NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath (OOC|Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pyrghium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pyrghium » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:59 pm

Regretfully, I just withdraw from this RP, I don’t have the time to really put into it and enjoy it. Please eliminate my Faction (the Kingdom of New York), or else make it an NPC Faction, or else give it to someone else.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:13 pm

Pyrghium wrote:Regretfully, I just withdraw from this RP, I don’t have the time to really put into it and enjoy it. Please eliminate my Faction (the Kingdom of New York), or else make it an NPC Faction, or else give it to someone else.

That's unfortunate to hear.

Anowa wrote:In completely related news, there is now a Legit Gov't opening.

Make that two then.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:16 pm

Imma going to reserve one of the legitimized governments. Going to go for a monarchy in the northwoods of Wisconsin.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Glengo Island
Attaché

Founded: Feb 06, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Glengo Island » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:37 pm

Anowa wrote:
Pyrghium wrote:Make that two then.

In this case, can Ejército de Nuevo Aztlán be upgraded to a somewhat militaristic Zapatista legitimate government? I'll still add the additional counties, with the first two being the tribal picks, but if I need to update the history, I can.

Riverside, California
Yuma, Arizona

San Bernardino, California
Pima, Arizona

new population figures: 4,700
new armed population: 1,000
What if some ancient Filipina got really, really religious about the ocean?
What if there was a sizeable island between Taiwan and Luzon?
What if both of these generated bizarre and frankly random butterfly effects?

All of these and more are revealed on Glengo Island... ~+~~+~~+~

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Application

Postby Formerland » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:50 pm

Nationstates Name: Formerland

Faction Name: Oahe Portage
Faction Type:Trade Company
Flag (Optional): n/a
Governing Ideology: Free-Oligarchy
Leader(s):Clan speakers; Allen Sashoka , Detrich Carver, Tiffany Crocus, Martin Adderman
Territorial Claims: Pierre south dakota, eastern side ( plus islands) as indicated in spoilers

Population: 2000
Armed Population: 500
Technology Level: Post Collapse
History: Nowadays the four great clans pursue the interests of the Ghost city and the wider Oahe region, but long ago none of these four clans lived on the islands or plains or riverbanks of Oahe. Refugees from other lands they were. All came bringing their own knowledge and way of doing business. One hundred and twelve years ago the First two great clans arrived, accompanied by lesser and subsidiary clans , from a land somewhere to the north. Those clans were and have always remained close allies despite their seemingly divergent natures; Sashoka distant, dour, reverent , and meticulous in their recordings ( if any know the true origins of the clans, it is in the Sashoka records. Though they have not revealed them). And the Crocus, bright, passionate, and struck with the greatest wanderlust of all the clans ( to this day, a majority of outbound trade missions are sponsored by Crocus). They found a dark bridge and the foundations of a long ruined city which they named 'Ghost' not knowing it's true name. They repaired a large bridge and settled on an island, eyes on the nearby destroyed earthworks as well. They would control passage over the river, to funnel trade across their bridge.

Then came clan Adderman, from the south some fourty years later. They came on the river itself and brought knowledge of more sophisticated river craft beyond that of the canoes the first clans used. With this, they began their routes travelling north and south along the riverway in their strange long boats and their poles. While now Addermans mostly engage in the construction of new vessels and not the sailing of, in those early days they did often go up and down the rivers. Coal and iron from up the river, spices and drugs from below, and manufactured goods and livestock from Ghost. House Adderman is known for subterfuge, and will change it's allegiance on a dime as sure as they will keep to their bargains however.

Last came the Carvers, from the west thirty years after the Addermans . Fled their home in the dead forests among stone titans. Fleeing increased lawlessness and danger in that region. They brought with them knowledge of tree sowing and better ways to cut into the earth. Newest and least wealthy, they still operate quarries and small coal mines ( supplementing the imports). House Carver distinguished themselves from other minor clans and small guilds by providing new western trading partners, and generous donations powered by hard work directed towards community works ( they sponsored the Ghost island coal streetcar line almost exclusively, one of the great amenities of ghost)

Culture: Culture in Oahe is heavily based on the great clan you affiliate with, often even having differing architecture and cuisine. Ultimately however, there are a lot of similarities bred by environment and economy. Along the rivers edge there are a few small fishing ports and forestry camps. Beyond the river herds of cattle, sheep, and goats are ranged on the sparse grasses. Farms exist in irrigated places along the rivers edge , meat/fish, dairy, and blood still make an important part of the local diet. About seventy five percent of the population lives in Ghost , on Ghost Island, or within reasonably comfortable walking distance from it. The language is largely a derivative of english, with a small amount of spanish and native american loanwords. Citizens of Oahe consider themselves sophisticated and educated. Sashoka most of all values reading compared to the other clans, but the others aren't primitives by any means. Within the arrival of house Adderman , post collapse technologies are seeing increased use among the citizenry. The people of Oahe have an independent attitude and peaceful protests against the government are not uncommon. Though the great clans send their representatives and technically have total control, they often value the opinion of the citizens and appoint positions meritocraticly. In terms of religion, though freedom of religion does exist, a very large majority of the population including all the clan heads follow a localized variant of Christianity influenced by a local prophet. This has been the case since very early on. This sect of Christianity believes in modern revelation, and does not believe in original sin. Some saints and angels have very high positions and receive offerings almost like gods would. Priests can marry, and priestesses can exist. These priests often take other jobs as well and engage in ritualized ecstatic trance.
Theme: n/a

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:07 pm

Danceria wrote:Nazeroth...if that's a motherfucking Samuel Clemmings reference I will scream

What you mean exactly?
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:22 pm

Glengo Island wrote:
Anowa wrote:

In this case, can Ejército de Nuevo Aztlán be upgraded to a somewhat militaristic Zapatista legitimate government? I'll still add the additional counties, with the first two being the tribal picks, but if I need to update the history, I can.

Riverside, California
Yuma, Arizona

San Bernardino, California
Pima, Arizona

new population figures: 4,700
new armed population: 1,000

Sure, make sure to update the original app.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:36 pm

Anowa wrote:
Pyrghium wrote:Regretfully, I just withdraw from this RP, I don’t have the time to really put into it and enjoy it. Please eliminate my Faction (the Kingdom of New York), or else make it an NPC Faction, or else give it to someone else.

Anowa wrote:In completely related news, there is now a Legit Gov't opening.

Make that two then.

Is New York Kingdom going to be an NPC or just get thanos snapped?
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Make that two then.

If they were to be NPC'd or at least succumb to the Winter or something that would at least make room for an interesting IC turn of events rather than just outright deleting it from existence.
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:37 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:

Make that two then.

For what it’s worth, I’d say leave it as an NPC unless someone wants to take it (but remove it from the max kingdoms count)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 pm

Formerland wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Is New York Kingdom going to be an NPC or just get thanos snapped?

For what it’s worth, I’d say leave it as an NPC unless someone wants to take it (but remove it from the max kingdoms count)

Yeah that ^
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Formerland wrote:

Yeah that ^

Already snapped it.

There'll be an event to reflect this, as I now have an idea.
Last edited by Anowa on Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:42 pm

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Yeah that ^

Already snapped it.

There'll be an event to reflect this, as I now have an idea.

let's get an F in the chat
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:53 pm

I cannot seem to find the time scale, at what speed does the in game world run in relation to the real world? I may have just missed it somehwere

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:55 pm

Formerland wrote:I cannot seem to find the time scale, at what speed does the in game world run in relation to the real world? I may have just missed it somehwere

OP said it's at the RP's discretion
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:58 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Formerland wrote:I cannot seem to find the time scale, at what speed does the in game world run in relation to the real world? I may have just missed it somehwere

OP said it's at the RP's discretion

What about for expansions then. I have presumed it wont take IRL years to expand one slot. Or if it's yet to be decided that's ok .

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:19 am

Formerland wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:OP said it's at the RP's discretion

What about for expansions then. I have presumed it wont take IRL years to expand one slot. Or if it's yet to be decided that's ok .

Week by week basis aprox.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:16 am

rip New York dude

also, I'm still here. I made a post IC. Can't decide who's the bigger threat, east or west of me? I'd say Cali, though. Who knows what that trading company is doing there.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am

I'm gonna parlay w/ the best of 'em and do Diplomatic stuffs.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:19 am

Hypercapital wrote:rip New York dude

also, I'm still here. I made a post IC. Can't decide who's the bigger threat, east or west of me? I'd say Cali, though. Who knows what that trading company is doing there.

naturally this makes room for the true heirs to New York to take the reigns
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

The Baton Rouge Free State
Envoy

Founded: Nov 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Baton Rouge Free State » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:18 am

Nationstates Name: The Baton Rouge Free State

Faction Name: Skylink City
Faction Type: Tribe
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Executive Lead Republic (Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Representative Republic, Pragmatism, Meritocracy, and Egalitarianism)
Leader(s): Everett Kane
Territorial Claims: Dallas County
Population: 4,000
Armed Population: 380
Sentryman - 200
Armed with bows, a quiver full of arrows, a short sword, and a dagger, the sentry man makes up the core of the soldiery in the tribe and usually patrols the areas surrounding key towns or policing the towns themselves, rarely are they found outside the towns. For protection they were a mail, made from scraped metal found in the area and then laced together, below the mail shirt they were a gambeson for padded protection, these two in conjunction help the soldiers stay protected from melee attacks such as dog bites, for leg protection they usually wear thick padded pants and shin gaurds, as well as boots for footwear. They also wear gloves and a distinctive metal helmet.
Metal Bearer - 100
Armed with a pike, sword, dagger, as well as a sling and several sharpened stones, the metal bearers are the major melee soldiers of the tribe. There primary function is to serve on policing and scouting missions as well as protecting VIPs. For clothing they were thick shirts and pants with padding in various areas, mail gloves and a mail shirt, and above the mail shirt is a plated chest armor. They also where a metal helmet, but most distinctive is their large padded leather boots offering a lot of foot and leg protection.
Handgunners - 10
Armed with salvaged air guns, these soldiers are more Sentrymen with extra training. Due to the technical inexperience of the tribe, the stock of working ranged weapons which arent bows is not very large, however scavengers have managed to bring back a few peices of working equipment. In regards to uniforms and other equipment they are virtually the same as the sentry men and more or less act as sentry men but with air guns and as such are considered stronger.
Cavalrymen - 70
Armed with pikes, swords, and bows and a quiver, Cavalrymen are required to be jacks of all trades. They ride horses and are expected to be quit versatile in their speed and movement. They operate on scouting and patrolling missions. For protection they wear mail and a gambeson as well as a helmet, for their legs they have thicker armor which goes up to their thighs. They wear thick boots for foot protection as well.
Technology Level: Middle Ages

History: (Two Paragraphs Minimum)
Culture:
Theme: (Optional)

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)

WIP

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:00 pm

Right, so with things now having slowed, I suppose I'll move forward to Week 2 tomorrow.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Formerland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Formerland » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:44 pm

If my app is ok I should be able to start posting semi regularly.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:07 pm

Formerland wrote:If my app is ok I should be able to start posting semi regularly.

Currently reading through it
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:09 pm

Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse