NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
To: [Senator Augusta Merriam]

Dear Senator Merriam,

Please meet me in my office, so we can come to an agreement about this.

Yours,
Senator Goldman.

TO: [Senator Erika Goldman]

Respectfully, Erika, isn't this Moore's bill? Shouldn't he be negotiating this with me himself?

Yours,
Augusta

To: [Senator Augusta Merriam]

Very well, Augusta, I'll forward your email to him.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:28 pm

To: Senator Augusta Merriam

Dear Senator Merriam,

I wish to inform you of Senator Moore's bill, the PPRP. I am asking you to sponsor it, as it will benefit many of our constituents across the nation. If you have any concerns, please meet me in person to discuss them.

Most sincerely,
Senator Erika Goldman.

Enclosed

TO: [Senator Erika Goldman]

Dear Senator Goldman,

I appreciate you emailing me about this. As it stands, I'm wary of large scale government spending programs in general and would like to see some off-sets, if we're going to lock in some development spending, by reducing expenditure elsewhere in the federal budget.

Yours,

Senator Merriam

FORWARDED TO JAMES MOORE
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Bruke wrote:
"I'm not sure most Republicans would support this bill... but it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for letting me know about it- I can think of counties in Upstate New York that could benefit."

"Well, all we need is enough to stop a veto. That'll be a lot, but I'm sure Rust Belt Republicans won't be willing to let their constituents lose out on billions in funding. I'll try my best."

"I'd try and get Hawthorne on board- he was willing to co-sponsor Winthrop's SID Act, after all. Perhaps he'll be favorable to this bill as well."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Well, all we need is enough to stop a veto. That'll be a lot, but I'm sure Rust Belt Republicans won't be willing to let their constituents lose out on billions in funding. I'll try my best."

"I'd try and get Hawthorne on board- he was willing to co-sponsor Winthrop's SID Act, after all. Perhaps he'll be favorable to this bill as well."

"Yes, he sounds like a good turn. Merriam snubbed me though. Said she would only speak with Moore. Feel like that's going to be a problem."
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Yes, he sounds like a good turn. Merriam snubbed me though. Said she would only speak with Moore. Feel like that's going to be a problem."

"Perhaps that's a sign that it would be better for Moore to speak on behalf of his bill, then... don't sweat it, though. That's how it goes sometimes. Are there any bills that you're working on that you'd like me to co-sponsor?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:42 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, he sounds like a good turn. Merriam snubbed me though. Said she would only speak with Moore. Feel like that's going to be a problem."

"Perhaps that's a sign that it would be better for Moore to speak on behalf of his bill, then... don't sweat it, though. That's how it goes sometimes. Are there any bills that you're working on that you'd like me to co-sponsor?"

"No, not really. Campaign trail's been taking time out of my schedule."
Please Watch

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:58 pm

Dentali wrote:"AG would be a good fit. Ands its currently unoccupied... I need someone not scared to go after either party if they step out of line."

"You don't need to mince words - you want to rip the corruption out of our party as much as those opposite. I understand. You'll know from my record as Attorney General of New Hampshire, and Secretary of State there also, that I'm a rigorous nonpartisan operator in those roles."

“Oh I know you can handle it, I just want to be clear your job will not be to make friends”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:01 pm

Dentali wrote:“Oh I know you can handle it, I just want to be clear your job will not be to make friends”

"I'm a Never Wolf Republican, how many friends do I have left these days?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:28 pm

Fronket wrote:
Alozia wrote:
"Tim, I answered your question. I spoke about my plan, maybe you should have listened like you did to my friend Levi when you wanted to throw a jab at him. There is a difference between respectful discussion and a negative, mean-spirited debate that you've offered us. You've repeatably shown an attitude of condescension, just like you're doing right now when you're talking down to me like a child. What you're showing here today is not moderation, you're not exhibiting the leadership we need to achieve healthcare reform. What you're showing here today, just like you've shown it before on the campaign trail, is narcissism."

"Now, how about we let every candidate present their plan in a fair manner and get this over with." Anne was frustrated with Tim, but didn't want to push the issue too far. All she really wanted was to get out of this event, knowing that she won't be able to have the fair discussion she wanted.

Ben scowled and cleared his throat, putting on the elderly statesman look. He was sick of this.

“Aright, if I may interject. This is not a place for political grandstanding and grabbing the limelight. You were invited to have a discussion about your plan. Look, I strongly disagree with many of Tim’s ideas, but I think he’s been doing his best. I haven’t had a chance to chime in yet, but I’m being patient. That’s fine, it’s not a debate and we are going one at a time. But Governor, as Tim said, if you’re reluctant to answer to any critical questions of your plan, which by the way haven’t even been asked to you yet, then I’m sorry, you didn’t know what you were signing up for.” Ben didn’t care if this sounded politically incorrect; he was known for being a grouchy old statesman in the Senate and he always scolded people when they were out of line.

“This event was marketed as a chance for the Democratic Party to come together and show the people that we have ideas on healthcare. Governor, you have turned this into an event where we make personal attacks on each other. I have my own problems with the fact that Tim is moderating this and not someone impartial, but he organized the event. He did not make any personal attacks on any candidates, he simply asked policy related questions. You are trying to steal the limelight by calling your colleague a condescending sexist. That’s unacceptable.”

“Now, I hope we can get on with the policy discussion instead of this ridiculous grandstanding, I’ve had enough of it. The only person here who has spoken about their policy without questioning each other’s motives is Senator Dayton. Let’s all be more like Jillian! Enough!”

Jillian Dayton raised her eyebrow, "the last candidate for President who told women they talked too much ended up winning, I should hope no candidate on this stage intends to emulate that style of politics. Ever. Good to see Senator Westra's apology to Senator Murphy. Governor Caldwell's motives to me are simple, standing up for women in politics, is that what you're attacking Senator Little?"
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:37 pm

Bruke wrote:

"No, not really. Campaign trail's been taking time out of my schedule."

“That’s alright. I’d mention what bills I’m working on, but to be honest most of my time out of the Senate chamber is taken up dealing with constituent services. How goes the campaign, and what are your priorities? I assume infrastructure’s top of the list for you, in particular.”

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:40 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"No, not really. Campaign trail's been taking time out of my schedule."

“That’s alright. I’d mention what bills I’m working on, but to be honest most of my time out of the Senate chamber is taken up dealing with constituent services. How goes the campaign, and what are your priorities? I assume infrastructure’s top of the list for you, in particular.”

"Yes, infrastructure, and rebuilding the New Deal coalition."
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:04 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Yes, infrastructure, and rebuilding the New Deal coalition."

Volek's facial expression grew wistful. "The New Deal coalition was a thing of beauty.... rebuilding it would be quite the accomplishment. Do you think you can win over those voter blocs in the primaries? I think, personally, you're on the way to be just that candidate- if you can build outwards from your natural base of support."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:07 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, infrastructure, and rebuilding the New Deal coalition."

Volek's facial expression grew wistful. "The New Deal coalition was a thing of beauty.... rebuilding it would be quite the accomplishment. Do you think you can win over those voter blocs in the primaries? I think, personally, you're on the way to be just that candidate- if you can build outwards from your natural base of support."

"Yes, it was indeed. I've been working towards appealing to white working-class voters with ambitious infrastructure plans, rural white voters with farming subsidies and a liberal yet pragmatic populism.

Centrist populism, like we saw in Italy, will be the future of the Democratic Party."
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:16 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Yes, it was indeed. I've been working towards appealing to white working-class voters with ambitious infrastructure plans, rural white voters with farming subsidies and a liberal yet pragmatic populism.

Centrist populism, like we saw in Italy, will be the future of the Democratic Party."

"Infrastructure and farming subsidies have a good track record of winning votes." Volek chuckled. He blinked at the last idea. "....populism? Populism is a dangerous road- and populism definitely ain't centrist in my experience. But I'm not too familiar with Italian politics... could you explain?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:21 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, it was indeed. I've been working towards appealing to white working-class voters with ambitious infrastructure plans, rural white voters with farming subsidies and a liberal yet pragmatic populism.

"Infrastructure and farming subsidies have a good track record of winning votes." Volek chuckled. He blinked at the last idea. "....populism? Populism is a dangerous road- and populism definitely ain't centrist in my experience. But I'm not too familiar with Italian politics... could you explain?"

"Beppe Grillo in Italy was a man who promised democracy and integrity, using populist tactics to line up people behind a centrist and democratic platform. I believe his party became the largest in Italy, but I'm not too sure...I know it did well, however.

We basically turn out sensible, moderate platforms and add populist rhetoric. We make our seemingly boring, centrist ideas seem more attractive to voters looking for change, for voters who are attracted to that platform, without turning off centrist voters with a massive left shift."
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:30 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Beppe Grillo in Italy was a man who promised democracy and integrity, using populist tactics to line up people behind a centrist and democratic platform. I believe his party became the largest in Italy, but I'm not too sure...I know it did well, however.

We basically turn out sensible, moderate platforms and add populist rhetoric. We make our seemingly boring, centrist ideas seem more attractive to voters looking for change, for voters who are attracted to that platform, without turning off centrist voters with a massive left shift."

Volek raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Forgive me for being blunt, but all this abstract political theory sounds like promising one thing and delivering another. FDR had plans, sure, but he also made sure his plans matched his rhetoric- LBJ was the same. The Four Freedoms and the Great Society were inspirational frameworks that anyone could agree with. Populism at its core is not inspirational- it's antagonistic."

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:11 pm

May 2nd, 2019

Ben Montgomery
Montgomery's Residence
Carmichael, California, United States

Ben Montgomery was relaxing from another day at work by watching his daily regiment of Oprah and Ellen Degrenenes on the television. Ben told a glance behind him to make sure that there wasn't anyone in the living room with him. Good, he thought. He might as well take a glander at some of the VHS tapes that he would watch for nostalgistic sake. Opening up a lower cabinet below the television, he pulled out a VHS of the Thanksgiving play that his children's school made, which both Mike and Vanessa were in. Popping it in the DVR, he paid a watch to it, as the footage started.

Ah, the early 00's. Ben could remember the elementary school auditorium, as the VHS camera was pointed at the green curtains, where the school principal, a nearly greying lady of brown-black skin with a red schooldress on, introduced the audience. "Welcome my fellow parents, students, and facility to this play celebrating the day of Thanksgiving. Our third-graders have prepared a special play with the help of our teachers. Please give it up for them!" the audience clapped, since this was their children being in the play. The curtains opened up, where it showed a banner with colored handprints, some made to be shaped like turkeys, and painted letters of "Happy Thanksgiving". It wasn't something that needed lots of props or an elaborate set, you can get some leftover pumpkins and a paper wall painted by the kids to look like a landscape and you gotten yourself a play.

There was about 4 kids standing with most of them dressed like pilgrims, holding out their scripts. Thank god, they weren't teaching the children about the true history of Thanksgiving.. "Today, we celebrate landing on the Mayflower to this new continent for which we will declare America." one of the kids said, though Ben guessed the script for the play was pretty much watching the Charlie Brown version of Thanksgiving. There was another student who was dressed like an Indian, though he had blond hair. "I'm an Indian. I have come to help our new settlers for arriving here."

Ben fast-forwarded the tape a bit, where it cut to a boy in a turkey outfit with his script. "Gobbler gobbler!" the boy said, which was one of the phrases he started to speak. The kid had to act like a turkey, so he put his arms towards his outfit and started to have his arms look like wings. Then, he stood next to the pilgrims and indians, where his children were coming up. Dressed in outfits of typical Thanksgiving food, like corn and cranberry. "I'm part of the Thanksgiving dinner that we feast on every Thanksgiving day. I like to be thanksful for all the corn that has helped us in terms of being hungry. Speaking of corn, when do I get out of this costu-"
"Ahem!" the principal immediately coughed loudly, so Mike can hear. "Right! Let's gather with our turkey and our breads and burgers."

Ben wanted to give a smile, until his wife called from the dining room. "Ben! Dinner!"
"Shit.. Coming! Give me 2 minutes!" Ben called back to Monica, as he made sure to have the VHS tape be put back in the cabinet.

For dinner today, it was some tuna melts that Ben ordered, however Monica ordered some ingredients, so that the family can have a banana split for dessert. He was reading some mail, where he noticed an invitation from John Donaldson. While he wasn't the man who would go to New York, he knows that John was still a bit of an influentical figure. For a man who works with Jimmy Carter, this was something that was important. But like any eccentric millionaire with too many money on their hands, money could be one hell of a drug. Especially when you marry someone 3 decades younger than you. But John Donaldson still donates money to the Democratic party. It shouldn't be bad to head to New York. He can talk it over with Monica. They can spend some time together. Maybe go to Central Park? The swans should still be there.

"Hey Dad?"
"What is it, Vanessa dear?"
"I want to be at a friend's party this month and I was thinking of-"
"A friend's house?"
"We both have Instagram and we practically go to UCLA, Dad! It's just going to be a party."
"When is it? I was thinking that of doing something with your mother." Ben said, where Monica was starting to get interested.

"Vanessa? Are you attending an orgy?" Mike immediately joked. "Mike!"
"Mike! No blue comedy at the table! Especially in front of your sister! You are a growing man, but that is no excuse to make your lewd jokes." Ben immediately scolded Mike, as he taught him better than this.
"But Dad-"
"No buts! Now, I would also like to tell you kids that you're going to the doctor for your flu shots, so depending on my schedule at work and for your mother and I, you're be lucky at what stuff you can do this month." Ben said.

After finishing up dinner and having some chocolate syrup on his banana split, he was about to ask his wife, however his phone let out a tone from a Whitney Houston song. He checked what it was to get a call from George.
"George? What is it?"
"Governor, sir. I was calling to inform you if you would like to have a meeting with Davit Papazian."
"Davit Papazian?"
"Yes, sir. He has been rather busy, so it would be interesting to check in with him. Still helps to check in with some of the important figures in California to make sure there is no problems."
"I see what I can do."
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:41 pm

Great Anderson County Fair, Anderson, South Carolina
(May 1, 2019)

The Veléz campaign was grinding hard in South Carolina. The candidate’s surrogate, prominent black Congressman John Atang was campaigning in Charleston to prime the low country for his arrival in a few days. Mike himself continued to work the South Carolina upstate by heading to one of the region’s largest fairs. Staffers and volunteers set up a booth in their allotted place, next to a truck serving funnel cakes and a pen filled with alpacas. They attracted quite a few passers-by who were interested in their free campaign stickers and pamphlets. Many of the people recognized Mike even if they did not know his name, thanks to recent digital ad blitzes and years of hurricane coverage on cable channels across the southeast. He received more than a few hugs and promises of support from (mostly) women who had seen his recent interview on the extremely popular daytime talk show The Chat.

Mike spoke with as many people as possible. Even though Anderson County skewed toward the Republicans, people from across he upstate were in attendance. Individuals in the college towns and small cities and suburbs dotting the region made up hundreds of thousands of primary-voting Democrats. The campaign figured that if they could get Mike’s face out there, and showed that his interest in the community went beyond talking at them, it would increase his credibility as a candidate. It worked for President Clifford and President Baharia, and it would work again.

So, he made the rounds through the fair. He watched a local country artist perform, sampled beer from a craft brewery, ate a po’ boy, and took a selfie every time he was recognized. Most importantly, he did his best to have as many run-ins with the media as possible. There was no doubt that the local papers would include something about a major presidential candidate attending a fair in the upstate, where no other candidate had gone.

When Mike wasn’t eating, drinking, or talking to people, the volunteers set up a miniature version of the Iowa State Fair’s political soap box, by putting a small box in front of a VELÉZ banner. They also put up a sign that announced he would be making a ‘get to know me’ speech every half hour or so. For this, Mike used a similar speech to the one he used in Henderson, but he made it a little bit more moderate, as the upstate Democrats skewed more to the center than the ones in Clark County. White suburban college educated voters were drawn that kind of empty fluff to it like a house cat to catnip. While he was heckled a few times as “the guy who spoke Spanish,” (thanks to hate incited by Burgun), the campaign could mostly stave those protestors off. More often than not, he was received courteously, if not positively. Wolf Country was not the hate-filled cesspit The New Yorker might have one believe, as the candidate and his volunteers well knew.

Again, by the end of the night, as the fair was winding down, the candidate was very comfortable giving the speech, helped especially by the craft beers and fried food that lowered his inhibitions.

“Thank you all for stopping by our little campaign booth,” he said. “I know we are keeping you from your funnel cake and alpacas,” he gestured to the nearby attractions, “so I’ll keep it snappy. I’m Mike Velez, presidential candidate, and the Governor of Florida. You might remember me from hurricane coverage. Anyway, if you’re still standing here then you’re interested- so let me introduce myself properly.”

Usually by then if the people wanted to listen, they stayed. If not, they left.

“My parents were born and raised in Cartagena, Colombia. My mom was a Mestiza and my father was a Peninsulare, which meant that their love was frowned upon. But as I’m sure you all know, sometimes you just have to make it work,” he chuckled. “I know my wife and I certainly do. My brother Raúl and I weren’t born in Colombia though, because, long story short, a horrible civil war broke out there starting in the early 1960s. So my parents had to flee. Poor, hungry, and desperate, they embodied the Lazarus poem inscribed on the Statue of Liberty. And like Americans have done for generations, and will continue to do for as long as we strive to be a great country, my parents were welcomed with open arms. As refugees, they were settled in Miramar. They lived the American dream, laying down roots with a two sons and a house with a white picket fence. Like many South Florida families, my parents worked hard to earn and honest living, so my brother and I could be American. We played football, had extra English lessons if we needed them, and we took that yearly trip to Disney World. The whole time though, my parents never let me forget that I was still a Colombian and a proud Latino. We spoke Spanish at home, took bandeja paisa to school in our lunch box, and of course, were cradle Catholics. Most importantly, we learned that diversity is this country’s strength. My mother always told me that the reason we Americans made it to the moon, is because we took in people from all over the world looking for a brighter future.”

There was some clapping.

“I did my best to make my parents proud. I became the first person in my family to go to college, and my parents were relieved I decided to study accounting. I went to work with my Dad as a paper pusher over at Western Union’s Latin American office. Eventually, I made the jump into the non-profit sector by working for a big credit union in the Tampa Bay Area. I wanted to help my community with remittances, buying a house, or putting their kids through college without being preyed upon by financial sharks. I worked my way up to CFO of the organization, a position I was proud to hold. I became politically involved after 9/11. I realized that I couldn’t just make a difference in my community, I needed to do more. Especially when my brother was shipped off to Iraq after enlisting. Eventually, I was asked to serve in the Cabinet after the 2008 election. The President knew of my bilingual upbringing, my time at Western Union Latin America, and my success as a CFO, and he made me the first Hispanic United States Trade Representative. In that position, I represented my community in the cabinet, fought for American small businesses, intellectual property, and against repressive governments in our hemisphere and farther afield.”

There was some clapping.

“In 2014, my home state was struggling under a corrupt former pharmaceutical executive turned Governor. I decided to return and serve my community once again, building a coalition that cut across race, religion, age, and gender. In office, we brought sweeping reform to Florida. Through compromise with the legislature, we legalized medical marijuana, increased teacher salaries and improved the education system, created a voluntary pre-kindergarten program, brought infrastructure overhaul, unprecedented environmental reform, and a dynamic economy. In short- I got shit done.”

There was laughter.

“In 2018, I built a movement that cut across race, gender, and age boundaries to continue bringing change to Florida, and won re-election. Based on that success, we are now building similar a movement for all Americans, recognizing and celebrating our diversity as a nation. In my second term I resisted the Wolf presidency by opposing his immoral immigration crackdown, his gutting of environmental protection, and his weakening of our education system. Even as Arnold Wolf steps down, I am prepared to oppose the new standard bearers I’d hate and vitriol like Bernard Porter, who must be condemned by Democrats and Republicans alike for his dangerous rhetoric.”

There was cheering.

“Folks, I told you I would tell you who I am. Well, I embody everything that Wolfism is not. I am a Hispanic guy with working class roots and a tested, competent record. I’m a guy who knows where he comes from, and knows where his community needs to go. I am ready to fight for you and bring some common sense and decency back to Washington. I am ready to bring in new politics for a new decade!”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:03 pm

For the many, not the few

The Anti-Corruption Plan

“Enough is enough. This country and our government belong to all of us, not just a handful of billionaires.” - Sam Baginski

The current system in government is flawed to the bone. Trust in the institutions of the United States of America are waning, politicians are seen as two-sided hypocrites who do nothing for the betterment of the American people. Lobbying and the interests of rich and powerful control the processes in Washington D.C., this is nothing short of legalized bribery. The big corporations in America have captured the government and only an Anti-Corruption Plan can clean the swamp up. This Plan intends to clean up politics, casting out the well-resourced and funded interests that dominate control over the political process, but also provide a fair solution to campaign fundraising that excludes the bankers, criminals and crooks on Wall St.

What control do large corporations have over our political process?

Big business doesn't donate to political campaigns out of the kindness of their hearts. These are professional business people, expecting something in return. When a billionaire, millionaire or large corporation donates to a candidates political campaign or fund lobbyists, they are doing so to control our political system to benefit their own interests. These big companies include (but not limited to) GoldmanSachs, Microsoft, JPMorgan, Morgan Stanely, Comcast, citi bank, Wells Fargo, Boeing and Facebook. How can we expect our elected representatives to vote for their constituents, not their corporate backers when deciding on funding for a large military budget, if they've received funds from Boeing. Or new banking regulations when funded by GoldmanSachs, JPMorgan and Citi bank. What is occurring in Washington D.C. is nothing short of legalized corruption.

What we're going to do

• Pass a constitutional amendment to ban corporate donations
    We need to pass a constitutional amendment to ban corporate donations. Doing so will overturn the infamous Citizens United case, that defined speech as money. Free speech does not include political donations. This constitutional amendment will effectively eliminate all corporate donations to political campaigns and remove all corporate influences from political campaigns. Overturning Citizens United is not enough, but an amendment will close any loopholes for big business, billionaires and millionaires.
  • Ban corporate donations to DNC
    As the leader of the DNC, should we be successful in our election, we place an immediate ban on all corporate donations going to the Democratic Party and to the Democratic National Committee. As Democrats, we can do better, stronger and not be beholden to corporate interests - it's the least we can do. This will ensure the trust the American public has in the Democratic Party to fight for them, not those sitting pretty in Wall St.
  • Ban on politicians moving onto lobbying following retirement
    Too often, Congresspeople and other politicians after retirement receive cushy-jobs in the private sector to lobby in Washington D.C. This erodes all trust the American people have in our institutions, and this must be banned. If a person has previously served as an elected official in the federal government, they will not be permitted to lobby on behalf of any corporate, big business interests under our plan.
  • Ban corporate contributions to Presidential Inaugurations
    Although not many people know about it, big business donates to incumbent President's inauguration ceremonies. As President, we will not stand for that, and we will ban this process. This is simply wrong, as it is clearly attempts by big corporations to make friends in high places and the funding of inaugurations is no place for Wall St, in particular the big banks who were responsible for the 2008 Global Financial Crisis.
  • Mandatory body-cameras for lobbyists
    The citizens of the United States of America deserve to know who and what is talking to their elected representatives. To improve transparency, all lobbyists will be required to purchase a body-mounted camera when consulting and lobbying with elected representatives in our federal government. These live streams will be posted on C-SPAN for their constituents to watch live, or watch later in an archived section for all to disseminate from (including journalists).
  • Supply Americans with Democracy Dollars to publicly-fund campaigns
    The United States of America, like all other industrialized countries in the world, needs publicly-funded campaigns as to avoid unwanted interests funding the campaigns of aspiring politicians. The size of your wallet should not be a determinant for running for political office. The Federal Government must provide $100 to each adult to be spent only on a political candidate each election cycle. This would constitute $26 billion in public financing of elections and give greater voice to the American people.
  • Pass legislation to ensure public funding of elections
    The plan for democracy dollars cannot cover all elections, in particular state and local contests. But we can pass national legislation to ensure measures of public funding are maintained across the states to keep away the undue influence of dark money in our political system. This is so smaller contests still maintain a high degree of integrity and that these politicians are seeking political support from other sectors.

Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:13 pm

Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

Whatever your opinion about lobbying (I don't need lobbyists, I'm a successful man wih a successful message), they're still American citizens. They're still entitled to the protection of the Fourth Amendment. I thought progressive Democrats were against government surveillance en masse? Latching spy cameras onto American citizens? More evidence that Mental Murphy has no concern about the constitutional limits on government power.
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:49 pm

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Whatever your opinion about lobbying (I don't need lobbyists, I'm a successful man wih a successful message), they're still American citizens. They're still entitled to the protection of the Fourth Amendment. I thought progressive Democrats were against government surveillance en masse? Latching spy cameras onto American citizens? More evidence that Mental Murphy has no concern about the constitutional limits on government power.

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

This is not a matter of the Fourth Amendment, this is a matter of whether the people can watch their elective representatives talk with lobbyists, this is a matter of transparency and democracy. If you believe the voters should not be able to sit in on these meetings, it is an elitist view of our political system. We're supposed to be of the people, by the people, for the people; not corporations and lobbyists in Washington D.C.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:51 pm

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

This is not a matter of the Fourth Amendment, this is a matter of whether the people can watch their elective representatives talk with lobbyists, this is a matter of transparency and democracy. If you believe the voters should not be able to sit in on these meetings, it is an elitist view of our political system. We're supposed to be of the people, by the people, for the people; not corporations and lobbyists in Washington D.C.

(Image)

@JPJ4USA

I'm not going to tell you how to run your campaign, buddy, but the words "Pandora's Box", "Rubicon", and "slippery slope" come to mind.
Neoliberal

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:05 am

Puertollano wrote:
(Image)
Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

(Image)

@JPJ4USA

I'm not going to tell you how to run your campaign, buddy, but the words "Pandora's Box", "Rubicon", and "slippery slope" come to mind.

Levi Murphy
@LeviMurphy

You are a very subservient member of the political swamp. Time for change, not faux populism.

J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:11 am

New York
Wednesday 1st May

After his trip to California, a key part of Jonah's message was the need to enable blue state Republicans to feel that they had a voice - that they had someone advocating for them. California was a huge state with many disenfranchised Republicans, but so was New York, and he hoped that his shtick - the listening campaign of warm, grandfatherly Jonah - would work its magic here as much as it had in California. Buoyed by optimism from his visits to Nevada, South Carolina and New Hampshire, he was eager to hit the ground running here in New York.

The 27th District of New York was positioned between the districts covering Buffalo and Rochester in the northwest of the state, and it was here he was going to make his pitch to rural, upstater New Yorkers. It was, after all, the reddest district in the state, and thus - in his view - significantly valuable to him if he can build momentum there. He headed to Geneseo, in Livingston County. On the Genesee river, it used to regularly flood before the construction of the Mount Morris Dam in the 1950s. It was here that he was going to make his infrastructure pitch, and he had arranged for an auditorium to be made available to him at the State University of New York College at Geneseo. Whilst he attracted some conservative students out of interest, this particular event had been signposted for both the local elderly and for local farmers - agriculture was a big thing for upstate New York, a fact that was often overlooked. With everyone seated, after the liberal (gasp!) provision of breakfast sandwiches, he went to give his speech.

"Good morning, Geneseo!

It is an absolute pleasure, an absolute wonder, to be here with real New Yorkers. Not Manhattan bankers, not virtue signallers from Brooklyn or the Bronx, not Broadway stars with a sudden and profound belief in the importance of their half baked political ideals. No, this is the real New York. Upstate. The people who New York City has left behind. The people who New York Democrats have left behind. Whilst the Democratic Party has concerned itself with... liberalizing immigration, or tinkering with labor laws, or opposing the President for the sake of it, who has come out and looked at the ticking time bomb that is hanging over communities like this?

Next year, Mount Morris Dam will be 68 years old. Congressional Democrats have continued to fail to sign off on funding for infrastructure maintenance, repair and replacement. It is not a priority for them, when they can make grandstanding speeches for their Twitter commentariat. They don't care that year on year, the concrete crumbles, the steel rusts, and that dam gets ever closer to terminal failure. They don't care about infrastructure, despite the fact that if that dam bursts, it will bring back the specter of flooding on this community which we had all hoped would pass eventlessly out of living memory. Homes and businesses will be destroyed. Crops will fail. People will die.

That is the price for the failure to tackle infrastructure maintenance, repair and replacement. It is not a price measured in bucks, it is a price measured in bodies.

Now I don't know about congressional Democrats, but I do know about being forgotten. I come from West Virginia. A state that many people forget exists. It's a state that has long needed the federal government to do its damn job. Have they? Of course not. So I sympathize with a community like yours, which rests under the shadow of that dam, wondering whether the necessary spending will get signed off on. Whether Dirty Douglas or Slimey Simone actually care about the impact that crisis will have on you. It is a sad story. It is also not an unusual story.

The Calcasieu River Bridge in Louisiana also opened in 1952. It's the same age as the Dam. It carries an interstate highway over it, carrying over 55,000 vehicles every day. It has been rated structurally deficient. They've known they needed to replace it since before 2002. It has been 17 years. That bridge is still there. It is still open. It is still rotting and rusting and degrading. And still, nothing is getting done about it. Not a peep from congressional Democrats, not a peep from Louisiana's Democratic Governor. Where have we heard that story before?

If that bridge fails, there will be a terrible and significant death toll. But it's not even the only one in Louisiana! Louisiana has 13,000 bridges, of which 14% are 'deficient' and 15% are 'functionally obsolute'. Across the U.S., there's over 600,000 bridges, with an average age of 42. I'm willing to put money on the fact that most of the people in here have crossed a deficient bridge. So even if you don't live in the direct danger zone of the dam upriver from here, make no mistake, the Democrats in Congress and the Democrats running states have gambled with your lives. And you've gotten damn lucky, but it's downright disgusting that it has come to this.

Infrastructure isn't flashy. It isn't a big, glitzy thing that you can plaster onto social media. But it is necessary to keeping the American people safe and prosperous. It is necessary to protect your businesses and jobs and livelihoods. It is necessary to protect your homes and families. You have a right to demand enough integrity from your government that they won't gamble with your lives and livelihoods like this.

It's certainly not a situation I could even tolerate if I was your President, so I'm going to let you know my plan to tackle our failing infrastructure in this country.

My budget will outline a heavy increase in funds for the Army Corps of Engineers, and I will direct the Corps of Engineers to begin work - with or without the support of business, though I would like to involve local businesses - on our bridges, on our dams, on every public work which requires maintenance, repair and replacement. I will expand the Corps of Engineers, we'll recruit however many people we need. But we'll get it done, because if we don't, people will die, or people's businesses will be ruined, or their communities torn apart. That's not a price I'm willing to pay for political impotence.

There are many areas about which I am prepared to be a budget hawk. Administration and bureaucracy come to mind. Foreign aid is another. But you can't scrimp here, not on this policy, not when the alternative is accepting avoidable deaths. That is negligence. Criminal negligence. And if those congressmen and women or Senators or Governors weren't in preserved, immunized positions of power, they would be treated as criminals for the sheer disregard to human life that they show by pushing this issue under the rug. It's wrong that you've been pushed under the rug, Geneseo! And if I achieve nothing else with this campaign, I at least want to bring the stories, the anxieties, the issues of overlooked communities like your own to Washington, so someone will damn well listen! You deserve better! You have a right to demand better!

We need to move heaven and earth if we are going to keep Americans safe. It is the first duty of the President to keep Americans safe, so as much as President, I will be focused on fighting crime and terror, I will also fight this disease which is ravaging our political class. Complacency. Action is called for and I promise you, President Prendergast will give you action on infrastructure. I will make sure that the dam upriver is safe. I will keep your community safe. And that is something I intend to deliver on time after time in each of the thousands of instances where Americans are being let down and being left unsafe by the negligence of Democratic governors and legislators.

I thank you all for coming to hear me out, and it's been a delight to be here. Thank you."

After the speech, he went to shake hands and listen to people's individual stories. He wanted to get to know them, get to know Geneseo, and all in all, learn as much as he could about this particular community. He would then make his way down towards New York City, not to listen to Manhattan, or Brooklyn, or the Bronx. No, he was going to go to Staten Island this time, going to hold a second rally in the same day, this time in the afternoon in Staten Island, the only part of New York City which elects Republicans to either the House or as their Borough Presidents.

From one college auditorium to another, he'd hired out the auditorium at the College of Staten Island Center for the Arts, and again, an open invitation had gone out. The solid, consistent Republican turnout of Staten Island had helped deliver (not-Giuliani) and (not-Bloomberg) to City Hall, and he was determined to try to gain their support. As such, he focused in on the forgotten blue state Republican narrative that he had deployed in California most heavily here.

"Good afternoon, Staten Island!

Aren't you tired of being ignored? Sometimes, narrowly, you manage to get a Mayor who isn't a crooked, institutional Democrat. But more often than not, the Mayor of New York City is a Democrat. You've not had a Governor who reflects your views since 2006. Hell, (not-Eliot Spitzer) had to face the threat of impeachment before he'd resign for his filthy dealings with hookers. It's a sad, sad state of affairs. You shouldn't have to face this situation.

I come from West Virginia. I'm used to being ignored by higher authorities. The press gives it little attention, and the federal government even less. That's a raw deal. And it's the same raw deal you get dealt when you keep having your votes overridden by a system that is stacked against you. The state of New York hasn't had a Republican Senator since 1999. How on God's Earth are the views of rational, level headed, conservative New Yorkers going to be represented to the federal government? It's not fair. It was a New Yorker who delivered the New Deal for the economy in the '30s, but right now, I'm here to promise you a New Deal for democracy.

This is a problem I saw straight up in California too. Large areas of conservative, Republican voters stranded in Democratic-dominated states. This is not the promise of America. You work hard, you pay your taxes, but you're denied a say in the hand that governs you. That's not fair. That has to change. No longer can the United States short change conservatives in our political system! Instead of a great Republican New Yorker like Fiorella La Guardia, a great Mayor who took on the corrupt Tammany Hall system and put power back into the hands of guys like you, you've got people like Senator Karel Volek, a crooked creature of that wicked establishment, who - like the idiomatic cockroach - seems like he'll resist a nuclear explosion to keep the corruption he represents alive. You guys deserve better!

Here's what I propose - if I become your President, I will have a President's Council of State and Local Delegates. This Council will be made up of Republican candidates for governorship in hard blue states, and for mayorship in major cities like this one, so that the views of state and local Republicans like you will be represented and be listened to at a federal level. New York Republicans, or California Republicans, or Illinois Republicans, or Washington Republicans, fear no longer! If I am your President, I will receive direct counsel on your states and localities, on your circumstances, beyond your impotent and corrupt Democratic Governors. That is my pledge to you. For once, you will be listened to. Your voices will be given the weight and value that they deserve.

You know how you can tell that the Democrats who run this city, and this state, hold you in contempt and don't listen to your issues? Staten Island, Richmond County, is the only one of New York City's five boroughs that doesn't have a city-operated hospital. You don't have a correctional facility to help deal with crime here. You are described as the 'Forgotten Borough'. Well, I say to Hell with that! Staten Island is, in my opinion, the best and most hardworking of the five boroughs. The city dropped a damn garbage dump on you, and you worked hard and made the best of it. Now, you're turning it into a public park! Nevermind life giving you lemons and making lemonade, I'd like to see the suited up, liberal yuppies in Manhattan and Brooklyn take garbage and turn it into a beautiful green space. You guys represent the best of America, and that spirit, that unyielding drive for better, is something I will remember forever, whether I win or not.

When it comes to cases where small, oppressed Republican minorities like yours here in Staten Island are mistreated by state and local authorities dominated by Democrats, I want you to know that you wil have the support of your President, and the support of his Justice Department. The government lawyers can and should be on your side, and if I'm in charge, they will be. It is time for us to take the kiddy gloves off and start getting serious about your rights. Your right to fair treatment by establishments that have been run by Democrats for so long that they just don't care about real Americans anymore.

Whether it's Staten Islanders against New York City, or the people of Fresno against the state of California, or whether it's rural communities in states like Washington or Vermont who are risking losing their constitutional rights, the federal government should be on the side of the little people, the underdogs, giving them the support they morally deserve rather than settling complacently into this cycle of big government and extreme, unchecked power. That's the kind of thing Democrats do. It's not the kind of thing we Republicans should do.

It's time to say 'no more' to unfair, unbalanced compromises that screw us over and mean more dollars and concessions to special interests at the expense of real people. I'm a dealmaker because I'm not a compromiser. I come from business, I know that you win a negotiation by starting from a strong position and negotiating hard. Some candidates have come into this race willing and ready to throw the kitchen sink at Democrats to look productive. A bad deal is a bad deal, and Americans deserve better than a bad deal. Whenever I make a deal in government, I will always remember the Staten Islander, who has been unfairly ignored by the uncaring fossils of goverment. I will not screw over communities like yours for a quick political win! That's my promise!

You're wonderful people, and you've been a wonderful audience. It's been a pleasure to meet you all. Thank you."

Like in Geneseo, he committed plenty of time to shaking hands and smiling, and generally getting to know as many people as he could. New York and New Hampshire weren't just states he was blitzing through to build his recognition and support base, he also was endeavoring to prove that he could win among non-social conservatives as much as conservatives. Two speeches in one day also demonstrates stamina and ability, lest anyone think he wasn't ready and able to take on the Democrats at the ballot box. Nonetheless, he felt warm after his New York visit, and went to head onwards to his next engagement.

Prendergast 2020: Guarding a Greater America Campaign
South Carolina Drivetime Radio Ad Buy

It wasn't ideal to keep cutting checks for expensive ad buys, but considering the amount of time he was spending in other states, he felt the outlay of money here was justifiable. He wanted to spend more time in South Carolina, and he had a big visit there, and Slater had worked hard for him here, but he couldn't be everywhere at once.

This ad was recorded by Governor Prendergast himself, albeit it started with an official sounding announcement.

"A campaign appeal from Jonah Prendergast Junior."

It then moved into the Governor's own voice, speaking into the car, speaking personally, one man to another.

"Too long have America's people been taken for granted. The South Carolinians are some of the most exploited, with glitzy, fresh faced politicians wreathing themselves in false piety as they visit, before forgetting about South Carolina when the primary has come and gone."

"But I don't forget the stories from South Carolina. I don't forget the worries of the Myrtle Beach retirees who fear young Democrats raiding their social security, I don't forget the strength of feeling you have about abortion run amok, and I don't forget the hard work of so many decent South Carolinians, thrown into jeopardy by socialist economic chaos."

"My campaign is a listening campaign. I heard you, South Carolina, I feel you. Let me take your anger to Washington and make Congress listen."

"When February 29th next year rolls around, vote for me, so I can make sure you voices are heard. If you want to donate to or volunteer for my campaign, visit JPJ4USA.com or text JONAH to [number]."

"I'm Governor Jonah Prendergast Junior, and I approve this message for decent, everyday South Carolinians."
Neoliberal

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:24 am

Senator Volek's main office, Manhattan- May 1st

Volek's local staffers, who would usually be working on constituent services around this time of day, were flooded with calls from New Yorkers who were inquisitive at best and using obscenities at worst.

One staffer dialed the Senator, who became more and more enraged as he learned what exactly was going on. He swore that Prendergast would not go unpunished.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse