NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:45 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"You aren't actually considering endorsing a Republican are you?" she asked.

Ben Montgomery

"Of course not. Westra might spark an interest with me, but I'm not endorsing someone from the other side, unless in desperation. But seeing how things are comfy on the Democratic side, that's not going to happen."

She smiled a smile of relief, "I gather then, I'm not the first candidate to come seeking your counsel and support."
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Sarenium wrote:
She smiled a smile of relief, "I gather then, I'm not the first candidate to come seeking your counsel and support."

Ben Montgomery

"Oh trust me, there will be tons of candidates wanting to make meetings with me in a couple of months. You're the first one who wanted to do a meeting with me."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"Oh trust me, there will be tons of candidates wanting to make meetings with me in a couple of months. You're the first one who wanted to do a meeting with me."

"I've had respect for your successes for quite some time, you're quite the diplomat and frankly, I've wanted to see you in the Senate for some time, I can't think of someone more able to unite our party and gain the respect of the other side as effectively as you," she said sincerely, she truly did believe Ben would make a phenomenal legislator in DC, "but I wanted to ask, do you consider your capacity to be so as diplomatic, universal or confined to the borders of the United States?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"I've had respect for your successes for quite some time, you're quite the diplomat and frankly, I've wanted to see you in the Senate for some time, I can't think of someone more able to unite our party and gain the respect of the other side as effectively as you," she said sincerely, she truly did believe Ben would make a phenomenal legislator in DC, "but I wanted to ask, do you consider your capacity to be so as diplomatic, universal or confined to the borders of the United States?"

Ben Montgomery

"I have my experiences, but I much prefer the occuption that I'm currently in. I'm not someone who would be familiar in dealing with other senators within Congress. Some bills I can approve here and there, but it's a divided experience when one part of the same party doesn't agree with one another. There can be a time where I want to expand my capacity, however I see it as diplomatic in state terms, even though my influence applies to the state alone."

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:06 am

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"I have my experiences, but I much prefer the occuption that I'm currently in. I'm not someone who would be familiar in dealing with other senators within Congress. Some bills I can approve here and there, but it's a divided experience when one part of the same party doesn't agree with one another. There can be a time where I want to expand my capacity, however I see it as diplomatic in state terms, even though my influence applies to the state alone."

"What is it you're looking for in a Presidential Candidate?" she asked.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:08 am

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“Wow...that’s a shame. And he’s so friendly in person,” Allen said softly, a bit lost in thought.

"He puts on a good face, but like you said 'by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.’" Richardson smiled a bit but remained solemn "Look at his record, the way he inherited his business, how he runs it with no regard for his workers, the countless allegations of corruption and impropriety... You and me weren't born with that. My parents owned a small business, they struggled and strained... some years were really good, some were really rough... but we got through it as a family."

"I'm not a perfect man, not by a long shot... but everything I am you can see plain... I'm proud of all i've been able to do for North Carolina. I made peoples lives a bit easier in real measurable ways. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I pray and God reminds me of the work I've done through him and all the more I could do to help people."

“Oh wow, the more and more I think of it, the more he sounds like round 2 of Wolf,” replied Mark, as he glanced down at the gun on the table shortly before looking back up and Richardson.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:40 am

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"He puts on a good face, but like you said 'by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people.’" Richardson smiled a bit but remained solemn "Look at his record, the way he inherited his business, how he runs it with no regard for his workers, the countless allegations of corruption and impropriety... You and me weren't born with that. My parents owned a small business, they struggled and strained... some years were really good, some were really rough... but we got through it as a family."

"I'm not a perfect man, not by a long shot... but everything I am you can see plain... I'm proud of all i've been able to do for North Carolina. I made peoples lives a bit easier in real measurable ways. Whenever I feel overwhelmed I pray and God reminds me of the work I've done through him and all the more I could do to help people."

“Oh wow, the more and more I think of it, the more he sounds like round 2 of Wolf,” replied Mark, as he glanced down at the gun on the table shortly before looking back up and Richardson.

Richardson looked momentarily uncomfortable as Mark looked at the gun before quickly recovering "Mark... I think you and I are both trying to set the party and the country on the right path again. And I think we have very similar ideas on how to do that. I won't pretend I have all the answers, that it won't be hard but I think if you and I work together we can get to work."
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

United Kolumbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Kolumbia » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:44 am

Closed Door DNC Fundraiser Dinner, Sheraton New York Times Square Hotel, New York City
Zhang's personal fundraising efforts had been a success for the DNC so far, and with the Texas primary around the corner, she felt bound to raise more funds for a strong Democratic campaign with millions in DNC funding. A tight fundraising schedule had been set up in New York City, on which she hoped to rake in as much as five hundred thousand dollars. There was skepticism towards her intention of pumping unprecedented DNC funds into a Senate special election, both within the executive board of the DNC and among external party members, but this had not translated into criticism so far.

She had noted that the national press hadn't covered her fundraisers at all so far, which made her happy for two reasons. The first would be the surprise effect the cash advantage the Democratic campaign in Texas would get, as millions could quickly flow into the campaign efforts in addition to experienced staffers to help transition a primary campaign to an efficient general election machine. The second reason was the controversy of the kind of money Zhang was collecting. Red and red-leaning states did not appreciate high-dollar cash infusions from New York and California, which were the backbone of well-funded democratic campaigns. Embarking on her New York visit via train on a Friday afternoon, Zhang got a few hours to plan for the coming event.
Walking upon the stage when introduced as the desserts were being served, right after the half-famous band she'd asked to play had finished their third song of the evening, there were cheers and claps from the enthusiastic audience of a few hundred people. The event, focused on immigration reform and criticism of the immigration policies of the Wolf administration, had drawn a crowd of 250 democratic, and most importantly, wealthy, New Yorker participants.

"Thank you, thank you, everyone, thank you! I'm so happy to be in New York this evening, with all of you right here at Sheraton New York Times Square. The Texas Senate special election is just around the corner, and the DNC needs your help to support the Democratic nominee in the race ahead. The stakes are high, and I assure you, I smell blood and a chance that doesn't come around often. Analysts are calling a statewide election a tossup, which is unbelievable in itself, and the Republicans running seem to shoot themselves in the foot again and again. As optimistic as we might feel, we cannot take this race for granted, which is why we need your help."

"A Senate win in Texas could mean a Senate majority in 2020, if we can win there we could win almost anywhere. Voters, whether they be liberal or conservative, left or right, are yearning for a return to normalcy in American politics, where politicians do what is good for the country and being in the right. They see the inhumane immigration policies of the Wolf administration, family separations, pitting religious and ethnic groups against each other, threatening to deport children and using violence against immigrants, and know that he and his lackeys are in the wrong. Voters want politicians who take responsibility and try to solve problems while aiming to adhere to the principle of primum non nocere, first do no harm. How can we Americans allow our politicians to go after and demonize immigrants?"

"We democrats plan to make a stand for what is right next year, but the campaign has already started. We need to show our strength and our rejection of an inhumane immigration policy in Texas first, and then take on the race to the White House. Thank you!"

The dinner continued with a few more musical performances, and Zhang made sure to stay late for drinks in order to secure as large donations as possible.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:08 am

Nate Richardson
The Woodlands, Montgomery County, Texas
May 26th, 2019

After attending Sunday church services and doing his typical meet and greet with the parish afterwards Nate struck out into The Woodlands.

He visited Chevron Phillips Chemical, Hunstman Corporation, Woodforest National Bank, Baker Hughes, McDermont International, McKesson Corporation, Aon plc, Maesk Line Safmarine and Halliburton, who all had corporate campuses there. He devoted a half hour to each campus on speaking to the white collar workers in short Q&A sessions and had a half hour closed door meetings with the owners regarding details of his business policies. He mainly pitched Brookshire and her support of the business community over Cramp and Shah. Richardson had a great deal of credibility in this area and so hopefully it would be worth a bit.

He then did an interview with “Viva! The Woodlands Magazine” to talk about his policies and how Brookshire would benefit the hispanic community in the United States and Texas versus Cramp and Shah, which also served to raise his own profile. This was followed by an hour long meeting with the leaders of several spanish language churches in The Woodlands to whom he spoke about “Community Values” and “Community Development” and how churches would factor into that.

Next up was Market Street, the pedestrian shopping district. He visited shopping centers, grocery stores, shops, banks, gas stations, restaurants and any other business he could, interacting with customers, workers and owners talking about Brookshire and to a lesser extent himself as his team canvassed the general area to cover more ground.

In the evening he visited the residential area, knocking on doors and selling Karen Brookshire. Doing his best to be humble and selfless, selling Brookshire with earnest enthusiasm and a personal touch. Finally he visited the Hindu Temple of the Woodlands, speaking with the small but growing Hindu population in the city, practicing his pitch to the greater Indian population.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:37 am

To: Governor Mike Velez

Dear Governor,

I would like to meet with you at the nearest opportunity. Would you like to come to my office or for me to come to yours?

Most sincerely,
Erika Goldman
Senior Senator from Connecticut
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"A good president is someone who wouldn't abuse their powe for their own gain. Someone who isn't corrupt and speaks directly to the people of all states. With the political climate currently, people want a president who connects with them. Friendly, honest, able to run a nation with full responsibility, overall a person who cares for others than themselves."

RPs I do

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:46 pm

Dentali wrote:"No I don't think its futile at all, by all means change your strategy to meet the new realities on the ground... Iowa is known to love its retail politics and people barnstorming the state like you are, you cant win iowa voters unless you talk to them personally. Your style fits Iowa. Just realize that every second you campaign in one state you are sacrificing a second in all the others. If you are going to commit to winning Iowa then commit to winning Iowa, don't have your team committed to New Hampshire and then spend all your time in Iowa."

"You aren't taking big donations, thats brave, thats admirable, and i'm not saying thats a bad idea... but at the end of the day your resources will be limited compared to someone who takes the donations. Yes you have a fundraising lead but not for that much longer now that Velez is climbing. Point being you can't be everywhere at once, and you don't have the money to fund a 50 state campaign. Id pick 2 or 3 of the first 4 states, half the super tuesday states and then don't focus on any others until you have to."

"Yeah, we want to do really well in the states that we focus in on. I'm cognizant of the disadvantages that come with our fundraising policies, I'm obviously no Sam Baginski and you're right that the edge won't last forever. I'm looking at winning Iowa and Nevada, and then on Super Tuesday I'm obviously going to focus on racking up delegates in California and Texas, with wins in, say, Colorado, Maine and Utah."

"But the real prize I want comes way after Super Tuesday 1. I want to sweep the Midwest...I've visited Ohio multiple times already, visited Wisconsin once and Michigan twice. I think we have the potential to do well there. Do you have any advice on that front? Obviously, you probably have special insight into what folks are thinking up there."
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:35 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
Dentali wrote:"No I don't think its futile at all, by all means change your strategy to meet the new realities on the ground... Iowa is known to love its retail politics and people barnstorming the state like you are, you cant win iowa voters unless you talk to them personally. Your style fits Iowa. Just realize that every second you campaign in one state you are sacrificing a second in all the others. If you are going to commit to winning Iowa then commit to winning Iowa, don't have your team committed to New Hampshire and then spend all your time in Iowa."

"You aren't taking big donations, thats brave, thats admirable, and i'm not saying thats a bad idea... but at the end of the day your resources will be limited compared to someone who takes the donations. Yes you have a fundraising lead but not for that much longer now that Velez is climbing. Point being you can't be everywhere at once, and you don't have the money to fund a 50 state campaign. Id pick 2 or 3 of the first 4 states, half the super tuesday states and then don't focus on any others until you have to."

"Yeah, we want to do really well in the states that we focus in on. I'm cognizant of the disadvantages that come with our fundraising policies, I'm obviously no Sam Baginski and you're right that the edge won't last forever. I'm looking at winning Iowa and Nevada, and then on Super Tuesday I'm obviously going to focus on racking up delegates in California and Texas, with wins in, say, Colorado, Maine and Utah."

"But the real prize I want comes way after Super Tuesday 1. I want to sweep the Midwest...I've visited Ohio multiple times already, visited Wisconsin once and Michigan twice. I think we have the potential to do well there. Do you have any advice on that front? Obviously, you probably have special insight into what folks are thinking up there."

“Keep the message simple. People want factories back, people are desperate and fed up.... look if I were to give you any one piece of advice.... reach out to the African American community, talk to them, sit with them, make them know you feel their pain and want to help. The fact you’ve barely visited South Carolina is concerning to me.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:09 pm

Diane Paulson Rally & Retail Politics
Elko, Nevada

Diane Paulson was making the rounds on these early campaign stops announcing her various policy plans. Going into the first debate, she wanted to lay claim to being the most policy-focused candidate in the GOP primary.

She rolled out her tax plan yesterday, first in Boise, then on her website. Now, she would roll out her plans to allow more permit mining on certain federal lands, and her plans related to agriculture, as mining and ranching were the two main economic sectors in Elko.

Katrina has come along on the Nevada trip, and though she wasn’t giving a speech at the Elko rally, she did give her mother an introduction.

"Hey everyone, my name is Katrina Paulson-Thomas, daughter of the woman who’s the reason we’re all here today. She is a lifelong Republican, a born-again Christian, a fearless leader, a fighter for the American people, an experienced legislator and accomplished writer, I want to introduce the next President of the United States, my mother, Diane Paulson!!!”

The crowd cheered, and Diane looked out over the crowd to see several men in cowboy hats. That reminded her to make sure to communicate her plans for rural areas adequately.

”I’m so honored to be here in Elko, Nevada. I was talking with some of you earlier today, this is a really historically important place. I mean, I already knew that this was the epicenter of America’s gold mining industry, and a town with a cool cowboy heritage, but I didn’t know this town was also home to a huge population of the Basque people. What a unique place! Elko is one of many of these awesome, historic small towns across America. There are so many of these great rural locations, with such history and culture. And if we’re not careful, we will lose them all.”

“I’m not kidding. As you well know, America’s small towns are dying. If you’re little home is off the beaten path, you might wake up one day to find it gone. Rural America needs a revitalization.”

“My Prosperity Plan will set all income taxes at a flat 15% rate, as well as all corporate taxes. We’re eliminating all the loopholes that shift the tax burden from the rich onto working Americans. But there is one type of corporation who is getting a complete break from corporate tax, and that’s America’s family-owned farms and ranches. Reducing on the financial burden on farmers and ranchers will provide stability to America’s rural communities, will stimulate the agricultural industry, and the savings will be noticeable both in farmer’s pay they take home to their families, and the money they have to run a stable business.”

“Again, I want to reiterate, this is a ZERO percent tax for farms and ranches with under ten employees, and a FIVE percent tax for farms and ranches with more employees than that. Also, if you have a ranch and nine employees, and you want to add another, your tax rate won’t go from the zero percent bracket to Some might call this ‘extreme’ or a ‘drastic’ tax cut. I call it looking out for our farmers and ranchers. I also see it as a way to revitalize our rural communities, a lower tax burden on agriculture will help America’”

“I hear Elko is a hub for cowboys, ranchers, all of those who work in the cattle industry, and is the host of the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering every year. From what I hear, it is a great event that celebrates rural American life, a lifestyle often misunderstood and neglected, and a lifestyle that I will enact policies to preserve. But if you want to talk about a symbol of American freedom and liberty, there's nothing better than a cowboy. And cowboys know that when a bad year comes, you can lose out on a lot of your income. With the Paulson Prosperity Plan’s Agriculture Tax Cut, we will give those who feed America. The good cattle ranchers of northern Nevada shouldn’t have to lose their land in a bad year to fund some Congressman in the Bay Area’s pork barrel spending!”

“You hear me right…other politicians want to tax ranchers to fund their PORK! I want to keep the money in your pockets so you can keep making America’s BEEF!”

The crowd chuckled a bit at her pun.

“But I’m serious! Back in 2010, states like Nevada and all over the Rockies, they were a hotbed for the Tea Party movement. In this case, ‘TEA’ stood for Taxed Enough Already…taxes have kept going up, and nothing has changed. Now is the time to take back America’s tax code, simplify it, and make it work for the people! Our tax plan will help ”

“But even though I have a strong commitment to tax cuts, my administration knows of other ways to expand the rural economy. I plan to work with the Bureau of Land Management to create grazing management practices that will both be sustainable and will increase the availability of grazing land to cattle ranchers.”

“Elko is known for cattle, but Elko is also known for mining. I am committed to allowing for more gold mining on Nevada’s federal lands, and I believe that we should be issuing more permits for mining minerals. Just as I want to end our dependence on foreign oil, I was to end our dependence on foreign minerals like gold and copper.”

“I’m a firm believer in your right to bear arms. I believe that government has no business in your bedroom, your pocket, or your gun safe. America was founded with only a few guidelines to ensure its success, the Second Amendment is one of those rules.”

“The people in charge now, they don’t like regular Americans like you and me. Clifford called hard-working Americans ‘deplorables,’ Wolf calls our fellow conservatives ‘clowns,’ ‘lightweights,’ ‘spoiled brats,’ ‘pathetic,’ and ‘losers,’ and Secretary Porter is calling people like us ‘snobs’ and ‘hypocrites’. But We The People, who believe in Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity are NONE OF THOSE THINGS! The elitists in Washington have no care for Americans. I know. I’ve spent years there trying to expose the worst of them. I uncovered corruption time and time again there.”

“But the authoritarians in Washington think they know what is best for America. I, Diane Paulson, think that Americans know what is best for America.”

“Also, when did values and principles, standing up for what is right, treating people with honestly, when did any of these things become a bad thing? Because those are the things I see in real Americans like you. I don’t know where Wolf or Clifford got any impression that if you’re a true free-market conservative, or a strong libertarian, or a pragmatic and collaborative moderate, I don’t know why these authoritarians see any of the people like you differently.”

“Don’t get me wrong. I endorsed Wolf. I voted for Wolf. Wolf has done great things for this economy, has reasserted the Republican role in American politics, and in some ways, he’s really achieved the goal of making ‘America Great Again.’ Every night, he and his family are in my prayers as her struggles with this terrible illness. I wish him a full and well recovery, and I look forward to working with him soon. I genuinely like Wolf! But Wolf does have an authoritarian streak, I won’t deny that, and he grew up in the big city, so he doesn’t have that small town perspective.”

“Wolf isn’t the problem, but the copycats he has inspired are. Secretary Porter worked in Wolf’s administration, and look at the way that he chastises and talks down to Americans who have values different than his. I worked in Reagan’s administration, and I care about all of my fellow Americans. You aren’t ‘deplorables’ or ‘losers’, you’re Americans, and to me, the American people are the heroes of the world.”

“Also, having values and principles is a good thing! I don’t know when we lost that, but if anyone is going to bring it back, it’s good, principled Americans like yourselves. Libertarians, moderates, and true conservatives have been shut out of the conversation by neo-Nazi sympathizers, authoritarians, and the spineless cowards who kiss their asses for a few years now. Secretary Porter called me out by name in his last speech, so I’m going to fight back. If you let a Nazi flag fly at your rally without security escorting them out, you’re not a real American, you’re a coward. American’s don’t stand for that crap, it’s not the American way. If I am elected President, I will doing a thorough vetting of anyone that Porter hired or nominated, to make sure we do not have nationalists and socialists like Porter serving in our government.”

“He is a Nationalist, and a Socialist, and he had Nazi flags flying at his rally. The left was sensationalizing about Wolf, he never showed anything that in my mind showed himself to be hateful, just a bit of an opportunist. But Porter represents a dangerous threat to America, authoritarian Nationalist Socialism. This time it’s real, and this is a wake up call. I am calling on all Americans to join me in condemning the actions of Secretary Porter, and asking him to suspend his shameful National Socialist campaign for president. Those aren’t Republican values that he represents, they are something hateful and dark.”

“Frankly, if Thomas Jefferson or any of the Founders were here today, they’d be rounding up the troops. They threw tea in a harbor and started a war for a slight tariff, we have crippling tariffs hurting farmers, ranchers, and working Americans. Our last election was between a pro-tariff big-government Republican and a tax-and-spend authoritarian elitist in Clifford. Now, there’s REAL SOCIALISTS running on the left and a REAL NATIONAL SOCIALIST running on the right.”

“Luckily, real, honest people with American values have another option when the elections roll around. Conservatives, moderates, libertarians, and anyone who is fed up with the extremism, the hateful rhetoric, the lies, the deceit, and the empty promises that is coming out of Washington these days have a duty to stand up and make a change! I recognize that need, and I want to MAKE THAT CHANGE. Let’s get America BACK ON TRACK. Get things BACK TO NORMAL. With real American values; LIBERTY, PEACE, and PROSPERITY.”

“But we’re going to need your help. Nevada runs on a closed caucus system, so I’m going to need you all to plan ahead. Sign up for your local caucus! You gotta do it at least 30 days in advance, I’d say go home and do it now! And then you need to set aside the date February 22nd, 2020. You get 365 days a year, but this one day, February 22nd, you should take the chance to be part of the Nevada caucus.”

“And I’m asking for your support. If you think big government has gone too far, and both left-wing and right-wing authoritarianism are out of control, the Diane Paulson campaign is for you. Real Americans, fighting against the interests of political elites. I believe in that mission, and if you do too, I know that I will win your support.”

The crowd cheered and clapped as Diane left the stage with a smile, on her way to Reno before going back to New England to finish off the week.

NEARBY RETAIL POLITICS EVENTS

- Paulson gave a speech to a veteran’s group in Twin Falls, Idaho, where she spoke about her foreign policy agenda and the need to reduce our involvement in the Middle East while enacting a bilateral total free trade agreement with Israel to boost their economy.
- Paulson had a meeting with several business leaders in Jackpot, on the Idaho-Nevada border. Many of these business leaders own casinos, and asked Diane tough questions about her tax plans and about her plans. Almost half of them bought Paulson 2020 campaign yard signs.
- Diane met with a College Students for Paulson group at Idaho State University in Pocatello. She joined them on their campus as they passed out fliers and campaign signs. She also gave a short Q&A session with the Idaho State University Women in Politics club, which was more geared toward her general experience as a female politician.
- Paulson toured a large-scale gold mining operation in between Elko and Winnemucca. There, she spoke with mining workers about the need to enact reforms that will reduce American dependence on foreign mining operations and will provide more jobs for working-class Americans.
- Winnemucca, Nevada was where Paulson met with local banking leaders in one meeting, and school teachers in the next meeting. She answered questions about the economy for the first group, and questions about education for the second group. She had a town hall with the chamber of commerce in Winnemucca, and there, she promised that her “Prosperity Plan” would cause “Great Economic Revolution” as she called it.
- In Fallon, Nevada, Diane had a town hall with the local chamber of commerce that was quite similar to the one in Winnemucca, though business leaders in Fallon were more receptive to Paulson’s message, with one prominent local even calling her tax plan “visionary.”
- In Carson City, Diane met with leaders of the state Republican Party, to mixed results. Many were very supportive of her campaign, but a few vocal opponents criticized her more liberal social views and called them ‘California views, but for the whole country’. She rebutted that her views “aren’t progressive, they’re libertarian. Libertarianism doesn’t mean I approve of those behaviors, just that I don’t think government should put people in cages for them.” She also met with local business leaders near Lake Tahoe, many of whom were California expats who left for lower taxes and better opportunity, and they were very receptive to her economic policies.
Last edited by Velahor on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:38 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:
“Wow...that’s a shame. And he’s so friendly in person,” Allen said softly, a bit lost in thought.

“He sounds like another Wolf,” Allen remarked. “So, I think you have him beat. I also like Paulson, so why should I choose you over her?”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“He sounds like another Wolf,” Allen remarked. “So, I think you have him beat. I also like Paulson, so why should I choose you over her?”

“I like Paulson too, to be honest if I win she’d be in my cabinet for sure. But honestly I don’t know if she can unite the party. Plus I’ve had executive experience and a really good record of success to go with my rhetoric. But ultimately she’s a good option to think about.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

“I like Paulson too, to be honest if I win she’d be in my cabinet for sure. But honestly I don’t know if she can unite the party. Plus I’ve had executive experience and a really good record of success to go with my rhetoric. But ultimately she’s a good option to think about.”

For Allen, this response was better than if Richardson had said something negative about her.

“I like y’all both a lot, she actually recently invited me to a meeting in DC but it was a group meeting at a time I couldn’t make. But you’re right. I don’t know if she can actually unite the party, she’s made it clear that she’s trying to remake the party without Wolfists, and good on her for trying, but I don’t know if that’s going to win this election with that strategy. It’s a big ol’ risk, and if you read her books, that’s kinda what she’s like. I don’t know if I wanna take that risk myself until time has let Wolf’s image and power fade a bit.”

“So, for the big questions, how do you really feel about guns? Answer honestly, not politically. What is your ‘philosophy’ on gun ownership?”

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:43 pm

Velahor wrote:
Dentali wrote:

For Allen, this response was better than if Richardson had said something negative about her.

“I like y’all both a lot, she actually recently invited me to a meeting in DC but it was a group meeting at a time I couldn’t make. But you’re right. I don’t know if she can actually unite the party, she’s made it clear that she’s trying to remake the party without Wolfists, and good on her for trying, but I don’t know if that’s going to win this election with that strategy. It’s a big ol’ risk, and if you read her books, that’s kinda what she’s like. I don’t know if I wanna take that risk myself until time has let Wolf’s image and power fade a bit.”

“So, for the big questions, how do you really feel about guns? Answer honestly, not politically. What is your ‘philosophy’ on gun ownership?”

“I honestly don’t like speaking bad about people, even my rivals. At any rate I was the only candidate to speak at the NRA convention this year. I didn’t grow up as a ‘gun guy’ my dad took me and my siblings fishing growing up, not hunting. But I’ve always respected firearms, they are essential not just to defense but to the American identity, the revolution wouldn’t have happened if they hadn’t invented guns. And on top of that I’m a data guy, guns make communities safer.”

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:06 pm

Dentali wrote:
Velahor wrote:

“I honestly don’t like speaking bad about people, even my rivals. At any rate I was the only candidate to speak at the NRA convention this year. I didn’t grow up as a ‘gun guy’ my dad took me and my siblings fishing growing up, not hunting. But I’ve always respected firearms, they are essential not just to defense but to the American identity, the revolution wouldn’t have happened if they hadn’t invented guns. And on top of that I’m a data guy, guns make communities safer.”

“They do, and what is going to be your response on school shootings?” Mark asked.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Diane Paulson Rally and Retail Politics
Reno Convention Center
Reno, Nevada

In Reno, Nevada, Diane knew her focus would need to be a little different than in Elko. Elko was an outlier, a cattle ranching town with more in common with Idaho and Montana towns than Nevada towns. Nevada had some of the most politically-active unions in the country, and Reno was full of many members of these unions. Her approach would need to be a bit different than the one she had used in Elko, so her focus would need to be a little different.

Diane was introduced by her Nevada campaign chair, Charlie Robbins. The crowd was bubbling with excitement as the speech was about to begin.

”Hello everybody, here’s the moment you’ve all been waiting for. I’m here to introduce to you a fighter for the American spirit. Somebody more in tune with the values that drive the greatest nation on earth more than anyone I have ever met. She embodies the work ethic, the determination, the kindness, and the boldness that makes this nation special. Diane Paulson believes in greater Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity as the goal for American governance, and her presidency will ensure a better future for all Americans. Give it up for Congresswoman Diane Paulson!!!”

Diane smiled and waved, and took the microphone with energy and enthusiasm.

“IT’S TIME TO PUT AMERICANS BACK IN THIS COUNTRY’S DRIVER’S SEAT! It is time to take back the power from BIG GOVERNMENT and give it back to the people. It’s time that we make our government treat us all like human beings and not infringe on the choices we make for our lives! I see great patriotism among you all, and I am so glad to be here tonight. My name is Diane Paulson, and I have been a Congresswoman for ten years, and let me tell you, I’m one of the only people working in Washington DC who actually wants to give you choices, and give you power over your own life!”

“Other politicians ask you to give them more power, so THEY can achieve things for this country. I’m asking you to vote for me so government can have LESS power, because giving government MORE power for the past thirty years has been a MASSIVE FAILURE.”

“But do you know what never fails? The American people. The spirit, the work ethic, the motivation of the American people will always achieve great things. As a libertarian, I believe that by giving the American people MORE of the power, we will find even GREATER successes.”

“I’m not just talk like my opponents, I have complete policies that will in detail return power to the American people.”

“Like my tax Prosperity Plan, which will increase American incomes by 16%, strengthen our economy, and won’t cost our country’s safety net a dime. Or my Human-Forward Healthcare Reform plan, which will place the people back at the center of the healthcare market, and will reduce healthcare costs for all Americans. Human-Forward Healthcare Reform is the most affordable solution for American healthcare when considering both health costs and increased taxes. Or my plans for trade policy, which will get us out of these nonsense trade wars with China and will return America to true international economic superiority.”

“Every once in awhile, America needs a big change to tax policy. I worked for Ronald Reagan in the 1980’s, and he did just that. Soviet Russia was posing a socioeconomic threat to the United States, and what did he do?”

“Reagan cut taxes. The American economy flourished, and we got out of the recession of the 1970’s and dominated the global economy for several decades. But now our new challenger for the leading economy in the world is catching up. China is trying to surpass our economy, and they are using shady measures of manipulating currency to get there.”

“We gotta cut them off. We need to FIRST, cut taxes and create a Great Economic Revolution in our country. SECOND, we need to cut out Chinese manufacturing by starting trade agreements with countries who play nice with us, like Mexico and the Philippines. This includes giving the TPP a second look, and enacting my proposed United States–Israel States Free Trade Agreement expansion bill, and potentially doing the same with another ally we have a ‘special relationship’ with, the United Kingdom. THIRD, we need to make bold changes to rein in the national debt and balance the budget, to reduce our nations liability of financial hardship. FINALLY, we MUST end OPEC’s control of oil prices once-and-for-all by instead focusing on AMERICAN energy production. There is no winning if we get in trade wars with China, or get stuck between OPEC and Russia’s oil price wars, only continued economic hardship for the American people. Let’s not leave our energy prices at the hands of dictators and madmen, and let’s take advantage of all of our energy options: coal, nuclear, solar, oil, gas, wind, everything we can use to make energy affordable in America. Greater energy affordability will help with greater purchasing power, the savings of cheaper energy will mean that American-made good will be more affordable than EVER.”

“They say the economy is booming like never before, and by all accounts, that is right. But the problem is, those economic benefits aren’t being passed onto the people. Instead, they’re being taxed away and given to companies like Amazon, who paid no corporate taxes in 2018. I want to put the POWER back into the hands of the American people, and I also want to put MONEY back in the hands of the American people. Our nation is producing like never before, and I want to make sure Americans reap the benefits.”

“One benefit the Americans should be reaping, but are not, is the vast resources of our federal lands. Nevada has mass amounts of unused federal land that could be used for everything from gold mining, to grazing, to solar and wind power generation. Do you realize how many jobs could be created by using this land? I’m all for protecting beautiful natural landscapes and endangered species habitats, but a lot of the empty federal land is just that, empty land waiting for us to put it to work for our country.”

“Here’s the thing too, no Republican or Democrat has as bold of economic plans as mine. Wolf built a foundation for a better economy, now it’s time to PUT THAT ECONOMY TO WORK FOR THE PEOPLE! I have a tax plan that will cause major economic growth in this country. Why wouldn’t you vote for that?”

“BUT ALSO, no Republican or Democrat is as dedicated to human liberty and rooting out government corruption like I am. I have spent years as an investigative journalist uncovering the scandals of big government, so I have seen the waste, the abuse, and the inefficiency firsthand. Why should a government that can’t even keep itself out of trillion dollars of debt have control of what you eat, or what you choose to medicate with? I applaud the people of the great state of Nevada for legalizing cannabis in their state. It doesn’t matter if marijuana is good or bad for you or if you think it’s good for society. That’s not what we should legislate by if we TRULY honor your LIBERTY! You’re smart! You can decide what to put in your body!”

“What right do I have as an elected official to tell you what you can put in your body? I have no such right, except for one imagined by anti-liberty authoritarians like Secretary Bernie Porter. Again, I am calling for Porter to withdraw from the race based on his uncivil behavior, support of neo-Nazis, his national socialist socially-and-economically totalitarian views, and routine attacks on me and my fellow Republican candidates. He is drawing shame onto the Republican Party and shame onto the Wolf administration he served under.”

“I don’t like to criticize my fellow candidates, most of them are good men who represent this country well, but Porter’s totalitarian views are out-of-touch with America, with the Republican Party, and with basic human decency.”

“He believes that he should control every aspect of American’s lives. If he doesn’t like something you do, he will ban it, whether it is what you watch, what you eat, or what you say. I am very disappointed to see our nation come to the point where a man like him isn’t cast aside for their controlling, manipulative, and sensationalist brand of politics. But I hold hope, because I see each and every one of you, and I know that if we return the power to YOU rather than big-government cronies like HIM, we will have a bright future.”

“A vote for me is a vote for that future, where you reclaim more of the choices and natural rights that you were born with. My platform is a simple one.”

“I support greater LIBERTY for Americans over their choices with their bodies, their money, their home, and their families. Let’s get the government out of the all the areas of life that we can handle ourselves.”

“I support greater PEACE, including a sensible and diplomatic foreign policy, better international cooperation, the ability to say NO to governments who interfere in elections and manipulate currencies, and improved relations between the diverse communities that make up our nation.”

“And I support greater PROSPERITY for Americans through increased financial freedom, a cutting tax rates to supercharge our economy, and putting more money in the hands of Americans with every paycheck.”

“If you support this mission of Liberty, Peace, and Prosperity, then I strongly urge you to get registered to participate in the Nevada caucus. You must be registered at least 30 days before the caucus date of February 22nd, 2020. Make sure to get registered by January 22nd! I need supporters at EVERY county convention, to speak on behalf of this campaign and this mission. We need BIG-TIME turnout from each and every one of you to make this work.”

“Some candidates, especially certain Democrats, try to buy your vote with ‘free stuff’ and fear tactics. The ‘carrot and the stick’ they call it. I know, because I’ve walked the halls of Congress with the big-government cronies, I’ve heard what they talk about. It’s like they’re trying to bribe you for your vote.”

“I on the other hand know that the America people CAN NOT BE BOUGHT! The values that I am talking about are too important, and too needed in this time of national uncertainty, to go unignored. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak with you. Together, we can win and get this crazy world back to normal again."

NEARBY RETAIL POLITICS EVENTS

- Paulson visited a retirement community in Reno, where she spoke with seniors about the direction she sees the country heading with authoritarian socialism gaining popularity on both the left and the right, with comparisons to historical examples.
- Paulson spoke with manufacturing and shipping executives and community leaders in Reno to talk about the recent growth in the region with tech companies and warehouses moving out to Reno. Diane’s Tax Prosperity Plan was noted by several as being a pro-growth policy that would encourage more investment in the Reno region.
- Paulson went to Lake Tahoe to give a town hall on public land use, where she assured locals that her efforts to better utilize public land would include recreation and would still maintain significant amounts of habitat preservation.
- Paulson accepted an invitation by gun rights activists to give a pro-Second Amendment speech at event in Truckee, California, a small mountain town just inside the California border near Reno, and promised them that she would join them and speak at a future protest in Sacramento.
- Paulson headed further into California, where she went to San Jose and met with tech industry executives. She faced questions and criticism for her tax plan and her attacks on Amazon for paying no taxes in 2018. She assured the tech leaders that the tax plan would be overall beneficial for the tech community due to the economic impacts and growth opportunities, and a few key individuals who pledged financial support.
Last edited by Velahor on Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:52 pm

Gullah Festival, Beaufort, South Carolina
(May 23rd, 2019)

The Velez campaign was feeling positive about South Carolina. It seemed very likely that they could take the lead in South Carolina, which would only build media narratives surrounding the shift of black support from the Little camp to his own. The relentless attendance of community events, rallies, and the newly circulated mailers were all paying off, given his position right behind the state's frontrunner. The latest event his campaign brought Mike to was the Gullah Festival in Beaufort, SC. The coastal town's African American cultural event was important for African heritage, the survival of the Gullah and Gychee languages and cultures.

There, Velez watched traditional dancing, tried his hand at basket weaving, and, of course, ate lots of fried food and drank lots of beer, leaving him bloated as usual. The campaign trail was tough on a man's body. However, the proof of his campaign's success was in the pudding- many people recognized him from local media coverage of the Confederate Memorial Day rallies, and from his mailers. So, despite keeping it low-key, his face was shown through social media selfies, handing out campaign literature, and thanks to being spotted by the local press.

After the event, on the relatively long drive back to Charleston where the Governor was staying, Velez was given the chance by the campaign manager to review the campaign's first cable news ad, intended for all South Carolina media markets. The campaign was weary of using ads outside of expensive states like Texas and California, but inevitably decided it would be worth it to emerge as the frontrunner in the early state with the largest delegate haul. It would be worth it to keep building his profile in a state that was still getting to know him.

Upbeat music plays, with a female narrator's voice fading in

"This is Mike Velez, father, husband, and candidate for President."

"Mike's parents came from Colombia. They taught him the importance of loving God and your country, and how that is best done through fighting for justice and equality for all."

"Fighting for equality is what inspired Mike to befriend President Baharia, fellow son of immigrants, and serve with him in the White House."

"Fighting for justice is what inspired Mike to become Governor of Florida, winning even after it became a Wolf state. It's what inspired him to enact criminal justice reform, remove Confederate monuments, and raise school quality, especially for districts with large African American and Hispanic populations."

"It is what inspired Mike to be one of the only candidates to march against injustice in Birmingham, and to be the only candidate who marched against the Confederate legacy and racism in Columbia."

"Fighting for equality is what inspired Mike to become the only candidate with a comprehensive plan to fight for economic equality for those who have faced historic discrimination from the eras of slavery to segregation to today. With a plan to not only explore reparations, but to de-segregate schools for the 21st century and end generational poverty."

"This is Mike Velez. Fighter, dreamer, and battle-tested winner who will bring new politics for a new decade."

"I'm Mike Velez and I approve this message."

Mike approved of the ad, and so it was put into use.
Last edited by Sanabel on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:08 pm, edited 7 times in total.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:58 pm

Levi Murphy Retail Politics in Le Claire
Le Claire, Iowa

Team Levi, after wrapping up a successful rally in Detroit Michigan, moved onto a different kind of audience and environment. They visited the dainty little Iowan village called Le Claire. Its name recognition came a lot, in part, due to the show 'American Pickers' being held in the small town. These were the kind of small town, working class, rural voters that Levi wanted to attract to win the Presidential election and Democratic Primary in Iowa. They first started off by visiting local supporters of the Senator in the town in a local park, where they had decided to meet. The Senator shook hands with all of them, signs were propped up around the place to get the name recognition out there. He tried his best to inspires the volunteers and supporters who arrived, there was free lunch for turning up, so that was something to draw people in too. After this, the volunteers and the team split into multiple groups to go door-knocking. Of course, Levi helped out to and door-knocked a few streets, but he couldn't stay too long because he had another event occurring in the small town afterwards.

Levi visited the Cody Road Historic District and toured the district. The campaign was following close behind, recording him walking around and viewing the historical heritage of the small town. He met many people there and got to know a few of them, putting his name out there and increasing name recognition among the population. At the end of the Historic District, there was the Buffalo Bill Museum. Apparently the 'Iowan Whiskey' there was something everyone tried. Levi took shots of it as the people around watched and cheered, the campaign recorded it to later upload to social media accounts. "That'll put hairs on your chest," Levi joked, the group of people around him and watching him laughed. He ordered quite a bit of the Iowan Whiskey for the campaign trail, and tipped the owners a bit more for all the fantastic work they were doing in keeping the history of rural Iowa alive.

Le Claire was also very well-known for its' high population of Bald Eagles, which were also a symbol of American democracy and the President. They didn't miss out on an opportunity to feed the majestic birds along the Mississippi River where they usually congregate. Levi got a picture with a large bald eagle that was perched close to him. This too was uploaded onto social media. He spoke with many of the other people watching the birds, some of them tourists, a lot of them locals who just went down to have a look. The campaign announced that while in Le Claire that Levi would donate some of his own personal money to the groups that worked to look after the Bald Eagles and keep their habitats alive and well in Iowa. Levi handed them a cheque for $200 USD and wished them all of the best luck in their ventures.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:42 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"A good president is someone who wouldn't abuse their powe for their own gain. Someone who isn't corrupt and speaks directly to the people of all states. With the political climate currently, people want a president who connects with them. Friendly, honest, able to run a nation with full responsibility, overall a person who cares for others than themselves."

"No policy litmus tests in there?" she sipped her coffee.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:13 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"I can still hate someone even though we might approve of the same thing." Ben said as he sipped his coffee.

RPs I do

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:09 am

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"I can still hate someone even though we might approve of the same thing." Ben said as he sipped his coffee.

"Then, if I may be so bold to ask, where do I fit on that?" she smiled as she sipped her coffee.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse