NATION

PASSWORD

Non WA nations can vote in General Election

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Non WA nations can vote in General Election

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:48 pm

So my WA nation Guaylandia has voted in the General Election. But interestingly, I was also able to vote with this nation, which is not in World Assembly and has never been. Which is a bit odd, because the rules say only WA nations may vote. I was not aware of this until after I had already voted in the race.

This is a pretty major issue if confirmed. If there is a way to withdraw my vote please tell me, as I intend to follow the rules.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:54 pm

Last time, non-WA nations were allowed to vote in the preliminaries, just not in the final round.

The rules-as-written do give the impression that this was meant to be changed this time around, but I guess either that text was based on a misunderstanding, or some old code hasn't been properly updated.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:59 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Last time, non-WA nations were allowed to vote in the preliminaries, just not in the final round.

The rules-as-written do give the impression that this was meant to be changed this time around, but I guess either that text was based on a misunderstanding, or some old code hasn't been properly updated.

I see.

Well, at least you have to be in the WA to run, and that hasn't changed. So there isn't an influx of card farmers spamming the ballot.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Cerisium
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerisium » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:02 pm

Someone in my region apparently decided to vote 5 times. Hope they fix this.
CERISINE
  ☲  
REPUBLIC
Name pronounciation: /səˈrēz iəm/ | seh REEZ ee-uhm (Did I do this right?)
Former company colony founded for the purpose of constructing a canal, Cerisium grew immensely wealthy from being at a shipping crossroads. About 50/50 Cantonese/French. Capitol city a hive of... disreputable passtimes. Population ~9 million.

Children under 16 should not be allowed to attend political protests.

Other nations: Boineburg, Mesadora, Bruchet

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:04 pm

Fixed!

Election scrutineers will be reviewing votes cast before this point to see if they should remain valid.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:24 pm

I am advised that scrutineers have removed non-WA votes from the official tally boards.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:30 pm

[violet] wrote:I am advised that scrutineers have removed non-WA votes from the official tally boards.

Yep, I noticed my vote was removed.

Thanks for resolving this quickly!
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

R2Cruiter
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 08, 2005
Anarchy

Postby R2Cruiter » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:39 am

When trying to vote with a non WA nation, I receive two warnings.

Code: Select all
Unfortunately only World Assembly members may vote in the Election.

Code: Select all
You must be a World Assembly member to vote in the General Election.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical