NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath (OOC|Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:05 pm

No, i don't regret the Chuck Norris Joke. Yes, i probably should feel shame.
haiiiii anowaaaaaa you probably don't remember me.
Also if airpowered firearms are a thing, this implies air compression on the level making such a thing even worthwhile is possible. Doesn't this also mean i could have air-powered mortars and artillery?
Sure, made of PVC, or whatever else, and firing pipe bombs not 155mm howitzer shells, but if you can compress air enough to make a bullet travel at lethal velocity, scaling up is all thats left. And IEDS can be any size really. :P

okay im eating garlic bread now and then stopping being sleep deprived.

Nationstates Name:

Faction Name: Night Witch Battalion
Faction Type: Raiding Clan
Flag (Optional): If i could be assed to find a picture, it'd be a lightning bolt over the moon.
Governing Ideology: Meritocratic Dictatorship
Leader(s): Lairah Kerasis
Territorial Claims: Mariposa County, California
Population: 1,000
Armed Population: 500
500: Night Witches - Warrior Monks, more or less. Train for their whole lives, only basic skills outside things to do with murder and pillaging, have a particular 'God' they resonate with and brand marks of on themselves, and use a variety of weapons for a large variety of roles.

500 Day Walkers - Non-Combat support. Skills are mostly things not to do with murder or pillaging, but all members of the Night Witch Battalion go through "Basic Training" to defend themselves or to be subjected to a rapid intensive regiment in the event ranks need to be filled. In the event you find the NW camp and actually come across them, definitely less dangerous than a Night Witch, probably still worse than your typical shithead bandit with a blowpipe.
Technology Level: Mixed, Metal Age/Post-Collapse

History: Founded at the beginning of the end for Civilization, the Night Witches were created by ex-military who fled their posts when they still could, with their lives intact.Headed by Special Forces operatives of various branches and even nations, though primarily from the United States, the organization became a mixing pot of military specialties, with a quite literal constant gun pointed at their heads to do so.

Night Witches was not the original name, however. Originally, they operated as more of a modern knightly order, The Order of Lightning, often derogatorily refereed to as "TOOLS", given the acronym and their day job as muscle for hire. TOOL found early success in the role, serving under numerous legitimate governments, often simultaneously with all parties putting forward for a group protection fee to keep bandits at bay.

About 27 years after the collapse, TOOL gave up its mercenary roots, and joined one of the first fledgling new Empires in California, as an elite battalion tasked with outgunning and outsmarting the Empire's foes, by conventional or special operations as needed. The Order would perform in this role for the next 54 years, swaying battles and wars, and constantly doubling down on its professionalism as it boiled down its multiple military influences into an increasingly singular training regimen with it's own warrior ideology.

This ends the boring, run of the mill history of TOOL, and also of it's Empire. A three-year long war began between the Empire and multiple, now all hostile, neighbors, which would result in the destruction of this Northern Calfironian Empire, and the rebirth of TOOL into the Night Witches, starting the legends.

Exaggerated though parts of the kept NW history are, large portions are entirely factual. It is said in the fall of the Empire, TOOL got the nickname "Night Witches" by their enemies. As the war turned against them, TOOL switched to almost exclusively special operations missions, particularly in nighttime raids and ambushes, pushing their foes into the killbox with traps, deceptive information, feints, just blowing up random things somewhere, launching attacks on another unit nearish by, you get the idea.

In the final battle for the Empire's capital city, it is claimed that TOOL used the cities sewers connected with built tunnels outside the city to hold a full-scale guerrilla resistance, constantly attacking numerous locations at once, multiple times per day, from different directions, with different types of attacks, weapons and conditions, for 18 days straight. According to the few remaining sources on this battle, partway through TOOL officially re branded to the Night Witch Battalion, and of 882 members at the start, suffered a 91% casualty rate, with only 79 survivors. The source also claims a 40:1 kill rate in favor of the Night Witches, though, this is widely acknowledged as inflated for dramatic effect, with realistic estimates anywhere between 12 and 18 to 1, totaling from 10.7k casualties inflicted to 15.8k, including wounded among the dead.

The survivors fled in the night, and all traces disappeared for 8 years, when the Night Witches finally returned as an army of marauding raiders, with weapons, some new, some new versions of old designs they had, and still use today. Depending on who you ask, the highly mobile, secretive and stealthy raiders have numerous break-down facilities all over the west coast. Some claim they have running factories, and are secretly producing glimmer tech until they have enough to take over! Some say they're already ready and just smoke screening, and that multiple armies across the land exist, just waiting for the signal! Or maybe they have magic, like actual witches, or their gods are real and fighting among them in mortal form! They have giant airships which block out the sun and run on the air itself! They sprint at 70 mph with total silence, and can spot you in darkness 3 miles away! Some even fly! How else do you explain them always being the last one standing every time some "legitimate government" tries to kill them?

Rumors are aplenty for this roving army of elite soldiers, who now specialize in throwing their entire book of tricks and tactics from 2 centuries ago, covered in blood and mud, and all while its so dark you can't even see your hand infront of your face. The morale and willpower of communist guerrillas, survival instincts of Bear Grylls, and the unmitigated badassery of Jason Statham after a line of cocaine. They say Chuck Norris waits, not sleeps. They never tell you, what he's waiting for. Because only he has ever seen them to know they're coming...

Undetected, Unexpected, Flawless Vision, Stealth Perfected. When the Night Witches come, you'll wonder if, infact, it weren't all an act of god instead.

Culture: Full-blooded warrior monks, really. Founded and molded by military and special forces operators, the NW Raiders are, culturally, about what you'd expect if an elite special forces unit were tossed alone into the apocalypse for two centuries, forced to go mercenary and then full rogue. There is little to no indication of Glimmer or Pre-collapse age ideologies at all, with the group focused solely on survival and training. There are numerous 'god' like entities they worship, such as the moon, sky, lightning, fire, water, gaia, and 'essence'. Essence, a fancy way to combine a post-apocalyptic warrior-cult understanding of physics, biology and chemistry,
Religion though, is not required. Sexuality doesn't matter, your gender, or sex, do not matter. Race and ancestry, are also irrelevant here. Nobody cares. The goal is survival, the location is perpetually behind enemy lines. The only things which matter are if you can fight, or back those who can.
According to the surprisingly well-kept historical documents of the NW, even in their bastardized English, the stated operational objective is to use the power given to them by the moon to acquire, conquer and utilize Water, Fire, Lightning, Sky, and Essence, and to combine their use to revive and master Gaia. This isn't quite exactly what the original 200-year old statement said, it talked about rebuilding society in great detail. But, in a very broken sort of way, it reflects the same thing.
Theme: Sabaton is bae

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Kollin on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:43 pm

That faction's badass.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:18 pm

Why am I surrounded by raiders оДо

Hey wait if these commando raiders inhabit Mariposa now, should I retcon my Pathfinder unit visiting the friendly settlement?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:59 pm

Vacif wrote:Why am I surrounded by raiders оДо

Hey wait if these commando raiders inhabit Mariposa now, should I retcon my Pathfinder unit visiting the friendly settlement?

lmao

that's better than having snake-worshipping defectors to your north, like I do
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:40 pm

That depends entirely on if they told you or not.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:39 am

Time to put them aligned with the Sky Raiders.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:45 am

Hypercapital wrote:

lmao

that's better than having snake-worshipping defectors to your north, like I do

I disagree.

Anowa wrote:

That depends entirely on if they told you or not.

I've never met this man in my life. I assume this was just a coincidence. It's no big deal if he gets accepted.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:30 pm

Kollin wrote:No, i don't regret the Chuck Norris Joke. Yes, i probably should feel shame.
haiiiii anowaaaaaa you probably don't remember me.
Also if airpowered firearms are a thing, this implies air compression on the level making such a thing even worthwhile is possible. Doesn't this also mean i could have air-powered mortars and artillery?
Sure, made of PVC, or whatever else, and firing pipe bombs not 155mm howitzer shells, but if you can compress air enough to make a bullet travel at lethal velocity, scaling up is all thats left. And IEDS can be any size really.

I do remember.

But using a hand pump to fire a pointed shaft of wood or a pellet is a bit different than lobbing a fist sized cannonball.

Kollin wrote:
Nationstates Name:

Flag (Optional): If i could be assed to find a picture, it'd be a lightning bolt over the moon.
500: Night Witches - Warrior Monks, more or less. Train for their whole lives, only basic skills outside things to do with murder and pillaging, have a particular 'God' they resonate with and brand marks of on themselves, and use a variety of weapons for a large variety of roles.

500 Day Walkers - Non-Combat support. Skills are mostly things not to do with murder or pillaging, but all members of the Night Witch Battalion go through "Basic Training" to defend themselves or to be subjected to a rapid intensive regiment in the event ranks need to be filled. In the event you find the NW camp and actually come across them, definitely less dangerous than a Night Witch, probably still worse than your typical shithead bandit with a blowpipe.

History: Founded at the beginning of the end for Civilization, the Night Witches were created by ex-military who fled their posts when they still could, with their lives intact.Headed by Special Forces operatives of various branches and even nations, though primarily from the United States, the organization became a mixing pot of military specialties, with a quite literal constant gun pointed at their heads to do so.

Night Witches was not the original name, however. Originally, they operated as more of a modern knightly order, The Order of Lightning, often derogatorily refereed to as "TOOLS", given the acronym and their day job as muscle for hire. TOOL found early success in the role, serving under numerous legitimate governments, often simultaneously with all parties putting forward for a group protection fee to keep bandits at bay.

About 27 years after the collapse, TOOL gave up its mercenary roots, and joined one of the first fledgling new Empires in California, as an elite battalion tasked with outgunning and outsmarting the Empire's foes, by conventional or special operations as needed. The Order would perform in this role for the next 54 years, swaying battles and wars, and constantly doubling down on its professionalism as it boiled down its multiple military influences into an increasingly singular training regimen with it's own warrior ideology.

This ends the boring, run of the mill history of TOOL, and also of it's Empire. A three-year long war began between the Empire and multiple, now all hostile, neighbors, which would result in the destruction of this Northern Calfironian Empire, and the rebirth of TOOL into the Night Witches, starting the legends.

Exaggerated though parts of the kept NW history are, large portions are entirely factual. It is said in the fall of the Empire, TOOL got the nickname "Night Witches" by their enemies. As the war turned against them, TOOL switched to almost exclusively special operations missions, particularly in nighttime raids and ambushes, pushing their foes into the killbox with traps, deceptive information, feints, just blowing up random things somewhere, launching attacks on another unit nearish by, you get the idea.

In the final battle for the Empire's capital city, it is claimed that TOOL used the cities sewers connected with built tunnels outside the city to hold a full-scale guerrilla resistance, constantly attacking numerous locations at once, multiple times per day, from different directions, with different types of attacks, weapons and conditions, for 18 days straight. According to the few remaining sources on this battle, partway through TOOL officially re branded to the Night Witch Battalion, and of 882 members at the start, suffered a 91% casualty rate, with only 79 survivors. The source also claims a 40:1 kill rate in favor of the Night Witches, though, this is widely acknowledged as inflated for dramatic effect, with realistic estimates anywhere between 12 and 18 to 1, totaling from 10.7k casualties inflicted to 15.8k, including wounded among the dead.

The survivors fled in the night, and all traces disappeared for 8 years, when the Night Witches finally returned as an army of marauding raiders, with weapons, some new, some new versions of old designs they had, and still use today. Depending on who you ask, the highly mobile, secretive and stealthy raiders have numerous break-down facilities all over the west coast. Some claim they have running factories, and are secretly producing glimmer tech until they have enough to take over! Some say they're already ready and just smoke screening, and that multiple armies across the land exist, just waiting for the signal! Or maybe they have magic, like actual witches, or their gods are real and fighting among them in mortal form! They have giant airships which block out the sun and run on the air itself! They sprint at 70 mph with total silence, and can spot you in darkness 3 miles away! Some even fly! How else do you explain them always being the last one standing every time some "legitimate government" tries to kill them?

Rumors are aplenty for this roving army of elite soldiers, who now specialize in throwing their entire book of tricks and tactics from 2 centuries ago, covered in blood and mud, and all while its so dark you can't even see your hand infront of your face. The morale and willpower of communist guerrillas, survival instincts of Bear Grylls, and the unmitigated badassery of Jason Statham after a line of cocaine. They say Chuck Norris waits, not sleeps. They never tell you, what he's waiting for. Because only he has ever seen them to know they're coming...

Undetected, Unexpected, Flawless Vision, Stealth Perfected. When the Night Witches come, you'll wonder if, infact, it weren't all an act of god instead.

Culture: Full-blooded warrior monks, really. Founded and molded by military and special forces operators, the NW Raiders are, culturally, about what you'd expect if an elite special forces unit were tossed alone into the apocalypse for two centuries, forced to go mercenary and then full rogue. There is little to no indication of Glimmer or Pre-collapse age ideologies at all, with the group focused solely on survival and training. There are numerous 'god' like entities they worship, such as the moon, sky, lightning, fire, water, gaia, and 'essence'. Essence, a fancy way to combine a post-apocalyptic warrior-cult understanding of physics, biology and chemistry,
Religion though, is not required. Sexuality doesn't matter, your gender, or sex, do not matter. Race and ancestry, are also irrelevant here. Nobody cares. The goal is survival, the location is perpetually behind enemy lines. The only things which matter are if you can fight, or back those who can.
According to the surprisingly well-kept historical documents of the NW, even in their bastardized English, the stated operational objective is to use the power given to them by the moon to acquire, conquer and utilize Water, Fire, Lightning, Sky, and Essence, and to combine their use to revive and master Gaia. This isn't quite exactly what the original 200-year old statement said, it talked about rebuilding society in great detail. But, in a very broken sort of way, it reflects the same thing.

The main problem this app has is that it it's history would probably contradict the history of three already completed applications. In a completely related issue, it involves a now defunct Empire, which is a bit of a no-no.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:42 pm

I was thinking more an IED and not a cannonball, but yeah. Theoretically though, you could make a mortar like that, it'd just be very annoying and slow to fire, basically a plastic version of an 18th century mortar which was a short barrel cannon pointed up. It'd have shorter ranger and lower payload too.

Not really useful for me, shame. Might be good for cities and stuff for anti siege tho.

I didn't expect the long dead Empire part to be the issue. o.o
Am on first break at work now, will do chanegy thingys later. I guess I could just make.it a very vague history for a bunch of secretive murdering nutcases.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:57 pm

So I'm proposing this now. There's two trading companies and two raider clans near one another in Northern Cali. I propose a confederation of sorts to help rebuild the Sunshine state. No matter how loose it is, it can be the start to something more than digging at each other's throats.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:59 pm

Ralnis wrote:So I'm proposing this now. There's two trading companies and two raider clans near one another in Northern Cali. I propose a confederation of sorts to help rebuild the Sunshine state. No matter how loose it is, it can be the start to something more than digging at each other's throats.

As the OP

I'm recommending this.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:52 pm

everyone has been quiet for awhile and i'm lowkey waiting for quebecois nouveau or someone to post
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Hypercapital wrote:everyone has been quiet for awhile and i'm lowkey waiting for quebecois nouveau or someone to post

kinda got slowed down the by the massive influx. ill put a post up soon
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Vacif
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:51 pm

Same, been helping world build for another RP, post is almost done. A bit of my post is on stand by due to the fact that IDK if the Mariposa guy is going to get accepted or not.

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Why NS bullying me. Won't let me post app without SQL error, or quote people.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:25 pm

Nationstates Name:

Faction Name: Republic of Dixie
Faction Type:Survivor Enclave
Governing Ideology: Democratic Republic
Leader: President Tom O'Brian
Territorial Claims: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_County,_Georgia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowndes_County,_Georgia
Population: 1000
Armed Population: 200
Technology Level: Middle Ages/ Post-Collapse

History: The Republic of Dixie was founded by the Mayor of Hahira shortly after the world ended. The mayor sent men to search for Survivors in Adel and Valdosta, as well as make contact with the Airforce base. After finding the Country seat mostly abandoned the Mayor sent parties to the Stores of Valdosta to bring building material and supplies back to the city. A wall was built around the city made of Pine wood and other materials they could find. Soon enough the Surviving of Cook Country wanted to join the Lowndes Survivors and agreed to form the republic.
Culture: The People of Dixie are quite and keep to themselves. The Young men of the Republic are trained to defend their homeland and Families after High school is over. The Republic keeps the pre apocalypse culture alive but as time goes on the old ways are expected to disappear. President O'Brian keeps the Baptist beliefs of pre apocalypse Dixie but has started a new church the Fellowship of Kemp. The Fellowship of Carter Is a religion based on finding the Pre apocalypse Governor Jimmy Carter III and restoring him to Power over all of Dixie.
Last edited by Christian Confederation on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
Nationstates Name:

Faction Name: Republic of Dixie
Faction Type:Survivor Enclave
Governing Ideology: Democratic Republic
Leader: President John O'Brian
Territorial Claims: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cook_County,_Georgia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lowndes_County,_Georgia
Population: 1000
Armed Population: 200
Technology Level: Middle Ages/ Post-Collapse

History: The Republic of Dixie was founded by the Mayor of Hahira shortly after the world ended. The mayor sent men to search for Survivors in Adel and Valdosta, as well as make contact with the Airforce base. After finding the Country seat mostly abandoned the Mayor sent parties to the Stores of Valdosta to bring building material and supplies back to the city. A wall was built around the city made of Pine wood and other materials they could find. Soon enough the Surviving of Cook Country wanted to join the Lowndes Survivors and agreed to form the republic.
Culture: The People of Dixie are quite and keep to themselves. The Young men of the Republic are trained to defend their homeland and Families after High school is over. The Republic keeps the pre apocalypse culture alive but as time goes on the old ways are expected to disappear. President O'Brian keeps the Baptist beliefs of pre apocalypse Dixie but has started a new church the Fellowship of Kemp. The Fellowship of Carter Is a religion based on finding the Pre apocalypse Governor Jimmy Carter III and restoring him to Power over all of Dixie.

I WISH I WAS IN DIXIE
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:38 pm

Character Name:Tom O'Brian
Birthdate/Age: 30
Faction Alleigance: Dixie Republic
Physical Description: Image
Birthplace: Hahira
Biography: Tom O'Brian shares the name of all his Male ancestors back to pre apocalypse days. The First recorded Tom O'Brian was Mayor of Hahira and first President of Dixie. After his death his son Tom O'Brian took over (Tom's Great Great Grandfather). All the Way down to thr current Tom O'Brian who took power 5 years ago when his father Died at 55. Now Tom looks to Expand the Republic.
Equipment: Pre apocalypse Glock passed down from his Great Great Great grandfather the Founder of Dixie.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:54 pm

Orlando ran by Walt Disney's Frozen Head installed in a super computer lol

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:59 pm

I am personally just waiting for time to progress so i can interact with my neighbors

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:10 pm

Formerland wrote:I am personally just waiting for time to progress so i can interact with my neighbors

I know that feeling. If I can't get my first pick for whatever reason I'll just be Gatlinburg since it's my favorite city

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 pm

It's doomsday cult aum shinrikyo ripoff time. Tag.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Kollin
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:29 am

Does it work now? I don't understand why this is so finnicky
:o :o :o
It did work! Sorry for the telegram version Anowa idk what happened. I did email the admin earlier like the admin said, maybe that did it.
Nationstates Name:

History: Little of them is actually known outside their own ranks. After the centuries have gone by, no one could tell you where they came from, or where it began. It all varies based on who you ask. A legion of demons, or perhaps angels sent by god to cleanse humanity's sins. The aspect of human villainy itself, or even of its own rage against itself for all it hath become. Some describe it as the plague, taking up human form to continue its massacre.

Superhumans, gods, angels, demons, werewolves, vampires, cyborgs, aliens. Many a name has been given to them, for nobody knows which is actually true. Some believe them responsible for the collapse itself.

Two centuries ago, civilization collapsed. Almost as soon as it did, a band of military and special forces operators disappeared from their posts, unable to hold off the panicking public anyway. In the same breath, an unseen death stalked the land. The plague was your killer by day, but by night, it was the sudden chaos of the Witches attack. No warning, no sound, not even a motive, or a grudge. From the embrace of darkness itself, came their fury, seeking any target.

And beyond this, they exist as a mystery, a legend really. Books with the Night Witch insignia can be found across the west coast, though their intentionally bastardized English is difficult to read, even for the literate. Their existence only fuels the fear, if the Night Witches are human indeed, the surely, people assume, they've access to lost knowledge fueling their success. If only they could find what information lie in a book called "Tale of Cities", or that's the part they could translate anyway.

Last edited by Kollin on Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Christian Confederation
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:17 am

Spiritual Republic of Caryton wrote:It's doomsday cult aum shinrikyo ripoff time. Tag.

Well this is Awkward

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 am

Nationstates Name: Spiritual Republic of Caryton

Faction Name: Nebula Circle
Faction Type: "Survivor Enclave" but extremely aggressive due to its radical religious beliefs leading to terrorist attacks and propaganda work.
Flag (Optional): Flag
Governing Ideology: Theocracy under the cult and its prophet.
Leader(s): "Orion"
Territorial Claims: (These must be adjacent to one another.) Humboldt County
Armed Population: 200, does not include brainwashed civilians who die as martyrs in either home defense or terror attacks.
Cultist
Technology Level: Post-Collapse

History: A relatively new religious movement, Nebula Circle has a lot of drama for such youthfulness. Orion in his youth found an entire collection on rare pre-collapse books of Cosmology. Reading all of them prompted him to make conclusions on the worlds origins and the fate of the universe, and filled in the blanks in between science with his own prophecy. He had a moment of enlightenment, where he felt the true meaning of life was unlocked. Orion came to believe that he was a star, personified as a human. This lead him to ferment his own ideology and become a sort of guru to lost travelers. Rumors of him stretched from universal deity to second coming of christ to the new Buddha. He prefers his own cosmic titles though, despite being partial to titles like Guru and New Buddha. From acts of pure luck and coincidence to elaborate set-ups, he has his populace believe his abilities, and now even he believes his own abilities. From there, he manipulated a loose set of vaguely new-age and cosmological practices into a set belief.

His followers initially tried to settle in random settlements, but found themselves kicked out constantly. This led the founding members of Nebula Circle to inhabit their current claims. For 40-odd years, a single cult compound became a mega-network capital, and outlying settlement villages became fortresses and shrines. As Orion aged, his ideology stewed and matured, leaving room for a stronger cult with undying support for him. In modern day, they are still relatively unknown but that will change shortly.

Culture: Some basic tenants of the cult are that the multiverse is in layers and constantly expands into itself. Orion is a star and all souls will eventually become as dust in a nebula. The world has been destroyed and it is time for humanity to be one with the cosmic void. Certain wavelengths can be used to connect with different galaxies who are now personified. Everything is possible and everything contradicts itself, therefore mortal existence is irrelevant and flawed humans will be exiled while the members of the cult will become cosmic gurus as Orion. When one dies, they respawn on a different planet or universe until they reach true enlightenment and become stars. Mass suicide is seen as emergency departure for outer space.

This clears the way for a hierarchy based on planet types or varying brightness of stars. A hierarchy that incentives members to grow bigger and brighter as stars do and eventually explode and leave a beautiful mark, as a nebula. This typically symbolizes martyrdom in terror attacks on the "ground-bound" human settlements-- particularly those that strongly oppose Nebula Circle's doctrines.

Members dress in uniform, and have cultural practices like meditation, communal eating, a focus on horoscopes, balance, and enlightenment. Certain issues like women's and LGBT+ rights are strongly supported, but whether or not those are only in place to appeal to more targets is debatable. The cult's few books are regarded as sacred texts, and painted portraits of Orion are in every house, or displayed at every mass event. Radio stations broadcast propaganda to other settlements and "visits" are becoming more frequent.

Theme: Aum Shinrikyo and Heaven's Gate have a baby with a lot more cosmology and kool-aid.

Side-question: Since this is basically an aggressive terror cult with enclave mentality, does this make the relatively autocratic faith immune to the "Doomsday Prophet" event since nearly all members are indoctrinated and the only people under Orion to be his heirs are trusted apostles?
Last edited by Spiritual Republic of Caryton on Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse