NATION

PASSWORD

MAGAThread XIX: Hambergers, Noble Prizes, & Disinfectant

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sat May 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Diahon wrote:So Justin Trudeau and Angela Merkel are eldritch and Kim and Xi and Bolsonaro and Putin and Orban and Salman and who the fuck else are just homey stuff. Penpals. Friends. Allies.

Urk.

Good to know.

Honestly, Xi and Putin are the power players in Eurasia so it makes sense to develop good relations with them. Good relations with NK will also help a lot down the line and Kim is definitely a much better option than the alternatives.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat May 02, 2020 4:42 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Diahon wrote:Speaking of poor form by democratic linchpins, here's Donald Trump being very happy at very, very shit news.

This makes sense considering he has no diplomatic relationship with any other North Korean figure. Kim Jong-Un is the evil he knows, and can talk to.

It makes sense because Trump is in love with Kim. He himself admitted to it.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 02, 2020 4:43 pm

Vetalia wrote:
Diahon wrote:So Justin Trudeau and Angela Merkel are eldritch and Kim and Xi and Bolsonaro and Putin and Orban and Salman and who the fuck else are just homey stuff. Penpals. Friends. Allies.

Urk.

Good to know.

Honestly, Xi and Putin are the power players in Eurasia so it makes sense to develop good relations with them. Good relations with NK will also help a lot down the line and Kim is definitely a much better option than the alternatives.

Relationships don't mean "bend over backwards for anyone who flatters you."
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sat May 02, 2020 5:39 pm

Diahon wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:This makes sense considering he has no diplomatic relationship with any other North Korean figure. Kim Jong-Un is the evil he knows, and can talk to.

So Justin Trudeau and Angela Merkel are eldritch and Kim and Xi and Bolsonaro and Putin and Orban and Salman and who the fuck else are just homey stuff. Penpals. Friends. Allies.

Urk.

Good to know.

Fwiw I wouldn't want to get along with Trudeau either.

Merkel is a different story; before she overstayed her welcome it wouldn't be hard to get along with her.
Last edited by Proctopeo on Sat May 02, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat May 02, 2020 6:23 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:This makes sense considering he has no diplomatic relationship with any other North Korean figure. Kim Jong-Un is the evil he knows, and can talk to.

It's [current year], we're not supposed to judge.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat May 02, 2020 6:47 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Diahon wrote:Speaking of poor form by democratic linchpins, here's Donald Trump being very happy at very, very shit news.

This makes sense considering he has no diplomatic relationship with any other North Korean figure. Kim Jong-Un is the evil he knows, and can talk to.

Eh? Gushing over somebody he wishes he could be is not really talking. More like fanboi.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Sat May 02, 2020 6:50 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Eh? Gushing over somebody he wishes he could be is not really talking. More like fanboi.

To be fair it's better to have stability and at least someone you're talking to than the potential chaos of regime change.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

LimpBizkit
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimpBizkit » Sat May 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Vetalia wrote:

Urk.

Good to know.

This, people who wanted Kim to die clearly aren't using their heads or even thinking about the implications that would have. Love him or hate him, he's easier to deal with than either of his predecessors were, and almost certainly moreso than whichever wild card general would be succeeding him.
The Creeping Barrage is the name given to a method of firing artillery. At the beginning of Trench Warfare the basic tactic was to fire lots of artillery at enemy trenches for a sustained period of time and to stop firing just before the infantry attacked. However this method wasn’t very successful as the German had built strong bunkers and were able to man the defences in the time between the bombardment ending and the infantry getting to the trenches. A solution to the problem of the time lag between the bombardment and the arrival of the infantry was to change the way that the artillery was fired. Instead of just aiming at the same target the creeping barrage moved forward at a prearranged pace.
*that's not hitler in the flag
Antidisestablishmentarianist and proud

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat May 02, 2020 6:53 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

It's [current year], we're not supposed to judge.

I don't care if Trump is gay. I do care that he may be gay for a mass murderer.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sat May 02, 2020 6:53 pm

Diahon wrote:

So Justin Trudeau and Angela Merkel are eldritch and Kim and Xi and Bolsonaro and Putin and Orban and Salman and who the fuck else are just homey stuff. Penpals. Friends. Allies.

Urk.

Good to know.

Pretty sure they meant in relation to North Korea, not the only one he had diplomatic relationship with in the world.
Bombadil wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

To be fair it's better to have stability and at least someone you're talking to than the potential chaos of regime change.

There's also the chance that Un's sister has her shit together and would present a more formidable opponent. Or not. I really just now learned he had a sister. It's just a possibility.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat May 02, 2020 6:54 pm

LimpBizkit wrote:
Vetalia wrote:

This, people who wanted Kim to die clearly aren't using their heads or even thinking about the implications that would have. Love him or hate him, he's easier to deal with than either of his predecessors were, and almost certainly moreso than whichever wild card general would be succeeding him.

You can keep good relations without constantly obsessing over him. Us and NK should not be friends. We can avoid war. We can leave each other alone, but trump should not be talking about Kim like he cheats on his wife with him.

LimpBizkit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby LimpBizkit » Sat May 02, 2020 7:01 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
LimpBizkit wrote:This, people who wanted Kim to die clearly aren't using their heads or even thinking about the implications that would have. Love him or hate him, he's easier to deal with than either of his predecessors were, and almost certainly moreso than whichever wild card general would be succeeding him.

You can keep good relations without constantly obsessing over him. Us and NK should not be friends. We can avoid war. We can leave each other alone, but trump should not be talking about Kim like he cheats on his wife with him.

Clearly the sanctions on North Korea continually prove that our two nations are the best of friends. Regardless, Trump's large mouth is usually where him and I lose each other, but I think he talks about North Korea in a semi-reasonable manner, seeing as two presidents ago they were in the 'axis of evil for state sponsored terrorism' aka marked for destruction by the bush regime.
The Creeping Barrage is the name given to a method of firing artillery. At the beginning of Trench Warfare the basic tactic was to fire lots of artillery at enemy trenches for a sustained period of time and to stop firing just before the infantry attacked. However this method wasn’t very successful as the German had built strong bunkers and were able to man the defences in the time between the bombardment ending and the infantry getting to the trenches. A solution to the problem of the time lag between the bombardment and the arrival of the infantry was to change the way that the artillery was fired. Instead of just aiming at the same target the creeping barrage moved forward at a prearranged pace.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 02, 2020 7:12 pm

LimpBizkit wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:

Clearly the sanctions on North Korea continually prove that our two nations are the best of friends. Regardless, Trump's large mouth is usually where him and I lose each other, but I think he talks about North Korea in a semi-reasonable manner, seeing as two presidents ago they were in the 'axis of evil for state sponsored terrorism' aka marked for destruction by the bush regime.

The sanctions that Best Korea is blockade running with Chinese help you mean?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat May 02, 2020 8:35 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Previous methods clearly didn't work on North Korea. Might as well mix it up once in a while.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat May 02, 2020 8:58 pm

Zurkerx wrote:...
Farn is more than welcome to take back control (and change my temporary title that is so creative) if she so desires.

The creative spelling of Hamburger and Nobel Prize bothers me a bit. Probably just me ...
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sat May 02, 2020 9:06 pm

Gormwood wrote:
LimpBizkit wrote:Clearly the sanctions on North Korea continually prove that our two nations are the best of friends. Regardless, Trump's large mouth is usually where him and I lose each other, but I think he talks about North Korea in a semi-reasonable manner, seeing as two presidents ago they were in the 'axis of evil for state sponsored terrorism' aka marked for destruction by the bush regime.

The sanctions that Best Korea is blockade running with Chinese help you mean?

I don't see how that's particularly relevant.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat May 02, 2020 9:16 pm

Proctopeo wrote:
Gormwood wrote:The sanctions that Best Korea is blockade running with Chinese help you mean?

I don't see how that's particularly relevant.

Sanctions only have meaning if they're being enforced. Just like Trump, it's style over substance.

LimpBizkit
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby LimpBizkit » Sat May 02, 2020 9:19 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I don't see how that's particularly relevant.

Sanctions only have meaning if they're being enforced. Just like Trump, it's style over substance.

thanks for the input Bolton

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Sat May 02, 2020 9:24 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I don't see how that's particularly relevant.

They are being enforced. They're just being cheated around with help from the PRC.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun May 03, 2020 6:09 am

Northern Davincia wrote:

The talk doesn't change much. People are still dieing in slave camps in NK.

Ifreann
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ifreann » Sun May 03, 2020 9:27 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Diahon wrote:

Urk.

Good to know.

Pretty sure they meant in relation to North Korea, not the only one he had diplomatic relationship with in the world.
Bombadil wrote:

There's also the chance that Un's sister has her shit together and would present a more formidable opponent. Or not. I really just now learned he had a sister. It's just a possibility.

Really hope we can avoid having to hear Trump talk about Kim Yo-jong is, because there is no way that he would be remotely normal.
He/Him

beating the devil
we never run from the devil
we never summon the devil
we never hide from from the devil
we never

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun May 03, 2020 9:28 am

Ifreann wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:Pretty sure they meant in relation to North Korea, not the only one he had diplomatic relationship with in the world.

Really hope we can avoid having to hear Trump talk about Kim Yo-jong is, because there is no way that he would be remotely normal.

Let’s go for it.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Eahland
Senator

Founded: Apr 18, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Eahland » Sun May 03, 2020 9:34 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Zurkerx wrote:...
Farn is more than welcome to take back control (and change my temporary title that is so creative) if she so desires.

The creative spelling of Hamburger and Nobel Prize bothers me a bit. Probably just me ...

Yeah, what is this covfefe? Everyone knows it's spelled "hamberders".
Eahlisc Wordboc (Glossary)
Eahlisc Healþambiht segþ: NE DRENCE, EÐA, OÞÞE ONDO BLÆCE!

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Sun May 03, 2020 9:35 am

I want Covfefe and Hamberders.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun May 03, 2020 9:37 am

Nakena wrote:I want Covfefe and Hamberders.

No noble award?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General