NATION

PASSWORD

AOHC 7: Northwest Kalactin Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

AOHC 7: Northwest Kalactin Everything Thread

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 pm

Welcome to the 7th edition of the Atlantian Oceana Hockey Championships! The Sporting Commision of Northwest Kalactin is delighted to invite the nation’s of the tournament to the stadiums of Gold Coast and Murwelldobah

Nations in AOHC 7 so far:
Northwest Kalactin (Hosts)
Gyatso-kai
Siovanija & Teusland
Delaclava
Banija
Baker Park
Sarzonia
Vilita & Turori
Qasden
Ko-oren
Quebec

Signup/OOC thread

Ranks:
1	Vilita & Turori	        15.26
2 Valanora 12.48
3 Siovanija and Teusland 11.89
4 Ko-oren 10.84
5 Equestria 10.27
6 Banija 10.09
7 Qasden 8.52
8 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 7.23
9 Cosumar 4.47
10 Gyatso-Kai 3.23
11 95X 3.13
12 Bolgano 2.85
13 Sarzonia 2.33
14 Andossa Se Mitrin Vega 2.38
15 Pacitalia 1.77
16 Iskandervale 1.66
17 Farfadillis 1.45
18 Quakmybush 1.35
19 Chromatika 1.28
20 Northwest Kalactin 1.25
21 Oontaz 1.25
22 Bettia 1.15
23 Oliverry 1.17
24 Legalese 1.19
25 Krytenia 0.97

We will use ranks for the group draw, however, they will not be used during the scorinaton due to a large number of the signed up nations being unranked.

Pots:
1. Northwest Kalactin (Hosts)
Vilita and Turori
Siovanija and Tuesland

2. Ko-oren
Equestria
Banija

3. Qasden
Quebeć
Gyasto Kai

4. Baker Park
Delaclava
Sarzonia

Groups:
Group A: Northwest Kalactin
Ko-oren
Quebeć
Delaclava

Group B: Vilita And Turori
Equestria
Qasden
Sarzonia

Group C: Siovanija and Tuesland
Banija
Gyasto-Kai
Baker Park

Schedule
Draw Posted: Sunday, April 26 ( subject to be pushed back)

MD1: Wednesday, April 29 (subject to be pushed back)

MD2: Friday, May 1

MD3: Sunday, May 3

Quarterfinals: Tuesday, May 5

Semifinals: Thursday, May 7

3PPO and Finals: Saturday, May 9

Cutoff Times
I will cutoff 8:30-10:30 PST probably at the earlier end of that window.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 8 times in total.
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 pm

IC Info

Summary
Northwest Kalactin is a nation of 20 million people, the nation has many major city’s with hockey teams in them. The largest cities are Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour And Kempsey the capital and largest city in the nation is Gold Coast. The climate is hot with the summer temperatures getting up to about 110 Fahrenheit at the highest and winter temperatures go down to about 50 at the lowest. The nation plays host to many domestic sports leagues across many different sports including Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, Rugby and many more.

Gold Coast
The city of Gold Coast is the Capital and Largest city of Northwest Kalactin. The city Hosts a large subway system which can be seen here. The 2 largest arenas in the city are the Gold Coast Ice Arena which holds 10,000 people and the Coastal Arena which is 17 years older and hosts 7,500 people. The city has a host of teams in the NKHL, with both Gold Coast Hockey Club and Costal Hockey Elite.

Murwelldobah
The second city that will be hosting this year is Murwelldobah, which is home to the Murwelldobah Ice Centre that holds 12,000. The city is in close proximity to Gold Coast as it is just 65 miles away from the capital city. The city’s population is 200,000 and is one of the highest income areas in the nation.

Arenas
There will be 3 arenas being used this year and those three are the Gold Coast Hockey Arena, the Murwelldobah Ice Centre and the Coastal arena.

Gold Coast Hockey Arena
Will host group A and the quarterfinals

Coastal Arena
Will host Group B and the Semis

Murwelldobah Ice Centre
Will host Group C and Finals.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Gyatso-kai » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:12 pm

THE ICE BISONS STEP INTO THE AOCAF REALM OF HOCKEY!

ONLINE EDITION
25 APRIL 2020.2

TOURNAMENT – REGIONAL

Image Comment (45226)
Image Share & Re-Post (23512)
Image Lianbook
Image RepTwitter
Image Print
Written by SHEN Ning Lee

REPUBLIC CITY --- After two failed attempts at a return to the Multi-Verse Stage, the Men’s National Ice Hockey team ventures to Northwest Kalactin to take part in the Seventh Edition of the Atlantian Oceania .

As is becoming the norm for Avatarian sports on the Multi-Verse Stage, the Ice Bisons are certainly not a team that has garnished much success; two first-round exits in the first World Cup since our return from The Silence.

”It isn’t easy being in this position... Coming off of two failed campaigns, and entering into a smaller regional competition between World Cups. However, we have issues that need to be worked out, and the only way to work through these ‘growing pains’ is to compete more.”

Hakoda Ishii, Head Coach, National Ice Hockey Team

To say ‘growing pains’ is a bit of an overstatement. The Ice Bisons have been 3-0-5 since their return. To put that into perspective, when the Ice Bisons first came into the World Cup of Hockey, they went 5-1-2 in the same time frame, against the likes of Cosumar, Cassadaigua, Colmark, and eventually went on to defeat such powerhouses as Valanora and Cotdelapoms in the Third Place Game of WCoH XV.

What was the difference between then and now?

”Back then, we had nothing to prove, and everything to gain; we were young, inexperienced, and desperate for a piece of the multi-verse pie; not many teams win hardware their first tournament out. I think now... we have a bit of a weight on our backs. We won the Cup once, and we came back into the World Cup expecting to recapture that magic from so many years ago. But, as the saying goes, it is hard to capture lightning twice.”

Kad Skirata, Director of Avatarian Hockey

Perhaps His Honourable Director is correct... Maybe the Ice Bisons just need to stop trying to live up to the ‘glory days’ and just play some good hockey.

Maybe this tournament will be the whetstone we need to be honed correctly...

As has become expected, GyatsoAir --- in partnership with the AHL and the National Sports Council --- have promised to offer reduced-pricing on airline tickets to Northwest Kalactin. Also, each game the Ice Bisons play in shall be aired on the entire ASPN family of networks (ASPN Prime, ASPN2, AVS, ASPN3, UASPN): All other games shall air on the World Sports Nation and World Sports Nation PLUS, which are being made available on all television and internet-provider services at NO COST from now until the conclusion of the World Cup of Hockey.

Official Name: Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey Team / 凯海洋国家冰球队(Kaihaiyáng Guójia Bingqiú Duì) / Gyats'kai Tsad droten Cinyc'get'shuk
Official Nation Name: The Avatarian Republics of Gyatso-kai / 凯海洋降世神通共和国 (Kaihaiyáng Jiàngshì Shéntong Gònghéguó) / Tsad Gyats'kai Jettise
Country Code: GKI
Officiating League: Avatarian Hockey League (AHL)
Founded: 1902 (17 YARk)
Regional Officiating Body: The Atlantian Oceania Hockey Confederation
Year of Membership: 2019.2 (63 AAg)
World Cup Record: 103-17-35
Titles: 1 (Championship: World Cup of Hockey XXIII)
World: 24th (After WCoH XXXIX)
AOCAF: 10th (Before AOHC VII)
Nickname: Ice Bisons (commonly just Bisons)

Head Coach: ISHII Hakoda
Height: 193cm – Weight: 93kg – Age 43 years old – Team: University of Adirolf, Head Coach

The leader in Caps, Goals, and Assists for the National Team, Ishii Hakoda was selected to lead the Ice Bisons out of The Silence and into the new era! While he has not yet to manage to capture the same magic as the venerable Kad Skirata had when the Ice Bisons first ever showed up on the Multi-Verse Stage, Ishii still holds the full and unwavering confidence of the National Sports Council as he prepares the team for their first foray into a regional tournament.

Assistant Coach: Ito Pakku
Forward Coach: IKEDA Kuruk
Defense Coach: KO Piandao
Goalie Coach: SHU Huanguo
Medical Staff: FONG Wuchin (Head Doctor), LEE Haicheng, WEN Jintao, HU Jiabao

Roster
Position #	Name		Age	Hand	College				Current Team
GK 22 BAO Lin 33 R Keldabe State Univ. Ba Sing Se Bears
DEF 32 WATANG Kouji 25 R Univ. of Kibago Beijing Stars
DEF 91 KANG Deniigi 37 R Republic City State Univ. Kyrimorut Ramikade
OFF 19 CHEUNG Sepi 27 L Saigon City College Kelita Riverhounds
OFF 21 HOSAKA Severi 21 R Drotenfao College Gaoling Bears
OFF 49 SONG Unataq (C) 33 R University of Adirolf Gaoling Bears

The first line remains relatively unchanged from the last World Cup, with the defensive pair of Watang Kouji and Kang Deniigi creating a solid back line. Watang, out of the Fire Nation, is known for powerful forechecks and his insane speed on the backskate. These two assets pair well with Kang, who has a solid career of skills and tricks to pull from as he has continued to define himself for a team that many feel he will retire with in the near future.

In net is Bao Lin, who is entering his final year with the Ba Sing Se Bears. Having kept a 2.5 GAA and a 0.892 ASV%, Bao is well-known for using his stand-up style to quickly stop play and break up any of the opposition’s momentum on the play.

The forward line, albeit a bit old, was shaken a bit with the removal of Nestori Huan from center, and bring Hosaka Severi up from the second line; while Hosaka’s style of play is more fitting for a second line, Head Coach Ishii believes that his blinding speed on the ice will greatly assist the wings’ and their passing ability. Cheung Sepi, of Kelita fame, finds himself on the left side, where his impressive hockey vision and passing ability pairs well with the strong bodied and defensively-minded play style of team captain Song Unataq.

DEF 26 HITEKI Kia (A) 39 R Uni. of the Southern Tribes Southern Polar Leopards
DEF 77 HED Torvik 27 L Uni. of the Northern Tribes Itakawai Lightning
OFF 18 WANG Torsti 25 L Adirolf State University Si Wong Beetles
OFF 86 Nestori HUAN 28 R Ba Sing Se Univ. Shu Jing Dragons
OFF 17 KIL'OR Alecyc 24 L Roku University Itakawai Lightning

With Hiteki Kia having 54 caps on the Ice Bisons under his belt, he is the most seasoned player on the team, and rightfully wears the first A. Renowned for his ability as "damage control" through the last three World Cups he played in, Hiteki is set to do much the same now that he is paired with the youthful vigor of the "Mandalorian Shield" that is Hed Torvik. Standing at just under two metres in height and tipping scales at 101 kilograms, Hed is an impressive northern Mando who has shown time and time again in his five seasons with the Itakawai Lightning that you do not want to be between him and the boards at any time.

On offense, Wang Torsti from Si Wong finds himself on the left side of the ice, opposite another Itakawai favored son in Kil'or Alecyc. Both men played in the Southern Island Conference in college, and often times faced off against each other as their two schools - Adirolf State University and the University of Kom'rk - where strong and very heated rivals. While their professional teams do not inspire the same rivalries, both have remained in touch throughout the years and spent a great deal of time together preparing for the Tryouts. In the middle, the once first-liner Nestori Huan finds his new role on a line that is more known for damage control rather than scoring. However, with his impressive knowledge and vision that had earned him his spot on the first line last World Cup, Huan may very well prove his doubters wrong and bring some glory to the second line.

DEF 92 Ki'an LOSOW (A) 33 R University of Keldabe Outer Ring RabbiRoos
DEF 31 Ero'ki NACER 19 L Hatsu University Hatsu University
OFF 71 RELICYC Tho-An 22 L Republic City State Uni. Itakawai Lightning
OFF 87 KOBUSHI Kaede 29 L Royal Earth Uni - Dongjiang Keldabe Strills
OFF 33 SOUMA Shichiro 26 R Yokoua State University Senlin Archers

With Ki'an Losow, who was last seen on the National Team's Travelling Corps back in WCoH XXVI, serving as the veteran pillar of the third line, you can be sure that this line is the true "clean-up crew" of the Ice Bisons. A strong defenceman who once played solely on offense, Losow has no fear in leaving his zone and pushing in for a quick goal from one of the most unlikely players. Sure, his form is a bit on the unrefined side of the spectrum, but for what he lacks in technical mastery, he makes up in the psychological.

Pairing with Losow is the youngest player on the Ice Bisons, Ero'ki Nacer, who has finished his final season at Hatsu University. With his imposing size and fierce nature, expect many players to get right up and close to Nacer, only to have them get thrown into the glass with such vigor that they may second-guess any decision to stand up again.

Offensively, the third line is filled with strong passers and even stronger shooters. Both Relicyc Tho-An and Souma Shichiro have done amazingly well in skills competitions involving accuracy and shot speeds, with Kobushi Kaede serving as the trapper of the line; with an impressive 190cm wingspan, Kobushi can easily reach out and take hold of any enemy puck without so much as a blink.

Position # Name Age Hand College Current Team

GK 88 MING Zhanshi 28 R University of Omashu Itakawai Lightning
GK 70 Dang Mun-Hee 20 L University of Adirolf University of Adirolf[
DEF 02 SHAO Lee 32 L University o9f Omashu Republic Capitals
DEF 49 ARPAD Roku 18 R Ba Sing Se University Ba SIng Se University
DEF 37 DEGOUR Niyan 20 L Royal Fire Academy Kyrimorut Ramikade
DEF 34 Jaster KAL'OKI 19 L University of Adirolf University of Adirolf
DEF 42 SHANG Koma 18 R Ba Sing Se University Ba Sing Se University
OFF 28 Taneli SANTTU 24 L University of Kirachu Whale Tail Whalers
OFF 12 Samuli YANG 26 L Humoki Tribal Univ. Crescent Islanders
OFF 35 Rikuto ADORJAN 23 R Royal Earth Univ. Ember Redhawks
OFF 48 FONG Yisheng 19 L Keldabe State Univ. Keldabe State Univ.
OFF 43 HUANG Aatto 18 L Univ. of Enceri - Keldabe Univ. of Enceri - Keldabe
OFF 11 Gyorje KOP'KI 21 R Kyoshi State Univ. Crescent Islanders

Powerplay
First Unit
xxx21xxx
x86xx49x
xxxxxxxxx
x32xx91x

Second Unit
xxx17xxx
x19xx18x
xxxxxxxxx
x77xx26x

Penalty Kill[b]
First Unit
xxx77xxx
x91xx32x
xxxxxxxx
xxx21xxx

Second Unit
xxx26xxx
x92x81xx
xxxxxxxx
xxx17xxx

[b]Three-Man Team

First Unit / Overtime Start
77 --- 17 --- 21

Second Unit / 5-on-3 First Unit
19 --- 32 --- 49

Third Unit / 5-on-3 Second Unit
81 --- 71 --- 86

The Ice Bisons will wear the World Cup XXVI Uniform for the duration of the AOHC tournament.

Group C

Matchday 01 - 29 April at ImageBanija6
Matchday 02 - 01 May vs ImageBaker ParkUR
Matchday 03 - 03 May vs ImageSiovanija and Tuesland3

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes, so long as they are reasonable.
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes, so long as they do not effect the overall game
STYLE MODIFIER: +3.0 out of 5.0

If you have any questions at all about players, coaching staff or what you can do with my team, please feel free to telegram me. I will answer as soon as I am able to.
Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Avatarian Republic of Gyatso-kai
Denomyn: Avatarian || Trigramme: GKI || Located: Arrosia
Factbook || Armed Forces Holocron
Champions: World Cup of Hockey XXIII, XLIV, XLV, XLVIII, L, AOHC XII
Runner-Up: World Junior Hockey Championship III, World Cup of Hockey XXI, XXVI,
Third Place: World Cup of Hockey XV, XVII, XVIII, XL, XLVII

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:45 pm

Northwest Kalactin
WCoH record: 1-4
Biggest win: 6-4 over bjornoya islands
Biggest loss: 7-3 against novaya Zemlya
Style mod: -1.40

Proud partnership with: Image

Head Coach: Jerry Patterson 
Asst coach: Joe West
Trainer: Martin grey

Goalies: Clint Bowers 
Joseph Mitchell
Kenneth Tittensor

Defense: Todd Washington
Aaron Johnson
Dayton Ray
Amos Thibault
Richard Scott
Gregory Brown

Forwards: Jason sanders
Joey McCullough
Bobby Bryant
Craig Truitt
Adam King
Jimmy Roberts
Marty Forestier
Joseph Lee

Reserves: Jay Mccormick

If my opponent RPs first, I give him permission to:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: T.G. Me
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out Penalty’s to my players: Yes
Hand out ejections to my players: No
Godmod other events: No
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Banija National Men's Ice Hockey Team
Head Coach: Martial Odongo

The Banijan Hockey Federation, as the national governing body for ice hockey in Banija, is the governing body for this squad.

All teams listed are in the Greater Banijan Hockey League, or post-secondary education institutions competing in the Banijan Collegiate Sports Group competition, unless otherwise specified. Players who are making their international debut at the senior level are in orange.

Goalie
Starter: #50 Dewa Bangè. Age 29. Plays for Olympique de Marianopolis in the Donnacona National Hockey League.
Backup: #35 Adama Singateh. Age 21. University of Loyola-Istria.
Third-String: #44 Demba Jobateh. Age 25. Shakmir Whalers.

Defenders
Partnership 1
Left Defender- #7 Kausu Faye. Age 25. Shakmir Whalers.
Right Defender- #17 Antou Sene. Age 19. Entering the Ehrenliga Draft(Siovanija & Teusland's top hockey league). Member of Banijan World Juniors team.

Partnership 2
Left Defender- #19 Thibaut Luba. Age 32. Stalliongrad Mountaineers.
Right Defender- #18 Bala Kargbo. Age 30. Cascadia Lions.

Partnership 3
Left Defender- #13 Taleh Ndo. Age 31. St. Jakob Crusaders.
Right Defender- #22 Abdou Ouattara. Age 23. Jaromirgrad GBHL team(Savojarna, yet unnamed). Graduate of University of Loyola-Istria.

Forwards
Line 1
Center- # 40 Alanso Hairte. Age 23. St. Jakob Crusaders. Graduate of Northern Moravica University.
Left Wing- #2 Kabiru Colley. Age 33. Quebec Grizzlies.
Right Wing- #16 Kutubo Gaye. Age 22. Jaromirgrad GBHL team(Savojarna, yet unnamed)

Line 2
Center- #8Yakuba Tiyana. Age 25. Goldstaff Cocodragons.
Left Wing- #5 Edrissa Sonko. Age 27. Kapetägien Kestrels
Right Wing- #4 Jumu Sidibeh. Age 29. New Istria Eagles.

Line 3
Center- #13 Pateh Kaba. Age 31. Rosaria Knights.
Left Wing- #10 Wassa Bah. Age 25. Goldstaff Cocodragons.
Right Wing- #6 Jebel Ogunsola. Age 33. Little Istria Tigersharks.

Line 4
Center- #1 Saikou Suso. Age 21. Plays at University of Moravica.
Left Wing - #33 Isa Tiyana, Age 28. Mansfield Warriors.
Right Wing- #14 Luke Matondo. Age 30. Maal Pioneers.

Notes:
The team's special teams tend to struggle, as they are more likely to score goals when it's 5 v 5.

Schedule
TBD
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarzonia » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Sarzonia Stars

Code: Select all
Trigramme: SRZ
Style modifier: -1
RP Permissions:
Choose goalscorers: Yes
Choose goal scoring events: Yes
Godmode goal scoring events: HELL NO
Penalize players/give game misconducts: Yes
Injure Players: Yes, but I'll determine severity
Godmode other events: If you mean someone got sick, there was a power outage at the rink, there was a disagreement between players, I'll run with it. Anything else is a no-go.

Coach: Paul Bremerton, 48
Assistant Coach: Joe Crosson, 58
Goalie Coach: Pete Peeters, 57

ROSTER
GOALTENDERS (starter in bold)
1 Matt Peterson, 38, 6-foot-1, 215 pounds
Also uses a butterfly style, but now has the benefit of experience and is using that to make up for the slight slowing of his reflexes. He's here for veteran presence (and OOCly, to provide a smart mouth, lmao).
35 Travis Decker, 22, 5-foot-10, 175 pounds
Another butterfly-style goalie with catlike reflexes and quickness through his crease, Decker will likely be the third goalie on this Stars team.
39 Yuri Evgenikov, 30, 6-foot-3, 230 pounds
Provides veteran depth in the event of any calamities and uses a stand-up style in contrast to the two butterfly style goalies.

DEFENCEMEN
First pair
3 Erik Weinert, 32, 6-foot-2, 190 pounds. First alternate captain.
Hard hitter, can pitch in on the power play, but usually isn't the point man with the man advantage. Provides veteran experience in addition to his bruising style of play.
5 Jill Sanders, 23, 5-foot-7, 150 pounds
Certainly not the first woman to play for the Stars, but she's certainly the scrappiest. She willingly goes into the corner to scrum to win pucks.

Second pair
6 Mia Chretién, 33, 5-foot-8, 145 pounds.
Can move the puck in and out of the zone well. Sometimes used on the front line during penalty kills.
7 Erik Weingart, 28, 5-foot-11, 200 pounds. Second alternate captain.
He's there for both hitting and leadership on the ice.

Third pair
18 Jack Bradley, 34, 6-foot-3, 205 pounds.
Size, speed and hard hitting make him a feared defender to go up against. Has worked on conditioning and strength to make his way back to the team.
52 Kirk Stephens, 23, 6-foot-1, 190 pounds.
Stephens is the offensive defenceman on the Stars, and often lines up as a right wing on the penalty kill. He's a threat to score a shorthanded goal.

Seventh defenseman
14 Chris Walton, 26, 6-foot-3, 195 pounds
Can sometimes play on the fourth line or a penalty killing forward if needed, but he's also an at-home defenceman.

FORWARDS
First Line
LW 8 Sylvan Turcotte, 33, 6-foot-1, 175 pounds. Captain.
Lefty shooter with the hardest shot on the team. Led his league with 58 goals in 72 games.
C 38 Nate Barnes, 25, 5-foot-11, 189 pounds
Best faceoff guy on the Stars, winning them at a 62 percent clip last season. Second in the league with 78 assists in 72 games.
RW Matt Davies, 23, 6-foot-2, 190 pounds
Lanky and fast, also with good puck movement skills, but can be relatively easy to get physical with.

Second Line
LW: 13 Cameron Granato, 34, 5-foot-10, 180 pounds.
A righty shooter even though he plays left wing. Provides some scoring punch for the second line
C: Alyssa Hannigan, 23, 5-foot-7, 149 pounds.
A great puck distributor, she often features as the first or second line centre on the power play.
RW: Calan Leftwich, 24, 5-foot-10, 180 pounds.
Plays well enough on defence to be on the checking line, but his offence keeps him on the ice in offensive situations. Could double-shift to the fourth line in case of injury.

Third Line
LW: 15 Jeff Tucker, 29, 5-foot-11, 179 pounds.
Has the versatility to play any of the three forward positions offensively, but his defence is suspect.
C: 16 Colin Yarmouth, 22, 5-foot-8, 175 pounds.
Plays a sparkplug style, but is still working on the conditioning and stamina needed to play on the first two lines. May not be able to play long minutes in extended knockout round overtime sessions.
RW: 24 Ray Olendorff, 32, 6-foot-1, 190 pounds.
Plays harder than most. Is now much improved in conditioning, but meshes so well with the third line that he only plays on the other lines in knockout stage matches.

Fourth Line
LW: 25 Alan Donald, 37, 6-foot-1, 215 pounds.
Sarzonia's designated enforcer, led the league in penalty minutes 11 of the last 13 seasons. Has the national record for most PIM.
C: 26 Cliff Sauerchuck, 29, 6-foot-4, 230 pounds
His checking and physical play are what have him playing fourth line centre, but his ability to win faceoffs and distribute the puck are why he plays centre.
RW: 44 Terré Sombulier, 23, 5-foot-10, 170 pounds
They check well, and cleanly. That's why they're fourth line.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:01 pm

Delaclava national hockey team

Nickname: Phoenixes
Trigram: DEL
Notable Achievements: Semi-finalists at World Cup of Hockey 16
Style Modifier: -3

Coach: Arthur Lemaire
Assistant Coach: Mark McDevitt
Assistant Coach: Gerard MacLeod
Goaltending Coach: Roland Haase
Strength and Conditioning Coach: Aron Jankovic

#	Pos	Name	                Age	Height	Weight
1 G Janne Laaksonen 25 6-5 210
2 F Jaroslav Hlaváček 31 6-1 185
3 D Pekka Haarmajärvi 23 6-1 170
4 F Edan Bullard 18 5-9 160
5 D Marco Van Houten 25 6-2 185
6 D Kosta Karras 27 6-5 220
7 F Evan Sexton 23 6-1 170
8 F Daniel Statham 26 6-2 190
9 F Michael Garrard (A) 25 6-1 185
10 F Alex Coburn 23 5-11 170
11 F Logan Wynne 19 5-11 170
13 F Daryl Walmsley 29 6-3 205
14 F Ari Sarkisyan 29 6-1 185
17 F Erno Sarkozy 20 5-8 155
18 F Timur Fedorov 19 6-1 165
19 F Jehiel Abreu (C) 23 5-11 175
20 D Rhett Hightower 24 6-6 205
24 F Teddy Roy 21 6-1 190
25 D Taran Davidian 27 6-4 195
28 D Antoine Clement (A) 22 6-3 195
30 G Jonathan Bagley 30 6-2 200
31 G Tom Sutton 28 6-3 190
34 D Oskar Krantz 28 6-5 205
38 F Reggie Voss 28 6-4 210
44 D Radovan Němec 31 6-4 190

Forward Lines:
Abreu - Coburn - Walmsley
Voss - Garrard - Sexton
Wynne - Sarkozy - Fedorov
Statham - Sarkisyan - Roy

Defensive Pairings:
Clement - Němec
Van Houten - Karras
Haarmajärvi - Hightower

Starting Goalie: Sutton
Backup Goalie: Bagley

Reserves: Hlaváček (LW/RW), Bullard (C), Krantz (LD), Davidian (RD), Laaksonen (G)

PP1: Abreu, Coburn, Sexton; Voss, Clement
PP2: Wynne, Garrard, Fedorov; Walmsley, Němec
PK1 (omit parentheses if down to 3 men): Garrard, (Walmsley), Van Houten, Karras
PK2 (omit parentheses if down to 3 men): Abreu, (Statham), Hightower, Němec

Endgame Situations:
Extra Skater Options (down 1 or 2): Abreu, Coburn, Sexton, Fedorov
Clutch (tie game): Abreu, Coburn, Garrard, Clement, Sexton
Protect the Lead (up 1 or 2): Abreu, Garrard, Walmsley, Clement, Němec

RP Permissions: Have fun, go a bit crazy, but get my permission for anything which would have long-term ramifications.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:55 am

Ko-oren - AOHC 7

Team Colours: Green, blue, yellow
Demonym: Ko-orenite
Nickname: Dragonflies, Green-and-blue
Style Modifier: -5
Jerseys: Home and away
Head coach: Aivieda Aulura, previously head coach of the Scouts, Polar Bears, Rangers, as well as assistant coach of another four teams.
Assistant coaches: Alinia Aeresea, Esise Aeria, active as scouts at all levels of ice hockey in the archipelago, as well as numerous stints as head coach or assistant coach, they're often brought in temporarily while a team tries to find a definitive coach.
Goalie coach: Aethelin Aiodia, previously active at all goalie events in Aevanna, and self-proclaimed protector of the position.

Position, Name, Age, Team

Goalies
G Aiane Alacia (21) - Northerners Egevea
G Jonathan Laurissen (25) - Scouts Aevanna
G Samuel Isaakszoon (26) - Launott Polar Bears

Defencemen
Line 1
D Winand Nedergard (23) - Lokomotiv Esca (Donnacona)
D Erling Mirre (26) - Launott Polar Bears
Line 2
D Aiane Auvia (23) - Scouts Aevanna
D Assanor Aiaros (20) - Rangers Southwest Aevanna
Line 3
D Roger Haarstad (25) - Wanderers Aevanna Plains
D Jowdah Wamallu (30) - West Coast Blizzards
Substitute
D Lirtinthal Melsodhingun (29) - Islanders Egevea

Wingers
Line 1
LW Nim Curumbah (30) - West Coast Blizzards
RW Aidaloph Autibel (28) - Mariners Aevanna Bay
Line 2
LW Kjell IJsberg (22) - Noordrug Bi-state
RW Elis Hermanszoon (28) - Noordrug Bi-state
Line 3
LW Izan Aiamalod (22) - Dynamo (Donnacona)
RW Torsten Groenbloem (21) - Straudum Ice

Centres
Line 1
C Yaller Nyan (28) - West Coast Blizzards
Line 2
C Daniel Oostberg (30) - Straudum Ice
Line 3
C Ainoph Eriren (25) - Scouts Aevanna

Powerplay:
An 'umbrella' with Mirre, Wamallu, Hermanszoon, Curumbah, and Nyan

Penalty kill:
Either a 'box' or a 'diamond' with Haarstad, Auvia, IJsberg, and Groenbloem.

The Ko-orenite league cracked down on fighting to speed games up. Don't be surprised if the Dragonflies don't respond to a call to arms - at the same time, plenty of players wouldn't back down from the challenge. Centres occupy goalies and defencemen, so it's usually up to the wingers to create chances and score. Defencemen are an anchor, used to pass the puck around in attack but not really expected to score often either. That said, the defenders that were picked for the team tend to make their mark offensively as well. Nedergard and Auvia have a mean shot from far away. Autibel and IJsberg are the quickest members of the team. Eriren is a centre good enough for a different line, but he can make players around him a lot better.

Ice hockey is a small sport in Ko-oren, limited to frigid Aerellen, the temperate (but cold) northeast, and parts of the unwelcoming west coast. Venues are limited, and Aerellen's largest venue hosts multiple games per day while the season is on, so speeding up games and keeping them plannable is key. Languages used by the team are Dutch and Aerellen (Ko-orenite). Aerellen names are easily recognisable, they start with vowels, featuring many Au, Ao, Ai, Ae combinations at the start of each word.

Players on the team that aren't already playing abroad are for sale.

I Give My Opponent Permission To:
Choose My Goalscorers: Y
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y
Godmod Injury Events: N
Penalise Players: Y
Eject Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: Y
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Vilita & Turori Ice Hockey Roster for AOHC 7

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:41 am

AOHC Champions
World Cup of Hockey XXXIV Champions

Vilita & Turori Ice Cat Things
Coaching Staff:
Head Coach: Avalan Marcraw
Assistant Coach: Colora Boharii
Style Mods: +3.14159

Players shown in Jungle Teal are projected to be in the active lineup during the opening match of competition. Players may be subbed in/out of the active roster in response to performance, injury, quality of opposition or match importance.

Goalkeepers::
[ 80 ] 'Snowman' Avalanski [ - Seraai Icestronauts (VHL) - ]

[ 96 ] Fiko Oreta [ - Yeaddin HC (VHL) - ]
[ 92 ] Tommy Finn [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 42 ] Koyo Apen [ - Turoki Islanders (VHL) - ]

Defenders::
[ 37 ] Kevin Diesel [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]
[ 06 ] Dolak Vintal-Morta [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (VHL) - ]
[ 62 ] Hluali Tiik [ - Turoki Islanders (VHL) - ]
[ 56 ] Torren Filiao [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (VHL) - ]
[ 45 ] Cinnami Vellamoi [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 55 ] Bayyre Provichuk [ - Tivali River Sharks (VHL) -]

[ 74 ] Mike Ice [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]
[ 50 ] Rikki Budushield [ - Lopinka Lynx (VHL) -]
[ 57 ] Korus Korney [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]

Left-Wingers::
[ 32 ] Cartai Chiate [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]
[ 48 ] Ricky Fike [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 16 ] Vakki Cren [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (VHL) - ]
[ 22 ] Ieeko Nareta [ - Yeaddin HC (VHL) - ]

[ 44 ] Alagre Wilnodstar [ - Lopinka Lynx (VHL) - ]
[ 26 ] Ippolit Entara [ - Turoki Islanders (VHL) - ]
[ 7 ] Fordin Unrangii [ - Yeaddin HC (VHL) - ]

Right-Wingers::
[ 4 ] River Suzgar [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 23 ] Eastern Raciani [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]
[ 41 ] Lance Blaki [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 21 ] Buffky Oktopi [ - Morata Valley Fog (VHL) - ]

[ 52 ] Malaino Oraziala [ - Yeaddin HC (VHL) - ]
[ 33 ] Askol Mastley [ - Morata Valley Fog (VHL) - ]
[ 49 ] Ki||to Orreta [ - Turoki Islanders (VHL) - ]

Centers::
[ 88 ] Ocean Suzgar [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 91 ] Tavren Raparon [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (VHL) - ]
[ 22 ] Jualiar Fichaud [ - Alikki-Corra Aye-Ayes (VHL) - ]
[ 15 ] Emhaoi Linaozi [ - Vilisorma Yutzies (VHL) - ]

[ 32 ] Akitana Ruta [ - Yeaddin HC (VHL) - ]
[ 17 ] Ataris Filiac [ - Lonngeylin Storm Surge (VHL) - ]
[ 51 ] Denmastre Redfran [ - Lopinka Lynx (VHL) - ]

The Vilita & Turori uniform shirts are dark blue with orange and lighter blue striping. The shoulders are Vilitan Jungle Color while the elbows are highlighted in Eelskin Brown. The numbers match the striping in the lighter shade of blue with orange trim. The two-tone helmets allow the Vilita & Turori players to stand out on the ice.

RP Permissions:
Choose my Goalscorers: Yes
Godmod my Scores: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes, Duration of Group / Current Stage only
Godmod injuries to my Players: Sure.
Hand out penalties to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Commonwealth of Baker Park Hockey Federation

The CHF will send a squad to the 7th edition of the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships, hosted in Northwest Kalactin. The CHF works in co-operation with the country's professional league, the CHA to develop the sport at grass roots level, as well provide support to the league. In a groundbreaking agreement, the CHF/CHA partnership helped pave the way for a franchise in the Greater Banijian Hockey League to be established in Mansfield, which is a major center of the Banijian diaspora in Baker Park. The Warriors play alongside the Mansfield Maroons, and attendances have remained high for both teams.

Russell Brody, championship winning coach with both Oceana and Coolville will lead the Blues.

Style Mod: +1.3

Pos	Age	Club
1 Robbie Sullivan G 28 Oceana Zephyrs
2 Peter Delehanty D 31 Lima Chargers
3 Andy Pierce D 25 Asbury Darts
4 Kevin McLemore D 26 Endborough Rangers
5 Zach Edelman D 23 Ezriquay Silver Sticks
6 Len Mazzelli W 28 Asbury Darts
7 Grant Tolliver W 30 Mansfield Maroons
8 Aaron Lipscomb W 27 Springfield Blades
9 Paul Nelson W 24 Endborough Rangers
10 Dan Culbertson C 29 Belle Haven Comets
11 Benjy Ndumeke C 23 Mansfield Warriors (GBHL)
12 Ryan Braun D 28 St Leon Mounties
13 Alex Saxby D 22 Coolville Gems
14 Donnie Waite W 31 Middletown Riverhawks
15 Matt Donnenfeld W 23 Oceana Zephyrs
16 Eric Grigsby C 29 Hamilton Stormers
17 Niall O'Halloran D 26 Belle Haven Comets
18 Brent Vallery W 24 Jacksonville Ice Kats
19 Owen Clayton C 28 Coolville Gems
20 Steven Friel W 22 Ezriquay Silver Sticks
21 Joe Baumgardner G 26 Hamilton Stomers
22 Greg Collins D 31 St Warren Snow Owls

Coach—Russell Brody
Assts—Mark Landers
Allan Wright
David Moore

RP Permissions:
Choose my Goalscorers: Y
Godmod my Scores: Y
RP Injuries to my Players: Y
Godmod injuries to my Players: Y
Hand out penalties to my players: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:00 am

Cutoff for the first MD of AOHC!

Group A
Northwest Kalactin 1–1 Delaclava
Quebec 3–1 Ko-oren

MD2 Fixtures
Ko-oren vs. Northwest Kalactin
Delaclava vs. Quebec

Group B
Vilita and Turori 3–2 Sarzonia
Qasden 3–0 Equestria

MD2 Fixtures
Equestria vs. Vilita and Turori
Sarzonia vs. Qasden

Group C
Baker Park 5–1 Siovanija and Tuesland
Gyasto-Kai 3–0 Banija

MD2 Fixtures
Baker Park vs. Gyasto-Kai
Banija vs. Siovanija and Tuesland

Tables will start on MD2
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:49 pm

An ASPN Production, Brought to you on ASPN.co.gki
AOHC GROUPS DRAWN! ICE BISONS SET TO COMPETE!

ONLINE EDITION
28 APRIL 2020.2

TOURNAMENT - AOCAF (Regional Comp.)

Image Comment (27432)
Image Share & Re-Post (35165)
Image Lianbook
Image RepTwitter
Image Print
Written by Shay ISHIKAWA

Just across the street from my hotel, many of our Ice Bisons players are sound asleep, preparing to wake up for another round of practices before travelling to Northwest Kalactin for the start of the Seventh Edition of the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championship.

And you have to wonder... why are we throwing ourselves into another tournament?

Group C

ImageSiovanija and Tuesland3
ImageBanija6
ImageGyatso-kai10
ImageBaker ParkUR

We have certainly not been performing very well lately; in the last World Cup, we were a bit of an embarrassment, not even breaking out of the group stage. Not to mention, all three teams we loss to were all by a single goal, including our perennial rival Ko-oren, who will also be competing in the AOHC.

Maybe we'll face them...

Quite a few of my colleagues and I have been pouring over everything we can about the Ice Bisons, trying to decipher why we have been faltering so hard in our attempts to regain our foothold in the Multi-Verse Hockey Realm. There are many facets to this story - of how one of the greatest teams in the multi-verse, a perennial threat for the World Cup and one whose name drew fear and admiration, is now nothing but a footnote in group summaries and a laughing stock on the stage - however, in my opinion, there are potentially three reasons as to why we have been stumbling when we should be sprinting.

「 PLAYER AGE 」

Look to our first line, and you have to blink a few times to remind yourself this isn't a dream. The average age of the first line is 29.3, and that is thanks to Hosaka Severi's infusion of 21-year-old blood. If Hosaka is ever injured, we'll have to call up Nestori Huan (28) or Wang Torsti (25), which pushes our average higher; 30.5 if Huan gets the call or 30.0 if its Wang. Even the third line suffers from age; Ki'an Losow is 33-years-old, and the offensive pair of Kobushi Kaede and Souma Shichiro are both over 25.

I know... I know... 'Age is just a number' they say. However, our team runs against much younger teams. Just look at the averages for our opponents this group for the AOHC from the last World Cup:

Banija - 25.2 (Oldest is 33)
Siovanjia - 30.3 (Oldest is 33) / 18.7 if they send their WJHC Champion Team.
Baker Park - No Data Known

If you look at national teams throughout the multi-verse, you would find that most tend to be lower in average age than our own. Certainly, we need a veteran or two to help mold the team and provide some experience, but isn't it time we let go of the past and dump any weight that was given to this team pre-Silence. Especially when we have players such as Hosaka, Gyorje Kop'ki, and Dang Mun-Hee sitting in the reserves. After his performance in the last World Cup, Hosaka has proven himself the future of our team, perhaps our next Hakoda Ishii...

「 LACK OF EXPERIENCE 」

This team is so green we are practically grass. The current leader for caps is our 40-year-old defenceman Hiteki Kia, who played back on the fourth line in WCoH XXV, and now has 58 caps with the Ice Bisons. Now on the second line, he is still playing the same style now that he did 22 ago; cleaning up damages done by the first line and playing second fiddle to the "Mandalorian Shield". Song Unataq, another well-seasoned player, finds himself at 34 on the first line, whereas back in WCoH XXV, he was a reserve forward with only 14 caps in four campaigns. Song, who has seen much success in Gaoling as their captain, finds himself here wearing the "C" and, for the most part, has earned his paycheck for the National Teams.

However, that is where our multi-verse experience stops. Sure, we've played two campaigns since our return. But, we've never made it out of the group stage. In fact, I would argue that three wins in eight games would hardly classify as even playing in the group stage. Maybe it is a bit early to make any calls on our team; maybe after AOHC and even after the next World Cup, we can take a fine tooth comb and scour through this team...

But as it stands... We are tripping and falling like a newborn tigerllama.

「 COACHING 」

Now, this is going to be a sore spot for this article, but maybe our problem lies in coaching. Sure, all of our coaches carry a history with the National Team; all having been members of the Championship Team back in WCoH XXIII (Save for 'The Wall' who was on the staff at that point) and all having various levels of success at home, in either the AHL or the ACSA. However, domestic success and a history of playing do not always lead to great multi-verse success. You don't have to look much farther than former Assistant Coach Liu Qiang An, who left the Ice Bisons in 2013.1 to become the Head Coach of Neu Engollen. During his tenure, the Ibex did not falter, but they never captured the Cup, something Liu has spoke of many times since his departure. It was a hard turn for the Ice Bisons to lose Liu as Assistant Coach... and who knows, maybe the Old Goat, a name he earned after leaving for the goat-themed Neu Engollen team, could come back to help steer our boys to victory.

Or maybe Skirata can descend from his throne and beat some sense into our team...

So there you have it. The first game of the AOHC is tomorrow, and we will have to just wait and see how this tournament goes. As I said earlier, maybe I am a bit premature in my judgement of the team. Maybe I am just reminiscing about my childhood days spent watching the Ice Bisons hoist the World Cup in the middle of the Royal Square Garden in St. Petrus back in Saintland... and how I want my children to experience the same joy of seeing the Gyatso-kaian banner fly high, the words to "Long Live The Avatar" ringing out for all to hear, and that glorious Cup finding its way into the Hall of Champions at the Museum of the National Sports Council...

It will happen again... I'm just not sure when...

Copyright 2020.2 Avatarian Sports Programming Network. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.aspn.com.gk/articles/ahl/23002641
© 2020 Avatarian Sports Programming Network

Last edited by Gyatso-kai on Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Siovanija and Teusland
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Siovanija and Teusland » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Siovanija & Teusland National Hockey Team - AOHC 7

Facts

Nation Name: United Republics of Siovanija and Teusland
Short Names: Siovanija and Teusland, the United Republics
Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus
Governing Body: Hockey Siovanija and Teusland
Colours: Blue, gold, white
Anthem: ‘High Mountain Skies’
Highest Domestic League: Ehrenliga* (Players for AOHC come from national Senior leagues)
Nicknames: The Goldhorns
Style Modifier: +2

Overview

Hockey Siovanija & Teusland decided to participate in the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championship, which has returned after a long absence and is being hosted this year in Northwest Kalactin. The tournament is taking place, however, during the Ehrenliga season, and thus the usual players of the national team will not be participating in the tournament. Instead, in a bid to give players who would never otherwise get the opportunity to represent their nation a chance, HST has decided to send the National Senior Hockey Championship winners of last season to the tournament. In Siovanija & Teusland, senior hockey is quite a big deal, with a team in nearly every town. Most teams can field at least one or two former major junior players, and the level is quite competitive. Last season’s champions were the Zurgarten Lancers, who won the final game 4-2 over the Lahnnenbruck Lions. The Lancers, then, have been selected to wear the blue and gold for this tournament.

Coach: Ernst Sacher

Ernst Sacher is the head coach of the Lancers/Goldhorns, and has been the coach for the last 7 years, winning 2 national championships in that time period. Sacher played in the Teus Major Junior Hockey League and was drafted to the Ehrenliga, but never quite cracked the big time. He’s more than proven his worth as a coach, however, and there is some talk he might move up to the TMJHL level soon.

Players

Goalies

G - Christian Heisig - 31y/o - #1
G - Robin Rossel - 26y/o - #31
G - Leon Stricker - 24y/o - #30

Defencemen

D - Edgar Lichtenfels - 33y/o - #2
D - Elias Schon - 28y/o - #3
D - Reiner Haberli - 25y/o - #4
D - Otto Walch - 32y/o - #5
D - Jacob Mahlau - 27y/o - #6
D - Luca Brahm - 26y/o - #22
D - Stefan Bergler - 33y/o - #46

Left Wing

LW - Florentin Wald - 31y/o - #15
LW - Walther Werkner - 26y/o - #17
LW - Bastian Heumann - 36y/o - #53
LW - Peter Mayer - 27y/o - #27

Centre

C - Eckhard Rogge - 25y/o - #9
C - Torsten Glehn - 34y/o - #10
C - Denis Wernz - 29y/o - #16
C - Timo Abs - 36y/o - #88

Right Wing

RW - Louis Schenk - 33y/o - #44
RW - Alois Eisner - 28y/o - #32
RW - Rainer Frucht - 24y/o - #13
RW - Klaus Ehmann - 35y/o - #25

The team’s biggest names by far are Eckhard Rogge and Edgar Lichtenfels. Rogge was once a star player in the TMJHL, scoring 30 goals in his second season in the league. A bad injury, however, left him undrafted and there were concerns as to whether he would ever be able to play again. He has been, however, and ignored offers from the 2. Ehrenliga (developmental league below the top division) in order to suit up for his hometown senior league team as they chased a national championship this season. He’ll almost certainly be taking his professional shot, however, next year. Edgar Lichtenfels was a Junior A star for the Zurgarten Jr. Lancers who won a national championship, and has played for the senior team ever since. He’s the captain of the team and will have a big leadership role to play.

Leadership Group

Captain: Edgar Lichtenfels
Alternates: Alois Eisner, Eckhard Rogge

RP Permissions

Choose my goalscorers: Y
Choose Scoring Events: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: N
RP injuries to my players: Y, I determine length/severity
Godmod injuries to my players: N
Hand out Penalties to my players: Y
Hand out Ejections to my players: Y
Godmod Other Events: N (TG me if you want to discuss something, however)

The national team will continue to wear the new jerseys designed by Donnaconan company Infinite. The new jerseys are very similar to the old, but are a much sleeker look, the ‘Triple Edelweiss’ logo continuing to be front and centre. The writing ‘Siovanija and Teusland’ has been removed, and a black strip added to the bottom of the jerseys. The gold primary uniform will serve as the home jersey for this tournament, with the blue primary uniform serving as the away jersey. “We’re very pleased with the design, and we’d like to thank Infinite for their hard work on these,” said Hockey Siovanija & Teusland in a statement. For the AOHC, on the shoulder, the Zurgarten Lancers’ logo (a silver sword) will be present. In case the blue and gold clash with another country, the Zurgarten Lancers have also brought along their silver and red home jerseys to use as third jerseys.

Group and Schedule

The Goldhorns have been drawn into Group C of the AOHC tournament, alongside southwestern neighbours Banija and Baker Park as well as another strong hockey nation in Gyatso-kai. While Baker Park have never competed at the international hockey level, and Gyatso-kai are returning to play after a long absence, Banija are somewhat of a known quantity, and the showdown between the two countries on matchday 2 will be the latest in a series of international sporting contests. 2 football matches and 2 hockey games recently, and the Goldhorns are 3-1-0, including a World Junior Semifinal win in overtime. The Goldhorns will be hoping to make it 4-1-0 this time. Here is the full schedule for the tournament:

MD1: Siovanija & Teusland vs Baker Park
MD2: Siovanija & Teusland vs Banija
MD3: Siovanija & Teusland vs Gyatso-kai

The strength of this team will lie in its togetherness: these players play together all season, and have won a championship together. They know each other, and can exploit that against teams that are just coming together now. Defensively, however, even in the Teus Senior A Hockey League they were a bit porous, and that could be a problem in this tournament as well.

We’ll continue to bring coverage from the AOHC tournament, as the Goldhorns take on other teams from across Atlantian Oceania in hockey action.
The United Republics of Siovanija & Teusland
Capital: Borograd | Population: 74,245,000 | Demonyms: Siovanijan, Teus | Country Code: STL

World Cup of Hockey 40, 41 & 42 Champions ⋆ World Junior Hockey Championship 14 Champions

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:50 pm

The sounds of shouting, hockey sticks shattering, and the unmistakable rumble of a fistfight could clearly be heard in the Sarzonian dressing room after a full strength Stars ice hockey team lost its first AOHC match in years to Vilita and Turori 3-2.

This was a team that held its own even though the results weren't there against world class competition in the last World Cup of Hockey. The same team that was extremely competitive against some of the best in the multiverse felt the Ice Cat Things weren't worthy of holding their soiled jock straps.

And yet. The result left a foul taste in the mouths of the team, which felt Coach Paul Bremerton's early hook of starting goaltender Matt Peterson was too early. Bremerton sent backup goalie Yuri Evgenikov onto the ice after Peterson allowed all three goals within the first four shots.

The tension began as soon as Peterson skated over to the players bench after Evgenikov skated into the crease and began hurriedly stretching. Peterson angrily slammed his catching glove onto the floor of his seat on the bench. Bremerton went over to talk to Peterson and the two men nearly came to blows on the bench.

After the match, Bremerton would not address the situation, but Peterson certainly did.

"That was bullshit," Peterson said, glowering at the assembled media. "Three goals and four shots and he pulls me? Unfuckingbelieveable!

Evgenikov made 24 saves to keep Sarzonia (0-0-1 in the match, and Sylvan Turcotte and Cameron Granato second period tallies got the Stars within striking distance, but Snowman Avalanski kept the Stars from drawing the match level with three point blank saves in the final minute with Sarzonia playing with an empty net and six attackers.

Assistant coach Joe Crosson announced after the final match of the night concluded that the Incorporated Ice Hockey Federation was suspending both Bremerton and Peterson for the next match against Qasden, who were 3-0 winners over Equestria. Peterson announced he would appeal his suspension, but Crosson said he would not be starting the match even if he won his appeal.

As for Bremerton, he didn't state whether he would appeal his suspension to the Board of Governors, but he conceded that was a lengthy process.

"The next World Cup of Hockey could be underway by the time they rule on an appeal," he said.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:42 am

.:: AWAY Locker Room, Murwelldobah Ice Centre, Murwelldobah, Northwest Kalactin ::.
1220 hours local time, 29 April 2020.2

Most of the men of the Gyatso-kai National Ice Hockey team had already left the locker room, and made their way to either the press room or back to the hotel in the city center of Murwelldobah.

Such a small arena, though Hosaka Severii as he secured his boot. I'm used to playing in much more larger stadiums. Hosaka thought back to Gaoling, to his home arena. Known affectionately as The Rock, but officially the GaoRock Arena, it could hold 22,250 raving fans for an AHL game which was nearly double what the Murwelldobah Ice Centre sat. Still, Hosaka swore it felt even louder. The rows were definitely closer to the ice, but The Rock had a certain charm to it that Hosaka had not yet found in other stadiums around the multi-verse. He enjoyed his games at The Rock...

Though I wonder how many games I have left there...

News had been spreading that some team in Donnacona - what had been the former nation of Cotdelapoms - had been keeping its eyes on Hosaka. Olympique de Marianopolis was their name, and as they had so boasted on Sport Donnacona that they were interested in pursuing him. His agent had told him that they had received messages and phone calls, and to in her words "put on a good show" in Northwest Kalactin... to which Hosaka was certainly off to a good start. One goal and two assists in the first game of the tournament was not a bad way to start, and from his own talks with some of his teammates, they were certainly going to help him shine.

You've been wanting out of Gaoling for a while now, Hosaka could recall Song Unataq - his National Team Captain as well as his Captain at Gaoling. There is no shame in that. Show your skills at the AOHC and maybe Shu can put in some good words through his old contacts there. So far, that is what Hosaka was doing. He even sat with Shu - The Great Wall of Shu, Shu Huanguo - over dinner on their first night in Northwest Kalactin right when the Sports Donnacona story broke. He was an impressive man, almost overwhelming in his size. Even at sixty-six years of age, Hosaka had no doubt that Shu could put on the pads, get between the pipes, and stop almost everything the young Earth center could shoot at him.

Hosaka thought back to the dinner he had had with Shu. Sitting at the table, he had pulled his phone out, brought the article in question up, and showed it to the Great Wall while he smiled.

They even mentioned you in the article.

Oh, I have quite a reputation back there,
Shu laughed as he took a bite of his dinner. I spent quite a few years there playing for the Montreal Royals.

You think I'd have a shot there?

Severii, you are a great young player. You just need time to be honed before you reach that potential, and I think some overseas play would do you good. It certainly helped me gain some more mileage at the end of my career.

Shu was quick to pad the young Hosaka, and even told him he would check with the other former-CDP players who were now coaches; Ko Piandao, one of the current Defence Corps Coaches, played for the old St-Foursant Saints and Ishida Arnook, Head Coach for the Forwards Corps, played for the Albionpool Oak Leaves. Sure enough, by the time Hosaka had finished dinner with Shu and gone back to his room, he had a text from Coach Ishida about the situation. Ishida had said that he would check with his contacts, and he would be glad to travel with Hosaka should he need to visit Donnacona and discuss matters further with their teams.

Maybe I'll be lucky...

Luck, as it would seem, was on Hosaka's side; his contract with Gaoling, an entry-level two year contract, was ending after this season, so he would be primed for negotiations with the Donnacona team. Only 21-years-old, he had only left Drotenfao College - a premier hockey school in the Central Islands - at the age of 19 to pursue his AHL dreams. A great showing at the Entry Draft had brought Hosaka, who had spent most of his life in the small Western Island town of Maofu, to the urban sprawl that was Gaoling and to twenty-two-thousand packed fans at every game. He relished his times in Gaoling, time he had spent perfecting his skills and gaining experience. His skills were impressive, so much so that the National Sports Council, when they first formed the Ice Bisons after The Silence, had placed Hosaka on the second line and saw him earn his spot on the first line in the second Cup since their return.

Though now, he had a choice to make and some time to think things over...

I'll have to look up the exchange rate... and their mascot. I think it's a torch... I wonder how I'd look in red, white, and blue instead of green and brown...

Goal Summary

First Period
No Goals Scored

Second Period
GKI- Hosaka [Hed] [06:25]

Third Period
GKI- Relicyc [Hosaka] [13:21]
GKI- Hed [Hosaka] [18:50]{EMPTY NET}

Penalty Summary

First Period

03:29 --- GKI --- Hooking, 2-min --- Kil'or A. drawn by K. Faye
13:18 --- BJA --- Slashing, 2-min --- Y. Tiyana drawn by Song U.

Second Period

*** No Penalties Given ***

Third Period
01:14 --- BJA --- Delay of Game, 2-min --- D. Bangè (Puck Deflected Over The Glass)
08:22 --- GKI --- Tripping, 2-min --- Hosaka S. drawn by E. Sonko
13:01 --- GKI --- Elbowing, 2-min --- Relicyc T. drawn by W. Bah
16:25 --- BJA --- Hooking, 2-min --- K. Gaye drawn by Hosaka S.

Goaltending

Team Name SA GA Saves SV% TOI

GKI Bao L. 30 00 30 1.000 60:00
BJA D. Bangè 31 03 28 0.903 58:30

Shots on Goal Summary

TEAM 1st 2nd 3rd FINAL

GKI 08 10 13 31
BJA 09 11 10 30

Injury Summary

**No Injuries Reported**

Three Stars

First Star: Bao Lin (30 Shots on Goal, 30 Saves, 1st Multi-Verse Shutout)
Second Star: Hosaka Severi ( 1 G, 2A)
Third Star: Hed Torvik (1 G, 1A)

◄ ◄ ◄ ◄ NEXT GAME ► ► ► ►

Match Day 02 - 01 May vs ImageBaker ParkUR

This is the break game for the Ice Bisons. Or at the least, it should be. Baker Park is an unranked team in the Hockey World, and this is their first multi-verse competition. However, today they took Siovanija and Tuesland and put five goals past them, so you never know what to expect when facing an unranked opponent in their first match; if you remember our team's first match all the way back in WCoH XV, we lost to Cosumar 5-4 and then took the tournament all the way to the Third Place match where we defeated Cotdelapoms.

It should be an exciting game no matter what, and our boys will definitely play their heart out.

Delaclava
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 30, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Delaclava » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 am

Three Stars
(OOC: This is not intended to name the official "three stars" of the recent game, particularly one that ended in a draw. This is merely a storytelling device, and one I may well use again for a similar purpose.)

1. Arthur Lemaire, coach

A young Arthur Lemaire was on the last Delaclava hockey team that traveled to Plutoni for the 16th World Cup of Hockey. He was one of the many prospects waiting in the wings for their turn as aging stars such as Jody Viesel and Greg Amselik sought one last hurrah at the World Cup. Lemaire would get his chance sooner than later, when coach Adam Baldwin, fed up with a less-than-dominant 2-2-0 record against weak opposition, correctly predicted that the Phoenixes would need more firepower to advance deeper. The changes worked - his team, armed with younger legs, ripped off four straight wins to advance all the way to the semifinals. Lemaire himself would tally the lone goal in the quarterfinal against Carasatoga, flying in from the left wing and deftly tapping in a rebound from a Serena Holvlen shot with just a few minutes remaining on the clock.

It seemed that after numerous tournaments of middling success, Delaclava had found a squad that could maintain a consistently high level. But instead of the beginning of better things to come, it was the best it would get.

Lemaire's goal was the last that would be scored in the black-and-rainbow sweaters. The Phoenixes would lose the semifinal to Mohawk Clans 1-0, walk out of Nuthink Rink and onto a plane out of Plutoni. They landed back home in Delaclava, and most would never leave again. Lemaire is one of two surviving players from that team. (More on the other later...)

The older players retired, and the younger ones like Lemaire played a few more seasons in the DHL before it shuttered due to a lack of revenue. Frustrated by his change in fortunes, Lemaire abandoned sport all together. With the range of professions narrowing, Lemaire bounced around a few odd jobs - janitor, fruit farmer, medical driver - before returning to school and eventually becoming a professor himself, in history. It kept his lights on, and yet it became an increasingly bleak subject to teach, in that it seemed to fade from reality and into an imagined fantasy.

After fifteen years, Professor Lemaire had had enough. He packed up his desk in search of the proverbial "cabin in the woods". After a multi-day road trip with no apparent destination, he wandered into a western town of around six hundred people called Spaulding. He thought, "good enough", got a house, and settled in.

But a funny thing happened: unburdened by expectations or memories of past, Arthur felt in control of destiny, free to find his own way to contribute to the surroundings. Spaulding was a remote farming and fishing town with a recent relative boom of children, and Arthur started a recreation program. The people of Spaulding came together to build some parks, and Arthur put his woodworking skills to use, building a whole range of sports equipment. He had fallen in love with the community and had a new sense of optimism. When his first winter in Spaulding came, Arthur put hockey sticks in the hands of the kids at the frozen lake, and soon enough, weekend youth hockey was one of the biggest recurring social events of the season.

Spaulding had advanced from a town of going by the basics to a place where people were living simple yet happy and playful lives. Many people, like Arthur had done, ended up in Spaulding on accident and found themselves a hospital place to live. The citizens already there welcomed the newcomers each time. The city grew as the rest of the country was doing, and Spaulding became emblematic of the community growth that defined the whole purpose of isolationist policies in the first place. By the time President Urso was elected, Spaulding had morphed into one of the largest cities in the country, with the same spirit of unity that had defined the small fishing town; and Arthur Lemaire was administrator of a booming youth hockey league renowned in southwest Delaclava.

The Delaclava Olympic Committee was back in operation, and they were looking to put the Phoenixes hockey team back together. It was serendipity that the hero of the last Phoenixes squad had, after a long and winding road, become the driving force behind the second wave of hockey in the nation. They wanted Lemaire to become head coach and put together a team of his choosing. Lemaire began traveling around southern Delaclava looking for players in the other youth and intramural leagues. He needed some help in the Northern provinces, so he called up an old friend - Roland Haase, the other surviving member of the WCoH16 Phoenixes. Haase had taken the place of Ezekiel Faroza in the blue paint and gave up just two goals in the final four games. And now he was going to become Lemaire's goaltending coach.

In a whirlwind, the two former teammates had found a group of 25 players and a few more assistant coaches to take to the Atlantian Oceanian Hockey Championships in Northwest Kalactin. And as the Phoenixes' starting six took the ice to face the hosts at Gold Coast Hockey Arena, Lemaire looked over his team, still in disbelief that he was back at this kind of rink. Like his nation himself, he had departed from what he once knew, and yet had come all the way back.

2. Tom Sutton, goalie

Tom Sutton was Roland Haase's first call as soon as Haase got off the phone with his new head coach. Unlike the southern portion of the country, recreational and scholastic hockey had remained somewhat robust in the northern provinces, particularly Valhalla. Thus, Haase had rather consistently been a recreational player, and then teacher and coach at Breton Valley High School for the past several decades. His goaltending days were long gone, but he had the pleasure of seeing and developing much of the young talent in the area. Yet it pained Haase to see these hard working and talented young men develop and hone their skills, and then just move on to being doctors, farmers, lawyers, and the like - nothing wrong with those professions, and Haase was proud to see everything his proteges were capable of. But the window of opportunity to compete as an elite athlete is slim for even the most physically gifted and fortunate. And now that window existed for no one.

Haase could hardly stand it anymore when Thomas Sutton walked through the doors as a freshman at Breton Valley and showed more natural aptitude as a goaltender than Haase had seen before. Thomas was tall, lean, with graceful agility. Coupled with a naturally aggressive style, Breton Valley's opponents struggled for the next four years to get on the scoreboard. After four state championships, Sutton moved on to hone his skills in Valhalla University's intramural league, which was arguably as big as intercollegiate hockey had ever been in Delaclava. Haase thought, this was someone who just had to be playing against the world's best. But like most other young athletes before him, Tom graduated, picked up an accounting job, and played beer league on the weekends.

But the winds of change were blowing. Haase had always been hopeful, yet now had a real sense that there would again be a place for professional hockey players. Even before the national borders opened, Haase was calling up Sutton and all his other former players at Breton Valley, telling them that they ought to take their rec leagues a little seriously and keep their skills sharp.

At national team practice, as Haase worked with Sutton and his two other goalies, Jonathan Bagley and Janne Laaksonen, he felt perhaps more pressure than others at the rink, maybe even more than head coach Lemaire. The coaching staff wanted everybody to play well, but they needed Sutton to play well. They knew this was going to be a ragtag, undersized team with a lot of hunger perhaps unmet at this time by skill and athleticism. Unless they had a goalie who could stand on his head and bail out his team, they risked getting blown out every single game.

Haase needn't have worried. The host team, Northwest Kalactin, skated circles around Delaclava up and down the ice for twenty minutes, putting up eighteen shots in that first frame. Sutton stopped all eighteen, and was cutting off angles and poke checking before many other shots could even be fired. It wasn't until five minutes into the second period that Sutton faltered: Dayton Ray fired a shot through traffic from the point. It came through unobstructed, yet Sutton was thrown off and bobbled the save, allowing Craig Truitt to sweep the rebound into the net.

With no other reaction, Sutton stood up, skated a bit behind his net, got back in the blue paint, and stopped the next 19 shots.

3. Jehiel Abreu, left wing, captain

The coaching staff had no idea what was going to happen at the first practice of the new Delaclav hockey team. They had brought together 25 men mostly in the twenties, most of whom had never met each other. At the risk of sounding trite: could these guys come together as a hockey team?

Most of the team was on edge, trying both to impress their coaches and just to not mess up. Then there was 23-year-old Jehiel Abreu. He was one of the smallest players on the team, but he glided around the ice. Initially, he seemed to only talk when calling for the puck or to call out where it was going. But when he said something, it was always at the right time. They'd go through drills and Abreu would consistently disturb defensive pairings and generate scoring chances.

The rest of the team caught on to his flow and began playing with a renewed confidence and energy. Abreu noticed that this leadership role had been practically given to him, and he stepped right in. He was more vocal. He became the guy who was leading the squad through warmups and movement drills. He sought to be encouraging, and as the puck movement got crisper and the defensive resistance grew tougher, there was plenty to be positive about. Abreu was clicking well with Alex Coburn, a center who also made up for a lack of height with slick handling and a deadly snapshot from the hip, and Daryl Walmsley, one of the "veterans" of the team who brought a larger and more physical presence that could muscle past defenders and set up for finishes. The Phoenixes had a top line.

That top line struggled to get any traction in the first period against Northwest Kalactin. But it seemed having a deficit to erase brought Abreu down to earth. He decided it was time to act, not react, and take control of possession. This wasn't much of a gritty or physical team - they just weren't big enough to be - but Abreu's line was moving the puck well enough in the Northwest Kalactin zone to keep grinding down the defense. Antoine Clement and Radovan Němec had figured out how to protect Sutton, and now they were trying to crack opposing goalie Clint Bowers. The Phoenixes never panicked, even as time wound down and Bowers was still tracking everything. Even as Clement picked up a tripping penalty with just four minutes left.

As Northwest Kalactin went on the power play, conventional wisdom would suggest Delaclava basically had two minutes left to tie the game, after they killed the penalty. But when Němec blocked a shot, Abreu saw the puck trickling towards Rhett Hightower and the power play unit collapsed into the zone. This was it. He called for the puck, Hightower sent it past an overcommitted Aaron Johnson, and Abreu was gone. Bowers was almost surprised to see him drawing close. Abreu stabbed his right skate out and brought the puck left, Bowers bit and Abreu calmly filled in the open net.

Abreu celebrated with the penalty kill unit that had followed up behind him, then skated to the bench. He reached coach Lemaire and the two yelled at each other in jubilation. Lemaire and Abreu were the two most recent goalscorers for the Phoenixes and the architects of the new Delaclava national team. Lemaire had brought together a group of 25 hockey players. Abreu had, in fact, made them a team.
Last edited by Delaclava on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sports Honor Roll
Football: 2x WORLD BOWL CHAMPIONS (13 & 15), 1x Runner-up (11), 4x Third Place (41-44), 1x Regional Champions
Hockey: World Cup 16 Third Place, 2x World Juniors Champion (18 & 22), 3x World Junior Runners-up (16, 17, 19), 1x Regional Silver
Basketball: 2x IBC Runners-up (31 and 36), 4x Regional Medal (1 Silver, 3 Bronze)
Lacrosse: 2x Worlds Runners-up (16 and 41) 1x Regional Silver
Soccer: Olympic Gold (V), 3rd at IAC 18 3rd at Di Bradini Cup 15, 4th at Baptism of Fire 34
Host of WC 55; CoH 44, 46, 84, and 87; BoF 72; World Bowl 11, 15, 39, and 43; IBC 7 and 31; AOCAF 31; WJHC 16 and 18; etc. Founder of Scott Cup and World Team Tennis Championship.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:28 pm

The Vilita and Turori Ice Hockey Program was riding high after their triumph at the 34th World Cup of Hockey in Savojarna. They had one the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships in Qasden then took their triumph one step further by climbing atop the Hockey Universe defeating the hosts to claim their first World Cup of Hockey title.

Then came the fall. First round exits in each of the past World Cups of Hockey. The Vilita and Turori Ice Hockey team needed something to set them in the right direction. They got that spark at the 14th Olympic Games in Yeaddin, Vilita where the Vilitan Union team advanced to the outdoor final at the famed Lirai Asku Castle where they would defeat Kriegiersien 1-0 to win the Gold Medal.

While they couldn't carry that momentum through to the 39th World Cup of Hockey in Kelssek, they've got a rare chance at another warm up competition when the top Ice Hockey teams in Atlantian Oceania - with the exception of the absent Vanorians, descend on Northwest Kalactin for the 7th Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships. Vilita and Turori have made every contested AOHC Final, having only finished outside the podium places during AOHC 3 which had its final positions determined on group tables. Of the three prior Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships, the Vilita and Turori squad have won two of them having been defeated in the final by Andossa se Mitrin Vega in the other during AOHC 4.

In addition to marching down the path to hopefully contest another final, the Ice Cat Things were gifted an opportunity for a little revenge to open up their group stage slate as they were drawn against the Sarzonia Stars. The Stars footballing counterparts pulled off the upset over the Vilita and Turori Eel-Cat things during the recently contested AOCAF competition and there was plenty of motivation to return the favor on the ice. Vilita and Turori got off to a fast start scoring three goals in the first half of the opening period of play chasing Sarzonia's netminder Matt Peterson. While the remainder of the game was a more even affair, Vilita and Turori held on for a 3-2 victory to start the tournament off on the right foot and build some early confidence that they could begin looking ahead to the Quarter-Final knockout rounds.

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Fri May 01, 2020 1:36 am

"Welcome back to Comm Sports 1 Nightline, I'm Andy Skyler alongside Paula Zimmer. Paula, Hockey!? At this point in the year?"

PZ: "Yes Andy, the Commonwealth National Hockey Team opened play in the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships, drawn into a group with regional powers Banija and Siovanija & Teusland, who were first up on the schedule.
Let's head out to the Murwelldobah Ice Centre in Northwest Kalactin.
Here in the first period, an odd man rush by the Goldhorns, but Robbie Sullivan comes up with a huge save from a shot by Alois Eisner to preserve the scoreless tie.

Aaron Lispcomb battling along the boards and the puck comes free to Dan Culbertson, who lays it back for his Belle Haven Comets teammate Niall O'Halloran who sends the one timer just wide, but Len Mazzelli picks up the carom and finds O'Halloran, who takes a stride before beating Christian Heisig and it's 1-0.
Later in the period, the Goldhorns look to make a change, but Kevin McLemore takes the puck early & finds Benjy Ndumeke coming off the bench, the Mansfield Warrior makes no mistake, blasting it over the stick side shoulder. 2-0 after 1

A Florentin Wald goal cut the lead in half early in the second and the Goldhorns had a five on three advantage when Louis Schenk took a penalty with this hit on Donnie Waite, which led to Schenk's early shower; five minutes for boarding and a game misconduct, which soon turned into a power play for the Blues, and Eric Grigsby found Matt Donnenfeld to put BP up 3-1.

In the third period, things went from bad to worse for Siovanija; an icing call on a powerplay gave the Blues a shorthanded faceoff in their offensive zone, and Owen Clayton won the draw, pulling it back to McLemore, who quickly feeds Greg Collins for a one timer that beats an unsighted Heisig, making 4-1 with 5 and change left in the game.

A late powerplay goal from Grant Tolliver rounded out the scoring, and coupled with Banija's loss to Gyatso-kai, BP's next opponent, means that a win in the next match might sew up advancement to the knockout stages."
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri May 01, 2020 8:45 am

Cutoff

Group A
Ko-oren 3–3 Northwest Kalactin
Delaclava 5–0 Quebec
Group A                Pld      W       D      L       GF      GA      GD       P
Delaclava 2 1 1 0 6 1 +5 3
Northwest Kalactin 2 0 2 0 4 4 0 2
Quebec 2 1 0 1 3 6 -3 2
Ko-oren 2 0 1 1 4 6 -2 1

Group B
Qasden 2–2 Sarzonia
Vilita and Turori 1–1 Equestria
Group B                Pld      W       D       L      GF      GA     GD     P
Qasden 2 1 1 0 5 2 +3 3
Vilita and Turori 2 1 1 0 4 3 +1 3
Sarzonia 2 0 1 1 4 5 -1 1
Equestria 2 0 1 1 1 4 -3 1

Group C
Baker Park 5–1 Gyasto-Kai
Siovanija 3–2 Banija
Group C        Pld      W       D       L       GF     GA     GD     P
Baker Park 2 2 0 0 10 2 +8 4
Gyasto-Kai 2 1 0 1 4 5 -1 2
Siovanija 2 1 0 1 4 7 -3 2
Banija 2 0 0 2 2 6 -3 0

Baker Park Clinched playoff spot, gets 1 seed with win.
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Fri May 01, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sat May 02, 2020 6:59 am

The room in the basement of the Gray House might have been referred to as a man cave if it belonged to anyone other than Grant Haffner. It had a comfortable couch, a 90-inch high definition plasma TV, a well-stocked mini bar, and a kitchenette capable of holding a variety of takeout.

The next room over had four billiards tables. It was adjacent to a complex featuring a gym and a swimming pool. The area was a nice refuge for Sarzonian president Haffner and his wife, first lady Gloria.

In Gray House parlance, the area was referred to as The Executive Recreation Centre. It was where Grant Haffner sat down to watch the Sarzonian national hockey team face off against Qasden. He looked quizzically as he saw the TV camera focus on assistant coach Joe Crosson and coach Paul Bremerton was nowhere in sight.

He also noticed Yuri Evgenikov skating into the crease even though the Incorporated Ice Hockey Federation announced earlier that afternoon that Peterson's suspension was overturned. The Board of Governors also announced that it upheld the suspension of Bremerton for his role in the fracas between starting goaltender Matt Peterson and him.

When Vice President for Health and Athletics Carter Marshall rang up Haffner and explained the situation in as much detail as he had, he asked Haffner if he should intervene. Haffner's eyes widened and then his eyebrows furrowed. He then put his right hand up with his palm facing the video image of Marshall.

"And do WHAT, Carter? Overturn Bremerton's suspension? Impose one on Peterson?"

Before Marshall could answer, Haffner said, "it's not our place to interject in a personnel decision that was arrived at with the information the team's staff had available to them at the time. Our getting involved would set a dangerous precedent and could cause a chilling effect on future personnel decisions."

Marshall breathed a subtle, but noticeable sigh of relief. Haffner noticed it, but decided against addressing the elephant in the room.

Sarzo likely would have overturned the suspension, he knew Marshall was thinking. He knew that Sarzo very well might have invoked executive privilege to intercede and force Bremerton to the bench for the critical match against Qasden. But if there's one thing that Haffner isn't, it's Sarzo.

"If Bremerton wants his team to have a culture of accountability, he has to set the tone," Haffner said, "by sitting out tonight."

Thus, it was Crosson calling the shots and Evgenikov making the saves, a total of 19 in the Stars 2-2 draw that at least mathematically kept them alive for the next crucial tie against Equestria.

Both Bremerton and Peterson would be back and in their usual roles, but one thing was clearly changed. The team would have a reckoning that made everyone affiliated with the squad understand that no one was bigger than the team.

Gyatso-kai
Ambassador

Postby Gyatso-kai » Sun May 03, 2020 1:37 am

.:: HOME Locker Room, Murwelldobah Ice Centre, Murwelldobah, Northwest Kalactin ::.
1145 hours local time, 1 May 2020.2

Well that was disappointing...

Hosaka Severi sat alone in the Home Locker Room at the Murwelldobah Ice Centre, wondering where the game went wrong.

And how wrong it went...

He thought back to the goalie - a young Earth guy out of Adirolf named Dang Mun-Hee - getting his first appearance for the National Team after Zhao Baoli was taken down by a strong flu bug he must have been incubating since they arrived. Ming Zhanshi, the usual backup and eventual successor for Zhao, was told he would be in the net during the morning practice; however, one broken skate and a pulled groin muscle pushed the 20-year-old goalie from Reserves to Starter. Of course, with no backup or reserve goalie, Dang had to be the one to hold his own in the net no matter the outcome.

Three goals in the first, two goals in the second, and, thankfully, he managed to keep out the seven shots on net in the third... He did the best he could with what happened out there. I only hope he doesn't blame himself for this...

Of course, no matter how much you depend on a goaltender, you need a strong offence and an even stronger defence to generate goals. Yet, this game showed a breakdown in the Ice Bisons' ability to create those goals. The only person to get past Robbie Sullivan, who seemed to just stop everything the boys could fire at him, was Hosaka, on a breakaway late in the third. For the other fifty-three minutes of the game though, the Ice Bisons had been stopped at every pass, intercepted at every breakaway, and otherwise embarrassed by an unranked team playing a significantly more defensive game; ASPN had rated the Baker Park team as a +1.3 whereas the Ice Bisons were a +3.0. Some could say it was simply the nature of hockey; lucky randomness at the best of times, and a cruel weighted dice at the worse. For the Ice Bisons, this was the heaviest weighted dice that Margaret could ever through at them...

I like the term. Heard it back when I was hanging out at that bar... what was it... Chang's? Met that guy Zhao who was on break...

"Sev? You in here?"

The voice of Song Unataq rang through the locker room, and Hosaka was quick to stand. Song, as the Captain of the Ice Bisons, often garnished the same respect that an officer in the military would receive.

"Yes, Captain." Hosaka spoke up, as Song walked around the corner. Standing at 193 centimetres, Song Unataq was not a small man by any measure, and when he wore the traditional garb of the Northern Water Tribes, he appeared to be even more imposing. Hosaka bowed as Song approached, however, Song was quick to hold his hands out to stop Hosaka mid-bow.

"No, none of that, Sev."

"I am sorry, Captain, it is just..."

"No sorry. I am not some superior you have to bow to."
Song laughed as he looked to the locker behind Hosaka. "Still sitting here?"

"Just thinking."

"That never does you any good, Sev."
Sitting on the bench, he motioned for Hosaka to sit next to him. As Hosaka sat, he could just imagine how warm Song must be beneath his heavy coat; a tradition of the team since before The Silence, most of the players would wear the traditional garb of their home village or home Nation. For Song, it was a deep blue coat, with large salt-and-pepper fur lining the collar and arms and base, combined with even darker hue of blue for his pants and the summer kamik on his feet. For Hosaka, the deep emeralds and jade of his shenyi showed his Earth heritage, and the embroidery on his sash detailed where his family had came from.

"Then what are we supposed to do after such a resounding defeat?" Hosaka asked. "We did not just lose by a goal... had it not been for the last few minutes, we would have been scored on five times unanswered."

"Well, Sev,"
Song, sighing, seemed to ignore the second part of Hosaka's statement. "It is rather easy to see what we are supposed to do."

"And what is that, Captain?"

"Move on."

"What?"
Hosaka pulled away before standing and facing Song, whose posture took the form of a teacher before his younger, and more eager, pupil. "We just move on?"

"Of course. We do not dwell on the defeat. Instead, we continue on our day. We grab some food, we return to the hotel for the debriefing, and then we get ready for the evening skate, where,"
Song laughed, "I am sure Hak'buir will go over the tape of the game in excruciating detail..."

"So we just forget it. Forget that some unranked team came out of the tunnel, shut us down for fifty-three minutes, made one mistake, and then kept the door shut for the last seven?"

Song stood, stretching slightly before putting his arm over Hosaka's shoulder.

"Exactly. Now, come on. The bus is getting loaded and we need to be on our way. We still have one more game to prepare for."

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun May 03, 2020 8:46 am

Cutoff

Group A
Delaclava 5–2 Ko-oren
Northwest Kalactin 2–2 Quebec

Group A                Pld      W       D       L      GF      GA     GD     P
Delaclava 3 2 1 0 11 3 +8 5
Northwest Kalactin 3 0 3 0 6 6 0 3
Quebec 3 1 1 1 5 8 -3 3
Ko-oren 3 0 1 2 6 11 -5 1

Group B
Vilita and Turori 5–0 Qasden
Sarzonia 5–0 Equestria

Group B                Pld      W         D      L      GF       GA     GD     P
Vilita and Turori 3 2 1 0 9 3 +6 5
Sarzonia 3 1 1 1 9 5 +4 3
Qasden 3 1 1 1 5 7 -2 3
Equestria 3 0 1 2 1 9 -8 1

Group C
Banija 3–2 Baker Park
Gyasto-Kai 2–1 Siovanija

Group C         Pld     W      D        L      GF     GA     GD     P
Baker Park 3 2 0 1 12 5 +7 4
Gyasto-Kai 3 2 0 1 6 6 0 4
Banija 3 1 0 2 5 8 -3 2
Siovanija 3 1 0 2 5 9 -4 2

Playoff Matches
Delaclava Vs. Quebec
Vilita and Turori Vs. Gyasto-Kai*
Northwest Kalactin Vs. Sarzonia
Baker Park Vs. Qasden*
Matches swapped to avoid group stage rematch
Third party scorinaton needed for the Kalactin Vs. Sarzonia Match
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Sun May 03, 2020 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Postby Sarzonia » Sun May 03, 2020 2:09 pm

It took a combination of seven group stage matches from the World Cup of Hockey and the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Cup, but Sarzonia finally had a breakout performance on offence in the final group stage match of the seventh and current AOHC.

The Stars rode a hat trick from Sylvan Turcotte and a two-goal effort from Cameron Granato to a 5-0 victory over Equestria that sent the Stars to a date with the hosts Northwest Kalactin in the quarterfinals.

They also saw the return of both Matt Peterson in goal and coach Paul Bremerton behind the bench after the row that resulted in both men sitting out the Qasden match.

Bremerton didn't address the situation with Peterson with the media, but a source familiar with the controversy surrounding Peterson being benched against Vilita and Turori said Bremerton apologised for "unprofessional behaviour and "lack of communication" with his goalie.

Peterson, for his part, said "it's over."

"We had a lengthy conversation in his office. I apologised for letting my anger and frustration get the better of me. He did the same. We both recognised the need to be better and do better."

If the match against Equestria was any indication, the Stars got off to a promising start. Turcotte opened the scoring with a laser from the point on an early power play at the 2:13 mark of the first period. Peterson kept the Ponies off the scoreboard with a brilliant stick save of a wraparound attempt as the Stars killed a four-minute double minor penalty for Alan Donald for instigating and roughing.

Donald incurred the penalty after Granato was checked aggressively into the boards at the 15:49 mark of the first. Turcotte scored his second goal of the match in shorthanded fashion at the 17:29 mark of the first period after intercepting a crossrink pass and stuffing the puck through the goaltender's five-hole.

With the Stars playing four-on-four as the result of another Donald roughing minor when he took exception to what appeared to be a high stick directed to Turcotte's face, Granato scored his first goal of the match as he took Turcotte's place on the first line while the training staff looked him over. The goal with three minutes, 10 seconds expired in the second period gave Sarzonia breathing room and gave Bremerton a chance to give lesser-utilised players a chance to gain additional ice time.

Even with the additional playing time for the depth players, Turcotte still shined as he fired a one-timer that rocketed under the glove of the Equestrian goalie with 22 seconds remaining in the second.

Granato notched his second goal into an empty net with 11 seconds left to put the finishing touches on the victory. Peterson earned the No. 3 star as he only had to make 19 saves. Turcotte and Granato were the 1 and 2 stars, respectively.

The Kalactanians played to three draws to earn their place in the quarterfinals, but most observers expecting an instant replay of the wild brawl between the junior teams will "get ready to be disappointed," Peterson said.

"Those are two completely different teams, " he said. "There's no carryover."

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun May 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Host Announcement: Due to an error in seeding you will end up playing the team you are seeded against. Group stage will not matter.

New Playoff Matchups
Delaclava Vs. Quebec
Vilita and Turori Vs. Qasden
Baker Park Vs. Northwest Kalactin
Gyasto Kai Vs. Sarzonia
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Minister

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 pm

Tiffany Sweeney: "Twenty one minutes after the hour and time for Sports with Kevin Ellis. Action going on everywhere across several competitions Kevin, you're going to tell us about one of them I'm sure."

Kevin Ellis: "(laughs) That's called foreshadowing, listener. Our resident hockey crazed news anchor knows we are starting out with the preparations for the upcoming quarterfinal match at the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championships in Northwest Kalactin, where the All Blues will face the hosts tomorrow, having won Group C despite their loss to Banija on the final matchday.
That earned them the third seed, and they come into the last 8 as the highest scoring nation in the tournament; they will face a Kalactin team who advanced on the back of three ties during the group round.
Head Coach Russell Brody described the team's chances now that the stakes have come down to win or go home"
RB: [pre-recorded]"We've been excellent on special teams, which can carry you a long way in a competition like this. It's elimination time, and I'm sure every player on all the remaining teams knows how to cope with that pressure. I like where we're at, and I don't see why we can't win this."

KE: "Joe Baumgardner took the loss in his first appearance in the tourney against Banija, but Robbie Sullivan will be back in net for the next match and we will have coverage here on National Radio beginning at 5:45 pm with face off at 6. Back to you Tiff, and bonne chance!"

TS: "Merci, Kevin, and we'll be back in 90 seconds with the weather."
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 29 Playoff Round

AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports