NATION

PASSWORD

The Land Of The Free: An American Political Roleplay (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Dentali wrote:“I’d be open to considering it if more evidence came to light.”

Voting to confirm (not-Kavanagh) had felt like the greatest disgrace of her career, so the matter felt important to her in particular. "What do you intend to do with your various opponents if you win?"
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:31 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
(Image)
Arnold Wolf Jr.
@ArnoldWolfJr

Welcome to the race Senator Bragg! Hope we can have a good campaign about America's future. Good luck.

Liked and retweeted by Nathaniel Richardson
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Federal States of Xathuecia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal States of Xathuecia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
Senator Bragg is right...American families are more than ever before weary of the country our children will inherit!

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
We've got to do our part folks, by controlling this country's runaway debt and creating a BALANCED BUDGET!

Karen Brookshire
@BrookshireGal
I hope the Senator does this right now! Time to legislate our American ideals, not just preach 'em.

Alaskava
Attaché

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alaskava » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:00 pm

Sen. Arthur Bragg
@BraggForAmerica

Thank you to all of the other candidates who have welcomed me into this race, I am excited to share my vision for America over the course of this campaign, and I'll be seeing you on the trail.

Team Bragg 2020
@Bragg2020

This is the official campaign account of the Arthur Bragg Presidential Campaign.
We are pleased to announce the following senior staff hires:
Campaign Manager: Arshwal Bhandari - @ArshBhandari
National Campaign Spokeswoman: Layla Carter - @LaylaLockedLoaded
National Policy Director: Tom Lynch - @TOMLYNCHAEI
Communications Director: Francis Krasinzki - FranKrasinskiOfficial

Those interested in staff positions and volunteering, or in making a donation, please visit Bragg2020.com

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Levi Murphy Rally
Reno, Nevada

While the Senator was backstage preparing himself for the rally, practicing a few lines, sipping on a bit of water, the campaigns manager in Nevada would preface the crowd prior to Levi arriving on stage.

The Hispanic woman who was the Levi Campaign Manager for Nevada took to the stage. The crowd cheered for her, she was clearly known by some of the enthusiasts of the Senator. She was handed the microphone and began speaking.

"This is the kind of crowd I like to be around," she said, the crowd roared in excitement. "I like to be around progressives, activists, working class families and communities, the kind of people that will push forwards with a new politics. I remember how we were all inspired by the radical, yet common sense platform of Baginski in 2016. Medicare for All, free college and the elimination of medical and student debt, the legalization of marijuana nationally, fair immigration reform, putting working people first with higher minimum wages across this nation. He inspired a movement, one that transcends the color of your skin, your creed, your sexuality or your gender. We are working class, we are young, we are old, but most of all: we aren't afraid. The mainstream media tried to tell us that Baginski was too far left, when really all he was proposing was fair solutions to the major problems we were facing. And solutions that the majority of industrialized countries around the world already had. The spark left by Baginski is the spark that lit the torch of this campaign. Senator Levi Murphy inherited the guts, the vigor and the drive from Baginski. Levi is the only one talking about Medicare for All, the only one talking about a Green New Deal. Levi is the only one who should even be considered a real progressive. Let's welcome him to the stage, the next President of the United States of America. Senator. Levi. Murphy!"

The Senator jogged on stage. Twisted Sister's 'We're Not Going to Take It' played in the background. He spent a moment waving to the crowd and shaking the hands of the few in the front row who were reaching their hands out. He music began to soften moderately as Levi took to the podium and gave his manager a hug, she then left the stage and the lights were positioned onto the Senator.

"Thank you, Rosa. It's true. Baginski built a movement. Many of you in the crowd were all supporters of him. So was I! I was one of the first to endorse Baginski because I, like many other, believed in his message. I still believe, had it been Baginski vs Wolf, Wolf would still be on his pathetic Fox News talkshow." The crowd laughed and cheered. "Baginski helped build this movement and we plan to carry his torch to the end of the line! But people like us shouldn't be the exception, because the Democratic Party was in fact far more radical, ambitious than people claim it can be today. The Democratic Party is a party of generations of advocacy, activism, the party of FDR, Kennedy, the party of the unions and the party for racial justice. So, let's take it back! It was FDR who believed in Medicare for All, it was Johnson who also believed in Medicare for All. It was Kennedy who said that the U.S. was falling behind in healthcare! Now look at us, we are not longer just behind, we lose 40,000 Americans each year due to the healthcare crisis facing our country. This not only impacts the poorer states in our union, it hits everybody and everyone. I would dare say that everyone here would know someone under insured or uninsured. That might be some of you here. If that is you, I want to say sorry. Sorry that our political environment will not reject the donations from big pharma and I'm sorry that you're suffering from the neglect of the political establishment in this country. But, we need to fight back. Organize, volunteer, donate, fight back! Yes, we are in favor of Medicare for All! No, there is no middle ground on this issue! It's either Medicare for All, providing universal healthcare to all citizens your plan leaves millions uninsured. No, the public option is not good enough! Keeping private insurance is not good enough!" The crowd roared along, yelling 'not good enough'. "Our political establishment is not good enough. Time to kick them out!"

Levi paused, looking out into the crowd. "We need to begin to demand more from our elected representatives. Demand more, not less. We need to ask ourselves why our elected representatives are voting against measures to institute sensible, progressive reform from prison reform, to healthcare reform, to education reform. We need to take a sledgehammer to the hivemind in Washington D.C. and clean out the swamp for real, this time. Wolf's fake populism did not end the swamp, President Wolf is the biggest swamp creature there. His cabinet is picked straight from Wall Street: trust me, if I am President, anyone from Wall St, big pharma, the military industrial complex, they're gone. I won't even listen to what they have to say. They've had too much sway over our politics for so long it's time to give the power to the people, not the major corporations. Restore power the people, like the John Lennon song. Power to the People! We must ban all corporate donations to political campaigns, ban lobbyists, clean Washington D.C. out. Let's make our voice heard, let's make this political revolution real, and demand more from your politicians. Because, at the end of the day, you are their boss, not the other way around."

"We must also demand more from the other Democratic Presidential candidates. Why, why are the other candidates attending fancy, elite fundraisers with the wealthy and well-doing! It's time to call these people out, who do they represent? What kind of people can afford thousands of dollars for one ticket to attend an elite dinner to hear them speak. This is part of demanding more, having a D next of your name doesn't make you good. The only pocket I've got my hand in is the pocket of big US." The elicited clapping and laughter. "Why are you, Jillian Dayton, Ben Little, Emily Davenport and Erika Goldman, attending secret, closed-door fundraisers away from the public eye and scrutiny. I'm not good at patting the people in power on the back, I'm for giving a voice for the working class communities of this country. In may be a problem of mine that I am unwilling to play their games, that I am unwilling to hire these establishment advisers to my campaign. We are, instead, running a campaign for the many, not the few. To get real progressive representation, to fight for the working class and downtrodden, to not take 'no' as an answer and continue to demand more."

"So if I have to say one last thing to you all before we continue our political revolution across Nevada and this country, help continue to light it! We need to mobilize our coalition on caucus day to win and to win big, so that there is no question that the people endorse progressivism and working-class politics, not elite fundraising and 'middle ground' concessions.go to our website, volunteer if you can, donate if you can, share our campaign material if you can, enroll to vote, of course! Get your family, friends, cousins, all of them, to enroll! Let's win Nevada, for the many, not the few."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm

Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

The threats made by John Donaldson against me today were completely unnaceptable and should not be used in modern politics. Make sure next time you threaten to cause bodily harm to a Senator, that there are always the courts.

[/quote]
Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
(Image)
Governor Jonah Prendergast Jr.
@JPJ4USA

What is it with people calling me small? I'm an inch taller than you, Ditzy Donaldson!
Jovuistan wrote:
(Image)
Arnold Wolf Jr.
@ArnoldWolfJr

It is unconscionable that taxpayer dollars are being used to fund an organization that proudly murders unborn children. I will immediately defund any organization that kills babies when I am President.
All above posts liked and Retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm

Azekopolaltion wrote:
Puertollano wrote:
"Thanks Tim, but I don't think your arguments hold much water. Medicare for All and the public option are both very popular, I concede, obviously because the current system is an entire mess. The current system is asking everybody and everyone to fend for themselves or die. It's insane. While you, Tim, cite a statistic of 54% in favor of Medicare for All (still a clear majority), I have seen studies that show its' popularity at 70%. On that question, it's really where you go and where you choose your information from.

For waiting times, I've seen this argument brought out too many times, by I wasn't quite expecting it from you, Senator. Yes, it's true that there are moderately increased waiting times in the countries like Canada and the United Kingdom, but that's only natural for a system that looks after a whole lot more patients! I bet if all Americans could somehow afford their treatment, waiting times would be as long or longer. It's only because in our country that poor people skip going to the doctor or re-prioritize their mortgage or student debt over medical costs that our waiting periods are shorter. But let me clarify something for a moment. Like in Canada and in the UK, the waiting times to not matter if you're in need of immediate life-threatening help, because you're boosted to the top on the line. So people in need of emergency care are treated. That's the kind of system that will operate under Medicare for All.

On taxes, the vast, vast majority of Americans do not need to be concerned about costs going up. Under a Medicare for All system, it eliminates premiums, co-pays, deductibles and so on. So the total costs, not taxes, will go down for the vast, vast majority of Americans. The taxes will be raised on the big corporate, the wealthy CEOs with a wealth tax and closing the tax loop-holes that exist in our system. Think of it this way, currently, the private insurance companies are charging all of us a private tax, one that is so extremely large that they billions in profit per year. This is an unsustainable system. The solution is to remove private health insurance for non-cosmetic procedures and remove the private tax that are levying against average, working-class Americans."

“Alright Levi, just a reminder that these questions are not mine and were provided by healthcare professionals and policy experts...this is a discussion, not a debate, so we’ll give everyone a chance to explain their plan and defend it against skepticism for the richest discussion possible.”

Westra turned towards Jillian Dayton.

“Senator Dayton, your healthcare policy is a very interesting proposal. I think you’re playing down how radical this would be. If one side of the aisle is a public option and the other side is single-payer, your plan is really the compromise, in my view. Explain it to us.”

"My proposal, as Senator Westra likened, is based on the Australian model, a system which by the way is viewed as the second best health system worldwide. Under my plan, you can keep your insurance, or you can opt-into a publicly funded health insurance plan. I'll go into the plan in a moment, but the two biggest causes of priced up care in America are drug prices and administrative costs. We'll be ending exclusivity circles where insurers limit you to an in-plan set of clinicians. Instead, you can go to whichever doctor you so desire, and your insurance plan will be forced to compete with other plans on price and coverage instead of suffocating you to a few doctors within a 20 minute drive of your house. Our public option will reduce prices because it will deliver a competitive alternative for those dissatisfied with their current plan, Medicare will be allowed to negotiate drug prices down. Under my plan if you want to head into a private hospital, you can do that and just pay the difference between the masterlist price and the price that hospital sets. That hospital will attempt to compete with the public network and other private hospitals in the area so naturally it will be bringing down its prices. Currently despite the minimal government involvement in our system, folks rely on their employer for their insurance plans and their plans restrict a patient to a specific set of clinicians in their local area. We're going to get rid of that, and give patients complete access to every clinician through any plan. Insurers shouldn't pick your doctor. The government shouldn't pick your doctor. You can pick your doctor. My plan strikes the balance between choice, and coverage. Between healthy outcomes and cost of service," Jillian smiled coolly in Westra's direction acutely aware the next question or two would not be so kind.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:25 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

The threats made by John Donaldson against me today were completely unnaceptable and should not be used in modern politics. Make sure next time you threaten to cause bodily harm to a Senator, that there are always the courts.

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

What is it with people calling me small? I'm an inch taller than you, Ditzy Donaldson!
Jovuistan wrote:
(Image)
Arnold Wolf Jr.
@ArnoldWolfJr

It is unconscionable that taxpayer dollars are being used to fund an organization that proudly murders unborn children. I will immediately defund any organization that kills babies when I am President.
All above posts liked and Retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator[/quote]

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

Sorry your feelings were hurt snowflake @MissouriPeoplesSenator

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:30 pm

Greater Arab State wrote:
The White House, Washington, D.C.

Volker arrived at the White House, as usual for his meetings with the President, however, this particular one had the potential to differ form the usual affairs. Arriving with a moderate amount of time to spare, Volker presented himself at the foyer of the White House, politely notifying the secretary present that the President had scheduled a meeting with him shortly, before being led through to the entrance of the Oval Office, where he calmly waited to be called through, going over recent developments and the order of business within his mind as he waited.

The Oval Office Secretary led Volker through to see the President, who stood to shake the Congressional Leader’s hands. “It’s good to see you! What brings you here today,” he enquired.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The World Capitalist Confederation
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The World Capitalist Confederation » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:35 pm

Porter Fundraiser and Retail Politics - Reno, Nevada

Porter needed to rebuild trust in his campaign, and he was going to do it one handshake at a time. One little handshake at a time. That was all. He began his fundraiser, drawing in local people with free entry, and then shaking their hands as they came in with a warm smile and then having them buy food, drink and a host of other things. Porter, despite his usual hard-spininess, took to the task with a glee and with warmth.

He shook people's hands, took photos with them and asked them to help out volunteer, donate and generally work to make the nation a better place. Through this warmth and spirit he could come off as genuine, as someone who really wanted to make the nation better. His charisma not only was present in his ability to draw crowds, but in his interactions with people as well.

He simply told them what he believed, in calm yet well-spun terms. He had a script and he stuck to it, without looking at all ingenuine. He flowed through the crowd like a hot knife through butter. He spoke calmly, almost sedated. Once the fundraiser finished, and he took all of people's questions, slowly psychologically influencing them, he went out into the main town with those that would follow him, knocking on doors for the entire afternoon, with that charisma and sedated smile.

He talked to hundreds of people, with his supporters probably having talked to tens of thousands by the end of the day. It was clear, by the end of the day, that his strategy was to rebuild trust in his campaign and in himself, starting with Reno. Of course he had the hard right behind him, but that wasn't enough to win an election, so he began his renewed campaign with this strong yet calm tone, of a leader determined yet not driven by pure fury. Of course he would still take strong rhetoric at times, but he'd never do it with fury. He'd do it with internal strength. He finished his time in Reno, encouraging his supporters to go out to Carson City and recruit more people for the cause, both offline and online. He told them to share memes and take the country back, one vote at a time.
Please Watch
“We could manage to survive without the money changers and stockbrokers, but we would rather find it difficult to survive without miners, steel workers and those who cultivate the land.” - Nye Bevan, Minister of Health under Clement Attlee

“The mutual-aid tendency in man has so remote an origin, and is so deeply interwoven with all the past evolution of the human race, that is has been maintained by mankind up to the present time, notwithstanding all vicissitudes of history.” - Peter Krotopkin, evolutionary biologist and political writer.

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:41 pm

Dentali wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

(Image)
@JPJ4USA

Jovuistan wrote:
(Image)
Arnold Wolf Jr.
@ArnoldWolfJr

All above posts liked and Retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator

James Moore
@MichiganMoore

Sorry your feelings were hurt snowflake @MissouriPeoplesSenator[/quote]
Barry Anderson
@MissouriPeoplesSenator

If you want to play by those standards, don't you dare complain when someone says "someone should smash James Moore's head with a bottle."
Left Without Edge

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Dayton’s Residence, Washington, DC

Mike was in DC in his way from New York back to the early states. While in the capital, he stopped by the residence of his main moderate opponent, Jillian Dayton. Dressed in business casual, carrying a bottle of wine as a show of goodwill, he stood on her doorstep and gave the door a knock.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:Dayton’s Residence, Washington, DC

Mike was in DC in his way from New York back to the early states. While in the capital, he stopped by the residence of his main moderate opponent, Jillian Dayton. Dressed in business casual, carrying a bottle of wine as a show of goodwill, he stood on her doorstep and gave the door a knock.

"Mike," Jillian welcomed him in, "please, take a seat."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Dayton’s Residence, Washington, DC

“Here, I brought you this Jillian,” he said, echoing her informality. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Senator.” He followed her in.

“Thanks for hosting,” he said while sitting down. “Lovely home you have.”

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

“Here, I brought you this Jillian,” he said, echoing her informality. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Senator.” He followed her in.

"In my home I am Jillian," she noted his use of Senator, "thank you, its rarely been used since I took office, I've spent more time split between Virginia, and our four favorite States than here."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:03 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Here, I brought you this Jillian,” he said, echoing her informality. “It’s nice to finally meet you, Senator.” He followed her in.

"In my home I am Jillian," she noted his use of Senator, "thank you, its rarely been used since I took office, I've spent more time split between Virginia, and our four favorite States than here."

Mike laughed. “I spent a little bit of time in DC when I was in the Baharia admin. I’m sympathise- it’s not the same as Florida. It appears Nevada is about to become my second home for awhile.”

He set the bottle of wine down.

“Your PAC put out a great ad, by the way. The one against Westa, I mean.”

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:06 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

Mike laughed. “I spent a little bit of time in DC when I was in the Baharia admin. I’m sympathise- it’s not the same as Florida. It appears Nevada is about to become my second home for awhile.”

"I'm sure they'd appreciate the review," she laughed, "you had a great launch from what I could see."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:55 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Mike laughed. “I spent a little bit of time in DC when I was in the Baharia admin. I’m sympathise- it’s not the same as Florida. It appears Nevada is about to become my second home for awhile.”

"I'm sure they'd appreciate the review," she laughed, "you had a great launch from what I could see."

“Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. You’ve run a great campaign yourself, and you’ve held your own against Murphy and Westra and the whole gang of progressives.”

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:17 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

“Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. You’ve run a great campaign yourself, and you’ve held your own against Murphy and Westra and the whole gang of progressives.”

"Water?" she poured a glass from the jug, "I look forward to see your campaign get into the full swing of things, perhaps I'll find a friend on that debate stage willing to go after Murphy and Westra after all."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:36 pm

Sarenium wrote:
Sanabel wrote:“Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. You’ve run a great campaign yourself, and you’ve held your own against Murphy and Westra and the whole gang of progressives.”

"Water?" she poured a glass from the jug, "I look forward to see your campaign get into the full swing of things, perhaps I'll find a friend on that debate stage willing to go after Murphy and Westra after all."

“Thanks,” he nodded as she passed him the glass.

“Yes. That’s exactly what I wanted to propose- a non-aggression pact. I’ll be totally forthright with you- we have a lot in common. We are both pragmatists. Heck, our healthcare plans are about as close as can be. I won’t insult you with an offer now, but you’d definitely have a place in my administration, if things didn’t go well for you in the end. And of course, I’d hope you think the same of me.”

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

Closed-Door Fundraiser, Union League Club, Manhattan, New York

While he was in Manhattan with meetings for endorsers, Mike made the decision to do some high-dollar fundraising. His campaign was generating a lot of buzz, thanks in no small part to the Whitaker endorsement. His campaign’s priority was to start running ads in South Carolina and Nevada to further introduce him to the electorates there, and fundraisers like this certainly helped.

This particular fundraiser was organized at the Union League Club, a prestigious social organization with its roots in the darkest days of the American Civil War. The host of the fundraiser was a JP Morgan Chase executive who was a major bundler for Baharia and an acquaintance of Velez from his time as a major surrogate for the 44th President. In attendance were a decently large crowd of other executives from the financial industry, and other prominent members of the New York donor class.

After the guests finished eating and returned to their seats with an after-dinner drink, fundraiser’s host said a few words and introduced the candidate to the prospective donors. Mike took to the podium, flashing his white smile.

“The Wolf years have been decent for the economy, on paper, right? Not just low unemployment, new trade deals, all that. But more relevant to the people in this room, our stock portfolios are doing great and growth has been resounding. But I’m a numbers guy, I studied to be an accountant at the University of Michigan. I passed on those genes to my kids, for better or for worse,” he said to some chuckles in the audience.

“I say that because back in 2018, my son Pedro, who studies Econ at my alma mater said to me, ‘Dad, I think the Wolf cabinet should have taken my Economics 101 class, because even I know that we aren’t going in a great direction.’ He’s not alone, as you and I both know there are actual economists saying the same thing. We are due for another recession. Not only that, but we have a President in the White House who can move markets with the Tweets he writes on the toilet at 4am.”

There was more laughter from the audience.

“No matter what happens in November, that President will be gone. The question we are faced with is what we replace him with. Most of the Republicans are comical in their efforts to out-Wolf Wolf. Do you think Porter or Prendergast will be good for investor confidence and CEO outlook? You know the answer to that question. Of course, the party could opt for someone like Richardson. Richardson seems decent enough, to the layman. But by all means, Richardson seems just as interested as the others in furthering the Wolf legacy. The Republican Party seems intent on turning the United States into one giant Kansas. I have nothing against Kansans, or Kansas in particular. What I take issue with is the way the state government ran the state’s economy before (Not-Gov Kelly). For those of you who aren’t familiar, the Republicans in office in Kansas bought into the Arthur Laffer lies, ignored experts and cut taxes and deregulated the market to the point the state economy cratered. Public services were inadequate while the deficit grew. That is the future on the doorstep of our country if irresponsible Republicans are returned to office in 2024.”

There were murmurs in the audience.

“On the Democratic side- well, I’m sure you all have seen the headlines. Murphy or Westra would be a disaster for the financial and healthcare industries, let alone small businesses. Millions of jobs and a large chunk of the economy would be in jeopardy. This is something I know you understand- you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t.”

More chuckles from the crowd.

“I am the only democratic candidate who has included responsible stewardship of the economy as a key point of his platform. And it’s not just smoke and mirrors, I would be an experienced hand at the till. As Governor of Florida I balanced business interests with labor and consumer interests to preside over sustainable, real growth that outpaced most of the nation. I helped to build Florida into the dynamic market it is today not through hacking and slashing, but through mindful management and responsible regulations. I have a track record of working with colleagues across the aisle to enact legislation sweeping reforms, like the legalization of medical marijuana in the state. Our international allies know and trust me and I have experience protecting financial and intellectual property as United States Trade Representative. Unlike any of the other candidates, I know how to write a trade agreement, negotiate with an international adversary, and get the best outcome for American business interests. And if you’re not convinced, ask the two Secretary of States who have endorsed my campaign. Ask my countless colleagues both in Tallahassee and in Washington. I have the strongest record of any candidate for President. I would be humbled to have your financial support so that we can bring this record, along with strong, stable, experienced leadership to the White House.”

There was some applause, and Mike re-entered the crowd to mingle with prospective donors. Hopefully it would be a good night.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Levi Murphy Ad
To be played in the cable media markets for Reno and Las Vegas

[A man's voice says:]
When raising funds for their Presidential campaigns,

Ben Little goes here.

Jillian Dayton goes here.

Emily Davenport goes here.

Mike Velez goes here.

But Levi Murphy goes here.

Let's Send A Worker to the White House
and support a candidate who will not be in the pocket of big billionaires and corporations, but in big us.

I'm Levi Murphy, and I approve this message.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sarenium wrote:

“Thanks,” he nodded as she passed him the glass.

“Yes. That’s exactly what I wanted to propose- a non-aggression pact. I’ll be totally forthright with you- we have a lot in common. We are both pragmatists. Heck, our healthcare plans are about as close as can be. I won’t insult you with an offer now, but you’d definitely have a place in my administration, if things didn’t go well for you in the end. And of course, I’d hope you think the same of me.”

"I'm happy to seal a non aggression pact till New Hampshire, but while you're here, I would like to hear what your priorities if you are elected are, what comes first for a President Velez?" she asked.
Last edited by Sarenium on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Velahor
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Velahor » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:28 pm

Mark Allen
@AllenArmsMark

My three sons are all accomplished leaders in our armed forces, upstanding citizens in their communities, and men of honorable character. I cannot take credit for this, they have earned it themselves and their mother played a role I never could. But I will say that the discipline learned by my choice for them to have a gun safety course at a young age helped them respect human life more fully and be more cautious, intentional, and focused in their actions.. #ProudToBeAMilitaryDad
”A wasted vote is voting for someone that you don’t believe in”

Libertarian Realist/Neoclassical Liberal/Capitalistic Pragmatist, Civil Rights Advocate, Architecture Geek, Law Student
Diane Paulson - Congresswoman - Maine 2nd District
Michelle Paulson-Miller - White House Deputy Chief of Staff & Former NRA Chief Lobbyist
William S. Rogers III - Senator - Montana
Martha Prendergast - Senator & First Lady - West Virginia
Daniel Gundersen - Mayor of Waukesha, WI/Candidate for United States Senate/Founder of Dairy Dan’s

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:52 am

Velahor wrote:
(Image)
Mark Allen
@AllenArmsMark

My three sons are all accomplished leaders in our armed forces, upstanding citizens in their communities, and men of honorable character. I cannot take credit for this, they have earned it themselves and their mother played a role I never could. But I will say that the discipline learned by my choice for them to have a gun safety course at a young age helped them respect human life more fully and be more cautious, intentional, and focused in their actions.. #ProudToBeAMilitaryDad

Liked and retweeted by @MissouriPeoplesSenator and @JOHNATANGNY3
Left Without Edge

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse