NATION

PASSWORD

New Character RP OOC (Semi-Closed)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 10, 2005
Ex-Nation

New Character RP OOC (Semi-Closed)

Postby The Blastit Empire » Sat May 30, 2009 11:57 am

Well, I am back again from 2 years of nonexistence and a lot is different... And so now I want to get back to RPing!

This thread is for people who have RP'd with me before and those that I have TG'd already. As of yet I don't know what RP I will be doing, probably a Character Fantasy but again, unsure.

If you have RP'd with me before, you can post a hello if you wish and there is a slim chance you will be able to join but again, it is slim lol.

I have a few ideas for RPs. So far requests have been Continue old RPs, Start a new RP, or start a new RP in the CotG world.

So...Let's get something started!

NS team ASSEMBLE!!!!!!!!!

Ravea
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: New Character RP OOC (Semi-Closed)

Postby Ravea » Sat May 30, 2009 12:05 pm

Hey...remember me?
~Omnia mutantur, nihil interit~

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Sat May 30, 2009 1:01 pm

*ahem* Gentlemen

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Sat May 30, 2009 1:04 pm

LoL Aye I remember you Ravea. How goes life and all?

Greetings Lup, nice to see you well and all... and registered again...LoL

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Sat May 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Life's pretty good. Actually, Ermor just came back to the forums as well.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1640

And I even squeeze good old Zyergi in there.

I'm dying to get some more fantasy action going. There's been a huge influx of players, but unfortunately not a whole lot of high quality RPs going on, especially not of the past-tech or fantasy variety.

Kitab Al-Ibar
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitab Al-Ibar » Sat May 30, 2009 4:16 pm

Hey all, another one back from the dead. Good to see you again and hopefully we can get another good RP rolling. 8)

King Arthur the Great
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby King Arthur the Great » Sat May 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Blast, you're back! How's NS-death been?

Anyways, as always, anything you do, I'm up for.
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity - but keep an eye out for malice." -Hanlon's Razor.

"Those of you that think you know everything really annoy those of us that actually do."

Benjamin Franklin's explanation of Liberty vs. Democracy:
Democracy: Two Wolves and a Sheep voting on 'What to Have for Dinner'. Liberty: a Well-Armed Sheep.

Regenius
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Capitalizt

Postby Regenius » Sat May 30, 2009 5:52 pm

Evening Chaps. Long time, no see.
Fortitudine vincit.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Sun May 31, 2009 12:40 am

Talk about the dead rising...

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Sun May 31, 2009 1:23 am

lol Ravea, was thinking about your characters a few days ago. I was trying to remember how they were without going back to the story...that was a good story in my opinion...or at least I had good plans for it. I enjoyed my assassin dude.

Kitab, good to see you made it here whole...so far lol

Hoy, KAtG! NS death has been alright. Took a weight off my shoulders and felt kind of nice to have all that free-time...then free-time gave way to schooling...then schooling gave way to...more schooling...which gave way to kind of a sad, wanting to go back feeling, which...well, point of the matter is I ended up back here because I was bored and wanted to RP again lol.

Reg, nice to see you chum. You didn't end up NS-dieing did you? LoL

So we got a few zombies here and a few people that stuck through and into this new Forum Beta. It's going to be hard not calling it Jolt.

But, about the RP, I'm not quite sure how many people I can handle in it. I TG'd some people, most replied, one hasn't. So, when we get this RP going, I won't guarantee everyone will be in it since I dunno exactly how many I can handle. Nor do I know really what RP we're going to be doing! LoL

SO here it goes!

I want people to say what they prefer.

Continue old RP -or- New RP

If you chose Continue Old RP:

Which one(s)? Why?

New RP:

Setting?
-In Lustria, home of Clash of the Gods and spin-offs.
-In the same world of Clash of the Gods but not necessarily Lustria?
- New World?

Hmm I thought I had more questions but that's all I can think of right now. Not to mention I need to go to bed lol. I'll talk to you chums later!

Mombacho
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 30, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Sun May 31, 2009 7:06 am

I personally think I can do whatever, but I've told you that already Blastit.

Regenius
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 27, 2004
Capitalizt

Postby Regenius » Sun May 31, 2009 9:07 am

I've managed to avoid the cold grip of NS death, thankfully.

I vote for new, in Lustria an age or two after CotG.
Fortitudine vincit.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Sun May 31, 2009 10:54 am

Sounds good to me

Kitab Al-Ibar
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitab Al-Ibar » Sun May 31, 2009 11:20 am

I'm good for either, if a few more of the old group emerge from the shadows/the grave, then continuing with one of the old ones seems pretty feasible. Apart from that, a new one sounds good, the specifics of where is of little concern to me, if it's in the COTG world, then after could be interesting, and you can drop cryptic hints about how it might all have ended... XD
Last edited by Kitab Al-Ibar on Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ravea
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Ravea » Sun May 31, 2009 5:11 pm

I'm only a little familiar with CoTG, although i've interacted with plenty of it's characters before, so we can assume Zyergi is from the same world. I'm up for pretty much anything, honestly, though a new RP in an old world seems to be most appealing.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Sun May 31, 2009 5:36 pm

Kitab Al-Ibar wrote: you can drop cryptic hints about how it might all have ended... XD

I like this.

Wooshaba
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Wooshaba » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:58 am

Wassup everyone... I'm back too and ready to RP. It has been a while since I've been in the forums. Lup and Blastit how are you guys?
Last edited by Wooshaba on Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhinara
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Rhinara » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:22 am

Yo!

I'm fine with any of those setting options, Blastit. But in my opinion, if we're staying in the CotG universe and unless we figure out what exactly happened to everyone in the unfinished CotG RP (which could take a while to figure out), it might be better to do something outside of Lustria and with a new set of characters (gives us a chance to play with something new too!).

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm

Heya Woosh! The Master of Superhero RPs lol. Nice to see you!

I be decent, been through a lot of bad news to be honest, but overall I am pretty good and wanting to get into an RP and escape to a fantasy world lol. Hows bout you?

Nice to see you found it Rhinara!

Again, I can't guarentee everyone will be able to participate in an RP. Priority will be given to people I have TG'd and if it looks like I can handle more, I will be saying, "Hey you, get in here!" lol.

But at the moment... The future of this RP...

3 votes for Lustria, new age (Ravea, Lup, Reg)

1 Outside of Lustria (Rhinara)

A few undecided and Kitab is a swing vote lol

Another idea came to mind to me last night: It could be a melding of sorts, A travelor from another nation or continent has come to Lustria in search of heroes. He/she takes into considering the terrors, hardships, and destruction that has come to the land, perhaps there still be many heroes or people dreaming to be heroes that could save their own nation from their own terrors, hardships, etc

That could help people who aren't so knowledagble about Lustria have an excuse for not knowing much about what happened: Coming to guard the person/ try to find heros, perhaps be another fellow traveler searching for adventure, just not be from Lustria in general. Would could also be happening is that as we go through the RP, we travel to diff. continents/places to find our heros. But just tossing around ideas and the such.

Wooshaba
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 09, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Wooshaba » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:43 pm

I miss my old superhero RPs. That is honestly why I got on here; I just wanted to see what everyone was up to but it looks like everyone is just now getting started with their RPing again.

I might start up another superhero thread again, but I dunno...it just depends. I got a couple of new characters I want to introduce.

Luporum
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Luporum » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm down for anything, but It'll take some time to shake off the rust.

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:56 am

Hey just so everyone knows, Blastit has not forgotten anyone. He's been waiting in hopes that two other people he TGed would respond. He's thinking of getting around to get the OOC thread for the new RP going as soon as today potentially. Blastit is going to be gone most of next week with planned things, so when he goes for that don't worry. He says that he has to shake off the rust as well and has been working on it since with your suggestions, he's been working on the intro to the RP.

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Blastit Empire » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:34 am

Hey chums,

Mombacho is right. Unfortunately 2 people I have been waiting for haven't shown up however we'll see what happens with them if they come!

I would like to get started on this new RP and I am getting excited and all. I have been thinking that perhaps we go with the future of Lustria however if things go a certain way, will end up in a different nation. How's that sound?

I'll probably plop the OOC down before I leave on Sunday. I am going camping and may not be back until next Thursday to next Sunday.

Cool Beans

The Blastit Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

FRAGMENTED

Postby The Blastit Empire » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:34 pm

after half a day of trying to figure things out...I'll just use this thread as the RP OOC LoL

So here's what's going down...The story thus far, and a short one at that. I'll let the story reveal some endings of the trilogy (I think that may be funner)

You guys can pick how long it has been since the finale of the Gate War (3rd installment of the series)

FRAGMENTED:

It is some time after the events after the Clash of the Gods Trilogy. Valtrox was thwarted as I'm sure you all could have guessed. Unfortunately the war took its toll on Lustria and the nation is basically an apocolyptic wasteland. The nations of old exist no longer and the glorious citys of the past have fallen to ruin. The extent of nations are a few bands of creatures united and desperately trying to hold onto the land they could salvage for settlements. Demons who once mindless followed Valtrox no longer have a god to rule them and follow most demons that can function without their master. The Cult of Valtrox exists but it is no longer the feared empire of destruction. Now, the Cultists cling to their deadly swamps trying to trying to extend their own individual sect's territory through war or deceit (common tactics for the Cultists).

While there are promising cities and budding nations, one city has prospered amongst them all: Salvation, the land where the final battle took place and the end of Valtrox's short stay on the mortal realm occurred. Unfortunately, Salvation pales in comparison to ages past and it is no heaven. Corruption, decay, and poverty stains the city as nobles clash for power while the true head of state is unable to save his city due to the burden of his other duties, duties the gods have bestowed up on him.

However, Salvation or Lustria will probably not be the only setting of this story. Belodron is a continent, some distance across the Nercordian Sea. In the past Belodron and Lustria had little contact with each other. But now, the nations are beginning to grow uneasy- something terrible is happening as terrors begin to appear in their own territories. One man, the most powerful wizard of Belodron is on a mission to recruit heroes from Lustria, the land known for its epic tales, tragic heros, and notorious villains.

Your heros are going to be recruited by this Wizard to aid his dieing nation...or destroy it entirely, I leave a lot of it to you guys lol.

So tell me how it sounds. Again, people I TG'd will be allowed in first, however everyone may post a character if they wish. I will not post mine yet and I may never post them but I'll see what I can do. The Template is such:

Name:
Race:
Description:
Abilities:
Alignment:
Weakness:
Bio:

Mombacho
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Mombacho » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:38 pm

Name: Thaylia (her given name although she barely remembers it), Buzz (her street name that most of the other street kids know her by)

Race: Trixie

Physical Discription/Appeance: Around 8 inches tall, with 3 inch long gossamer wings that shimmer different shades of bright oranges (the wings are like dragonfly wings). Pale blue skin if you could see through the dirt that covers her from the streets. Her eyes are a bright, intense green and slightly big for her face so that she always looks wide-eyed and innocent. Her ears are very pointy. Her hair is long, reaching to her lower back and been hacked off unevenly. If the dirt is washed out of her hair, it would be a bright eye catching purple. She's in what are obviously someone's thrown out baby clothes (because most clothes are just going to be way too big for her), but even that seems to hang off her frame loosely. She's fairly thin even for a little child and doesn't look to have much muscle on her.

Powers/Speciality: She's good with locks and traps, She can hide and sneak around well. She's pretty good with picking pockets without being noticed. She can change her size to look pretty much exactly the same, she's just around 1/5 of her height and her wings and clothes do not change size with her.

Weaknesses: She really can't fight. She tries to avoid them if she can, but if one starts up she'll often run or hide so that she doesn't get hurt.

Where From: The streets of Salvation in Lustria

Personality: Very curious and nosy. Very naive and always asking questions. Easy to distract with a new topic or new bright colored item. Generally very happy-go-lucky and peppy, but gets scared easily. She is also very serious when dealing with traps, locks, and the like.

Alignment: Very chaotic. She generally seems to be neither good nor evil, but she'll often boarder on the good side because she wants to help people. She's not fully good because she has such a high interest in keeping herself alive due to growing up on the streets.

Bio: Thaylia remembers a small home that she used to live in, but cannot remember it very well. Her parents, or whoever was taking care of her died when she was around four years old and since she had no where to go, she started to live on the streets of the city she lived in. A couple of the older kids took her under their wing, so to speak, because she was so small and fairly nimble. That was until they were caught and she was the one first seen and they abandoned her to get out of it on her own. It was then she found out her ability to change her size and used that to get away, but she never went back to the older kids who had taught her everything she knew. Since then she has been living on her own among the street kids.
Unfortuantly for Thaylia her curiousity often got her in trouble in her young life. One time she heard a rumor that one of the nobles was actually bald and wore a wig. When she heard that she flew up to him in her small form and landed on his head. She started pulling and prodding at his hair as she asked if his hair was real or a wig. Unfortunately for all involve, she dislodged his wig and sent it flying into the crowd. After that she started becoming more curious about wigs and started bothering anyone thought to wear one. Once for a dare she stole one wig and a couple of times she took one accidentally when she was just worried about getting away.
A few times she heard that some of the teenage daughters of the nobles had smaller chests than they looked to have. That again got her curiosity up and she went up to them and reached into their shirts to see if they had stuffed their clothes to make themselves look more buxom. Once she felt that the girl was not, but the other times she pulled out some of the stuffing to the horror of the girls and their families.
One time she heard that a very rich merchant had a few fake teeth and she went up to him and asked him to open his mouth. He did so to tell her to leave him alone, but as he did, she stuck her head and shoulders into his mouth to look at his teeth. She accidentally pulled out one of the fakes and kept it as a memento.
If she gets caught sneaking into someone's house it's usually because something pretty has caught her eye and she forgets to stay silent and careful.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates