NATION

PASSWORD

The Medieval South [OOC/Sign-Ups]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:36 am

Sarderia wrote:
Dentali wrote:Duke Longstreet has arrived at Biltmore, i'd like to get some conversations going and maybe get some alliances or agreements. Who is at the party and is anyone interested?

Do you want to bulid some projects, or is in need of funds?

georgia is booming economically, and is trying to industrialize so its a great investment oppertunity
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Alaroma
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:39 am

Dentali wrote:
Sarderia wrote:Do you want to bulid some projects, or is in need of funds?

georgia is booming economically, and is trying to industrialize so its a great investment oppertunity

I’d consider investing into your mines and certain types of infrastructure.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:13 am

Alaroma wrote:
Dentali wrote:

I’d consider investing into your mines and certain types of infrastructure.

im still learning who is playing who but feel free to approach Longstreet at the party

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:16 am

In how far are we allowed to involve historical persons in our RP?

I am thinking of appointing Frederick Douglas as US Marshal of Maryland in my upcoming post. Douglas was born in Maryland after all, and his past as a slave and career as an abolitionist activist and political agitator matches perfectly with Newton Knight's character. Plus, in reality Frederick Douglas actually did become a Marshal around this time, be it in the District of Columbia. So just a little tweak could make for a very interesting roleplay here.
Last edited by Dahyan on Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:43 am

Longstreet should meet up with Colt if he gets the chance.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:00 am

Union Princes wrote:Longstreet should meet up with Colt if he gets the chance.

if he is at the coronation id love to chat

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am

Eugène Thierry Broussard - (1832 - Present)

Account Name: Sarderia
Occupation: Mayor of Beaumont, President of West Tar & Kerosene Company, Planter
Motives: Maintain the City of Beaumont as the main entry port of goods from the South into texas, develop the steel industry in Beaumont, and protecting company interests against all odds.
Background:

Eugène Broussard emigrated from Marseille to New Orleans with his family in 1836. The Broussard family was a considerably wealthy and old family in Marseille that has their origins as tradesmen, but their influence and wealth has diminished over the ages - the French Revolution, wars under Napoleon, and the July Monarchy brought riots and instability to their city, and as aristocrats they were looked suspiciously by the general population. These are one of the factors that drove Jean-Baptiste Broussard, Eugène's father, to sell his estates in the French Riviera and bought two ships into America. At first, the Broussards settled at Havana, an important trading port, but they only stayed for a month before moving to New Orleans at the mainland. Jean-Baptiste bought a small, run-down plantation in Lafourche Parish, a center of sugar plantations. The Broussard family cleared most of the land, and refurbished the estate, with the help of thirty laborers and slaves. Jean-Baptiste started planting sugar, and expanded his plantation gradually, purchasing more land and clearing the Louisiana marshes. By 1840, they owned an extensive plantation, a sugar mill, and eighty slaves. In his early years Eugène was given education at the nearby church with the Jesuit fathers that estabilished a mission in Louisiana. He soon became involved in the plantation business - mainly acting as overseer and administration of the sugar mills.

Jean-Baptiste also invited his brothers and cousins still in Aquitaine to join them in Louisiana. He sent ships into Marseille and Bordeaux to pick up the Broussards who wanted to have properties of their own in America. By 1842, there are almost forty Broussards living in the sugar plantation - half the number of their slaves. Being a devout Catholic, Jean-Baptiste took a more lenient approach to slavery than other planters in the region. The slaves are given their own quarters, are well paid in garments and food supply, and basically worked as servants without labors. In 1843, Eugène married his cousin Louise in a simple ceremony. The Broussards are well known to marry each other, as is the common tradition in those times. They soon entered other branches of business, such as liquor, horse-breeding, tobacco, and cattle. To raise funds for the ever-growing plantation, Jean-Baptiste sent Eugène to Texas, in the hope that he might purchase additional land for the family business to expand. Eugène himself wished that he could buy a stake in the lucrative mining business that currently soared thanks to the independence of Texas. He met one such businessman, Issachar West, in the port city of Galveston. West himself wanted to try investing at a plantation to diversify his income from mines, so he funded him to buy several hundred acres of land near Beaumont, Texas for Eugène to bulid his own plantation. After constructing his mansion and clearing out the land, Eugène and his wife Louise moved to Beaumont in 1850.

They started the new plantation with cotton as the primary crop. Soon a dozen other Broussards moved to Beaumont to find jobs, because the sugar plantation in Louisiana was getting too crowded. When Jean-Baptiste died in 1852, Eugène inherited thirty of his slaves, but he soon freed them all as they were fairly old. About a dozen continued to stay at the Broussard plantation, working as indentured labor. Issachar West and his son Elias often visited the plantation, strengthening their friendship, and Eugène finally bought the remaining shares he owed Issachar in 1855. The presence of a French planter in Texas attracted newcomer French migrants from New Orleans, and his plantation was growing very fastly from 1850 to the Civil War. As nearby Beaumont experienced large growth as well, he bought several properties inside the city, including hotels and couch companies, and estabilished himself as a politician in Beaumont. However, the city was still fairly divided between Protestant English settlers and Catholic French planters. The issue soon became resolved when in 1861, Texas decided to join the Confederate States in proclaiming their independence from the USA.

Given his close ties with the Broussards of Louisiana, Eugène decided to join General P.G.T. Beauregard's force. At first, Issachar West considered to join his battalion, but Eugène reminded him that a majority French-speaking force might not suit him well, and that Beauregard's rival General Bragg was commanding another army in the Mississipi. Eugène brought a hundred men - mostly his cousins and Beaumont volunteers - to join General Beauregard's army in his Manassas Campaign. He was present when Beauregard's forces engaged Union General McDowell in the First Battle of Manassas which resulted in a Confederate victory. The "French Texans" as they were known, the battalion from Beaumont distinguished themselves for being one that captured Union guns at Henry House Hill and turned the tide of the hill's engagement. Later on, Eugène would boast to everyone that he's the one who saved Manassas, that he fought alongside infamous General Beauregard and Stonewall Jackson, though many found his stories only as amusing entertainment.

After the Civil War, Eugène returned to his plantation in Beaumont to live a quieter life as a businessman. His beloved wife, Louise, has died while he was away fighting, leaving behind their one-year old son Lèonard. He freed the remainder of his slaves, and divided shares of the plantation among his family. Eugène soon learned that his old friend Issachar West perished because of his wounds in battle, and his widow now runs the mining business. They soon estabilished a close cooperation that continued when Issachar's son Elias took over the mining empire. Eugène bought stocks of the West Kerosene & Tar Company, and Elias soon made him his confidant; appointing him to the position of President of his own company. After the Confederate States' leadership crumbled into a collection of dukedoms and kingdoms, Eugène supported Elias West's rule over the eastern regions of Texas, and crowned him the Viscount of Beaumont in the traditional Catholic manner - even though Elias is a Methodist Christian. To prevent unrest, Elias gave Eugène complete control over the city and Jefferson County as the elected Mayor of Beaumont. Because of this, he is extremely loyal to the Duke and the company, and no matter what transitions of power might happen in Texas' southeastern corner, he would be ready to stand guard.

Titles/Positions: Mayor of Beaumont, President of West Kerosene & Tar Company
Holdings: City of Beaumont (authority to rule given by the Duke), several mansions and hotels at Crockett Street, several large plantation in Jefferson and Orange County
Politics: Eugène Broussard is a common traditionalist planter from the South. He supported the gradual abolition of slavery, and generally preferred more libertarian economic approaches by the government. On top of that, he is also loyal to Viscount West - ruler of Beaumont - partially because he owes much of his fortune to him, both political and economic.
Faith: Catholic Church
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am

I am thinking of a three-party meeting between Colt, Longstreet, and Lee. It would be interesting for Colt to set up an arms factory in Virginia (the original was based in Connecticut after all, so Colt might want a closer estabilishment with the original property) and for Lee to sell some of his portions in the ETV&G (East Tennessee Virginia Georgia) railroad to Longstreet.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:21 am

Sarderia wrote:

I am thinking of a three-party meeting between Colt, Longstreet, and Lee. It would be interesting for Colt to set up an arms factory in Virginia (the original was based in Connecticut after all, so Colt might want a closer estabilishment with the original property) and for Lee to sell some of his portions in the ETV&G (East Tennessee Virginia Georgia) railroad to Longstreet.

Longstreet is interested. Make a post about starting the meeting and Longstreet will show up

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:58 am

Dentali wrote:
Sarderia wrote:I am thinking of a three-party meeting between Colt, Longstreet, and Lee. It would be interesting for Colt to set up an arms factory in Virginia (the original was based in Connecticut after all, so Colt might want a closer estabilishment with the original property) and for Lee to sell some of his portions in the ETV&G (East Tennessee Virginia Georgia) railroad to Longstreet.

Longstreet is interested. Make a post about starting the meeting and Longstreet will show up

How about some Georgia-Florida cooperation as well. I'm looking to turn Florida into the California of the Confederacy with Jacksonville being the equivalent of LA.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Dentali wrote:

No, he's in Galveston currently but I'm planning to have him be stationed in New Orleans next unless you want to meet up in Charleston, South Carolina where the Civil War began.

The United Empire of Exucular
Senator

Founded: May 28, 2013
Anarchy

Postby The United Empire of Exucular » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:55 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Dentali wrote:

No, he's in Galveston currently but I'm planning to have him be stationed in New Orleans next unless you want to meet up in Charleston, South Carolina where the Civil War began.

Come to Charleston so Bernard Kelsey can give you guys a tour of Fort Sumter lol.
CSS ALLIANCE MEMBER

Head of The Grand Inquisition of the Church of Google
The Where's Waldo of the Region of Atlas
General of Ugandan Outer Space
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.
Click for War History!
#IStandWithAtlas #UniteAtlasDiaspora

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Dahyan wrote:In how far are we allowed to involve historical persons in our RP?

I am thinking of appointing Frederick Douglas as US Marshal of Maryland in my upcoming post. Douglas was born in Maryland after all, and his past as a slave and career as an abolitionist activist and political agitator matches perfectly with Newton Knight's character. Plus, in reality Frederick Douglas actually did become a Marshal around this time, be it in the District of Columbia. So just a little tweak could make for a very interesting roleplay here.

Fine by me.

I should note again that secondary characters are automatically accepted, so feel free to start roleplaying with them.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Fannie Grace Jones[/size] - (1845 - Present)

Account Name: Alaroma
Motives: To be seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord, to find my son, and to do well by the Boykin family.
Background:
I was born onto a Plantation in East Texas, during the Republican era. I am under no illusions of the treacherous nature of this dastardly institution, that had kept me in bondage for my first 25 years. However, I had the fortune of being born into the property of a man kinder than most. Taking that a step further, I was provided a secret education by my master, to use me as a house slave. I cleaned, I cooked, I helped the lady of the house take care of grandchildren. I gave simple lessons, I helped teach manners, I cut hair. My masters were older in age.

I wasn’t free, but I wasn’t doing the back breaking labor on the Plantation’s fields either. Though even for them, there were rewards for hard work, and punishment was far tamer than what you might expect in other situations. But I must say, it wasn’t a perfect existence. I married at 17, and I had thought me and my husband, Luke, would make happiness out of our lives of servitude. We even had a bouncing little boy named Timothy. However, my husband was given for labor to aid the a Confederacy. He had the misfortune of being in an accident during the Arizona campaign, so he never came back to me.

Then things took a turn for the worse in the farms management. The war had taken a toll on the Plantation’s finances. The master’s son overrode his father, and took some “hard” decisions. One of those “decisions” was the selling of my boy...........I think I was inconsolable for months. I begged to be sold along with him, but there was two problems. For one, the buyers didn’t want a negro woman. For two, they didn’t want no body figuring out I was educated. Grieving through work was hard, for both the boys I loved. The fact I was allowed to grieve was a small kindness.

I was greeted with another kindness in 1870, when I was given my freedom. The kindly master of mine had passed away that year, and apparently in his will, I was set free, along with many older salves. His wife reckoned he still felt guilty over his son. I was feee, but I had a problem. Where did I go? My first instinct was to try finding my son, but I was warned off from that at first. I was toldI had to appeal to the Texas legislature for the right to stay in Texas. I asked what happened if I was denied. “You have to leave.” My old Mistress told my with a sad look. “And if I didn’t go to the legislature?” I asked. “They’ll make you someone else’s slave.” Was her reply,

So now I had to not only find my son, but I had to gain approval from the Legislature to stay in State. I contemplated finding my son, head to New Orleans. Heard they treated Negros better than most places there. I was given the appropriate documentation over my son’s selling, and some money to part with, before being sent my way. I walked to Austin, which I managed considering how close we were to the city. In the city, I happened upon the small local free black community. They were in the dozens, one of the highest concentrations of free blacks in Texas apparently. It showed too, they miserably from economic perspective, but I reckon they didn’t care. They were free after all.

When I appealed to the Texas legislature, I was denied residency. This shot fear through my like nothing else. What could I do? How would I find my son? But, I was lucky, lucky in only ways the lord could have made happen. That day, the King of Texas, Franklin Boykin, was in the legislature. He took special interest in my case, and after going over my records, he gave my a choice. If I was to become a paid servant of him, I would be able to stay in Texas. He would make sure of it. I’m not sure where his empathy came from, but I was told the man was of a different breed than most Texans. I asked if that meant I would be able to find my son, and the best he could offer me then was ‘maybe.’ Maybe was better than no, wasn’t it? And even then, if I did find my son, how would I pay for his release? I haven’t a clue. I hoped this was the Father giving me a way forward, so I accepted his offer.

I was 27 when I entered Franklin’s service, and I suppose you could say I refined my skills. All the meanwhile we looked for my son with no luck. In 1874, my new master, the King, had died. However I was blessed to find his son and children were just as kind. I was told by the son, Benjamin, to watch over his daughter in particular. I think it was a blessing in a way. The scriptures talk of how the lord would give you new sisters and brothers, sons and daughters. A new daughter she turned out to be. I’m sure many would view our relationship as odd, but Iris became a lady under me and Miss Crawford’s watch. In exchange for looking for his daughter, Boykin promised to find my son. I pray the day he does comes soon.

Titles/Positions: I’m a freedwoman, do I look like I have any titles?
Holdings: Nothing but my personal possessions.
Politics: I suppose I’ve been around Mister Boykin long enough to appreciate his opposition to slavery. Treats us like people. Same as his father. Of course in this world, he can’t say what he really means out loud. No, he has to do things slowly. Freedom for my family seems like a dream, but just maybe, he’ll make it happen. He says the Industrial Revolution will bring this about, and perhaps he’s right.
Faith: The Methodist Church
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:57 pm

If anyone cares to be a shitter enough and be her son, feel free.
-Nuverkikstan

Lux Pulchrae
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Lux Pulchrae » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:26 pm

Alaroma wrote:
Motives: To be seen as righteous in the eyes of the Lord, to find my son, and to do well by the Boykin family.
Background:
I was born onto a Plantation in East Texas, during the Republican era. I am under no illusions of the treacherous nature of this dastardly institution, that had kept me in bondage for my first 25 years. However, I had the fortune of being born into the property of a man kinder than most. Taking that a step further, I was provided a secret education by my master, to use me as a house slave. I cleaned, I cooked, I helped the lady of the house take care of grandchildren. I gave simple lessons, I helped teach manners, I cut hair. My masters were older in age.

I wasn’t free, but I wasn’t doing the back breaking labor on the Plantation’s fields either. Though even for them, there were rewards for hard work, and punishment was far tamer than what you might expect in other situations. But I must say, it wasn’t a perfect existence. I married at 17, and I had thought me and my husband, Luke, would make happiness out of our lives of servitude. We even had a bouncing little boy named Timothy. However, my husband was given for labor to aid the a Confederacy. He had the misfortune of being in an accident during the Arizona campaign, so he never came back to me.

Then things took a turn for the worse in the farms management. The war had taken a toll on the Plantation’s finances. The master’s son overrode his father, and took some “hard” decisions. One of those “decisions” was the selling of my boy...........I think I was inconsolable for months. I begged to be sold along with him, but there was two problems. For one, the buyers didn’t want a negro woman. For two, they didn’t want no body figuring out I was educated. Grieving through work was hard, for both the boys I loved. The fact I was allowed to grieve was a small kindness.

I was greeted with another kindness in 1870, when I was given my freedom. The kindly master of mine had passed away that year, and apparently in his will, I was set free, along with many older salves. His wife reckoned he still felt guilty over his son. I was feee, but I had a problem. Where did I go? My first instinct was to try finding my son, but I was warned off from that at first. I was toldI had to appeal to the Texas legislature for the right to stay in Texas. I asked what happened if I was denied. “You have to leave.” My old Mistress told my with a sad look. “And if I didn’t go to the legislature?” I asked. “They’ll make you someone else’s slave.” Was her reply,

So now I had to not only find my son, but I had to gain approval from the Legislature to stay in State. I contemplated finding my son, head to New Orleans. Heard they treated Negros better than most places there. I was given the appropriate documentation over my son’s selling, and some money to part with, before being sent my way. I walked to Austin, which I managed considering how close we were to the city. In the city, I happened upon the small local free black community. They were in the dozens, one of the highest concentrations of free blacks in Texas apparently. It showed too, they miserably from economic perspective, but I reckon they didn’t care. They were free after all.

When I appealed to the Texas legislature, I was denied residency. This shot fear through my like nothing else. What could I do? How would I find my son? But, I was lucky, lucky in only ways the lord could have made happen. That day, the King of Texas, Franklin Boykin, was in the legislature. He took special interest in my case, and after going over my records, he gave my a choice. If I was to become a paid servant of him, I would be able to stay in Texas. He would make sure of it. I’m not sure where his empathy came from, but I was told the man was of a different breed than most Texans. I asked if that meant I would be able to find my son, and the best he could offer me then was ‘maybe.’ Maybe was better than no, wasn’t it? And even then, if I did find my son, how would I pay for his release? I haven’t a clue. I hoped this was the Father giving me a way forward, so I accepted his offer.

I was 27 when I entered Franklin’s service, and I suppose you could say I refined my skills. All the meanwhile we looked for my son with no luck. In 1874, my new master, the King, had died. However I was blessed to find his son and children were just as kind. I was told by the son, Benjamin, to watch over his daughter in particular. I think it was a blessing in a way. The scriptures talk of how the lord would give you new sisters and brothers, sons and daughters. A new daughter she turned out to be. I’m sure many would view our relationship as odd, but Iris became a lady under me and Miss Crawford’s watch. In exchange for looking for his daughter, Boykin promised to find my son. I pray the day he does comes soon.

Politics: I suppose I’ve been around Mister Boykin long enough to appreciate his opposition to slavery. Treats us like people. Same as his father. Of course in this world, he can’t say what he really means out loud. No, he has to do things slowly. Freedom for my family seems like a dream, but just maybe, he’ll make it happen. He says the Industrial Revolution will bring this about, and perhaps he’s right.

Hmm, someone out in the west looking for their son. Seems like a fine job prospect for an occasional bounty hunter.

Is Nate Jones related to this woman or is it just same last name.
Last edited by Lux Pulchrae on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:09 pm

Lux Pulchrae wrote:
Alaroma wrote:
Background:

Hmm, someone out in the west looking for their son. Seems like a fine job prospect for an occasional bounty hunter.

Is Nate Jones related to this woman or is it just same last name.

A very crazy same last name. That said, they’re not related at all.
-Nuverkikstan

Alaroma
Senator

Postby Alaroma » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:00 pm

Let’s see here, innocent train operators were killed because.........of who owned the train? And the owners of the train were sent an ultimatum?

So let’s not be deceived, the perpetrators are criminals. Trains of the era carried heavily armed guards, so I can only hope they took some pricks with them. Either way, I doubt anyone is going to be particularly happy with innocent train operators being slaughtered over this dispute, even the citizens of Beaumont.
-Nuverkikstan

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:42 pm

Hey Sarderia, where's my money? You can't get the shipment if I can't get a confirmation the transaction went through.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:14 am

So, I would like yall's opinion. I am currently considering two different character ideas, and I would like to know which one you all would think best fit the current state of the RP.

1. A mercenary captain serving in West Texas and along the Indian territory, defending isolated homesteaders/business ventures from Comanche ( and other hostile tribe ) incursions, and who's main function in the RP is to act as a kind of private military force for any vying parties. A kind of Bobba Fett character

2. A pre-eminent agent of whatever police or interior agency exists currently in the South, and whose primary focus to ensure the suppression of the colored population and abolitionist uprisings. A kind of Hans Landauesqe character
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:19 am

Joohan wrote:So, I would like yall's opinion. I am currently considering two different character ideas, and I would like to know which one you all would think best fit the current state of the RP.

1. A mercenary captain serving in West Texas and along the Indian territory, defending isolated homesteaders/business ventures from Comanche ( and other hostile tribe ) incursions, and who's main function in the RP is to act as a kind of private military force for any vying parties. A kind of Bobba Fett character

2. A pre-eminent agent of whatever police or interior agency exists currently in the South, and whose primary focus to ensure the suppression of the colored population and abolitionist uprisings. A kind of Hans Landauesqe character

The Hans Landa thing could be cool, however I doubt any centralized agency exists. If you wanted you could ask a a noble if they want some sort of character like that in their lands and kinda of be a servant to them, doing their dirty work. Otherwise, you could run a completely different organization, thats like a private spy agency kinda like in the Kingsman, which could be interesting. Other than that the Indian Territories is largely devoid of characters, so if u do play as that guy, just be prepared to do a lot of posting without any contact from other characters save one of the Texan nobles from time to time or the Chieftain being played by SangMar.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:29 am

The Baton Rouge Free State wrote:
Joohan wrote:So, I would like yall's opinion. I am currently considering two different character ideas, and I would like to know which one you all would think best fit the current state of the RP.

The Hans Landa thing could be cool, however I doubt any centralized agency exists. If you wanted you could ask a a noble if they want some sort of character like that in their lands and kinda of be a servant to them, doing their dirty work. Otherwise, you could run a completely different organization, thats like a private spy agency kinda like in the Kingsman, which could be interesting. Other than that the Indian Territories is largely devoid of characters, so if u do play as that guy, just be prepared to do a lot of posting without any contact from other characters save one of the Texan nobles from time to time or the Chieftain being played by SangMar.

After a short bit of research, I found that the position of attorney general was not made into a full time job until shortly after the civil war ended, in 1867 - with the department of justice itself not being founded until 1870 under the Grant administration. Supposedly, a driving force behind their creation was in the persecution of the rise in Klan terrorism in the south following reconstruction.

I think that I will pursue the inspector route - using his position to be one which puts the formation of an interior agency to the forefront, one which serves the dual purpose of ensuring aristocratic and white supremacy across the Empire.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Sarderia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:34 am

Union Princes wrote:Hey Sarderia, where's my money? You can't get the shipment if I can't get a confirmation the transaction went through.

That is addressed now, I think.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:
Dahyan wrote:In how far are we allowed to involve historical persons in our RP?

Fine by me.

I should note again that secondary characters are automatically accepted, so feel free to start roleplaying with them.

So the children of Longstreet I can RP?

Dahyan
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dahyan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:08 am

Dentali wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:Fine by me.

So the children of Longstreet I can RP?

I do believe that people like the Boykin children don't have a separate application in the OOC either, if I'm not mistaken.
Your friendly neighbourhood Muslim Communist
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality

More about the Zaydi Islamic school of thought: https://imgur.com/a/I3Vy5RD
http://zaydiya.blogspot.com/2009/10/zai ... idism.html
News from the Yemeni revolutionary struggle against Saudi-led invasion: https://uprising.today/

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse