NATION

PASSWORD

Have small towns been vindicated?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41775
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby San Lumen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am

Christian Confederation wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
2016 demonstrated that you don't need an excuse to get shitfaced if the presidency is on the line.

2016 proved many things especially how divided the country is

I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

User avatar
Ors Might
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6606
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am

San Lumen wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:2016 proved many things especially how divided the country is

I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

It gets the Ors Might stamp of approval :^]
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21669
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:07 am

Ors Might wrote:
San Lumen wrote:I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

It gets the Ors Might stamp of approval :^]

That’s not an achievement. :p
Spanish Atheist.
If an area was ours for 500 years and yours for 50 years, it should belong to us – you are merely occupiers.
If an area was yours for 500 years and ours for 50 years, it should belong to us – borders must not be changed.
If an area belonged to us 500 years ago but never since then, it should belong to us – it is the cradle of our nation.
If a majority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must enjoy the right of self-determination.
If a minority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must be protected against your oppression.
All of the above rules apply to us, but not to you.
Our dream of greatness is historical necessity, yours is fascism.

User avatar
Christian Confederation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1860
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:44 am

San Lumen wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:2016 proved many things especially how divided the country is

I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

That's how the electoral college works yes
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

User avatar
Ors Might
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6606
Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am

Kowani wrote:
Ors Might wrote:It gets the Ors Might stamp of approval :^]

That’s not an achievement. :p

Hey..!

Though truth be told, it’s less a stamp and more of a Spiderman sticker. But it glows in the dark!
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

User avatar
The Empire of Pretantia
Post Czar
 
Posts: 39274
Founded: Oct 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire of Pretantia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:47 pm

Kowani wrote:
Ors Might wrote:It gets the Ors Might stamp of approval :^]

That’s not an achievement. :p

Yeah, it's a trophy like on PlayStation.
ywn be as good as this video
Gacha
Trashing other people's waifus
Anti-NN
EA
Douche flutes
Zimbabwe
Putting the toilet paper roll the wrong way
Every single square inch of Asia
Lewding Earth-chan
Pollution
4Chan in all its glory and all its horror
Playing the little Switch controller handheld thing in public
Treading on me
Socialism, Communism, Anarchism, and all their cousins and sisters and brothers and wife's sons
Alternate Universe 40K
Nightcore
Comcast
Zimbabwe
Believing the Ottomans were the third Roman Empire
Parodies of the Gadsden flag
The Fate Series
US politics

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21669
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:15 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
San Lumen wrote:I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

That's how the electoral college works yes

Last I checked, the EC wasn't statewide.

Ors Might wrote:
Kowani wrote:That’s not an achievement. :p

Hey..!

Though truth be told, it’s less a stamp and more of a Spiderman sticker. But it glows in the dark!

You should stop going to Chernobyl.

The Empire of Pretantia wrote:
Kowani wrote:That’s not an achievement. :p

Yeah, it's a trophy like on PlayStation.

Hey, some of those are legitimately hard.
Spanish Atheist.
If an area was ours for 500 years and yours for 50 years, it should belong to us – you are merely occupiers.
If an area was yours for 500 years and ours for 50 years, it should belong to us – borders must not be changed.
If an area belonged to us 500 years ago but never since then, it should belong to us – it is the cradle of our nation.
If a majority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must enjoy the right of self-determination.
If a minority of our people live there, it must belong to us – they must be protected against your oppression.
All of the above rules apply to us, but not to you.
Our dream of greatness is historical necessity, yours is fascism.

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41775
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby San Lumen » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:20 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
San Lumen wrote:I ask again Should we chose statewide officials by how many counties they win even if someone else gets more votes? Small towns would always decide statewide officials.

That's how the electoral college works yes

We don’t have a state electoral college but you think what I proposed would be fair?

User avatar
Christian Confederation
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1860
Founded: Dec 12, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Christian Confederation » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:30 pm

San Lumen wrote:
Christian Confederation wrote:That's how the electoral college works yes

We don’t have a state electoral college but you think what I proposed would be fair?

We kinda do though voting districts are basically little electoral colleges.
Founder of the moderate alliance
Open to new members, and embassy's.
My telagram box is always open for productive conversation.
IRL political views center right/ right.

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8320
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:57 pm

Christian Confederation wrote:
San Lumen wrote:We don’t have a state electoral college but you think what I proposed would be fair?

We kinda do though voting districts are basically little electoral colleges.


Generally speaking, statewide offices use popular vote totals instead of segmenting the vote by district and weighing some heavier than others.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 41775
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby San Lumen » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 am

Christian Confederation wrote:
San Lumen wrote:We don’t have a state electoral college but you think what I proposed would be fair?

We kinda do though voting districts are basically little electoral colleges.

Not really. Whomever gets the most votes for a statewide office Is elected. The only exception is Mississippi. One has to get the most votes and a majority of state house districts. If the latter is not achieved the legislature decides the governor

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Astotska, Baltenstein, Bharatiya Republic, Blasted Craigs, Bretwalder, Diopolis, Gallade, Galloism, Gerissa, Jalainuria, Leninist Haven, Loben The 2nd, Northern Davincia, Outer Bratorke, Pilipinas and Malaya, The Goggles, The Two Jerseys, Valentine Z, Vaspelia, Warvick, Xmara

Advertisement

Remove ads