NATION

PASSWORD

1906: Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC-CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:06 pm

Elerian wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Yeah, yeah, icly.

If you're just doing it just cause then no, that's stupid. If there's a good reason for it then maybe.

Its hard to say without more context, but this sounds gamey.

Oscalantine wrote:
Ever since we have run this RP, we haven't yet run into those XDDD

I know, it's just that since I'm going to be under the sights of arguably NationStates best P2TM War RPer, I'm gonna need some infinite IQ big brain strats just to, you know, exist.

Reservation

Nation Name: Royalist Flanders
Territory:
Image+ The Congo

#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: Reservations will last for 48 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting and removing reservations.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Elerian wrote:
If you're just doing it just cause then no, that's stupid. If there's a good reason for it then maybe.

Its hard to say without more context, but this sounds gamey.

Oscalantine wrote:

I know, it's just that since I'm going to be under the sights of arguably NationStates best P2TM War RPer, I'm gonna need some infinite IQ big brain strats just to, you know, exist.

Reservation

Territory:

*Note: Reservations will last for 48 hours. The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting and removing reservations.

The claim is accepted, one small mention though - Angelond has also claimed the port of Antwerp.

Normally I wouldn't accept his claim, since obviously it makes the situation a bit more difficult to you, but it might be important to his concept - I still have to read his app before making a decision.

If it is too big of an issue for you, you can say it and I'll take it into account, but Angelond might also be one of your allies.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Nah nah don't worry, I'm not planning on just leaving after the fact. A Colonial Govt. is the idea.

Speaking of which, has anyone claimed to be sucessors to the HRE yet?

No idea. Having said that, I am sure someone will XDD. App approving is mostly done by the main OP.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:11 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Nah nah don't worry, I'm not planning on just leaving after the fact. A Colonial Govt. is the idea.

No idea. Having said that, I am sure someone will XDD. App approving is mostly done by the main OP.

oh bet then guess I'm the HRE.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:12 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Hmmm... to relinquish control of one's own country... ... ... firstly it has to be something that was pre-approved by both parties. And again, to echo El's opinion, it is stupid to simply cede sovereignty. It would have to have IC ramifications that led up to that event. And even then, it probably has to be pretty believable. We don't see countries simply ceding sovereignty willy-nilly for a reason, you know, so there HAS to be some justification that is believable to the general public and much more to Trace, who is the main OP.

And there is something to do with what you yourself will do after cession is over. Are you going to play as a colonial government within the nation that you have ceded? Then it would require you to edit part or whole of your application to fit the part, and have it be approved again by the OP... since you wouldn't be the same nation anymore. And you would have to pre-arrange what will the relationship between yourself and the colonial overlord would be.

In the end... a lot of work for a small gimmick. And if you are thinking about leaving after the fact... that's not possible. Back when I was the OP I simply put leaver's territory as NPC land and allowed free conquest with the leaver's application nation as a default setting. End of story. No cession needed nor allowed. I would imagine that Trace will honor the same system.

Nah nah don't worry, I'm not planning on just leaving after the fact. A Colonial Govt. is the idea.

It would be difficult for anyone to claim to be the successor to the HRE since there was no HRE :p

With a Western Roman Empire surviving in Italy, neither Charlemagne nor the Germans claimed the Roman imperial title. They did claim the title of Emperor, just not that of the Emperor of the Romans. The Central European Empire, which is the descendant of our equivalent of the HRE, which was the Holy Central European Empire.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

It would be difficult for anyone to claim to be the successor to the HRE since there was no HRE :p

With a Western Roman Empire surviving in Italy, neither Charlemagne nor the Germans claimed the Roman imperial title. They did claim the title of Emperor, just not that of the Emperor of the Romans. The Central European Empire, which is the descendant of our equivalent of the HRE, which was the Holy Central European Empire.

nevermind
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:13 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Reservation

Territory:

The claim is accepted, one small mention though - Angelond has also claimed the port of Antwerp.

Normally I wouldn't accept his claim, since obviously it makes the situation a bit more difficult to you, but it might be important to his concept - I still have to read his app before making a decision.

If it is too big of an issue for you, you can say it and I'll take it into account, but Angelond might also be one of your allies.

I'll ask him nicely. 8)

Diplomacy 101
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:14 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:It would be difficult for anyone to claim to be the successor to the HRE since there was no HRE :p

nevermind

You could potentially be claiming the Central European imperial title, but you'd have to discuss history with that player, and it might create some tensions between you and what might be an ally.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:15 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:nevermind

You could potentially be claiming the Central European imperial title, but you'd have to discuss history with that player, and it might create some tensions between you and what might be an ally.

Damn, this is tough. Going into whatever is remaining of belgium I never thought I'd need allies.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Kuvukiland
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuvukiland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:20 pm

Can i apply and where are the main thread?or i must change to my big nation New Cassadland because it has high population and started more early?if i could i want the (all/full) teritory near the green (russia).
Last edited by Kuvukiland on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A random African - themed nation,A lovers of picture memes (memenade)

i don't know what to put here

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:You could potentially be claiming the Central European imperial title, but you'd have to discuss history with that player, and it might create some tensions between you and what might be an ally.

Damn, this is tough. Going into whatever is remaining of belgium I never thought I'd need allies.

Well, you could certainly be using a policy of neutrality, and play the interests of France and the CEE against each other

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Kuvukiland wrote:Can i apply and where are the main thread?or i must change to my big nation New Cassadland because it has high population and started more early?

Building off that, when does the IC thread go up, and is there a deadline for applications?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:21 pm

Kuvukiland wrote:Can i apply and where are the main thread?or i must change to my big nation New Cassadland because it has high population and started more early?

This is the main thread where you apply, but we are not using NS stats, so it doesn't matter what account you use to apply with.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Damn, this is tough. Going into whatever is remaining of belgium I never thought I'd need allies.

Well, you could certainly be using a policy of neutrality, and play the interests of France and the CEE against each other

No one who dare violate Belgium's neutrality amirite? :roll:
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:

Building off that, when does the IC thread go up, and is there a deadline for applications?

Reservations last for 48 hours in theory, and depending on how many apps are finished, the IC might be up tomorrow.

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:23 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, you could certainly be using a policy of neutrality, and play the interests of France and the CEE against each other

Never rped with either of them so I'm not gonna bet on their personalities being anything more then "fuck it, let's split him" and then get invaved by both the strongest militaries in the game at the same time. Poland 39' but a hundred times worse.
Last edited by Nouveau Quebecois on Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Axis Asteroid
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Axis Asteroid » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

Never rped with either of them so I'm not gonna bet on their personalities being anything more then "fuck it, let's split him" and then get invaved by both the strongest militaries in the game at the same time. Poland 39' but a hundred times worse.

You could try and have Angelond guarantee your neutrality if it comes to that. If that happens though, then it's clear that some things never change even when its alternate history lol.
National Factbook: History, Economy, Military etc.
(Significantly inspired by Zeon from Gundam.)

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:29 pm

Axis Asteroid wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:Never rped with either of them so I'm not gonna bet on their personalities being anything more then "fuck it, let's split him" and then get invaved by both the strongest militaries in the game at the same time. Poland 39' but a hundred times worse.

You could try and have Angelond guarantee your neutrality if it comes to that. If that happens though, then it's clear that some things never change even when its alternate history lol.

gOD as if it can get any worse, Leopold II, my leader with the highest stats, dies at the end of the starting year. Even worse, the only thing Albert is good at is his spirtuality level.
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Kuvukiland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuvukiland » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:30 pm

I want to apply but i use a tablet. so i copy it, scroll the application text and it's gone...

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:34 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Axis Asteroid wrote:

gOD as if it can get any worse, Leopold II, my leader with the highest stats, dies at the end of the starting year. Even worse, the only thing Albert is good at is his spirtuality level.

I mean, two things:
You don't have to base your nation on Belgium, you can base it on the Netherlands, and I would in fact recommend that seeing as France has Wallonia, though your nation concept is of course up to you
And didn't Leopold II die in 1909? But regardless, you could have him remain alive for a little more regardless

Nouveau Quebecois
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nouveau Quebecois » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:35 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Nouveau Quebecois wrote:gOD as if it can get any worse, Leopold II, my leader with the highest stats, dies at the end of the starting year. Even worse, the only thing Albert is good at is his spirtuality level.

I mean, two things:
You don't have to base your nation on Belgium, you can base it on the Netherlands, and I would in fact recommend that seeing as France has Wallonia, though your nation concept is of course up to you
And didn't Leopold II die in 1909? But regardless, you could have him remain alive for a little more regardless

Can I add the Congo to my core territory instead of claimed?
Don't trust Moderators.

Moderators Lie.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:39 pm

Nouveau Quebecois wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I mean, two things:

Can I add the Congo to my core territory instead of claimed?

If you want it as your colony, yes.

Core territory is the territory that you control, claimed territory is territory your nation desires.

To use my own nation as an example - the ERE controls what's marked with purple on the map, but claims all the territories that were controlled by Justinian.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Kuvukiland wrote:I want to apply but i use a tablet. so i copy it, scroll the application text and it's gone...

Oof, I don't remember there being such issues on a tablet - but I stopped using a tablet for NS stuff years ago.

If it helps you, you can simply tell us what you'd want to reserve in a simple post and we can discuss it.

Kuvukiland
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Kuvukiland » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:06 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Kuvukiland wrote:I want to apply but i use a tablet. so i copy it, scroll the application text and it's gone...

Oof, I don't remember there being such issues on a tablet - but I stopped using a tablet for NS stuff years ago.

If it helps you, you can simply tell us what you'd want to reserve in a simple post and we can discuss it.

The land near the green (russia) i think it was the balkan (romania or just balkan)i want that as the United Republic of Noerstonland (it was a total failure in NS so i abandon it)
Last edited by Kuvukiland on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:07 am

Plzen wrote:
Elerian wrote:Sure thing! I should have my app up within the next hour or so.

From the medieval age to the dawn of industrialisation, Sweden and Russia fought several wars over the plots of land in between, which is a history I would like to see between Scandinavia and Russia in this RP. The initial divisions in the 13th~14th Centuries, with Finland and Estonia in Scandinavian hands and Karelia and Livonia in Russian, the height of Scandinavian power being in the 1600s with Russia being kicked off the Baltic coast entirely, then two disastrous wars in the 1700s returning most of the Baltic south of the Gulf of Finland being returned to Russia.

Was roughly what I was thinking of.

This suspiciously leaves out the two historical crusader states which form the basis of german claims in the area.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse