NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath (OOC|Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:I should probably get some more "NPC" states up, shouldn't I?

Personally I think you should consider raising the cap on some of the better states, like Legit Govs and Megacorps but you're the OP so you make the decision.

Maybe. I wouldn't think it fair for the people who already apped as 'lesser' factions though.

The Trading Company equivalent of an Empire is def staying as it is, a big old goose egg.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Personally I think you should consider raising the cap on some of the better states, like Legit Govs and Megacorps but you're the OP so you make the decision.

Maybe. I wouldn't think it fair for the people who already apped as 'lesser' factions though.

The Trading Company equivalent of an Empire is def staying as it is, a big old goose egg.

furthermore i think bandit clans are OP and all player bandit clans should be hit with a thousand doomsday prophets
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:Maybe. I wouldn't think it fair for the people who already apped as 'lesser' factions though.

furthermore i think bandit clans are OP and all player bandit clans should be hit with a thousand doomsday prophets

You're just jealous you aren't a bandit clan yourself.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:Maybe. I wouldn't think it fair for the people who already apped as 'lesser' factions though.

If only you knew how OP they could actually get.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Hoosier Alliance
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Hoosier Alliance » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:53 pm

I think that'd be a good idea.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:furthermore i think bandit clans are OP and all player bandit clans should be hit with a thousand doomsday prophets

Sounds good to me. I could just enslave all of them without a second thought and increase my population.
Last edited by The Hoosier Alliance on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery
- Thomas Jefferson
What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms
- Thomas Jefferson
Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it
-Mark Twain
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety
- Benjamin Franklin
To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them
-George Mason
I ask who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people.
-George Mason

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:53 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:Sounds good to me. I could just enslave all of them without a second thought and increase my population.

Laughs in Khanate
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:55 pm

The Hoosier Alliance wrote:

I think that'd be a good idea.

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:furthermore i think bandit clans are OP and all player bandit clans should be hit with a thousand doomsday prophets

Sounds good to me. I could just enslave all of them without a second thought and increase my population.

So it seems great minds do think alike.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Mizrad
Senator

Founded: Jan 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mizrad » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:56 pm

Not my best work I apologize, wanted to get this up while I had the time.

Character Name: Walter "The Patriot" Quincy
Birthdate/Age: December, 2190
Faction Alleigance: Himself
Physical Description/Image: Six feet tall, a fairly muscular one hundred and seventy five pounds depending on how well fed he has been. A longer haired, scraggly Chris Evans would be accurate.
Occupation: Walt has found himself hired to perform just about any task the wasteland has to offer. His particularly lucrative pursuits include cartography, diplomacy and courier missions, high-risk scavenging, and more.
Birthplace: Quincy, Massachusetts
Biography: Walter was born to a small family in a survival enclave south of Boston, Massachusetts in North Quincy sometime in the Winter of 2190. Maybe it was the New England weather, or perhaps growing up on the border of corrupted territory, Walter Quincy's upbringing was never what someone would consider "soft". Most of those that survived the initial collapse of society chose to flee the large coastal cities leaving their former lives behind. Those that could not make it out largely died out, though a small number managed to last beyond the initial panic and establish survivor communities. As the years went on, the remnants of civilization that chose to hack it within the boundaries of infected territory began to succumb to illness. Those that survived were either incredibly fortunate, or better yet, immune. The realization that most average people would not dare trek into the wastes of America's former cities brought about relative stability for the small enclaves dotted across Boston. The lack of human competition meant that, although corrupted beasts would be a problem, land and loot alike were ripe for the taking so long as particular caution was paid to not stirring up the infected. Life was far from perfect, but it allowed for all the practical education a future traveler such as Walter would need.

Boston may not have boasted the fame of New York City or Los Angeles prior to the collapse, but it did have resources that would last long after the demise of their owners. Books, raw materials, technology, anything the mind could imagine had been left behind within the confines of Boston. All Walter had to do was go get it. From a young age, Walt's father and some of the other scavengers in their enclave took him along on their scouting trips into the city. Danger was constantly present, but the rewards were incredibly high. Walter would soon benefit from the closest thing to a real education that could be given to a young wastelander like himself. He became infatuated with the history of the United States and the world as a whole. In addition to his developing skills as a scavenger and fighter, he simultaneously dedicated himself to mastering the art of politics. Young Walt dreamed that one day he would lead his small enclave to greatness just as the founding fathers had in the very same spot they had hundreds of years prior.

As Walter grew up, the Quincy Enclave began experiencing food shortages significantly more often than they had in years past. In an attempt to bolster their food reserves for the winter, a handful of men decided to take to the seas in the hopes that fishing would fill the gaps. At first they simply used dinghies and jury-rigged sailboats, but they eventually managed to restore a fishing vessel to its former glory. This small boat would serve its purpose well, and at seventeen Walter joined the crew to do his part in helping the enclave. At first they were successful, but there was no way to know they were about to fall victim to a major storm. They were washed across Buzzards Bay directly on to the alien shores of the bandit clans of Cape Cod. They were tortured, interrogated, the elders were executed. Walter and a number of the other young men were spared only to be drafted into the ranks of the bandit clan. After months of forced labor, he and the only other Quincy Enclave survivor were integrated into the raiding parties. If Quincy had taught Walter the power of the pen, Cape Cod taught him the power of the sword. He would go on to spend two brutal years under the shackles of the bandits pillaging small tribes and enclaves just like the one he once called home. Despite his abhorrence of their activities, Walter had become talented in the art of killing. Swords, bows, guns, hand to hand, he would experience it all with the bandits if he hadn't already in Quincy. He was a ticking time bomb that the raiders were inadvertently turning into their own downfall.

Now nineteen years old and with two years of experience under his belt, Walter appeared completely indoctrinated to those around him. This would soon change when they attacked the place he called home. In his isolation, Walt was unaware that the Quincy Enclave had become a tributary of the same bandit clan he was serving under. They rose up in rebellion and, to Walt's horror, were brutally suppressed. He was forced to kill those that raised him, to watch his family die at the hands of those that stole his freedom. Just like the rebels that kicked the British out centuries ago, he would do the same, he finally had enough. Fortunately for him, the bandits forgot the cardinal rule of operating in corrupted territory: you are at the bottom of the food chain. While his captors were busy enjoying the spoils of their victory, Walt gathered up his things and waited for nightfall. With the bandits too busy cleaning up their mess, Walt reluctantly ignited the stores of the Quincy Enclave. A loud explosion, followed by a massive fire visible for miles in every direction lit up the night sky and beckoned out for the corrupted to investigate. Walt assisted some of the survivors in their own escapes, and as the infected came crashing in, he headed south to start anew.

Out of the fires that destroyed Quincy as a community, Walter Quincy was born again. Abandoning his former surname and adopting "Quincy", Walt travelled south with a revision of his past dream. He would not just lead a tiny little enclave to stability, he would return as many of the factions dotted across the country to prosperity as he feasibly could or die trying. Walt was no naive boy despite his young age, he knew he had to start small. First traveling to the various remnants of society scattered across New York, he made a name for himself completing any task the community could not afford to pull off on their own. Walt would go on to spend years dealing with predominantly bottom of the barrel odd jobs, scavenging, bounty hunting and the like. His first real taste of a valued position was advising law enforcement and military efforts, which he did with a passion, but the knowledge and soft skills he developed all those years ago never faded from memory. Once he had gained enough repertoire with the leadership of various east-coast tribes and kingdoms, he began assisting in diplomatic measures and expanding territory. Years of experience both studying and living through conflict had turned Walter into the post-apocalyptic love child of George Washington and Otto Bismarck, earning him his cherished nickname of "The Patriot". Over a decade on, his name still does not mean much further south than New York, but within the northeast he enjoys an established reputation as a talented statesman, strategist, and fighter.

In terms of personality, Walt is generally an approachable and humorous person. A naturally intelligent and cunning individual, his various pursuits in life have developed his talents from natural ability to a level that would be considered advanced even by pre-collapse standards. More so than material wealth, he tries to surround himself with people that he can intellectually draw from. Despite his grand dreams of unification and peace, he is cold to those that oppose him. Years on the road and his violent past have certainly taken a toll on his mental health. Walt will lend his loyalty to anyone that offers him something for his services so long as he believes they fall in line with his beliefs. A lack of true friends and family has rendered him emotionally reserved and he is slow to trust new faces. Likewise, he has never truly had a chance to settle down anywhere either and is not entirely inclined to deny companions. Now at thirty three years old, he has began to start thinking more along the lines of personal preservation instead of creating a land "by the people, for the people". He has difficulty reconciling with his past, vivid memories of which haunt him to this very day. Those familiar with him tend to suspect his attempts to create a better world are what he chooses to bury his guilt and emotions into.

Walt has a knack for anything that can expand his knowledge of the world, more specifically, anything that might one day give him an upper hand in a tricky situation. This is primarily manifested through his knack for books and any little bits of technology that he can tinker with, though math and science remain a weak point for him. Three decades of experience with the corrupted, bandits, various kingdoms, and the wilderness itself has taught Walt more than what he needs to survive. He is more of a diplomat than a confrontational person by nature, but he has survived thus far for a reason. Both in conversation and in combat, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Equipment: (Figured you'd want this for individual characters as a replacement for tech-level)
-Winter overcoat, clothing
-Ruck with survival gear, other necessities, books
-Steel chest plate, leather arm and leg braces
-.45 Colt Single Action Army
-Homemade bow
-Prefers to keep himself distanced from melee combat, but keeps a combat knife and a hatchet on hand none the less for survival and fighting alike.
-A safe house in the infected wastes of Boston holds most of his valued possessions such as artifacts, books, and technology acquired over the years. He rarely returns there but will occasionally deposit items he would prefer not to risk losing in his travels.
Theme: Figured this was starkly accurate

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)
"No good decision was ever made in a swivel chair" -George Patton
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!

Nosy little fucker aren't you?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:59 pm

Also, just a heads up for those of you still with reservations, you can still finish the corresponding apps. The filled positions are included with you lot in mind, so don't think you've been muscled out of place.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Mordka
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mordka » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:01 pm

Character Name: Bailey Smith
Birthdate/Age: 25
Faction Alleigance: New York City
Physical Description/Image: /home/chronos/u-ac92c086aa25c98225d082c523bbd35a4600b651/MyFiles/Downloads/my_character.svg
Birthplace: New York City
Biography: Bailey Smith is one of the many solders in the New York City ESU.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:05 pm

Mordka wrote:
Physical Description/Image: /home/chronos/u-ac92c086aa25c98225d082c523bbd35a4600b651/MyFiles/Downloads/my_character.svg

nice
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:22 am

Mizrad wrote:Not my best work I apologize, wanted to get this up while I had the time.

Character Name: Walter "The Patriot" Quincy
Birthdate/Age: December, 2190
Faction Alleigance: Himself
Physical Description/Image: Six feet tall, a fairly muscular one hundred and seventy five pounds depending on how well fed he has been. A longer haired, scraggly Chris Evans would be accurate.
Occupation: Walt has found himself hired to perform just about any task the wasteland has to offer. His particularly lucrative pursuits include cartography, diplomacy and courier missions, high-risk scavenging, and more.
Birthplace: Quincy, Massachusetts
Biography: Walter was born to a small family in a survival enclave south of Boston, Massachusetts in North Quincy sometime in the Winter of 2190. Maybe it was the New England weather, or perhaps growing up on the border of corrupted territory, Walter Quincy's upbringing was never what someone would consider "soft". Most of those that survived the initial collapse of society chose to flee the large coastal cities leaving their former lives behind. Those that could not make it out largely died out, though a small number managed to last beyond the initial panic and establish survivor communities. As the years went on, the remnants of civilization that chose to hack it within the boundaries of infected territory began to succumb to illness. Those that survived were either incredibly fortunate, or better yet, immune. The realization that most average people would not dare trek into the wastes of America's former cities brought about relative stability for the small enclaves dotted across Boston. The lack of human competition meant that, although corrupted beasts would be a problem, land and loot alike were ripe for the taking so long as particular caution was paid to not stirring up the infected. Life was far from perfect, but it allowed for all the practical education a future traveler such as Walter would need.

Boston may not have boasted the fame of New York City or Los Angeles prior to the collapse, but it did have resources that would last long after the demise of their owners. Books, raw materials, technology, anything the mind could imagine had been left behind within the confines of Boston. All Walter had to do was go get it. From a young age, Walt's father and some of the other scavengers in their enclave took him along on their scouting trips into the city. Danger was constantly present, but the rewards were incredibly high. Walter would soon benefit from the closest thing to a real education that could be given to a young wastelander like himself. He became infatuated with the history of the United States and the world as a whole. In addition to his developing skills as a scavenger and fighter, he simultaneously dedicated himself to mastering the art of politics. Young Walt dreamed that one day he would lead his small enclave to greatness just as the founding fathers had in the very same spot they had hundreds of years prior.

As Walter grew up, the Quincy Enclave began experiencing food shortages significantly more often than they had in years past. In an attempt to bolster their food reserves for the winter, a handful of men decided to take to the seas in the hopes that fishing would fill the gaps. At first they simply used dinghies and jury-rigged sailboats, but they eventually managed to restore a fishing vessel to its former glory. This small boat would serve its purpose well, and at seventeen Walter joined the crew to do his part in helping the enclave. At first they were successful, but there was no way to know they were about to fall victim to a major storm. They were washed across Buzzards Bay directly on to the alien shores of the bandit clans of Cape Cod. They were tortured, interrogated, the elders were executed. Walter and a number of the other young men were spared only to be drafted into the ranks of the bandit clan. After months of forced labor, he and the only other Quincy Enclave survivor were integrated into the raiding parties. If Quincy had taught Walter the power of the pen, Cape Cod taught him the power of the sword. He would go on to spend two brutal years under the shackles of the bandits pillaging small tribes and enclaves just like the one he once called home. Despite his abhorrence of their activities, Walter had become talented in the art of killing. Swords, bows, guns, hand to hand, he would experience it all with the bandits if he hadn't already in Quincy. He was a ticking time bomb that the raiders were inadvertently turning into their own downfall.

Now nineteen years old and with two years of experience under his belt, Walter appeared completely indoctrinated to those around him. This would soon change when they attacked the place he called home. In his isolation, Walt was unaware that the Quincy Enclave had become a tributary of the same bandit clan he was serving under. They rose up in rebellion and, to Walt's horror, were brutally suppressed. He was forced to kill those that raised him, to watch his family die at the hands of those that stole his freedom. Just like the rebels that kicked the British out centuries ago, he would do the same, he finally had enough. Fortunately for him, the bandits forgot the cardinal rule of operating in corrupted territory: you are at the bottom of the food chain. While his captors were busy enjoying the spoils of their victory, Walt gathered up his things and waited for nightfall. With the bandits too busy cleaning up their mess, Walt reluctantly ignited the stores of the Quincy Enclave. A loud explosion, followed by a massive fire visible for miles in every direction lit up the night sky and beckoned out for the corrupted to investigate. Walt assisted some of the survivors in their own escapes, and as the infected came crashing in, he headed south to start anew.

Out of the fires that destroyed Quincy as a community, Walter Quincy was born again. Abandoning his former surname and adopting "Quincy", Walt travelled south with a revision of his past dream. He would not just lead a tiny little enclave to stability, he would return as many of the factions dotted across the country to prosperity as he feasibly could or die trying. Walt was no naive boy despite his young age, he knew he had to start small. First traveling to the various remnants of society scattered across New York, he made a name for himself completing any task the community could not afford to pull off on their own. Walt would go on to spend years dealing with predominantly bottom of the barrel odd jobs, scavenging, bounty hunting and the like. His first real taste of a valued position was advising law enforcement and military efforts, which he did with a passion, but the knowledge and soft skills he developed all those years ago never faded from memory. Once he had gained enough repertoire with the leadership of various east-coast tribes and kingdoms, he began assisting in diplomatic measures and expanding territory. Years of experience both studying and living through conflict had turned Walter into the post-apocalyptic love child of George Washington and Otto Bismarck, earning him his cherished nickname of "The Patriot". Over a decade on, his name still does not mean much further south than New York, but within the northeast he enjoys an established reputation as a talented statesman, strategist, and fighter.

In terms of personality, Walt is generally an approachable and humorous person. A naturally intelligent and cunning individual, his various pursuits in life have developed his talents from natural ability to a level that would be considered advanced even by pre-collapse standards. More so than material wealth, he tries to surround himself with people that he can intellectually draw from. Despite his grand dreams of unification and peace, he is cold to those that oppose him. Years on the road and his violent past have certainly taken a toll on his mental health. Walt will lend his loyalty to anyone that offers him something for his services so long as he believes they fall in line with his beliefs. A lack of true friends and family has rendered him emotionally reserved and he is slow to trust new faces. Likewise, he has never truly had a chance to settle down anywhere either and is not entirely inclined to deny companions. Now at thirty three years old, he has began to start thinking more along the lines of personal preservation instead of creating a land "by the people, for the people". He has difficulty reconciling with his past, vivid memories of which haunt him to this very day. Those familiar with him tend to suspect his attempts to create a better world are what he chooses to bury his guilt and emotions into.

Walt has a knack for anything that can expand his knowledge of the world, more specifically, anything that might one day give him an upper hand in a tricky situation. This is primarily manifested through his knack for books and any little bits of technology that he can tinker with, though math and science remain a weak point for him. Three decades of experience with the corrupted, bandits, various kingdoms, and the wilderness itself has taught Walt more than what he needs to survive. He is more of a diplomat than a confrontational person by nature, but he has survived thus far for a reason. Both in conversation and in combat, he is a force to be reckoned with.

Equipment: (Figured you'd want this for individual characters as a replacement for tech-level)
-Winter overcoat, clothing
-Ruck with survival gear, other necessities, books
-Steel chest plate, leather arm and leg braces
-.45 Colt Single Action Army
-Homemade bow
-Prefers to keep himself distanced from melee combat, but keeps a combat knife and a hatchet on hand none the less for survival and fighting alike.
-A safe house in the infected wastes of Boston holds most of his valued possessions such as artifacts, books, and technology acquired over the years. He rarely returns there but will occasionally deposit items he would prefer not to risk losing in his travels.
Theme: Figured this was starkly accurate

accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:23 am

Mordka wrote:

I'll ask that you supply a file that is not limited to your own computer, and to greatly expand the biography beyond a single sentence.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:30 am

Mizrad wrote:Not my best work I apologize, wanted to get this up while I had the time.

[box]Character Name: Walter "The Patriot" Quincy

Whats his HOI4 leader stats I gotta know if im about to bag an a-tier general
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Volghar
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 28, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Volghar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:30 am

Danceria wrote:
Volghar wrote:
Could be interesting. Lemoyne may be fearful of outsiders but I would suppose that there has been trade in the past so you'd be outsiders but not them gosh darn yankees. I'd offer one in return but not sure if my little band of tribals are quite up to sending diplomats just as of yet.

I hope you don't mind me being cut from the same cloth, as in from the same migration of Louisianan Voodooists. Though we probably have very different goals in mind.

Right now, I'll give you guys a ring as soon as I figure out what's in the Free Hold and if the banditos would bend the knee, then I'll mosey down the Black Warrior to Mobile Bay.

The blood of Voodoo runs strong

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:48 am

Nationstates Name:

Faction Name: The Missouri Caravan Company

Faction Type: Trading Company

Flag:

Governing Ideology: Representative Democracy

Leader: Governor Alain LaForge

Territorial Claims:

Population: 1,996

Armed Population: 500
  • National Guards: 100
    • The National Guards are the Company’s most advanced forces and acts as a astrategic reserve and peacekeeping force. They are divided into ten platoons, each divided into fireteams of five personnels. Their main duties include garrisoning and security for vital assets, guarding Company officials in roadtrips, and assigned to guard Company trading outposts throughout Missouri. The National Guards are distinguished by their hidden mail vests and the advanced variety of weapons they carry, as well as their colorful and ornate suits.
  • State Marshals: 150
    • The State Marshal Corps are assigned to each caravan and boat expeditions throughout the region, guarding cargo and men from each Company trading post to the other. The Marshals are a lightly-equipped, agile, and horse-mounted force, experts in subtlety, hiding, and long-range shootouts that suited the surrounding Midwest terrain. They are armed with long-range rifles, several sidearms, bows and arrows, fire bombs, lassos, and throwing knives, among others. In each trade expedition there is usually three groups of Marshals guarding them; the vanguard to check upon potential raiders, the guards on the caravans, and those hidden in the flanks to ambush raiders. The Marshals are under the Comissioner’s Office jurisdiction, meaning that they have the ability to detain and transfer hostile individuals to the Commisionnary Court.
  • State Rangers: 120
      The State Rangers serves as the main expeditionary force for the Company. Their tasks includes patrolling the surrounding regions, tracking bandits and raiders, spying other communities that might be hostile to the Company, and discovering new trade routes for merchants. The Rangers are more lightly-equipped than the Marshals, but carried advanced weaponry like that of the National Guard’s.
  • Sheriffs and Deputies: 130
    • Twelve deputies and a Sheriff for each county maintains order in the city and its surroundings, with responsibility for civilian security and emergency services. They are usually less equipped than the National Guard, but with more armaments than the Marshals. However, Deputies and the Sheriffs rarely uses firearms and instead resorts to diplomacy and non-lethal takedowns to impose law on criminals. Sheriffs are responsible for local security offices and county jails, though they might transfer dangerous criminals to the Company’s larger state jail.

Technology Level: Post-Collapse

History: Before the Collapse, the State government of Missouri provided citizens throughout the state, including those in St. Louis, designated shelter and quarantine locations to protect themselves from the deadly plague. This did not turn out to be effective, though, because a significant part of the population either left the region or became infected. Either way, the small community of remaining residents took it up to rebuild their city from scratch. As the downtown and surrounding regions were rendered uninhabitable due to the prevalence of infected creatures, they built a new settlement in St. Louis’ surrounding suburbs; claiming intact houses and demolishing the rest to create farms. Being on the confluence of the Mississipi and Missouri rivers, as well as the many smaller creeks such as the Deer Creek, the new settlement grew rich from farming and trading with the surrounding settlements.

Due to the many agriculture, brewing, and transport companies headquartered in the city before the Collapse, as well as the surrounding fertile lands, the small community soon cemented themselves as the prime hub of trade in the Missouri region. Over time, they cleared out St. Louis’ downtown regions, driving out the infected creatures, as well as estabilishing new bases in the abandoned buildings. Explorers set out camps as far as neighbouring Bellevile, guarding the city’s most important assets; bridges crossing the Mississipi. The community saw themselves as the legitimate successor of Missouri; and as such bonded together to found the Missouri Trading Company, establishing caravans across the plains and boats across the river. In many ways, the Company acts as a lifeblood for the surrounding communities; the Company’s caravans brought supplies and food, and in return estabilishing trading posts and buying local products.

Culture: Due to the hardships following the Collapse, the Company’s society had taken a closer approach to religion. As such, the society is mainly based off Midwestern culture with significant influences of religion, mostly Christianity. The Company uphelds democratic and libertarian values such as economic and political freedom, and are among the most friendly states to wandering survivors in the country. There is also a strong hierarchical tradition. Religion and state is not separated, as the Company’s shareholders are mainly religious foundations, counties, farmer unions, and small traders. There exists a strong sense of collectivism and democratic values within the Company; members are called citizens instead of employees, and positions such as managers and directors are democratically elected, instead of appointed.

The MCC is essentially a mix between a corporation and a state. Each citizen are a member of a shareholding institution of the Company, be it foundations, unions, counties, or even smaller trading companies. The assets of the MCC and it’s shareholders are separated, but in practice the MCC controls all of them except for the county governments. The Company’s Governor are elected via caucuses between the shareholders’ representatives; the Board of Supervisors, appointed by the shareholders, is the legislative branch of state. The Commissioners are independent officials elected by individual citizens that act as an audit and judicial agency for the Company. St Louis itself is divided into several counties that follow the traditional American county administrations. These counties exists as an administration for individual citizens, independent and separate from the Company. While independent counties govern their respective areas of the city, control of trading outposts and bases are administered by the Company. In short, the counties are part of public life for citizens; the Company their work.

Law enforcement is conducted by the Company in behalf of individual counties. A Sheriff is elected from Company-chosen candidates, and the Sheriffs are subordinate to the Company’s judicial system. Trials are held by Company Commissioners with civilian jurors. The abandoned STC Warehouse located near Kosciusko, St. Louis, has been refurbished and turned into a penitentiary – criminals are either sent here or to work in Company projects such as building caravans or boats. A public defender is assigned to each trial. For minor crimes such as thievery, criminals are often assigned to community service, instead of harder punishments.

Religion plays an important role within the MCC community, with almost 80 percent of the citizens adhering to Christianity, courtesy of the hardships experienced in the Collapse. Several branch of churches estabilished themselves within the city, most notably Evangelical Protestants, Lutherans, Baptists, and the Latin Church, a splinter of the Catholic church. Most of these churches operate their own religious foundations, which provided most of the healthcare and welfare operations in the MCC. They also act as shareholders within the company, which is why caravans often carried religious missionaries with them. The Company granted religious freedom to citizens, and the community is highly tolerant of other beliefs, including Atheism. Conservative values such as the right to bear arms, limited government, job expansions and others are respected in the Company charter and made up for significant portions of the law

Theme: Might be added later

Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:40 am

Anowa wrote:
The Hoosier Alliance wrote:How would raiding/make a vassal of NPC survivor enclaves work? I suppose I post my raid/attack/whatever and then you determine its effectiveness? Also, the neutral land. Are there any people there? Perhaps travelers, traders, etc. Or is it completely empty?

Neutral land is basically dead land with maybe a single family or so dotted far apart from one another. Might be a few caravans or wanderers. Occupied holds are generally the same but with a much higher population density, and much less sparse.

Mizrad wrote:Any chance a lone player character would fit in here? I'd be interested in playing either an individual or small group trying to act as messengers between governments.

I like the idea.

I suppose I could craft up a character app for the people who don't want to run a faction.

Regarding neutral land, because most of Missouri is neutral land, is it something like a wasteland or is it still intact? Like the farmlands and prairies of Missouri and the Mark Twain Forest is till intact, instead of a wasteland. And also, does the major rivers freeze in the winter?
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:08 am

Sarderia wrote:
Nationstates Name:

Faction Name: The Missouri Caravan Company

Faction Type: Trading Company

Flag:
(Image)

Governing Ideology: Representative Democracy

Leader: Governor Alain LaForge

Territorial Claims:
(Image)

Population: 1,996

Armed Population: 500
  • National Guards: 100
    • The National Guards are the Company’s most advanced forces and acts as a astrategic reserve and peacekeeping force. They are divided into ten platoons, each divided into fireteams of five personnels. Their main duties include garrisoning and security for vital assets, guarding Company officials in roadtrips, and assigned to guard Company trading outposts throughout Missouri. The National Guards are distinguished by their hidden mail vests and the advanced variety of weapons they carry, as well as their colorful and ornate suits.
  • State Marshals: 150
    • The State Marshal Corps are assigned to each caravan and boat expeditions throughout the region, guarding cargo and men from each Company trading post to the other. The Marshals are a lightly-equipped, agile, and horse-mounted force, experts in subtlety, hiding, and long-range shootouts that suited the surrounding Midwest terrain. They are armed with long-range rifles, several sidearms, bows and arrows, fire bombs, lassos, and throwing knives, among others. In each trade expedition there is usually three groups of Marshals guarding them; the vanguard to check upon potential raiders, the guards on the caravans, and those hidden in the flanks to ambush raiders. The Marshals are under the Comissioner’s Office jurisdiction, meaning that they have the ability to detain and transfer hostile individuals to the Commisionnary Court.
  • State Rangers: 120
      The State Rangers serves as the main expeditionary force for the Company. Their tasks includes patrolling the surrounding regions, tracking bandits and raiders, spying other communities that might be hostile to the Company, and discovering new trade routes for merchants. The Rangers are more lightly-equipped than the Marshals, but carried advanced weaponry like that of the National Guard’s.
  • Sheriffs and Deputies: 130
    • Twelve deputies and a Sheriff for each county maintains order in the city and its surroundings, with responsibility for civilian security and emergency services. They are usually less equipped than the National Guard, but with more armaments than the Marshals. However, Deputies and the Sheriffs rarely uses firearms and instead resorts to diplomacy and non-lethal takedowns to impose law on criminals. Sheriffs are responsible for local security offices and county jails, though they might transfer dangerous criminals to the Company’s larger state jail.

Technology Level: Post-Collapse

History: Before the Collapse, the State government of Missouri provided citizens throughout the state, including those in St. Louis, designated shelter and quarantine locations to protect themselves from the deadly plague. This did not turn out to be effective, though, because a significant part of the population either left the region or became infected. Either way, the small community of remaining residents took it up to rebuild their city from scratch. As the downtown and surrounding regions were rendered uninhabitable due to the prevalence of infected creatures, they built a new settlement in St. Louis’ surrounding suburbs; claiming intact houses and demolishing the rest to create farms. Being on the confluence of the Mississipi and Missouri rivers, as well as the many smaller creeks such as the Deer Creek, the new settlement grew rich from farming and trading with the surrounding settlements.

Due to the many agriculture, brewing, and transport companies headquartered in the city before the Collapse, as well as the surrounding fertile lands, the small community soon cemented themselves as the prime hub of trade in the Missouri region. Over time, they cleared out St. Louis’ downtown regions, driving out the infected creatures, as well as estabilishing new bases in the abandoned buildings. Explorers set out camps as far as neighbouring Bellevile, guarding the city’s most important assets; bridges crossing the Mississipi. The community saw themselves as the legitimate successor of Missouri; and as such bonded together to found the Missouri Trading Company, establishing caravans across the plains and boats across the river. In many ways, the Company acts as a lifeblood for the surrounding communities; the Company’s caravans brought supplies and food, and in return estabilishing trading posts and buying local products.

Culture: Due to the hardships following the Collapse, the Company’s society had taken a closer approach to religion. As such, the society is mainly based off Midwestern culture with significant influences of religion, mostly Christianity. The Company uphelds democratic and libertarian values such as economic and political freedom, and are among the most friendly states to wandering survivors in the country. There is also a strong hierarchical tradition. Religion and state is not separated, as the Company’s shareholders are mainly religious foundations, counties, farmer unions, and small traders. There exists a strong sense of collectivism and democratic values within the Company; members are called citizens instead of employees, and positions such as managers and directors are democratically elected, instead of appointed.

The MCC is essentially a mix between a corporation and a state. Each citizen are a member of a shareholding institution of the Company, be it foundations, unions, counties, or even smaller trading companies. The assets of the MCC and it’s shareholders are separated, but in practice the MCC controls all of them except for the county governments. The Company’s Governor are elected via caucuses between the shareholders’ representatives; the Board of Supervisors, appointed by the shareholders, is the legislative branch of state. The Commissioners are independent officials elected by individual citizens that act as an audit and judicial agency for the Company. St Louis itself is divided into several counties that follow the traditional American county administrations. These counties exists as an administration for individual citizens, independent and separate from the Company. While independent counties govern their respective areas of the city, control of trading outposts and bases are administered by the Company. In short, the counties are part of public life for citizens; the Company their work.

Law enforcement is conducted by the Company in behalf of individual counties. A Sheriff is elected from Company-chosen candidates, and the Sheriffs are subordinate to the Company’s judicial system. Trials are held by Company Commissioners with civilian jurors. The abandoned STC Warehouse located near Kosciusko, St. Louis, has been refurbished and turned into a penitentiary – criminals are either sent here or to work in Company projects such as building caravans or boats. A public defender is assigned to each trial. For minor crimes such as thievery, criminals are often assigned to community service, instead of harder punishments.

Religion plays an important role within the MCC community, with almost 80 percent of the citizens adhering to Christianity, courtesy of the hardships experienced in the Collapse. Several branch of churches estabilished themselves within the city, most notably Evangelical Protestants, Lutherans, Baptists, and the Latin Church, a splinter of the Catholic church. Most of these churches operate their own religious foundations, which provided most of the healthcare and welfare operations in the MCC. They also act as shareholders within the company, which is why caravans often carried religious missionaries with them. The Company granted religious freedom to citizens, and the community is highly tolerant of other beliefs, including Atheism. Conservative values such as the right to bear arms, limited government, job expansions and others are respected in the Company charter and made up for significant portions of the law

Theme: Might be added later

Finally; some good old fuckin government
*spits*
Bout time we had some traditional Americana round these here parts
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:10 am

I don't know if anything started. I'm still here, I'm just tryna read peoples' applications.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:11 am

*AnPrim intensifies*

*Luck-ist Vegas intensifies*

*Maltese Colorado Intensifies*
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:14 am

Anowa wrote:
Nationstates Name: Anowa

Faction Name: Order of Saint John of Jerusalem
Faction Type: Legitimized Gov't (OP Privileges)
Flag (Optional): Link
Governing Ideology: Theocratic Meritocracy
Leader(s):
Matriarch Sarah Konig
Territorial Claims: Chaffee, Park, Teller, Lake, Summit Counties (Colorado)
Population: 10,032
Armed Population:
189 Knights Hospitaller
510 Regional Guard
2301 Citizen Soldiers
Technology Level: Mixed Metal, Post-Collapse, limited Prior-collapse.

History: The true history of the Order of Saint John goes back a very long time, a little over 1000 years in fact. But, the OSJ in this small region of Colorado only dates back nearly 200 years. On the eve of a nuclear detonation in Washington D.C., the Archbishop of the Archdiocese of Denver, and a number of wayward souls fleeing from the corrupted heart of Denver, arrived in the mountainous regions of Colorado, they were met by a company of ARNG from Colorado Springs, evidently deserting from the command of the US military, who had condemned the nearby city to a death by atomic hellfire. All hid in the nearby Climax mines, a scattered and diverse group of 139.

They would wait in that mine for nearly three weeks as the earth shuddered and churned, the guardsmen going out to retrieve water and food from nearby areas, or hunting if they could. Eventually, the area around Climax Mine became a notable town, with many people flocking to the mines in an effort to find shelter. The sermons and reassurances of the Archbishop kept the townsfolk sane and levelheaded in this time of turbulence and fear. This town and it's governance were christened the Order of Saint John of Jerusalem, it's militant arm in turn, the Knights Hospitaller. The civillians of the town went to work farming, hunting, and predominantly, mining the molybdenum mines they sought shelter in.

When the Archbishop finally passed, the Order had become a sprawling state, three counties had pledged to aid the Order in their lives, in exchange for protection and a centralized point in which to voice concern. Though, it was not to last in it's utmost splendor, the varied backgrounds of those living in the towns and settlements took issue with the theocratic order, and it's all but forced conversions to Christianity. It was at this point that the Order had a schism.The Order was faced with a slight of internal strife from those who assembled themselves as "The Children of The Patriarchs". This minority found themselves on a more liberal take of the various religious scriptures and tales, rather than turn away those of a Jewish or Islamic belief, they welcomed them under the banner that all were children of Abraham, regardless of what name they called God, or how they dedicated their lives to him.

This schism would also cause a rift in the Hospitaller, different Commanders followed different rites of engagement, some accepted the surrender of raiders, others didn't. One group, under Lord Commander Marcus Fawkes, instead of fighting, spoke to those who would fight, this group was known predominantly as the Sentinel Guard. The Order strained under these differing opinions and ideas, until eventually, it snapped under it's strain.

In 2117, construction began on a massive cathedral embedded into the side of Mount Elbert. Many saw this as an affront to God, a desecration of an idol of Earth's natural beauty. Others saw this as simply a waste of resources. The Archbishop, refused to stop the work on the cathedral, proposing that the center of the Order be moved from Climax to the Cathedral when it was complete. For his efforts, four years after construction began, he was shot, mid mass by a trio of assassins, Patriarch David Moss, of the Children of the Patriarch, Lord Commander Fawkes himself, and a miner, who had lost friends during a collapse of the cathedral's building process. All three were crucified for their crimes, but ultimately, it caused enough grief and gave enough of a shock to change things within the Order.

Over the next 30 years, the Cathedral was completed, but rather than simply a Cathedral, it became a tunneled out city, and christened New Jerusalem. over this time, reforms within the order changed it from a predominantly Christian system, to that of a blanket for all Abrahamic religions. Archbishops turned to Matriarchs and Patriarchs. It has been such a way for the past 50 years, a relatively peaceful group of people looking to reunite America under the blanket of faith, and fellowship with their fellow man.

Culture: The OSJ has a culture notably steeped in faith. Though in recent years, the Order has taken a more liberal interpretation of the holy books of the assorted Abrahamic faiths, the main pillars of which are "Forgiveness, Brotherhood, and Preservation". The Patriarch and or Matriarch are chosen by the collective membership of the Order's clergy, similar to that of the Pope. While dietary constraints are not enforced for all it's population, a significant number of those living in the Order's lands follow Kosher law. There are also rare instances of the Order sponsoring and aiding pilgrimages to Mecca across the Pacific.

Forgiveness is the eldest pillar, while many believe that Sin is to be forgiven upon it's action, due to Christ's sacrifice, many will still seek forgiveness for sin. On the opposite side of the coin, it is seen that none are free from redemption, no matter how heinous or depraved the act, crimes are still punishable, but one's immortal soul will not be condemned if they earnestly regret their choice. If an individual enters into the order from mysterious beginnings or with a questionable origin, no questions will be asked, and they are not expected to answer, for their past at that point is between them and God.

Brotherhood is the pillar in which declares that all members of the Order, no matter their origin, name for God, personal affects, or attraction is to be judged nor turned away. Each individual is a child of God, and is to be respected as such, for only The Lord has the right to judge people in such a way. The legal system does not judge individuals in these ways, rather their actions upon others in their Brotherhood, the death penalty is non-existent these days, in compliance with the Sixth Commandment. Crucifixion is a valid punishment, but rarely lasts longer than a day, and is seen as the capital punishment. Other punishments include lashes, solitary confinement, in more extreme cases, body parts are removed, such as a hand for recurring theft.

Preservation was the last pillar to be addressed, it states that the knowledge and designs of their forefathers and of the people that came before them is to be preserved and studied. A massive library underneath the New Jerusalem Cathedral now lays stocked with books, parchments, blueprints, and designs from before the collapse, scavenged from across the US to be studied, replicated and manufactured if possible. From the bicycle, to the atom bomb, all lay in their secreted glory on paper, or in actuality underneath thousands of tons of stone. For their creation was God's will, and while mankind had erred to cause the wrath of God to cleanse those unworthy, man still had worth.

Theme: Agnes Dei - AC04 OST

Would they consider allying RoTD, or are the Dicerollers considered "Infidels?"
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:47 am

I'll finish the history of the NAMC today.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Greater Socialist Albania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Socialist Albania » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:07 am

Hypercapital wrote:I don't know if anything started. I'm still here, I'm just tryna read peoples' applications.

Well, i’m planning to invade you by March sooo....

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:14 am

Greater Socialist Albania wrote:
Hypercapital wrote:I don't know if anything started. I'm still here, I'm just tryna read peoples' applications.

Well, i’m planning to invade you by March sooo....

oh man good luck with that
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Bewhua
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bewhua » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:20 am

Can i reserve a bandit clan? This rp looks great! dunno where would be a good place though, so i have a question - how easy is it to raid a bigger nation than you? Could a bantic clan reasonably survive off raiding a legitimate govt., or is it way too strong? Is a trading company a good raiding target?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse