NATION

PASSWORD

World Grand Prix Organization: OOC Discussion Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Diarcesia
Minister
 
Posts: 2084
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:17 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Diarcesia wrote:
Seconded. I'm at 997 words with the practice and qualifying posts. I'm assuming it resets after the cutoff from the race itself.

These interpretations are correct; the word limit is per raceweek and thus resets after each race cutoff.

Thanks!
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
-No! You can't just name trains after JoJo memes!
-Haha Duwang go chew chew

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7634
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:48 am

After many delays and "Eh, I will do it later"... I finally posted! :3



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
The Valentine Z CV.
NationStates 1st Flag Bracket - 1st place!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 38
Disappointing F7 Responses: 104

• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Somehow Related to Rarity
Attaché
 
Posts: 73
Founded: Dec 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Somehow Related to Rarity » Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:22 am

Aight it's time to post a question of my concern.
Knowing that I'll be changing RP scopes after this WGP2 season, will I still be able to continue Carmi's legacy, but in human form instead?
I'd find it a waste if I can't, but I guess it's my fault for changing in the first place.
Link to my signatures(it crossed the word limit): Numero Uno, Di Er Ge
Only legends can out pizza the hut.
ICly, call me Strayquestria and the Wolflands.
Yep, that's Dahyun.
Successor nation(from 3/5/20 onwards)> Twicetagram and JYPE

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 681
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Somehow Related to Rarity wrote:Aight it's time to post a question of my concern.
Knowing that I'll be changing RP scopes after this WGP2 season, will I still be able to continue Carmi's legacy, but in human form instead?
I'd find it a waste if I can't, but I guess it's my fault for changing in the first place.

I'd think it should be fine. It might be tricky to rp around, but I don't think an in-context decision like that could possibly be grounds for an out-of-context decision to not let you participate.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 681
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:02 pm

WGPC wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Hello! I am interested in participating; I would like to inquire, however, about the existence of two things before I get started:

1. Any technological limit (my nation in universe is slightly more technologically advanced than first-world nations today).
2. Use of extra-natural (magical and pseudo-magical) processes/technologies.


Hi people-not-in-Nimbus-anymore.

You're free to roleplay your car as being powered by whatever you like, as long as you can also explain why it is that, despite the magic/futuristic technology, your cars are no faster or slower than the rest of the field. The car has to look like an open-wheel F1-style racecar (one seat, open cockpit, four to six wheels that are open to the elements and have rubber (or similar synthetic material) tyres, no weapons, not remote controlled, within reasonable weight restrictions) such as we've seen in real life since the late 1960s and/or such as we may see in the foreseeable future.

The only real limitation is 'don't be really awkward on purpose' and 'don't get in the way of other people's fun'.

Throwback to that time Audio told Nimbus that cars couldn't have more than six wheels (although apparently five was ok; I'm surprised Nimbus didn't take advantage of that loophole :D). All it took was Nimbus sticking around for three years, becoming one of the most successful rpers in the sport, and hosting the competition, in order to finally be allowed to break the rules. :P

It's fun reading old posts though. It's hard for me to imagine that Nimbus used to be a newb.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Savojarna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1047
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:53 am

Recuecn wrote:
WGPC wrote:Hi people-not-in-Nimbus-anymore.

You're free to roleplay your car as being powered by whatever you like, as long as you can also explain why it is that, despite the magic/futuristic technology, your cars are no faster or slower than the rest of the field. The car has to look like an open-wheel F1-style racecar (one seat, open cockpit, four to six wheels that are open to the elements and have rubber (or similar synthetic material) tyres, no weapons, not remote controlled, within reasonable weight restrictions) such as we've seen in real life since the late 1960s and/or such as we may see in the foreseeable future.

The only real limitation is 'don't be really awkward on purpose' and 'don't get in the way of other people's fun'.

Throwback to that time Audio told Nimbus that cars couldn't have more than six wheels (although apparently five was ok; I'm surprised Nimbus didn't take advantage of that loophole :D). All it took was Nimbus sticking around for three years, becoming one of the most successful rpers in the sport, and hosting the competition, in order to finally be allowed to break the rules. :P

It's fun reading old posts though. It's hard for me to imagine that Nimbus used to be a newb.


In similar fashion: I find the "no slower" part interesting - wouldn't it be possible (at least under SQ rules) to give your cars lower stats on purpose and RP them as being slow because of inferior technology?
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1700
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Recuecn wrote:
WGPC wrote:
Hi people-not-in-Nimbus-anymore.

You're free to roleplay your car as being powered by whatever you like, as long as you can also explain why it is that, despite the magic/futuristic technology, your cars are no faster or slower than the rest of the field. The car has to look like an open-wheel F1-style racecar (one seat, open cockpit, four to six wheels that are open to the elements and have rubber (or similar synthetic material) tyres, no weapons, not remote controlled, within reasonable weight restrictions) such as we've seen in real life since the late 1960s and/or such as we may see in the foreseeable future.

The only real limitation is 'don't be really awkward on purpose' and 'don't get in the way of other people's fun'.

Throwback to that time Audio told Nimbus that cars couldn't have more than six wheels (although apparently five was ok; I'm surprised Nimbus didn't take advantage of that loophole :D). All it took was Nimbus sticking around for three years, becoming one of the most successful rpers in the sport, and hosting the competition, in order to finally be allowed to break the rules. :P

It's fun reading old posts though. It's hard for me to imagine that Nimbus used to be a newb.

In my defence, those rules have changed. Currently, the rule that pertains to car form is 'WGPC cars must be similar in size and shape to RL formula one cars. The definition of 'formula one car' is a vehicle that competed in RL Formula One any time after 1970.' And, ah...

ImageImage


I'm just taking inspiration from different cars, that's all!

(Okay, so the Williams didn't race in anything, but it did plenty of testing and forced the other teams into getting it banned - that's certainly 'competition'!)

But seriously, those days were good. Everyone starts somewhere and it's only because I was able to do well from the beginning if I worked hard enough and because I encountered such a welcoming community that I stayed. If I can offer that to other people, then this season will have done its job admirably.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Nekoni
Diplomat
 
Posts: 699
Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Considering how the rules specifically said "ground effects are fine", I think a couple of extra wheels isn't going to upset the boat.
29, Eurovision apologist, drunk.

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 681
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:In my defence, those rules have changed.

You don't need to defend yourself for anything! I think the UHSGV-2 is a great example of thinking outside the box to bring a fun new rp angle everybody can participate in. (No one can resist commenting on an eight-wheeled car. It's not even bending the rules, per se, but it is something new and different, which is exciting, and makes for good rp.

I just thought it was funny to see Audio's old post now in hindsight.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Diarcesia
Minister
 
Posts: 2084
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Recuecn wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:In my defence, those rules have changed.

You don't need to defend yourself for anything! I think the UHSGV-2 is a great example of thinking outside the box to bring a fun new rp angle everybody can participate in. (No one can resist commenting on an eight-wheeled car. It's not even bending the rules, per se, but it is something new and different, which is exciting, and makes for good rp.

I just thought it was funny to see Audio's old post now in hindsight.

No Nemomobile references, anyone? Seriously? :p
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
-No! You can't just name trains after JoJo memes!
-Haha Duwang go chew chew

User avatar
Aboveland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Dec 04, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aboveland » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:48 pm

Good Lord, last to last!
PROTECTORATES: New Emberton, Nykipiflugpuu


Home to WGPC14 champion and WGPC15, 16 second runner-up Terho Talvela

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7634
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:31 am

595+240 so... 835 words this time for the previous two races. ^^

Excluding the header, and the [pre] tag standings.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
The Valentine Z CV.
NationStates 1st Flag Bracket - 1st place!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 38
Disappointing F7 Responses: 104

• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Recuecn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 681
Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Recuecn » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:01 pm

Just so everyone's on the same page, I missed the race cutoff last week and the qualifying cutoff this week so I've wound up with 3, rather than two posts inside the normal period for the word limit. I've asked Nimbus not to count (or even bother to read) my second post this week.

My apologies for bending the rules here. I still wanted to post what I'd written despite missing the cutoff, even if it won't count.
rəswɛsən

User avatar
Diarcesia
Minister
 
Posts: 2084
Founded: Aug 21, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Diarcesia » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:23 pm

I thought the Filindostan GP already was a spectacle. Golly, the DNFs.
Factbooks | Economic Liaison | Maintenance
-No! You can't just name trains after JoJo memes!
-Haha Duwang go chew chew

User avatar
Auruna
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Auruna » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:59 am

Now I see the similarities between Viska and RBR. I was thinking of Marussia at first but then stuff happened. Now to wait for the race results.

Anyway, some random question stuck in my head since last week:
Is there any chance that there will be an Endurance or Rally championship? I'm thinking of trying to rp other motorsports.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!


Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna



#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

User avatar
Abanhfleft
Minister
 
Posts: 2328
Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Of course, the one time I decide not to RP is the first time both my drivers actually get on the podium... oh Margaret.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

User avatar
The Sherpa Empire
Minister
 
Posts: 2033
Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Auruna wrote:Anyway, some random question stuck in my head since last week:
Is there any chance that there will be an Endurance or Rally championship? I'm thinking of trying to rp other motorsports.


We have NSSCRA for stock cars. WGP and NSSCRA are the main racing series, but you can try hosting your own tournament in any style of motorsports.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.

User avatar
Savojarna
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1047
Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:14 am

The Sherpa Empire wrote:
Auruna wrote:Anyway, some random question stuck in my head since last week:
Is there any chance that there will be an Endurance or Rally championship? I'm thinking of trying to rp other motorsports.


We have NSSCRA for stock cars. WGP and NSSCRA are the main racing series, but you can try hosting your own tournament in any style of motorsports.


IC'ly rallye is the number one motorsport in Savojarna, so if there were to be a rallye circuit, we'd definitely contribute one or two races.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

User avatar
Auruna
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Auruna » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:09 am

I might try soon, but I should prepare first. I have experience with hosting RPs but not like this style. I need to get my hands on a scorinator first, practice with it, then plan.

I already have something in mind, a rally championship similar to the WRC.

Or maybe two because I also have an endurance championship in mind.

I can't decide.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!


Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna



#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

User avatar
Aboveland
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1127
Founded: Dec 04, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Aboveland » Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:52 am

Auruna wrote:I might try soon, but I should prepare first. I have experience with hosting RPs but not like this style. I need to get my hands on a scorinator first, practice with it, then plan.

I already have something in mind, a rally championship similar to the WRC.

Or maybe two because I also have an endurance championship in mind.

I can't decide.

I've always wanted a rally competition but the tricky bit is finding a scorinator made for that. I scratch the itch with Hodori's domestic rally championship but there's not much in the way of RP there.
PROTECTORATES: New Emberton, Nykipiflugpuu


Home to WGPC14 champion and WGPC15, 16 second runner-up Terho Talvela

User avatar
Auruna
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Auruna » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:02 am

Aboveland wrote:I've always wanted a rally competition but the tricky bit is finding a scorinator made for that. I scratch the itch with Hodori's domestic rally championship but there's not much in the way of RP there.


I think I can manage with the scorinators currently available. After a few hours messing about with the Racing Scorinator, I managed to convert it to rally-spec.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!


Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna



#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7634
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:01 pm

Also of note that Eastfield Lodge and I have cleared each other on using my character - Jolyn Caulfield, involved in a small little crash and accident.

So... yeah, I will be writing my part hopefully soon! ^^



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
The Valentine Z CV.
NationStates 1st Flag Bracket - 1st place!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 38
Disappointing F7 Responses: 104

• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Valentine Z
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7634
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Also of note that Eastfield Lodge and I have cleared each other on using my character - Jolyn Caulfield, involved in a small little crash and accident.

So... yeah, I will be writing my part hopefully soon! ^^

Posted, but there is going to be another shorter post to talk about the Incident in Tropicorp.



Valentine Z GIF Flag (Improved!)
The Valentine Z CV.
NationStates 1st Flag Bracket - 1st place!
Issues Thread 4th in Gen Sec

The Sixty! Opinions Deposit! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures! Cat Anthem! Valentian News.
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
Q & A Here! | Heights of NS! Add yours now!

Clarissa mistaken for Smurf/Avatar: 10
Valentijn called She: 38
Disappointing F7 Responses: 104

• Eat my freaking tranquility. - Zenyatta
• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.

• Am I a pretty girl?

User avatar
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1700
Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:18 am

Hi, all!

I've realised I accidentally messed up the race calendar - there's currently one too many events for the weeks we have left for the season. To minimise disruption, I'm going to run the race with a grid determined by the season's current standings now and then proceed as normal. Apologies for the confusion!

Nimbus
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

User avatar
Auruna
Attaché
 
Posts: 85
Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Auruna » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:21 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Hi, all!

I've realised I accidentally messed up the race calendar - there's currently one too many events for the weeks we have left for the season. To minimise disruption, I'm going to run the race with a grid determined by the season's current standings now and then proceed as normal. Apologies for the confusion!

Nimbus


Oh wow, lol.

I thought something's wrong at first and I remembered the current date then I got a bit confused.
#RiseAuruna!
#NagrüvaAuruna!


Note: I don't primarily use NS stats
Auruna's attackers in wars, in a nutshell
Clarkson : "Richard Hammond...
how's the braking going?"
Hammond : Sliding down the slope
"That's going well... it's going well."

FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF AURUNA
Litävinnenazyonalla Auruna



#ConLangGang
"Logistics is a fun mess of confusion and ammunition." - Auruna, 2020

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Electrum, Independent Athletes from Quebec, Martune, Riennic Isles, Talamia, TJUN-ia

Advertisement

Remove ads