NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Spy Chief - Almost

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Spy Chief - Almost

Postby Chan Island » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Normally, a cabinet reshuffle in the small state of Gallopavia would not be big news, and truth be told, it isn't. Except for the fact that @@RANDOMNAME@@, the alias of Quirky Boris, one of your moderately reliable spies, has been promoted to deputy leader, next in line for the top job.

validity: all

[option] "Brilliant news!" cheers spy chief @@RANDOMNAME@@, popping open a bottle of expensive champagne specially imported for the occasion. "Now we have an agent perfectly placed to discover this country's deepest secrets- huge access to information but few actual responsibilities. Like their military plans... which their army of 1500 must have. And their plans with the honey export trade. Tell Quirky Boris to rifle through all the documents he can and use his position to find out what he can before hightailing it back here if things get hot. He will be a gold mine."
[effect] @@LEADER@@ knows everything about a small country's Christmas plans

[option] "Not ambitious enough," growls geopolitical chess master @@RANDOMNAME@@, while throwing a dart onto the wall, missing the photo of Gallopavia's leader. "Don't you see? We are one assassination away from getting complete control over this other country. At least for a few weeks before they have to constitutionally hold a special election. Think of the possibilities."
[effect] Gallopavia's new leader has a @@DENONYM@@ accent

[option] "Wait, why do we have spies in that place?" says intern @@RANDOMNAME@@, bringing in a jug of water. "Where even is that on the map? How are they a threat? Shouldn't we be sending them to actually relevant places like Maxtopia or Blackacre?"
[effect] a country is wondering how its deputy leader suddenly got executed in Maxtopia
Last edited by Chan Island on Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 am

Sounds good!

One spelling issue: 'it's' in option 3's effect should be 'its'

I feel option 1 is a little unresolved: what should Quirky Boris do after reading the documents? Return to @@NATION@@ or stay in Gallopavia? Him staying in Gallopavia is and option 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

There's an opening for a fourth option, namely to disband the entire spy agency. That would give you a series of options raging from moderate exploitation, to full exploitation, an alternative strategy, and a 'peaceful option'.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:08 am

Option 2- if there's a coup, then how would the spy when he's already second in charge? And if name wins the coup, why need spies when you just install a puppet government
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tadreodal
Attaché

Founded: Nov 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tadreodal » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:37 am

Chan Island wrote:Normally, a cabinet reshuffle in the small state of Gallopavia would not be big news, and truth be told, it isn't.

Pretty sure you need commas here
Tadreodal

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:20 pm

:rofl:

I love this.

Small nitpick: "cheers" in option 1 and "says" in option 3 should be lower case.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Ko-oren wrote:Sounds good!

One spelling issue: 'it's' in option 3's effect should be 'its'

I feel option 1 is a little unresolved: what should Quirky Boris do after reading the documents? Return to @@NATION@@ or stay in Gallopavia? Him staying in Gallopavia is and option 2 aren't mutually exclusive.

There's an opening for a fourth option, namely to disband the entire spy agency. That would give you a series of options raging from moderate exploitation, to full exploitation, an alternative strategy, and a 'peaceful option'.

Good points, all implemented except that last one. I personally do not feel like this inherently raises the question about whether the spy agencies should still exist. Though if others feel the same, I will add it.

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 2- if there's a coup, then how would the spy when he's already second in charge? And if name wins the coup, why need spies when you just install a puppet government

I was thinking coup as in the sense that they would be one assassination away from complete control, kinda like how we discuss 'coups' in western democratic nations. But I can see why the term would be confusing. It's now removed.

Fauxia wrote::rofl:

I love this.

Small nitpick: "cheers" in option 1 and "says" in option 3 should be lower case.

Cheers!

Both nitpicks fixed.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Return to Got Issues?