NATION

PASSWORD

[Abortion Thread] (YET ANOTHER POLL!) Taking measure.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What policies would you use to reduce abortion numbers?

Welfare Support for Single Mothers
17%
Free Pregnancy-Related Health Care
17%
Comprehensive Sex Education
21%
Free Contraception
17%
Monetary Incentives (Child Care, Tax Incentives, Kid-Related Healthcare, specify if needed)
13%
No Changes
2%
Procedure Ban (Not outlawing abortion itself, but specific procedures)
3%
Outright Ban (With exceptions or without)
10%

Total votes : 2870

Purple Rats
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purple Rats » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Godular wrote:[

And given the anecdote previously used, I'd say the clinic did more than its due diligence in making sure the risk and repercussions of such complications were minimized.

Although I think it's quite disrespectful to say "anecdote" for something which put someone health in risk, I do agree with you that it is better to do it in clinic, as you can get help, if something happens.

That's why I also think, it is needed to keep abortion clinics open during epidemic.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:27 pm

Galloism wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
You clearly are too wrapped up on your pet project to understand that this thread is about abortion as a right during an emergency. Not every procedure. But I’m too tired today to go in circles.

These are valid questions, why is abortion more rightful than other procedures of its kind.

There's a reason why we can close down most stores and leave grocery and pharmacy stores open (we recognize them as purveyors of essential goods). There's a reason why with the same we keep gun stores open (they are purveyors of a right).

But, and this is important, if we close down all voluntary medical procedures, even those that are time sensitive IE vasectomy or bone spur removal, but leave abortion providers open, we must have a reason why that is the exception to the general closure law. So far no one has said what that is yet.

Like I said, not going in circles today.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Galloism wrote:These are valid questions, why is abortion more rightful than other procedures of its kind.

There's a reason why we can close down most stores and leave grocery and pharmacy stores open (we recognize them as purveyors of essential goods). There's a reason why with the same we keep gun stores open (they are purveyors of a right).

But, and this is important, if we close down all voluntary medical procedures, even those that are time sensitive IE vasectomy or bone spur removal, but leave abortion providers open, we must have a reason why that is the exception to the general closure law. So far no one has said what that is yet.

Like I said, not going in circles today.

It's not really a circle - it's more of a question.

Answering a question no one has answered doesn't mean going in a circle, and refusing to engage with the logic of the question is not noble.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Purple Rats wrote:
Godular wrote:[

And given the anecdote previously used, I'd say the clinic did more than its due diligence in making sure the risk and repercussions of such complications were minimized.

Although I think it's quite disrespectful to say "anecdote" for something which put someone health in risk, I do agree with you that it is better to do it in clinic, as you can get help, if something happens.

That's why I also think, it is needed to keep abortion clinics open during epidemic.

An anecdote is a personal story, which is what you put forward. It was not intended to be disrespectful, though I cannot help it if you assign a negative connotation to the use of the word.

ALSO: NEW THREAD IS UP
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with you,
Blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death,
Amen.

The blessing of our mother is a beautiful prayer for me because it reminds me that all women are in turn blessed too. :)
Last edited by Sundiata on Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Sundiata wrote:Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with you,
Pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Just saying a prayer here is pretty spammy tbh. Just saying.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:46 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Hail Mary, full of grace,
The Lord is with you,
Pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

Just saying a prayer here is pretty spammy tbh. Just saying.

Good point, I'll definitely add more to that post.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:50 pm

Could have sworn I locked this.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General