NATION

PASSWORD

AKA [OOC | Superhero | Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Great Swedish Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Swedish Empire » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:12 am

Tag so I'll read in more detail later.
Stuff. Just stuff.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:55 am

San Har Jasta wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Chief
Alias: Chief

Very different and something new for aka, that's for sure.

Accepted.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:56 am

The Great Swedish Empire wrote:Tag so I'll read in more detail later.

I'm currently pausing new apps from people that haven't gotten in contact with me or this server already, but if a slot opens up I'll let you know.

Brancoveanic Transylvania
Attaché

Founded: Oct 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Brancoveanic Transylvania » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:07 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Josephine Josiah
Alias: Shining Diamond

Powers: Josephine's unique ability is to restore objects or organisms through touch.

She can repair the damage, heal injuries, revert chemical changes and complex structures to their raw components (e.g. a plate of spaghetti back into its raw ingredients). It may also fuse objects, for example, a person with a rock or inside a tree. When restoring a divided object, Josephine is able to control which part acts as the starting points for the rest to gather towards. Example feats of this nature include trapping an enemy by restoring pieces of a broken crate around her; and tracking by restoring a severed hand, forcing it to seek out and reattach itself to the body from which it was cut off.

If this ability is used while Josephine is in a foul mood, its target may become warped or mangled as a result of improper restoration, though this is generally on purpose, as she can control her power well. She also can somewhat fend for herself physically, being trained by a heavyweight champion boxer. This has lead her to be able to punch at somewhat impressive speeds at 3 times per second.

Drawbacks & Limitations: Her ability cannot be used to heal herself, cure illnesses (as victims are not considered damaged), restore anything transported to a different dimension, or restore life to a dead organism. Also, she must physically touch the object, more specifically punch or hit it, in order to activated her powers.

Weaknesses: She generally has a massive 'no killing'' rule, and tends to be merciful to others as it's a rule of honor for her, though she will not hesitate to beat anyone up if they insult her hairstyle, regardless of who they are. Also, she is only powerful in the sense she can use the environment around her to ehr advantage rather than use brute strength, and even then she uses it to save lives rather than fight others, unless her hair is insulted, which makes brutalizing the other guy her main priority.
Equipment and weapons: an iPhone, her wallet, a picture of the Jonas Brothers... and that's it.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: LIberian
Hometown: Bensonville, Monsserado

Personality: Josephine's primary trait is her overall kindness, reflected in her power, repairs and heals. When she was a child, a random bystander helped save a feverish Josephine out of kindness, Josephine subconsciously reflected that kindness in herself. Agreeable by nature, Josephine isn't as prone to violence as most others and can even calmly tolerate bullying by upperclassmen. Josephine is loyal to her friends and loved ones; risking her life for them during shootouts and dangerous conflicts. Upon meeting someone in not particularly antagonistic circumstances, Josephine will generally be polite and friendly.

Overall, Josephine behave\s quite youthfully and aside from her general goal of protecting Morioh from any enemy menace, is concerned by more down to earth matters, such as hanging out with her friends. As a consequence, Josephine is almost never seen alone when out in public. Josephine passively protects her town, and only acts when she directly encounters a Metahuman. Curious, Josephine is quick to investigate any unusual phenomenon, and she is very prone to openly communicate her feelings, either expressing amazement, amusement, fear and anger thus she appears as a goofy individual at times.

Bio: Born in the harsh environment in a remote town in Liberia, Josephine didn't get to live the luxury of a quiet normal life after her youngest years, for her father was enlisted for a militia and her mother worked in basketweaving. She contracted malaria at the age of seven and was experiencing an episode when the family car was stuck in the but, but was saved by a familiar white man with a pompadour, who throws his coat under his mother's car in order to allow their car to plow safely through the snow. This then inspires Josephine's admiration for the man with the pompadour and leads her to copy it. She also was educated in a school in the outskirts, but the school was quickly taken over by militiamen. Josephine was being raped since the age of four, but she didn't care... because she let herself be played with so all the other kids wouldn't suffer. Her power grew expenentionally, and then at the age of 11 the civil war in Liberia ended, and it allowed her to go out into the country, slowly rebuild herself and try and fix what was done to her country, moving to Monrovia in order to become a protector.

Instead of the traditional vigilantism that constituted being a hero, she took a different take on the matter; helping fix buildings, heal wounds of soldiers and civilians, entertain children, but also catch warlords and have them detained by police. Eventually, as time went by, however, people grew wary of her power, and started to jeer her for being a witch, blaming evil spirits for her power and that it's inevitable she will be corrupted. She ended up being targeted for lynchings several times, and rejected by the society she tried to fix. Eventually, however, in 2014, she decided to move out of Liberia and seek a new home in the United States with the funds she saved up, taking her business to the rougher streets of Los Angeles, before eventually she came across a man who offered her to use her passive powers to serve within the Argonauts, a group consisted of people like her with unique powers. She quickly accepted, re-entitling herself 'Shining Diamond'.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Ghosts, murder
Skills: Video games, cooking (especially her ultra-spicy "Violet Organ Grinder" hot sauce recipe), singing
Theme: Starlight Destiny
Current year: 1795

Set in an alternate timeline where less-aggressive and civilised vampires roam Europe and mainly Transylvania, home of the infamous Vlad Draculesi long ago, think of what would happen if JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood meets Game of Thrones meets The Duellists meets War and Peace, Complete with the revolutionary-king-but-also-asshole Dionisie Brancoveanu under tension against his vengeance-lusted brother, now King of Hungary, Ionatan!

Okayanos
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 04, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Okayanos » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:36 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:Name: Josephine Josiah

So you stole Josuke's backstory, power, and copy-pasted his personality from the Jojo wiki. And added child rape for some reason.

What the fuck?

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:42 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Claude Marceau
Alias: Robespierre

Powers: Silence is Golden: Claude can negate any sound or sound-inducing effects which allows him to move with complete and utter silence to perform a sneak attack to any unsuspecting target. This also means his victims are unable to communicate verbally when it's too late to notice his presence.

Unsee and Unnoticed: He can turn invisible to the naked eye and give off no presence to any electronic device. Combined with his mute ability, Claude is a ghost who can sneak past the most armed security.
Drawbacks & Limitations:
His invisibility can be nullified if liquids like water and paint get on his clothes or if he gets set on fire.
Being invisible does not make him ethereal and physical objects can impede him if the situation desires.
Weaknesses:
Still human and thus is still susceptible to injuries and illnesses.
Equipment and weapons: akimbo .44 Magnum revolvers, a Smith & Wesson Model 500 revolver, throwing knives, garrote wire, and emp grenades.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: French
Hometown: Bordeaux

Personality: He prides himself as a cultured gentleman as he sips fine French wine while he listens to Chopin and Handel. While most children of wealthy elites flaunt their cash around buying cars and exotic pets, Claude sees them as brainless louts. He spends his money on expensive suits and just as equally expensive knives and revolvers. Claude’s ridiculously high standards makes him delusional and egotistical to his colleagues. It’s no wonder he can’t get a date since he unfairly applies those standards to others around him. However, he’s not so above it all as even he would indulge in sodas and fast food.

Bio: Groomed to be a future government bureaucrat, Claude had his future already laid out for him by his aristocratic parents. He had everything: the finest food, the finest clothes, the finest bed, and all the ladies practically worshipped his footsteps. It was a luxurious life though he shunned the spotlight as Claude quickly realized how annoying it was for the paparazzi to invade his privacy. He purposely cultivated a rich boy persona as bait for the media to blindly follow while he secretly adopted normal clothes to blend into society as a way to get a breath of fresh air.

When his powers were discovered, his mother was exceptionally joyous as she proudly boasts of her son’s amazing career path because of his powers laid out in front of him among her circle of socialites. His father, however, quietly took him aside and reminded him that metahumans are banned from serving in national government. Thanks to the idiotic gossip of his mother, Claude’s life had a new goal set out for him. Even though the GIGN would benefit greatly for the likes of him, applying for theArgonauts was the more politically correct option since France would get unnecessary international backlash if he continued his path to be in government service.

With the blessing from his parents and riding on the legacy of his grandparents being Nazi Hunters and members of the WWII French resistence, Claude joined Argus.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Public embarrassment. His pride will simply not allow it. His family will never let him live it down.
Skills: Skilled gunslinger with handguns though he does prefer revolvers for their reliability and firepower
Excellent with a knife, whether throwing or stabbing.
Excellent at disguising himself and blending into a crowd
Multilingual in 16 different European languages: Spanish, Italian, English, German, Russian, Hungarian, Romanian, Swedish, Finnish, Greek, Latin, Gaelic, Portugese, Ukrainian, Lithuanian, and Polish.
Theme: Hanbanera
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:12 pm

Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Yeah, like I said, you didn't get in before I paused, and I'm going to have to ask you not to app again given the content of this app.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Union Princes wrote:It is done
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Maria Ludwig
Alias: Holiday

OKay, so just a few points, Argus wouldn't be searching out for her unless she was already sanctioned and doing hero work, they have other bio-kinetics and healers. This kind of stemmed from them wanting heroic people. The Argonauts are supposed to bring good PR to Argus while still getting the job done. And while she certainly has useful powers, and incredible durability via healing, I'm not sure she's geared towards being deployed in field missions.

With how I'm thinking the mechanics are going to play out, healing may want to be a secondary ability to consider. Or perhaps working Maria so she revolves around hurting and healing. Or Hurting to heal possibly? Maybe even healing offensively? That would be neat if you could pull that off.

I think I may want some tweaks done to the app before I accept it. Specifically in the power and bio/personality department.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:01 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Alexandra 'Alex' Whiteglass
Alias: Pinpoint
Long hair, mostly worn in a ponytail. Auburn hair-color, but she dyes it black. Bright blue eyes. Athletic build, though a skinny bodytype. Due to her career, she had to wear outfits that 'didn't fit with her,' in her words, like skintight suits, or all-black/gray colorschemes. Due to her career, she has some scars on her face. (around her eyes and forehead) and is self-conscious about them. She'd like to wear a normal, everyday outfit of a t-shirt and jeans, but due to her career, she had to militarize a tad.

Powers: No superpowers or anything abnormal. Alex has capabilities or abilities that are normal to basic to superhumans/metahumans, like multitasking, a high pain index/tolerance, photographic memory, and so on.

Drawbacks & Limitations: As she doesn't have superpowers, she has many limitations, though she trains extremely hard to be near peak performance.

Weaknesses: Normal human weaknesses, like getting shot or falling off cliffs, etc. Though her main 'weakness' can be herself. Alex doubts her own abilities, if she's a good crimefighter, so-on-and-so-fourth. Alex can also be classified as 'overly emotional' or having 'anger issues,' as in a fight, she's not 'calm-and-collected,' she 'thinks with her primal brain' and loses it. Alex's approach to crimefighting is questionable, at-best.

Equipment and weapons: M4A1, Makarov, M1 Garand, Uzi, AK-47,Glock, Revolver, Spas-12 (basically any firearm), any knife or throwing knife. Knifes are her second specialty, besides gunplay. She does use grenades, though tries not to use explosives, or any explosive that makes 'a huge mess.' She is also willing to use any weapon given to her, though note that she'll spend a large amount of time practicing and trying to get familiar with it.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: American ('New England/New English')
Hometown: Somewhere in/around New York City.

Personality: Tomboyish, overly emotional and prone to anger and outbursts (as mentioned earlier), protective, focused and careful. She also has a weird sense of humor, laughing at things most wouldn't laugh at or consider funny or hilarious. She's helpful, and intelligent. (but not "Albert Einstein-type" intelligent, though.) She's slightly immature.

Bio: Alexandra Whiteglass was born on October 07, 1993 to two Conservative, Republican-style parents.

Alex's dad was a proud gun-owner and around nine or ten, he'd taught his daughter how to use firearms, and essentially everything about them. Alex in her childhood/teenage years is nothing (maybe not 'nothing,' I say that because her youth and her present self have alot of differences.) like the Alex in her Adult years, as Alex was considered the 'silly, girly-girl' when she was growing up.

As Alex's dad had guns in the house, Alex was quite used to gun culture, and even though she was the 'silly, girly-girl,' she'd play with toy guns and water guns alot, and in her teenage years, she was the 'BB Gun' kid.

Alex can be considered an oxymoron, as she's silly and immature (or slightly immature in her older years), but she's also matured, too.

In her younger years, she wasn't a 'daddy's girl' or 'her mother's daughter,' but just Alex. She'd wander off, make friends with alot of like-minded girls and boys, and would've usually been off on her own. (and fine that way) Alex's parents had no impact on her because of this. The main people who'd had an impact were her friends, teachers, and so on.

In school/on campus, she was directionless. She wasn't a 'bad girl' or a 'delinquent,' or playing Hooky on purpose, she mainly did all of that stuff because she didn't know exactly what to do, where to go, how to fit in. She wasn't 'peer-pressured,' it was her own brain, her own mind, trying to find herself and a purpose.

In her adult years, she has a bookworm part of herself, a part of her that loves self-education and learning new and useful habits, skills, trades. She can usually be seen reading books about how to fix things or solve problems, when not crimefighting or practicing.

Alex's name is usually shortened to 'Alex' because of tomboy tendencies, although she's not a tomboy, she's tomboyish, and maybe because her youth has left an imprint, a mark on her. Alex's name is 'Alexandra,' but she's not really a fan of it. She says;"...it came off too strong, too feminine. I like 'Alex,' Alex has many possibilities to it."

Due to her crimefighting career, she had many scars on herself, though most have vanished or are semi-visible. Alex can be somewhat conscious about her own appearance, and that's also why she tries to stay fit, not just because of her career, of being Pinpoint, but her own mental conscience. Her own self, or her own reasons.

She can also be considered semi-introverted, she doesn't like being bothered. A side effect of her youth and somewhat her career is, she'll pull guns out on people that bother or startle her. She's also not really 'introverted,' but moreso ambiverted. (or possessing qualities of both introverts and extroverts)

In her career as Pinpoint, she went out of her way to get 'sidekicks' or partners. She didn't mind working solo, but she just felt as if something was missing.

Alex wasn't self-conscious about her haircolor, she's fine with having auburn hair. She dyed it because of being Pinpoint. She didn't want to bring too much attention to her hair and how bright it was. Also because of being Pinpoint, she had to "look tactical."

She states that 'Cops and military folk don't wear their hair down, or show too much skin, or try to look pretty. These people throw their jobs first and place their personalities, their personal selves, their realness out the window or on the backburner. I try not to do that, but also to do that, because I don't want to fight Crime as a girl and always have thugs throw it in my face that I'm, indeed, a girl."

Alex mainly fights Crime 'since she 'has no purpose,' and didn't 'have one, even since my twelve years as a schoolgirl.' Her parents also taught her to give back to Society, and also to know her place in it. She thought that heroics and vigilantism was a perfect way to 'give back,' and to also use the skillset her dad gave her. She said; "Joining the Army'd fit all this criteria, but I don't think they're accepting females yet. And if I did, I wouldn't want to be some nurse. I'd want to be an Infantry, to be out there with the other soldiers."

She often questions if she's even a hero, or that she has heroic or altruistic traits. "I'm not a 'hero,' I'm just a normal girl that just-so-happens to be wearing Army-type stuff. I'm just a girl with a bunch of guns that'd blow someone away instead of arresting or knocking them out. I'm not Heroic." or, "I'm not heroic, I get mad too quickly. I've never saw a hero with my attitude yet."

"Heroes and superheroes don't go to shooting ranges, or even practice using guns, or even use 'em. I'm not a hero, I do all three, and when I do shoot someone, it's not all civil-like, like a cop. Mine's more like; 'Boom, boom! Get shot! You've just messed with the wrong heroine, today!"

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Although she lived in New England, she doesn't have an New English accent or even talk like them. She also moved around and travelled, and still somewhat travels though she prefers staying near New York City.

She's straight. (I know this is a superhero/hero rp but I think most-likely there'd also be some flirting and stuff going on. Also, I had to clarify Alex's sexuality.)

She's left-handed, though trained herself to be ambidextrous.

Fears/Phobias: She's mostly fearless, but again, her fears or weaknesses are/is herself. She doubts and questions her adequacy, if she's effective, her efficient-ness, and etc. She has no 'main' fear, all of these fears (or more-so, phobias) pop up when she's daydreaming or even trying to think and be focused. She's focused, but not lazer-focused, as she'll often worry that she's not saving someone the 'right way' or she's doing 'X when she should be doing Y,' and so on.
Skills: No additional languages. She, in her own opinion 'barely even mastered English, so how and why should I learn Spanish or French?' Her skills are moreso things she learns in books, since she's booksmart, or things relating to her skillset like running-whilst-shooting, loading and reloading quickly, memorizing 'useless' stuff, and so on.
Theme: (I can't think of a theme song for her yet, so maybe 'Seven Nation Army' will do for now.)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

"Peace is a lie." ~ Sith Code (excerpt)

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Not accepting apps without prior approval as "Paused to New Apps" indicates.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:56 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:
Brancoveanic Transylvania wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Yeah, like I said, you didn't get in before I paused, and I'm going to have to ask you not to app again given the content of this app.

They just copied from JoJo

:rofl:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:
"Hypercapital's greatest wish would be for others to stop thinking of them (Hypercapital) as too "edgy" and for said other persons to get to truly know and appreciate the depth of Hypercapital's lore."

Classical Liberal (ClaLib), Proud stan of Kim Jong Un's sis, Kanye West 2024, Vermin Supreme (whenever)

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:58 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Not accepting apps without prior approval as "Paused to New Apps" indicates.

Alright. I thought you paused the rp for new apps. When's it going to get unpaused? I'd really like to be a part of this.

:) :) :)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:20 pm

Hypercapital wrote:
Alright. I thought you paused the rp for new apps. When's it going to get unpaused? I'd really like to be a part of this.

Ah, well, we havn't started the IC yet. I just wanted to keep team sizes reasonable. If enough people show interest, I'll create a Bravo team for the Argonauts.

But just for the app, I'd recommend either having powers to be considered a metahuman, or tech advanced enough to be an "enhanced" Metahuman. But that is for if/when I re-open to outside apps.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:35 pm

So, the Argonauts are only accepting powered people?

:idea: :?:
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:12 pm

So having her powers be vampirism or some sort of leech magic? I like the healing blood and I thought I could have her fight unconventionally with the knife throwing and old smg

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:15 pm

Hypercapital wrote:

Ah, well, we havn't started the IC yet. I just wanted to keep team sizes reasonable. If enough people show interest, I'll create a Bravo team for the Argonauts.

But just for the app, I'd recommend either having powers to be considered a metahuman, or tech advanced enough to be an "enhanced" Metahuman. But that is for if/when I re-open to outside apps.

Whiteglass was my second idea for a char in this rp, my second and thirds were fire-based and telekinetic chars. I also wanted to do the trope of 'young girl doesn't know what she's really capable of doing w/ her powers and she needs a mentor-type figure' but I thought against it.
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Founded: Apr 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:46 pm

Hypercapital wrote:

Whiteglass was my second idea for a char in this rp, my second and thirds were fire-based and telekinetic chars. I also wanted to do the trope of 'young girl doesn't know what she's really capable of doing w/ her powers and she needs a mentor-type figure' but I thought against it.

Considering the design of your character to be an operator-type, you might want to look into ballistokinesis(the telekinetic control of ballistic projectiles) and/or some other powers that would make them an excellent sniper. It would boost her power potential and enable her to operate on the scale/speed/intensity that metas do.

I ran a sniper a while back in a different superhero RP that had some interesting powers, TG me if you want to develop this character further once(if) OP opens it up to new apps.
Last edited by Skyggeheim on Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HypErcApitAl
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby HypErcApitAl » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:27 pm

That's actually an amazing idea. I don't even know how I could rp it, though. Thanks! :clap: 8) :)
(quotes)
Kehrernesia wrote:

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:29 pm

Hypercapital wrote:That's actually an amazing idea. I don't even know how I could rp it, though. Thanks! :clap: 8) :)

Latent ballistokinesis could allow you to RP it without explicitly saying "She manipulates the bullet to strike him in the head." Though mentions of it throughout your posts would help remind other players that it exists.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:32 pm

Hey Skiggy, what did Cy mean by offensive healing? or hurting to heal?

Skyggeheim
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyggeheim » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Union Princes wrote:Hey Skiggy, what did Cy mean by offensive healing? or hurting to heal?

Dealing damage to gain the capacity to heal.

An example might be, since I'm the magic nerd, an enchanted blade or staff that saps the life force from whoever it cuts. Then being able to distribute that life force to others or yourself to heal.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:58 pm

I see, I don't know how to describe a power like that. I probably have to change characters since I'm not too familiar with this type of healing

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:32 pm

Argus Metahuman File

Name: Evanthuccia “Tuccia” Formosa
Alias: Carmagnola
In some ways, Tuccia is fairly unremarkable among Sicilian women, with her matronly but fairly well-proportioned pear shaped build. Her hair is waist-length, curly, and incredibly voluminous, to the point that she could likely style it into an afro with only the right haircut and a change in grooming habits. Although her hair was once dark brown, as were her eyes, due to the passive effects of her powers, her natural form has drifted from her original looks. Perhaps most noticeably, her hair is a luminous rainbow of pastels, while her irises are coloured sparkly emerald, contrasted dramatically with pitch-black sclera. Out of her hair sprout lilac lepidine antennae. Further, she has a second pair of eyes beneath her natural pair which are nearly invisible when closed save for faint slits. Interestingly, like a chameleon, all four of her eyes have independent amplitude, although she usually keeps them looking in the same direction. Her lips are uncannily red, as if she’s permanently wearing lipstick. Behind her lips are a set of fangs, and a tongue which may extend and be used as a straw of sorts, not unlike that of a butterfly. Similar to her lips, her cheeks seem the slightest bit too rosy to be natural, even though they are. Although small, standing at a diminutive 158cm(5’2”), her bottom-heavy build is solid and strong, perfect for her previous profession, which often demanded having a child on each hip while carrying other affairs. On her back, she has a tiny pair of wings resembling those of a maple moth that she may grow to be functional at will, given energy.

Powers:
Pocket Dimension Shenanigans: Evanthuccia has lordship over her very own pocket dimension. Like dough in her hands, the fabric of this reality is hers to manipulate. However, anything with an ounce of sentience from outside remains constant. Although she can move such things, she cannot effect changes on them as with her own creations without some form of consent. They are, after all, not of her world. In order to access her dimension, she may either use an already existing door, or, for significantly more energy, simply rip a hole in between realities.

Dimensional Breach: Using gathered oneiric energy, Tuccia is able to begin to bridge the gap between her pocket dimension and our own. Her ability to do so directly corresponds to how much energy she has access to. Under normal circumstances, she usually is able to muster a basic set of abilities. This set is composed of telekinesis of up to around 50kg(100 lbs), local illusions, physical dimension manipulation of objects and people up around 50%, and personal aesthetic manipulation(Think clothes, voice filters, etc. Relates to illusions). With more power at her disposal, she can use her pocket dimension to create portals between locations, bring small manifestations from her dimension into the real one, and more, so long as she can sustain it.

Drawbacks & Limitations:
Oneirivore: Without access to dreams, imagination, and the like, Tuccia is largely powerless outside of her pocket dimension. All exercising of powers in the real world requires her to siphon oneiric energy from other humans. The best wells of this energy are, naturally, children, but she can easily siphon from adults as well, albeit for less payoff. The bewildered, disturbed, and insane pose interesting risks, because, although their oneiric energy is even stronger than children, Tuccia has found their energy to be too volatile to easily make use of. Every individual has different levels of oneiric energy, and these levels may vary based on circumstance. As a result, even the most boring people can be sources for her, although this often requires manually sparking their imaginations back into motion via personal interaction.

You Are What You Eat: By channeling oneiric energy, Tuccia takes on a non-negligible risk of undergoing progressive physical changes over time. Although she is able to suppress their manifestation with energy, ultimately her physical form can be permanently changed by these effects, as is quite evident in her natural form.

Weaknesses: Tuccia has this almost automatic sense of judgement that can prove upsetting, even to herself, be it from accuracy, pure meanness of the statement, or a combination of both. Given that such things often just come to her, it can become quite the task to avoid using such thoughts to judge people too much.

Equipment and weapons: Meter stick. It’s surprisingly more effective as a weapon than one who hasn’t been to Catholic school would think. Although she has no particular special tools of her own, Tuccia will gladly take advantage of anything made available to her.

BACKGROUND

Nationality: Italian-Maltese
Hometown: Palermu

Personality: Tuccia is energetic and eccentric. An excellent description of her would be to place her at a midpoint between Mrs. Frizzle, the Tenth Doctor, and the Good Place’s Janet. However, her power set compels her towards behaving rather narcissistically at times, as if the feelings of others are of little consequence. Over this basal tendency, however, is many years of personal growth and reflection. As a primary school teacher by trade, and an enthusiastic one at that, Tuccia has developed more than a touch of bubbly eccentricity, and has a habit of using many an unnecessary superlative. Similarly, she still bears the habit of filtering herself, and so rarely curses or references things that one would not in a classroom environment without actively thinking to do so. She usually keeps a cool head in stressful situations, and endeavours to be polite, but has a capacity for brutal judgement and sharp honesty that may come as surprising given her otherwise gentle demeanour. While it isn’t an aspect of herself that she nurtures, it is nonetheless very present in her internal consciousness.

Bio: From a very young age, Tuccia has been rather peculiar as a person. As a child, she didn’t care for being touched, and bore a stern demeanour that lent her far more to studying than making friends. On her own, she would sit, read, draw, and occasionally write in her diary. She had little evident interest in her peers, and a sneering disdain for many of the traditional merriments of childhood. During elementary school, many of her peers even likened her to a mob boss with her largely humorless disposition.

Her distant tendencies as a young child were spurred on by the manifestation of her powers. Using the utility closet in her bathroom, she created a constant link in her childhood home to her very own pocket dimension, or, as she then called it, “Lu Miu Universu Immaginariu”. After school, she would often retreat to her little world, taking care to avoid her two younger brothers and her younger sister finding where she went. While in her dimension, she would shift worlds to her whim, and experiment with all manner of concepts learned from television and books. Indeed, Tuccia may well be if not the only, then certainly one of the only people in the world to have personally witnessed a pulsar, although she herself created it. Naturally, this godhood in her own dimension did little to foster a sense of humility, and so she spent her time drawing and imagining new projects during time in the schoolyard rather than bothering with her peers’ games.

It was only as she entered secondary school that she began to develop any sort of appreciation for her fellow person. It was surely of reassurance to some of her teachers to learn that she wasn’t some sort of juvenile psychopath as she began to socialise. At first, her reason for doing so was a mixture of boredom with playing on her own, and strong encouragement from almost every adult in her life. By the end of middle school, she had found a niche among other high-achievers, although her enthusiasm when it came to studying most subjects was less than most of her friends. Still, she was an excellent student, and excelled foreign languages, history, and life sciences. She was provided with the opportunity at the beginning of upper school to study abroad. Given the choice out of numerous countries, she chose Thailand, although it had seemed for around a year that she would be going to Romania, as there had initially been other students also planning on going. For two years, she studied in Thailand at International School Bangkok, and picked up the local language quickly with much help from her host family.

By her return to Palermo, she had begun to take a different outlook on things. There was much of the world she hadn’t yet seen, so many people she hadn’t met, and so many things she hadn’t done. And many of these things, she ultimately couldn’t recreate in her own pocket dimension, try as she might. However, as she revisited her powers, she began to find ways to bring her world closer to reality. As she learned more about this facet of her abilities, she found her ideal profession. Teaching would provide her with more than enough resources to have a field day with her powers.

And so, she attended university to obtain a degree in pedagogy so she could become an elementary school teacher in order to harness this newfound source of energy. Her time in higher education was largely uneventful as far as life developments went, save for the occasional binge drink and a boyfriend that taught her to avoid siphoning oneiric energy from anyone who might fantasize about her too much, as the results could be rather inconvenient.

Upon graduation, Tuccia entered into the teaching system after her internship, and enjoyed the greater part of the last decade reaping the abundant imagination present in her classroom. She had, one might say, a field day teaching young children and brimming with power, but it was naturally only a matter of time before the A.I.D.D. caught on to such shenanigans. For a time, she was placed under covert surveillance as they endeavoured to figure out precisely what she was doing. Once this was established, she was eventually tried by Argus. During the case, she was acquitted from charges of malicious use on the basis of no clear harm to any of her students, and was absolved of personal gain charges on the basis of her otherwise strong record as an educator. However, this case caused her suspension as a teacher, leaving her jobless.

Confronted with a cease and desist order that she considered unsustainable, Tuccia was compelled to look for alternatives. No longer able to pursue her passion as an educator, Tuccia reached out to Argus as a result of this difficult situation, and was soon thereafter presented with the opportunity to participate in the Argonauts. Keen on taking up an opportunity which would allow her to continue to perform a service to society while largely being able to continue to use her powers as she desired. A mutually beneficial situation for all.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Fears/Phobias: Although not necessarily a fear, Tuccia does have a sense of anxiety when it comes to the concept of mortality, as with her particular power set, she doesn’t know if she’s able to die of natural causes, or what would happen if she did die.
Skills: Polyglotism(Speaks Sicilian(Native-Maternal), Maltese(Native-Paternal), Italian(C2), English(C2), French(C1), Romanian(B2), and Thai(B2)), education(particularly early childcare), drawing, and singing
Theme: Coconut Mall, Rodent Ruckus, and Master of Your Fate

Took me a few days for this one. Hope it shows!

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:41 am

Khasinkonia wrote:
Argus Metahuman File

Name: Evanthuccia “Tuccia” Formosa
Alias: Carmagnola

Accepted

The Cyberiad Council
Minister