NATION

PASSWORD

regional flags

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Domais
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

regional flags

Postby Domais » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:16 am

The Current flag of the Pacific is giant. Like really big so I decided to see if the big flag was for all regions. So I upload and changed some flags of a region a founded and founded that the flag size wouldn't increase. Then I founded a new region and saw that the flag was still not so big. Then I decided to download the flag of the Pacific and set it to be the flag of another region and the flag was giant. Then I edited said flag and re-uploaded it and the regional flag is giant. Check the region Puptopia.

Is this a bug, probs is.
Former Prime Minister of Lazarus!
Delegate Emeritus of Warzones, Australia, Asia, Airspace and Africa
Voted Best Delegate of Warzone Airspace for the year 2019!

Numero Capitan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 27, 2007
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Numero Capitan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:49 am

There were some changes that mean the site doesn't shrink custom flags down as much as it used to: viewtopic.php?p=36592958#p36592958

It auto-shrinks files differently depending on their proportions/file size but if you re-upload a large file of your flag, you too can have a big old flag

Forest and Refugia have taken advantage of that too, for example
Last edited by Numero Capitan on Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Minister of Defense, 00000 A World Power
Minister of Intelligence, FRA
Potato General
Senator and Attorney General, Europeia
Minister of Security and Minister of Justice, The South Pacific
Minister of War, Fidelia
Royal Council, The Last Kingdom
Crown Prince, Unknown and The Brotherhood of Blood
Delegate, REDACTED
REDACTED and REDACTED, REDACTED
REDACTED, REDACTED REDACTED
REDACTED, dont be nosey

Domais
Attaché

Founded: Sep 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Domais » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 am

Numero Capitan wrote:There were some changes that mean the site doesn't shrink custom flags down as much as it used to: viewtopic.php?p=36592958#p36592958

It auto-shrinks files differently depending on their proportions/file size but if you re-upload a large file of your flag, you too can have a big old flag

Forest and Refugia have taken advantage of that too, for example
I tried that, and the size stayed the same.
Former Prime Minister of Lazarus!
Delegate Emeritus of Warzones, Australia, Asia, Airspace and Africa
Voted Best Delegate of Warzone Airspace for the year 2019!

Recuecn
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Recuecn » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:42 am

If you post a file that is too big, then it gets resized and winds up smaller than it could have been: if you use a file that is just the right size (both in bytes and in pixels) then you will get the maximum size.

I don't know the exact file requirements for regional flags not to be resized because last I checked, the info on the flag upload page isn't actually up-to-date: there were some changes a couple months ago.
rəswɛsən

Return to Technical