NATION

PASSWORD

Card queries [season 3 queries available]

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Two new filters have been added:
  • +/-cte allows you to include/exclude cards of nations that have ceased to exist.
  • +/-auction allows to include/exclude cards for which there is currently an active auction.
A couple of important notes:
  • Options "cte" and "exnation" are not the same thing. A season 1 card can be marked as "exnation" even if the corresponding nation is alive, and vice versa.
  • As the API does not provide information about the auction page, the "auction" filter has been implemented using gameside HTML scraping. Because of the rate limits required by scripting rules, this makes the "auction" filter very slow, especially if there are many pages of auctions: each page adds an additional 7 seconds before you get a response from the queries page. I've requested that the admins add auction information to the API, but until (and unless) that happens, you'll have to suffer the long response times. This has been fixed, see post below.
Last edited by The Northern Light on Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Home of the WADP, Planet Eras, and the Constibillocode!
Join The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful!

Forum | Discord Chat | Citizenship | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Roleplay | Trading Cards | Handbook

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:17 am

The Northern Light wrote:
  • As the API does not provide information about the auction page, the "auction" filter has been implemented using gameside HTML scraping. Because of the rate limits required by scripting rules, this makes the "auction" filter very slow, especially if there are many pages of auctions: each page adds an additional 7 seconds before you get a response from the queries page. I've requested that the admins add auction information to the API, but until (and unless) that happens, you'll have to suffer the long response times.

Quick update on this: An option to monitor active auctions has now been added to the API (thanks Ballotonia!). Therefore, the above issue no longer applies, and the "auction" filter should be just as responsive as any other API-based filter.
Join The North Pacific!

Forum | Discord Chat | Citizenship | Executive Staff | North Pacific Army | World Assembly Ministry | Roleplay | Trading Cards | Handbook

Laodunum Calvatrum
Civilian

Founded: Apr 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Carte

Postby Laodunum Calvatrum » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:46 am

Bonjour,

Comme je suis nouveaux dans ce jeux j'ai une question, à quoi serve les carte?
Merci de votre compréhension.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:56 pm

Laodunum Calvatrum wrote:Bonjour,

Comme je suis nouveaux dans ce jeux j'ai une question, à quoi serve les carte?
Merci de votre compréhension.

à rien du tout
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:58 pm

Laodunum Calvatrum wrote:Bonjour

The cards have no purpose within the game. They are just something to collect for bragging rights. Please attempt to converse in English on this site, as that is the only supported language.

Les cartes n'ont aucun but dans le jeu. Ils sont juste quelque chose à collecter pour se vanter. Veuillez essayer de converser en anglais sur ce site, car c'est la seule langue prise en charge.

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:15 am

+/-auction allows to include/exclude cards for which there is currently an active auction.

Thank you so much.

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sun May 24, 2020 8:50 am

The card queries page has been updated to use the latest card dumps, as per the administrator announcement.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Join The North Pacific!

Pigeonstan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pigeonstan » Wed May 27, 2020 6:14 am

Warzone Codger wrote:
If for whatever reason you think having mixed-season queries would be useful, please post here.

Would this allow searching for cards which has been promoted or demoted between seasons? Or those who have lost or gained a badge or trophy?

dunno maybe a banner
WELL HI
REMEMBER IF YOU ARE IN TNP FORUM (AND A CITIZEN)
VOTE FOR PIGEONSTAN FOR DELEGATE
IN JANUARY DELEGATIAL ELECTIONS

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:16 pm

The server hosting card queries has been updated to include a valid SSL certificate. This means that you can use HTTPS URLs for both pages without getting "security alerts" from your browser.

The OP of this thread and the related dispatch have been updated to point to the HTTPS URLs. The HTTP versions remain available, though this may change in the future.
Last edited by The Northern Light on Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Join The North Pacific!

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 am

The card queries page has been updated to use the latest card dumps, as per the administrator announcement.

Please let me know if you run into any issues.
Join The North Pacific!

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:31 pm

The card queries page has been updated to allow searches based on bids and asks by specific nations. You can use this to check, for example, which cards meeting certain criteria for a collection you have already placed bids on.

Many thanks to Ballotonia for implementing the API call enabling these two new search filters.
Join The North Pacific!

Debussy
Envoy

Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Debussy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:38 am

If this forum had a like button, I would be smashing it. Thank you.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Do newer nation shave a higher chance of getting legendaries and epics?
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:46 pm

La xinga wrote:Do newer nation shave a higher chance of getting legendaries and epics?

No, the chance is the same for everyone. The formula is a bit tough now that CTE's and previous seasons are included, but essentially you have:
90% of getting an alive card --> number of alive epics/legendaries ÷ number of alive cards (not sure what are the counts right now)
10% of getting any card including CTE's --> number of all epics/legendaries ÷ number of all cards (169 legendaries or 1681 epics for roughly 180,000 cards in season 2)
Plus, there's a roughly 1% chance of getting a past season card.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:29 am

Giovanniland wrote:
La xinga wrote:Do newer nation shave a higher chance of getting legendaries and epics?

No, the chance is the same for everyone. The formula is a bit tough now that CTE's and previous seasons are included, but essentially you have:
90% of getting an alive card --> number of alive epics/legendaries ÷ number of alive cards (not sure what are the counts right now)
10% of getting any card including CTE's --> number of all epics/legendaries ÷ number of all cards (169 legendaries or 1681 epics for roughly 180,000 cards in season 2)
Plus, there's a roughly 1% chance of getting a past season card.

That's interesting for my nation, I got my first 3 epics just out of the first couple of issues I answered, and I never got an epic again. I had to buy them.
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Emblaskr
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Emblaskr » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:49 am

how do you know which cards will go up or down in price? What am I looking for that can tell me I have a good card?

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:56 pm

Emblaskr wrote:how do you know which cards will go up or down in price? What am I looking for that can tell me I have a good card?

I take it that a "good" card from your perspective is one that is worth bank or will most likely be worth bank in the future.

You can never say for certain. However, cards are a market and price is a function of two variables, the supply and the demand. If the demand for a card is going to increase, then the price will most likely increase. If the supply of a card is increasing, the demand will be increasing.

Legendaries are cards that are intrinsically valuable, additionally cards of famous ex-nations tend to be famous as well, eg. HMS Unicorn and Frattastan II.
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:35 am

We have created a new version of the card queries page, which is available under the new URL:

https://azure.nsr3n.info/card_queries/submit_advanced.sh

Compared to the original version, the advanced version allows making more complicated queries. In particular, whereas the original version allows only doing conjunctions (logical AND) between different (potentially negated, i.e., logical NOT) options, the advanced version allows using arbitrary combinations of disjunctions (logical OR) and conjunctions.

For example, using the advanced version, you can do a query of the form: "cards that have The North Pacific as region, and have either badge 'Admin' or badge 'Moderator'." Using the original version, this requires doing two queries, one for "cards that have The North Pacific as region, and have badge 'Admin'", another for "cards that have The North Pacific as region, and have badge 'Moderator'", and then manually merging the two queries.

You can also use the advanced version to combine the decks of multiple puppets (use an OR to combine deck options), implement exclusive OR (XOR) operations (e.g., "cards that have either badge 'Admin' or badge 'WA', but not both), and so on. See this page for inspiration.

Please note that the advanced version uses a different syntax than the original version.

Note also that you do not have to switch to the advanced version if the original is good enough for you, nor do you have to commit to just one or the other. Both versions will remain available, and you can use whichever you prefer.
Join The North Pacific!

Keland Vica
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Keland Vica » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:52 am

Hey there, while searching for common cards using +rarity:common today I came across several which the queries tool sorted as being 'common' despite the cards actually being 'uncommon' in rarity. The cards also come up as being uncommon when searching with +rarity:uncommon

I don't know what information, if any, I can give you to help but here are the cards that were missorted/misidentified by the tool (the ones that I found anyway).

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:20 am

Keland Vica wrote:Hey there, while searching for common cards using +rarity:common today I came across several which the queries tool sorted as being 'common' despite the cards actually being 'uncommon' in rarity. The cards also come up as being uncommon when searching with +rarity:uncommon

I don't know what information, if any, I can give you to help but here are the cards that were missorted/misidentified by the tool (the ones that I found anyway).

I'm not sure how did you find those cards in the common card query, because I just did a quick search and none of those came up in the query I used.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:18 am

Likewise, I can't reproduce the issue. Where you using the base or advanced page?
Join The North Pacific!

Keland Vica
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Keland Vica » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:56 am

I was using just the base version.

The Northern Light
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Northern Light » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:55 pm

The card queries page (both versions) have been updated to properly handle stackable badges.

Stackable badges are those that may have a numeric indicator, e.g., "General Assembly Resolution Author (x7)". For stackable badges, you can provide an additional NUMBER argument, e.g., for the previous example, you can query badge:general_assembly_resolution_author:7. If you do not provide a NUMBER argument, then the query will include every card that has the corresponding badge, regardless of number.
Join The North Pacific!

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Nice work!

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:03 pm

The card queries page (both versions) have been updated to properly handle stackable badges.

Stackable badges are those that may have a numeric indicator, e.g., "General Assembly Resolution Author (x7)". For stackable badges, you can provide an additional NUMBER argument, e.g., for the previous example, you can query badge:general_assembly_resolution_author:7. If you do not provide a NUMBER argument, then the query will include every card that has the corresponding badge, regardless of number.
Really a great idea — thanks! :)
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards