NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:13 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:
To: Governor Max Smith

Then it’s settled. Maybe you could end up with my support in ‘24 or ‘28 if we put the right pieces in place now. I’m willing to discuss things in a meeting any time.

To: Rep. Diane Paulson

We are at literal opposite ends of the country (we do have similar views however) so where would be the best location?

I’ll be in Nevada next week. Maybe that works better? I can take an afternoon trip down into Arizona to meet you where you’re at.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:18 am

Tim Westra 2020
Sioux City, Iowa
May 18th, 2020

Tim flew into Sioux City from Henderson in the morning, back in the Hawkeye State for a three day tour of a few Iowa towns and cities. The first day was going to be purely retail, knocking on doors with volunteers, speaking to locals, and listening to voters. He was still polling second in Iowa, and didn't want to lose that position. He was going to be fairly non-controversial in terms of campaign style, and was planning on sticking to the issues.

The biggest item that he was emphasizing in this tour was his universal cash dividend program from the establishment of an American sovereign wealth fund. Free cash is a fairly basic concept to explain; how to pay for it, not so much. Tim's plan was different than the standard basic income guarantee because it was based on shared ownership of capital. The American Social Fund would be used to buy up company stock, providing returns to citizens in the form of an unconditional cash transfer.

Sioux City was a large city, so Tim stuck to a certain busy section of town, with diners and houses. He walked into the various community spots, such as the diners, and shook hands with voters, stopping to take selfies and explain his platform. He also continued his regular Iowa strategy of emphasizing his agriculture policy to raise farm prices, and did not fail to point out that none of the other candidates had even released an ag policy.

Other points he hit was housing; he expounded on his universal dividend plan, saying that in Alaska many residents used their guaranteed income to save up for an apartment or pay rent. He also talked about his housing plan, which would fix the problem of inaccessible housing vouchers by establishing a Renter's Tax Credit for anyone paying more than 35% of their income on rent - disproportionately the poor and those who are likely to be evicted. He would also push to fill the housing shortage by building millions of new units.

He toured the diners, spoke to voters who opened their doorstep to him. He had selected a more Democrat-leaning part of the city, so residents were receptive to him and his volunteers. He was trying to develop a more personable style, since retail had never been his thing but was very important in Iowa.

Tim Westra 2020
Sergeant Bluff, Iowa
May 18th, 2020

After a few hours of meeting with voters, Tim hopped on his campaign bus for the 15 minute drive into the neighboring town of Sergeant Bluff. The downstream side of the city was pretty industrial, something that Tim was more used to.

He toured the local soybean processor plant, speaking with workers and live-streaming his tour on his Instagram page. He spoke about his plans for more unionization, answering the employees' questions and emphasizing his background in industrial America, coming from a town in New Jersey that centered around a textile manufacturing plant. His time in Congress also represented an industrial district in New Jersey - which had counties that swung to Wolf in 2016. He talked up these credentials with the workers, who generally made up his base and he was comfortable conversing with them.

Tim left the plant after an hour to knock on doors; again, his universal dividend plan was a chief selling point to differentiate himself from opponents and fellow progressives. Iowa voters were happy to speak with door-knockers, and took the time to listen to his pitch. He hoped to impress upon the very informed populace by pointing out that he was the candidate with the most expansive policy agenda in the race.

In the evening he held a meet-and-greet at a local community center, doing a quick presser beforehand. After speaking to the journalists he met with the attendees, who he joked around with. Most of the people in attendance were curious voters who were undecided, and he wanted to capture them by being unique. Candidates that were unique usually caught the eyes of undecided voters earlier on, and the lack of a "conventional choice" in this race made Iowa ripe for Tim's capturing.
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:23 am

Velahor wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:

We are at literal opposite ends of the country (we do have similar views however) so where would be the best location?

I’ll be in Nevada next week. Maybe that works better? I can take an afternoon trip down into Arizona to meet you where you’re at.

Oh, I'm a westerner, I'm used to travelling long distances, I can be in Vegas by then, no problemo.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:04 am

Alozia wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:Eliza LeBlanc Wolf
Washington, DC
May 15, 2019

Eliza liked to walk around in flats, she was already tall, there was no hiding it, she's been tall since she was a kid and she will continue being tall when her soul drops out of her body. Of course, when it came to Washington, who can say no to the opportunity of literally looking down on some of the most powerful people in the world from time to time? But for this meeting, well, she wanted to keep it more on an equal footing, deciding to wear the 2-inch heels instead of anything else. With that she walked out of the East Wing and into the motorcade.

Once she arrived at the Naval Observatory, she knocked on the door and waited for someone to come and open up.

Greeting the First Lady was the Vice President himself. Still dressed formally he was just two inches taller than his guest. Richard was glad Eliza wasn't wearing high heels, otherwise he would have to look up while speaking to her.

"Eliza, nice to have you here, please come on in!" Tawney welcomed the First Lady to the Naval Observatory before guiding her to his office. The two exchanged cordial comments on their way there.

"How have you been doing these past few months?" Richard asked as the two sat down on a couch.

"It's been an adjustment, to say the least. I'm, surviving, like the rest of the family it's the best we can do. What about you?"

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:21 am

Michelle Dalton for Kentucky
Boone County, Kentucky
May 15th- May 17th, 2019

Francisville, Boone County
Wednesday May 15th, 2019

Boone County was Michelle’s key to victory, the suburbs that had been growing on the Ohio border and overwhelmingly rejecting the Republican administration of the state. At this point she was confident in winning the primary and had begun shifting to the general election. With luck this would include help from the Presidential candidates, Dayton, Little and Velez to start. But she had to focus on the issue in front of her.

In Francisville she began by visiting the Amazon Regional Fulfillment Center in World Park. It was a powerhouse in the state, one of only 15 centers in the world. Dalton did a full tour of the facility and spoke with workers. She promised to keep taxes low and support businesses like Amazon that employed so many and were the “lifeblood of the new Kentucky”.

The majority of the day beyond that was visiting businesses and then residential areas speaking one on one with people in the suburbs and making her case. She held small Q&As in people’s living rooms and used her celebrity to get a stir going on social media. She spoke about her faith, her values, and her commitment to making Kentucky better.

Burlington, Boone County
Thursday May 16th, 2019

The morning was spent at the Creation Museum which she had visited multiple times. Her faith was deep and sincere and while she did not believe in a literal creationist explanation of the universe she still deeply admired the organization. She had a mild photo op at the Museum but mostly acted as a faithful tourist, her celebrity did the rest. She acted humbly and differential but inevitably she was recognized and dozens wanted to speak with her and get pictures which would inevitably appear on social media.

From there she visited Camp Ernst Lake and the Boone County Cliffs Nature Preserve. She held small events at both, speaking about the importance of preserving the state’s natural beauty and ensuring a proper balance with powering the economy.

In the afternoon she attended a local BBQ competition, she arrived in jeans and was dress well but informally. She got her hands dirty and ate BBQ with the people there, showing she was a heck of a lot more approachable and normal than her celebrity status might suggest. She and her husband enjoyed country music at the events, was fun and enthusiastic, and was well photographed during the entire affair.

In the evening she held an event at the Burlington Public Library giving a short version of her stump speech and then a Q&A/ Townhall. She wasn’t great at thinking on her feet but was excellent at delivering answers, to that end her and her team had practiced dozens of pre prepared answers that she would deliver from memory, it gave her remarkable message discipline which served her well.

Florence, Boone County
Friday May 17th, 2019

To wrap up her 3 day run of Boone County campaigning she held a large rally in Florence after a day of retail politics.

“Good Morning and God Bless!!!” Dalton said approaching the podium dressed professionally and appropriately “Before we start my friend Pastor Eric Gibson is going to lead us in prayer”

Dalton bowed her head quietly and stepped away from the podium as Eric gave a brief prayer for everyone in attendance, the state and the country. This was only partly a political calculation, Dalton had been devoutly religious and very public about it since her stint in rehab. After the Prayer she started up again.

“My friends, we are gathered here today to stand for decency, to stand for Kentucky Values of Faith, Hard Work, and Belief in a Better Future. We stand here today to say our conversations should not be about right versus left, but right versus wrong. We stand here today to say no more of the incompetent governorship of (Not Bevin), and I am proud to stand among you as a proud citizen of Kentucky ready to fight!”

“We cannot afford 4 more years of this Governor, a man who slashes pensions, attacks our teachers, takes away healthcare and ignores the real kitchen table issues that affect everyday Kentuckians. We have seen again and again (Not Bevin) make millions in cuts to our colleges, resort to name calling when our teachers asked for a pay increase, break our pension promises, and ignore the opioid crisis killing dozens people in our state every day and thousands. (Not Bevin) has attacked Medicaid which provides affordable healthcare to half a million Kentuckians, trying to roll back Medicare but failing because people like you MADE A STAND!”

“All of this, all of the problems from this administration come from one root cause… a lack of empathy. (Not Bevin) and politicians like him do not see you, do not hear you, do not understand what it’s like to struggle to get by.”

“My name is Michelle Dalton, my father abandoned me and my mom before I was born. My mother struggled working multiple jobs to make ends meet, I grew up in a trailer park or in the home of friends who took pity on us. Eventually we got out, but not without scars, ones I still have today. I struggled with many demons, like the addiction to drugs that grips too many in our state today. I know what its like to be lost, lonely, and left behind. I got help, I found faith, and I overcame it with the help of family, friends and God. But I will ALWAYS bear those scars, I will ALWAYS remember and I will ALWAYS hear you because of that. And I will always know just how lucky, how blessed, I was to escape poverty.”

“(Not Bevin) has been more concerned with attacking unions than improving the lives of our workers. Last year he cut workers comp, the only protection those injured on the job have… but that wasn’t enough, he created more barriers and bureaucratic hurdles to keep workers from getting the compensation they not only deserve but desperately need to put food on the table for their families. Last year he tried to repeal the Kentucky Performance Bond, that protects blue collar workers from bankruptcy. His job number one has been hurting working people, as governor my number one job will be improving their lives.”

“He made a 40% cut in unemployment benefits, which helps our people in times of hardship, that got so many families through the recession. Everywhere you look, cuts to the vital services and benefits the people of the state rely on. What do we get in return? No great savings or lower taxes, heck the state tax exemption was lowered by $10,000 and our retirees had their bill go up by $500 a year. That’s not a tax break.”

“(Not Bevin) repealed the prevailing wage, lowered blue collar pay and reduced the standard of living for thousands in our state. Every day we see the results in a skilled trades shortage that effects our government, schools, and businesses, thats what happens when you lower wages, remove, benefits and safety protections, people leave and people suffer. Too many in the state have been left behind, so its time to take a stand.”

“(Not Bevin) doesn’t understand the Pensions are Promises, our pensions system is $43 billion in debt, and in the past for years (Not Bevin)has only allowed it to get worse, he has continued to double down on the anti-blue collar policies that aren’t giving us a chance to succeed. Anyone who works hard their wholes lives deserves to be able to retire with the dignity promised to them.”

“When our teachers made a stand to protest some of the lowest pay in the country (Not Bevin) resorted to name calling, to attacking the people who educate our children instead of attacking the problem. As Governor my number 1 priority will be education. Quality education, invested and motivated teachers can put our children AND our economy on the right path. Not committing to education,continuing to have among the lowest teacher pay in the country, not investing in children, puts our state on a downward slope. We need to commit to creating a world class education and a guaranteed retirement for teachers.”

“In this election you can choose to vote for (Not Bevin) and four more years of declining coal country, (Not Bevin) and 4 more years of failing rural healthcare, (Not Bevin) and four more years of underperforming schools, (Not Bevin) and 4 more year of slashing pensions. Or you can vote FOR THE PEOPLE OF KENTUCKY! (Not Bevin) has attacked minorities, immigrants, refugees, teachers, blue collar workers, and if you do not speak up at the voting booth, I promise he will not speak up for you. So when it comes to election day, don’t vote left or right, vote for the people of Kentucky.”

“But I don’t just want to focus on (Not Bevin), I want to talk about where our state needs to go instead. On day one of office as Governor I will issue 3 executive orders; the first to increase transparency in Government because the doors of the Capital should ALWAYS be open, the second to restore voting rights to those who have finished serving their time for non-violent felonies, over 100,000 people, and the thirdly to protect Medicaid from the attempts to slash it by rescinding the Medicaid waiver.”

“I support protecting and fulfilling our pension obligations. A Pension is a promise, and leaving it $43 billion in debt is just plain wrong. That’s why I support the expansion of gaming and the legalization of Medical Marijuana in our state. The revenue gained from taxes on Medical Marijuana and gaming will go into a lock box that will exclusively fund our pension system.”

“I support a pay raise for teachers, $2,000 a year across the board… but that’s not enough we need a brand new board of education, reform from the top down to attract the best and brightest educators to the state, create better facilities for learning and engage parents to support the education of their children. Education is my number one priority, because I have kids too and I know the single best path for success in life is through a good education. It’s an old cliche but education truly is the silver bullet which lets us tackle all the other problems in society.”

“That is how we ensure good jobs in every community, education and forward thinking policies… Its not enough to protect the jobs we already have, we need to get ready for the jobs of the future. We have seen manufacturing jobs under (Not Bevin) disappear while they strengthen across the country. We need more advanced manufacturing jobs and to invest in areas like Agritech and Clean Coal which we can become the national leaders in. We do this through workforce training, targeted towards the most in demand skills. We must invest in PEOPLE not in the big businesses and corporate interests (Not Bevin) is beholden to.”

“Healthcare is a Human Right. After we rescind the Medicaid request of (Not Bevin) we must move forward by first lowering the cost of prescription drugs. We must cap the cost of prescriptions and increase competition in the field to lower costs across the board. We will protect those with Pre-Existing Conditions! And ensure everyone has access to the care they need!”

“A scourge that affects too many in our state is the Opioid crisis. I am incredibly proud of the work our Attorney General has done in going after the companies responsible for addicting millions in the country. As Governor not only will he have my full support but I will double the investment in treating those addicting and making efforts to ensure this never happens again. We are going to open another 10 treatment centers across the state just to start!”

“This year you have a decision to make, not right versus left but right versus wrong. A decision to stand by Kentucky values of Faith, Hard Work, and a Belief in a Better Future, those so vital to our success. A decision about respect and dignity, about promises and the kind of opportunity you want for your children, about the right to retire and have a job to take pride in. What kind of Commonwealth do you want to be? What kind of history do you want to make? A Commonwealth that leads the country, or lags behind?”

“Our Commonwealth is more than just a spot on the map, it is an idea, it is a promise, to work for the common good of all people. We must work to teach our children to treasury the values we profess in words and actions, and as your Governor I hope to lead by example. Thank you and God Bless the Commonwealth of Kentucky.”
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:35 am

Agarntrop wrote:
Velahor wrote:

Oh, I'm a westerner, I'm used to travelling long distances, I can be in Vegas by then, no problemo.

[/quote]

That sounds great. My campaign will coordinate the details with your staff. I’ll see you then.
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:48 am

Velahor wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:

That sounds great. My campaign will coordinate the details with your staff. I’ll see you then.
[/quote]

Great!
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:06 pm

TO: [Senator James Moore], [Senator Jillian Dayton]

Dear Senators,

With Representative Atang's vaccination bill and my tech regulation bill having passed the House, these bills will need champions in the Senate to help guide their passage. The two of you are operators in that House of Congress that I believe I can trust with that responsibility. If it's possible for one or both of you to handle that for me, I would be profoundly grateful.

Yours,

Caroline Simone
U.S. Representative for the 12th District of the State of New York
Chair of the House Democratic Caucus
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
TO: [Senator James Moore], [Senator Jillian Dayton]

Dear Senators,

With Representative Atang's vaccination bill and my tech regulation bill having passed the House, these bills will need champions in the Senate to help guide their passage. The two of you are operators in that House of Congress that I believe I can trust with that responsibility. If it's possible for one or both of you to handle that for me, I would be profoundly grateful.

Yours,

Caroline Simone
U.S. Representative for the 12th District of the State of New York
Chair of the House Democratic Caucus

TO: Caroline Simone

I am happy to take point on the tech bill, but next time ask me to co-sponsor.
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:17 pm

Dentali wrote:
TO: Caroline Simone

I am happy to take point on the tech bill, but next time ask me to co-sponsor.

TO: [Senator James Moore]

Dear Senator,

I apologize for missing you as a co-sponsor for the IDEA Act, I was likely handling a lot of traffic at the time it was being formed and submitted. Thank you for agreeing to take point on this bill. If there's anything I can do for you in return, do ask.

Yours,

Caroline
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:42 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Regardless of how I'll run if I do run, it would be the third time I've run for Congress, and sure the '90s and '00s were a different time, but I'm not planning on taking any risks I don't need to take." She paused, enjoying the mid-May air, "What about the rest of us, if you end up President what do you see Arnie and Lily doing?"

"Well, Arnold has expertise in the pharmaceutical industry, so I'd be considering him for Health and Human Services. As for Lilyana, well, she's doing a good job already at the R.N.C. so as much as the President wanted me to consider her for Commerce Secretary, I've honestly got my eyes a bit higher for her. I think she'd make a very good White House Chief of Staff. She'd be the first woman in that role too." He nodded softly. "I would like to earn your support in turn, Eliza. What can I do to convince you that I'd be your best choice?"
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:19 pm

CNN Interview
05/16/2019
Governor Jonah Prendergast

Allen: Good Evening, on the latest installment of our Meet the Candidates segment we speak with Republican Governor of West Virginia, Jonah Prendergast. Governor thank you for joining us.

Prendergast: It's a pleasure to be here, thank you for having me on.

Allen: So Governor you’ve been in the race awhile now, a few polls have come out, candidates have entered and left the race… How are you feeling about your chances?

Prendergast: I'm feeling very positive about my chances. My general trajectory in the polls has been upward, and I think those expressing doubts about the ability of my campaign to convince voters have been shown their premature 'takes' have been, well, premature. I'm very confident in my ability to continue to build and expand a broad, Republican coalition to win the primary, and then build an even broader coalition to guard our Greater America from the perils and risks of another Democratic administration.

Allen: I want to talk to you a bit more about your campaign but first i’d like to talk to you about a recent AP report… Governor Richardson’s wife Amanda Richardson had a closed door meeting with the National Federation of Republican Women. According to someone the AP described as a ‘top Republican official’, Amanda Richardson apparent brought up allegations of sexual harassment against yourself and Arnold Wolf Jr. and say you quote “lacked strong female figures in your lives.”

As of yet we have no account of this incident other than from this anonymous official, and we cannot confirm the story. But do you have anything you would like to say about it?

Prendergast: Governor Richardson has presented himself as an honorable man to the party and to the country. We set aside stark differences because we wanted to ensure that any sort of division that could threaten the party would not harm our electoral prospects in Texas. The good of the country demands that we put divisiveness behind us.

If the A.P. report is confirmed, and it is apparent that the First Lady of North Carolina said these things, it is profoundly upsetting. It would represent a profound new low in our politics, and one that sickens me to my stomach. Not just on my behalf, but for Arnold Junior, who is a warm and decent individual. Not to mention the strain this would invariably place on the President, who surely does not need any further frustrations or stresses.

I hope that this is just hearsay. I don't want this terrible, terrible story to be true. If it is, I'm not sure where this leaves the floor of decency in our political discourse in America in 2019.

Allen: Very well… you seem to have been getting on with Governor Richardson a bit better recently, you did a joint endorsement with him in the Texas Senate race. Why endorse Karen Brookshire?

Prendergast: It's a simple choice, really. Of the Republican field, I think that Karen Brookshire represents the most capable candidate, combining both qualities which are good in a candidate - fire and drive, good speaking ability, genuineness and honesty - and qualities which are good in a Senator - rigorousness, intelligence and common sense. Her ability in business is honestly fearsome, and I can only imagine what she could have done with a business like mine if she had worked her magic. I missed a trick not hiring someone like her for Triple C. We need more people like Karen Brookshire to bring expertise in the world of business and budgeting to Congress, real world, practical experience.

What broke my heart in Texas was the decency, courage and strength she showed in the wake of vicious and horrible attacks on her personally. I was very moved by her words, and I think - if anything - she has waded through hellfire so far in this campaign to an extent that no other candidate has so far.

I also think it's good to promote women in the Republican Party. We are the Party that delivered the 19th Amendment. We are the Party that admires the talents of women. We want to see women succeed on their own merits, and provide more opportunities for them to do so. Karen Brookshire is a classic case of a woman who has succeeded on her own merits, and I take pride in her as an exemplar of the American Dream.

Allen: That’s high praise… In a general sense every election cycle we get the question ‘is this the year Texas turns blue’, how close do you think we are to that as a reality?

Prendergast: I believe the people of Texas will make the choice that best serves the interests of the great state of Texas. I believe that choice will be Karen Brookshire. I do believe things have been getting closer, 2018 was a profound wake-up call for all Republicans, and I think we should not and should never be taking Texas - or any state for that matter - for granted. We need to make the case for our policies humbly to the people, rather than presume their support for anything.

It is for this reason why I espouse granting greater flexibility to our state Republican parties, such that they can adapt to changing state-by-state priorities.

Allen: How do you make the case for the Republican party to hispanic communities in states like Texas? Who by and large feel attacked by the party?

Prendergast: Ronald Reagan said "Virtually all of us as Americans trace our ancestry back to immigrants from distant lands, men and women who came to America with a firm willingness to work, asking only freedom." Those Hispanic communities, in states like Texas, characterize those qualities. A willingness to work, asking only freedom. It is not incompatible to want to support those communities whilst also countering illegal immigration. Those communities must be assured that neither the Republican Party, nor America under its governance, means them any harm.
Far from it.

I want to see Hispanic communities prosper. Prosperity anywhere in America is a boon to the prosperity of all Americans, and I want to see these communities invested in and supported. Just because I want to see the Wall completed and our border secured does not mean I have any animus or hatred towards Hispanic-Americans. And let's not pretend that Republicans are somehow singularly responsible for all the malus that those communities have felt.

President Clifford and President Baharia cut loose and abandoned our Cuban-American communities, and other Hispanic-American communities which are exiled from dangerous socialist regimes in the Caribbean and South America. That was a betrayal that I, and other Republicans, would hope to rectify.

Allen: Your fellow Republican presidential Candidate, Governor Burgun, recently spoke at "Confederate Memorial Day" he made a number of comments about the Confederacy saying it wasn't a nation devoted to White Supremacy, and that those who fought to preserve it were fighting for the country, not the Confederacy, the United States as a whole. Do you agree or disagree with that position?

Prendergast: I don't agree with Governor Burgun's comments. I believe in General Lee's post-war emphasis on reconciliation and not re-opening the wounds of the Civil War to suit one agenda or another. There is a big difference between commemorating the dead of war, and celebrating the mythical 'Lost Cause'. I'm most concerned by the fact that Governor Burgun tried to ascribe blame on the North for the Civil War. Did he forget that Lincoln was a Republican?

Allen: During a Townhall in North Carolina you described the Confederates honored by monuments as "Fighting against an overzealous Federal Government" Has your perspective changed?

Prendergast: Part of not reopening the wounds of the Civil War is taking a live-and-let-live approach to letting people handle their history and their heritage. Allowing people to be at peace with their thoughts about the Civil War, especially if they have Confederate ancestors, is very important. For many people, that is the narrative that is important to them. And to African-Americans, it's about liberation and emancipation. In my home state of West Virginia, our loyalty to the Union means a great deal. I would rather we do what we could to not poke deeply held community feelings than to try to reopen the wounds of the Civil War. Governor Burgun's remarks were not supportive of inter-communal peace.

Allen: Do you think confederate monuments celebrating people who kept them in bondage mean liberation and emancipation to African Americans?

Prendergast: I think many things mean different things to different people. I'm not sure if I'd call Confederate monuments 'celebratory' in nature. As a West Virginian, I take pride in our state's foundation out of loyalty to the Union. But for South Carolinians or Alabamans or Mississippians or Texans, they find their own pride, their own esteem, in other interpretations. I think there is an answer to the monuments issue but I think blanketly trying to tear them down would be an act of provocation rather than one of reconciliation, and I don't think that engenders a sustainable, long-term understanding between communities.

Allen: So was the Union “Overzealous” to use your word?

Prendergast: Not in my view, but others may take the other view. Part of being both respectful and academically rigorous is expressing an openness to opinions that conflict with your own. Our approach to history should not be ideological. Either way, I think we should be talking more about kitchen table issues relevant to ordinary Americans today, rather than trying to relitigate the past.

Allen: Then why did you describe the Union as "Overzealous?" if its not your view?

Prendergast: Because I was speaking to a group which feels strongly on these issues and don't feel like their viewpoint has been respected, and I wanted to show that I have an understanding and a sympathy with their feelings, and that I have no desire to see anyone and their views being steamrolled. But at any rate, I do think that ordinary Americans - the viewers at home - are more interested to focus on kitchen table issues that effect their real needs than in matters of controversial statuary.

Allen: Lets talk about your platform, by most accounts the economy is doing well but some people still feel left behind in terms of wage growth. What would the Prendergast administration do to grow wages?

Prendergast: I have a plan to see Americans more prosperous and ensuring that their real wages go further. My approach to this is threefold. Firstly, we need to lower taxes on American workers, enshrining the Wolf tax cuts and going further, reforming our system to lift workers out of tax automatically, rather than finagling with tax credits. We also need to ensure that food, energy and gasoline become cheaper, so that people's wages go further. And I'll be upfront about this that I'm not opposed to a rise in the minimum wage. Not to the extent that Democrats are calling for but I think that combined with the other two parts of my real wages plan, that more moderate change will have a lot more impact. A $15 minimum wage is meaningless if Americans are paying most of that back to Uncle Sam as taxation.

Allen: Would you raise any taxes as President?

Prendergast: By and large, no. The only slim chance I may raise or create any tax would be looking at solutions to student debt, where a graduate tax scheme - as a replacement for our broken debt system - is one of a slate of options that I would be looking to test alongside other potential solutions. But a Prendergast Administration will not raise any new broad-based taxes.

Allen: What do you think is the way out of the student debt crisis?

Prendergast: There's a number of options ahead. A regulated student debt system, a graduate tax... I want to set up a Presidential Commission to explore this more rigorously to find the solution best suited to helping American students, and then work bipartisanly to achieve that solution. What I recognize isn't a solution, as pushed by the radical left, is the federal government paying tuition. As has been seen in Scotland and other jurisdictions, that sets a hard limit on the number of students who can be funded into college, and means institutions of higher learning prioritize foreign students over domestic. I will not be the President who limits the opportunities of young Americans. College places need to be kept open for American students, which is why a government-financed college tuition program is unfeasible.

Allen: Can you expand on the graduate tax a bit?

Prendergast: Well, the idea of a graduate tax is a proposed model in which the existing tuition based system is replaced with one where graduates pay for the higher education system that educated them over time through an additional tax, one which would not be a burden as their degree would - in theory - bring them to higher income in general. This spreads the cost of tuition outwards, making the system simpler, without destroying or removing the incentive to take the investment seriously, nor limiting placements.

Allen: Lets talk about another aspect of your candidacy. I understand you’re quite keen on infrastructure spending?

Prendergast: I think keen is the wrong word for it. Concerned, is how I feel about infrastructure spending. Crumbling infrastructure is not merely an eyesore, it is an active danger to the lives of ordinary Americans. I went to Oroville not all that long ago, where one of the country's biggest dams almost failed. Tens of thousands of people could have been killed, or had their homes and livelihoods destroyed. I also spoke in Lake Charles, Louisiana, where the Calcasieu River Bridge has been regarded as 'functionally obsolete' for some time. American lives are being gambled with for squalid, political ends because we're not pursuing infrastructure maintenance, replacement and repair. That's not a situation I could tolerate as Commander-in-Chief, responsible for the lives of every American.

Allen: How would you like to see it implemented? And how would it be paid for?

Prendergast: I'm not determined that this will be the solution we settle on quite yet. That'll be for the Presidential Commission to examine and decide. There will be an upfront cost in the short term, but in the long term, that cost would - in projection - be covered by the tax concerned. We can find the funds for that upfront cost through making long-needed efficiencies in the federal budget, repatriating overseas monies, and harmonizing our tax system to ensure an optimal tax rate that'll up receipts without upping rates.

Allen: So will you raise taxes to do it?

Prendergast: Healthcare doesn't require a cash injection from the federal government. What healthcare needs is a kick in the pants. The complacency of healthcare providers and insurers must confront cold, hard, real capitalism. Not cronyism, but being subject to market forces and competition that'll bring premiums down. We need to expand the bidding process, across state lines and beyond, to drive down the price of healthcare and make deals fairer for Americans. We need to also expedite and streamline the certification process with the F.D.A. and other agencies to ensure that new therapeutic options are available to Americans faster, and with fewer overheads. These reforms won't cost the federal government a dime. I also think that improving the real wages of Americans will mean that Americans will have more money to spend on their healthcare, and so with improving wages and declining costs, we will reach a more manageable medium.

Allen: So would you repeal the ACA?

Prendergast: The Affordable Care Act is poorly constructed. Noble as its goals were, its implementation has been a total mess. We need to be able to move past it. That said, I agree with folks like Senator Merriam that we can't pursue that repeal and replace until our replacement is entirely ready. Americans deserve as little disruption with their healthcare as possible. So let's get a system to replace Bahariacare, but I'm not going to pursue this on ideological grounds. New, better healthcare for America can and should happen, but until it's ready, we shouldn't just kick the status quo for the sake of kicking it.

Allen: If Republicans couldn't repeal and replace the ACA when Wolf was first elected, when they had massive majorities in the Senate, the House and held the Presidency, why should they expect a new Republican administration, which is unlikely to have that kind of legislative advantage, would be able to repeal and replace it?

Prendergast: Well, the difference here is that I'm proposing we have a fully formed replacement system ready before we do that. Attempting to repeal and replace the A.C.A. with the skinny repeal strategy wasn't strategically wise, nor was it what the American people wanted. We as Republicans can't merely tell people what we think they should want, we need to react to what they do want, and we need to put in the requisite work to prove we can do things better. That's something that President Wolf was very good at communicating on the campaign trail directly to the American people, but I think that - to an extent - a level of complacency and inflexibility has set in with our Senate caucus that I hope can be refreshed and re-energized.

Allen: Is that realistic? The ACA passed in 2010, they had 6 years during the Baharia administration to write a replacement, 2 years during the Wolf administration with a majority… And their is still no consensus on what a replacement would look like. How long does writing the replacement take?

Prendergast: As long as it takes. Healthcare is fundamentally very important to the American people, understandably so. In order to get this right, we need to take a broad base of input and spend the time and effort to make sure that we make the best legislative package possible on healthcare. I believe in reforming the system to better serve Americans and expand coverage without sacrificing capitalist principles. But rushing that reform, trying to ram it through, does not serve Americans. Healthcare is a big thing. Remember that the A.C.A. only came about over a decade after then First Lady Diane Clifford espoused healthcare reform in the '90s. Sometimes change is easy, sometimes change is hard. That's something we just have to respect.

Allen: Thank you Governor thats all the time we have today.

Prendergast: Thank you for having me on.
Last edited by Dentali on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

As Governor of North Carolina my administration authored $4 billion in tax relief which halved unemployment and gave us the fast growing economy in the country. As a candidate I have promised since day 1 I will not raise taxes and have committed to making permanent the Wolf Tax Cuts. Meanwhile Governor Prendergast proposed multiple tax hikes in his most recent CNN interview, which would undo part of the amazing economy President Wolf has given us.

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:24 pm

DEBATE QUESTION #5

Gomez: Perhaps the most well known promise from Wolf's candidacy in 2016 was the promise to build a wall on the Southern border of the United States. Should a wall be built and how should our immigration system be reformed?

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:29 pm

Dentali wrote:
Nathaniel Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

As Governor of North Carolina my administration authored $4 billion in tax relief which halved unemployment and gave us the fast growing economy in the country. As a candidate I have promised since day 1 I will not raise taxes and have committed to making permanent the Wolf Tax Cuts. Meanwhile Governor Prendergast proposed multiple tax hikes in his most recent CNN interview, which would undo part of the amazing economy President Wolf has given us.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Tax cuts to whom, Governor? Tax cuts to whom?
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Governor Prendergast just suggested(Edit typo) a graduate tax as a way of solving the student debt crisis, I cannot in good conscience support this new proposed tax system.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

First off a graduate tax would be impossible to collect on new graduates who emigrate outside of the US, so as a result many of them would work abroad. What Governor Prendergast's policy would entail is a self-inflicted brain drain out of the US. At the moment when so many companies are struggling to hire specialized professions, an exodus of talented engineers, doctors, and computer scientists is the last thing we need.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Secondly, it would also give international students to US colleges, the best and brightest across the world, a disincentive for them to stay in the US. America has always been about attracting the best and brightest. Why are we now trying to chase them away with increased taxation?

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Finally, how would a graduate tax solve the out of control costs of education and administrators? Currently, American education has a cost problem, the graduate tax would do nothing to lower costs. In fact, it very well might escalate the cost of education as the tax would be completely insensitive to market pressures. It would eventually fall victim to the same cost issues of education that student debt has. It would likely grow to such extreme levels it would still be unaffordable.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

The current student debt crisis is a major problem, the solution to it is not Gov. Prendergast's misguided graduate tax system which would induce a brain drain, chase away the best international students, and do nothing to address costs or affordability. But rather steps like Education Savings Accounts and other policies to lower the cost of a college education which Gov. Richardson has proposed.
Last edited by Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Governor Prendergast just sugged a graduate tax as a way of solving the student debt crisis, I cannot in good conscience support this new proposed tax system.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

First off a graduate tax would be impossible to collect on new graduates who emigrate outside of the US, so as a result many of them would work abroad. What Governor Prendergast's policy would entail is a self-inflicted brain drain out of the US. At the moment when so many companies are struggling to hire specialized professions, an exodus of talented engineers, doctors, and computer scientists is the last thing we need.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Secondly, it would also give international students to US colleges, the best and brightest across the world, a disincentive for them to stay in the US. America has always been about attracting the best and brightest. Why are we now trying to chase them away with increased taxation?

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

Finally, how would a graduate tax solve the out of control costs of education and administrators? Currently, American education has a cost problem, the graduate tax would do nothing to lower costs. In fact, it very well might escalate the cost of education as the tax would be completely insensitive to market pressures. It would eventually fall victim to the same cost issues of education that student debt has. It would likely grow to such extreme levels it would still be unaffordable.

Daniel Park
@RiversideRep

The current student debt crisis is a major problem, the solution to it is not Gov. Prendergast's misguided graduate tax system which would induce a brain drain, chase away the best international students, and do nothing to address costs or affordability. But rather steps like Education Savings Accounts and other policies to lower the cost of a college education which Gov. Richardson has proposed.

Liked and Retweeted by Theodore Vohoffsky
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Dentali wrote:
DEBATE QUESTION #5

Gomez: Perhaps the most well known promise from Wolf's candidacy in 2016 was the promise to build a wall on the Southern border of the United States. Should a wall be built and how should our immigration system be reformed?

Texas Special Election Debate

"President Wolf, in part, won the election on the message that he will build a war along our Southern Border. I couldn't be any more supportive of that proposal, as a Texan, I see the devastating impacts of illegal immigration on our state, whether that be increases in crime and drug smuggling every single that. So, when I get there in the Senate, I'm going to wrangle to swamp to get the Wall completely built because it is the only way we can take back control of our borders. I also support increasing the funding for the Border Patrol and ICE so that they can perform their duties better to protect Americans - and protect America. You won't find a guy more passionate about President Wolf's immigration policies than me, I understand that illegals should be going through the legal processes, so that we know who are coming into our country. A nation cannot be a nation-state without borders, that's a fact, so it's time to restore order to our Southern Border. Join me and President Wolf in doing so."

"I further support President Wolf's travel ban that he implemented, but was sadly rejected by the courts. There are places in the world where we shouldn't be taking in anyone, they're riddled with terrorism, they could be bringing terrorists here to the United States, places that we should shut off. I will re-instate the President's travel bans if I am elected to the Senate."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:53 pm

Dentali wrote:
DEBATE QUESTION #5

De Lange:

"Well, I believe that a wall in the physical sense is not necessary, but I do believe that illegal immigration is a problem. The last time the federal government built a border barrier many Texans lost their land their family has held for generations. I urge all candidates on this stage to pledge to protect the lands held by Texans. My friend Randy here does not seem to mention that land is going to be stolen by the federal government in order to build the border wall.

It is my understanding that what we should do as a nation is to cooperate with Mexico. Most of the border crossers these days are not Mexicans, but from Central America. Thus, we should be granting the Mexican government aid and resources by preventing border crossings into their southern border, which is much shorter and easier to guard.

As for the future of immigration. I believe in ratifying the DREAM Act ASAP. My friend Karen has said she wanted to help the migrant kids and I agree with her. But I think the first priority should be placed on helping kids who are American in all but name. That is why I hope that she would join me in calling for the passage of the DREAM act. A common-sense proposal to ensure that American raised kids do not get sent back to a land that they know nothing of. We also need a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants that involves automatic citizenship if they serve in the military."

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Richardson Ad Buys May 15th, 2019- May 21st, 2019

All Iowa Markets
Nathaniel Richardson TV Ad

(A series of farmers dramatically narrate the ad over images of farmers)

And on the 8th day, God looked down on his planned paradise and said, "I need a caretaker." So God made a farmer.

God said, "I need somebody willing to get up before dawn, milk cows, work all day in the fields, milk cows again, eat supper and then go to town and stay past midnight at a meeting of the school board." So God made a farmer.

God had to have somebody willing to ride the ruts at double speed to get the hay in ahead of the rain clouds and yet stop in mid-field and race to help when he sees the first smoke from a neighbor's place. So God made a farmer.

God said, "I need somebody strong enough to clear trees and heave bails, yet gentle enough to tame lambs and wean pigs and tend the pink-combed pullets, who will stop his mower for an hour to splint the broken leg of a meadow lark. It had to be somebody who'd plow deep and straight and not cut corners. Somebody to seed, weed, feed, breed and rake and disc and plow and plant and tie the fleece and strain the milk and replenish the self-feeder and finish a hard week's work with a five-mile drive to church.

"Somebody who'd bale a family together with the soft strong bonds of sharing, who would laugh and then sigh, and then reply, with smiling eyes, when his son says he wants to spend his life 'doing what dad does.'" So God made a farmer.

Richardson: We can make one of the toughest jobs in America a bit easier.

Richardson: Right now our farm policy in Washington works for big corporate farms and not the small family farms. Its time that we put the money and the power back in the hands of the people that need it most like I did as Governor of North Carolina. From taking on the Clean Water Rule and the Endangered Species Act, to ending the FDAs one size fits all approach, and opening up new markets overseas, together we will get it done. If you agree please visit Richardson2020.com and voice your support. I’m Nathaniel Richardson and I approve of this message.

(God Made a Farmer by Paul Harvey)

All New Hampshire Markets
ImagePresident Wolf in front of a factory Blue Ash, Ohio in February 2018

Wolf: “And what I really want to do — and come here and give something very big back. And that’s tax cuts, I signed into law. Your paychecks are going way up. (Applause.) Your taxes are going way down. And right now, for the first time in a long time — and you’ve seen it — factories are coming back. Everything is coming back. They all want to be where the action is. America is once again open for business. Right? (Applause.)”
Richardson (Narrating): Our economy has made huge strides thanks to President Wolf and his Tax Cuts. But the works not done, and our first step is making those tax cuts permanent.

As Governor I have passed $4.4 billion in tax cuts which has given North Carolina the fastest growing economy in the country. We went from a budget deficit to a surplus, and we have cut our unemployment in half. I’m running for President because I have gotten results, and I believe I am the best person to continue the incredible legacy of President Wolf.

If we want to keep moving the country Forward, to heights greater than ever before, I hope you join me at Richardson2020.com. I’m Nate Richardson, and I approve this message. God Bless.

All Nevada Markets
(footage of Porter’s rally in Birmingham, Alabama)

Porter: “ We have infiltrators in our homes, in our streets, roaming free to rape, to pillage and to murder… We need, more than ever, a strong government to hold our nation together in these testing times, in these dangerous eras of the future… we're going to bomb anyone else who dares to stand against this grand nation. We will bury them, and send them home to their cities in blood-soaked caskets. ”

(Footage of Westra in church)

Westra: "There is a passage in the Gospel of John where Jesus states that he wishes that we 'might have life and have it abundantly.' In other words, he hopes for us to live full and meaningful lives. Would the Lord subject any of us to live through the indignity of bearing a rapist's baby, or struggling through economic insecurity because of lack of access to contraception?"

(Murphy's tweet displayed on screen)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

Israel IS an apartheid state! If elected, I would suspend all aid to Israel until they can show full commitments to human rights and just treatment of the Palestinians.

Richardson: “The partisanship, disrespect, and lack of decency in politics today is coming from both sides of the aisle. You can’t blame any one person for it, at some point we just stopped expecting more from our leaders. I want a President who doesn’t talk down to others, that I can be proud of, that our children can look up to.”

“I’m Nate Richardson, Governor of North Carolina. As Governor my state got things done, we actually worked and got things done. A pain capable abortion ban, $4 billion in tax relief, a complete healthcare overhaul, and so much more. We got it done by respecting one another, working across the aisle, and coming together for a common cause of serving our state.”

“These are values my mother and late father instilled in me from the time I was young. Faith, Family and Country, the importance of service, and the importance of living a virtuous life. I’m running for President because I believe it’s where I can best serve, making Washington work a little more like it works in North Carolina”

“I want an America where my daughter and my whole family can feel safe and prosper. Right now our country needs a uniter not a divider in order to move Forward, and I hope to be that leader. Please visit Richardson2020.com to learn more and voice your support. I’m Nate Richardson and I approve this message. Thank you and God Bless.”

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:03 pm

Levi Murphy Rally
Nashua, New Hampshire

Team Levi moved on to Nashua. To keep the momentum alive, they held another rally in the state of New Hampshire. Nashua was an ideal location, as it was the second most populated city in New Hampshire. It is a Democratic-held area and listed twice as the best place to live in the United States. It would be important to win this sect of voters to win the primary and activating voters, registering them to vote and enthusiastic to vote, was important in winning New Hampshire (the second primary state). Before Levi took to the stage, his Political Director for the North-East, Gemma Aricudo, warmed the crowd up.

"The Democratic Primary is coming closer everyone, I hope you're ready, the debate will happen soon. Who is ready to join this fight and stand behind Levi?" The crowd cheered. "How is ready to volunteer, knock some doors and turn our people out!" The crowd cheered. "How is ready to make Progressives great again?!" The crowd cheered. "It's still a long way but every conversation, every chat with your family, is a vote that we could win. Because this isn't a battle of who can raise the most money from Wall St, this is a battle to win over the hearts and minds of the American people. It's a battle for the soul of America and the soul of the Democratic Party. Are we going to be a Democratic Party that stands up for bold, policy directions that the people of this country are hungering for? Or are we going to cower at the alter of big business and the 1%. No, we're not. We're leading this political revolution to change politics forever, so that our people start to demand more, not less of politicians. We're going to make the Democratic Party the party of the working class once again, we're going to fight for $15, a Green New Deal, Medicare for All and an anti-corruption programme. No high money cable advertisements are going to take us down, we're stronger, we're grass-roots and we're going to win. Let's bring up Levi."

Levi took to the stage. "Thank you everyone. Thanks Gemma, thanks Nashua!" The crowd cheered. "Only those who dare to be bold make history. That's the truth. I don't remember reading about how great the white moderates were during the Civil Rights Era. I don't remember reading about how great the incrementalists of this world made any difference. There will always be a portion of society, commanded by the economic elite and the 1% that is against any change to their authority. They always want to take things slowly, carefully, incrementally. They want to means test everything. I'm tell you know, those people are running for President, but I will also tell you, they do not earn themselves a page in the history books. Nelson Mandela didn't earn his place in history by being complacent and taking things slowly. Last I remember, Martin Luther King Jr didn't listen to what the white moderates had to say about his messages. People who hold back the rhythm of history, progress do not earn there places in history. But we, we are making history today in New Hampshire. And New Hampshire made history in 2016. When New Hampshire backed Baginski in the 2016 Primary, everything changed. The spark was lit, and although we did not win the primary in 2016, due to a miriad of reasons - some beyond our control - the spark is still burning alive and well here in this rally today."

"Progressives, join us. Join us in our fight for a $15 minimum wage. People in this country should not be working and still live below the poverty. It is crazy to think, that in the United States of America, we cannot afford the basics for our people, so let's start with raising the minimum wage to lift people out of poverty and raise the wages of people across this country: even the people who don't currently earn minimum wage. People will be able to spend more, creating more jobs in the retail sector, providing secure employment to millions of Americans. All of this is one Bill away, one Bill that our current clowns in Washington D.C. will refuse to pass. As President, there will be no room for that in the Democratic Party. It's simple that $15 should be the minimum wage, and we're going to fight for it - nothing and no one will stop us." The crowd cheered. "And as President, I will pass Medicare for All within the first six months. Healthcare is a human right, not something bestowed on those with enough money to pay for it. It belongs to all Americans no matter the size of their wallet. It belongs to Americans because they are Americans. Not so radical, is it? Especially not so radical when the majority of all other countries on Earth have done it too. So, save me the crocodile tears about it being too radical. Being too 'radical' is not the issue, it's about the political class in our country being too out of step with the majority of the people of this country. Give me a break - please, someone ask the talking media heads why, if I'm too radical, that our movement is currently ahead in the polls?" The crowd exploded.

"I have people come up and ask me, how do you do it? I just say, stand up for things that the people of this nation want. It's that simple. Medicare for All - overwhelmingly popular, not so much among the rich. Green New Deal - overwhelmingly popular, not so much among the oil barons. Raising the minimum wage - overwhelmingly popular, not so much with Bezos. Banning corporate donations - overwhelmingly popular, not so much with the drug companies, the banks and the military industrial complex. Stand up for what people want and don't relent, that's what I say to them. But unfortunately very few take that advice, they take the corporate route. That only leads them to support half-measures, half-measures that the American people hate. People hate it when politicians don't stand up for what they know is right. Take Medicare for All as an example. We all know that's where we need to go, universal coverage for free, but many won't take a stand for it, apart from our movement. I don't like to be one of the only progressives running, but it's come to this. And our political movement won't waver on our views. Won't waver on our policy and we will not be adopting those half-measures." The crowd cheered.

"If I have one thing to add before we finish today, please enroll to vote in the primary. We need all of you to win, because we're aiming to win big in the primary to make our ideals the reality. Join our movement, volunteer with us, donate to our movement if you can. Share our content on social media. All of that is important, and I thank you all for the amazing work you are doing out there already. Let's keep the momentum up. Thank you everyone."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Greenwood Park, Des Moines, Iowa
(May 15)

The Velez campaign's inevitable descent on Iowa was long awaited. The candidate had spent much of his time in South Carolina and Nevada, where former Baharia Chief of Staff Joe Horthy was correct in his assertion that those states would be fertile for the candidate who was relatively late to the game. But he would have to go to Iowa and New Hampshire eventually- and today was the day. His strength was clearly growing among white suburbanites, African Americans, and Hispanics, but in Iowa he was faced with a more rural and more progressive electorate. It was still a state where he would have to make a splash, even if he was unlikely to win it.

The more local former Whitaker campaign had been helpful in laying the foundation of the statewide campaign. Offices were opened, staffers were recruited- all that was needed was the candidate himself.Mike was present at the official opening of his campaign's Iowa headquarters and other satellite offices. He gave the new hires and volunteers their usual pep-talks, and bought pizza for each group to motivate them to pound the pavement. But there was no better motivation than leadership by example, so Mike decided there was no better place to start the campaign than Iowa's largest city, and hit the pavement himself. He visited small businesses, senior centers, and parks.

In one of the large Des Moines parks, the campaign planned a large rally to kickoff the campaign in Iowa. Thanks to the weight of Whitaker's midwestern draw, and her contributions as campaign chair, the kickoff rally was larger than anticipated, and local media was heavy thanks to the anticipation that had built for his eventual appearance. His local surrogates spoke, including Horthy, who was from the Midwest himself.

"Hello Des Moines, hello Iowa, and hello America! I am truly humbled and honoured that you all came out to our campaign's first rally in Iowa on this beautiful day. Folks, we stand at a time of new beginnings. We are going to have a new president after 2020 no matter what happens, but more importantly, we are at the turn of the decade- the 2020s. I do not need to stand here tell you how difficult these past few years have been for Americans of all walks of life. From the rampant failures of our medical system, to the weakening of our democracy, to the sadistic abuse of immigrants, to the degradation of our environment, the American people are truly suffering. The values that we hold dear as Americans seem to fade with each passing day. What happened to good government? To liberty? To equality of opportunity through properly functioning educational and medical systems? If you feel lost, you are not alone. But do not despair- we have the power to change the direction of this country. At this time of new beginnings we have the power to cast Wolfism out of American politics and to bend the arc of history back towards progress and social justice."

There was applause from the audience.

"We cannot change things over night. The Republican candidates, especially Bernard Porter and Arnold Wolf junior have proved that Arnold Wolf's brand of politics are not going away any time soon. But folks, if we build a positive, inclusive, and bold vision for 2020, we can bring our new beginning to fruition. When Floridians of all races, colors, and creeds joined our movement to clean out Tallahassee in 2014, we had a similar vision and a similar new beginning. By sticking true to our principles at the negotiating table, we brought unprecedented progressive change to the State of Florida. From pay raises for teachers, to environmental protection, to common sense gun control, we brought new politics to Florida. Now it's time to bring these new politics to Iowa, and eventually to Washington."

There was more cheering.

"My campaign platform cannot be condensed into one speech, and believe me, you don't want it to be. But to kick-off our campaign, our movement, I would like to share the five points that form the cornerstones of our platform. They are responsible stewardship of the economy, 'Medicare for All Who Want It', good government, education reform, and social justice."

He paused for a moment, before delving into the platform.

"Responsible stewardship of the economy should be a primary duty of Washington. President Wolf has been derelict in that duty. He has deregulated the economy to dangerous levels, has shifted the tax burden to the working class by allowing the top earners to avoid paying their fair share, has ignored the ballooning deficit, and has allowed business interests to take the place of the needs of working families and environmental protection. Under the Velez administration, we will raise taxes on the top income brackets, close loopholes, and eliminate all income tax liabilities for the lowest bracket. We will pursue the bipartisan-supported carbon tax and redouble our environmental protection efforts. We will invest heavily in infrastructure to move our ageing power grid, highways, and bridges into the 21st century. We will set this country down the path to 100% renewable energy by 2050 by turning the United States into the solar and wind capital of the world. We will strengthen and expand Social Security by raising the maximum contributing income, and work toward federally guaranteed sick leave, something I know my parents desperately needed when I was a kid, and millions of Americans desperately need today. I have brought such stewardship to Florida's vibrant and dynamic economy in my time as governor, and I have built upon my experiences in the non-profit financial sector and the Baharia cabinet. We have proven that these changes are not pie-in-the-sky fantasies, but are attainable goals if we have the right negotiator at the table. I have sat down and talked tough with men like Xi Jinping and Vladimir Putin. I've done it with the Republicans in Florida too. And at the end of the day, you can bet your bottom dollar that I got results. I am ready to sit down, toe to toe with Warrick and Volker and do the same to get this economy working for the average American.

There was some applause.

"Our healthcare plan can be summed up as 'Medicare for All Who Want It.' Fundamentally, this means allowing fair private healthcare plans, but capping drug costs and protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions. It also means increasing the value of tax credits for insurance to lower premiums, and fully enforcing the gutted Affordable Care Act, which I was proud to see passed while I served under President Baharia. However, it is clear that the Affordable Care Act and the private market are not adequate on their own. Millions of Americans fail to receive proper healthcare. Let me be as clear as possible- HEALTHCARE IS A HUMAN RIGHT. We will dramatically expand Medicare in this country as we have worked to do in Florida, to place all Americans under its coverage unless they choose to opt-out. This will bring down costs across the market by providing baseline,, quality coverage, and bring life-saving care to our most vulnerable communities and working families who have been gipped by their employers. This will let our unions keep their hard-fought Cadillac plans, while also giving them more leverage at the bargaining table. Most importantly, it will ensure no one will go bankrupt treating their cancer, and no one will have to choose between eating dinner and treating their sinus infection. In the wealthiest country in the world, Americans should have a proper healthcare system, and America will have a proper healthcare system."

There was even greater applause.

"Good government is something that is near and dear to me. My predecessor as governor practically bought the Governor's Mansion with the size of his campaign expenditure in 2010. After getting into office, he showed his true colors as a corrupt and scandal-ridden governor. He tried to do it again in 2014, but we didn't let him win. We won't let corruption in Washington win, either. It's time to ban insider trading for members of Congress and close the so-called revolving door, standardise voting systems across the country, and bring about true ethics and anti-corruption reform. The Wolf administration is the antithesis of good government, with lobbyists put in regulatory positions for the industries they represent, with Cabinet members spending lavishly, with Wolf putting his own interests above those of the American people. New politics means a new way of doing business in the next decade. We will put a stop to this corruption, and create an ethics reform package. I also promise to build a cabinet that reflects the diversity of this country, and to choose a woman for the role of my Vice President. If we can bring these new politics we can re-establish Washington as of, by, and for the people, and rebuild a responsive government. "

Velez wiped his brow, energetic and vigorous in his speaking.

"As a governor who has brought Florida's education system from the bottom of the heap to the top of the rankings, I understand the importance of education in growing the economy and bettering the job market. But as the son of Colombian immigrants who did not speak a lick of English, I hold the social importance of education dear to my heart. Education is the vehicle by which dreams are actualised, for both children and their parents. That is why I believe we need to dramatically increase educational standards and teacher salaries across the country. We need to hire more teachers to shrink class sizes. We need to build a national public pre-kindergarten system, to ensure the next generation is well equipped for a rigorous education. We need to make schools more responsive to the schedules and needs of working families. We need to strengthen our school districts and educational communities, and back our teachers in their right to fight for their interests. We also need to make college education affordable. We will expand community college and vocational colleges and make them free to all Americans. We will also work toward establishing public universities as free for the next generation. As a negotiator, I am prepared to sit down with private universities and withhold federal funding if they cannot explain why tuition is so high. If they refuse to lower their prices, federal action may be used. Like healthcare, education is a right. It is a necessity in the twenty-first century, not just to ensure our kids can find a decent job, but so the United States can remain the most powerful country in the world."

There was more cheering.

"Social justice is the broadest part of my platform. It means taking kids out of cages on day one in the Oval Office, and halting family separation. It means passing and ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment. It means ending the Wolf Administrations efforts to embolden White Supremacists. It means ensuring African Americans are given a helping hand after generations of being pushed down, and ensuring their communities do not suffer under the shadow of monuments dedicated to their former oppressors. It means a path to citizenship for DACA recipients. It means means a new assault weapons ban, taking guns out of the hands of criminals and off the streets, and ending the school shooting and domestic terrorism epidemics in this country. Social justice means bringing universal mental healthcare to the United States. One of the parts of my platform of which I am most proud is the Bridges Plan, which I recently unveiled in South Carolina. This plan will allocate up to 15% of the federal budget, well over 600 billion dollars, to communities rife with pervasive generational poverty. This will lift up working families of all races, colors and creeds across this great country, and will help get our communities working again. We will finally give a helping hand to communities from Decatur, Iowa to Detroit, Michigan."

There was more cheering.

"Make no mistake, I am a pragmatic, practical leader. I am not a pie-in-the-sky dreamer, and if I were I would not be an accountant. But we can ad should pursue broad, sweeping changes in this country. We are Americans! We defeated the greatest threats to justice the world has ever seen during the Second World War. We put a man on the moon. We put computers in the palm of people's hands. And that is just in the past 90 or so years! We have our faults, yes, our share of mistakes both past and ongoing. Yes, things seem dire right now. But we cannot give up hope, we cannot stop fighting for a better America. And people across this country are fighting. I've been inspired by women in Birmingham as we stood shoulder to shoulder fighting for a woman's right to control her body. I've been inspired by faith leaders in Columbia as they protest the commemoration of a racist past. I've been inspired by union workers who have fought for their right to healthcare and a living wage in Las Vegas Nevada. Folks, lets bring this fight to right here in Iowa. Let's not make America great again, let's make America greater than ever before. That is what we are fighting for, and that is what our movement will do."

There was clapping.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:32 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
New Cobastheia wrote:"Thanks for the vote of confidence. Regardless of how I'll run if I do run, it would be the third time I've run for Congress, and sure the '90s and '00s were a different time, but I'm not planning on taking any risks I don't need to take." She paused, enjoying the mid-May air, "What about the rest of us, if you end up President what do you see Arnie and Lily doing?"

"Well, Arnold has expertise in the pharmaceutical industry, so I'd be considering him for Health and Human Services. As for Lilyana, well, she's doing a good job already at the R.N.C. so as much as the President wanted me to consider her for Commerce Secretary, I've honestly got my eyes a bit higher for her. I think she'd make a very good White House Chief of Staff. She'd be the first woman in that role too." He nodded softly. "I would like to earn your support in turn, Eliza. What can I do to convince you that I'd be your best choice?"

"I wouldn't know, at least off the top of my head, although you did mention how with my generally liberal lean on social issues I am the future of where the Republican Party needs to go. I know it's not the greatest hit with some key voting blocks in our party, but you're the one who asked. Otherwise, well I've mainly just been watching the primary so far, but between you and me, I'm not the biggest fan of Richardson."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:35 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:"I wouldn't know, at least off the top of my head, although you did mention how with my generally liberal lean on social issues I am the future of where the Republican Party needs to go. I know it's not the greatest hit with some key voting blocks in our party, but you're the one who asked. Otherwise, well I've mainly just been watching the primary so far, but between you and me, I'm not the biggest fan of Richardson."

"Well, considering what his wife said, I can't say I'm surprised. There's a terrible presumptuousness and self-importance that comes from that campaign that makes Clifford look like Mother Theresa sometimes." He shook his head, clearly a little displeased with the whole sordid situation. "I'm reasonably certain I'm the only candidate that can stop Richardson, Eliza. And he does need to be stopped. Don't worry about social issues, I talk up a big talk but I have no intention of wasting my time in office fighting over gays when I could be fixing dams or building railroads."
Neoliberal

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Porter HQ, Mobile, Alabama

"America First" - That was their philosophy. In the middle of a meeting, Porter had stood up, and grabbed a marker, writing on the whiteboard, in all caps:

"AMERICA FIRST."

One motto, one philosophy - Labor Patriotism. You didn't win an election through infinite rallies or through making speeches to audiences of a few hundred. That was too slow. Too painful. They need to reach every voter, through the television, through the radio, through the media, with two words and two words only: "America First", "America First", "America First".

Stoke fear, stoke hatred, leave them having to put out your fires. Write fake news, distribute the articles and make people believe whatever they'll believe. Anyone can start a fire, but only a few can put one out. Conventional wisdom was a crippling disease, and one Porter didn't have. Talk about Richardson and Prendergast being rich, pretentious, silver-spoon.

Us vs them, the people against the elite. That is how this primary, how this election will be won. In the end, it doesn't - it didn't - matter who was right, it only mattered who can win over the people. Who can inoculate them against the opposition. The Republican establishment were as gullible as the Democratic establishment. Richardson can throw empty platitudes all he likes, but that'll be his end.

Talk about stability, talk about a future for the children of this nation. Call any attempts to frame you as a racist or Nazi as slander, as fake news. Talk about how Amanda Richardson had said that Prendergast and Wolf Jr. were rapists, or Prendergast and his "clump of cells" moment. Arnie Jr. wasn't much of a threat anymore, as his campaign seemed to be slipping.

The general Porter saw the field as two men, Prendergast and Richardson, running in a blitzkrieg towards the capital, towards the abandoned fortresses, trying to get ahold of them and gain control of the region that way.

But Porter knew that wasn't all. As Prendergast and Richardson rushed towards the centre, he ran circles around the outside, the late states, getting donations, getting support. Texas, California...The big states. Lots of money, lots of people, ready to push in Iowa and in New Hampshire. He continued building campaign infrastructure, setting up volunteer HQs in every state where he could get daily or weekly canvasses, as long as people were willing. It was canvass after canvass, repeating and repeating.

The time for damage control was over. It was time for a strong, energetic campaign to cover ground across state after state. A grand star fortress will not resist the thunder of artillery, or the marching of armies...Fight for the early states, sure, but he needed to get support and donations first. Build the campaign, build the machine.

He set up the America First online activist groups, headed by one of his senior campaign staff, on Instagram, on Twitter and on Facebook, to get all his eager supporters in. He needed a strong support base, a strong donation base. Mobilise the troops, get ready for war. Canvass, do activism.

He also began to hire people he liked to call "Meme Masters" - people who created memes for a living, pumped them out like machines, just waiting for one to go viral. It wasn't just in the internet, however. It was in the newspapers, too. Cartoonists, writers, he needed to flood the media market, and he was going to do it from every angle.

He also founded the America First channel, a channel dedicated to backing him and his campaign, and spent a few tens of thousands on video ads to draw in subscribers from the already right-wing. He did the same thing with YouTube, creating several propaganda pages, from America First Official to Porter for Patriotism, sharing and resharing the same memes, over and over again, in order to breach more pro-Prendergast and more pro-Burgun voters. In fact, this was Porter's main task for the meantime: getting Burgun voters.

He spent most of his ad money on ads targeting Burgun voters, ready to beginning grabbing more and more of them. He went to YouTube, to Twitter, to Facebook and had his PAC do analysis of likely Burgun voters, snatching them with digital ad buys. This was going to be a busy campaign...
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse