NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: American Political Roleplay (OOC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we shift the timescale during the Congressional Recess (July-September 2019)

Poll ended at Mon May 25, 2020 9:34 am

1. Yes, I want to shift the timescale to be 2 IC weeks per 1 OOC Week
78%
2. No, I want to keep the timescale as 1 IC week per 1 OOC week
22%

Total votes : 27

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:23 am

Someone should hunt down the districts of all of the Representatives at some point. Fingers crossed it won't be me. X_X
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:25 am

Rn I'm just trying to look for Republicans, particularly ones in the Senate, that are willing to work with Porter if he does win.````
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:26 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Rn I'm just trying to look for Republicans, particularly ones in the Senate, that are willing to work with Porter if he does win.````

Porter's best chance in that event is to make major policy concessions to key Senators in the event of victory.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:28 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Rn I'm just trying to look for Republicans, particularly ones in the Senate, that are willing to work with Porter if he does win.````

(Not-Sen. James “Jim” Inhofe) from Oklahoma probably could be persuaded.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:29 am

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:

Porter's best chance in that event is to make major policy concessions to key Senators in the event of victory.

He'd be willing to make economic concessions, but such as going back from medicare-for-all public option to a medicaid expansion bill, but not really social ones, although I don't think he'd need to make too many of those anyway. On demand abortion until the baby gets a nervous system would work...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:

He'd be willing to make economic concessions, but such as going back from medicare-for-all public option to a medicaid expansion bill, but not really social ones, although I don't think he'd need to make too many of those anyway. On demand abortion until the baby gets a nervous system would work...

Well, it's up to him whether he has a long term ambition of being re-elected if he upsets too many Republicans, but he'll either have to pivot right on economics or pivot left on social policy. The latter would probably be more strategically unwise as the Democrats won't on the whole embrace him and it'd make his election as a Republican president appear baffling. So he'd have to consider strongly revising his economic platform.
Neoliberal

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 am

Ah that new thread smell, also Sana could you add Eliza to the roster?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:33 am

New Cobastheia wrote:Ah that new thread smell, also Sana could you add Eliza to the roster?

Sure when I get the chance
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:34 am

New Cobastheia wrote:Ah that new thread smell, also Sana could you add Eliza to the roster?

Smells like napalm in the morning.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:34 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:He'd be willing to make economic concessions, but such as going back from medicare-for-all public option to a medicaid expansion bill, but not really social ones, although I don't think he'd need to make too many of those anyway. On demand abortion until the baby gets a nervous system would work...

Well, it's up to him whether he has a long term ambition of being re-elected if he upsets too many Republicans, but he'll either have to pivot right on economics or pivot left on social policy. The latter would probably be more strategically unwise as the Democrats won't on the whole embrace him and it'd make his election as a Republican president appear baffling. So he'd have to consider strongly revising his economic platform.

Of course, I'm predicting that. He can't turn the entire Republican Party to his quadrant, but he'll slowly do it over time by endorsing those that think like him in Republican primaries.
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:39 am

Of course, I'm predicting that. He can't turn the entire Republican Party to his quadrant, but he'll slowly do it over time by endorsing those that think like him in Republican primaries.

I like to think Merriam's made most of her priorities pretty clear, though I'm distinctly certain that she and Porter are irreconcilable. I'm highly doubtful he could convince her.
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:40 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Of course, I'm predicting that. He can't turn the entire Republican Party to his quadrant, but he'll slowly do it over time by endorsing those that think like him in Republican primaries.

I like to think Merriam's made most of her priorities pretty clear, though I'm distinctly certain that she and Porter are irreconcilable. I'm highly doubtful he could convince her.

Yep. Problem is, he's the exact opposite of a libertarian, and libertarians, whilst only making up a small percent of the American population, are very, very powerful.
Please Watch

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:40 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:

(Not-Sen. James “Jim” Inhofe) from Oklahoma probably could be persuaded.

I'll restate this.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:41 am

Yep. Problem is, he's the exact opposite of a libertarian, and libertarians, whilst only making up a small percent of the American population, are very, very powerful.

Merriam's shortlist right now is Wolf Jr. (who she found surprisingly sympathetic), Richardson (whose gone down in her estimations due to Amandagate), and Paulson (who she aligns closest to on policy but she's unsure would win).
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:44 am

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:(Not-Sen. James “Jim” Inhofe) from Oklahoma probably could be persuaded.

I'll restate this.

Talking to AI is hard.
Please Watch

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:46 am

I'm having this idea of the DNC hiring a big data analytics firm for fundraising efforts that could implicate Zhang in some controversy/scandal down the line but mostly serve to raise funds for the moment. Any thoughts?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:52 am

United Kolumbia wrote:I'm having this idea of the DNC hiring a big data analytics firm for fundraising efforts that could implicate Zhang in some controversy/scandal down the line but mostly serve to raise funds for the moment. Any thoughts?

Sounds good to me, your prerogative though
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:53 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Yep. Problem is, he's the exact opposite of a libertarian, and libertarians, whilst only making up a small percent of the American population, are very, very powerful.

Merriam's shortlist right now is Wolf Jr. (who she found surprisingly sympathetic), Richardson (whose gone down in her estimations due to Amandagate), and Paulson (who she aligns closest to on policy but she's unsure would win).

If porter is elected we will start seeing

Sen. Augusta Merriam (I-NH)
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:55 am

Agarntrop wrote:

If porter is elected we will start seeing

Doubtful. They played the same game with Trump.
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:56 am

Agarntrop wrote:If porter is elected we will start seeing

Doubtful. They played the same game with Trump.

Merriam could keep her head down with Wolf, especially as Wolf isn't out of step with her on the economy. She's got no incentive to remain a Republican with Porter.
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:57 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Doubtful. They played the same game with Trump.

Merriam could keep her head down with Wolf, especially as Wolf isn't out of step with her on the economy. She's got no incentive to remain a Republican with Porter.

When's Merriam up for election next?
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 am

Neoliberal

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:01 am

I know exactly what you're gonna do.
Die nasty!!111

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:01 am

Jovuistan wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:When's Merriam up for election next?

I know exactly what you're gonna do.

Overthrow the state government of New Hampshire by force of arms?
Neoliberal

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:06 am

Jovuistan wrote:I know exactly what you're gonna do.

Overthrow the state government of New Hampshire by force of arms?

I think he probably means quiten on gun control and run as an independent or dem even.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse