NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread III: The Show Must Not Go On (READ OP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Sun May 03, 2020 11:32 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:

I had to stop when he talked about the protesters holding anti Semitic signs and showed the heil whitmer sign, which was calling whitmer a dictator and not unironically supporting nazism.

Oh Trevor, you didn't have to do this. Never meet your heroes kids.

Apparently protesting against a Jewish governor using an ARBEIT MACHT FREI sign isn't anti-Semitic now.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Mon May 04, 2020 12:25 am

So,
Now that the coronavirus has been around for a bit, what more data do we have on it ?

What are the statistics,
So like spread capability, lethality, symptoms all that.
I have heard that the spread is at a 2.5, and it’s more lethal than the flu on a case by case basis.

I’ve heard that people have fevers, chills, and other related things, a little different from a regular flu/cold.

Can anyone confirm this ?

(NationStates is my social media, suffice it to say I “think” I got this from msnbc.)
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon May 04, 2020 1:25 am

Vassenor wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
I had to stop when he talked about the protesters holding anti Semitic signs and showed the heil whitmer sign, which was calling whitmer a dictator and not unironically supporting nazism.

Apparently protesting against a Jewish governor using an ARBEIT MACHT FREI sign isn't anti-Semitic now.

Whitmer isn’t Jewish
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 04, 2020 1:29 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Whitmer isn’t Jewish

I don't remember saying I was talking about Whitmer.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Mon May 04, 2020 1:31 am

Vassenor wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Whitmer isn’t Jewish

How does this loop back to the corronavirus ?
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon May 04, 2020 1:36 am

Vassenor wrote:

The post you quoted did however. The Nazi signs where at a protest against Whitmer who’s most definitely not Jewish
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 04, 2020 1:43 am

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:

How does this loop back to the corronavirus ?

Protests against the lockdowns.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 04, 2020 1:44 am

Thermodolia wrote:

The post you quoted did however. The Nazi signs where at a protest against Whitmer who’s most definitely not Jewish

So because Noah only showed an image from one protest it means he can only be talking about that one protest?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon May 04, 2020 2:42 am

Had to visit my grandma in hospital for non-Covid reasons. Thank God she's okay. I'm really, really starting to hate social distancing
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 04, 2020 2:48 am

Thermodolia wrote:

The sign appears to actually be from one held in Illinois:
This was one of the signs at the “Re-open Illinois” event today.

There's a bit after the "frei" reading "JB", likely referring to the state's governor, who is indeed Jewish.
Australian rePublic wrote:Had to visit my grandma in hospital for non-Covid reasons. Thank God she's okay. I'm really, really starting to hate social distancing
That's good news; as for the distancing - well, there's that thing about desperate times & desperate measures.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 04, 2020 4:22 am

Vassenor wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

I saw about as many anti Semitic signs at that protest in Lansing as I saw pro black signs at a trump rally.

If you're gonna attack the protesters, make sure its true. The examples the news showed of the "antisemitic placards" were Heil whitmer signs, which made Whitmer out to be a nazi, not actual pro nazi memorabilia.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 04, 2020 4:24 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Whitmer isn’t Jewish

No, no, the media told vass there were anti semitic signs at the Michigan protest so therefore it must be true. It isn't like the mainstream media sensationalizes things and downright lies half the time.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 04, 2020 4:30 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

No, no, the media told vass there were anti semitic signs at the Michigan protest so therefore it must be true. It isn't like the mainstream media sensationalizes things and downright lies half the time.

Again, the protest with the sign wasn't even held in Michigan.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 04, 2020 4:31 am

How is this thread still open?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am

Rojava Free State wrote:

You're doing that thing where you don't bother to read cited links then attack things that aren't even in them again.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Mon May 04, 2020 4:33 am

It's even higher than the next thread right now.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 04, 2020 4:41 am

Rojava Free State wrote:How is this thread still open?

Emmmmm.... maybe some bugs.It's time for programmers to lose some hair
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon May 04, 2020 4:58 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:

Emmmmm.... maybe some bugs.It's time for programmers to lose some hair

Mods close the threads at 500. They probably haven't noticed yet.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 04, 2020 5:02 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Emmmmm.... maybe some bugs.It's time for programmers to lose some hair

Mods close the threads at 500. They probably haven't noticed yet.

They're waiting for the perfect moment, I guess.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon May 04, 2020 5:13 am

I asked this earlier.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Mon May 04, 2020 5:16 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:

I asked this earlier.

Have a cup of coffee and ask again later?
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Mon May 04, 2020 5:20 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
LiberNovusAmericae wrote:I asked this earlier.

Have a cup of coffee and ask again later?

Let's see how far this topic can be pushed.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Mon May 04, 2020 5:33 am

The mods have been blinded by the power of the dark side.

Or.. something
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Mon May 04, 2020 5:36 am

Celebrities in mansions continue to demonize minimum wage workers who are at risk of losing their job protesting the lockdown
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Mon May 04, 2020 5:38 am

Aureumterra wrote:Celebrities in mansions continue to demonize minimum wage workers who are at risk of losing their job protesting the lockdown

How is "I need to play golf" going to save their jobs?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General