NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [OOC | Superhero | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:40 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:
No, I have not taken the time to write a massive fictional piece of legislation. An overview is in the history section of the lore thread under "Accords"

Thanks. I was thinking that my character constantly carries a copy of the book with him at all times and reads it out loud often, even during battle. He can heal in an aoe as well The point of my character is to boost morale, mettle and discipline. I think it kinda works because this is a unit made up of young people who are unsure of their place and powers. He's kinda the spiritual core of the group. That okay?

I won't know for sure until I see the app

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

Trying to get back into the swing of things... thinking of joining
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:33 am

Sadakoyama wrote:I'm new at this, so let me know if I need to change anything.

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Claire Elise Endicott-Grey
Alias: "Quandary"

Okay, looks pretty good, interesting to say the least. I'd say give me some clarification on the teleportation if It's just her, or some passengers/cargo can go with her, but otherwise I'd say accepted.

And just a tip on apps, typically anything in parentheses are meant to be deleted when you fill it out.

And one Lore-thing: you are being recruited to the Argonauts, A.S.E.T. is a separate, black-ops team.

Got it.

I'd say she could teleport only what she could comfortably carry; and maybe bring one person along if they were holding hands, but she doesn't know she can do that yet.
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!
We're not Communist and we love noodles.

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:35 am

My app is gonna be delayed since I have some online homework that needs finishing.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:17 pm

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:36 pm

Union Princes wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Claude Marceau
Alias: Robespierre

Accepted.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:48 pm

Alright then, when should I introduce my character? should it be after the tour or can I introduce him right there?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:55 pm

Union Princes wrote:Alright then, when should I introduce my character? should it be after the tour or can I introduce him right there?

I'll think of something for Bravo team, so just hold off posting for now

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:13 pm

Should Robe and I be on different teams since our skill sets are similar? Or will Bravo be mostly espionage?
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Sadakoyama wrote:Should Robe and I be on different teams since our skill sets are similar? Or will Bravo be mostly espionage?

I'm planning an IC post where we will redistribute teams. I'll introduce all of Bravo at once, but let players sort it out IC.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:20 pm

Awesome.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 am

Bravo team members, you are all free to commence posting.

Viremine
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 am

How do I do the image thing?

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019

Postby Nagakawa » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:15 am

Viremine wrote:How do I do the image thing?

Use the [ img ] [ /img ] tags and put your image URL in between the two tags.

For example, if i were to put this link https://i.imgur.com/kbMjez8.jpg in between the two IMG tags, the image will be displayed:

Last edited by Nagakawa on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Viremine
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:26 am

Nagakawa wrote:
Viremine wrote:How do I do the image thing?

Use the [ img ] [ /img ] tags and put your image URL in between the two tags.

For example, if i were to put this link https://i.imgur.com/kbMjez8.jpg in between the two IMG tags, the image will be displayed:

I previewed this and i copied the image location but when i press show it just shows the link thing

Viremine
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:27 am

oh wait i am a idiot ignore me

Valloria
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Valloria » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 am

Updated my app to reflect guidelines on how biologically based psychic powers work, feel free to take a look if you have psychic powers and want to expand the rationale behind them.
JON LOVITZ 2020

Viremine
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Viremine » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:24 am

Argus Metahuman File

Name: John Minister
Alias: Chaos Bell Guardian

Powers: Immortality: Cannot die from aging or other natural events such as Heart attacks and Sudden organ failure.

The Bell: When the bell is rung reality shifts and everything in the radius of the sound produced by the bell enters a strange pocket of reality in which nothing follows the basic rules of reality, random events occur more frequently and the ringer of the bell is immune to attacks based on chance.

Drawbacks & Limitations: None other than the guardian of the bell can ring the bell and when it is rung its impact on the world leaves an anomaly for centuries the holder of the Bell has a strange itch to ring it usually bringing disaster. Each time the bell is rung it draws on its holder's energy leading to differing levels of exhaustion depending on the event.

Weaknesses: If the sound of the bell is restrained to a small area such as a box its effects will only reach the area of the box.

Equipment and weapons: The Bell of Confusio, a hooded cloak, and a Glock.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American
Hometown: Nowhere, Oklahoma

Personality: John is a playful person and doesn't take his work very seriously being kinda laid back he loves playing games and causing chaos believing that jokes are never to be taken seriously and that you should never run with scissors. He also oddly enough speaks in a fake English accent and utilizes bits of olden English in his communications

Bio: John worked as a cashier at a 7/11 for a bit having not gone to college, believing it to be a waste of money and time, this is until what he believed to be a comet landed conveniently in his backyard, this was in fact not a comet but instead a strange bell and when he stupidly went to obtain it he became soul bound to the item he then proceeded to ring it resulting in a minor outbreak of flys and the grass within a mile radius turning blue he was of coursed noticed because of this and was sent an invitation to join the Argonauts without doing any research on what that actually is he dawned some cool looking robes he found at a Halloween store he can't remember the name of and accepted the invitation.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: The fear of harming someone with the bell, a phobia of his dumb interactions with the internet a child.
Skills: He can make good food from low-quality cheap ingredients.
Theme: N/A

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:57 am

Valloria wrote:Updated my app to reflect guidelines on how biologically based psychic powers work, feel free to take a look if you have psychic powers and want to expand the rationale behind them.

I would say that in the context of what you have here, Q's power would be to gradually erase Athenian particle connections that have to do with her. It wouldn't erase people's memories of events, she just wouldn't be in them anymore. The stronger the memory, the more connections, the longer this takes, until some kind of threshold level is reached. Does this work?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:04 pm

Viremine wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Alright, so. I've been thinking about this post for a while, and It is most definitely interesting, but I feel it will need some work before I can let it in. I can appreciate the powers; however, they would be a bit difficult to RP in a fair way. I would suggest either refining the powers, or changing them so that they're a bit more predictable, or only do a few set things. For instance, you could take the idea of the bell and have your character simply fire sonic blasts.

If you would like some aid or if you would like to talk out your powers further, you can always telegram me. We could also work to flesh out the backstory and perhaps some lore around the bell and your character. If you'd choose.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:08 pm

Viremine wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Alright, so. I've been thinking about this post for a while, and It is most definitely interesting, but I feel it will need some work before I can let it in. I can appreciate the powers; however, they would be a bit difficult to RP in a fair way. I would suggest either refining the powers, or changing them so that they're a bit more predictable, or only do a few set things. For instance, you could take the idea of the bell and have your character simply fire sonic blasts.

If you would like some aid or if you would like to talk out your powers further, you can always telegram me. We could also work to flesh out the backstory and perhaps some lore around the bell and your character. If you'd choose.

Like, sudden organ failure is a bit too vague. A strong drawback or limitation is recommended. A bit like vampires and the stake- remove it they come back... only for this something stronger then that.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Futrellia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 29, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Futrellia » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:26 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Ezekiel Wilson
Alias: Zeke

Powers:
Superhuman Strength:
Ezekiel possesses the ability to be immensely strong, much stronger than any human. Zeke can lift any vehicle, even a S.W.A.T. tactical van as demonstrated during the Battle of Brownsville.

Superhuman Durability:
Ezekiel is capable of withstanding mass amounts of crushing weights and impacts. As demonstrated during the Battle of Brownsville, bullets cannot penetrate his skin.

Enhanced Stamina:
Ezekiel takes much longer to tire than the normal human. He can run at least four miles without breaking a sweat or requiring increased oxygen intake through his respiratory system.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
While Zeke's skin is seemingly bulletproof and his bones are nigh-indestructible, his vital organs, while more resistant than a normal human's, are not. With openings in his skin, essentially targeting those openings (cuts, gashes) could cause critical injury to Zeke.

Weaknesses:
Gas and Telepathy
While Ezekiel is extremely resistant to kinetic impacts and explosions, gas and telepathic attacks are extremely effective.

Equipment and weapons:
Despite his powers, Zeke carries a heavy iron chain that allows him some range.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American
Hometown: Brooklyn, New York

Personality:
Raised in one of the worst neighborhoods in New York, Zeke was subjected to many abuses that shaped how he presents himself to outsiders. Though he likes to remain quiet and reserved, he's not above threatening others with extreme violence, even when he knows he'd be the loser in the contest. Zeke and alcohol do not mix, as his formerly quiet and reserved self takes the back seat and Zeke will jump on the chance to fight whenever he can, however he can. Treat him with respect and you may be treated the same.

Bio:
Born at 3:27 p.m. on August 14, 1993 to Daryl and Senandra Wilson at the Brooklyn Hospital Center, Ezekiel David Wilson was a whopping eight pound, four ounce baby that required a C-Section to remove safely. His father worked as a Carpenter and his mother stayed at home with their young son. Life was good for the Wilson family. Daryl received a promotion at work on the day of his son's second birthday and they would soon be moving out of the Brownsville neighborhood. Senandra was lining up a nice job with the Brooklyn Medical Center as a Receptionist as Ezekiel was set to attend Building Blocks Daycare. On August 21, 1995, Daryl Wilson was killed in a car accident with a drunk driver at the intersection of Sutter Avenue and Herzi Street. The accident was covered by their insurance company and it would provide for just enough to pay for bills and to buy another car, but the family would never be the same. Without her soulmate and a child, Ezekiel's mother fell into deep depression, passing up the receptionist job and preferring to remain at home, within the walls of her bedroom. In the years that followed, Zeke watched as a multitude of strange men entered and left his life. His mother fell into alcohol and drugs and Zeke would largely fend for himself. Both he and his mother were abused by men who only wished to use her. As life progressed for Ezekiel, he fell into a world of violence as he and his friends gained membership into the 5-9 Brims, a Bloods gang that operated mainly in the Brownsville and East New York areas. At the age of twelve, he accompanied members of the gang to an attack on a rival gang that ended the lives of thirteen. At the age of fourteen, he was a drug runner for the Brownsville and Bedford areas.

At age 17, Ezekiel's powers, which had mostly laid dormant, began to materialize. On a rainy day, Zeke was jumped by members of a rival gang while walking home from the grocery store. Outnumbered six to one, Zeke was beaten severely before a single punch landed on the cheek of one unlucky fighter sent him flying into the hood of a parked car in the alley. From there, Ezekiel gained the upper hand and rendered them all unconscious leaving two in critical condition. Zeke continued to test his newfound powers, allowing his friends to join in on the exercises that tested his strength and durability. Since the attack in the alley, his powers grew exponentially. He used them for the benefit of the 5-9 Brims. With a meta in their corner, the Brims gained massive amounts of territory while attracting the attention of many other gangs all across New York. On the streets, the name "Big Zeke" became notorious. Using his powers and his connections, he provided his mom a good living, disguising his gang work as taking jobs as an independent carpentry contractor, similar work to his father. While he would occasionally take laborer positions for construction jobs across New York, he obtained most of his money from drugs. With patience and time, he helped his mother quit drugs and got her a job at the local grocery store. By order of Big Zeke, she was protected by at least three Brims at all times. Though it wasn't something his father would have approved of, Ezekiel made his mom's life comfortable and safety was guaranteed.

Little did any of them know, the 5-9 Brims had been watched both the NYPD and the ATF. With enough actionable intel and the headquarters of the gang located, the NYPD would act. On February 19, 2020, ESS-7 of the NYPD's Emergency Service Unit along with several canine handler teams and uniformed officers initiated an initial blockade of all streets leading from the abandoned apartment complex to Strauss Street and Newport Street. The raid was initially immensely successful, units from the ESS gained entry, sweeping the first and second floors, neutralizing four gang members quietly. When units arrived on the third floor, gunfire erupted between gang members and Police forces. Ezekiel responded quickly, busting through one of the many doors in the east corridor, surprising the teams by kicking one of the units through a wall. Initially they attempted to use lethal force to drop Zeke, the rounds ripping through his clothing only to drop harmlessly to the floor. He critically injured another officer by grabbing him by the throat and throwing him out of one of the third story windows, his fall breaking with the hood of a squad car. With metahuman contact confirmed, NYPD Special Operations contacted Argus. As the ESU fell back, members of the 5-9s engaged Police with AK-47s and Glock handguns. Soon, the raid would become a short-lived war in the streets as additional NYPD and NYSO units were en-route from across New York City as Argus special response teams arrived on scene. As Argus teams moved in, Ezekiel was able to launch an ESU van up and twenty yards, landing on it's side, providing some relief for the barrage of rounds. As Argus agents arrived to find Ezekiel aggressively moving in on the Police lines, AOE Dampener grenades landed near him, emitting powerful bursts of energy that considerably weakened Zeke. Finding it hard to walk, Ezekiel powered through the effects and continued moving forward as his fellow Gang members fled. By the end of it, an AOE Dampener Emitter was deployed that completely disabled Ezekiel, falling to the ground as he was swarmed with Argus Riot Agents with ESU units following in support.

The Battle of Brownsville made national headlines as amateur footage of the Gangbanging Meta surfaced across social media sites such as YouTube. Under constant exposure to AOE Dampeners and under armed guard, Ezekiel was taken to the Argus Field Office in New York and placed in front of Special Agent in Charge Alexander Whitman. Despite the damage he caused, he was offered a second chance if he submitted to a Telepath scan and admission into a new Initiative known as the Argonauts. Though at first he was reluctant, the threat of imprisonment for life in Argus' Site II quickly changed his mind.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias:
Losing his mother, Acrophobia, Arachnophobia
Skills: Somewhat skilled in the application of Carpentry
Theme:
Run For Your Life

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:58 pm

oh it's luke cage

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Futrellia wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Ezekiel Wilson
Alias: Zeke

Accepted

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:45 pm

I might have an idea... now just to check out the power scaling here by examining approved apps
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse