NATION

PASSWORD

No More Bullsh*t: Jocospor for WA Secretary-General

Your source for the latest news, rumors, vile slander and potential scandals in this historic second World Assembly Secretary-General election!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Monsone
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Monsone » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:55 pm

Alright, two things

1. This was a vote well spent.

2. Thanks for not requiring me to purge my telegrams daily by not sending a campaing telegram constantly. Much appreciated.

#JocoShrew2020
Mohn-sohn-eh

Nuclear Power, Electric Vehicles, Single-Payer Universal Healthcare, High-Speed Rail, Social Services, Public Transit, Social Democracy, and Social Democracy.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:05 pm

Monsone wrote:Alright, two things

2. Thanks for not requiring me to purge my telegrams daily by not sending a campaing telegram constantly. Much appreciated.

#JocoShrew2020

You're really welcome, Monsone! I'm REALLY hoping I don't need to send a campaign telegram - as you can see, we're trailing a little to Val Z.

Please spread the word! #NOMOREBULLSH*T!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!
CONFEDERATION OF CORRUPT DICTATORS | IMPERIAL OFFICES
JOCOSPOR | CENTRAL IMPERIAL DIREKTORATE

The Shadow Cult is rising...

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:17 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Monsone wrote:Alright, two things

#JocoShrew2020

You're really welcome, Monsone! I'm REALLY hoping I don't need to send a campaign telegram - as you can see, we're trailing a little to Val Z.

So what I'm supposed to get out of this is that you're going to respect the Go aWAy campaign until it becomes apparent that you might not end up in the Final Five? This doesn't sound like the "NO TAG:WA DAY 3" pledge you gave us earlier!
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:21 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Jocospor wrote:

So what I'm supposed to get out of this is that you're going to respect the Go aWAy campaign until it becomes apparent that you might not end up in the Final Five? This doesn't sound like the "NO TAG:WA DAY 3" pledge you gave us earlier!

I know. It's very sad :(

But if every other candidate is sending a tag:wa, it's very difficult to stay in the race. And sometimes you have to think about the common good, that being the member nations of the World Assembly.

Fingers crossed it doesn't come to it, though!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Atlantian Oceania
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 28, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atlantian Oceania » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:So what I'm supposed to get out of this is that you're going to respect the Go aWAy campaign until it becomes apparent that you might not end up in the Final Five? This doesn't sound like the "NO TAG:WA DAY 3" pledge you gave us earlier!

But if every other candidate is sending a tag:wa, it's very difficult to stay in the race. And sometimes you have to think about the common good, that being the member nations of the World Assembly.

Valentine Z hasn't send a single Mass TG.
Last edited by Atlantian Oceania on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Region: Atlantian Oceania "Home of NS Sports Greatest Champions"

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Jocospor wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:So what I'm supposed to get out of this is that you're going to respect the Go aWAy campaign until it becomes apparent that you might not end up in the Final Five? This doesn't sound like the "NO TAG:WA DAY 3" pledge you gave us earlier!

The first part of your campaign slogan is "No More Deceit." Should we trust you on that when you've expressed a willingness to break a promise about campaigning that you made a bit more than twelve hours ago? If this is to respond to a perceived advantage in campaigning that Valentine Z may have against you, he hasn't sent out any tag:wa telegrams at any stage either (Ninjaed by VilTur above!).
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:45 pm

Atlantian Oceania wrote:
Jocospor wrote:I know. It's very sad :(

That's the single exception of all top eight relatively competitive candidates. However, Valentine Z also has the backing of several influential members of the WA Elite, and some questionable support elsewhere:

ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Atlantian Oceania wrote:

That's the single exception of all top eight relatively competitive candidates. However, Valentine Z also has the backing of several influential members of the WA Elite, and some questionable support elsewhere:

https://i.imgur.com/xWWoZ4n.png

"The group X is bad. Y is supported by some members of X. Ergo, Y is bad and I have to bend my own rules to stop Y's badness!" :roll:

Caelapes
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Caelapes » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm

I haven't sent a mass telegram.

The Rose Commune of Caelapes
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum.
aka Misley

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:54 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:That's the single exception of all top eight relatively competitive candidates. However, Valentine Z also has the backing of several influential members of the WA Elite, and some questionable support elsewhere:

(Image)

Questionable support?

Oh, you are here to slander me and my friends in F7 and NS Sports. Why am I not surprised.

I am NOT going to play that game.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

ShrewLlamaLand
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby ShrewLlamaLand » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Caelapes wrote:I haven't sent a mass telegram.

I had thought I'd seen telegrams supporting your campaign sent out, if that's wrong my apologies - my mistake. You do, however, have a massive incumbency bonus and the backing of several influential regions comprising part of the WA Elite.

Valentine Z wrote:
ShrewLlamaLand wrote:That's the single exception of all top eight relatively competitive candidates. However, Valentine Z also has the backing of several influential members of the WA Elite, and some questionable support elsewhere:

(Image)

Questionable support?

The current top candidate apparently supporting your campaign instead of their own isn't questionable?
ShrewLlamaLand
Confederation of Corrupt Dictators | Commission to the World Assembly

"The flag once raised will never fall!"

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:04 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Questionable support?

The current top candidate apparently supporting your campaign instead of their own isn't questionable?

There's nothing wrong with not voting for yourself.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:04 pm

Caelapes wrote:I haven't sent a mass telegram.

Hey Caelapes! Great work btw. But you do have a shiny, platinum-printed "Incumbent" badge to your name! :p

Valentine Z wrote:

(Image)

Questionable support?

Oh, you are here to slander me and my friends in F7 and NS Sports. Why am I not surprised.

Hey again Val Z. Shrew means Ironically. It's just interested that Kuriko has voted for you is all! Remember, #JOCO2020 is a campaign of respect. I hope that can be reciprocated too! :hug:

Tinhampton wrote:
Jocospor wrote:I know. It's very sad :(

The first part of your campaign slogan is "No More Deceit." Should we trust you on that when you've expressed a willingness to break a promise about campaigning that you made a bit more than twelve hours ago? If this is to respond to a perceived advantage in campaigning that Valentine Z may have against you, he hasn't sent out any tag:wa telegrams at any stage either (Ninjaed by VilTur above!).

Great point Tinhampton. The only problem is is that you're excluding relativism from your theory. The fact of the matter is that Kuriko completely flipped her manifesto last night to be more like mine. If other candidates weren't playing difficult, I wouldn't need to either. So yes, when this relativism is factored in, you can still trust me. I've been fighting this fight for over four years. I know how I feel about the World Assembly.

Val Z hasn't sent out any telegrams (amazing effort honestly), but I think it's important to note that their campaign dispatch tags hundred of nations, and is effectively the same as sending a reminder telegram. Why #JOCO2020 couldn't do this: We don't KNOW who our supporters are. We speak to a much wider audience than any of the other candidates. Unfortunately, categorical telegrams are the best way for us to reach our supporters.

#JOCO2020 is not relying on the vote of various factions. It's relying on the vote of ordinary World Assembly member nations, plain and simple.

No more deceit. No more Elite. NO MORE BULLSH*T!
HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

The Gilded Star
Envoy

Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Gilded Star » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm

ShrewLlamaLand wrote:The current top candidate apparently supporting your campaign instead of their own isn't questionable?

Personally I find someone voting for someone other than themselves refreshing.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:12 pm

Jocospor wrote:Val Z hasn't sent out any telegrams (amazing effort honestly), but I think it's important to note that their campaign dispatch tags hundred of nations, and is effectively the same as sending a reminder telegram. Why #JOCO2020 couldn't do this: We don't KNOW who our supporters are. We speak to a much wider audience than any of the other candidates. Unfortunately, categorical telegrams are the best way for us to reach our supporters.

I thought I already addressed this! That was NOT what I have in plan, and I never have the plans to manipulate the people inside my dispatch to vote for me. In fact, you will be quick to realise that a good percentage of them inside are those that either never cared for this campaign, or non-WAers (they don't have WA nations, basically), or people that has already voted for me in the first place. The regional mentions are me writing them AFTER they have supported me, not the other way around. A good 80% of the nations tagged in there fall into those categories. Yes, I did name-dropped a few more, but that's after they have supported me one way or another.

In other words, I have used this platform to further pay my gratitude towards those that I loved and liked well over my years. ♥

Yes, some of the votes do came in after asking a few friends here and there, but I let it come naturally to me, and because I have made genuine friends from all over the entirety of NationStates. And by fucking Fate, I will make goddamn sure that I stay that way with my friends!

> I hope that can be reciprocated too!

At this point? I am not so sure anymore, in all honesty.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:14 pm

PRE-PRINTING EDIT TO ADD: Agreed 100% with TGS and Valentine Z above. :) The No More Bull lot, however...
Jocospor wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:Questionable support?

Hey again Val Z. Shrew means Ironically. It's just interested that Kuriko has voted for you is all! Remember, #JOCO2020 is a campaign of respect. I hope that can be reciprocated too! :hug:

A campaign of respect? This whole conversation began because you hinted at waiving your "NO TAG:WA DAY 3" promise - a promise you instated once again under the "campaign of respect" banner!

Jocospor wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:The first part of your campaign slogan is "No More Deceit." Should we trust you on that when you've expressed a willingness to break a promise about campaigning that you made a bit more than twelve hours ago? If this is to respond to a perceived advantage in campaigning that Valentine Z may have against you, he hasn't sent out any tag:wa telegrams at any stage either (Ninjaed by VilTur above!).

Great point Tinhampton. The only problem is is that you're excluding relativism from your theory. The fact of the matter is that Kuriko completely flipped her manifesto last night to be more like mine. If other candidates weren't playing difficult, I wouldn't need to either. So yes, when this relativism is factored in, you can still trust me. I've been fighting this fight for over four years. I know how I feel about the World Assembly.

I very much doubt that Kuriko - one of our more active antifascists, of course - changed her manifesto because she was quivering in fear at your detailed plan to... erm, give yourself a blank cheque to write selfies? :roll:

Jocospor wrote:Val Z hasn't sent out any telegrams (amazing effort honestly), but I think it's important to note that their campaign dispatch tags hundred of nations, and is effectively the same as sending a reminder telegram. Why #JOCO2020 couldn't do this: We don't KNOW who our supporters are. We speak to a much wider audience than any of the other candidates. Unfortunately, categorical telegrams are the best way for us to reach our supporters.

Valentine Z also knows a lot of nations; I'm assuming that the dispatch tagging was a sign of gratitude, not a call to voting action. Look at my flag closely and you'll note that I'm actually one of Auralia's fanboys!

Jocospor wrote:No more deceit. No more Elite. NO MORE BULLSH*T!

Deceit? Failing dismally on that count.
Elite? Only through association, conspiracy theory, and conspiracy fiction.
Bullsh...t? Laughable attempts at avoidance.
Zero outta three ain't bad...

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm

Oh, and right. I don't want to make this too much about myself on another nation's thread, but also of note is that I have been approached by multiple smaller regions that supported me. They asked me if they could pool their funds / budget and donate some stamps to me, or do the tag:WA campaign on my behalf.

I turned them down on all occasions. They are still free to promote me and ask other their friends and smaller regions to vote for me, but this was all voluntary.

-----

Have a good day.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Haruhi Japan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 17, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Haruhi Japan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:56 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Oh, and right. I don't want to make this too much about myself on another nation's thread, but also of note is that I have been approached by multiple smaller regions that supported me. They asked me if they could pool their funds / budget and donate some stamps to me, or do the tag:WA campaign on my behalf.

I turned them down on all occasions. They are still free to promote me and ask other their friends and smaller regions to vote for me, but this was all voluntary.

-----

Have a good day.

Wow, how noble! :hug:
"No! Everyone will tell you to let it go and move on, but don't! Instead, let it fester and boil inside of you! Take these feelings and lock them away. Let them fuel your actions. Let hate be your ally, and you will be capable of wonderful, horrid things."

Puppy Dogs
Civilian

Founded: Jan 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Puppy Dogs » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:21 am

I read the entire list of candidates out to my dogs, and "Jocospor" made them extremely happy! Ecstatic! Ten tail wags! TEN!!!

He's got my vote.

I do love dogmocracy!

Now, time for walkies.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:31 am

HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 am

Me as Emperor Palpatine? Unlimited Power?

Ohh, I am so flattered! Now this changes everything. :P

Finally, someone recognised the sheer power of Love.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

The Xaviet Empire
Attaché

Founded: Jan 08, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Xaviet Empire » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:15 am

Puppy Dogs wrote:I read the entire list of candidates out to my dogs, and "Jocospor" made them extremely happy! Ecstatic! Ten tail wags! TEN!!!

He's got my vote.

I do love dogmocracy!

Now, time for walkies.

Ngl wholesome as F*ck
Hail the Empire!

Heilt Jocospor

LVK212
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby LVK212 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:21 am

Lol nice job not breaking a campagin promise on not sending a mass telagram.

Jocospor
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Jocospor » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:24 am

Valentine Z wrote:Me as Emperor Palpatine? Unlimited Power?

Ohh, I am so flattered! Now this changes everything. :P

Finally, someone recognised the sheer power of Love.

Haha! But I don't really think Palpy was preaching a doctrine of love! :p

Puppy Dogs wrote:I read the entire list of candidates out to my dogs, and "Jocospor" made them extremely happy! Ecstatic! Ten tail wags! TEN!!!

He's got my vote.

I do love dogmocracy!

Now, time for walkies.

This is very possibly the most delightful thing I've ever encountered on NationStates. THANK YOU PUPPYDOGS! #nomoredoggydood*o

LVK212 wrote:Lol nice job not breaking a campagin promise on not sending a mass telagram.

It's really unfortunate. I didn't want to do it. See my official statement here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1340262

HAIL THE CONFEDERATION!

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:08 am

This is so very sad, there was once a time I could convince about 30-40 people to vote a certain way, now I'm struggling to get 5 people to help end the WA elite.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Election Headquarters