NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Then again, a part of Communism is like Capitalism but without the politics. Most dictators come to power after promising and upgrading the economies of their nations.

At this point, Communism and capitalism seem to mostly be two terms used for relatively arbitrary groups. The capitalists have both near-anarchy and command economies in their ranks, while the Communists have pretty open economies in some of their members.

Free Trade/Free Market/Laissez-faire/libertarian is "near-anarchy?"

That's true, though.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Thu May 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Then again, a part of Communism is like Capitalism but without the politics. Most dictators come to power after promising and upgrading the economies of their nations.

Didn't the Third Reich/"Aryan Empire" have a command economy/autarky? It's weird imagining they were straight-up normal Capitalist. Who'd want to trade w/ that?

Having a command economy/state capitalism is not seen as bad when German science is the best in the world.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Thu May 07, 2020 4:56 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:

Didn't the Third Reich/"Aryan Empire" have a command economy/autarky? It's weird imagining they were straight-up normal Capitalist. Who'd want to trade w/ that?

Well, the Nazis wanted to dominate the world first and trade later.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

Having a command economy/state capitalism is not seen as bad when German science is the best in the world.

Is that a JoJo reference?

:lol:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Thu May 07, 2020 4:57 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:Having a command economy/state capitalism is not seen as bad when German science is the best in the world.

Is that a JoJo reference?

:lol:

You clearly haven't seen my coat of arms.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu May 07, 2020 4:59 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

Well, the Nazis wanted to dominate the world first and trade later.

Pretty much. Most of their economy was built on deficit financing because the Nazis figured they would pay it back by looting conquered nations.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu May 07, 2020 5:00 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Tysoania wrote:At this point, Communism and capitalism seem to mostly be two terms used for relatively arbitrary groups. The capitalists have both near-anarchy and command economies in their ranks, while the Communists have pretty open economies in some of their members.

Free Trade/Free Market/Laissez-faire/libertarian is "near-anarchy?"

That's true, though.

I was thinking of the pirate state because, ya know, pirates.

Also, the GDR has put up a really good post in the IC, and now I feel bad.
Last edited by Tysoania on Thu May 07, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Cold War in 6 words:

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Thu May 07, 2020 5:16 pm

a discord would be absolutely killer for these quick 1 on 1 meetings
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu May 07, 2020 5:44 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:a discord would be absolutely killer for these quick 1 on 1 meetings

Or just telegram the other player.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu May 07, 2020 5:46 pm

Heads up: the Berlin Blockade has been in place for a while before this RP started and I cleared it with the OP, but it could be retconned to start now or changed to a recent ramping-up.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu May 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Tysoania wrote:Heads up: the Berlin Blockade has been in place for a while before this RP started and I cleared it with the OP, but it could be retconned to start now or changed to a recent ramping-up.

I think it should be the latter.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu May 07, 2020 6:10 pm

Monsone wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Heads up: the Berlin Blockade has been in place for a while before this RP started and I cleared it with the OP, but it could be retconned to start now or changed to a recent ramping-up.

I think it should be the latter.

If the GDR agrees, then I'll change my first post to reflect that.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Thu May 07, 2020 6:12 pm

What is the Korean position on Taiwan? We could perhaps establish some informal economic ties.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu May 07, 2020 6:23 pm

Ironically despite how I’ve portrayed them the Rashidis in real life were actually much more moderate than the Saudi’s are.
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:37 pm

All that "German Science" and I still portrayed them as having dated technology. :lol:

I always guessed/thought that technologies behind the Red Curtain would be more dated than Western tech.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Thu May 07, 2020 6:42 pm

Hypercapital wrote:All that "German Science" and I still portrayed them as having dated technology. :lol:

I always guessed/thought that technologies behind the Red Curtain would be more dated than Western tech.

Except Nuclear energy. For proof, look at how much nuke test America has done, as well as France's and even Wack'i's.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu May 07, 2020 6:44 pm

Hypercapital wrote:All that "German Science" and I still portrayed them as having dated technology. :lol:

Probably not the case in 1949. Up until the 1970s, the Eastern Bloc had some of the best military technology (first ICBM, first compossite armored tank which was the T-64, the first successful comercial jet airliner, the Tu-104, etc.) It wouldn't be until the 1970s that the Eastern Bloc began to lag behind the west. Of course Western cars where light years ahead of Eastern Bloc cars by the 1950s, but in a fair amount of areas the Estern Bloc did quite well technologicaly until the 1960s (the USSR had one of the first TV transmissions in the world).
Mohn-sohn-eh

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Thu May 07, 2020 6:45 pm

Monsone wrote:Of course Western cars where light years ahead of Eastern Bloc cars by the 1950s,

Tell that to the Trabant parked in my driveway.
The Cold War in 6 words:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Monsone wrote:

Probably not the case in 1949. Up until the 1970s, the Eastern Bloc had some of the best military technology (first ICBM, first composite armored tank which was the T-64, the first successful commercial jet airliner, the Tu-104, etc.) It wouldn't be until the 1970s that the Eastern Bloc began to lag behind the west. Of course Western cars where light years ahead of Eastern Bloc cars by the 1950s, but in a fair amount of areas the Eastern Bloc did quite well technologically until the 1960s (the USSR had one of the first TV transmissions in the world).

:lol: And I imagine Polarian cars to look like Volvos. I guess that's just a part of my country's aesthetic.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:52 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Monsone wrote:Of course Western cars where light years ahead of Eastern Bloc cars by the 1950s,

Tell that to the Trabant parked in my driveway.

Well, commies always had crappy cars. (like the Yugo for instance, or certain cars drove by commies/leftists nowadays, like Priuses.)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu May 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Tysoania wrote:Tell that to the Trabant parked in my driveway.

Well, commies always had crappy cars. (like the Yugo for instance, or certain cars drove by commies/leftists nowadays, like Priuses.)

The one saving grace of being France is having weird but cool cars like the Citroen DS.
Mohn-sohn-eh

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Monsone wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:

The one saving grace of being France is having weird but cool cars like the Citroen DS.

True.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu May 07, 2020 6:56 pm

Also, 80s-90s aesthetic is the best aesthetic.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Thu May 07, 2020 6:57 pm

Sao Nova Europa wrote:What is the Korean position on Taiwan? We could perhaps establish some informal economic ties.

If you come to me looking for some nookie nookie on the side, I’m getting mines too
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Cold War RP Reboot

Postby Tranzoria » Thu May 07, 2020 6:57 pm

My cars are mostly Fords imported from the US. Or jeeps left over from the second world war. Yeah, we don't care about transportation. I tell my citizens every day, "WALK YOU MORONS!!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse