NATION

PASSWORD

[SPLIT] Ruling Discussion

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

[SPLIT] Ruling Discussion

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:59 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:My views on the coronavirus don't fit with the mainstream: I accept that, but I made a post regarding the value of human life and viruses that I thought was absolutely fine, yet I got banned for it.

...you honestly thought the following were fine in the current world context of people dying from the virus (especially the ridiculously insincere reference to "what the virus community thinks of this")?:

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Idk why ns felt the need to take a side on this.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I mean taking sides between people and viruses. They're both lifeforms.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Are we not killing the virus? Is that not the way to end this terrible situation?

Perhaps we are failing to consider what the virus community thinks of this.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:My views on the coronavirus don't fit with the mainstream: I accept that, but I made a post regarding the value of human life and viruses that I thought was absolutely fine, yet I got banned for it.

...you honestly thought the following were fine in the current world context of people dying from the virus (especially the ridiculously insincere reference to "what the virus community thinks of this")?:

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Idk why ns felt the need to take a side on this.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I mean taking sides between people and viruses. They're both lifeforms.
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:Are we not killing the virus? Is that not the way to end this terrible situation?

Perhaps we are failing to consider what the virus community thinks of this.

I did, and it wasn't an insincere comment either.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Uan aa Boa wrote:The mods might like to have a look at this and other posts in the same discussion,

Gameside stuff gets reported via GHR. There is a "Report" link below the post you linked to, which will create a GHR for that post.

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:...you honestly thought the following were fine in the current world context of people dying from the virus (especially the ridiculously insincere reference to "what the virus community thinks of this")?:

Sorry but I absolutely refuse to believe that you sincerely think that viruses are not only capable of thinking, but also capable of organising that thought and themselves into a community.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lockdownn
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Lockdownn » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:24 pm

Greater vakolicci haven wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:...you honestly thought the following were fine in the current world context of people dying from the virus (especially the ridiculously insincere reference to "what the virus community thinks of this")?:

I'm sure your concerns regarding "the poor little virus" aren't related to this temporary rule change.

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:41 pm

Lockdownn wrote:
Greater vakolicci haven wrote:I did, and it wasn't an insincere comment either.

I'm sure your concerns regarding "the poor little virus" aren't related to this temporary rule change.

They are if my beliefs are held to be actionable. I have asked by ghr, and it is apparently the case that this view is now in itself against the rules, however I was asking about my more regular opinions regarding the value of human life.
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Custadia
Attaché

Founded: May 29, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Custadia » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:06 pm

GVH's posts were ridiculous but they didn't contain any misinformation and weren't promoting neglect of personal health. The temp-ban seems heavy handed.
Last edited by Custadia on Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA McChimp

Return to Moderation