NATION

PASSWORD

Would you play golf with Donald Trump?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Would You Play Golf with Trump?

Yes
42%
No
24%
You'd have to pay me
5%
He'd have to pay me
12%
For political favours
4%
If I could leverage the opportunity to achieve my own goals
13%

Total votes : 359

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:57 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Bromagia wrote:Yes, anyone who doesn't equate Trump with Charles Manson must be a Trump supporter. :roll:

How is "I'd rather play golf with Manson than Trump" equating them?

Agreed, Its saying Mason is better.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Azka-surhai
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Azka-surhai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:53 pm

I would take the golf club and bash him in until I couldn't recognize him, but I suppose that's not in the poll options. So no, I would not.
.AKALATE OF AZKA-SURHAI.
.ܐܟܝܠـܡ ܐܙܟܐ ܨـܪܗܐـܝ.

Praise the holiest Ur-Akal, the greatest Three Lords. Aştur make us just, Nadterwat make us merciful, Karilşad make us strong.
ܒܛ ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ـܪ ܗܐܒܘܛ, ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ܛـܠܝ܀ ܐܫܛـܪ ܒـܢܝ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܢܐܕܛܪܘܐܛ ܗܐــܛ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܟܐܪـܠܫܐܕ ܙܐܪ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ܀

Forsher
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Forsher » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:27 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Gormwood wrote:How is "I'd rather play golf with Manson than Trump" equating them?

Agreed, Its saying Mason is better.

Quite.

And the whole thing is ridiculous... or does Bromagia actually think Trump is unique in being called a murderer for his policies? Clue: he is very far from being that. For example: Tony Blair, murderer.
That it Could be What it Is, Is What it Is

Stop making shit up, though. Links, or it's a God-damn lie and you know it.

The normie life is heteronormie

We won't know until 2053 when it'll be really obvious what he should've done. [...] We have no option but to guess.

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:42 pm

Cekoviu wrote:
Diahon wrote:
English only, yo.

it means "Oh, I would rather die than play with that bastard"

I Googled it.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Azka-surhai wrote:I would take the golf club and bash him in until I couldn't recognize him, but I suppose that's not in the poll options. So no, I would not.

*Secret Service has entered the chat.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Lindyman
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lindyman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:30 pm

Sure. golf is a relaxing gentleman sport.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:46 pm

Lindyman wrote:Sure. golf is a relaxing gentleman sport.

Trump is a gentleman? :rofl:

I would NEVER play with him as I find him vile.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:47 pm

Well, you do need to handle Trump with kid gloves, or else he'll burn the everloving shit out of you -- and you won't have any choice but to grin and bear it the whole time --

Rummaisal
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rummaisal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:53 pm

Never been golfing, and I don't think that going on a golf-outing with Trump is the best way to start. Although, I might "accidentally" let go of my golf club mid-swing, which may knock some sense into him. I'll think about it.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:54 pm

Rummaisal wrote:Never been golfing, and I don't think that going on a golf-outing with Trump is the best way to start. Although, I might "accidentally" let go of my golf club mid-swing, which may knock some sense into him. I'll think about it.

You'd knock more sense into a church or temple bell.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Inis Eagla
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inis Eagla » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:03 pm

I won't pretend I know the guy, but still I would play. We're both men and as long as he isn't openly hostile we could probably have a working relationship.
Though personally i'd be more interested in a game of Hurling, but i'd understandably destroy an older gentleman at it.
Marqués Leonardo Márquez in Medieval South RP

What if the Irish won at Kinsale? Gaelic Confederacy of Kings anyone?

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:08 pm

Inis Eagla wrote:I won't pretend I know the guy, but still I would play. We're both men and as long as he isn't openly hostile we could probably have a working relationship.
Though personally i'd be more interested in a game of Hurling, but i'd understandably destroy an older gentleman at it.

Could you have a working relationship when one side not only cheats but ignores your protests?

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:11 pm

No way, he seems like the kind of guy that would cheat on his scorecard. I'd rather play a round with his caddies.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Gentlemen don't drive their cart onto the damn green.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Gun Manufacturers
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 23, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gun Manufacturers » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:19 pm

Forsher wrote:Okay, let's ignore that there's a major public health crisis at the moment. Imagine it's some time in the future where Covid-19 is like SARS or whatever... incurable, but rare and containable. Or, alternatively, pretend it's, say, 4 June 2018.

Would you play Golf with Trump?

If you're wondering why I care, this is why. Do I know why that was a headline? No. But it was. If you're wondering... yes we know if John Key pisses in the shower. The answer is yes. The man will tell you anything. And apparently it's headline news even when he's no longer the prime minister.

Since I know NSG can be funny with the rules... these are the inviolable facts:

• you are you... you're only as well known, rich, old, educated, male, white etc. etc. as you actually are (I feel Trump might like you more if you're a rich white guy that lots people know)
  • Trump is Trump
  • it's just golf... but it could be more, depending on your conversation goes :rofl:
  • Trump has a spare set of clubs if you need 'em

Since it's Trump, if he really likes you, there's a good chance he might make you the boss of something. I wouldn't bank on having much job security though.

I don't know if golf has to be played in a quartet or not but if that's the case the other two people are... random secret service guys. If you really want them to have personalities: Secret Service Guy A likes well done steaks and Secret Service Guy B says he likes well done steaks.

Okay... so, my answer is "Sure, why not?"

I've never played golf* nor ever spent one on one time with anyone important, it'd be interesting. Playing golf with a dude, even one as awful and image-dependent as Trump, does not make you complicit in anything other than "playing golf with a dude". Likewise, if you think Trump's the bees knees, you don't somehow get to share in his magnificence merely by playing golf with him (and, honestly, if you tried to I don't think Trump would like it). Interesting, as they say, is a cop out: it's a wholly amoral term, and the friend of the fence sitter.

*I have, however, whacked a golf ball with a golf club... I strongly recommend wearing gloves.

Actually, I strongly suspect any conversation with Trump would quite rapidly become uninteresting, but I really want to know what covfefe means :rofl: And, besides, there are the secret service guys.

Related question... you and any three other people are playing golf, who are your other three people? They can be dead or alive. Like the dinner party guest game. I'll pick Tiger Woods (because, hey, then I could say I played golf against him), Lebron James and James Comey ('cause they're tall and don't seem like complete idiots).

I think the more relevant question is, would Trump want to play golf with me. I shot a 71 the one time I played golf. Man, was that a long first hole.
Gun control is like trying to solve drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars.

Any accident you can walk away from is one I can laugh at.

DOJ's interpretation of the 2nd Amendment: http://www.justice.gov/sites/default/fi ... -p0126.pdf

Natapoc wrote:...You should post more in here so I don't seem like the extremist...

Auraelius wrote:If you take the the TITANIC, and remove the letters T, T, and one of the I's, and add the letters C,O,S,P,R, and Y you get CONSPIRACY. oOooOooooOOOooooOOOOOOoooooooo

Maineiacs wrote:Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and get drunk all day.

Luw wrote:Politics is like having two handfuls of shit - one that smells bad and one that looks bad - and having to decide which one to put in your mouth.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Vetalia wrote:

Gentlemen don't drive their cart onto the damn green.

https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Inis Eagla
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Inis Eagla » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:36 pm

Diahon wrote:
Inis Eagla wrote:I won't pretend I know the guy, but still I would play. We're both men and as long as he isn't openly hostile we could probably have a working relationship.

Could you have a working relationship when one side not only cheats but ignores your protests?

>as long as he isn't openly hostile
I have heard he cheats, it's in some guy's book. I don't think he made any claim that he'd get aggressive if one pointed it out. So it'd probably be fine.
Marqués Leonardo Márquez in Medieval South RP

What if the Irish won at Kinsale? Gaelic Confederacy of Kings anyone?

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:38 pm

No thanks; unless...

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Azka-surhai
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Azka-surhai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Azka-surhai wrote:I would take the golf club and bash him in until I couldn't recognize him, but I suppose that's not in the poll options. So no, I would not.

*Secret Service has entered the chat*.

What are they gonna do, kill me?
.AKALATE OF AZKA-SURHAI.
.ܐܟܝܠـܡ ܐܙܟܐ ܨـܪܗܐـܝ.

Praise the holiest Ur-Akal, the greatest Three Lords. Aştur make us just, Nadterwat make us merciful, Karilşad make us strong.
ܒܛ ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ـܪ ܗܐܒܘܛ, ـܪ ܐܟܝܠ ܛـܠܝ܀ ܐܫܛـܪ ܒـܢܝ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܢܐܕܛܪܘܐܛ ܗܐــܛ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ, ܟܐܪـܠܫܐܕ ܙܐܪ ܫܐܙـܟ ܒـܗـܟ܀

Rost Dreadnorramus
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rost Dreadnorramus » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:42 pm

I would, not all that interested in golf to be honest but it would be an interesting experience.
Last edited by Rost Dreadnorramus on Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0=={]=====>

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:23 pm

I consider myself a good golf player. I would like to walk away having beat Trump at a game. It would be a good story.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:27 pm

Debussy wrote:I consider myself a good golf player. I would like to walk away having beat Trump at a game. It would be a good story.

One of the few times where beating a president won't be illegal.

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:30 pm

-Astoria wrote:
Debussy wrote:I consider myself a good golf player. I would like to walk away having beat Trump at a game. It would be a good story.

One of the few times where beating a president won't be illegal.

I guess if you planned to literally beat him with a golf club.

Lindyman
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindyman » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:47 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

Trump is a gentleman? :rofl:

I would NEVER play with him as I find him vile.

I never made an assessment of Trump's character. only the sport.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:56 pm

Debussy wrote:I guess if you planned to literally beat him with a golf club.

Well...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General