NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Founded: Aug 16, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:28 pm

So just to clarify.... the coronation is over, and now all of the parties assembled are trying to deliberate how to handle the Appalachian Rebels? If so then it wouldn't be possible for either of my characters or their dignitaries to have interaction with any of the other nobles of Dixie prior to the current time IC?

Also would it be customary of my faction, since it was crowned by Vanderbilt himself in canon in around 1872, to have the head of my faction i.e Bedford Forrest to attend the meeting personally, would not showing be shown as a sign of disrespect or weakness?

Jesus Our God
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jesus Our God » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:35 pm

Dahyan wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Didn't your character claimed the whole of Maryland?

(Oh and maybe Newton Knight would have a time to discuss things with a particular Dixie banker...)

Yeah, that was the first point I was trying to make. I guess this Duchess character could technically be a private citizen living in Maryland, but political power is definitely a no-no.

Regarding the Dixie banker: Knight is open for talks of many kinds, on the condition that it can somehow work I to his plan to weaken the Confederacy. What exactly do you have in mind?

I’m not sure if Sophie would be a citizen of the U.S. (not that women could vote, anyway), but she would be a private resident of Maryland, yes. Her largest political value would probably be as a princess of Bavaria, and her connection to her sister, the Empress of Austria. So there is that foreign policy dimension, as well as domestic affairs. Although Sophie could never run for office herself, she can certainly lend a hand to Maryland’s Catholics, monarchists, Democrats, gentry, etc.

Khasinkonia wrote:Also regarding the Maryland app, just an FYI reminder that the current Queen of Louisiana is not only a direct descendant of King Louis XVI, but also the only direct descendant. So while she would be celebrated, for context, there is a bloodline of greater monarchist prestige present. Also, there is another character from the House of Orleans, Amelie, consort to Queen Ernestine.

Sophie would’ve also been a celebrity for the Bavarian royal drama preceding her marriage, and her French husband’s later martyrdom. As for the French monarchy, I’m not sure how that picture all sorts out, but it could be why Sophie goes to Maryland instead of staying in Louisiana. She married into the House of Orleans, which only replaced the House of Bourbon as the royal house of France during the 1830 July Revolution, and there would probably still be tensions between Orléanists, Legitimists, Bonapartists, etc. But in any case, Sophie probably would’ve been better known publicly as the Princess of Bavaria ‘who could’ve been Queen’, and the German half of her marriage.

Vienna Eliot wrote:I would like to accept the characters from Jesus Our God, but could you first let me know if you have another main nation? All three of your posts have been in this thread.

These are all my first posts! I've had many nations in the past (think as far back as the Bush administration), but never participated in the NS forums or done any 'RPing', and don't use any other nations at present. I wasn't sure if "Account" meant Discord account or something, but I would have to make one of those.
CyberNations Class of 2007 - Find me at my new address: Brunswick-upon-Raritan

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vienna Eliot » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:45 pm

Jesus Our God wrote:These are all my first posts! I've had many nations in the past (think as far back as the Bush administration), but never participated in the NS forums or done any 'RPing', and don't use any other nations at present. I wasn't sure if "Account" meant Discord account or something, but I would have to make one of those.

Well in that case, welcome! Glad to have the privilege to host the first roleplay you'll be involved in. Your characters are accepted and I'll get them in the OP tonight.

Inis Eagla
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Inis Eagla » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:58 pm

Vienna Eliot wrote:Leonardo Márquez is accepted. I'd take a look at the Texas conflicts brewing in the IC to get a grasp on somewhere you could pop in.

Alright, thank you. I'll be sure to check out the Texan situation and make a post.
Marqués Leonardo Márquez in Medieval South RP

What if the Irish won at Kinsale? Gaelic Confederacy of Kings anyone?

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:59 pm

Inis Eagla wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:Leonardo Márquez is accepted. I'd take a look at the Texas conflicts brewing in the IC to get a grasp on somewhere you could pop in.

Alright, thank you. I'll be sure to check out the Texan situation and make a post.

No need to look so far, gentlemen, there's always people who are willing to sow chaos...
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Inis Eagla
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Inis Eagla » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:16 pm

Sarderia wrote:
Inis Eagla wrote:Alright, thank you. I'll be sure to check out the Texan situation and make a post.

No need to look so far, gentlemen, there's always people who are willing to sow chaos...

Luckily, well maybe more lucky for Leonardo than for Texans.
Last edited by Inis Eagla on Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marqués Leonardo Márquez in Medieval South RP

What if the Irish won at Kinsale? Gaelic Confederacy of Kings anyone?

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:21 pm

So what's been happening in the IC? it's progress rather roo quickly for me to process.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:49 am

Just for clarity: the application of Leonardo Marquez being accepted means that Mexico in this RP is an Empire, correct?
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:23 am

Sarderia, I doubt Richmond would have burned in this timeline. In real life it was a last ditch effort by the Confederacy as the Union invaded. In this the Union was on the defensive and it was Washington that was sacked and burned, which is something I included in my app.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:25 am

Sanabel wrote:Sarderia, I doubt Richmond would have burned in this timeline. In real life it was a last ditch effort by the Confederacy as the Union invaded. In this the Union was on the defensive and it was Washington that was sacked and burned, which is something I included in my app.

I think for the betterment of this RP we could better all work together to make sure all of our perceptions' of canon don't counteract eachother. Not that it's affecting any of our actual nations in real time, however, had I not read others apps I wouldn't even have known the war ended at the Treaty of Conestoga.

Just a thought

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:20 am

The vaktovian empire wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Sarderia, I doubt Richmond would have burned in this timeline. In real life it was a last ditch effort by the Confederacy as the Union invaded. In this the Union was on the defensive and it was Washington that was sacked and burned, which is something I included in my app.

I think for the betterment of this RP we could better all work together to make sure all of our perceptions' of canon don't counteract eachother. Not that it's affecting any of our actual nations in real time, however, had I not read others apps I wouldn't even have known the war ended at the Treaty of Conestoga.

Just a thought

Definitely agree on that.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:34 am

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

Just a thought

Definitely agree on that.

Upvote this 15 times
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:37 am

I think it all starts with acknowledging major time plots in the forming of our own nations, and then backgrounds and specific dates, times and locations of events that have occurred in the past between the times of the war and now 1877. This would also be inclusive of cannonized events that occurred during the war that contribute to the character building for our characters if they have prior military backgrounds of involvement during "The War".

For instance, Jeb Stuart was not shot in this version of history as he is very much alive and well for me.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:01 am

The turning point in the war should be Gettysburg. On Day 1 the Confederates seize key terrain and proceed to easily defeat multiple attacks by Union forces. They go on to burn Washington and ravage Pennsylvania which leads to Lincoln losing re-election and President McClellan suing for Peace in 1864.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:07 am

Dentali wrote:The turning point in the war should be Gettysburg. On Day 1 the Confederates seize key terrain and proceed to easily defeat multiple attacks by Union forces. They go on to burn Washington and ravage Pennsylvania which leads to Lincoln losing re-election and President McClellan suing for Peace in 1864.

Since Stonewall Jackson never died, a Confederate victory at Gettysburg is significantly more likely.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:34 am

I can make some notes in the OP on historical canon so it’s accessible for both new and current players. What points do y’all think would be important to include?
Last edited by Vienna Eliot on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:36 am

Dahyan wrote:Just for clarity: the application of Leonardo Marquez being accepted means that Mexico in this RP is an Empire, correct?

I know nothing about Mexican history and assumed that Mexico was an empire IRL. If it wasn’t, I’m sure we could ask that Leonardo just be a general rather than a noble, unless there’s a compelling reason for an imperial Mexico.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:37 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:I can make some notes in the OP on historical canon so its accessible for both new and current players. What points do y’all think would be important to include?

I had it established in my app that Chancellorsville basically shattered the Army of the Potomac, then the strength brought by Jackson enabled the Confederates to win at Gettysburg, allowing for a successful Pennsylvania campaign which put pressure on Philadelphia and Harrisburg as Washington and Maryland were sacked.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:38 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:
Dahyan wrote:Just for clarity: the application of Leonardo Marquez being accepted means that Mexico in this RP is an Empire, correct?

I know nothing about Mexican history and assumed that Mexico was an empire IRL. If it wasn’t, I’m sure we could ask that Leonardo just be a general rather than a noble, unless there’s a compelling reason for an imperial Mexico.

I believe some other persons' posts have detailed Mexico as "The United States of Mexico" although don't quote me lol.

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:40 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:

Given that the Union could not enforce the Monroe Doctrine bc of the whole south winning, it is likely that the Mexican application makes sense given that the French and the Mexican Conservative faction would have won the French-Mexican war without any American threat being possible. Thus a Second Mexican Empire is likely so Leonardo fits well into the history.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:42 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:I know nothing about Mexican history and assumed that Mexico was an empire IRL. If it wasn’t, I’m sure we could ask that Leonardo just be a general rather than a noble, unless there’s a compelling reason for an imperial Mexico.

I believe some other persons' posts have detailed Mexico as "The United States of Mexico" although don't quote me lol.

Imperial Mexico was mentioned in the app for Leonardo Marquez. Its plausibly that it could have survived in this TL. Since the Union lost it would be cut off from sending supplies and putting pressure on Mexico like it did in RL.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:45 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:I can make some notes in the OP on historical canon so it’s accessible for both new and current players. What points do y’all think would be important to include?

I think at best referencing major historical battles and their alternative outcomes would be appropriate, such as Gettysburg and Chancellorsville to name a few above. Other than that, maybe day month and year the war ended at this Treaty of Conestoga that I wouldn't have known about less searching other peoples' apps for appropriate new-canon information to reference.

Other than that, I'd say collectively as players we could work together to build at best what could somewhat resemble an alternative historical time-table to the founding of each of our respective notabilities established under the blessing of the Emperor in new-canon. I think to be able to see a seamless flow of history leading up to 1877 and where each of us stands developed both politically and socio-economically is important, for instance in Memphis and Western Tennessee, Forrest is no Christian or prototypical peace-maker by any stretch of the imagination, he's no Yankee Vanderbilt, but he's also tried to in the five years he's had in power to increase the push for industrialization in Tennessee, something that would've never happened and didn't happen irl based on the makeup of the losing South.

This timeline wouldn't necessarily go into your OP either, rather could be something we're all collectively adding to in OOC. But the standard events as you described does seem to be a fantastic idea, all of this is just my input however.

Just a suggestion lol, for the benefit of everyone and cheers to the continued success of this RP in its earliest stages.

The Vaktovian Empire
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Vaktovian Empire » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:46 am

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:

Imperial Mexico was mentioned in the app for Leonardo Marquez. Its plausibly that it could have survived in this TL. Since the Union lost it would be cut off from sending supplies and putting pressure on Mexico like it did in RL.

Oh I'm aware it was mentioned in his/her application, however I was just citing the fact I believe both Texas players have referenced Mexico as being "The United States of Mexico" as proportionate to their timelines already, or another player did rather. Not entirely sure but I could've sworn I remembered seeing Mexico as a whole referred to as such previously on either the IC or OOC.

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:47 am

Should be noted that infrastructure and cities in the south are for the most part intact since the war didn't make it that far through the region. I think someone mentioned that their character had defeated Sherman so his march never happened or was turned back relatively quickly.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

Senator

Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:48 am

The United Empire of Exucular wrote:Imperial Mexico was mentioned in the app for Leonardo Marquez. Its plausibly that it could have survived in this TL. Since the Union lost it would be cut off from sending supplies and putting pressure on Mexico like it did in RL.

Oh I'm aware it was mentioned in his/her application, however I was just citing the fact I believe both Texas players have referenced Mexico as being "The United States of Mexico" as proportionate to their timelines already, or another player did rather. Not entirely sure but I could've sworn I remembered seeing Mexico as a whole referred to as such previously on either the IC or OOC.

Hoping that it won't matter to the Texas players whether Mexico is a monarchy or democracy cause I think the idea of Imperial Mexico in this RP is cool lol.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

_[' ]_
Click for War History!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse