NATION

PASSWORD

Aftermath (OOC|Dead)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:34 am

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I don't see a feasible way that French-Canadian Migrants could possibly establish a colony in upstate New York, overpowering the National Guard and US Army, on the scale of a legitimised government, and then somehow woo my nation into betraying the State to aid you without any benefit. If it was an Arcadian Tribe that migrated south, then that would be more believable and I'd be more ready to support.

I would like to note, that at the time of the bombs dropping, the ARNG and Army had both pretty much imploded due to their numbers being ravaged by the disease, infected, and desertion. So it's entirely feasible for what few units still under Federal 'control' to be overwhelmed.

Isn't Canada theoretically in an even worse position? The CAF, nevermind Quebec separatists wouldn't be able to field anything that can take on whatever New York has left at the time.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:39 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:I would like to note, that at the time of the bombs dropping, the ARNG and Army had both pretty much imploded due to their numbers being ravaged by the disease, infected, and desertion. So it's entirely feasible for what few units still under Federal 'control' to be overwhelmed.

Isn't Canada theoretically in an even worse position? The CAF, nevermind Quebec separatists wouldn't be able to field anything that can take on whatever New York has left at the time.

You'd be surprised how quickly a group of men beat feet when they're attacked, morale is at an all time low, and the promise of reinforcements isn't assured.

That being said, that is a fair point.

Pyrghium wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:I don't see a feasible way that French-Canadian Migrants could possibly establish a colony in upstate New York, overpowering the National Guard and US Army, on the scale of a legitimised government, and then somehow woo my nation into betraying the State to aid you without any benefit. If it was an Arcadian Tribe that migrated south, then that would be more believable.

Good point. Would it be feasible for the State Government to have survived in some form, perhaps having proclaimed Independence from the Union during the Collapse?

It's feasible, but do keep in mind that NYCCG is technically the successor gov't to the New York State.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Pyrghium
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pyrghium » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Isn't Canada theoretically in an even worse position? The CAF, nevermind Quebec separatists wouldn't be able to field anything that can take on whatever New York has left at the time.

You'd be surprised how quickly a group of men beat feet when they're attacked, morale is at an all time low, and the promise of reinforcements isn't assured.

Pyrghium wrote:Good point. Would it be feasible for the State Government to have survived in some form, perhaps having proclaimed Independence from the Union during the Collapse?

It's feasible, but do keep in mind that NYCCG is technically the successor gov't to the New York State.

Or perhaps a Successor...

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:45 am

Pyrghium wrote:
Anowa wrote:You'd be surprised how quickly a group of men beat feet when they're attacked, morale is at an all time low, and the promise of reinforcements isn't assured.

Or perhaps a Successor...

Also a possibility.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:48 am

Vacif wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So for the person playing Sunnyvale Trading Co. I would like to establish some sort of deal with you because we're close by with only a bandit clan between us but I got an airship. So my deal is that the Children will use their airship and influence to smack the local gangs down and make them bend the knee, allowing you to trade around without fear of the other groups. All I ask is that use send some discount when you trade with me in guns, materials for that behemoth of an airship or to make others.

I'm not asking for tribute from you because I would have enough from forcing the other local clans to work for me. Besides, Kern county seems like a war between bandits with a giant airship as an ally vs a concentrated force of manpower. Don't know who would win that.

That sounds doable. When do you think you would have touched down in the area? How long have you been chilling for?

Regarding Kern county, I'd wait on the details regarding them. Their county is quite large, which would be an issue with occupying it. They also appear to be skirmishing with the Republic to the north.

The Queen Love will be in the area as long as its profitable to do so. This mostly the case that the airship is fuck-you large and trying to drive that is like driving a monster truck. It's slow, cumbersome, and eats up gas like no ones business but it will carry a company or two's worth of bandits across the state to force other clans in line.

But I'll wait for Kern county really. It's not a matter of occupying the county as so much putting fear into the leaders or an alliance into them since one bandit clan has access to an airship several times the size of the Hindenburg.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 am

Ralnis wrote:
Vacif wrote:
That sounds doable. When do you think you would have touched down in the area? How long have you been chilling for?

Regarding Kern county, I'd wait on the details regarding them. Their county is quite large, which would be an issue with occupying it. They also appear to be skirmishing with the Republic to the north.

The Queen Love will be in the area as long as its profitable to do so. This mostly the case that the airship is fuck-you large and trying to drive that is like driving a monster truck. It's slow, cumbersome, and eats up gas like no ones business but it will carry a company or two's worth of bandits across the state to force other clans in line.

But I'll wait for Kern county really. It's not a matter of occupying the county as so much putting fear into the leaders or an alliance into them since one bandit clan has access to an airship several times the size of the Hindenburg.

>The Hindenburg

Oh no...
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:56 am

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:The Queen Love will be in the area as long as its profitable to do so. This mostly the case that the airship is fuck-you large and trying to drive that is like driving a monster truck. It's slow, cumbersome, and eats up gas like no ones business but it will carry a company or two's worth of bandits across the state to force other clans in line.

>The Hindenburg

Oh no...

Only in size, not in construction. But that's already a cursed name.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:57 am

Ralnis wrote:The Queen Love will be in the area as long as its profitable to do so. This mostly the case that the airship is fuck-you large and trying to drive that is like driving a monster truck. It's slow, cumbersome, and eats up gas like no ones business but it will carry a company or two's worth of bandits across the state to force other clans in line.

>The Hindenburg

Oh no...

OH THE HUMANITY

From an OP's perspective looking at the map, I'm vaguely worried, because a lot of event chains are getting triggered on Week 2.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:58 am

>The Hindenburg

Oh no...

>Airship full of filthy bandits combusts

at least the hindenburg was something of value
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:>The Hindenburg

Oh no...

>Airship full of filthy bandits combusts

at least the hindenburg was something of value

Just let me stockpile enough fuel to make a couple of hops and then bomb your city into smoke.

Then crash because I don't have enough fuel to stay up in the air most likely. :p

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:59 am

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=482636

IC is up.
If your app isn't finished, don't stress, The RP isn't closing any time soon.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Greater Redosia
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Redosia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Nationstates Name: Greater Redosia

Faction Name: Soarin' Musem
Faction Type: Survivor Enclave
Flag (Optional):
Governing Ideology: Elective Military Junta
Leader(s): Air Marshal Jeremy Lars
Territorial Claims: Image More specifically, around the US Southwest Soaring Museum
Population: 857
Armed Population: 100 Guards and 40 airmen
Technology Level: Post Collapse with a focus on gliders

History: The land of New Mexico had been one of convoluted technological progress before the collapse, from dropping the bomb to flight. It was here at the United States Southwest Soaring Museum, where a people part of the Soaring Society of America thrived with flying machines that did not fly under their own power. From official records as part of the Soarin' Musem the great flights of these machines could have far reaches despite the lack of self-powered flight. These "airmen" were holy men who trained their entire lives to fly these machines. In the historical codex there was a split between three groups, powered flight, unpowered flight and balloons. Our people descend from those that embraced the unpowered flight and where gliding through the air is perfect compared to floating or flying with engines.

Of course, such a blissful ideal existence is not possible, when the bandits to the south attacked, we needed to defend ourselves. Using the ideas of our ancestors and any remaining drawings or blueprints they called them, we created gliding machines as well. Fitting some with makeshift machine guns in the front and others with bombs held by strings on the bottom, then by using a complicated air powered launch system by our brightest minds we managed to launch these gliding machines into the air to fight back with our men on the ground. Attacking from the skies of our holy airmen, although the first attempts went horribly due to the inexperience of the airmen, we soon became more proficient and eventually experts of our unpowered flights. Defending ourselves with these machines, we became stronger. But we were still unorganized, reading through more of the documents left by our ancestors we discovered that there were men who ruled the skies, with different ranks symbolizing their status in society. As such, we created a Government to rule over us, led by the Air Marshal with the Council of Warrants, Officers who knew their skill best.

Culture: The main cultural aspect is flight, the creation of model gliders and the focus towards the skies with unpowered flight. The main focus of ones life is to choose whether they wish to live on the ground for the betterment of society or if they wish to fly in the skies in gliders. But to truly become an airman, you must build your own glider from scratch, which in the southwest where resources are scarce enough is even harder to do. But if one does so, they can be adopted by an airman to teach them how to truly fly in the sky and to hopefully one day become an airman of your own. But aside from gliders, kites are also a large cultural practice for those that wish to enjoy the ideals of flight whilst staying on the ground, in fact, kites are the main form of communication in case radios are either too scarce or no longer working. Every person has one personal kite which they continue to add onto, to tell of their story, their personality or of the things they love. It's a beautiful practice and one that's the most prevalent within the society.

Theme: The Dream of Flight

ID TAG 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)
Member of the Cobalt Network
Want to join? Click here!

RPs I'm currently in:

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:01 pm

Anowa wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:>The Hindenburg

Oh no...

OH THE HUMANITY

From an OP's perspective looking at the map, I'm vaguely worried, because a lot of event chains are getting triggered on Week 2.

bruh wtf 3 shitty events in the first week are we playing on Hardcore difficulty
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:04 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Anowa wrote:OH THE HUMANITY

bruh wtf 3 shitty events in the first week are we playing on Hardcore difficulty

It's RNG.
First is a seasonal event, which is unavoidable, next is one of 4 sub-seasonal events, third was rolled from 4 separate 'banks' of events, and then from a further 20.
It could've been a lot worse.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:05 pm

Reserve me for a kingdom, Dallam and Sherman counties, TX.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Beutarch
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:07 pm

a doomsday preacher ... after doomsday.

:thinking:
Do you think you know me?

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:bruh wtf 3 shitty events in the first week are we playing on Hardcore difficulty

It's RNG.
First is a seasonal event, which is unavoidable, next is one of 4 sub-seasonal events, third was rolled from 4 separate 'banks' of events, and then from a further 20.
It could've been a lot worse.

what kind of dice are you using, the evil mr monopoly speed dice of satan
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:08 pm

Beutarch wrote:a doomsday preacher ... after doomsday.

It can always be worse

Always
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:10 pm

Damn, no food and everyone around me is strapped for food? Looks like it's either do or die for my group. Time to smack down the local gang into compliance.

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:12 pm

Interesting.

Will be joining as a Kingdom. You can expect an app soon.
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:13 pm

wo wo wait, so can I just, shoot this guy? Or kidnap him then shoot him in private as to not piss off the neighbourhood?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:14 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

wo wo wait, so can I just, shoot this guy? Or kidnap him then shoot him in private as to not piss off the neighbourhood?

Yeah no, it's entirely up to you.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:15 pm

Anowa wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:wo wo wait, so can I just, shoot this guy? Or kidnap him then shoot him in private as to not piss off the neighbourhood?

Yeah no, it's entirely up to you.

alright mister op man, what secret repercussions are you plotting
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:16 pm

So do I have to raid to get the population up or can I extort the local gang for resources and manpower?

Greater Socialist Albania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Socialist Albania » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:17 pm

Anowa, since my tribal confederation is based in three different states (Utah, Nevada and Arizona) does that mean the Arizona faction is not afflicted by the snow?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse