NATION

PASSWORD

Separatist Uprising in Eastern Irpan (MT IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Irpan
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Separatist Uprising in Eastern Irpan (MT IC)

Postby Irpan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:09 am

The Capital, Irpan City, two weeks after the attempted Coup

The capital was still reeling. The ruins of tanks and APCs still littered the streets, though the bodies they had left were gone. The signs of destruction were still evident on many buildings and the sight of armed troops patrolling every day filled many with fear. The attempted coup had begun bloodless with a storming of the Imperial Palace and Government headquarters by troops loyal to the Eastern Generals of the Imperial Army, but the control they had exerted was short lived as troops loyal to the Emperor soon struck at the capital with force unprecedented and relieved the Eastern Generals of their command. The Generals had then fought their way free of the capital with a 1000 men and women under arms and fled into the east where they had now seized power and broken away from Irpan as a larger nation and declared the Irpan People's Republic.

In the Government Headquarters Emperor Jonathan Nigel sits in his seat of power at the head of the long table surrounded by government ministers and the generals who had been loyal to him. "Gentlemen, we have reached a dangerous time in our history, not since the dark days of the Genocide have we faced a threat this dire. The Irpanese are meant to be a united people and I have attempted to rule them as such, but now it seems we must fight each other. Generals what news from the front?" The Emperor looked at his two top Generals, Major Generals Thomas Markus and Owen Luka. "My Emperor, we have hit an impasses. The enemy has left only one bridge across the river Tomika and we have no equipment to force a bridgehead elsewhere. So now we face the enemy along a very narrow front. We are bringing up our heavy guns to pound the enemy but they have their own guns stolen from our arsenals in the East and have begun counter battery fire. This war, as that is what it now is Sir, will not be over quickly I fear." General Luka reported to his Emperor. Emperor Jonathan leaned back in his chair and held a hand to his forehead rubbing his temples. "I will call up the reserves in the press conference tonight then, if we can not resolve this war quickly manpower will be our best defence. Do we have enough equipment?"
"Yes My Emperor, our Sa80 A3 production has slowed with the loss of the Eastern Foundries but we have more than enough A2s left over to supply men with. Challenger 2s and Warriors we have plenty of, but we are lacking in our motorised section the enemy has more of them than us." General Markus reported. The Emperor nodded and then dismissed the ministers and generals and sat alone for some time before rising to take the word to the people.

Press Conference speech:

"My people, my children. It is with grave news that I, your beloved Emperor, address you today. If the east of our beloved country we have seen the rise of a new threat. One that seeks to overwhelm and destroy our very nation if we are not careful. This People's Republic is an illegal manifestation of evil that will do all in its power to destroy your way of life. To prevent this I call out to the international community to come, to come and help our Glorious Empire to defeat this evil and re-establish peace in our glorious nation. In turn i will be calling to active duty to all reservists, this war will be long and hard but with the proper application of force we can shorten it. I am sadden by all that has happened in the past two weeks and I hope you will join me in praying for peace to be restored soon. Goodnight my people, I hope to see you again tomorrow for our next meeting."

Peoples Republic of Joyea
Ambassador

Founded: May 04, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:50 pm

At the international airports and the remains of military airfields in Irpan city Joyean troops and aid workers along with food, water, and medical supplies were being dropped off. Once the tanks, trucks, APCs and other vehicles left the airport grounds they began patrolling the remains of the city finding terrified citizens, rebels, and troops loyal to the Empire of Irpan. They regrouped with loyalist forces and immediately began patrols around the city to destroy enemy camps, much like the Vietnam War search and destroy tactics.
I adhere to some NS stats not all
Incumbent General Secretary: Wann Khaoma
Incumbent Party Chairman: Nguyễn Nam Sơn
Incumbent Parliament Speaker: Chen Reasmey
Incumbent Chief Justice of the Peoples Superior Court: Tống Duy Hải

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:05 pm

Skies over Southern Irpan

Helicopters flew in low and fast. On the horizon one might have imagined they could hear the crack of artillery, see the flash of shellfire. But in that moment all they could see was the dark close countryside, all they could hear the thumping propellers of the helicopters as they descended on the old airfield. Unused for decades, it was now little more than a somewhat straight somewhat flat stretch of farmed earth. Now it was the staging ground for Operation Steady Hand.

There was nought but that ever-present thump as the helicopters pulled up, ropes appeared and dark figures descended. The soldiers of the Royal Air Commando had deployed.

Chamberlain Command, five hours earlier

"The situation is simple. Irpan is about to rip itself apart, and the Irpanese are going to pay the price once again for a few madmens delusions. Unless we intervene".

General Hamilton stood a proud figure in front of the map displaying Irpan, a map showing the quickly massing forces of both factions.

"The plan is not so simple, but with your assent a small force of RAC stand ready to land close to their southern border and secure an old airfield as a staging area. From there, we build up a small but powerful neutral presence as a haven for civilians. Once we're established enough, we leverage that to push for peace and end the war."

The room sat silent. An anonymous civil servant asked the question most expected of him.

"How much would this take?"

"Not much. We expect a Regiment to be enough barring complications, but we have plans for as little as a Battalion, as much as 4 divisions. All rapid deployment forces. The first battalion can be deployed within 24 hours of your assent."

A quiet murmur of approval. Good. Time to nail it home.

"I don't need to remind everyone here what happened last time we refused to act in Irpan. This plan could save thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of lives. I know some may question us proceeding without an outright invitation, but as far as I'm aware the invitation isn't needed. We have no allegiance to Irpan, we fight for the Irpanese. Do I have your consent to proceed?"

Another round of murmurs. A single voice speaks, the Prime Minister

"proceed with pace general, let us take care of the diplomacy".

The following message is to be sent to the governments of both sides as the RAC helicopters cross into Irpan

Code: Select all
To all concerned forces.

The forces of our nation today crossed into Irpan on a humanitarian mission. They pose no threat to anyone who desires the peace and fufillment of the Irpanese. Interference in their mission will be considered a crime against humanity, and dealt with as such. Therefore, for the sake of all concerned, a no fly zone has been created around these co-ordinates. Peaceful violations will be monitored. Violent ones dealt with.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:33 am

Government Headquarters, Irpan City, Irpan 0540

"They did what!?" Emperor Jonathan Nigel sat up in his chair that he had only occupied a few minutes earlier after receiving news that needed to be addressed. "They dropped troops on the old Mantuni Airstrip sir." General Markus said looking very nervous. General Luka had set out for the front at this moment leaving Markus to deal with things in the capital. "That's in the south correct?" Asked the Defence Minister Ronald. Markus nodded and Ronald leaned back in his seat making it creak with his immense weight. "If it is a humanitarian mission as they claim then I see no need to worry your majesty. If you want we can dispatch a unit of the Imperial Guard to keep an eye on them from the nearby military base make sure nothing untoward is going on."
"Yes do that, I want the third Regiment to deploy at least 200 men to guard them. Keep the rebels away from them and such we can't risk the rebels bringing a wider war down on our heads." The Emperor spoke quickly, "And our assistance force? I hear they landed and have been helping to secure the capital?"
"Yes My liege they have been helping our troops root out rebel cells that had remained behind in the city. They have been very effective in the fighting here." Markus reported. The Emperor nodded with a happy look on his face then turned to the map spread out on the table in front of him. Military icons were displayed on it and were looking ready to overwhelm the eastern part of the map. "When does the offensive begin?" He asked looking at Markus who lifted his watch to his face.
"In two minutes sir." He answered.
"Good let's get this war started!" The Emperor exclaimed.

Mantuni Airfield 0545

The Convoy moved quickly down the road. The foreigners had already been in country for a day and the Guardsmen were eager to meet them and see what they looked like. As the convoy came close to the airfield it turned off the main road a simple pair of Land Rovers carrying on down the road to the gates of the airfield a white flag attached to the radio antenna. The rest of the convoy turned off about a mile away and headed towards the gates of the old military base that had been attached to the airfield in days gone by. It was still occupied by a company of Imperial Engineers who looked rather shocked to see Warriors and trucks pulling into their compound. "What's the word Sapper?" One officer asked a young engineer as he was busying himself with his work of maintaining a barracks. "We told them to bugger off when they came to take the base and they listened but that's it sir. You got enough men? We don't have enough barracks."

Meanwhile the two land rovers pulled up to the gates of the old airfield where they were met by the foreign soldiers. "Hello I am Major Thomas Magnum, looking for your commander to greet him to Irpan." Magnum was a large man who was built nearly entirely of muscle. He had a gigantic handle bar moustache as well.

The Front line 0545

The men were sat in there trenches looking out across the fields at the bridge that was the only remaining way into Eastern Irpan. The bridge was made of piled dirt with drainage tunnels dug through to allow the river to continue to flow. This is why the rebels had been unable to destroy it. But they had left a rather large crater in the middle of it. Tanks and APCs would struggle to cross the bridge so it had come down to a good old fashioned infantry assault to take the bridge and the village on the other side. A village teeming with rebel troops and heavy machine guns. "Artillery starting soon." Came the whispered voice of an officer passing the news down the line. Suddenly the air filled with the harsh noise of artillery firing from the rear. The shell impacts could be seen hitting the opposite bank of the river and ripping up clods of dirt, setting houses to flame or outright destroying them. The artillery was the beginning soon the infantry would charge.

Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:30 am

Arjun tanks, EO-6 APCs, and other military vehicles rolled through the streets of Irpan city accompanied by Irpanese forces to attempt to drive out the remaining rebel. The JNS Typhoon a Kiev class aircraft carrier was accompanied by the JNS Cunningham a Hood class battleship had entered Irpan's coastal waters the Typhoon had launched it's A-4s to help the joyean army to destroy rebel bases. The Joyean and Irpanese forces went around destroying rebel bases and the Joyean forces even started using guerilla warfare against the rebels as a scare tactic. Joyean forces have also been using it's military radio station to demoralize the troops sometimes by reading a list of rebels names and saying they died or were captured we also did the same thing but said that they were going to die. We have also began firing BM-21s, B-24s, BM-14s, BM-30s, and RLM-70 multiple rocket launcher systems into the city. We have also started to notice that the rebels have a small air force consisting of old mainly soviet fighters the most common one being the MiG-17, MiG-21, and MiG-23. We are not sure where these aircraft are launched from yet but it has to be near the city. Next after almost 14 hours straight of fighting Irpan city was cleared of just about all rebels.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:32 am

Peoples Republic of Joyea wrote:Arjun tanks, EO-6 APCs, and other military vehicles rolled through the streets of Irpan city accompanied by Irpanese forces to attempt to drive out the remaining rebel. The JNS Typhoon a Kiev class aircraft carrier was accompanied by the JNS Cunningham a Hood class battleship had entered Irpan's coastal waters the Typhoon had launched it's A-4s to help the joyean army to destroy rebel bases. The Joyean and Irpanese forces went around destroying rebel bases and the Joyean forces even started using guerilla warfare against the rebels as a scare tactic. Joyean forces have also been using it's military radio station to demoralize the troops sometimes by reading a list of rebels names and saying they died or were captured we also did the same thing but said that they were going to die. We have also began firing BM-21s, B-24s, BM-14s, BM-30s, and RLM-70 multiple rocket launcher systems into the city. We have also started to notice that the rebels have a small air force consisting of old mainly soviet fighters the most common one being the MiG-17, MiG-21, and MiG-23. We are not sure where these aircraft are launched from yet but it has to be near the city. Next after almost 14 hours straight of fighting Irpan city was cleared of just about all rebels.

OOC: Sorry but the rebels don't have aircraft, niether are they entrenched in the city, it has been two weeks since the coup. I allowed the first bit of mopping up but this is ridiculous!

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am

Mantuni Airfield 0545

Captain Ian Horsfield stood out of his foxhole, one arm aloft as a greeting to the convoy approaching. Seems they'd gotten the message. Hopefully they didn't see the dozens of soldiers scattered hidden around the airfield, all holding their weapons trained on the convoy. He spoke into his radio.

Convoy is Irpanese. Currently non-hostile. Lumberjack flight, do not engage, repeat do not engage

Walking up to the Irpanese officer, a giant of a man looking a bit out of the last century. Horsfield slung his M4 over his shoulder. Listening to this Major Magnum Horsfield identified himself, before relaying the crucial information.

"Sorry mate, I'm not the commanding officer here. Well I suppose I am, but I won't be in a few minutes. It'll all be clear soon, you'll see."

Over his radio the new message was audible for the major as well

Lumberjack flight two minutes out. Keep the runway clear

"Ah, perfect, you can see them there Major"

Over the hills they were just visible, but growing every second. Six shadows, two larger than the others flying low over the mountains, the roar of jet engines in the air.

"If I were you mate I'd pull out of those barracks. We'll need the room for the engineers and the like I'm afraid. Oh, I was meant to read you this". He pulled a note out of a pocket

By the authority of his majesty the King, the Government of Cressageland formally declares the use of this airfield for humanitarian operations, and the creation of a small "bubble" of no more than 10km around in order to protect the crucial operations wherein. The Government will happily pay rent after the crisis is abated. Please direct all queries to my Government. Good day

Putting the note away he quickly remembered as well. "If I was you as well, I'd get off this airfield before they land"

Lumberjack flight, 0550

Flight commander Donaldson sat in the cockpit of his F-16 watching the airfield approach beneath them. No radar signatures detected, but something was going on down there, the RAC Captain had been sure to let them all know.

Flight number five, pull away and give them a pass to spook them, let them know we're here. Then pull back to a safe distance, keep an eye out

Acknowleged

An F-16 dropped out of formation before accelerating rapidly towards the base. She quickly "wiggled" his wings before passing over the base at speed, causing a racket but not much else. She pulled up and away.

With their presence established they began the landing run. The two C-130 craft headed towards the runway. Onboard one was a company of Royal engineers and the equipment they'd need to even out the runway. On the other was a company of the Royal Airborne Infantry (Or RAI) to help protect them and the first aid package, a collection of food rations held over from some earthquake a few years ago. Key amongst the RAI was Colonel Geoff Caddis, commanding officer of the operation.

With a very uncomfortable landing they hit the ground. A couple of minutes of arranging and the door of the RAI craft opened, disgorging the men inside, including Colonel Caddis. Realising all was calm, he quickly walked to Captain Horsfield and the Irpanese officer.

"Morning gentlemen. I'm taking command here, and what" gesturing at the convoy "Are these fine people doing on my airfield"

Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Peoples Republic of Joyea » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 pm

After a while Joyean troops began to set up a large air and army base near Irpan city. We have now begun Hellcat-3000 fighter patrols over the area. Joyean aid workers have begun to distribute food and water and help the injured. Joyean army construction and labor units have begun to rebuild the city. There is a large Joyean military presence in Irpan city with constant military patrols partially to prevent crime and partially to keep the city from being attacked again by rebels. E-8 J-STARS surveillance aircraft have also been flying over and around the city to watch for any rebel movement.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:58 am

Mantuni Airfield 0550

Magnum looked at the newly arrived Colonel and at that point decided to break the rule he'd been given by his own colonel and stepped out the vehicle. "Sorry Colonel but this is an Irpanese airfield unless you are trying to take land illegally from us?" He inquired looking the man up and down for a minute. The men in the land rover looked at their officer very nervously seeing they were out numbered. "You will have to find alternative accommodation for your men the barracks have been occupied by my 200 or so men and that is at the order of my Emperor. I am sorry gentlemen but you will be observed at all times by the Irpanese Imperial Guard even if we don't set foot on the airfield we will be watching." Magnum warned his soft voice carrying in the morning air the threat not hidden on it.

The Frontline 0600

The artillery had been pounding the village and its defensive positions for the past ten minutes and now it stopped. With a sharp whistle the soldiers of the Empire Army jumped up and ran. Tanks and APCs fired their own munitions now as rounds began to fly from positions that had survived the bombardment and the vehicles could pick out the Separatist troops moving around in their trenches and opening fire with rifles. The first wave consisted of a 200 men only 80 made it through the hail of gunfire and across the bridge. The second wave made it more intact as the first wave cleared the first positions and began to clear the remaining trenches as had been planned. Soon the Separatist troops were being paraded down the road on the back of civilian trucks their drivers volunteers to return the men to their villages further east for proper burial. But soon something nasty happened. As the first and second wave troops moved forward to make defensive positions on the other side of the village the third wave troops moved in. They found several civilians cowering in a basement and instead of letting them out and sending them to the rear for safety they chucked an incendiary grenade in. The bodies were found charred and burnt to a crisp several hours later the troops who had done it remain unknown but they are just the most vocal of the purge the eastern Irpanese soldiers and civilians.

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:16 am

Mantuni Airfield 0550

"What Irpan are you talking about Major, the one to the east, or the one to the west?"

The Colonel looked around at the airfield. Already the company of Airborne soldiers had disembarked. On the airfield they had the advantage. In the barracks? not so much. Lumberjack flight had told them about the armour inside the barracks. Fighting right now was not acceptable. A different tactic was needed.

"Major, allow me to explain. In about one hour a radio message will be broadcast across most, if not all of your civilian wavelengths. Television, radio, telegraph for all I know, telling your civilians that in this barracks we have a refugee camp open to all, but closed to the combatants of the civil war. Another order will be issued to an airbase back home to deploy a battalion of the Royal Mechanised Infantry. With a word I can give the order for them to arrive with a full flight of ground attack craft. Now, it's much easier and cheaper for all of us if you leave the barracks to us to convert to refugee accommodation. We'll build our own quarters if need be. You can even keep the damned things when we leave. But this refugee camp is being built, your help is appreciated, your consent is unneeded. You have three hours to leave the premises of the camp. If you want, my men can ship the weapons and ammunition to a more appropriate location merely a few kilometres away. You are, of course, welcome to observe this process yourself, but under my orders I have to limit your presence to five men or women, military or not."

One of the F-16s roared overhead

"Now, do we have an agreement? My engineers need to get to work"

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:37 am

Mantuni Airfield 0550

"You may have the barracks Colonel, but my men will be camped nearby. This area is under the rule of the Empire of Irpan and will remain so no matter what. Our war may have just begun in the East, don't make us have another in our south." With that Magnum climbed back in the car then he shouted, "And here are my five men and women, Jenkins, Otario, Schmitt, Smith and Daniels. Keep them safe please. Schmitt is their Captain." With that the five men jumped out the back of the land rover and watched as it departed. The five men held their SA80s a little nervously but were ready to obey their Major in any regard. They brought with them sleeping bags, a radio six magazines of ammo each and rations for three days. Schmitt offered his hand, "Sorry about all this."

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:01 am

Mantuni Airfield 0555

Colonel Caddis waited to see the land rovers driving off before shaking the nervous captain's hand.

"Good to see you. Colonel Caddis, Royal Airborne. You're to be my liaison I suppose. The conditions are simple. You keep out of sight, and if you want to inspect around you'll need some new badges and tags. Can't have people thinking we're taking sides you see. And obviously if you try to spy on our aid supply runs we'll have trouble. In exchange we'll feed you, house you, and if we succeed in saving your people from this abyss we'll slap a medal on all of you. Sound good? fantastic"

Caddis called over some of his soldiers

"Give it twenty minutes. Then go and ask if we can help them pack up and find out where they're headed so we can stay out of their way. Captain Schmitt, please radio your Major, inform him that my Liason will be on a flight out as soon as possible. We'll let him know when he lands."

He quickly turned to his radio

Lumberjack flight, I think you should be done here. Head home. The cargo flight will go home with the next escorts

Phase one was a success. Now the actual mission began

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:40 am

OOC: Sorry about late reply been somehow busy!

Mantuni Airfield 0555

The young Captain Schmitt nodded at the Colonels word and led his men off to find bunking and radio the Major to get the requested information for the Colonel as well. As they walked one man sneezed, "Asshole." He said as he did this made the other four laugh.

The Frontline

The men were tired and exhausted after the fight to take the bridge and village and now were digging in awaiting the counter attack. The separatist artillery barrage didn't take long to start. The roar of rockets and heavy artillery filling the air as shells and rockets crashed into the ruined remains of the village and the hastily dug trenches and foxholes of the men of the Imperial Army.

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:09 am

Mantuni Airfield 0900

For the last two hours planes had been landing at an increasingly quick rate. Initially it was two planes landing once an hour, but now it was two every half hour. One plane would carry supplies, the other a company of mechanised infantry with some of their armoured vehicles. Inbetween landings engineers were preparing to prepare the runway for larger supply planes to land.

Already aid workers were preparing tents a few hundred metres from the runway for the refugees that would start to arrive, it was expected, later that day. Closer to the airfield, in a much larger tent, Colonel Caddis consulted with the officers that had already arrived.

"Command wants us to start getting aid out to the population, but first we need safe supply routes. That's what the APC's we have are for."

Caddis pointed at the map of Irpan. Areas were highlighted either red, yellow or green. Only the airfield was green

"Standard procedure. Red is known combat, unsafe for transit. Green is safe. Yellow is unknown but risky. We know very little about the nation beyond this airfield other than what can be discerned from satellite images. Most of the combat seems to be focused on a couple of bridgeheads. Intelligence also suggests that both sides are preparing along most of the remaining bridges between them. However, here" he gestured at a bridge in the far south, "Here is a bridge, henceforth known as bridge 14, that shows no unusual activity. As of right now, it seems to be the only way across into separatist territory without effectively driving through a battle. I want an armoured column ready to depart in 15 minutes. In that time I'll try to figure out if we can safely cross it. Failing that we'll call in a bridge layer from home. I'll see you all in 15. Dismissed."

With that the officers saluted and filed out of the tent. Caddis meanwhile called over an aide.

"Find those liasions. Tell them to come to see me. I need to know all I can about this bridge."

Broadcast over civilian radio frequencies at 0925
TO ALL CIVILIANS OF IRPAN. Your leaders have thrown their lot in with war, putting you at immense risk of bodily harm. The Government of Cressageland stands ready to receive any refugees at the former Mantuni airfield. Food and shelter is being prepared. DO NOT PLACE YOURSELF AT UNNECESSARY RISK. Only come if you are in imminent risk of being caught in combat.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:06 am

Mantuni Airfield 0930

The soldiers who had been left behind at the airfield were amazed at the speed with which the Cressageland people had brought in their troops and supplies. In turn they could hear the radio being used for the first time since the war began. Besides war reports from the front the radio of Irpan had fallen quiet no-one knew way, except the military. The radios main broadcasting centre in Irpan city had been hit by a hellfire when the coup was taking place. The airforce had stayed loyal to the Emperor giving the loyalists a huge amount of firepower to bring to bare. But that had left the radio stations in near inoperable condition now.

The aide arrived and Captain Schmitt walked with them to the Colonels position. "I'm impressed Colonel you're getting set up quicker than an Irpanese hooker in a bedroom. Oh I have some news the General in the capital have decided my mother unit is needed at the capital. They have recalled Major Magnum and his men leaving us as the only Irpanese forces nearby. Anyway that's my news, what can i help you with?"

Deep in Separatist territory

The Three Generals they were now known as. Generals Ivan, Hadvar and Olaf were the three eastern generals who had tried to take control of the country and they were about to have a very bad morning. "Hadvar I am telling you that a satellite phone is dangerous what if they track it?" Olaf said looking at his fellow general. Ivan was in the south near the front directing the troops leaving Hadvar and Olaf to discuss policy and future military actions. Hadvar smirked at his fellow general. "Olaf don't be silly. And besides the order to assassinate the heir less Emperor is important enough to have needed that call." Hadvar threw the phone on the table in front of him then stopped before he said another word. There was a sound. A familiar sound. BOOM! The tent containing the two generals exploded as a 1000lb bomb landed on top of them.

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:02 am

Mantuni Airfield 0930

"The absence of Major Magnum is a shame, but we proceed regardless I suppose. If you can contact your command, inform them that a company of mechanised infantry is going to secure this bridge so that we can direct aid across it. I must inform you that, due to our neutral stance in the conflict, your forces will be unable to use the bridge for military operations, and we in turn will of course deny it to your opponents at least until we can set up an alternate route. We will tolerate its use for humanitarian reasons. Fair warning. The initial company is going to be armed to the teeth for their own defence, so please inform your superiors of the route so they don't think we're invading. I will delay their departure by an hour so that you can let your superiors know. Inform them too that the convoy will be draped in our flag, so there should be no confusion.

Oh, and one more thing. I am informed our first observer team will be landing soon. The goal is for a small team to follow your advance and make sure our aid is being best used. They'll be primarily civilian, although a couple of officers will be with them for protection. If all goes well they'll be setting out on that convoy."

Colonel Caddis handed over a dossier of all the relevant information about the convoy. He walked over to the door and looked out of the tent. Another plane had just landed, with another quickly behind.

"I'll pass on your remarks to the logistics teams. A generic operation like this has existed on paper for many years. Now, if that is all, I'll let you be on your way."

C-130 Hercules, Mantuni Airfield. 1030

Lieutenant Roberts walked blinking out into the early morning sun. Planes had been landing all morning, and although it was chaotic things were starting to take shape on the airfield. He looked at his team of observers. A few aid workers, a doctor, an engineer, a human rights lawyer and the like. All civilians doing noble work. Lieutenant Roberts was there to protect them. Officially. Unofficially he was there as the political observer for his government. If it "smelt" bad to him, his government would know and take action.

He quickly called his team together. Quick now, your tents are over there, dump your stuff and get in the waiting M113's. We've work to do.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:20 am

Mantuni Airfield, 0930

"Of course Colonel. But I was briefed that all major bridges were down, I don't think you'll be able to get a convoy across the Nohetser bridge its a foot bridge. But I will pass on your information to my high command." With that Schmitt nodded took the dossier and left the tent. He went back to his bunk and collapsed on it whilst calling his radio operator over and beginning the arduous task of calling high command to inform them of the situation. He got his ear chewed off by some high ranking officer in the rear about the bridge being a foot bridge, he informed the officer he had passed that information along, the officer then bemoaned the fact the convoy would be heavily armed, he assured him it was for protection. The officer finally settled and approved the report to be sent higher up the chain and let the soldiers in that area to allow the convoy through. This was being a very long day.

The Frontline 1030, Hertz village

The artillery finally stopped. The shells and rockets had crashed into the Imperial Army positions for well over several hours and now the men stood up knowing what was coming next. The sound of car engines revving through the smoke caused by the bombardment brought them to their senses as the technicals began to appear firing their heavy machine guns as they charged the field. Bullets flew out from the trenches and foxholes of the Imperials as the techincals drew closer. One stopped then another but one got past and started causing havoc in the rear areas before it was taken out by a LAW. Then the infantry came firing as they went charging the positions just like the Imperials had done to take the village. Men died in vast numbers as rifle and machine gun fire filled the air tearing the world apart. Men died in the trenches and in the fields but the line held. But now the bloodied and battered Imperials needed to wait for fresh troops and engineers to repair the bridge before they could continue.
Last edited by Irpan on Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reorganisieren Reichregierung
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:59 am

Im Auftrag auf Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Majestät, Der Großdeutsches Kaiser

TO HIS MAJESTY EMPEROR JONATHAN NIGEL OF IRPAN

I have heard of the plight of you and your nation, and as a fellow monarch, I am extending a hand of friendship to your nation on behalf of the entire German nation, and to seal our friendship, an offer of military and economic aid to help defeat the rebels.

As such, the 1. Luftwaffen-Jäger-Brigade will be deployed with all haste to your nation and a first tranche of emergency military aid has been prepared for your army, consisting of 10 PSB 2 armored bridgelayers, 35 M3G amphibious bridgelayers and 10,000 G36A2 rifles, which will arrive with all due haste.

With German regards,

Wilhelm III von Hohenzollern,
Kaiser von Deutschland und König von Preußen
Führer des Großdeutsches Reiches
Führer der Nation
Führer aller Germanen

GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DER DEUTSCHEN NATION
GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DEUTSCHEN NATION
Canons: Kali Yuga | TSC
Overview | Government | Military | Economy

Generic Reich LARP nation #557753245. Call me "Reich", "RR" or by nation name only if OOC.

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:48 am

The Secretary-general of the Communist Party, leader of Kergstan, Okja Nerkutoa meets the Chief of the Ground Forces, Chief of the Military Information and Signals Service, and Colonel Anders Paloa who will head the operation in Irpan.

''I won't lose much time'' - he says staring gloomily - ''It's been some time already since the clashes started, but we will head right away to support the rebelling side.

It will be a difficult mission, our troops won't have much of an air support, at least not a combatant one, the troops we are sending aren't many but i do have many objectives. First of all the separatist side echoes our struggle against the kingdoms we had to fight to establish our socialist republic and if they are triumphant like we were, we'll have an ally for life.

Secondly, our troops have not been in combat since decades now and we do need to enhance their capablities.''

Airfield A1 1100
The troops land after a long flight on a unused airstrip which has been renamed ''Airfield A1'' due to the lack of knowledge of its Irpanian name.
No other plane to be seen, just a small platoon from the Separatist forces receiving us.
Colonel Paloa, explains them our course of action.
''We are dividing ourselves in three battalions, The first one will reach the frontline in Hertz village with most of our artillery, to support the weakened separatist troops.
The second one will reach the village of Grunesdorf where it seems there's not any clash, we will do that in order to surpise the enemy's military and ease the separatist troops in the other fronts and the last battalion will be made of paramilitary units, they will bring humanitarian aid to the mountainous areas'' - The mountainous areas happen to be a stronghold of the separatists and our troops will invite young men and women to come see their training the next day.
The paramilitary troops' objective is that of tempting the local population into training them in guerrilla warfare and sabotage, even through socialist anti-royal rhetoric and propaganda other than material aid.''

OOC: This is my first RP of this kind so if you have critiques please be very explicit about them

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:55 pm

Mantuni Airfield 1100

"Based on our knowledge of the terrain, we should be able to set up a pontoon there with some work. Hopefully. It'll take a couple of days. The footbridge will speed things up, but we'll need to fly in the supplies"

Engineer Captain Shinnie looked sceptical at herself. Building a bridge of any description was no easy task. Doing it in unknown terrain in a warzone? It wasn't easy. They could hypothetically get it done.

Colonel Caddis seemed impressed.

"Get some guys out there. We'll be stepping up the supply flights from today. We're bringing in a new radio system tomorrow, brass have an idea for an air traffic control with the Irapnese. Hopefully that means the choppers will be here soon. Either way I'll prioritise the pontoon equipment for you. The Mechanised will have the bridge secured by now. Now, if that's all."

The assembled engineers saluted and filed out.

He called over an aide and handed him a note.

"Give this to Schmitt. See if we can get their acceptance. Radio the same message out to the aid workers as well, let the other side know of the offer."

The aide saluted. He handed one note to the radio operator overseeing the bridge mission, and quickly departed to find Schmitt.

To all relevant parties

Our government, in the interest of humanitarian aid missions, wishes to set up a joint air control hub for neutral flights within the confines of Mantuni airfield. Radio equipment will be provided by our government. Equipment for your officers to communicate with such will also be provided once it has been established.

Nohetser bridge 1230

The 460th Mechanised Company had established a bridgehead on both sides of the bridge, albeit with all their mechanised equipment on one side. Two officers stood next to a small armoured car.

"Intelligence has proven a misnomer once again. No offence Lieutenant"

Lieutenant Roberts grinned at the Captains remark.

"No offence taken sir, this is pretty embarrassing. All the same needs must. I'll be taking my guys across the bridge in a few minutes, we'll meet the rebels on foot once Mantuni gives the go ahead."

Captain Colin nodded.

"We'll stay here obviously. I've heard a rumour the airborne are getting their helicopters back soon. That should help you out. If intelligence has improved anyway. How long is it until you get to the HQ location?"

"A couple of days on foot. A few hours by car. Life's a bitch sir."

Cpt Colin smiled at that. He never liked the cushy lives of intelligence anyway. The walk would do them good.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:12 am

Reorganisieren Reichregierung wrote:
Im Auftrag auf Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Majestät, Der Großdeutsches Kaiser

TO HIS MAJESTY EMPEROR JONATHAN NIGEL OF IRPAN

I have heard of the plight of you and your nation, and as a fellow monarch, I am extending a hand of friendship to your nation on behalf of the entire German nation, and to seal our friendship, an offer of military and economic aid to help defeat the rebels.

As such, the 1. Luftwaffen-Jäger-Brigade will be deployed with all haste to your nation and a first tranche of emergency military aid has been prepared for your army, consisting of 10 PSB 2 armored bridgelayers, 35 M3G amphibious bridgelayers and 10,000 G36A2 rifles, which will arrive with all due haste.

With German regards,

Wilhelm III von Hohenzollern,
Kaiser von Deutschland und König von Preußen
Führer des Großdeutsches Reiches
Führer der Nation
Führer aller Germanen

GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DER DEUTSCHEN NATION

To: Wilhelm III von Hohenzollern
          Subject: Your support
           Encryption: Maximum

Dear Kaiser,

It is with a happy heart I accept your support for our nations military in the fight against the separatist threat to the east. Your troops, aid and weapons will be most welcome in the fight. The bridge laying equipment you promise will allow us to open a second front against the rebels and make the loss of life lessen for our troops. Please come quickly.

Yours faithfully,

Emperor Nigel Jonathan

Mantuni Airfield 1100

Schmitt looks over the note delivered by the colonels man and reads it thoroughly. He then reaches for his radio set and starts to talk with the higher ups again. It takes a while but eventually they agree to the offer put in place by the humanitarians. But they have a condition Schmitt gets up and heads to the colonels office and knocks on the door waiting for entry he is finally granted it. "Colonel. My Highers have a simple condition of allowing you an ATC in Irpan and that is you do not fly over Separatist controlled areas. They feel the threat of you being shot down is too great a risk to allow you to fly over those areas in the east. Once they have been cleared of rebels you will be allowed to fly but till then you must hold back." Schmitt awaited the Colonels response nervously.

Airfield A1 AKA Toganska Airfield

The Separatist platoon who had been sent by General Ivan to Toganska were a bit alarmed when the Kergstan aircraft landed depositing troops on the ground. They had been told to expect support but this seemed like an invasion to some of the more cynical soldiers. They listened to the Kergstan commander and nodded pointing to the trucks they had brought up with them under order from General Ivan. "Follow us we'll take you to the front." They said simply and began leading the way. Then they heard the other orders the man had. "The mountains? You'll find them a hard place to go the Warlord Achmed leads the Separatists there and he's fallen out with General Ivan over how this war should be fought. There's no open conflict between them but we don't get along now." But the Kergstan was adamant that he had to go there so they set aside three trucks marked with the red star of the People's Republic for him and then led the rest to the front.

Nohetser Bridge 1230

The man didn't know who these people were, but he didn't like the look of them. He had called to the boys in the village and they had come armed with rocket launchers and other weapons to show them that the People's Republic wasn't open for business. As the man sat there looking through the scope of his sniper rifle he could hear the boys around him. He was Commander Zero leader of the Separatist Home Guard in this region around the bridge and his orders were no-one crosses it. "They got troops on our side sir." A young 14 year old boy said to his commander. Commander Zero nodded and pulled the bolt up and back on his rifle placing a round in the chamber. He took aim at the person who looked to be the most high ranking and then passed the order to the rocket troops. "Aim for the heavy armour, we need to take it out before we strike fully." They nodded and lifted their rocket launchers to their shoulders. All the men were ex imperial guard turned separatist they knew how to operate their weapons. With a couple of adjustments the 30 men made ready to attack.

With a simple crack of the sniper rifle the treeline exploded in gun fire and rockets flew out of the tree line towards the foreign troops vehicles. Zero fired his sniper rifle and before he could see if the round had hit had adjusted his aim to the next man. His rifle fired for five minutes before he called off the attack and withdrew.

Kergstan
Diplomat

Founded: May 09, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kergstan » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:57 am

Colonel Anders Paloa was nervous about the course of action to be taken but after some times he made up his mind.

He reached the separatist troops near Hertz village and informed the separatists of his will to weaken the enemy with a barrage of shells on the village and nearby enemy positions, in order to then deploy his troops with the aid of theirs to take control of the village.

On the Grunedorf front where Lt. Colonel Shinias was sent, he had no one to coordinate with as there were no infightings, quickly took over the enemy military units on guard by numerical superiority and started offering aid to the villagers.
In this area the people were much less willing to cooperate than on the mountains, but the control line was succesfully moved some miles inwards.

Reorganisieren Reichregierung
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:52 pm

Irpan City Airport
Irpan City
Irpan

After a long journey, the 1. Luftwaffen-Jäger-Brigade, a force of paratroopers, landed in Irpan City, along with the aid shipments to Irpan. While the Irpanese Army was taking receipt of their new bridgelayers, the German attack force was assembling. The attack force would consist of the paratropper brigade, consisting of 4 battalions of paratroopers, a reconaissance squadron equipped with M8 Thunderbolt AGS 120 light tanks, a battalion of 4 batteries of PzH 2000 howitzers, a battalion of engineers consisting of 4 companies, one equipped with Kodiak combat engineer vehicles, another equipped with Wisent 2 ARVs, one composed of combat engineers and a signal company, and a support battalion consisting of troppos specializing in logistics, medical and other rear area services. This would be supported by extraneous forces brought in to support the brigade, namely a battalion of heavily upgraded Leopard 2A7+ tanks and a battalion of G6-52 howitzers. The paratroopers were mechanized for the occasion, with Puma heavy IFVs having been flown in for them.

The transport wings used to deliver all this equipment and personnel would be based out of Irpan, flying between Irpan and Germany to deliver supplies for the German troops and whatever military aid would be sent to Irpan. Aside from negotiating these arrangements, the German commander of all Luftwaffe units in the area, General der Fallschrimtruppe Arthur Student, asked his Irpanese counterparts to continously reconnoiter the rebels from the sky if they aren't already doing so "to prevent nasty surprises" and informed them that the German forces would attack along with them on the now-possible second front.
Last edited by Reorganisieren Reichregierung on Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DEUTSCHEN NATION
Canons: Kali Yuga | TSC
Overview | Government | Military | Economy

Generic Reich LARP nation #557753245. Call me "Reich", "RR" or by nation name only if OOC.

Cressageland
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Cressageland » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:02 am

Nohetser Bridge 1300

The aftermath of the attack was brutal. The company, inexperienced in actual combat, had largely frozen for a couple of minutes. When they looked for leadership in Captain Colin they found nothing. The snipers shot richoed off of the car next to him and flew upwards into his helmet throwing him back. He'd be ok, but he was out of it. By then they'd lost their heavier vehicles, and so lost their greatest assets. They were able to return fire with some mounted 50. calibre machine guns on the lighter cars after a couple , but by then Lieutenant Camp suspected the attackers, whoever they were, were long gone. It was a disaster. Camp turned to his radio operator.

"Comms, call up Mantuni, get CASEVAC here as soon as possible. Let them know we'll need more than a few armoured cars to keep this place safe. Get some mobile mortar carriers up here, see if we can't rattle the cage a bit. See if we can get in touch with the aid workers as well, make sure they're alright." Turning to his own company radio, he issued new orders.

"Hold on this side of the bridge for now. Support will be here by nightfall. Until then we dig and hold. Keep an eye on that treeline."

One by one platoon after platoon acknowledged. Their war had begun.

Mantuni Airfield 1325

Colonel Caddis was furious. Who had attacked? It seemed they hadn't fired first. The radio broadcast had been nationwide. He calmed.

"We'll give them one more chance. Issue a new radio broadcast aimed across the river. Let them know that we're neutral and beginning cross river aid missions. Inform them also that any armed attacks will be met with a determined response. Do we have any intelligence as to where the attack came from?"

A spry intelligence officer spoke up.

"There's a village nearby. No satellite activity of any build up, but they could be a militia? We're not sure, but that seems the most likely solution. Either way it seems to be a problem. It'd serve Irpan better as a staging post for us really. Realistically if we go after the attackers collateral damage will be high. A short, sharp show of dominance over them might work better.

Caddis nodded and turned to the quickly growing bank of radios behind him.

"Tell Chamberlain we're escalating to code amber. We're crossing that bridge, but we'll need more than we currently have to do it. Get a squad of RAC Commandos across that bridge by helicopter, and get them as much air support as they need. Drones, f-16s, whatever they need they'll have to get. Tell Lt. Camp that he's getting his artillery as well. Take the village, begin distributing aid. If there's even a chance we're fighting an insurgency we'll need to drain that sea they're swimming in. Lets get to work. And tell Schmitt we're forcing a bridgehead across the river, by air if necessary . We accept the risk and will not hold his government accountable."

Officers saluted and filed out. Quietly Caddis turned to his highest ranked Communications officer.

"Let Roberts know the situation is critical. He needs to make contact immediately.

Citizens of the Peoples Republic.

The armed forces of Cressageland wish to begin aid operations within your territory. They will be marked clearly and mean no harm. Do not impede them, or you put yourself at risk of aid being withheld. We urge all those with questions to make contact with our representatives, or respond on the following frequencies and phone numbers...

6km west of Nohester Bridge, 1345

Lt. Roberts had urged his small gathering onwards upon hearing the sound of the battle nearby. He'd ushered them into what seemed to be an abandoned crofters hut, but it was a stop gap measure. All the same, he was urgently trying to get in contact with, well, anyone. Command, the 460th, the Irpanese. It didn't matter. He was used to being fully informed, being in an information vacuum was a deeply unwelcome experience.

Eventually they were able to receive a scattered message from Mantuni. He was to make contact immediately, Something had escalated but their radio was broken, for some reason it wasn't sending out messages. Totally lost, He asked his small group for ideas. A nutrition expert suggested, sarcastically, leaving a "Help!" message in rocks. Roberts threw his head up in frustration until he realised. Satellites.

Within five minutes they'd started working on a rudimentary message in a clearing nearby. Nothing identifying, just the word "AJAX" written in rocks and foliage. An old code name, intelligence would pick it up immediately.

Chamberlain Airforce Base, 1400

The 5th Airborne Regiment were kept on permanent alert for deployment almost anywhere in the world. The alert had just gone out, and their airfield was a hive of activity as 1000 men and women packed up to leave. Either for the airfield at Mantuni or, as was seeming likely, a direct air assault over the west bank of the Nohetser bridge. Already drones were headed over to scout the region and, if necessecary, reduce anyone who tried to interfere.

There was a sense of superiority about the rumours of the Mechanised defeat. "Weekend warriors" was thrown around, but the 5th Airborne Regiment had reason to be confident. One of the only regiments of their nation to see actual combat in recent years, they were sharper, quicker and more effective than the mechanised.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:16 am

Separatist Capital City Shapeshte, Government quarter

Shapeshte was a grand city it had been built in the days of the old Imperials before the genocide and secession wars. Now it was a shadow of its former self much of its wealth stripped for the Western Cities benefit. Now it was a military hub. Militia swarmed the streets looking for willing recruits and manning AAA emplacements that had been established by the rebel army troopers. Several fighter bombers and helicopter wrecks sat in the streets and were slowly being stripped of essential material that could be used for the war effort.

All this was distant from the government quarter where General Ivan had arrived to meet with the newly elected government of the People's Republic. He was shaken by the recent assassination of his fellow generals by the Imperial Government but he didn't show it. He walked into what had been the local council building which was now the Republics capital building. Inside was President Yuri Covna and the council of twelve. The thirteen people were now nervous as Ivan walked into the room. "General good to see you." Covna said as Ivan took a seat at the opposite head of a long table that seated the President and the council members.
"Thank you Mr President." Ivan replied looking at the President. Covna was very worried from his expression Ivan noted the man had been elected in only three hours previously but now he was head of a very small country at war. "We have reports of other powers coming to both our aid and that of the Imperials. This war is escalating General as such we see fit to promote you to Field Marshall." Covna spoke softly but the council members quickly erupted into applause for their newly chosen Field Marshall. "What are your first steps Field Marhsall?"
"To rebuild the bridge at Grunedorf and make a second front against the Imperials and also to retake the Hertz Bridge. We have support from abroad at those two points and we can begin operations soon. Anything else gentlemen?" Ivan looked around the room at the gathered politicians. They all looked sideways at each other before turning to their President. "We want you to remain in the command bunker Ivan." Covna softly said almost inaudible above the East wind. Ivan swore and banged his fist on the table making the gathered politicians jump. "I cannot effectively lead from the command bunker!" He shouted. Covna winced at the volume of the Field Marshalls raised voice. Before anyone could say anything Ivan was up and stormed out of the room.

Hertz Village 2000

The Separatists watched as the new forces from abroad arrived with their heavy guns and other equipment. The few veteran soldiers from the former Imperial Guard listened intently to the Kergstan forces proposal and then pointed to the BM-21s that had been brought up during the day after the earlier failed offensive. "We're going to pound the bridge to stop their engineers bringing tanks across." They said simple as they continued to load the rockets into them. "You're welcome to join us in our trenches whilst we prep the site for another attack. We got a couple of Warriors coming up to assist us in the attack tomorrow." They passed on to the new forces as the artillery began to fire.

The artillery was not a welcome factor for the engineers of the 212th Imperial Engineer regiment. As the rockets began to land in the water and on the bridge itself several men were cut to pieces by shrapnel and vanished in puffs of blood from direct hits. This was not going to be pleasant work.

Irpan City Airport, Irpan CIty 2100

General Markus was driven to the compound that had been given over to allow the Germans to establish some form of base in the city. He waved at the Irpan guards who still stood watch at the gate as he was allowed in to meet with the German commander. "Good Evening." He said simply to the man he was meant to meet. "I'm here to discuss the deployment of your troops." He continued simply.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents