized he had a lot here, and for a moment he felt a twinge in his chest. He wondered if he'd ever be coming back. The thought passed quickly.

"Door lock's not a problem, I can get in quick. I'll leave the safe to Ascot," said Jack.
Pebis

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:45 am

Atalia nodded along with that, then abruptly stopped, giving a wry smile, "Actually, Rash... you won't be."

"If there is some big conspiracy studying us, then we'll get a big target on us regardless of who your dad is," she explained, "A lot of us can do stuff that would be very valuable to a lot of people. If there is a shady cabal pulling the strings behind the scene then I imagine they will pull out all the stops to get us back. If there isn't and Tefford is leading us down the wrong path then the fact that your dad will invest resources in tracking you down is actually a good thing for anyone who leaves."

"I'm not trying to make you leave if you don't want to," she added hurriedly, "Just thought you should consider that."

John Tefford (or Tobias Scott): By his car

Tefford cast his eye across the assembled group. Anyone still on the beach would be staying behind. There didn't seem to be any more coming, "Alright, what I said about communication gear, that was a ruse," he confessed, holding up a hand to forestall any protests from the assembled students, "There are too many people involved in this. Someone is going to spill the beans on our departure time and get us caught and I'd say the most likely way for that to happen is someone who isn't that keen on the plan telling their parents. So we're actually leaving the island right now. I know you haven't had a chance to pack a change of clothes, a toothbrush or anything else, but unless it's life-or-death, I'd suggest you leave those things and get new ones on the mainland."

" Any government goon that tries to find us will be in for a ride awakening. " Allison said as she punched the palm of her hand, the force of switch made a loud pop. She may not be able to fight professionally anymore, but she was still a fighter at heart.

" Anyway, I think we should get back with the others. Don't want them to leave without us." Allison said to the two before heading in that direction.

Allison quickly made it to the others who had gathered around Tefford's car. She stood next to Nikolai and placed a hand on his shoulder. When he looked at her, she gave him a smile. It was her way of saying thanks for his efforts to cheer her up. She didn't know of he felt like she ignored him, but she wanted him to know that she hadn't.

Catching the tail end of the overall plan, Allison offered her own opinions on the matter. She had been at the docks for weeks and had a pretty good understanding of when people come and go.

" I've been hanging out in that old junkyard by the docks for awhile. Not a lot of people there nowadays, not even to clear out the scrap metal. For the most part, it should be clear except for those couple security guards that make their rounds." Allison took a pause to gather her thoughts before continuing.

" Depending on if we want to do this quiet, I can handle any door or fence that gets in our way. That safe might be a problem for me right now, but the rest should be easy."

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:11 am

Я Люблю Тебя

Nikolai looked back towards Allison as she placed her hand on his shoulder. He tensed up a little bit, but he didn't show it to her; at least he thought that he didn't. He knew full well that this girl could kill him if she happened to punch the wrong way, but Nikolai wasn't the type to be intimidated. Not when he knew that she wouldn't ever think of hurting. Physically, at least.

How long was he going to keep these... feelings secret? These have been a pain within, seating through the soul and heart. He didn't simply have a crush on her. This was something more.

Either way, this wasn't a good time - again. But as she placed her hand on his shoulder, he, perhaps by instinct or by impulse, laid his own hand on hers while giving a sad gaze that pierced into the soul.

"Я люблю тебя.", Nikolai said lowly in Russian as he touched his own forehead in apparent stress. "Thanks."

Meanwhile, Erika arrived back, panting. "Both of you Sapohznik brothers are a real dito nel culo, eh."

She dusted her jacket and checked her very thick wallet. "So now is the time, yes?"

"You seem to be in a hurry.", Nikita said to her as he put his hands into his hoodie's pockets. "Oh hey, you have a thick wallet. That makes three of us."

Nikita then turned to Allison, his face displaying an expression that denotes gratefulness for showing a gesture of goodwill to his brother. "I'm going to wipe all incriminating footage once I access the Harbor Master's computer in his office. I... err, recommend that you don't... Uhh, leave a trail of destruction behind, if you don't mind."
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:05 pm

John Tefford (or Tobias Scott?)

Lessoni wrote:...

"Door lock's not a problem, I can get in quick. I'll leave the safe to Ascot," said Jack.

"Right, that's a plan." Tefford nodded, then opened the door of his car, "One last thing," he paused with one foot in the vehicle, eyeing the assembled class, "Don't think I haven't realised some of you want to go and grab someone else to bring along. If they don't have powers, don't do it. If someone doesn't have a condition to motivate they to go, then going isn't a great idea for them, they're going to realise that and the odds of us getting exposed go up."

He paused, letting that sink in before asking, "Alright, anyone need a lift?" before muttering to himself darkly, "This is against so many rules as a teacher."

Later, at the Dock...

The fishing docks were situated just beyond a cluster of currently unused small warehouses. A slight mist had settled over the town and the street lights leading up to the warehouses glowed eerily in the silent streets. Nobody was about at this time of night, or at least they didn't seem to be. Tefford slowed down as he approached, quietly easing his car into the shadow between two warehouses before he got out to wait for the others, pacing restlessly in the gloom of the alley.

Once everyone was assembled he went through the plan in more detail, "Alright, so while we were driving over I thought of another ability that would be extremely useful," he spoke quietly, his voice furtive and little above a whisper, "Does anyone have any way to telepathically communicate?"

"What we need to do is get the main group down the dock to find a suitably large vessel. We then need to tell the group breaking into the office what the berth number is so they can get the right key," he explained, "There is going to be a night watchman somewhere, so the less time we spend messing around out here, the better. The whole process would be sped up a bit if the break-in team could do their thing while we were selecting a boat."

"Anyway, the main group will find a boat then lay low on it, keep out of sight and wait for the others to get back with the key," he continued, "I don't think there will be more than one guard so we will try to avoid them, but do be careful and if you do get spotted, this should go without saying, but don't use lethal force unless you want to spend the rest of your life in prison. They probably aren't going to shoot at you on an island where everyone knows everyone and strangers are locked out, but even if they do, the same rule applies."

He paused, eyeing each of the students in turn, "Are there any questions?" he asked, giving them one final chance to ask for clarification before they got started.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragos Bee
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Ascot Rider

“No questions, Sir. I’m ready,” Ascot said. It was time to wait, to walk, and grudgingly leave the others behind. Nevertheless, he planned to find help, to save them. Yes, he was full of arrogant bullshit, but it was real, the desire to make sure that no one died when he could prevent it. And at least he was working with Jack again, and they all had a plan, a plan which was better than what he can come up with by virtue of existing at all (another grudging realization).

Keep your eyes open. Keep your ears open. And finally, keep your mind open, Ascot. Learn everything. And channel your - My - arrogance into a drive to succeed. Because it’s much better if you can back up your pride with actual competence.

Ascot breathed in, and then found out that he had one question to ask, one question he should ask. So he opened his mouth again and said, “Actually, there is one question, Sir. Is this our last and only chance to succeed in our goals, whatever they may be?
Sorry for my behavior, P2TM.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Postby Europa Undivided » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:08 pm

The Brothers Sapohznik and Erika

Nikita quietly pulled up his scarf to cover his face. "I know of some boats big enough for the lot of us, as I have been a regular visitor of the docks ever since I got my... technopathic abilities, since I was practicing these powers. I basically know a lot of them as their schematics are burned into my memories, like they are set in stone. So... uh, assuming that no one moved it from its place three days ago, it would be the seventh one to the right side from our perspective of the harbor. The name of the boat is Stormfly, a fishing trawler that is 40 meters long and 10 meters wide. It should be able to fit all of us and still have a lot of space left over. It's color grey, by the way. It has... hmmmm, a speed of 10 knots, or... mmmmm, 18 kilometers per hour."

Erika, meanwhile, shifted uneasily. "You say this... Just now?"

"Erika.", Nikita turned to her. "My mind isn't in the best condition. You know that."

"He's really worried. That's all.", Nikolai said as he pulled up his own scarf. "So, any mind readers here?"

Theyra
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Theyra » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:40 pm

Connor Vale

"Nope, I am not a mind reader". Connor replied nervously, at least it is a good thing that Nikita found what boat to use to get off the island. That will save them the trouble of finding one and he had to admit it was impressive that Nikita could do that with his powers. It makes him wonder what the full extent of the powers of the others are. Reminding him that he has yet to reveal his powers to the group but, he feels that will happen later. Though now that Connor can see through walls and identify people based on their auras. Speaking up, "Though I can see walls so that can helps us get through without being noticed".

Kylantha
Minister

Founded: Jan 22, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kylantha » Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:02 am

Harper Holiday

While the others, or at least some of them, were preparing to escape the island on a boat. Harper lay on his stomach in bed, his face stuffed in a pillow. He decided to wear a pair of bright blue pyjamas that evening, just because he missed wearing them over his time as a beach bum. In those moments he was beginning to feel fear again. Of his powers. Of what kind of bad attention it might bring to him and his grandparents. But this time he wasn't running. He felt more confident now with his abilities than when they were first revealed to him, and was almost certain that he could defend himself and his loved ones if need be...

Of course, he was still just a kid. Though he was putting on a brave front, it was more likely than not that when the pressure mounted up, it might crack. Nonetheless, he would do the best he could to retain what normalcy there was left in his life. Sitting up in bed, he looked out into the darkness past his window, then down at his hands. He imagined the power he'd discovered surging through them, and then clenched his fists. In his mind, he assured himself that everything was going to be okay before going under the covers and letting sleep take its course.

As he drifted off into dreamland, there was a question in the back of his mind that kept being buried... Was everything really going to be okay..?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse