NATION

PASSWORD

The Warlord Campaign (FT, OPEN) (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 17, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

The Warlord Campaign (FT, OPEN) (OOC)

Postby Greater Gotha » Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:26 pm

The Umbrous Sector has forever been a lawless haven for criminals, traitors, warlords and private armies. One year ago, in 2440, the Szarbo War between the Gothan Empire and the Frizian Republic over the contentious Szarbo system came to a fruitless, bloody, and pointless standstill. The Treaty of Lygaard brought the conflict to an end, establishing the Szarbo Neutral Zone policed by an independent Autodefence Force. With troops fresh from the brutal fighting the Gothan Armed Forces High Command turned it's attention to the Umbrous Sector and the Combined Warlord Fleets, who pillage and burn their way through space. As more and more powers turn their forces to the conquest of these strategic crossroads, a further age of galactic unrest beckons.

Interested? Sign up!

Irpan
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:27 am

This sounds interesting what sorta plan do you have for it?

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:02 pm

Well the general idea is an area of strategic galactic importance (think crossroads) that is dominated by a loose-knit coalition of Warlords who strike seemingly at random into neighbouring states, causing mayhem in the border areas. This means that any galactic power bordering this 'warlord space' would be a target. Basically means you can run a military campaign independently or in an alliance. I'd only give the broad strokes of warlord opposition, so the details would be up to the players. If you are interested in the RP, here's a basic bio.

State Name:
Leader:
Nature of your state (Democracy, authoritarian, dictatorship)
Predominant religion/philosophy:

I'll give more details on the background of some of the key areas of warlord space and the characters you could end up meeting.
Last edited by Greater Gotha on Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:23 pm

Some ideas for events during the Warlord Campaign

Primary Missions

-Kingbreaker

The warlord fleet tasked with protecting the Praaji sector must be destroyed in order to gain a foothold into Warlord space.The Yagumo Flotilla is based at Al-Uman, a mountainous arctic world orbited by 3 Kyuga IV defence stations. Admiral Yagumo commands from the Monarch, a Hastam class battlecruiser carrying four Lancer interceptor squadrons.

Secondary Missions

Collateral Damage

The Furar system is wavering in its loyalty to the Warlord Council. Autarch Xhu, the greatest warlord of them all, has dispatched four of his most trusted lieutenants and a powerful force to terrify the Furari, hopefully without destroying the valuable industrial facilities of Furar. Xhu's minions and the Furari leadership are meeting aboard Arraz Station above Furar Secondus. Taking them out could bring Furar to your side, but Arraz Station is teeming with civilians. How many innocent lives are worth Furari loyalty?

White Noise

The Aeolus, A crippled Warlord intelligence-gathering cruiser damaged in an unknown battle, has gone down on the harsh planet of Greholm. Powerful sensor readings are radiating out into space from the crash site. Get to it first, who knows what you might find.

Just a few freewheeling ideas. Any thoughts?

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:48 am

State Name: Empire of Irpan
Leader: Emperor Mengsk I
Nature of your state (Democracy, authoritarian, dictatorship): Dictatorship
Predominant religion/philosophy: Christianity but it is strictly state controlled

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 am

Excellent, do you have any ideas how you would begin your campaign? Will you use the ideas I gave, have you any of your own?

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:01 pm

Probably start by bringing my navy into the area to secure the space over a planet and then begin a landing to secure it from them. Would be ISA type gear from Killzone 2 so not sure how that will pan out against the warlord tech in use in system but we'll see.

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Sounds excellent, my own empire is based on the helghast from kz1, 2,3 as well. Warlords usually use older weapons and tech, so shouldn't be too much of a problem one to one. I'll post an IC within the next day or so?

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:40 am

Sounds good and if you ever wanna do a Killzoneish war let me know. :)

The Ctan
Minister

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Ctan » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 pm

I take it from the OP that you're looking more for people to write stories where they also write the warlords' actions? If so I'll do Collateral Damage.

State Name: The Great Civilization of the C'tan
Leader: Telissat Amris, Arnstorana of the Great Civilization
Nature of your state (Democracy, authoritarian, dictatorship): Democracy
Predominant religion/philosophy: Antipathy to Chaos, Social Order and Unity
"The Necrons were amongst the first beings to come into existance, and have sworn that they will rule over the living." - Still surprisingly accurate!
"Be you anywhere from Progress Level 5 or 6 and barely space-competent, all the way up to the current record of PL-20 for beings like the C’Tan..." Lord General Superior Rai’a Sirisi, Xenohumanity
"Many races and faiths have considered themselves to be a threat to the Necrons, but their worlds and their cultures are now little more than interesting archaeology."
Want to get in touch? Direct Discord Link

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:22 pm

They were just ideas, you can follow them if you choose to. I'll post an IC ASAP to get the ball rolling.

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009

Postby Gebeta » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:38 pm

Im interested in this. Though I find while I like major battles, I shine when doing smaller stuff storytelling wise.

I can rp an ISA style special forces within the main ISA based fleet.

Assuming this is alright.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Yeah that's perfectly fine. The post is coming, just a bit bust at work (I look after special needs folk so with all the fun and games happening at the moment I have a little less free time than usual)

The Humankind Abh
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2004

Postby The Humankind Abh » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:30 pm

Well since warlord seems like fancy talk for pirates, the Abh hate them some pirates. And wouldn't mind getting back into the swing of things.

State Name: The Abh Empire
Leader: Empress Abriel Nei Dobrusk Lafiel
Nature of your state (Democracy, authoritarian, dictatorship): Starways Feudalism
Predominant religion/philosophy: No recognized religion. The Abh don't believe in a higher power. The faiths of the worlds they rule over are as varying as can be expected though.
Ranger FactbookUpdated: 11/1/2017
No One Liners, Proper US/Commonwealth English are a must for joining
Member of the LA Pact
Founder of the Rangers

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Tag.

Will there be a map?
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:52 pm

I'd love it if I could, can you suggest any map creators?

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:05 am

Greater Gotha wrote:I'd love it if I could, can you suggest any map creators?

Well, what did you have in mind in terms of planets, their satellites (both natural and artificial), star systems, star types and the placement of all of them?

Because I could make it, although it might be a bit crude. Or not.
Maybe just as a rough indication of where everything is.

Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:20 am

Good god, I really haven't given it that much thought! I was just thinking of a large, poorly mapped section of space between various larger states so that players can pretty much make it up as they go along if they wish. Other than that, any suggestions are welcome!

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:09 am

Greater Gotha wrote:Good god, I really haven't given it that much thought! I was just thinking of a large, poorly mapped section of space between various larger states so that players can pretty much make it up as they go along if they wish. Other than that, any suggestions are welcome!

Well, how big is it? Is it a galaxy or a collection of them or is it just a small group of star systems?

New Yugoslavia just is.

Osarkian Federation
Attaché

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Nation

Postby Osarkian Federation » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:03 pm

State Name: Federal Republic of Osarkia
Leader: President Ulbrich
Nature of your state: Democratic
Predominant religion/philosophy: Baptism

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:29 pm

I'd think it would be a mid size collection of star systems ruled by independent warlords, mercenaries, and criminals loosely under the rule of Autarch Xhu.

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Greater Gotha wrote:I'd think it would be a mid size collection of star systems ruled by independent warlords, mercenaries, and criminals loosely under the rule of Autarch Xhu.

But how much Is mid sized? 10? 20? 50? 100?

New Yugoslavia just is.

Greater Gotha
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Greater Gotha » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:32 pm

Sorry, I'd say maybe 20 systems of between 4-9planets in each

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:07 pm

Greater Gotha wrote:Sorry, I'd say maybe 20 systems of between 4-9planets in each

Ok, thanks.

New Yugoslavia just is.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:32 am

Can I throw in my MT and FT self? (In FT I only own Earth,Mars,and Keplar 43b)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents