NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:36 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@thespellman Bless your heart

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
You want to deport and vilify immigrants when its good for politics but when they are the same workers building your state's roads, landscaping your Governor's mansion, or picking the fruit you eat everyday, you couldn't care less.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
You can shrug off my statements and bless my heart but nothing will excuse the lies and slander you spread about immigrants in this country. One gang is not all immigrants, one crime is not all people. #TakeDownTheAd
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:49 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
Dentali wrote:
Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@thespellman Bless your heart

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
You want to deport and vilify immigrants when its good for politics but when they are the same workers building your state's roads, landscaping your Governor's mansion, or picking the fruit you eat everyday, you couldn't care less.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
You can shrug off my statements and bless my heart but nothing will excuse the lies and slander you spread about immigrants in this country. One gang is not all immigrants, one crime is not all people. #TakeDownTheAd

Nathaniel Richardson
@Governor Richardson

@thespellman I can tell the difference between MS-13 and legal immigrants who strengthen our country. Apparently you can't because I never demonized the entire immigrant population, if you think MS-13 accurately represents the entire immigrant population then you are the racist not me.

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:02 pm

Dentali wrote:
Martin Spellman
@thespellman

Martin Spellman
@thespellman

Nathaniel Richardson
@Governor Richardson

@thespellman I can tell the difference between MS-13 and legal immigrants who strengthen our country. Apparently you can't because I never demonized the entire immigrant population, if you think MS-13 accurately represents the entire immigrant population then you are the racist not me.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Thank you for that clarifying statement Governor, a statement that is sorely lacking in your ad and maybe should have been added.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
Pleading ignorance to your own campaign's attempt to link crime and immigrants is hardly good leadership. Come on, at least either #TakeDownTheAd or #OwnYourAd.

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
You can't have it both ways Governor! You can't say you support immigrants to pander to the moderates and the left but then run an ad associating immigrants with crime to appease your own Party!

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
But I know that's what you always do as a politician, just look at your comments about President Wolf and Gov. Prendergast! You try to pander to women and moderates by finally owning up to the sexual misconduct and misogyny of these men...

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
But when they call you out for it, you walk it back and say that you never meant it that way at all, just to make sure your poll numbers don't take a hit! Enough with the political games Governor! Stand for something or step aside!

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:03 pm

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

All this bickering between @governorichardson and @thespellman really shows how divided our nation really is. America doesn't need more separation we need co-operation #Bringamericatogether
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 pm

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

Are we not going to talk about the fact that Martin Spellman thinks immigrants are there for road-building, landscaping, and fruit picking? Then again, he is a Democrat...
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Are we not going to talk about the fact that Martin Spellman thinks immigrants are there for road-building, landscaping, and fruit picking? Then again, he is a Democrat...

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

I remember when the republican party stood for honor and integrity. Now it seems like our president and people like Mr. Prendergast, and Mr. Richardson are trying to disprove that statement

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:13 pm

Free Ward Marchers wrote:

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

All this bickering between @governorichardson and @thespellman really shows how divided our nation really is. America doesn't need more separation we need co-operation #Bringamericatogether

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican I have spent too long watching Democrats attack Republicans as racist, Ron Mitter took the high road when he was accused of wanting to put African Americans in chains. My ad was clearly about crime and MS-13 and Spellman more or less called me racist. Racist for wanting stronger measures to curb the single most violent gang in the country. How could I not defend myself against that? President Wolf was elected in part because he was a Republican who actually pushed back against these kind of baseless accusations.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:15 pm

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

I remember when the republican party stood for honor and integrity. Now it seems like our president and people like Mr. Prendergast, and Mr. Richardson are trying to disprove that statement

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican Defending ourselves against attacks on our honor and integrity is apparently the same as not having honor and integrity?

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:18 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican I have spent too long watching Democrats attack Republicans as racist, Ron Mitter took the high road when he was accused of wanting to put African Americans in chains. My ad was clearly about crime and MS-13 and Spellman more or less called me racist. Racist for wanting stronger measures to curb the single most violent gang in the country. How could I not defend myself against that? President Wolf was elected in part because he was a Republican who actually pushed back against these kind of baseless accusations.

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

If you call fear mongering a good tactic Mr. Richardson then mabey you aren't fit to be running for any political office much less the presidency

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican Defending ourselves against attacks on our honor and integrity is apparently the same as not having honor and integrity?

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

I was refering to your television ad
Last edited by Free Ward Marchers on Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 pm

@JPJ4USA

You know, I'm really not sure how I'm the one who's supposedly coming out as dishonorable in this debacle. I'm not the one who took a position of such elitism and privilege as to think that immigrants exist in our society to work as modern day navvies or to work plantation fields.

@JPJ4USA

Both Governor Richardson and I believe that immigration should be reduced to manageable levels. Martin Spellman wants them to do the dirty work that he thinks is beneath him.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:21 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

If you call fear mongering a good tactic Mr. Richardson then mabey you aren't fit to be running for any political office much less the presidency

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican how is saying "MS-13 is a massive danger to our communities committing unspeakable crimes and contributing to a massive rise in drug abuse and violent crime" fear mongering? It is 100% accurate.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:23 pm

Kathleen, while walking between her office and the House Chamber took out her phone and started writing out a text to Carrie.

To: Carrie Simone

Met with Anderson earlier today, he signed on as a co-sponsor for my Reapportionment Bill on the promise that Fort Leonard Wood gets enough funding to make sure it doesn't shut down, especially if we go through another round of BRAC

With that, she hit send.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:24 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

It is obviously clear that Mr Nate Richardson feels he is vulnerable from the right of the Republican Party, so to compensate for that he releases race-based fear-mongering television advertisements. It's in terrible, poor taste, but I think the Governor knows that.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican how is saying "MS-13 is a massive danger to our communities committing unspeakable crimes and contributing to a massive rise in drug abuse and violent crime" fear mongering? It is 100% accurate.

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

Your ad made it look like all immigrants are dangerous criminals, which is fear mongering

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:26 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Kathleen, while walking between her office and the House Chamber took out her phone and started writing out a text to Carrie.

Met with Anderson earlier today, he signed on as a co-sponsor for my Reapportionment Bill on the promise that Fort Leonard Wood gets enough funding to make sure it doesn't shut down, especially if we go through another round of BRAC

With that, she hit send.

TO: Kathleen Nez

That's wonderful. I can get the Speaker on board with promising to keep the base open and now there's more than enough cover for moderate Republicans to get on board with the bill. You're doing a fantastic job, Kathleen.
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:28 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRIchardson

@AntiWolfRepublican Please tell that to the families of the untold thousands they've killed, raped and terrorized. To the thousands of communities plagued by them, to the thousands and perhaps millions of people whose lives have been destroyed by drugs supplied by MS-13.
When they cry out for help, in desperation, tell them they are just fear mongering.

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:30 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

It is obviously clear that Mr Nate Richardson feels he is vulnerable from the right of the Republican Party, so to compensate for that he releases race-based fear-mongering television advertisements. It's in terrible, poor taste, but I think the Governor knows that.

(Image)

@AntiWolfRepublican liked the comment

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:30 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Kathleen, while walking between her office and the House Chamber took out her phone and started writing out a text to Carrie.

With that, she hit send.

That's wonderful. I can get the Speaker on board with promising to keep the base open and now there's more than enough cover for moderate Republicans to get on board with the bill. You're doing a fantastic job, Kathleen.

Thanks, and good to hear. I think I'll try getting one or two more Republicans to sign on and then I'll send it on it's way

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Dentali wrote:

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
No one called you a racist Governor, so stop pretending to be a victim. How about actually responding to the facts which are your ads vilifying immigrants?

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:31 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Meridith Brookley
@AntiWolfRepublican

Your ad made it look like all immigrants are dangerous criminals, which is fear mongering

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

@AntiWolfRepublican how did I do that? The ad didn't say "all" immigrants are dangerous criminals, the ad said people are crossing the border who are bad for the country, which is true. Your accusation is ridiculous on its face.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Dentali wrote:

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

Martin Spellman
@thespellman
No one called you a racist Governor, so stop pretending to be a victim. How about actually responding to the facts which are your ads vilifying immigrants?

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRIchardson

@thespellman You called me a racist, it was very clearly the implication. I have responded to quite literally every accusation you have made with facts. You have ignored my retorts and continued to try and demonize me. I am not the victim here. The people who suffer from crime coming across the southern border while you do nothing, they are the victim here.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:33 pm

Representative Caroline Simone
Text Message

TO: Malcolm Douglas

Nez has gotten Sen. Anderson on board with major reform package 4 House of Reps. Will give cover to other GOP mods like Merriam, and maybe win over Kost. Price was to maintain funding 4 Fort Leonard Wood in MO. That clear with you?
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:38 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:Representative Caroline Simone
Text Message

TO: Malcolm Douglas

Nez has gotten Sen. Anderson on board with major reform package 4 House of Reps. Will give cover to other GOP mods like Merriam, and maybe win over Kost. Price was to maintain funding 4 Fort Leonard Wood in MO. That clear with you?

TO: Simone

Send me the package

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Please send House of Reps reform package 2 Speaker. He wants to look it over. If we can get this over the line, great. Even if we don't, it sets the groundwork for my reapportionment bill to still get over the line.
Neoliberal

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:49 pm

For the many, not the few

Fair Deal for our Farmers

“Prosperous farmers mean more employment, more prosperity for the workers and the business men of every industrial area in the whole country." - Franklin D Roosevelt

Family farms have exited in the United States of America since our founding, and they have served the American people well. We would not have been able to get through the toughest stages in our history, such as World War Two, without the work done by our rural communities, like in Iowa and Minnesota. We still rely on their hard-work, but it is becoming increasingly hard for farmers to survive as the rules of the economy are rigged against them and big corporates are tacking advantage of our farmers. Something needs to be done and this is what the Fair Deal for our Farmers plan intends to solve.

What's happening to our rural communities?

Family farms are being squeezed out of existence. In the 1970s, the Republican Secretary of Agriculture under Nixon told farmers to "get big or get out", but not only a decade later, these farmers were burdened with debt after an overproduction crisis which saw many farmers lose their farms which had been in through many consecutive generations. In the 1990's, small and medium sized farms (usually family-run) constituted a half of the industry, but now, they constitute less than a quarter of the industry. This devastated rural communities as the flow-on effect killed local business and forced people to move out. Communities were left vacant and empty, those who remained were left in perilous economic conditions, and still are. Corporate agriculture, sometimes known as "agribusiness" replaced these family farmers and began vertical integration policies. Agribusiness is known for its' ruthless and cutthroat policies that devastate communities, but they remain free from punishment due to their stranglehold on Washington D.C. with countless lobbyists and corporate money.

What we're going to do about it

Unlike the politicians in Washington D.C., we're going to do something about the rise of agribusiness. Several measures that can be taken are using anti-trust laws to break up their monopolies. Support for family businesses are needed such as expanding subsidies, promoting fair trade deals that protect American farmers and agriculture. The expansion of health clinics in rural communities is needed and quickly, along with infrastructure investments. This is not only filling in roads with pot holes, it is about creating the roadways of the twenty-first century, to ensure product can reach their destination faster, but it also includes a strong internet and broadband services.

What we're going to do

• Break-up Agribusiness
    Anti-Trust Laws exist for a reason. America must use and enact the Anti-Trust Laws against big agribusiness and redistribute and restore the land to the ownership to small and medium family farms in rural communities. Bayer-Monsanto is an example of an agribusiness that will be broken down into smaller family businesses, as it currently possesses slightly short of an entire monopoly on the corn seed market. This will bring back jobs to rural America as many we re-populate these centers once again.
  • Ban vertical integration and agribusiness mergers
    An immediate moratorium must be placed on the continuing vertical integration of agribusiness, as well as an immediate moratorium on any further mergers among agribusiness. Rural American cannot afford these to occur any longer and a hard-line needs to be taken against the monopolization of agriculture in our country. Should the moratorium be overturned at any stage, there will be no mergers of previously redistributed agribusiness operations.
  • Expand funding for Grain Inspectors, Packers and Stockyards Administration
    Funding for the Grain Inspectors, Packers and Stockyards Administration must be increased to protect American Farmers. The Administration is responsible for protecting farmers by enforcing anti-trust laws, despite having its funding slashed by the Wolf Administration. All funding must be restored, additional funds must be given to the GIPSA and for the Administration to be given tangible legal powers.
  • Protect farming subsidies
    Farming subsidies must be protected and safeguarded, if not protected. Additional subsidies should be given to family farmers use sustainable practices and improvements to fighting climate change. This includes sustainable crops, power management and soil regeneration.
  • Right to Repairs
    Currently, many farmers do not have the right to repair their own equipment due to regulations imposed by farming related vehicular companies. This needs to be immediately overturned and all farmers must be guaranteed the right to repair their own vehicles on their own property.
  • Fair trade deals for Farmers
    We need fair trade deals across the board, in particular in relation to farmers. Poor trade deals for farmers must be renegotiated as they currently hurt small local farmers in favor of enriching massive corporations. That is because they prioritize overproduction that lowers the prices of food items that inevitably hurt local farmers here in the United States.
  • Fair prices for product
    Family farms are being squeezed by big corporates and grocery chains that pay very little to our small and medium farms for their goods. Pricing standards must be introduced to determine the lowest possible prices charged as to protect family farms from relying on low incomes to support themselves. This will ensure that they make a fair income for a fair sale, unlike now when many farmers are paid poorly for their own goods.
  • Improve rural infrastructure
    There is an immediate need to improve the infrastructure in rural areas across the nation. The model will not be based on outsourcing this work to the private sector, but it will be a direct cash investment from the Federal Government into upgrading and improving current roadways important to the travel of farming goods. This will also include massive investments into improving internet and broadband for rural communities, as reliable access to the internet is becoming a must in business and it should be a right.
  • Providing healthcare through Medicare for All
    Only a little above 40% of dairy farmers have private health insurance - a travesty, but will be solved by the implementation of a Medicare for All model. A Medicare for All model will provide universal healthcare to all people, as it is an expansion of the currently popular Medicare program that is already extended to our seniors. Through Medicare for All, additional clinics will be invested into in rural areas to provide more care to those who live further away from the metropolitan centers.
  • End all subsidies for agri-business
    Agribusiness is a very lucrative operation and does not need to receive the support of the tax-payer. All subsidies to agribusiness must be removed and replace it instead with subsidies for family farmers across the country who need it and deserve it more. The first targets that will have their subsidies removed will be agribusiness operating with corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.
  • Research into drought resistant crops
    Climate Change is threatening the livelihoods of farmers across this country, in particular with the rise of warmer temperatures. A direct investment must be made into further research into drought resistant crops for farmers to use should conditions become worst in much of the world, and in the much of the country.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse