NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"I'll start with a minor concern, one that can probably be resolved via the courts, but one I would fix nonetheless. I think plain terms should be defined more closely, with, you know, a grade-based reading level using many of the existing models, or at the very least from an existing set of words, like the Globish list, for example."

“Well, as you’ve said Congressman, that is an area that could be resolved by the courts. Furthermore, Congressman, the bill has itself been circulating for some time and it has only been once I have set the whip that you express the grievances, would you mind if I were to ask why?”

"Because I was going to send it back to committee. That is why. I was going to send it back to have it fixed. Now...My second concern is that of consent. Notably, informed consent. This seems like another area that can be settled by the courts, yet the problem is that it is too risky for people like me to keep it uncertain. It is possible, like in the EU, that these agreements could be invalidated outright if courts rule that it does not meet some arbitrary criteria. We really need to clarify the bill, have it amended...Something."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:08 pm

Levi Murphy Rally
Hanover, New Hampshire

The whole team was buoyed by the latest Democratic polling. The Senator was always quick to dampen over-excitement, though, it was still early times. Nevertheless, a polling lead was a good starting block at this time in the year. Unfortunately, this put a heavy target on his back, and as the most Progressive candidate, there were forces out there to stop him. A shadowy centrist PAC had already began attacks on Levi's character, but for the Senator, any of those attacks were vindicating his message: the establishment is out there against us, and that as progressives we need to unite. Levi was warming up back stage as his Political Director for the North-East took to the stand to get the crowd rearing.

"Can I get a hello, Hanover?!" She said, the crowd exploded back. "Thanks for coming around to the rally, folks, and you come at a very good time at the moment. Our movement is ahead - we're winning nationally, we're winning in all metrics - we've built a coalition of working class progressives, youth, people of color, veterans, the list goes on. And our coalition will be marching to Washington D.C. come the primaries and there is nothing the establishment can do to stop us!" They cheered. "It's an imperative that we can win the early state and take the early leads, so that people can now and realize that our movement is real, and that we're fighting for everyone in this country, not just the few." She paused to take a sip of water. "People are relying on us to win, because there are millions of Americans without healthcare, without a home, without a stable job, or a job at all. There are Americans rationing their insulin. There are Americans deciding on whether to pay the rent or attend the doctors. There are Americans suffering terribly under our for-profit prisons. There are Americans whose homes are being foreclosed on by the banks. Even more, there are Americans whose homes are being destroyed by weather events exacerbated by climate change. There are Americans all over this country, like you and me, who need someone in the Oval Office that will put them first. President Wolf had some people fooled with his false rhetoric of helping the working man. We are here to win those people back come September. We're here to ignite a movement that will ignite a political revolution across this country. Baginski started it, now let's finish his work." The crowd cheered, waving their campaign signs. "Finally, now let's bring on Levi!"

Twisted Sister's 'We're Not Going to Take It' played as he came on stage.

"Friends, brothers and sisters: we're leading!" The whole auditorium exploded in cheering and chanting: LEVI. "I'm not talking about the polling, as a movement, we must always act as though we're ten points down to our nearest opponent. What we are leading is the largest progressive movement since Bagkinski, we are leading on the progressive issues that no other campaign is willing to touch. We are leading the way to pioneer a new kind of politics, one that works for all of us, not just the rich few. It's a new kind of politics that will include all of us into the democratic process, one that takes on the corruption of Washington D.C. and the bulls on Wall Street. For those people, politics is just a game. A game where you can inherent your position from your party, where if you're a family member you are endowed your position in the swamp. The system inherently excludes the majority of Americans because if the majority of Americans could have a say over the political process, this country would have Medicare for All and tuition-free college already. You come to learn a lot of things running for President, and I've learnt my fair share. It's that neither the Republican establishment or the Democratic establishment are our friends." This earned great applause from the crowd. "If they talk about being slow-and-steady, both take the same money as each other from Wall St and both oppose progressive grass-roots movements: they are out to get us, stop our movement and re-install their preferred candidate. But if the mood of this room tells me anything today, it's that we're not going to take it anymore!"

"We can make real change a reality in this country, but, like Baginski before us said, we need a political revolution to get this on right away. It includes winning not only the Presidency but also it means winning down-ballot, it means winning victories across this country for progressives. Because, of course, we can expect the Republicans and many factions of the Democratic Party will attempt to block our movement in the Senate and in the House. What else would you expect, our movement threatens their lucrative monopoly on power in this country. Our movement threatens their lobbyists, their big-cash donations, it threatens their you pat my back and I'll pat yours system, it threatens their fairy-tale trickle down economics. Our movement threatens their political offices!"

"So, let's carry that torch in the fight for a Second Bill of Rights, in the fight for Medicare for All, in the fight for a Green New Deal, in the fight for a better deal for worker's, in a fight for an anti-corruption programme. But it doesn't end after the Iowa Caucuses or the New Hampshire Primary, it ends after we swoop Super Tuesday and all other states, but then fight in the General and win. We will overcome the underhanded tactics they will use to maintain their political order and what works well for them, but at the end of the day, we will overcome. That's why we need all of you to join in our fight for a progressive movement to win the Presidency. Please volunteer, donate if you can, but, of course, enroll to vote too. Thank you everyone. Thank you Hanover."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Even though Sen. Barry Anderson may have endorsed my opponent, he is putting up a proud fight to stop frivolous spending in the U.S. Senate!

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Right now, some Senators are trying to pass a bill to use YOUR money to buy body cameras for police stations, forcing police departments across the country to be subjected to expensive purchases.

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
And this includes after dozens of studies, by independent groups and even left-leaning organizations, have found that the results of body-cameras for police are mixed at best. They don't stop racial violence like they've said!

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
NO MORE spending on ideas that aren't going to work and will only go to giving some Senators the chance to pat themselves on the back thinking they just solved racism! I hope that true fiscal conservatives in the Senate will hold their ground firm in defeating this poorly thought-out measure. #FightForAmerica!
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:06 pm

Goldman Fundraiser and Retail - Detroit, Michigan

"We will rebuild this entire country, this entire city..one brick at a time. Brick by brick, dollar by dollar...we will restore the glory of this city."

Goldman stepped on the ground, ready to begin mass retail in big cities like Detroit and Chicago. She first rallied her supporters in the town hall, using her app to get as many out as possible. She sold her vision to people, harvesting their stories for future use. She attempted to speak to as many people as possible, reassuring them that their concerns would be heard and resolved once she was in office.

She spoke to an old man, who neared retirement and was desiring to work his final years to get his pension, whose workplace had closed, putting him out of work just as he was about to retire. He told her about his factory shutting down, and his eyes watered right there and then. She had shaken his hand, reassuring him that he would get his just due in her administration.

She then, after speaking to everyone in the hall and collecting their funds, set out for the town, ready to begin knocking on doors. She had every single person that she could mobilise on the ground, ready. She ensured it was all streamlined, efficient, and that she could visit as many houses as possible. The more doors she knocked, the more name recognition and votes she would get.

She spent the whole day in Detroit, knocking on doors from dawn to dusk...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:10 pm

Federal States of Xathuecia wrote:
(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Even though Sen. Barry Anderson may have endorsed my opponent, he is putting up a proud fight to stop frivolous spending in the U.S. Senate!

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Right now, some Senators are trying to pass a bill to use YOUR money to buy body cameras for police stations, forcing police departments across the country to be subjected to expensive purchases.

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
And this includes after dozens of studies, by independent groups and even left-leaning organizations, have found that the results of body-cameras for police are mixed at best. They don't stop racial violence like they've said!

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
NO MORE spending on ideas that aren't going to work and will only go to giving some Senators the chance to pat themselves on the back thinking they just solved racism! I hope that true fiscal conservatives in the Senate will hold their ground firm in defeating this poorly thought-out measure. #FightForAmerica!

Liked and rewteeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:33 pm

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

92% of policemen support body cameras. Are you and Senator Anderson against spending money on keeping officers safe? Are you unpatriotic, fighting AGAINST our police officers, the people who keep us safe, rather than FOR them? #BlueLivesMatter
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:37 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

(Image)
Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

92% of policemen support body cameras. Are you and Senator Anderson against spending money on keeping officers safe? Are you unpatriotic, fighting AGAINST our police officers, the people who keep us safe, rather than FOR them? #BlueLivesMatter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Its official! #NaziCommieComboBernie thinks that police officer's can't be trusted and must wear body cameras like children! #Berniehatesthepolice
Left Without Edge

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
And that's exactly why more than 19 states are implementing body cameras for their officers. It's exactly why states like TEXAS have grants to help police departments fund them.

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
But right now, this Congress is attempting to pass legislation that will TAKE this grant power from states and into the hands of Washington, that will mandate departments, that will once again BLOAT this federal government.

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Especially when studies on these cameras are already showing mixed results for improving safety. I know you said you're a LIBERAL on spending now but I'm sad to see that turn into allowing once again Washington to TAKEOVER when states are already doing the job.
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Its official! #NaziCommieComboBernie thinks that police officer's can't be trusted and must wear body cameras like children! #Berniehatesthepolice

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

So you think 92% of police officers want to be assaulted...I'm disappointed, yet not surprised. #BlueLivesMatter
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:43 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

So you think 92% of police officers want to be assaulted...I'm disappointed, yet not surprised. #BlueLivesMatter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Thats a POLL. Polls said clifford had a 71% chance of winning.
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Yes, that's not 100%. Are you illiterate, Mr. Anderson? #IlliterateAnderson
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:48 pm

@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

92% is not 100% either. #idioticbernie #stupidilliteratebernie #omfgbernieissofuckingdense
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:50 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

92% is not 100% either. #idioticbernie #stupidilliteratebernie #omfgbernieissofuckingdense

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Yeah, a chance of winning is different from an opinion poll. You have the gall to call me dense, yet your density would cause you to collapse into a black hole. #BlackHoleBarry
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:52 pm

@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Yeah, a chance of winning is different from an opinion poll. You have the gall to call me dense, yet your density would cause you to collapse into a black hole. #BlackHoleBarry

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Chance of winning is determined by opinion polls, you fucking dumbfuck of a person. #portersstupid #gayporter
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:54 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Chance of winning is determined by opinion polls, you fucking dumbfuck of a person. #portersstupid #gayporter

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Aww, look at BABY BARRY having a TANTRUM! You want some baby milk?
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:55 pm

@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

At least i didnt get fired from my fucking job lol
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:57 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

If you think you're so smart, why don't you run for President?
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:00 pm

@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Because I dont want to split the wolf base with another pointless vanity project like your own 'campaign' (although id say it was more of a joke personally)
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:02 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Because I dont want to split the wolf base with another pointless vanity project like your own 'campaign' (although id say it was more of a joke personally)

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

You seem to be confusing a primary election with a general election. You're truly an imbecile, Mr. Anderson. Truly.
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:04 pm

@MissouriPeoplesSenator

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

You seem to be confusing a primary election with a general election. You're truly an imbecile, Mr. Anderson. Truly.

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

You aren't mentally capable of understanding what I was even on about... im going to bed. that was a long filibust.
Left Without Edge

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
@BerniePorter

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

You aren't mentally capable of understanding what I was even on about... im going to bed. that was a long filibust.

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

You're not mentally capable of creating coherent sentences.
Please Watch

Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm

@BerniePorter

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Instead of Sec. Porter responding to me after I CHALLENGED his comment, he chose to go after a Senator. Its sad that like always the Secretary chooses to IGNORE policy and true debate in favor of launching PERSONAL attacks.

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Now, he continues to use CHILDISH language against a Senator, unbefitting of a Presidential candidate for this party, all to make his point. Because his ACTUAL views didn't stand up to the tiniest bit of SCRUTINY from me. Shame on the Secretary!
Last edited by Federal States of Xathuecia on Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:06 pm

@BerniePorter

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Instead of Sec. Porter responding to me after I CHALLENGED his comment, he chose to go after a Senator. Its sad that like always the Secretary chooses to IGNORE policy and true debate in favor of launching PERSONAL attacks.

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Now, he continues to use CHILDISH language against a Senator, unbefitting of a Presidential candidate for this party, all to make his point. Because his ACTUAL views didn't stand up to the tiniest bit of SCRUTINY from me. Shame on the Secretary!

Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator
Left Without Edge

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:12 pm

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

I really have not patience for politicians who spend all time insulting each other with childish nicknames.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:13 pm

@BerniePorter

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal

Bernard J. Porter
@BerniePorter

What scrutiny are you putting up? All you are is a gay-marriage backing, financially-illiterate power-hungry closet libertarian. I bet you'd join the Libertarian Party if you could!
Please Watch

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse