NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:21 pm

Having entertained one Californian, Dayton thought it the ideal time to entertain the next. Thus, she promptly knocked on the door of Governor Montgomery of California.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Sarenium wrote:Having entertained one Californian, Dayton thought it the ideal time to entertain the next. Thus, she promptly knocked on the door of Governor Montgomery of California.

Mike Montgomery

The dog went barking as usual, until the son of the governor himself went to calm down Wyatt. Mike opened the door to see Dayton at the front door. "Uhh? Can I help you?" Mike said, looking a bit tired, where he rubbed his eyes after adjusting his glasses.
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:31 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Velahor wrote:
"I'd prefer the latter, but I could tolerate the first too," he joked. "Well, I'm interested. I'm not going to commit today, but let's just say this meeting gave me perspective, and that perspective is that I would do good endorsing someone who I get along with with. Speaking of people I get along with, that's my one issue with the Governor thing, I get along pretty well with Ben. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there."

"If all goes as planned, you hopefully won't have to tackle an incumbent, and Ben finds himself serving both faithfully and successfully in my Administration," she smiled, "he would make a successful and very fine diplomat."

“That’s perfect. He serves in your administration, I take the reins of the state for a few years,” Papazian said with a smile. “I don’t think I would run against him, so if he doesn’t step down, I’ll run for LA mayor and wait for 2026 when he term limits out.”
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:50 pm

Levi Murphy Rally
Detroit, Michigan

Team Levi departed from the early states for a special rally in Detroit, Michigan. Michigan was shortly after Super Tuesday, and although clearly a whiles a way, it was important to sow the seeds for a victory in such a delegate-rich state. But there was some more reasoning behind it all, a special guest was to make an appearance at the rally, and they wanted to have it in Michigan. It was a suiting location, a good idea, so it would be good to have a large crowd for the announcement. The stage was set-up, Levi was preparing in the back. Steven Gray, the National Political Director of the campaign to warm up the crowd.

"Heelloo, Detroit!" Mr Gray said, the crowd was ecstatic, the hadn't had a presidential campaign in the state for a while now. "Who is ready to take back the White House?" The crowd cheered to that. "We're here in Detroit, to meet and speak with you all, because we are in the land of broken promises. We're here because peoples dreams, livelihoods, families, homes, schools, hospitals have been left in a dire state. Politicians say a lot and Michigan sure does know that. A politician who has said a lot about Michigan is President Wolf," the elicited boos from the crowd. "Drain the swamp he said, bring back your jobs he said. Look, the man says a lot, the man breaks his promises with working people a lot, President Wolf has left the rust-belt shattered. He's let you all down, the working people of Detroit and the working people of Michigan. It's all talk, no action for him, because at the end of the day: he's beholden to the same monied interests."

"Now, we have an opportunity to change that, by elected a certain presidential candidate that I think you may all know. Senator Levi Murphy has been fighting for working people every living and breathing day of his life. He was a bus driver for the Saint Paul Metropolitan Council in Minnesota, he was a union leader in the Amalgamated Transportation Union. He was the General-Secretary of the AFL-CIO in Minnesota. He's a working class man to his core, unlike the elitst forces currently running the joint in Washington D.C. It's about time we sent a worker to the White House, like all of you, to get things straight once and for all. To end the terrible trade deals that have destroyed our manufacturing - to end the political corruption in D.C. by banning corporate donations and taking a hard-line stance on lobbyists - to increase the minimum wag to $15 an hour - to pass Medicare for All to give everyone universal healthcare - to ensure free and quality education for everyone in this country. Let's send a message to Washington D.C. that the establishment will never forget: send a worker to the White House."

"A Presidential election isn't just about the candidate, however. It's about building a coalition of working people to take back government for good. It requires the support of all of you, in whatever form you can help. Volunteer, share our material on social media, donate if you can, enroll to vote and organise your friends and family. It also requires allies from across the country, from sea to shining sea. That's why we have a special guest here today. He's from Hawaii, he's a Representative. I bet you've guessed it already. Please give a round of applause to Representative Len Williams!" Gray would hand the microphone to Len to give a speech.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:58 pm

Velahor wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"I assume you have doubts in my leadership, only someone who questions my capability of the RNC Chair would ask such a question. So why is it? Is it the last name?" She countered.

"I don't doubt your capability, your capability is obvious. But your capability as RNC Chair is only a good thing if you are impartial, and that's where I'm coming from. I also worry that without the right guidance, you could be led to supporting this party losing its strong economic bearings, as long as it led to electoral victory. Porter is already out there trying to remake this party's image in that of social conservatism and economic leftism, and like it or not, that trend started with the Wolf presidency flipping long-held GOP positions on trade and spending. So when you say that you want to 'carry on the Wolf agenda', to me, that says that you want to continue evolving this compromise on fiscal issues that the party has been dirtying itself with. Do that enough, and you lose people like me, Richardson, and all the educated suburban voters who come with that. The combination of your inexperience and the Wolf name led me to worry that these type of compromises on the party platform may take place; and through that, the party would be remade in the image of social big-government conservatism and economic leftism, the opposite of my beliefs and of much of this party."

"The problem with you is, is that you don't seem to understand that the Republican Party is the Wolf Party now. So, I'm not going to not carry on the Wolf Agenda, because that agenda is the future of the party," she said, bluntly. "There is a reason no major candidate is attacking the President, or his son publicly. It's because Republicans love Wolf, they love the name, they're Wolfists more than they are Republicans anymore. And the candidates who did attack my father are now dropping-out. Porter, on the other hand, is a different beast. He was normal under the administration, I guess with his leash gone he's gotten out of hand, but he is not the continuation of the Wolf Agenda. No, not at all."

"Now, I plan on continuing being impartial, I will not force any Republican candidate to drop-out in Texas like you suggest. You've honestly really failed making your case to me."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:
Sarenium wrote:Having entertained one Californian, Dayton thought it the ideal time to entertain the next. Thus, she promptly knocked on the door of Governor Montgomery of California.

Mike Montgomery

The dog went barking as usual, until the son of the governor himself went to calm down Wyatt. Mike opened the door to see Dayton at the front door. "Uhh? Can I help you?" Mike said, looking a bit tired, where he rubbed his eyes after adjusting his glasses.

"Governor," she smiled, "our offices coordinated to meet now, was this still an alright time?"

Velahor wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"If all goes as planned, you hopefully won't have to tackle an incumbent, and Ben finds himself serving both faithfully and successfully in my Administration," she smiled, "he would make a successful and very fine diplomat."

“That’s perfect. He serves in your administration, I take the reins of the state for a few years,” Papazian said with a smile. “I don’t think I would run against him, so if he doesn’t step down, I’ll run for LA mayor and wait for 2026 when he term limits out.”

"Here's hoping he accepts, to the best of your knowledge does he prefer whiskey, beer or wine?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:08 pm

[quote="Sarenium";p="37015795"]

"Governor," she smiled, "our offices coordinated to meet now, was this still an alright time?"

Mike Montgomery

"Governor? I'm not the governor? My dad is the governor? Who are you? What do you want?" Mike said, as he grew confused by the stranger.

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:20 pm

Shah Rally, Arlington Hall, Dallas, Texas
(May 22, 2019)

Veléz returned to Texas in the wake of the debates. He was back to working for Shah- and it was only getting easier to do so. As the Congressman was rising in the polls, the crowd sizes were growing, support was becoming more vociferous. Veléz was in a good place, having jumped into the Shah camp before it was politically expedient- when he was down in the polls and largely unknown.

The debate performance was certainly helping, but Veléz had to make sure his investment paid off. So, he went to Dallas to stump. Once again he spoke to a multiethnic crowd, this time at a large venue central to the city. It was the biggest yet, and he started to see VELÉZ signs mixed in with the Shah campaign paraphernalia. It seemed as though the two campaigns were becoming tied together as the stock of both politicians rose together with their polling numbers. Still, the Presidential candidate avoided making it about himself. After local politicians and other surrogates had the chance to speak, Veléz took the podium, grinning and waving to the cheering crowd and media cameras.

“Hello Dallas! Hola y bienvenidos! My name is Miguel Veléz, but most people just call me Mike. I’m the current Governor of Florida, a candidate for president, and most importantly, a proud, vocal supporter of Suraj Shah for the United States Senate- as I’m sure you are too!

Suraj is s good one- that’s why I’ve been with him since the beginning. He’s a great husband and family man. We served together under our friend, President Baharia, and I remember the skill and advocacy he brought to the Department of Labor. Since taking office, he has been a fierce yet empathetic United States Representative for Houston and Texas in the House, and he will make a tremendous United States Senator too. He won’t just serve as a voice for Democrats, for Indian-Americans. He will be a voice for the diverse tapestry that is the Lone Star State. Regardless of party, race, color or creed, Suraj will stand up and speak for you. And as I’m sure you all saw, these truths about Suraj shone true at the debate last week. He proved to be a strong, level-headed leader while his opponents spouted anger and hate. He proved intelligent and thoughtful while his opponents proved uninformed and tone-deaf. I don’t have to tell you twice that Suraj won hands down, he will win again on the 6th, and he will be the first Democrat to hold this seat in almost four decades by July!

Folks, Suraj can’t do it alone. He’s a strong candidate, but candidates are only as strong as their supporters, at the end of the day. We all know that this is not only a pivotal moment for all Texans, but for all Americans with an immigrant background, some of whom are right here today. Heck, Suraj and I both come from an immigrant background. His family came to the United States from India looking for opportunity, just as mine came from Colombia escaping civil war. Both of our families have worked to make this country a better place- and they are not the exception. Diverse cities like Dallas understand this and hold it self evident most of all.

Immigrants have turned Dallas into one of the best places to live in the United States, a cultural and economic hub of not only Texas, but the whole region. They have started businesses, strengthened the community, and brought big dreams to this Texas city. Dallas represents everything President Wolf, James Goldwater, and Bernard Porter are not. It represents hope, it represents true prosperity, and it represents progress. Now is the time for San Antonio to take a stand for what it represents.

James Goldwater called immigration to the United States an invasion. He told people like Suraj and I that we do not belong in this country, and that we are occupiers of foreign soil. As a textbook racist, he spewed hate against Hispanics in particular. Bernard Porter worked to militarize the border as Secretary of Defense, cooperating with Wolf to deploy the national guard to the border, in an attempt to turn states like Texas into a warzone. Heck, he even lets supporters proudly wave the swastika at his rallies. Republican Senate candidate Randy Cramp, who built his reputation on hate was true to form when he refused to denounce these neo-Nazis and white nationalists, the likes of which have killed people in Charlottesville and Charleston. Need I remind you, Wolf puts children in cages, separates families, and sends immigrants back to war zones- he rejects refugees, going against the very founding story of this country. Their racism, both rhetorical and institutional, incites violence in our communities and emboldens white supremacists and other hate filled individuals to organize and threaten the moral fiber of the United States.

We almost repudiated this hate by ousting James Goldwater in 2018, but we failed. Now the stakes are higher- this senate race is one of our final opportunities to reject Wolfism and show that we choose hope over hate. It is one of our last opportunities to prevent Wolfism from dominating this country even after Wolf has left office. We have been given a chance to send a message to Washington, and by God we have to take it. We can not afford as a nation to send the likes of Randy Cramp Karen Brookshire to the Senate. Yes, there are a number of tremendous candidates fighting for the responsibility of representing your interests in the Presidential race, and ending Wolfism that way. But we cannot end Wolfism by just taking the White House. No, we have to chip away at Senator Warrick’s iron grip. That’s the only way we pass legislation to keep kids out of cages- kids who could’ve been me or you. That’s the only way we give DACA recipients a permanent status in this country, and a path to citizenship. That’s the only way we change politics as usual. Suraj is the best candidate in the race to end this iron grip and bring real progress, to send a message to Wolf, and to be your voice against hate.

Take your stand, Dallas. Say ‘no more’ to Wolfism, and spark a movement to bring new politics to this country for a new decade. Take your stand and put Suraj Shah in the United States Senator to send a tell to Wolf and his cronies that Texas doesn’t want a wall, Texas wants immigration reform. Texas doesn’t want kids in cages, Texas wants kids in good schools and safe neighborhoods. Texas believes healthcare is a human right, and that a hard day’s work should earn a fair wage. This isn’t about starting a new revolution, this is about picking up the torch of those who came before us to bend the arc of history back toward progress, rather than darkness. This is about bringing good folks together to say ‘enough is enough.’”

There was some applause, then, as usual, Mike switched over to his his Spanish language remarks to speak to the Spanish-language attendees.

Mi nombre es Miguel Veléz, pero la mayoría de la gente me llama Mike. Soy el actual gobernador de Florida, un candidato a presidente y, lo que es más importante, un orgulloso y vocal defensor de Suraj Shah para el Senado de los Estados Unidos, ¡como estoy seguro de que usted también lo es!

Suraj es bueno, por eso he estado con él desde el principio. Es un gran esposo y hombre de familia. Servimos juntos bajo nuestro amigo, el presidente Baharia, y recuerdo la habilidad y la defensa que trajo al Departamento de Trabajo. Desde que asumió el cargo, ha sido un Representante feroz pero empático de los Estados Unidos para Houston y Texas en la Cámara, y también será un gran Senador de los Estados Unidos. No solo servirá como una voz para los demócratas, para los indios estadounidenses. Será la voz del tapiz diverso que es el estado de la estrella solitaria. Independientemente de la fiesta, raza, color o credo, Suraj se pondrá de pie y hablará por usted. Y como estoy seguro de que todos vieron, estas verdades sobre Suraj brillaron en el debate de la semana pasada. Él demostró ser un líder fuerte y sensato mientras que sus oponentes lanzaban ira y odio. Él demostró ser inteligente y reflexivo, mientras que sus oponentes demostraron estar mal informados y sordos. No tengo que decirte dos veces que Suraj ganó sin dudas, volverá a ganar el día 6, ¡y será el primer demócrata en ocupar este asiento en casi cuatro décadas en julio!

Amigos, Suraj no puede hacerlo solo. Es un candidato fuerte, pero los candidatos son tan fuertes como sus seguidores, al final del día. Todos sabemos que este no es solo un momento crucial para todos los tejanos, sino para todos los estadounidenses con antecedentes de inmigrantes, algunos de los cuales están aquí hoy. Heck, Suraj y yo venimos de un origen inmigrante. Su familia llegó a los Estados Unidos desde la India en busca de oportunidades, así como la mía vino de Colombia escapando de la guerra civil. Nuestras dos familias han trabajado para hacer de este país un lugar mejor, y no son la excepción. Diversas ciudades como Dallas entienden esto y lo consideran evidente sobre todo.

Los inmigrantes han convertido a Dallas en uno de los mejores lugares para vivir en los Estados Unidos, un centro cultural y económico no solo de Texas, sino de toda la región. Han comenzado negocios, fortalecido la comunidad y traído grandes sueños a esta ciudad de Texas. Dallas representa todo lo que el presidente Wolf, James Goldwater y Bernard Porter no son. Representa la esperanza, representa la verdadera prosperidad y representa el progreso. Ahora es el momento de que San Antonio tome una posición por lo que representa.

James Goldwater calificó la inmigración a los Estados Unidos como una invasión. Le dijo a personas como Suraj y yo que no pertenecemos a este país y que somos ocupantes de tierras extranjeras. Como racista de libros de texto, arrojó odio contra los hispanos en particular. Bernard Porter trabajó para militarizar la frontera como Secretario de Defensa, cooperando con Wolf para desplegar la guardia nacional en la frontera, en un intento de convertir a estados como Texas en una zona de guerra. Diablos, incluso deja que los seguidores agiten con orgullo la esvástica en sus manifestaciones. El candidato republicano al Senado, Randy Cramp, quien construyó su reputación sobre el odio, se formó cuando se negó a denunciar a estos neonazis y nacionalistas blancos, que han matado a personas en Charlottesville y Charleston. Necesito recordarte que Wolf pone a los niños en jaulas, separa a las familias y envía a los inmigrantes de regreso a las zonas de guerra. Rechaza a los refugiados y va en contra de la historia fundacional de este país. Su racismo, tanto retórico como institucional, incita a la violencia en nuestras comunidades y envalentona a los supremacistas blancos y otros individuos llenos de odio para organizar y amenazar la fibra moral de los Estados Unidos.

Casi repudiamos este odio al expulsar a James Goldwater en 2018, pero fallamos. Ahora lo que está en juego es mayor: esta carrera por el Senado es una de nuestras últimas oportunidades para rechazar el lobismo y demostrar que elegimos la esperanza al odio. Es una de nuestras últimas oportunidades para evitar que Wolfism domine este país incluso después de que Wolf haya dejado el cargo. Se nos ha dado la oportunidad de enviar un mensaje a Washington, y por Dios tenemos que aprovecharlo. No podemos permitirnos como nación enviar al Senado a personas como Randy Cramp Karen Brookshire. Sí, hay una serie de tremendos candidatos que luchan por la responsabilidad de representar sus intereses en la carrera presidencial y poner fin al Wolfism de esa manera. Pero no podemos acabar con el lobismo simplemente tomando la Casa Blanca. No, tenemos que reducir el agarre de hierro del senador Warrick. Esa es la única forma en que aprobamos la legislación para mantener a los niños fuera de las jaulas, niños que podrían haber sido tú o yo. Esa es la única forma en que le damos a los destinatarios de DACA un estado permanente en este país y un camino hacia la ciudadanía. Esa es la única forma en que cambiamos la política como de costumbre. Suraj es el mejor candidato en la carrera para poner fin a este férreo control y lograr un progreso real, enviar un mensaje a Wolf y ser su voz contra el odio.

Toma tu posición, Dallas. Di "no más" al lobismo y desencadena un movimiento para traer nuevas políticas a este país durante una nueva década. Tome su posición y ponga a Suraj Shah en el senador de los Estados Unidos para enviarle un mensaje a Wolf y sus amigos de que Texas no quiere un muro, Texas quiere una reforma migratoria. Texas no quiere niños en jaulas, Texas quiere niños en buenas escuelas y vecindarios seguros. Texas cree que la atención médica es un derecho humano y que un día de trabajo duro debería ganar un salario justo. No se trata de comenzar una nueva revolución, se trata de levantar la antorcha de los que vinieron antes que nosotros para doblar el arco de la historia hacia el progreso, en lugar de la oscuridad. Se trata de reunir a gente buena para decir "suficiente es suficiente".
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:27 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Mike Montgomery

"Governor? I'm not the governor? My dad is the governor? Who are you? What do you want?" Mike said, as he grew confused by the stranger.

She contemplated her words with a frown of self indignation, "my name is Jillian, your father's office and mine coordinated to meet up here at about now, was he around?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:30 pm

Sarenium wrote:
She contemplated her words with a frown of self indignation, "my name is Jillian, your father's office and mine coordinated to meet up here at about now, was he around?"

Ben Montgomery

It was almost a coincidence, but Ben, who was pulling up in his car in the driveway at the house saw Dayton. Ben got out of the car, slamming the door and locking it, before he went up to Dayton. "Mike? Who's this?"

RPs I do

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

It was almost a coincidence, but Ben, who was pulling up in his car in the driveway at the house saw Dayton. Ben got out of the car, slamming the door and locking it, before he went up to Dayton. "Mike? Who's this?"

Jillian turned around, slightly taken aback by the man's anger before she spoke calmly, "our offices coordinated for us to meet this evening."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:46 pm

TO: [Governor Montgomery]

Dear Governor,

I was going to be in California this week and I was hoping you'd be alright if we had a quick meet and greet to talk shop?

Sincerely,
Jillian Dayton

Timestamp: May 22nd, 9am [OOC: the day before Dayton knocked on the door]
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:50 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Jillian turned around, slightly taken aback by the man's anger before she spoke calmly, "our offices coordinated for us to meet this evening."

Ben Montgomery

Ben didn't understand it at first, but he realized that it was Jillian Daytont that wanted to meet with him. "I'm terribly sorry. I did see your email, but I didn't have the time to respond to it. You don't mind that we discuss things at my home? Or perhaps we can swing by somewhere for a meal?" Ben said, trying to excuse the lack of professionalism.

RPs I do

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:52 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

Ben didn't understand it at first, but he realized that it was Jillian Daytont that wanted to meet with him. "I'm terribly sorry. I did see your email, but I didn't have the time to respond to it. You don't mind that we discuss things at my home? Or perhaps we can swing by somewhere for a meal?" Ben said, trying to excuse the lack of professionalism.

"I saw a cafe just down the road, I'm more than happy to walk on down and have a coffee if you are?" she smiled.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"I saw a cafe just down the road, I'm more than happy to walk on down and have a coffee if you are?" she smiled.

Ben Montgomery

"That would sound great. I can catch a cup of coffee." Ben said, where he then turned to his son. "Mike, you can head back inside the house now. I meet you in there before your mother arrives home." Ben said to Mike, where Mike yawned and closed the door. "We might as well start walking down there. Or we can take my car. Whatever interests you."

RPs I do

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:58 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"That would sound great. I can catch a cup of coffee." Ben said, where he then turned to his son. "Mike, you can head back inside the house now. I meet you in there before your mother arrives home." Ben said to Mike, where Mike yawned and closed the door. "We might as well start walking down there. Or we can take my car. Whatever interests you."

"Despite running for President, I've not ran or walked as much as I should in some time," she joked, "perhaps we'd better walk."

"How have your first few months as Governor been?" she asked, as they walked.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:07 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"Despite running for President, I've not ran or walked as much as I should in some time," she joked, "perhaps we'd better walk."

Ben Montgomery

"I have been trying to get long-term projects I promised into the mix, while making sure to not waste the budget. The desalination water plant is almost up. Some other projects are currently in the planning phase. I'm doing what I could to have campaign promises be made. I just got back from a party at New York with some other Democrats, though it was bipartisan. But it was a bit of all of the whole 'rich politican' theme, even though I don't have my image as one."

RPs I do

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Velahor wrote:
"I don't doubt your capability, your capability is obvious. But your capability as RNC Chair is only a good thing if you are impartial, and that's where I'm coming from. I also worry that without the right guidance, you could be led to supporting this party losing its strong economic bearings, as long as it led to electoral victory. Porter is already out there trying to remake this party's image in that of social conservatism and economic leftism, and like it or not, that trend started with the Wolf presidency flipping long-held GOP positions on trade and spending. So when you say that you want to 'carry on the Wolf agenda', to me, that says that you want to continue evolving this compromise on fiscal issues that the party has been dirtying itself with. Do that enough, and you lose people like me, Richardson, and all the educated suburban voters who come with that. The combination of your inexperience and the Wolf name led me to worry that these type of compromises on the party platform may take place; and through that, the party would be remade in the image of social big-government conservatism and economic leftism, the opposite of my beliefs and of much of this party."

"The problem with you is, is that you don't seem to understand that the Republican Party is the Wolf Party now. So, I'm not going to not carry on the Wolf Agenda, because that agenda is the future of the party," she said, bluntly. "There is a reason no major candidate is attacking the President, or his son publicly. It's because Republicans love Wolf, they love the name, they're Wolfists more than they are Republicans anymore. And the candidates who did attack my father are now dropping-out. Porter, on the other hand, is a different beast. He was normal under the administration, I guess with his leash gone he's gotten out of hand, but he is not the continuation of the Wolf Agenda. No, not at all."

"Now, I plan on continuing being impartial, I will not force any Republican candidate to drop-out in Texas like you suggest. You've honestly really failed making your case to me."

Paulson was silent for nearly ten seconds then smiled and let out a small laugh.

“You’re mistaken if you thought that was why I was here. I actually just got what I came here for. Thank you very much for proving my worst fear about you. You see, this was a test.”

“If you’d simply assured me that there would be no bias, I would have accepted it and been happy to work with you.”

“If you’d accepted the offer to interfere in Texas, you’d lack principles in theory, but be putting the good of the country ahead of those principles, so I would have still been happy to work with you.”

“If you denied the offer to interfere in Texas, and denied that you were backing Junior, I would have saw that you had principles, and been glad to work with you.”

“But none of that matters, because you failed from the start. You got defensive based on a small jab at you. So you don’t have your father’s ability to stick with it through criticism after all. Interesting,” she said, clearly considering the implications of this.

“I’m a journalist by trade. I interviewed Presidents. I was Reagan’s Press Secretary. I interviewed RNC chairs before too. All of these jobs are things where you have to be cool under pressure, when your motives are questioned.”

“But I applied just the slightest bit of pressure and you popped. I honestly don’t care if you’re partial to Junior or not, I really don’t. What I cared about is how you’d handle being asked about it by a pushy journalist. But I didn’t even ask you directly if you were behind him, and you cracked and broke civility. Then you told a senior member of the party who has written on politics for fifty years that they’re the ones who are wrong about the future of the party? You clearly are in over your head.”

“In this case, I won’t ask you what I actually came here to ask you for. You clearly have more than enough on your plate learning how this city really works,” Paulson said, not quite angry, but with the sternness of someone teaching a child a lesson.
Last edited by Velahor on Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"I have been trying to get long-term projects I promised into the mix, while making sure to not waste the budget. The desalination water plant is almost up. Some other projects are currently in the planning phase. I'm doing what I could to have campaign promises be made. I just got back from a party at New York with some other Democrats, though it was bipartisan. But it was a bit of all of the whole 'rich politican' theme, even though I don't have my image as one."

"Donaldson's soiree? I was there for a brief time, my husband found it a bit too snobby for both our tastes," she smiled, "what are your main prioritized projects?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:49 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"Donaldson's soiree? I was there for a brief time, my husband found it a bit too snobby for both our tastes," she smiled, "what are your main prioritized projects?"

Ben Montgomery

"I only attended the soiree, since Donaldson worked with President Carter. However, me and my wife left after I gave a gift basket to Donaldson. The other guests there were getting drunk. My mind is hazy about the soiree, though. My main prioritized projects are to help with the drought crisis in California, along with dealing with the housing shortage, health-care, and the high-speed rail. The drought crisis is one of the things I started working on, even as Lieutenant Governor. Things are still going a good pace for it."

RPs I do

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"I only attended the soiree, since Donaldson worked with President Carter. However, me and my wife left after I gave a gift basket to Donaldson. The other guests there were getting drunk. My mind is hazy about the soiree, though. My main prioritized projects are to help with the drought crisis in California, along with dealing with the housing shortage, health-care, and the high-speed rail. The drought crisis is one of the things I started working on, even as Lieutenant Governor. Things are still going a good pace for it."

"How much better would it be if the Federal Government helped out?" she remarked, segway-ing to Congressional inaction.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:03 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"How much better would it be if the Federal Government helped out?" she remarked, segway-ing to Congressional inaction.

Ben Montgomery

"Well, for the federal government-" Montgomery was about to explain, while he made sure to stay on the sidewalk when a driver's test car started to barrel down the street, where the driver had Hannah Montana music blaring from the radio. "Could you please slow down? The speed limit is much lower than this!" the driver instructor said, as the young teenage girl driver was trying to find a parking space. Ben waited until the car was a safe distance away from them, before he continued.

"For the federal government, I don't want to have some policies from the Wolf administration be enforced onto me, if I have no interest or disagree with them. I only get their help, when I need their approval or under an emergency."

RPs I do

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Randy Cramp Rally
San Bernadino, Texas

The Cramp Camp was buoyed by the recent polling. They had not only overtaken Brookshire in the polls, but they had also created a path for themselves towards making the general election. The team was excited, but there was no time to waste. It was only one point, a statistical tie, and the team responded and campaigned as though it was that way. A rally was organised for San Bernadino following the debate and Randy organised and thing and headed down to the rally.

"Howdy folks," Randy said to the crowd. He was wearing plaid, jeans and cowboy boots. "These boots were made for walking, and that's just what they'll do," he hummed to the crowd, they cheered and sung along. "These boots are going to walk right into the Senate on the Hill in Washington D.C.!" They cheered, Randy laughed too. "I'm sure you've seen the polling: tight. A tight race, but it is still anyone's game. Let's hope that it will be our game come June 6th, hey?" The crowd cheered. "That's why I am going to need y'all to come out and vote, you got me? If you can back me on election, I can back all of Texas in the Senate, once and for all. Inner-city Karen is running on her families dough, I'm not. I'm self-funded, supported by people like all of you and small businesses. That's the difference between me and her: one is a Republican, the other is a grocery-chain empress. Did you know that you can't even bring a weapon for self-defense into a Brookshires? I mean, if you're going to pretend to be a Republican to be in the primary, at least try harder at appearing to be a conservative!"

"I believe that actions speak louder than words. While I was fighting for Christians across this state to have freedom of religion, freedom of believing in Christ and the Bible, Karen was running family businesses across this country dry. Dry, I tell you, dry. The people I mentioned at the debate, they're still suffering. People are suffering out there, in part, because of what Karen did as the CEO of Brookshires. The same Brookshires that won't let me hold my gun in their store. We want a conservative leader in Texas, not a roll-over inner-city liberal, that's for sure. There's a reason that Texas backed President Wolf in the 2016 election; it's because we know we cannot let those people trample all over us. We cannot let this trampling by the Federal Government occur, trampling our rights, our economy, our beliefs. The only way to send a message to the federal government is to put your mark against my name on the ballot. We're mighty when we're united. Let them here our roar on election day. Let's make a real difference."

"The second amendment runs in my blood. I own many firearms myself, I brought one today. I keep it holstered for self-defense. I'm sure many of you today brought your own. I want everyone in Texas to be able to keep and have that right forever, as the sun goes down and comes up again. But, really, it's under attack. The Democrats are proposing bans on guns, federal government checks on our weapons, it's getting out of hand and it needs to stop. I'll be a real representative for the gun-owners of our state in the Senate, not anti-gun legislation is going to get past me in the Senate. I will be the guard to our rights and liberties, a guardian on the constitution and a guardian of our nation. The buck will stop with me."

"More needs to be done, that's why we've got to get real conservatives into the Senate. More needs to be done on our southern border. Our President as been hamstrung by the Democrats - they won't let the total wall get built. Trust me, I will build that wall. I will build it along the southern border. I want to see additional funding go to the border patrol and ICE too. The Border Wall will be the greatest infrastructure program of our time, it will create many jobs in manufacturing and construction. I see a great many Texans employed to build the Wall, and that's what I want to see. Real solutions putting real Americans back into work and stimulating our economy. "

"So, come June 6th, I'm praying for your support. Please make sure that you are all enrolled and that your information is up to date. We're going to need your help to keep Texas red, keep Texas Republican. Keep Texas Great - it's what President Wolf would have wanted. Thank you everyone and God Bless America."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:27 pm

Sarenium wrote:

Ben Montgomery

"Well, for the federal government-" Montgomery was about to explain, while he made sure to stay on the sidewalk when a driver's test car started to barrel down the street, where the driver had Hannah Montana music blaring from the radio. "Could you please slow down? The speed limit is much lower than this!" the driver instructor said, as the young teenage girl driver was trying to find a parking space. Ben waited until the car was a safe distance away from them, before he continued.

"For the federal government, I don't want to have some policies from the Wolf administration be enforced onto me, if I have no interest or disagree with them. I only get their help, when I need their approval or under an emergency."

"Congress should lift a hand to help needed infrastructure projects, not just here but everywhere," she complained, "I remember enacting my college plan and being forced to raise the fees to reduce the eventual cost," she sighed, reminiscing the days she got to sign laws instead of draft them.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:32 pm

Sarenium wrote:
"Congress should lift a hand to help needed infrastructure projects, not just here but everywhere," she complained, "I remember enacting my college plan and being forced to raise the fees to reduce the eventual cost," she sighed, reminiscing the days she got to sign laws instead of draft them.

Ben Montgomery

"I want to try to lift infrastructure with the state's budget. Congress is going to be skeptic, unless I can guarantee that the funds will go to the projects needed. I don't want to bother them, until absolutely necessary."

RPs I do

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse