NATION

PASSWORD

Littering

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Dorsla
Political Columnist

Founded: May 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Littering

Postby Dorsla » Wed May 22, 2019 2:57 pm

We need to illegalize littering! The future of the planet depends on it! If we continue to litter, we will no longer have a place to call home. :mad:

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Wed May 22, 2019 11:23 pm

(OOC: Welcome to the General Assembly. Unfortunately, this isn’t really what the GA is about, and doesn’t look like what is typically expected here. This is more of a bumper sticker or a blog post title than a piece of international law. I strongly recommend having a look at some passed resolutions to receive inspiration. Looking at the rules could also be helpful.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Dorsla
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorsla » Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:59 pm

I was originally going to suggest a law to illegalize littering, but it was deleted.

Dorsla
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dorsla » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:08 pm

Our planet will soon perish if we are to do nothing to save it. It is imperative that we establish and manifest a law that mandates all citizens of race, class, or criminal history to but trash in the bins properly, and to use the recyclable items in a new way. Those who fail to abide by this law will be fined, and, if caught again, will serve two years in one of their nation's penitentiaries after forgoing a trial to find out if the law-breaching was intentional. Those who are imprisoned for this reason will be required to perform community service on Monday to Thursday every week. The majority of the service requirements are to pick up trash throughout their city of residence, invent products useful to the world out of the reusable materials, and help to install security cameras along the trash cans and recycling bins to ensure that this misdeed will not go unpunished.
If a former prisoner of litter is once again found littering, another trial will take place and, if found guilty, the citizen will serve four years in prison under the same conditions. If found littering again and being found guilty, the citizen's sentence will double again. This process will continue if the citizen is not to stop littering.
No sole individual is to use their money, status of class, past criminal activity, race, or politically involvement to defend themselves in court, and the evidence will be analyzed by engineer software. This will ensure that everyone has an equal chance of being found innocent or guilty in court. Whether or not the convict is allowed parole will be determined by the extent of their crime.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:40 pm

Littering is hardly an international issue.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:49 pm

Dorsla wrote:the evidence will be analyzed by engineer software

And how are you going to use Autodesk SketchUp to determine how somebody's littered?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Sun Apr 19, 2020 3:50 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Dorsla wrote:the evidence will be analyzed by engineer software

And how are you going to use Autodesk SketchUp to determine how somebody's littered?

Draw someone littering
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:43 am

Dorsla wrote:Our planet will soon perish

OOC: I'm sorry, but I couldn't get further than this before bursting out laughing. Even in RL the Planet Earth will be fine, whatever we little fleas on its surface do or don't do. Human species cannot destroy the planet. We can disturb the ecosystem, but we can't kill all life from its surface. We probably can't even kill most life from its surface, though we can fairly easily make it very difficult for our own species to continue surviving on it with the level of civilization we currently have.

However, littering is the least of the ecosystem's worries (and yes, yes, I know of the Pacific Trash Vortex and microplastic problems worldwide, I'm still standing behind this claim and can back it up with links if necessary) and something that is absolutely best tackled on a very local level, at most on national one.

Also, "our planet" is either RL reference (a rules violation) or a RP reference (in which case most WA peeps are going to go "well that's your problem, deal with it on your own planet first".
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:52 am

Grays Harbor wrote:Littering is hardly an international issue.

Are you sure? Can you imagine squads of gnomes out running around handing out tickets for littering? The WA could make a fortune in fine revenue. :p
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Kyundao
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kyundao » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:09 am

Wayneactia wrote:Are you sure? Can you imagine squads of gnomes out running around handing out tickets for littering? The WA could make a fortune in fine revenue. :p

IC (wow, this is the first): Our government is already making good money off of fining people for littering.

Sail Nation
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sail Nation » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:55 am

Please look at the rules of WA and GA proposals first before writing a draft. Most importantly, all proposals must be written as laws, and the real world must not be mentioned.
Former WA delegate, MP and Prime Minister in Lorania
MP in Thaecia (as Prussian Sail Nation)
Travelling nationstates (as Sail Nation Travellers), reviewing regions as I go

I'm a Christian and a Liberal. I won't enforce my beliefs on you, so please don't enforce yours on me.

Pro: Leaving things in my sig that I don't like anymore
Anti: Use of pros and antis in sigs

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:19 am

Wayneactia wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:Littering is hardly an international issue.

Are you sure? Can you imagine squads of gnomes out running around handing out tickets for littering? The WA could make a fortune in fine revenue. :p

Well, there is that ...

Think we could use the fines to pay off the senior ambassadors bar tabs?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Heliosbrine
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Heliosbrine » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:29 am

we should make it illagl to litter

The New Sicilian State
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sicilian State » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:39 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Well, there is that ...

Think we could use the fines to pay off the senior ambassadors bar tabs?

I do believe most of the fines would be paying towards international subscriptions for Autodesk SketchUp. It's a purely non-profit effort.
From the office of: John Crawford
Ambassador of Foreign Affairs
Office: the floor between the copier and the water fountain
Palermo Parliamentary Building
Ideological Bullshark # -26

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly