NATION

PASSWORD

Cold War RP: Reboot, (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 1:50 pm

Diarcesia wrote:
Atheist Democratic Freehold wrote:
It's TAT, and no, I did not on this nation. Something happened and arriving here I saw him telling me to get Cyprus, which wouldn't make sense unless I made a new app which is easy but at the time I didn't feel like doing. So it escalated a bit.

Maybe Castriarta can give away Donousa if asked?

Yeah, that's a good solution.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.
Raider, Writer and Rickroll Fanatic.
Recent News: Tranzoria joins Israel-Palestine discussion-promises no flaming

Pro: Choice, Democracy, Acknowledgment, PR Statehood
Anti:Terrorism, Racism, Karenism, People who pour the Milk first

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed May 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
Malay Raya wrote:Le latest MAP

If there's anything wrong do let me know.

Only a couple things.
1). Canada owns the land in South America between the French and British (Dutch Guiana)
2). France owns Denmark

But otherwise, perfect!

Dude, are you sure you have Dutch Guiana? You didn't claim it when you applied.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 3:28 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:
Only a couple things.
1). Canada owns the land in South America between the French and British (Dutch Guiana)
2). France owns Denmark

But otherwise, perfect!

In one of my telegrams, you can see that I took it when it gained freedom from the Dutch, but I did it in secret.
A Naive Nation in the Bay Area of California who has fought too many wars to count. NSG's Resident Yes-man.

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed May 06, 2020 3:30 pm

Tranzoria wrote:

In one of my telegrams, you can see that I took it when it gained freedom from the Dutch, but I did it in secret.

Yet somehow Guyana (a former colonly of the UK) is part of Canada. Dutch Guiana is Suriname. Also, Suriname didn't become independent until 1975.
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed May 06, 2020 3:35 pm

Monsone wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:In one of my telegrams, you can see that I took it when it gained freedom from the Dutch, but I did it in secret.

Yet somehow Guyana (a former colonly of the UK) is part of Canada. Dutch Guiana is Suriname. Also, Suriname didn't become independent until 1975.

I had plans on couping Suriname's government. I knew they were a colony, but I figured if the Netherlands was still an NPC nation, it wouldn't really matter. Besides, the US occupies several different nations anyway.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed May 06, 2020 3:39 pm

Monsone wrote:

I had plans on couping Suriname's government. I knew they were a colony, but I figured if the Netherlands was still an NPC nation, it wouldn't really matter. Besides, the US occupies several different nations anyway.

True. But the independence argument seems flawed because of the Netherlands being an NPC which theoreticaly means they haven't deviated from their real world history yet (after all WW2 still occurs in this timeline despite the CSA controling a vast amount of the IRL USA's territory).
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 4:03 pm

Monsone wrote:

True. But the independence argument seems flawed because of the Netherlands being an NPC which theoreticaly means they haven't deviated from their real world history yet (after all WW2 still occurs in this timeline despite the CSA controling a vast amount of the IRL USA's territory).

Then again, surrounded by stronger nations than in our timeline, they could have been pressured to lat go of it's colonies.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Wed May 06, 2020 4:12 pm

Fine, I'll edit my post again then. Maybe I'll take Uruguay, Unless Brazil decides to claim that nation. I did want to ask if the guy running this allows for puppet nations to form.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 4:13 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Fine, I'll edit my post again then. Maybe I'll take Uruguay, Unless Brazil decides to claim that nation. I did want to ask if the guy running this allows for puppet nations to form.

Well, he won't be here for a long time, so since France has departments, you should be able to have puppets too.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed May 06, 2020 4:19 pm

i’ll try to get a small post up tonight, might do something cool
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed May 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:Fine, I'll edit my post again then. Maybe I'll take Uruguay, Unless Brazil decides to claim that nation. I did want to ask if the guy running this allows for puppet nations to form.

Well, he won't be here for a long time, so since France has departments, you should be able to have puppets too.

Departments aren't puppets. Departments are the equivalent of a US state or a Spanish province. So they're not puppets. They're just the administrative departments of France. So no. I have no puppets. A puppet would be the USSR suing Belarus and Ukraine as UN votes because they where nominaly independent nations (true fact).
Mohn-sohn-eh

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 5:23 pm

Monsone wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:

Departments aren't puppets. Departments are the equivalent of a US state or a Spanish province. So they're not puppets. They're just the administrative departments of France. So no. I have no puppets. A puppet would be the USSR suing Belarus and Ukraine as UN votes because they where nominaly independent nations (true fact).

A) The reason I said that if you had Departments then there could be puppets is because you control those departments, you speak for them in this RP, and puppets are the same
B) That's a true fact? Huh. Never knew that.

Monsone
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Wed May 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
Monsone wrote:Departments aren't puppets. Departments are the equivalent of a US state or a Spanish province. So they're not puppets. They're just the administrative departments of France. So no. I have no puppets. A puppet would be the USSR suing Belarus and Ukraine as UN votes because they where nominaly independent nations (true fact).

A) The reason I said that if you had Departments then there could be puppets is because you control those departments, you speak for them in this RP, and puppets are the same
B) That's a true fact? Huh. Never knew that.

Well, I just speak of them as a locator. Yes I control them because they are part of France, but they don't have their own military, currency, consitution, laws, etc. All of that is controlled by France. But they do have their own local legislatures and governmnts, much like an autonomous comunity. Except they're still French.
Mohn-sohn-eh

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed May 06, 2020 7:52 pm

So, if I not mistaken, I (a nation with no ties to Islam or any particular Muslim nation in a distant region, was just casually bombed by radical Islamic terrorists? I'd like that to be removed. That makes no sense for the GKR to be a target.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 7:55 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:So, if I not mistaken, I (a nation with no ties to Islam or any particular Muslim nation in a distant region, was just casually bombed by radical Islamic terrorists? I'd like that to be removed. That makes no sense for the GKR to be a target.

Don't worry, I'll edit it and make sure only the embassy was attacked.

Diarcesia
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Diarcesia » Wed May 06, 2020 7:56 pm

An ISIS-like organization or state would have their attack/expansion priorities set like this:
1. Nonbelievers in Arabia
2. Nonbelievers in the historical boundaries of the Caliphates (they want to restore this first)
3. Muslim-majority countries or provinces
4. Imperialists
5. Those they think oppress Muslim minorities
6. Everyone else
Last edited by Diarcesia on Wed May 06, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed May 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Tranzoria wrote:
The New Greek Republic wrote:So, if I not mistaken, I (a nation with no ties to Islam or any particular Muslim nation in a distant region, was just casually bombed by radical Islamic terrorists? I'd like that to be removed. That makes no sense for the GKR to be a target.

I still do not believe your embassy, in a highly militarized police state, in an entirely different region, being attacked isn't realistic.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 8:00 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:

I still do not believe your embassy, in a highly militarized police state, in an entirely different region, being attacked isn't realistic.

The embassy was a witness to Rashid's secrets. It would make a little sense for revenge to be given.

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed May 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Tranzoria wrote:

The embassy was a witness to Rashid's secrets. It would make a little sense for revenge to be given.

okay but even then, in a highly militarized state where even the slightest dissent does not go unpunished? Especially in the capital where the Dear Leader resides?

Security around the embassy would be especially tight after receiving the Rashid telegram so I just don't see any attack happening within GKR borders.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed May 06, 2020 8:08 pm

Tranzoria wrote:

okay but even then, in a highly militarized state where even the slightest dissent does not go unpunished? Especially in the capital where the Dear Leader resides?

Security around the embassy would be especially tight after receiving the Rashid telegram so I just don't see any attack happening within GKR borders.

ok, hold up, what seems to be the issue?
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Tranzoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tranzoria » Wed May 06, 2020 8:10 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:

Korea just wants it to be more realistic, and I understand.
Korea, also, they are suicide bombers, so they would die before their punishment. They were sent here from Rashid.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed May 06, 2020 8:14 pm

Tranzoria wrote:

Korea, also, they are suicide bombers, so they would die before their punishment. They were sent here from Rashid.

The Caliph sent no one to Korea, he sent out a call encouraging Muslims all over to commit attacks. Problem is, there’s no Muslims in Korea...
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed May 06, 2020 8:17 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
Tranzoria wrote:

The Caliph sent no one to Korea, he sent out a call encouraging Muslims all over to commit attacks. Problem is, there’s no Muslims in Korea...

ok I'm not caught up yet with all that happened yet as I'm active in 7 other political RP's, could someone give me a brief summary of what's happening
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed May 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:The Caliph sent no one to Korea, he sent out a call encouraging Muslims all over to commit attacks. Problem is, there’s no Muslims in Korea...

ok I'm not caught up yet with all that happened yet as I'm active in 7 other political RP's, could someone give me a brief summary of what's happening

Caliph gave out a speech encouraging muslims all over the world to attack but somehow Muslims appeared in Korea which they don’t live in
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Wed May 06, 2020 8:30 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:

Caliph gave out a speech encouraging muslims all over the world to attack but somehow Muslims appeared in Korea which they don’t live in

Basically this. Like if I was in a region with even a remote muslim population I'd have no qualms and RP this out but like for Korea, this would be a stain on it's track record and I don't want that.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
-----`"`;-O--(---------
------.`-O------.\\,,||
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/

A brick.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse