NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:01 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Dentali wrote:"One of the reasons i'm running is because I can deliver that trifecta, 2018 showed people like Prendergast at the top of the ticket... Wolfism is not good the party as a whole. But should that not happen I have a proven record working with democrats as a congressman and a governor. I got bi-partisan healthcare reform done, and I released an urban violence initiative plan with Senator Little already, its something I hope to continue with other Democratic candidates. I have more experience working across the aisle and making real change than Prendergast, Wolf Jr, Bragg, Porter or anyone else. They are either from deep red states or never worked with or in a legislature."

"More than that I listen to people, one by one I work my ass off to figure out the root of their concerns and their issue and then incorporate it. I'm a straight shooter, and I have a great reputation for honest and integrity."

Augusta raised a confused eyebrow as Richardson yet again brought up Prendergast effectively unprovoked. It was starting to sound like a vendetta. But she nodded along to most of the things he said. "What are you prepared to give on, and what are you intend on standing firm on?"

“I made a no new taxes pledge. I intend to compromise on healthcare to get real reform done, probably immigration. I told you no litmus test for abortion, and I will protect gay marriage tooth and nail. But everything else I’m standing firm.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Agarntrop wrote:
Dentali wrote:

"He was pro choice in the first trimester"

"Well, I guess I am in some ways myself, but I won't dwell on that."

“I’m willing to compromise to limit it overall but I’ve never flipped on a position for political reasons. At any rate... he’s been less than honest.”

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:03 pm

Dentali wrote:“I made a no new taxes pledge. I intend to compromise on healthcare to get real reform done, probably immigration. I told you no litmus test for abortion, and I will protect gay marriage tooth and nail. But everything else I’m standing firm.”

She nodded firmly, it was a message should get behind. "I'm fond of your platform and leaning towards you, that's for sure. I will have to hear out Senator Bragg, we share a committee and I respect him as a colleague, but it's definitely down to the two of you who I'll endorse and support. Let's make promises explicit though - what do you actually want to do with me?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:28 pm

The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:
Bruke wrote:
“Most people are loyal... the state parties and the local parties are supposed to make sure that whoever runs for federal office has been vetted over the course of their political career. It’s a subtler process now. It used to be -in your father’s time, in my time- that the party would just pick someone. And that would be it. Sometimes I wish it was like the old days- no squabbling, just falling in line.... I think other than Westra, Winthrop, and Murphy, the rest of the Senators are loyal- I mean, no one else comes to mind as being... problematic.”

"Yes...but remember they're frontrunners. They'll keep cycling in their cronies. We need to cauterise them before they can start infecting other states as well."

“Westra’s the priority for us, then- I don’t know if Murphy is planning to step down. Winthrop already has a challenger we can all get behind.”

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:29 pm

Donaldson's Mansion

Due to John and Tracey being out on the campaign trail, it was up to John's secretary's to produce the invitations to his engagement party. It was a very tideous job, but they were paid very well for doing it. Plus they enjoyed the eye-candy of John Donaldson.

After printing many invitations, they sent them to the politicians of the United States.

Dear Friend,

You are invited to attend John Donaldson's and Tracey Williams Engagement party at his Parker Island Mansion in Upstate New York. This will be a celebration of their past and future relationship.

I hope you all will attend for a night of a lifetime!

Gifts are welcomed, but not required.

Many thanks,
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:32 pm

Dentali wrote:“I made a no new taxes pledge. I intend to compromise on healthcare to get real reform done, probably immigration. I told you no litmus test for abortion, and I will protect gay marriage tooth and nail. But everything else I’m standing firm.”

She nodded firmly, it was a message should get behind. "I'm fond of your platform and leaning towards you, that's for sure. I will have to hear out Senator Bragg, we share a committee and I respect him as a colleague, but it's definitely down to the two of you who I'll endorse and support. Let's make promises explicit though - what do you actually want to do with me?"

“If you want in the cabinet you are in, otherwise you’ll have a powerful ally to push for legislation. On your end of things I’d like you to speak well of me privately to important groups in your home state and then a week before the primary endorse me.”

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes...but remember they're frontrunners. They'll keep cycling in their cronies. We need to cauterise them before they can start infecting other states as well."

“Westra’s the priority for us, then- I don’t know if Murphy is planning to step down. Winthrop already has a challenger we can all get behind.”

"Yes, I'll see what we can do. I'll look in my contacts down in Jersey, you can too. I'll make a public announcement, endorse Lynskey - you should too."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:35 pm

Dentali wrote:“If you want in the cabinet you are in, otherwise you’ll have a powerful ally to push for legislation. On your end of things I’d like you to speak well of me privately to important groups in your home state and then a week before the primary endorse me.”

"I can hold my endorsement until you feel it'd be more punchy, sure." She smiled softly, giving a gentle nod. "I'll reach some feelers out, New Hampshirites really aren't all so liberal as some people like to make out. In terms of the Cabinet? Well, I like to think I would make a good Attorney General, if you've not picked anyone for that role."
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:58 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Yes, I'll see what we can do. I'll look in my contacts down in Jersey, you can too. I'll make a public announcement, endorse Lynskey - you should too."

"I'd prefer to meet with Lynskey before endorsing him- just to see where's he coming from, so to speak."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:00 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Yes, I'll see what we can do. I'll look in my contacts down in Jersey, you can too. I'll make a public announcement, endorse Lynskey - you should too."

"I'd prefer to meet with Lynskey before endorsing him- just to see where's he coming from, so to speak."

"Learning about him is good, but it seems he's proved himself in public. Very well. After all, there's no such thing as too much caution."
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:05 pm

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:"Well, I guess I am in some ways myself, but I won't dwell on that."

“I’m willing to compromise to limit it overall but I’ve never flipped on a position for political reasons. At any rate... he’s been less than honest.”

Smith began to feel awkward as someone who himself had flipped on abortion, so decided to change subject.

"What would you do fiscally?"
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:13 pm

Levi Murphy Latino Voter Drive
Paradise, Nevada

Team Levi arrived in Paradise, Nevada, one of the highest populations of Latino voters in the state of Nevada. Like they had done in California, the campaign was trying to boost clout with Latino and Hispanic voters, in particular enrolling supportive Latino and Hispanic people to enroll to vote. The campaign sponsored a morning breakfast in the community, the volunteers would cook up bacon and eggs and would attract the local people in the area to come visit. The attraction was the free food, but it was still a political event, so the campaign volunteers were handing out promotional material for the Senator. Levi Murphy was there to, talking and chatting with voters. There were several stands set up at the event, including a stand to enroll to vote, another all about their presidential campaign, and the others were for community groups.

Following the breakfast, Levi stood up on a hay bale platform to give a short speech to the gathered crowed. "Thanks, Paradise for coming this morning. I hope the food was nice. I'm here to talk to you all about the Presidential election. I know, when most people talk about it, it can feel almost draining. But, as you may all know, this election is incredibly important. After Wolf said that he will not re-contest, we have a gunning chance to win this election and take back the White House. I'm running to be President of the United States. My name is Levi Murphy, I am the Senator for Minnesota and former union leader in Minnesota. I want to see government that works for the many, not the few. Our system is built currently that working people are disadvantaged, and only if you are flowing with cash, you get a chance. That's not right.

I propose solutions to the problems places like Nevada, Paradise, and America more broadly, like Medicare for All, a Green New Deal, A Second Bill of Rights, a real program to put worker's first and to end the corruption in Washington D.C. These are important to me, because during my time in the Senate, I've realized how rigged the system is against working class people: like yourselves. It's abhorrent that we do not have a form of universal healthcare in this country, and unfortunately that will never pass the Republican-controlled Senate, but I'm not convinced it would pass a Democratic-controlled House either! That's why we must elect progressives not only for President, but down-ballot too, because it's not only the President who is elected in 2020. It's the Senate, it's the House.

My other plan is a Green New Deal, mirrored on the successful New Deal instituted by FDR. We need to transform our economies, away from subsistence to coal and other forms of unsustainable energy, but move to green energy. Our plan includes a jobs creation program, to create 20 million new jobs, revitalizing coal country and bringing jobs to Nevada! Most of all, however, it's about avoiding the terrible effects of climate change as it impacts our farmers, our coastal communities and so forth. It is black and brown Americans, but also many of the Pacific Island nations that will suffer the most from climate change. I hear silence from the White House on this issue, so we need real leadership.

I would appreciate your support in our political revolution to the White House. It is people like all of you who have been let down, time and time again by the political establishment. So let's send them a clear message: no means no, and we're coming to take our politics and government back. If I could receive your support on caucus today, we can create a nation that puts progressive values first, puts workers first and takes care of our whole society, not the big billionaires and big business. I do not take any corporate donations, I do not see any lobbyists, so any support is appreciated during these times. Thank you, Paradise. I hope to see you all on caucus day!"
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Learning about him is good, but it seems he's proved himself in public. Very well. After all, there's no such thing as too much caution."

"Are there any bills that you're seeing in the Senate that could particularly help or hurt the Northeast?"

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Learning about him is good, but it seems he's proved himself in public. Very well. After all, there's no such thing as too much caution."

"Are there any bills that you're seeing in the Senate that could particularly help or hurt the Northeast?"

"Well, this'll help New Haven and the more impoverished parts of your state...James Moore wrote it."

She handed Volek a copy of the PPRP.
Please Watch

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:00 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Well, this'll help New Haven and the more impoverished parts of your state...James Moore wrote it."

Volek let out a low whistle. "Seems everyone's in agreement... and what a bill to agree on. I'm happy to be a co-sponsor, and I'll have one of my Hunter College kids do a through read-through to see if any adjustments need to made."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:03 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Well, this'll help New Haven and the more impoverished parts of your state...James Moore wrote it."

Volek let out a low whistle. "Seems everyone's in agreement... and what a bill to agree on. I'm happy to be a co-sponsor, and I'll have one of my Hunter College kids do a through read-through to see if any adjustments need to made."

"Of course. We should probably work to get more Republican Senate support, get some of the good publicity from this bill."
Please Watch

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm

John Atang
Charleston, South Carolina
2nd May 2019
Surrogate Velez Rally

"Thank you very much! Thank you so much! The overwhelming feeling that I feel today is one of pride. I am so, so proud to be part of this beautiful, this wonderful Velez team. Every single one of you have conducted yourselves with absolute integrity. Do we need lies in our campaign? No we do not! We do not need any lies because the truth of the matter is it is we who have the solutions to the greatest problems facing our communities today. Is Mike gonna win here?!

Crowd: Yes!

He absolutely is. And the far-left and far-right extremists and self-declared neoliberals that are against him will be defeated at the polls and this state will have somebody on their side once again. In the weeks and months ahead I admit it will be hard. You will have sore legs, sore feet, your shoes will have holes in them, your throats will be hoarse from all of the conversations you will have.

"But on the night of November 3rd 2020 when those polling stations close, every single one of your energies, every single one of your conversations that you have had will be absolutely worth it because many people right now still do not know who they are gonna vote for, in the primaries or in the general, and it is our job to have a conversation with every single one of those people who do not know who they are gonna vote for, and tell them that a better society is possible. A better world is absolutely possible.

"Why do we do this, brothers and sisters? Why will we leave our families and partners and campaign for the months ahead? It is because we need a Velez Presidency! But most of all, it is for those forty million people in poverty, twelve million of which are children. Let that number sink in for a moment, it means that one in six of all the children in America are in poverty! We are doing it for those children! We are having those conversations for the children of our communities!

"Why are we having the conversations? Well it is because of the fact that if you are born black today you are over twice as likely to be born into poverty than if you were born white! When Mike is President he will act as Baharia famously acted on these issues: when they say we can't change these injustices, he will respond with yes we can!

"So when we feel like it is too hard, when we have those conversations all day with more and more people, note that we are doing it for the average person who has been sanctioned so cruelly by this shameless President! Note we are doing it for the average person who cannot feed their child, who goes out to work every single day, spends hours and hours at work but cannot pay their bills. All of our energy is for them to build a different and better society. Is it possible?!

Crowd: Yes!

"Of course it is possible, these next few months, they will throw absolutely everything at us. Mike has sustained the most unbelievable attacks on his character in the last few years and he is still standing tall. He is still standing strong.

"Because we don't need to spread fake news, we don't need to spread lies, we are on the right side of history, we will create a Velez administration on November 3rd. Go out there, have all of the conversations you can, occupy every single space with our politics.

"Thank you very much."
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:08 pm

To: Senator Augusta Merriam

Dear Senator Merriam,

I wish to inform you of Senator Moore's bill, the PPRP. I am asking you to sponsor it, as it will benefit many of our constituents across the nation. If you have any concerns, please meet me in person to discuss them.

Most sincerely,
Senator Erika Goldman.

Enclosed
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Dear Senator Merriam,

I wish to inform you of Senator Moore's bill, the PPRP. I am asking you to sponsor it, as it will benefit many of our constituents across the nation. If you have any concerns, please meet me in person to discuss them.

Most sincerely,
Senator Erika Goldman.

Enclosed

TO: [Senator Erika Goldman]

Dear Senator Goldman,

I appreciate you emailing me about this. As it stands, I'm wary of large scale government spending programs in general and would like to see some off-sets, if we're going to lock in some development spending, by reducing expenditure elsewhere in the federal budget.

Yours,

Senator Merriam
Neoliberal

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Dentali wrote:“If you want in the cabinet you are in, otherwise you’ll have a powerful ally to push for legislation. On your end of things I’d like you to speak well of me privately to important groups in your home state and then a week before the primary endorse me.”

"I can hold my endorsement until you feel it'd be more punchy, sure." She smiled softly, giving a gentle nod. "I'll reach some feelers out, New Hampshirites really aren't all so liberal as some people like to make out. In terms of the Cabinet? Well, I like to think I would make a good Attorney General, if you've not picked anyone for that role."

"AG would be a good fit. Ands its currently unoccupied... I need someone not scared to go after either party if they step out of line."

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:19 pm

Dentali wrote:"AG would be a good fit. Ands its currently unoccupied... I need someone not scared to go after either party if they step out of line."

"You don't need to mince words - you want to rip the corruption out of our party as much as those opposite. I understand. You'll know from my record as Attorney General of New Hampshire, and Secretary of State there also, that I'm a rigorous nonpartisan operator in those roles."
Neoliberal

Bruke
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Bruke wrote:

"Of course. We should probably work to get more Republican Senate support, get some of the good publicity from this bill."

"I'm not sure most Republicans would support this bill... but it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for letting me know about it- I can think of counties in Upstate New York that could benefit."

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:23 pm

Dear Senator Merriam,

Most sincerely,
Senator Erika Goldman.

Enclosed

Dear Senator Goldman,

I appreciate you emailing me about this. As it stands, I'm wary of large scale government spending programs in general and would like to see some off-sets, if we're going to lock in some development spending, by reducing expenditure elsewhere in the federal budget.

Yours,

Senator Merriam

To: [Senator Augusta Merriam]

Dear Senator Merriam,

Please meet me in my office, so we can come to an agreement about this.

Yours,
Senator Goldman.
Please Watch

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:25 pm

Bruke wrote:
The World Capitalist Confederation wrote:"Of course. We should probably work to get more Republican Senate support, get some of the good publicity from this bill."

"I'm not sure most Republicans would support this bill... but it doesn't hurt to try. Thank you for letting me know about it- I can think of counties in Upstate New York that could benefit."

"Well, all we need is enough to stop a veto. That'll be a lot, but I'm sure Rust Belt Republicans won't be willing to let their constituents lose out on billions in funding. I'll try my best."
Please Watch

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:27 pm

To: [Senator Augusta Merriam]

Dear Senator Merriam,

Please meet me in my office, so we can come to an agreement about this.

Yours,
Senator Goldman.

Respectfully, Erika, isn't this Moore's bill? Shouldn't he be negotiating this with me himself?

Yours,
Augusta
Neoliberal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse