NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath (OOC|Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:29 pm

Anowa wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I sent a messenger and some Partisans to Utah, how long would it take for them to get there?

1 week for every county between you and them.

thx
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:30 pm

Formerland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Nah, our society is just less prudish on cannabalism. We're talking about eating the already-dead, since killing our livestock en masse would hurt us long-term.

But yes, ketosis is about carbs. That's why I'm scrambling for carb-heavy foods. My people are going to end up stupid if they're forced to have a carb-free diet for up to a year.

Somewhat related note, lots of nutrient deficiencies can lead to cognitive impairment. For example severe salt deficiency can bring about violent mania. I bet thats more of an issue these days ( in game) . Random villages succumbing to madness and not knowing why.

Yeah, but here in Iowa we have literal mines of salt. Honestly, I think the NAMC are in quite a good position ngl
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 pm

Formerland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Nah, our society is just less prudish on cannabalism. We're talking about eating the already-dead, since killing our livestock en masse would hurt us long-term.

But yes, ketosis is about carbs. That's why I'm scrambling for carb-heavy foods. My people are going to end up stupid if they're forced to have a carb-free diet for up to a year.

Somewhat related note, lots of nutrient deficiencies can lead to cognitive impairment. For example severe salt deficiency can bring about violent mania. I bet thats more of an issue these days ( in game) . Random villages succumbing to madness and not knowing why.

Or, for those on the coast, you can distill water and salt, get some salt for da food and water for da drinking.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:34 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Formerland wrote:Somewhat related note, lots of nutrient deficiencies can lead to cognitive impairment. For example severe salt deficiency can bring about violent mania. I bet thats more of an issue these days ( in game) . Random villages succumbing to madness and not knowing why.

Yeah, but here in Iowa we have literal mines of salt. Honestly, I think the NAMC are in quite a good position ngl

Yeah on the plains and rocky mt basin there's lots of salt, and of course the coast has salt. I think it'd be more of an issue for salt in particular in possibly the south. More so other nutrient deficiencies might cause the troubles.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:01 pm

I am still around, just have been working a lot due to the Coronavirus. I should get an app up tomorrow.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:18 pm

Now, y'all wanna be salty.

:rofl:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:21 pm

Nationstates Name: Kassaran

Faction Name: Northgate Trading Company
Faction Type: Trading Company
Governing Ideology: Profit
Leader(s): Josiah Ashton
Territorial Claims: Del Norte County
Population: 2,000
Armed Population: 500
Northgate Armed Forces: The sword and shield of the Northgate Trading Company, these brave men and women stand sentry at the major access points of the Northgate territory, the bridges over the Smith and Klamath Rivers. They also conduct regular security for the caravans travelling north and south along the old coastal highways. They have the distinction of wearing the dyed purple sashes, leather-cuirasses, and wielding the daggers of the Northgate Trading Company and have undergone a drilling and training that enables them to be equally skilled ambassadors to newfound clients and customers.

The Organizational Division is as follows:
1st Company "Raptors"
2nd Company "Shagbeasts"
3rd Company "Spirits"
4th Company "Sentinels"
5th Company "Pioneers"
Responsible for protecting key crossing points along the Northern and Eastern Borders, they maintain the Smith River Citadel and it's four 2kg cannons.
Responsible for protecting key crossing points along the Klamath River, they maintain the Klamath River Citadel and it's four 2kg cannons.
Responsible for patrolling the borders and neighboring territories, they maintain the Northgate Rangers and all twenty-eight of their outposts.
Responsible for protecting the three mills and their attached paper and wood products factories, they patrol the interior of the Northgate Territory and maintain twelve 2kg cannons.
Responsible for protecting the caravans on expeditions, this is a rotational Company that maintains only its Captain as permanent staff.
  • 1st Platoon "Eagles"
    -Captain (1)
    -Lieutenant (2)
    -Sergeant (6)
    -Corporal (6)
    -Private (10)
  • 2nd Platoon "Hawks"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 3rd Platoon "Falcons"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 4th Platoon "Ospreys"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 1st Platoon "Cougars"
    -Captain (1)
    -Lieutenant (2)
    -Sergeant (6)
    -Corporal (6)
    -Private (10)
  • 2nd Platoon "Bears"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 3rd Platoon "Wolfpack"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 4th Platoon "Squatches"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 1st Platoon "Spectres"
    -Captain (1)
    -Lieutenant (2)
    -Sergeant (6)
    -Corporal (6)
    -Private (10)
  • 2nd Platoon "Revenants"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 3rd Platoon "Wraiths"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 4th Platoon "Banshees"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 1st Platoon "Black Pine"
    -Captain (1)
    -Lieutenant (2)
    -Sergeant (6)
    -Corporal (6)
    -Private (10)
  • 2nd Platoon "Red Water"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 3rd Platoon "First Light"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 4th Platoon "Holdkeep"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 1st Platoon "Paladins"
    -Captain (1)
    -Lieutenant (2)
    -Sergeant (6)
    -Corporal (6)
    -Private (10)
  • 2nd Platoon "Chevaliers"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 3rd Platoon "Hussars"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)
  • 4th Platoon "Guardians"
    -Lieutenant (1)
    -Sergeant (4)
    -Corporal (4)
    -Private (16)

Ages: 15-45

Ranks:
  • Private: The rank of all guardsmen when they first join, they are run through their indoctrination and training at the Guardsman's Academy out of Northgate Keep and are then given their ratings in a ceremony attended by the Captains of all companies within the Northgate Guards
  • Corporal: The specialized guardsmen of Northgate, the Corporals represent the versatility and adaptability of the Northgate Armed Forces and are often tasked with leading patrols within controlled territory. They are often placed in charge of teams and report to their Sergeants.
  • Sergeant: The backbone of the Northgate Armed Forces, the Sergeant represents the pinnacle of tactical leadership, often having served for at least five years or having successfully completed two expeditions. They are often in charge of sections and report to the commissioned officers.
  • Lieutenant: The junior rated officers of the Northgate Armed Forces, they are elected to position after having achieved ten years service or having successfully completed four expeditions. They can be placed in charge of a platoon and will be responsible for security over a caravan or trading vessel.
  • Captain: The senior-rated officers of the Northgate Armed Forces, they must first have been elected to the position of Lieutenant and have successfully completed two expeditions as the leader. They control an entire company and are responsible for protecting a district, station, or border.

Standard Issue Equipment:
  • Primary Arms: Single-shot Muzzle-loaded Black Powder Pistol (Commissioned); Single-shot Muzzle-loaded Black Powder Musket (Enlisted)
  • Side Arms: Guardsman's Dagger (All); Officer's Saber (Commissioned)
  • Armor: Leather Cap over Padded Cloth Coif (All); Boiled Leather Cuirass (All); Cast Iron Plate Cuirass Armor Insert (Commissioned)
  • Uniform: Guardsman's Tunic and Breeches (All); Guardsman's Coat (Enlisted); Guardsman's Longcoat (Officers); Guardsman's Sash (All); Leather Boots (All)
  • Equipment: Stuff Sack, Bedroll, Mess Kit, Tinderbox, Flint and Steel, Bar of Soap (wood-ash and animal fat), Socks (woven or knitted)

Technology Level: Post-Collapse

History: Northern California, that's what they called it before the Collapse. Now it's just wilderness, miles and miles of it. Open, ripe, and ready for the taking. We didn't hole up in the middle of nowhere to be ignored, we did it because we realized there was something to be had. Carved from the rocky seaside and sown along the lowland fields and wetlands. There was life here, waiting, struggling to be released. My grandfather found this place in his childhood, went wandering north until his feet gave out, then crawled some more until he found food and sustenance worth his while. It was his luck that he stumbled into a massive blackberry briar. Used to say that he ate so many in those first days that his skin turned purple and blue from the juice. Given his grey skin and mottled complexion, I believe him still.

Now, he wasn't just a survivalist, the man knew a thing or two about post-collapse tech. Claimed to even know about the secret technologies, taught to him by his grand-daddy, but that's all pre-Collapse superstition and myth. What he did know was how to make machines start breathing again, to revive them from ages old slumber and get their wheels turning. It's why, when he found those old saw mills, he knew what to do. Took 400 good men north, spent the entirety of his fortune and inheritance on buying the few cogs and gears he needed, and then willed Station 1 back to life. Something about sluice gates and water-powered machines. Nothing I know too much about, that's why we have the Millers though, to keep the heart of our little operation running here in the middle of nowhere.

I know, I know, it's impressive to look at. Nearly a thousand work across three stations we've managed to coax back from the brink of ruin. We have our occasional accidents and someone resets the counter, but looking on the bright side, we manufacture a good that got us this far. Grandpappy always was a man for million-geld ideas, but when he first described it to his men, they thought he'd gone crazy. You see, Northgate isn't just any old trading company, we're river-run and depend on our logging operations out in the back woods to keep us alive. When Shagbeasts or Nightlions don't come stalking too close to our settlements, we're enjoying luxury beyond belief. I'd like to think it keeps us valuable to those of our partners whom work alongside us.

So yes, on to the matter of the discussion my fine guest, uh- what was your name again? Right, right, I get so mixed up nowadays. See this paper here? I'm going to need you to go ahead and pick up that quill there and sign along here. Oh, it's just an after-davit. Means its legally binding as a contract. It's all in the common tongue as you can see. Oh? That phrase, it means you're not allowed to talk about what you're going to see. Sure, plenty of people have the technology we do, but it helps that we have the method and mechanisms to make it work so smoothly. Now come along, I'll show you to the room where we really make our money.

What was that? Oh, yes, please do. We have plenty lying around. They're scraps from the main batch. We plan to sell them for that very pur-augh, purpose. Yes, um, in the bin. Thank you. Allergies you say? Well do please keep them to yourself. Don't need another Collapse around here, the machine spirits know that much. Alright, now, if you'd please follow me, I'll show you first to the room and the beginning of your tour. Welcome to the Northgate Trading Company and please do enjoy the paper-rooms when you're done. You'll find shits far more pleasurable when you can use our specially-designed soft-sheaf paper. If your peg runs out, feel free to ask an attendant to fetch you more.

Culture: Enterprising Capitalists with the intention of revolutionizing the worlds of nobles and affluent individuals everywhere, with the reinvention of a timeless classic... they're perhaps a bit high on their own supply, but with their product, you can see why.

Theme: For a Few Dollars more

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Kassaran on Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:22 pm

So, what's going on in Vermont? Any factions/nations there?
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm

There's so many people taking pieces of the East Coast and here I sit on my home on the range alone
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:05 am

Kassaran wrote:

History: Northern California, that's what they called it before the Collapse. Now it's just wilderness, miles and miles of it. Open, ripe, and ready for the taking. We didn't hole up in the middle of nowhere to be ignored, we did it because we realized there was something to be had. Carved from the rocky seaside and sown along the lowland fields and wetlands. There was life here, waiting, struggling to be released. My grandfather found this place in his childhood, went wandering north until his feet gave out, then crawled some more until he found food and sustenance worth his while. It was his luck that he stumbled into a massive blackberry briar. Used to say that he ate so many in those first days that his skin turned purple and blue from the juice. Given his grey skin and mottled complexion, I believe him still.

Now, he wasn't just a survivalist, the man knew a thing or two about post-collapse tech. Claimed to even know about the secret technologies, taught to him by his grand-daddy, but that's all pre-Collapse superstition and myth. What he did know was how to make machines start breathing again, to revive them from ages old slumber and get their wheels turning. It's why, when he found those old saw mills, he knew what to do. Took 400 good men north, spent the entirety of his fortune and inheritance on buying the few cogs and gears he needed, and then willed Station 1 back to life. Something about sluice gates and water-powered machines. Nothing I know too much about, that's why we have the Millers though, to keep the heart of our little operation running here in the middle of nowhere.

I know, I know, it's impressive to look at. Nearly a thousand work across three stations we've managed to coax back from the brink of ruin. We have our occasional accidents and someone resets the counter, but looking on the bright side, we manufacture a good that got us this far. Grandpappy always was a man for million-geld ideas, but when he first described it to his men, they thought he'd gone crazy. You see, Northgate isn't just any old trading company, we're river-run and depend on our logging operations out in the back woods to keep us alive. When Shagbeasts or Nightlions don't come stalking too close to our settlements, we're enjoying luxury beyond belief. I'd like to think it keeps us valuable to those of our partners whom work alongside us.

So yes, on to the matter of the discussion my fine guest, uh- what was your name again? Right, right, I get so mixed up nowadays. See this paper here? I'm going to need you to go ahead and pick up that quill there and sign along here. Oh, it's just an after-davit. Means its legally binding as a contract. It's all in the common tongue as you can see. Oh? That phrase, it means you're not allowed to talk about what you're going to see. Sure, plenty of people have the technology we do, but it helps that we have the method and mechanisms to make it work so smoothly. Now come along, I'll show you to the room where we really make our money.

What was that? Oh, yes, please do. We have plenty lying around. They're scraps from the main batch. We plan to sell them for that very pur-augh, purpose. Yes, um, in the bin. Thank you. Allergies you say? Well do please keep them to yourself. Don't need another Collapse around here, the machine spirits know that much. Alright, now, if you'd please follow me, I'll show you first to the room and the beginning of your tour. Welcome to the Northgate Trading Company and please do enjoy the paper-rooms when you're done. You'll find shits far more pleasurable when you can use our specially-designed soft-sheaf paper. If your peg runs out, feel free to ask an attendant to fetch you more.

Culture: Enterprising Capitalists with the intention of revolutionizing the worlds of nobles and affluent individuals everywhere, with the reinvention of a timeless classic... they're perhaps a bit high on their own supply, but with their product, you can see why.

Drug peddlers hmmmm

Accepted.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:13 am

Map is currently up to date.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:44 am

Anowa wrote:
Kassaran wrote:

Drug peddlers hmmmm

Accepted.

Isn't there a limit on companies/corporations? It feels like we have so many.

edit: yeah, 4/5,but it feels like billions of em, lmao.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:51 am

Well, they peddle Marijuana too I guess, but their primary export that's gotten traction is their version of toilet paper. Y'know, because it's the apocalypse and all?
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:54 am

Anowa wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Surely there'd be some sort of steam car or at least they could move faster using bikes?

Motor vehicles cuts travel in half, as stated in the OP.

What about horseback as opposed to walking?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:57 am

Formerland wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:Surely there'd be some sort of steam car or at least they could move faster using bikes?

it's quite mountainous, i wonder if steam ATV is viable .

That's just such a waste of tech research points, just don't eat your horses.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Greater Socialist Albania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Socialist Albania » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:39 am

Greater Socialist Albania wrote:Anowa, does the salt flat contains NPCs or is it up to me to decide ?

Still waiting for a reply to see what will my post contain...

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:30 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Formerland wrote:it's quite mountainous, i wonder if steam ATV is viable .

That's just such a waste of tech research points, just don't eat your horses.

Wild horses are only on the West Coast.
Please Watch

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:32 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:That's just such a waste of tech research points, just don't eat your horses.

So find a domesticated horse lmao
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:22 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:That's just such a waste of tech research points, just don't eat your horses.

Wild horses could exist all across the continent, primarily competition from humans is preventing them from spreading. I strongly doubt our land use is nearly as extensive . Within a 200 year period it’s highly likely they’d have spread to many many areas. And yes of course as Quebec said, yeah domestic horses.

And about the steam ATV it was just really wonder. Nor ‘should we make one’ rather can we make one and what would it look like.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:15 pm

Greater Socialist Albania wrote:
Greater Socialist Albania wrote:Anowa, does the salt flat contains NPCs or is it up to me to decide ?

Still waiting for a reply to see what will my post contain...

Oh sorry, it's abandoned.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:17 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:Motor vehicles cuts travel in half, as stated in the OP.

What about horseback as opposed to walking?

Since they're animals, they require rest, food, and water like people. Same 'speed' as walking, but without the blisters and breaking shoes.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:What about horseback as opposed to walking?

Since they're animals, they require rest, food, and water like people. Same 'speed' as walking, but without the blisters and breaking shoes.

Endurance +100

get your soldiers used to walking and running, mate
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:44 pm

Anowa wrote:

The Pony Express would like a word with you.

bloody hell, mate.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:10 pm

Anowa wrote:

They won't be moving as fast as cars, but a horse can certainly cover more ground than a human on a daily basis especially with gear. Good luck to anybody trying to ruck more than about twenty miles in a day. A horse would be able to do that with relative ease despite the need for the same resources.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:34 pm

Mizrad wrote:
Anowa wrote:Since they're animals, they require rest, food, and water like people. Same 'speed' as walking, but without the blisters and breaking shoes.

They won't be moving as fast as cars, but a horse can certainly cover more ground than a human on a daily basis especially with gear. Good luck to anybody trying to ruck more than about twenty miles in a day. A horse would be able to do that with relative ease despite the need for the same resources.

Going at about 3 miles per hour for something like eight hours for 24 miles in a day Is relatively easy when you're used to it. So long as it's roughly less than a quarter your own bodyweight, it's fine and normal for a human. The problem is that we don't have very fit people any more who are used to that task.

This might be something to look at though.

I'd say this could be an acceptable means of implementing fast horse travel. It'd require staging the rest stations, getting the required travel permits, and securing some basic security, but otherwise, we could probably implement stagecoaches with enough resources. It's what I was planning on doing as a trading company, given that it'd be infinitely more useful to me to be able to freely and quickly travel through territories. Probably pay tribute to those in charge with making the station a tariff/toll-free shop and outlet for paper-goods, but stamp's will cost you if you're sending a message.

bloody hell, mate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse