NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [OOC | Superhero | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:17 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
The Great Swedish Empire wrote:So does my Priest idea work? I could flesh it out more for you if you want.

Skyggeheim raised an important thing to remember: Argus is doing this for a PR move. Having someone openly proselytizing and preaching a certain religion isn't a good move for them.

The power set is doable, but the character around it is problematic.

I mean he won't force it. He's more of a rouge revolutionary guy but I can see your issue with the character.
Stuff. Just stuff.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:50 pm

I think I have another idea. I like the Political Officer type of character. Of course, he won't actually have that title and power but he has that personality. He's yery-by-the-book, stuck-up, even arrogant but is stalwart, unflinching, uncompromising, and never tolerates cowardice, willful incompetence, and treachery. He's a real stickler the rules and tells others to do so. His power would be almost the same as the Preist, able to inspire other and boost stats and all that. That's another option if you think the idea the Priest doesn't work.
Stuff. Just stuff.

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:12 am

Try putting up an application or TGing the OP.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:19 am

Okayanos wrote:Try putting up an application or TGing the OP.

Sorry? What do you mean?
Stuff. Just stuff.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:20 am

I changed my mind. I'm not going to rp Whiteglass. I'm going to do my fire-based character idea. If-not, I might stop trying and go to another rp. I still wanna join, but I'm worried about my characters fitting in w/ other characters personality-wise.

Alexandra Whiteglass can snipe, but I don't see her as the 'sniper/operator' type. I see her as the gunrunner. The one who runs into a fight/battle guns a-blazing, probably assisted by other Argonauts. Whiteglass's personality seems to fit with the others, but she's unsure of herself and the others seem cocky and very sure-of-themselves.

I liked the idea of giving her 'ballistokinesis,' but I'm against giving her powers. I want to stick with/to her gun schtick. A fire-based char might work, as it'd make every Argonaut equal. (all of them would have some superpower or special ability.)
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:23 am

Ay, I'm thinking of joining. I assume it's not too late?
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 am

Nagakawa wrote:Ay, I'm thinking of joining. I assume it's not too late?

I don't think it is.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:28 am

Hypercapital wrote:
Nagakawa wrote:Ay, I'm thinking of joining. I assume it's not too late?

I don't think it is.

Noice. I’ll read through the lore and apps and get to work on mine in a bit.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:17 am

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Grace Robertson
Alias: Firebrand
Bright ginger hair, though oddly enough no freckles, dimples or other bumps on her face. Green eyes.
She's also tall, which is subjectively/relatively rare for a female.

Powers: Fire manipulation. Grace is also immune to her power, which is why there's no burns on her person. Grace also has fire-breath, though this is technically a part of her fire manipulation. Not just making fire out of her hands (which she mainly likes to do), but she can do various things with her power (which she doesn't know just yet. She'd need a mentor-figure to teach her more about her power and how to use it.)

Drawbacks & Limitations: Mainly usage. She doesn't know of the many ways her power(s) could be used, or that much about her power.
Weaknesses: Countering ice/water-based villains. She also goes too far with her power usage, and could tire herself out. Other weaknesses could be that she doesn't know Karate or any other martial art. Another person would have to teach her, also.

Equipment and weapons: A fireproof suit, although she doesn't really need it. She's also obsessed with style and swag, so she has numerous accessories (purses, jackets, jewelry and hats) with it.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American (Southern)
Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana

Personality: Fiesty and somewhat brash. She likes to rush into battles or fights and burn things. This has also made her a bit of an arsonist. Besides that, she's immature for her age. She's also very talkative and very booksmart/learned. She's cool and stoic in about any serious situation, usually going about them with a neutral expression/poker face or smirk on.

Bio: Firebrand's alias stems from her nature, or personality. Grace's parents weren't aware that she was Powered, but Grace was. All throughout her childhood and teenage years, she was a bit mischievous and troublesome but also well-meaning. Grace, in school, was the 'teacher's pet' trope. She could've also been considered 'the tryhard,' as she focused extremely hard on her education and schoolwork, meaning that, sadly, she had no school friends. Grace's favorite subjects were History and Art. She considered herself 'making Art with her hands,' outside of school, and would try impressing her peers this way.

Grace's parents were both bilingual in the French language, also teaching her French. She can be considered fluent in it, as she often practiced her French and took learning a new language seriously.

Though she's ignorant about her power(s), her superhero career started in her teenage years. She stopped it, since she didn't know how to balance that, learning other hobbies/manifesting other talents, and being boy-crazy. When she was nineteen, she officially returned to superhero-ing, as she learned to balance all of her jobs and duties. Grace worked as a mechanic, also showing a knack for car repair (and eventually vehicle repair).

Grace loved her powers, though once her parents learned she had them, her parents weren't pleased. They wanted her to 'be a normal girl.' It somewhat-upset her, as she told her parents countless times that she was 'a normal girl,' and was interested in things that other girls were interested in, 'but just with more pyrokinetics and flames!"

Her dad didn't want her to be so reliant on her fire power(s), so he took her to gyms and parks. He taught her Boxing and kickboxing, and worked on her stamina and fitness. (unbeknownst to him, he was helping her. A good hero is fit!) This also made her interested in Sports (that and her dad rubbing off on her. ((pause. Not like that.))), though superhero-ing and School sucked up her time big-time, so she couldn't focus as much as she wanted on it.

Grace has shown interest in working with other vigilantes or heroes, though felt like she still needed alot more help, whatever choice(s) she made regarding her heroics.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

She's right-handed. Her parents taught her to be ambidextrous, though.
Not a Louisianian trope/stereotype, but she loves Jazz. (particularly Freeform Jazz)
Being a tryhard in school, she did attend Band class. (She played Flute, and still plays and practices when she's not burning stuff or solving/fighting crime.)
Her fashion sense/sense-of-style.
Scooters. (She mainly drives a scooter, as she claims they're easier to fix even though she's good at repairing all vehicles.)
Fears/Phobias: Not looking stylish, her ignorance when it comes to her powers, and being a 'mediocre artist.' Other than that, she has no fears, and would be very hard to scare (technically.)
Skills: Bilingualism (French, English is her native tongue), playing Flute, being an artist, also being well-read and versed in trivia, vehicle repair.
Theme: Flight of the Bumblebee.
Last edited by HypErcApitAl on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:15 am

Skyggeheim wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Tara Redmast
Alias: Node

Accepted

Hypercapital wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Grace Robertson
Alias: Firebrand

Accepted

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:16 am

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Kenny Lim (born Lim Chun-ji (림춘지) )
Alias: "Kenny" / "Recovery Boy"

Kenny is a skinny, bespectacled young man standing at 169cm (5ft 5) and weighing about 55kg (121lbs). He sports short, frizzy black hair that he hardly bothers to style and that people often liken to a perpetual bed head; as for dress, he usually chooses what is comfortable for him, rather than what is stylish, though he does like his T-shirts to be a little more fitting.

Powers
  • Regeneration: As a side effect of experimental medical treatment that he underwent towards the end of his short stint in the ROK army, Kenny possesses the ability to regenerate organic tissue by placing his hand over the damaged part in question and using his mind to visualise the regenerative action, in turn effecting the tissues and willing them to regenerate. This ability is not limited by the extent of his medical knowledge, as the power does not require a full understanding of the target tissues in order to effect their regrowth.
  • Sight: As an extension of his regenerative power, Kenny is also able to peek into the inside of a person's body by placing his hand(s) over the part in question, allowing him to detect medical anomalies.
  • Shielding: An "awakening" of his ordinary power- when active, Kenny can generate an invisible force-field with a maximum radius of 15 to 20 metres. Any injuries sustained by any person inside this force field will undergo self-healing, as with Kenny's ordinary power. Though untested as of yet (it was discovered by accident, when Kenny burned himself while cooking), this particular power is of interest to Argus, which notes that especially with Kenny's background as a combat medic, it can be of great use in intense close combat situations due to its fast action and its granting of analgesia to the targets in question.

Drawbacks & Limitations
  • Kenny's regenerative ability is not limitless, as performing work uses up energy the same way exercise does- a good estimate is that performing 20 minutes of regeneration on others consumes about as much energy as 20 minutes of jogging, with the threshold reduced to 5 minutes if Kenny is working on himself. This, coupled with his reduced lung capacity as a result of his scarred lungs, means that performing regeneration is a highly strenuous activity for Kenny.
  • His ability does not allow him to perform any sort of excision or incision, meaning that he cannot use it to perform tumour removals, appendectomies, tracheostomies, venesections, or anything of the like.
  • In very rare cases, Kenny's ability might accidentally cause the growth of abnormal tumours which may or may not be cancerous.

Weaknesses
  • Due to an old illness, Kenny's lungs can function at the very most at only three-quarters capacity. Though he is relatively physically fit, his physical limit is significantly lower than most others, and a disease as common as influenza could easily kill him if left unchecked.
  • Kenny is especially prone to burnout owing to his sporadic but highly intense workaholism. He struggles with insomnia and caffeine reliance, and for a period of time in high school, was prescribed escitalopram to control his periodic mood swings. He is relatively more well-adjusted these days, being more wary of his work-rest cycle.
  • Kenny is short-sighted.

Equipment and weapons
  • A generic, run-of-the-mill bicycle inherited from his late father (It's very well maintained)
  • Swiss Army knife (genuine)
  • Lighter
  • Sennheiser CX300s earphones (he saved up two months to buy these)

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Korean
Hometown: Jeju City, Jeju Island, Republic of Korea

Personality:
Though he is rather reserved and shy, Kenny is also something of a social chameleon, easily blending in with different friend groups of different interests, though he tends not to take control of social situations nonetheless. He has an acerbic, biting wit, and while he is not prone to conflict, preferring to absorb insult rather than to fight back, he sometimes chooses instead to roast his competition with lyrical poise that sometimes flies over people's heads.

Kenny has a strong moral compass, and generally acts according to his beliefs rather than societal, parental, or even legal expectations. Despite this, he is greatly ambitious, especially when his values align closely with his aspirations, and will work tirelessly towards these goals, often at the risk of burning himself out psychologically and physically. His work style can be characterised

Bio:
Lim Chun-ji was born in Jeju City, the middle of three brothers. His father, a half-Japanese zainichi Korean who had returned to South Korea prior to Chun-ji's birth, was an economist working for Lotte Corporation's Japanese wing, and had been earmarked for a senior managerial position prior to his death. His mother is a Jeju native, the daughter of two tangerine farmers, who works as a general practitioner and runs two clinics, one in Jeju City in the north of Jeju Island and another in Seogwipo City in the south.

Born 3 years after his older brother Chun-kang and 8 years before his younger brother Chun-hu, Chun-ji grew up in financial stability and material comfort, but faced significant pressure from his father, a hardheaded disciplinarian who often verbally abused his wife, as well as from his older brother, who would often vacillate between being a hard but practical mentor and a relentless tormentor. Due to both his parents often being out of town for work, the three brothers eventually moved to live with their grandparents in Seoul, when Chun-ji was 9.

Life in the fast-paced capital did not suit Chun-ji, who often felt isolated and depressed by the concrete and the distance from nature despite his having no shortage of friends at school and decent grades. This was not helped by the fact that his older brother was an overachiever at school, being a consistent top scorer in the internal exams and the captain of his high school judo team to boot, and that his younger brother was severely asthmatic, requiring constant attention to ensure that he had his inhalers on hand and that the neighbours didn't smoke in the balcony of their apartment, beside the three brothers' grandparents' unit.

It was after Chun-kang was called up for compulsory military service that Chun-ji, now 16 and awaiting his entry into high school, began to develop greater ambitions in life. He became especially impassioned about the dearth of healthcare services available to the poor around the world, and strived hard in school to become a medical doctor, his intention being to work in the World Health Organisation to improve access to healthcare. He began using the English name Kenny, taken from his favourite South Park character Kenny McCormick, and joined his high-school's taekwondo team despite having no prior experience.

During his high school years, Kenny was perpetually juggling his school and extracurricular commitments as well as taking care of his much younger brother Chun-hu and his now older grandparents, all while sending lengthy updates via email to his overbearing father, who was now working in Tokyo, and who was always making demands of him. With Chun-kang now in the military (a special forces unit to boot), all the responsibility fell upon Kenny, and the pressure mounted. (Burn twice as bright, he reminisces of this period of his life, and you'll be extinguished twice as fast.) He began suffering from severe mood swings and anxiety in his final year of high school, and was diagnosed with adjustment disorder and prescribed escitalopram, on which he would rely until he finally graduated from high school, having done well enough to apply for entry into the highly prestigious Yonsei University's medical college.

With all the pressure and unpleasantries of high school, military service seemed a good respite from the average Asian student's life, and though offered the chance to defer for his studies, Kenny opted to enlist straight away, against the wishes of his father. His older brother was already in his last year of service (special forces units in South Korea retain conscripts twice as long as normal units) when Kenny first entered the Republic of Korea Army anyway, so the gap wherein both siblings were absent wasn't particularly large either ways.

The romantic image he had had about military life was soon shattered, however, as Kenny found it particularly unpleasant working in an environment so deprived of individualistic thoughts and regulated often to absurd degrees. Nevertheless, he scraped through basic training, and later attended medic school, from which he graduated as a combat medic and was then subsequently posted to the ROK Army 6th Infantry Division. During this time, Kenny's father was killed in a car crash in Tokyo, and while his mother was distraught, Kenny himself found that he did not care much.

Kenny's military service was abruptly cut short when, at the beginning of his second year in the army, he came down with influenza shortly before a field exercise. Misdiagnosed simply as a dry throat, his condition worsened severely, and he was hospitalised with pneumonia in an intensive care unit, and subsequently granted an early discharge from the army on medical grounds. Prior to his release, however, as he slowly recuperated in hospital, Kenny unknowingly became the test subject to a government-sanctioned test of experimental painkillers (in reality, he had been made to sign a consent form while in a stuporous state). He suffered from severe hallucinations and acid-like trips as a result, and the treatment was promptly abandoned in favour of more conventional therapies.

Following his discharge from hospital, Kenny was not quite the same person. His lungs were scarred as a result of his influenza-induced pneumonia, causing their capacity to be significantly diminished. He had lost quite some muscle mass, and had even shrunk a centimetre in height. Nevertheless, he was determined to nurse himself back to health so he could go to medical school and, just as importantly, so he could care for his grandparents and his younger brother, who was now in elementary school. This was hard, considering his appetite was so low at first that he only consumed a single carton of soy milk and an orange or two every day, but as he went back to practising taekwondo and enrolled into medical school, he found his appetite (and, thus, his strength) slowly increasing.

It was in his first year of medical school that Kenny soon became cognisant of an ability of which he had not previously been aware. During anatomy class, Kenny would often unwittingly close up the openings his professor had carved into the cadaver, and on top of that, he was quickly able to develop a near-perfect understanding of human anatomy, thanks to a special something he once called "intuition", but later corrected to "sight".

This ability did not go unnoticed, it seemed. He was loath to discuss it with his classmates, who by and large respected his decision, though some of them dubbed him "Recovery Boy", a reference to Recovery Girl from his favourite anime My Hero Academia. Shortly before his 22nd birthday, however, Kenny received a letter in the mail, bearing the insignia of Argus as well as his name and personal particulars. He did not then know why Argus wished to contact him, but as he read on, Kenny became more and more perturbed at the amount of information this organisation with which he had never once associated possessed about him.

Thereafter, Kenny tried harder to hide his powers, but word spread even among the professors; it seemed they, too, had received letters regarding one particular student by the name of Lim Chun-ji, possessing an ability of great significance to the corpus of medical knowledge. Such an ability, they reasoned with Kenny, would be greatly beneficial to the state of medicine, would it not? Barring the militaristic nature of the organisation, it would be an excellent position for an idealistic and aspiring young doctor to make a difference in the world, even if it meant having to fight from time to time.

One day, having received a second copy of the letter in the mail, Kenny had a change of heart. With permission from the university board, and in absolute secrecy (he did not even tell his family), he deferred the remainder of his studies, and wrote back to Argus.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Kenny's favourite foods are cold soba, mapo tofu, and mandu, but not all at the same time. He likes beer, but hates any other kind of alcohol, and absolutely detests the smell of tobacco and marijuana. He is a huge fan of David Bowie.

Fears/Phobias:
  • Kenny is severely claustrophobic.
Skills:
  • As a medical student and former military medic, Kenny is trained to perform medical procedures such as IV setting and maintenance, laryngoscope insertion, and venepuncture.
  • Kenny is equally fluent in Korean and English, and conversational in Japanese and Mandarin.
  • Kenny is a 1st dan in taekwondo. He has dabbled in Wing Chun and judo before, but has no formal training in either.
  • Kenny sort of remembers how to operate certain standard-issue firearms.
  • Kenny plays the piano, but holds no formal certification.
  • Kenny's current 2.4km run time is 10 minutes. His record was 8:44 minutes.

Theme:
Theme: David Bowie- Time (from the album Aladdin Sane)
Battle Theme: Yūki Hayashi- Bakusatsu-ō!! (from the OST of My Hero Academia Season 2)
Last edited by Nagakawa on Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:36 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Sadakoyama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sadakoyama » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:25 am

I'm new at this, so let me know if I need to change anything.

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Claire Elise Endicott-Grey
Alias: "Quandary"
Height: 168cm
Weight: "None of your business" (Med Dept note: We suspect Subject has been employing her abilities to suppress recording of this data. Approximation based on surreptitious visual assessment: 68kg
Hair: Light brown, shoulder length, wavy to curly
Eyes: Grey
Distinguishing Marks: Freckles on face and shoulders, Claims to have a tattoo but won't tell us where or of what; may be spurious.
Medical examiner's notes: Perfectly ordinary appearance in all respects. If... If I remember correctly. Who was this about again?

Powers:
Quandary has the ability to avoid notice. Subject does not become invisible in any respect; this ability simply prevents other people from noticing her, at all, as long as there is anything at all in the immediate vicinity to draw attention instead - even mundane and unfascinating items such as an office motivational poster, Styrofoam coffee cup, or even a person's own clothing. This power extends to active mechanical "notice" as well; auto focus cameras, face recognition software, and weapon targeting devices will not "lock on" to her person.
While this power continually operates passively at a low level, Subject can expend mental effort to strengthen and enhance the effect.

Even when noticed, the memory of her fades slowly from the minds of people with whom she does not choose to actively maintain contact with. This effect passively begins as soon as 5 minutes after direct personal contact ceases, depending on the interest, effort, and intent to remember of the contactee. Subject can also expend mental effort to enhance this effect as well. Daily contact seems to be necessary to maintain lasting memory of her, and long term memories seem to become stable after three months, on average. Primary researcher found it necessary to install a photograph of Subject in their bedchamber to remind them of their assignment in the morning; which fact delighted the Subject and prompted a number of unsubstantiated assertions as to the romantic intent of Primary. (Lead Psychologist note: This behaviour is likely the result of an emotional defense mechanism, see personal history.)

While no extraordinary physical abilities have been confirmed – strength, agility, and running speed all test as nominal and expected for her demographic classifications (strength perhaps less so), initial basic hand-to-hand combat training revealed a significantly increased ability to dodge or avoid attacks, obstacles or objects, in motion at speeds < 55 meters per second, approximately. Further, Subject is able to move unobstructed distances of < 50 meters virtually instantaneously. It is unconfirmed at this time whether these abilities represent accelerated speed of movement or limited teleportation (OOC: it's teleportation)

Drawbacks & Limitations:

The less visual "noise" in the environment, the less effectively the Subject's primary power functions, to the point of being virtually useless in a featureless white room (within where she and her interviewer had be isolated for the rest of the interview to be successfully conducted).
Likewise; plain, ordinary civilian clothing facilitates the functionality of Subject's power in a mission setting; Uniforms, combat armor, or flashy costumes draw attention unless in a context where such garments or equipment is common.
Subject's primary power functions only in her immediate presence. Subject is perfectly noticeable on passive security/CCTV recordings (which led to her being brought to our attention, see personal history.)

Subject's elusiveness in the minds and memories of others has had a significantly detrimental effect on her socialization and interpersonal skills, as well as limited her understanding of conventional moral paradigms. Subject evidences willingness to "be better", but will require guidance and understanding from teammates and support personnel as she navigates these unfamiliar concepts.

Subject presents occasional deficiencies in expected social and cultural skills, such as operating a motor vehicle, basic computer literacy, or proper diet and nutrition management.

Subject evidences a significant distaste for violent confrontation and has not fully acclimatized to the use of firearms at this stage of training.

Weaknesses:
Apart from as noted above, Subject has all the frailties and vulnerabilities of an unenhanced young adult female human. Additional physical training is recommended to address deficiencies in Subject's level of general physical fitness.

Equipment and weapons:
None of note.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Unknown; genetic and linguistic characteristics suggest a North American origin of primarily mixed Central and Northern European stock.
Hometown: Unknown; Subject was discovered and contacted while living in a mall in Toronto, but indicated her history prior was extensively peripatetic.

Personality:
Subject is superficially friendly and polite, unless she desires focused attention, in which case she will affect a loud, brash, mildly offensive demeanor to make herself seen. She craves more meaningful relationships but has learned to not expect any; this has instilled a somewhat cynical world view. The emotional toll that is the consequence of her condition has forged an outward appearance of sociopathic unconcern, but this is a facade not essential to her personality; under this surface she can care deeply for others but has learned not to emotionally invest in interpersonal relationships as a self-defense measure.

Bio:
Subject makes numerous, sometimes implausible and contradictory claims about her past. Most of this can be excused due to the presumed young age at which she found herself on her own; exaggerations can be attributed to a pragmatic device to generate and maintain focus on herself.
The prevailing hypothesis is that her powers manifested at birth or shortly thereafter. Her birth parents either died or, tragically, forgot her. Subject indicates the name she uses is one she gave herself; any given or surnames she may have had are lost to her, along with any records. She remembers several foster homes and institutions and a recurring pattern of benign neglect, likely the result of her abilities. Subject reports the last of these homes were "only interested in the stipend" so she simply walked away; she estimates circa age twelve as she had already begun menstruation. Under repeated urging, Subject related several abortive attempts at romantic entanglements that ended tragically when inevitably her boyfriends would forget even meeting her.
Her subsequent nomadic lifestyle, accomplished by virtue of her powers and petty thievery, came to an end when, as she reports, she "stayed to long" within the confines of the [REDACTED] shopping centre in Toronto. An especially keen mall security guard investigating an "epidemic" of shoplifting and other minor crimes noticed her presence on recorded video stealing in plain view of shop keepers who could not recall the incidents. The officer had the wisdom to contact Argus for assistance, upon which the Subject was taken into custody without incident and enlisted into the Argonauts.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias:
Subject evidences a deep underlying fear of loneliness but paradoxically becomes anxious and increasingly uncomfortable when close attention is paid her, such as during medical examination. Subject fears direct confrontation and remains uncomfortable around firearms.

Skills: (additional languages, mechanical skills, etc)
Speaks English only.
Basic knowledge of first aid, simple mechanical repairs, carpentry, mathematics, and library science.
Well-developed abilities in lock picking, shoplifting/sleight of hand, infiltration/exfiltration, petty burglary, and "train-hopping" (claimed but unverified).
Excellent perception, observation, cognition, and memory abilities.

Theme: 4' 33" - John Cage
Last edited by Sadakoyama on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Sadakoyama - Foul-mouthed mad scientists create a University in a disease-ridden jungle of death!
We're not Communist and we love noodles.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:28 am

Nagakawa wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Alright, It's a pretty good app, but there are some things I would like to point-out/suggest before I accept.

There is nothing wrong with your powers, but like I suggested with the previous healer application, Argus has access to other biokinetics; why would they select your hero? I would think about adding some form of offensive or defensive ability in order to elevate them to someone Argus would want on a team during the heat of battle, otherwise, you might as well wait in safety until you are needed, or risk having the team's healer going down for the count before anyone else.

And just one Lore-related thing I noticed: your character would most certainly know about Argus. They are the global organization that monitors metahumans. They're like the United Nations. And Korea most certainly has some hero teams of their own, which would work with Argus.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:29 am

Nagakawa wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Alright, It's a pretty good app, but there are some things I would like to point-out/suggest before I accept.

There is nothing wrong with your powers, but like I suggested with the previous healer application, Argus has access to other biokinetics; why would they select your hero? I would think about adding some form of offensive or defensive ability in order to elevate them to someone Argus would want on a team during the heat of battle, otherwise, you might as well wait in safety until you are needed, or risk having the team's healer going down for the count before anyone else.

And just one Lore-related thing I noticed: your character would most certainly know about Argus. They are the global organization that monitors metahumans. They're like the United Nations. And Korea most certainly has some hero teams of their own, which would work with Argus.

Aight, got it. Editing now.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:42 am

Sadakoyama wrote:I'm new at this, so let me know if I need to change anything.

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Claire Elise Endicott-Grey
Alias: "Quandary"

Okay, looks pretty good, interesting to say the least. I'd say give me some clarification on the teleportation if It's just her, or some passengers/cargo can go with her, but otherwise I'd say accepted.

And just a tip on apps, typically anything in parentheses are meant to be deleted when you fill it out.

And one Lore-thing: you are being recruited to the Argonauts, A.S.E.T. is a separate, black-ops team.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:47 am

So which should it be? The Priest or the rule-stickler?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:51 am

Alright, I've edited my app. Removed the lore inconsistencies, and added an additional power with combat significance.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:54 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:So which should it be? The Priest or the rule-stickler?

I probably won't accept the Priest, so do with that what you will.

Nagakawa wrote:Alright, I've edited my app. Removed the lore inconsistencies, and added an additional power with combat significance.

Alright. Accepted.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 am

I guess I go with the rules stickler. I have to ask a question. Is there a book on the rules and regulations of heroes?
Stuff. Just stuff.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Postby Nagakawa » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:58 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Alright. Accepted.

Thanks mate. Reading the IC posts now to see how best I can jump in.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 am

Nagakawa wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:Alright. Accepted.

Thanks mate. Reading the IC posts now to see how best I can jump in.

Hold off on that for now, I'm going to have to finagle a bit to get the bravo team there.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I guess I go with the rules stickler. I have to ask a question. Is there a book on the rules and regulations of heroes?

As the Lore post says, the St. Petersburg Accords outlines the rules and regulations for superhuman activities.

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:13 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I guess I go with the rules stickler. I have to ask a question. Is there a book on the rules and regulations of heroes?

As the Lore post says, the St. Petersburg Accords outlines the rules and regulations for superhuman activities.

I know, is there like the actual writing for the accords? I may have missed something in the Lore page.
Stuff. Just stuff.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:

I know, is there like the actual writing for the accords? I may have missed something in the Lore page.

No, I have not taken the time to write a massive fictional piece of legislation. An overview is in the history section of the lore thread under "Accords"

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:I know, is there like the actual writing for the accords? I may have missed something in the Lore page.

No, I have not taken the time to write a massive fictional piece of legislation. An overview is in the history section of the lore thread under "Accords"

Thanks. I was thinking that my character constantly carries a copy of the book with him at all times and reads it out loud often, even during battle. He can heal in an aoe as well The point of my character is to boost morale, mettle and discipline. I think it kinda works because this is a unit made up of young people who are unsure of their place and powers. He's kinda the spiritual core of the group. That okay?
Stuff. Just stuff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse